Harry Potter and the Unknown Power by Potter123
Summary: Harry Potter is going into his sixth year at Hogwarts and is still depressed at the loss of Sirius. During his stay at Grimmauld Place, his friends are trying everything to cheer him up, but will he let them? He also discovers feelings for a certain red-haired witch while someone else discovers a certain brown-haired witch. And his former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Remus Lupin, reveals something that will change his life
forever. This Fic takes place after OOTP

I'm back and chapter 8 is being finished 9/25/14
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 23540 Read: 25121 Published: 05/10/05 Updated: 03/31/06

1. Unexpected Visit by Potter123

2. Back at Grimmauld Place by Potter123

3. Conversation with Voldemort by Potter123

4. Leaving Grimmauld Place by Potter123

5. Voices from the forest. by Potter123

6. Centaur Training by Potter123

7. Close Encounters by Potter123

Unexpected Visit by Potter123
Chapter One
Unexpected Visit


It was a warm summer morning in the small town of Little Whinging as the sun started to rise above the rooftops. As the people who lived at Number four Privet Drive awoke to start their day, a black haired boy sat already awoken and gazing out the window. Harry Potter just sat at his window staring at a younger child crossing the street with his mother and father holding his hands. A small tear slid down his cheek as he thought about his dead parents and Godfather.

"It's all my fault," he said out loud while slamming his fist on his desk. "Sirius would still be here if I didn't go to the Department of Mysteries."

Over the last two weeks, Harry had excluded himself from everything. He stayed up in his room doing anything he could to prevent him from thinking about Sirius. He managed to finish all the homework that would be due to his professors when he returned back to school and had also found time to read old spell books from previous years. He never made an appearance for any of the meals made by his aunt and had also received a dozen letters a day by his two friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, who kept mentioning Sirius in every letter they sent, but he could not find the power to write back.

As he walked over and sat heavily down on his bed, he quickly felt his eyes begin to get heavy and could not hold them open another second.


***


He was walking through a small, dark forest as a thin layer of fog covered his feet. He walked along a narrow dirt path when he felt something pull at his shoulder. He quickly spun around to find himself face to face with Sirius.

"Sirius," he yelled running over and giving him a hug as tears escaped his eyes. "I missed you."

For some reason Sirius pulled back from the hug and started shaking his head while three other figures came out from behind him. A messy haired man slowly stood at Sirius's right while a red-headed women stood at his left followed by young man. Cedric Diggory and Lily and James Potter stood beside Sirius, all shake their heads at him.

"You killed us Harry,"said the ghostly figure of Sirius. "You are the reason we're all dead."

"NO!!" yelled Harry as he felt tears running down his cheeks.

"Yes," said Cedric coldly. "If you had just taken the Triwizard cup like I told you, I would not have been killed."

"NO!!" yelled Harry louder as he covered his ears with his hands.

"Yes, Harry," said Lily turning her back on him.

"How could you do this to us?" asked James turning his back on him also.

"I didn't mean tooooo!! I'm s-sorry!!" he yelled falling onto his knees.

"It's a little late for that," said Cedric as he turned to follow Lily and James.

Lily, James and Cedric walked back into the darkness leaving him and Sirius alone. Harry looked at Sirius while he looked back, without another word, Sirius turned around and followed his two friends and Cedric into the darkness, leaving Harry alone by himself. Everything around him started to fade away as Harry yelled louder and louder for Sirius. The darkness around him was replaced with a skinny necked women who was shaking him violently.

"Harry! Harry, wake up now!" she yelled shaking him harder.

He quickly jumped up and backed away from his aunt who was staring at him as if he were a ghost.

"Sorry," he said quickly putting on his glasses.

They sat in an uncomfortable silence for what seemed to be hours before Aunt Petunia spoke up.

"Vernon wants to speak with you. He's waiting for you in the kitchen," she said Harshly as she walked out of the room leaving Harry alone.

Harry slowly stood up from his bed and got a fresh pair of clothes and walked out of his room, across the hall and into the small bathroom.

He quietly turned on the hot water as the nightmare replayed in his mind over and over again. He slowly stepped into the tub letting the hot water cover every part of his face.

