He May Be Famous, But I Love Him by CassandraTrelawney
Summary: *One-shot* This is basically about Harry and Ginny together; Harry going into his 6th and Ginny her 5th.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3436 Read: 2128 Published: 03/31/05 Updated: 03/31/05

1. He May Be Famous, But I Love Him by CassandraTrelawney

He May Be Famous, But I Love Him by CassandraTrelawney
He May Be Famous, But I Love Him

A One-Shot


Ginny Weasley walked swiftly across her garden at The Burrow. She walked into the woods surrounding the house and went to the center where a stump sat, awaiting her. She looked from her left to her right, almost making sure that no one was around. Then she slowly put her hand into a crack in the stump and removed an emerald green notebook.

She sat down and opened the book up and began to write:

Dear Diary,

Harry and Hermione are coming to the Burrow today. I am anxiously awaiting Hermione’s arrival. We had been owling each other every day since we had gotten out of school, which was only a week and a half ago. She should have been here fifteen minutes ago, but she isn’t here yet so I came to write in you.

I am also desperately awaiting Harry’s arrival, which he is supposed to be here by five o’clock tonight. I want him. I sound desperate for him, but I am. Ron had asked me if I liked him when we were coming home from the station. I had nodded my head that I did. His smile spread across his face in delight.

I had thought every night and wondered if he liked me, or dare I say, loved me.

I hear rustling, let me go before Fred and George come and steal my deepest thoughts, you.

Your Truly,
Ginny


“Ginny?” came the voice of Hermione Granger.

“Uh, I am here, Hermione.”

Hermione came into view. She was the same old Hermione: bushy brown hair, adoring brown eyes, and the smartest girl to ever reach Hogwarts.

“How have you been?” she asked me hugging me than holding me at arms length. “You look great.”

“Thanks. And I have been wonderful, and yourself?”

“Oh, so-so,” she said with a wave of her hand. “What are you doing out here? Your mum said I would find you out here. She also said that you have been acting suspicious all summer. Well, so far all summer.”

I shrugged. “Nothing is up.”

Hermione eyed me suspiciously than said, “Ginny, in your letters you had been open and honest with me, and now you are acting, well, strange.”

“It’s easier to write stuff down, than to say it aloud.”

“Well, I am your best friend. And we have been sharing secrets all summer.” She sat down on the cool grass and gestured for me to sit as well. “So, why don’t you spill whatever is bothering you.”

Ginny sat crossed “ legged on the ground in front of her. “Hermione, honestly, nothing is wrong.”

“Come on, Ginny. You have been hinting that you like someone, who is it?”

Ginny looked at the ground, suddenly becoming interested in the grass. “Well…I do like someone, I will not deny that.”

Hermione squealed. “Ooooh! Tell me!”

“Hermione, don’t act all girly on me.”

“I am sorry. I am different when I am around all girls. When I am around those two,” she said, referring to Harry and Ron. “It is different. I highly doubt that they would understand.”

Ginny nodded her head. “Well, it’s not like he would ever be interested in me.”

“Oh come one! Who would turn you down?”

“The boy I am interested in.”

“Tell me who it is.”

“Ok…I like Harry.”

Hermione broke out into a huge smile. “Oh, Ginny!”

“I know I shouldn’t have told you! It was stupid to do so.”

Ginny started to rise but Hermione sat her back down. “Oh, no you don’t! That was a good ‘Oh, Ginny!’ I swear!

“I am happy for you! You have no idea how much Ron and I wanted this to happen. Ron told me that you fancied him.”

Ginny stared at her, open “ mouthed. “I can’t believe that you two are planning on putting us together! I can’t believe that my own brother is fixing me up!”

Hermione laughed. “Well, you have to admit, Harry is sort of cute.”

“Hermione! You fancy my brother! You can’t fancy Harry too!” Ginny said.

“Oh, come on! I can think he’s cute. I didn’t say I fancied him!”

Ginny threw grass at Hermione. “Yeah, and I still like Michael Corner.”

“I fancy your brother, and you know that. Although, he is to thick to figure it out.”

Ginny agreed and started to laugh. “Well, if you two are going to play matchmaker, than so am I!”

“Ginny, don’t you dare! Ron has to figure this out by himself!”

“And Harry?”

“Well…that’s different. He’s thick too.”

“These seem like the same exact problems.”

“You will not play matchmaker on Ron and I.”