"It's all my fault," he said to himself as the hot water ran down his body. "If I wasn't born, Sirius would still be here and so would my parents and Cedric."

A few minutes later, he turned off the water and stepped out of the tub dripping water on the warm tiled floor as he quickly wiped himself with a towel and got dressed in his jeans and a white overly large shirt that used to belong to his cousin, Dudley. He quietly left the bathroom as he put his dirty clothes back in his room and slowly made his way down the stairs and quietly out the front door before anyone could stop him.

"I don't feel strong enough to deal with them today," he said to himself as he crossed the street. He slowly walked down the street and turned the corner onto Magnolia Road as his dream about Sirius and his Parents replayed over in his mind again. He walked over to the playground and sat down heavily on the swings.

As he sat quietly, he remembered seeing Sirius's Animagus form emerge from the bushes across the street in his third year. Tears quickly formed in his eyes as he said to himself again, "It's all my fault. If I wasn't born Sirius, my parents and Cedric would still be alive."

He gazed at the bushes for what seemed like hours before getting up. "I should probably get back to Privet Drive before Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia find out that I left the house," he said softly to himself as he walked down the street toward Privet Drive.

He walked quietly down the street looking at little children playing and having fun with their parents while running up and down their yards. He couldn't help but smile at the children having fun with their parents and could only wonder if that's what it would be like if he was little and still had his parents?

He continued down the street slowly. He soon found himself standing at the front door of Number Four Private Drive. He hesitantly opened the front door where he met a very angry looking Uncle Vernon.

"Where did you go, boy?" he snarled as he gripped Harry's shoulder with his large hand.

Uncle Vernon quickly pulled Harry into the small kitchen where he saw his cousin sitting at the table eating fruits while his aunty sliced them up for him.

"Where have you been?" asked Aunt Petunia as she jumped up from her seat and stood beside her husband.

"Out," he replied.

"I have been waiting for almost one hour for you," said his Uncle releasing his grip on Harry's shoulder.

"Well, I'm here now. What do you want?" asked Harry slowly glancing out the window.

"Today, you need to cut the grass in the front of the house and do the dishes for Petunia," replied Uncle Vernon as he glared at Harry.

Harry slowly looked up from the window and met his uncle's eyes and softly replied, "Sorry, I don't feel like working today."

Uncle Vernon, who obviously managed to here him, turned a dark shade of purple. "Petunia, did you hear what he said?"

"Yes," she replied as she nodded her head and turned to watch as Harry looked back out the window.

"You will do what I told you if you wish to remain living under this roof," yelled his uncle walking in front of Harry and staring him squarely in the eye. "Just because you lost that mad, murdering Godfather of yours that doesn't mean you don't need to contribute to this family."

Harry suddenly felt a surge of anger pass through his body as his eyes flashed dangerously. "If I don't want to work today than I don't need to to," he said coldly. "And don't ever call my Godfather a murderer!!"

Uncle Vernon stuck out his arm grabbing the front of Harry's shirt and forcing him up against the wall without removing his hand.

"You will work or I will throw you out on the street. And nobody will be able to stop me," yelled his uncle lifting up his fist ready to strike.

Harry quickly looked over at the table to find Dudley in a fit of laughter at the scene taking place in front of him.

"You do not have the power to throw me out," said Harry with a smile as he returned his gaze to Uncle Vernon. "Maybe you should have that whale over there work for once."

Uncle Vernon quickly swung his fist out of rage at Harry, hitting him directly on the cheek.

"Don't you ever insult my son ever ag---"

Harry watched in shock as his uncle flew across the room and hitting into a wall causing him to fall to the floor as his son and wife ran to his side.

Harry slowly turned his head to see a dark robed figure with his hood covering his face standing in the doorway with his wand pointed at Uncle Vernon.

"Nice to see you again, Dursley," said the man in a hissing cold voice.

Harry could see the look of terror in his uncle's eyes as he turned around to see the hooded figure.

Voldemort met my uncle before? Harry thought to himself as he backed up against the wall with his eyes open wide with fear and his hand ready on his wand.

"Thought I told you to leave Potter alone," said the hooded figure as he stepped closer to Uncle Vernon with his wand aimed at his chest. The man slowly pulled back his hood to reveal . . . Mad-Eye Moody?

Uncle Vernon just stood frozen as Moody moved closer to him.

"Moody," Harry said softly to himself as Moody's wand was now an inch from Uncle Vernon's chest.

"Harry," said a voice behind Moody. "Come, were taking you back with us right now."

Harry slowly walked over to his former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and gave him a hug. "Lupin?" asked Harry with a confused look on his face. "Why are you guys here?"

"Well it seems that someone didn't send an owl to us saying that he was okay," said Lupin with a sad look on his face as he saw the purple bruise on Harry's cheek and the blood running down from the corner of his lip.

There was a loud crash from behind them. Harry quickly whipped out his wand and pointed at a pink headed women laying on the floor beside his trunk.

"Harry!!" yelled Tonks standing up, brushing herself off and jumping into his arms giving him a tight hug. She quickly noticed the injury he received from his uncle and felt the smile from her face disappear.

"So, where are we going?" Harry asked Tonks as tears began to form in her eyes. "The Burrow?"

Tonks had no time to reply because Moody walked in holding out one of Aunt Petunia's favorite tea cups and leaving a very scared looking family behind him. "Hurry up, we don't got all day," he growled at them. They each placed a finger on the tea cup as Moody spoke again, "Three . . . two . . . one . . ."

With a flash of light and a loud and distinctive pop, they disappeared from Privet Drive and was now spinning through a whirlwind of colors.
Back at Grimmauld Place by Potter123
Chapter 2
Back at Grimmauld Place


Harry, Lupin, Tonks, and Moody landed quietly in the large kitchen of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. Tonks and Harry went falling forward onto the cold floor while Lupin gave a soft chuckle.

"Get up Potter," growled Moody as he limped over to Harry. "How do you expect to survive in this war if you fall over while using a Portkey?"

"S-sorry," replied Harry as he jump to his feet and began brushing off his clothes.

He looked up after a few minutes and finally realized where he was. He slowly walked around the empty kitchen while lightly touching everything he passed as Moody yelled at Tonks for always being clumsy. Lupin was the only one watching as Harry stopped in the front of Sirius' favorite coffee cup.

"Harry," said Lupin, interrupting him out of his thoughts. "Maybe we should get--"

"Harry!!!"

Harry quickly turned around to find a bushy haired witch running into the room. Lupin, Moody and Tonks quietly backed away from Harry to let the brown haired witch see him properly.

"Harry," said Hermione, jumping into his arms and hugging him as tight as she could. "Why haven't you been answering any of my letters?"

Why is Hermione here at Grimmauld Place? thought Harry. Shouldn't she be with her parents?

"I didn't get any letters," he lied.

"How are you?" asked Hermione softly as loud noises echoed from the floor above.

Harry knew that she was referring to Sirius's death and wordlessly stepped back from her, not wanting to answer the question. Hermione nodded her head understandingly as six red-headed people ran into the room with their wands held tightly in their hands.

"Hermione," said Ginny as she slid her wand into her pajamas. "We thought you were being attacked--"

"Harry!!" yelled Mrs Weasley as she ran over and gave him a bone crushing hug. "I've been so worried about you."

Harry could feel his lungs getting crushed as Mrs Weasley refused to let him go.

"Mum," said Fred and George together as they walked behind their mother. "He's turning purple, let him breath."

"Oh, sorry, dear," said Mrs Weasley as she released him.

Harry looked around the full kitchen to see Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred and George, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Moody, Lupin and Tonks talking to each other.

Harry stood quietly in a corner by himself as everyone talked and laughed. "They don't even care t-that Sirius is. . . Sirius is. . ." he said but couldn't finish his sentence.

"Partner," said cheerful voices behind Harry.

He slowly turned around to see the twins advancing on him. "What?" asked Harry softly as they stood in front of him. "I'm not your partner."

"Yes, you are," said George with a slight smile.

"If it weren’t for you, we wouldn't even have a joke shop," said Fred.

"Which I might add that business is going great," added George as he danced around the room.