Ginny laughed. “And you two are?”

Hermione smiled. “Yes…”

Hermione blushed. “Well, fine. If I can’t play matchmaker than I will play Cupid.”

“That’s the same thing!”

“No. A matchmaker sets two people up and plans things. Cupid shoots darts into the peoples arses.”

Hermione laughed. “You will not shoot darts into Ron and my arses,” she said in between laughs.

Ginny stood. “Watch me.”

Ginny started to stalk off out of the woods, Hermione trailing her.

.::. --*-- .::.


Later that night after Mrs. Weasley’s wonderful dinner, Ginny and Hermione went up to Ginny’s room.

Hermione put her suitcase on the cot. She took out her robes and started to use a simple ironing curse, that I had seen my mum use numerous times to count.

“I am so jealous that you and the others are finally allowed to use magic outside of school. I still have a whole year to go,” Ginny said with a sigh.

Hermione looked up and smiled. “Well, my mum and dad were really surprised when I came home and told them. Actually, they were sort of scared.”

Ginny laughed at the thought. “You should have seen your face when you said that.”

“What? What do you mean?” Hermione asked, trying to hide a smirk.

“Oh, nothing,” Ginny said, suppressing the rest of her laughs. “So, tell me about your summer. What you haven’t told me in your letters.”

Hermione mused the thought. Than she said, “Well, I thought about Ron a lot, to tell you the truth.”

Ginny gaped at the girl. “I can’t believe that you just told me that!”

“What do you mean? You know I like your brother, and I can confide in you. I have for what, five years?”

“I know, but that’s a little to much information.”

Hermione laughed and put her robes neatly in the drawer Ginny had given her. “Oh Ginny! Come on, I need someone to talk to.”

“Ok, has he asked you out yet?”

Hermione answered simply, “No.”

“Well, than you go talk to him.”

“Yeah, right. He’s the guy, he should be the one to ask.”

“I don’t know.”

“Ok, forget about Ron and I. Let’s talk about you and Harry,” Hermione said, sitting on Ginny’s bed, digressing from the subject of her and Ron.

Ginny blushed immensely. “What do you mean?”

“Oh, come on! I am going to get you two together before tomorrow at lunch.”

“Yeah, right.”

“I will and I am.”

“And how do you plan to do that?”

“Yeah, like I would tell you,” Hermione said laughing.

“You almost did.”

“Come on, Ginny. You like him so you should do something.” Hermione leaned in closer to Ginny. “Can I tell you something?”

“Sure.”

Ginny sat up and moved closer to Hermione. “Well,” Hermione began, “Harry liked you too. He told me. He said that he wasn’t sure how Ron would react. I mean, you ARE Ron’s only and younger sister. He would freak. Well, probably freak. So, Harry told me.”

“So, Harry told you that?” Ginny asked, her eyes wide.

Hermione nodded her head. “Uh huh. He did. He told me last year, before the feast. I was very surprised that he even told me! I never expected a guy, preferably Harry and/or Ron, to actually be so open and honest with me.”

Ginny nodded in agreement. “Yeah. That’s awkward.

“So, he really does like me?”

“Yes, he does. You should tell him how you feel.”

“No, I couldn’t. I would be at a loss for words.”

“Ginny, so what. I am urging you. I have said it a billion times, go for it!”

“Fine, Hermione. I am going to be outside in the garden. It is away from Ron’s window, and the kitchen window. I am giving you fifteen minutes, if you can keep Ron busy and Harry outside, than I will tell him.

“That’s it though, Hermione. Fifteen minutes. And it starts…now.”

Ginny got up and left the room. She walked down the stairs and peered into the kitchen. No one was in there. She peered inside the den. Her mum was reading and her dad was doing some paperwork.

Probably for work, Ginny thought to herself.

She walked quietly to the door and eased it open. She walked outside and to the side of the house. She sat down in the garden.

She took the moment to look around. It was dark outside. From her guess it couldn’t be later than nine o’clock.

The garden was alive though. A gently breeze blew through the garden, sending a gentle scent of wildflowers and roses blowing through the air, and making the flowers dance in their roots.

She gazed up and looked around the corner of the house into Ron’s window. The window was open and she could see two shadows.

Ron and Hermione’s? Ginny thought to herself.

She looked closer and saw at the slight edge of the window was a tall, lean figure.

“Harry,” Ginny breathed breathlessly.

She turned away, and stared intently on the flowers, watching them dance, slowly in the breeze.

----*----

Harry stared at Ron and Hermione talking. Ron was smiling and Hermione was persuading him with something.

He walked over to the window. He looked out and to the side of the garden, where Mrs. Weasley planted her flowers.

He noticed a figure sitting there. He recognized that figure, he would recognize it anywhere, it was Ginny.

He studied her closely. Her milky white skin glowed in the moonlight, the full moon. It glistened in the stars, as they winked at him from above. He could see her copper colored hair shined in the moonlight as the tendrils made their way softly down her back.

Hermione walked up to him. “Hey, Harry. Can you give Ron and I a minute? Ginny’s down in the garden if you want to talk to her.”

Harry nodded and looked from Hermione to Ron, who was facing the wall. He could make out Ron’s ears, behind his head of fiery red hair. “Ok, I’ll go down “ I guess.”

Harry made his way down to the kitchen where he opened the door quietly and walked out into the darkness of night.

Ginny looked up from the ground, she had heard footsteps. But whom she saw made her heart flutter uncontrollably.

Harry smiled and stopped in front of her. “Hello, Ginny.”

“Hello, Harry. What are you doing out here this late at night?”

“Hermione and Ron are talking.”

Ginny nodded. It had been Hermione that had set them up.

She looked Harry over. His eyes were at the ground, safely. His tousled hair was blowing in the breeze. His body was lean, and she noticed the muscles bulging from underneath the sleeves if his robes.

She looked up at his eyes, hoping to get a glimpse of them. But Harry and Ginny looked up at the same time and their eyes met. Neither of them spoke nor blinked, they just stared at one another, in each other’s eyes.

“Ginny?” Harry finally spoke, still not looking up.

“Yes.”

“Ginny, I “ I “ I have been meaning to tell you something.”

Ginny’s heart beat rapidly and her skin went cold. She simply nodded; eagerly awaiting what Harry was about to tell her.

“Ginny…” he took a deep breath before going on. “I really don’t know how to say this, so I am going to come right out a say it. Ginny, I really like you.”

Ginny’s pulse was getting faster by the minute. “Harry, I like you too. I just never really knew how to tell you.”

Harry seemed to relax a bit. He seemed to exhale and he put on a smile. “I am glad that you feel the same way.”

Ginny smiled teasingly. “And why would you think my brother wouldn’t approve?”

He seemed taken aback. “Talking to Hermione now, I see.”

She smiled. “Oh course. Really now, you don’t think that I would have the courage to talk to you now and tell you my feelings, without knowing your first.”

Harry blushed and looked towards the ground. “I shouldn’t have told her.”

Ginny took his chin in her forefinger and lifted it up. She gazed into his emerald green eyes, looking for regret. But she didn’t find any, not even a speck. “Harry, if you hadn’t told her, than the two of us would have never been sure of our feelings.

“If you hadn’t said anything to her, than she wouldn’t have told me of your feelings for me. Than we would not be sitting here at this moment.” Ginny licked her lips before beginning; she took a deep breath and began. “And than we would never of had this chance.”

Harry looked at her and into her innocent brown eyes. “Well, than I guess that I am happy that I told Hermione.”

Ginny nodded. “And I am glad that we have the same feelings for each other.”

“And your brother?” Harry asked.

Ginny laughed and Harry looked at her quizzically. “Harry, my brother and Hermione have been trying to put us together. My brother does agree. He even asked me on the way home from the train ride home at the end of the school year. I think that he does agree.”

Harry looked surprised. “Wow. I would think that he would get mad, or something.”

“And why would you? You’ve known her for just about six years now. So why think he would hate the idea?”

“To tell you the truth, Ginny, I just thought he would hate the fact that his best friend was dating his sister. You are his only sister, not to mention younger sister. Who knows what would go through his head.”

Ginny nodded. “Yes, that is true. But still, never doubt a friend. Specifically, never doubt a true yet best friend.”

Harry smiled. “That’s very wise.”

Ginny shrugged. “It dawns on me.”

“Ginny, this may be difficult.”

Ginny felt a wave of nausea go through her stomach. “What do you mean?”

“Ginny, so you like me because of you I am, or because what I am?”

Ginny didn’t have to think twice. “Harry, I would never look at a man for who he was. I would look at him for who he is.”

“So, my name is not the reason?”

“Never.”

“Ginny?”

“Yes?”

“I don’t know. Ginny, Voldemort is rising. He could use you against me. Is it wise to do this?”

Ginny looked at Harry into his eyes. “Harry, your name does not scare me. Voldemort’s name doe not scare me.

“Harry, if he took you away and I was right next to you, I would go right with you. I would never leave your side. I would never give up on you or leave you.

“Harry, you may be famous. You may be The “ Boy “ Who “ Lived or The Famous Harry Potter, but I love you.”

Harry smiled at her. “I love you too, Ginny. Hard to say that to someone I know very little about, but I have known your family for six years, I have known your brother for six years. I have known you for six years. But yet, I know that I love you.”

Ginny shivered slightly. “Are you cold?” Harry asked her.

“A little. But it’s ok; it’s a beautiful night. It’s clear, perfect for looking at the stars.”

“You like looking at the stars, Ginny?”

“Yes, they are beautiful, not to mention they are perfect to wish upon.”

“Have you ever wished upon one?”

Ginny nodded her head. “Yes, I have”

“Has it ever come true?”

“Of course.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Because I am looking into his eyes.”

Harry blushed slightly, but than looked into Ginny’s eyes. He asked her a question through his eyes, and with her eyes she accepted happily.

Ginny closed her eyes and leaned into Harry letting him kiss her underneath the stars. His kiss sent shivers up and down her spine. Her blood sizzled, yet ran cold. Harry put his arms around her waist, and Ginny noticed that he was holding her up. Her knees had gone weak, and he was her only support.

----*----


The next morning Hermione and Ron were sending odd glances across the table at Harry and Ginny. Harry and Ginny tried to hide their feelings, and the glances.

“What is up with you, lot?” Mrs. Weasley.

They all shot glances at each other. “Nothing, mum,” Ron said.

“Uh, how about we al go outside?” Hermione suggested.

“Well, I am going to Diagon Ally for something, I will be back around noon. You lot be good, you hear?” Mrs. Weasley said to them.

They all nodded and simultaneously said, “Yes.”

When Mrs. Weasley had gone and the house was to themselves, Ron broke the silence. He said, “So, what did you two talk about last night?”

Ginny got the better of her brother. “And what did YOU two talk about?”

Ron reddened. “Nothing, it was nothing.”

Hermione looked hurt. “What do you mean ‘nothing’?”

“Sorry, Hermione. Hermione and I are going out now. Just to let you two know. Happy?”

Hermione seemed pleased. “Very.”

Ron released a deep breath and directed his attention to Harry and Ginny. “And do you two have any news?”

Harry looked at Ginny, who nodded slightly. “Well, Ginny and I are going out.”

Hermione squealed and Ron let out a shout of excitement. “I knew you two would get together!” Ron said loudly.

Ginny smiled. “So you don’t mind?” she whispered.

“Mind? Heck, get married and I would be right there!”

Ginny and Harry laughed, relieving the nerves that had been building up.

“You know,” Hermione began. “This may just be the pinnacle of our relationship.”

Harry looked at Hermione than to Ginny. “No, Hermione. This is definitely not it. Not yet at least.”

---*---


After the breakfast dishes had been cleaned up and put away, Ginny took Harry’s hand. “Come on, Harry. I want to show you something.”

Harry nodded, with a smile on his face. He followed without a word.

Ginny took him through Mrs. Weasley’s garden and past the house. They went into the woods surrounding the Burrow’s house. They came out into, what seemed to be a clearing to Harry.

Ginny took in a deep breath. “Harry, this may seem rather weird and awkward, but this is the place where I take solace.”

Harry smiled. “I don’t find it weird at all. This is rather neat. Someplace where two people could talk.”

Ginny smiled. “I am glad you like it. This has been my place for years. I would hide in here from my brothers. I don’t know if they know about it. But I come here when I am upset or happy, or simply want to be alone.”

Harry nodded and walked over to a tree. “Do you love me, Ginny?”

Ginny shifted but put a smile on. ‘What I said last night was the truth.”

Harry nodded. He put his hand into the pocket of his robes. He extracted a pocketknife. “Well, now it’s our place.”

He then slowly etched into the tree a simple heart with the words ‘Harry love’s Ginny’.




Author’s Note ~ A one-shot. Sorry, it’s sort of short. I hope you liked it! It was based on that heart thing that Scholastic let out. Ok, please review!!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=18274