"So we decided to give you fifty percent of the money we make," said Fred and George together.

"I-I cant take that money from you. I already have enough money," said Harry as the thought of having more money came into his mind.

"Sorry Harry," said George as Fred walked away. "We won’t take no for an answer."

Harry stared at their retreating backs as he felt a hand grip his shoulder. He turned around to see Ron and Hermione.

"Finally. I thought I was going to be stuck with Hermione all summer," said Ron as he gave Harry a firm handshake.

Hermione sent a threatening glare towards Ron before she looked at Harry. "Are you excited?"

"About what?" asked Harry and Ron at the same time as Hermione rolled her eyes at the both of them.

"Our O.W.L.'s should be arriving this week," she replied as if it was the easiest thing to remember.

Harry looked at Hermione as she smile at him. "Don't remind me--"

"What happened to your face?" asked Ron, loud enough for the whole room to hear.

Everybody in the room glanced down at his right cheek where the bruise was. Ron, Fred and George stared angrily as Hermione, Ginny and Mrs Weasley covered their mouths while tears formed in their eyes.

"Did those Muggles do this to you?" asked Fred as he punched his fist into the table.

Harry slowly nodded his head in reply.

"I knew those Muggles would do something like this," said George.

Ron, Fred and George walked into the corner of the room a second later and began whispering furiously to each other while Mrs Weasley and Ginny walked quietly out of the room with tears dropping down their cheeks.

"Harry," said Mr Weasley walking up and patting him softly on the back. "Dumbleore will be here sometime around noon. He wants to speak to you personally."

"Yes, Mr Weasley," replied Harry politely.

Mr Weasley gave Harry another soft pat on the back and walked over to the counter to pour himself some coffee. Harry slowly looked over at Ron and noticed the scars on his wrist from the brains in the Department of Mysteries.

I-I also led my friends into danger, Harry thought to himself as he remembered the Death Eaters. They could have been killed . . .all because I was so stupid to fall for Voldemort's trick.

Harry quickly left the room before anyone could stop him. He could hear his heart pounding against his chest as he ran up the stairs and into a room on the second floor. He pushed the door shut, and walked across the room.

As he walked across the room, he felt his body burn as if he was suddenly lit on fire. He quickly dropped to his knees as it got worse.

No, Harry thought fearfully. He's trying to posses me again.

After what seemed like forever, the pain was suddenly gone. But Harry could still sense the presence of someone inside his mind.

He's searching for information, thought Harry as he concentrated with all his power to shut the presence out of his mind.

Within ten minutes, Harry was able to shut the presence out of his mind, but was tired from concentrating.

"It's all my fault," he said out loud as he lay on the large bed. "If I had just learned Occlumency, Sirius would still be here . . . and my friends wouldn't be hurt."

"If I was just stronger, than none of this would have happened!!" he yelled at the stone walls.

The prophecy's contents suddenly came rushing into his head as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES. . . . BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICE DEFIED HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES. . . AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM AS HIS EQUAL, BUT HE WILL HAVE A POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT. . . AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES. . . . THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES . . .

"I will do everything I can to defeat you, Voldemort," he said softly as he stared at the stone ceiling before his eyes began to close.

***


"We did it, Master," said a women that stood in the darkness. "They’re all free and you now have full control over the dementors."

"That's good news, Bella," replied a cold voice Harry knew all to well.

"But Master," said Bellatrix in a whisper. "How did the Aurors know we would be breaking into Azkaban?"

"Good question, Bella," replied Voldemort. "There is no way that they would have known."

Bellatrix paced around the room in deep concentration as two snake-like eyes watched her.

"You had to have been betrayed, Master," said Bellatrix still pacing the room. "It's the only way."

"Yes," replied Voldemort softly. "But who is betraying me?"

"I don't know, but I will find them," replied Bellatrix.

"Master," said Bellatrix in a whisper. "What about Potter?"

"Don't ever say that name around me, Bella!!" yelled Voldemort.

"Sorry Master," apologized Bellatrix as she bowed to Voldemort.

There was an odd silence before Voldemort spoke. "Bella, I want you and a few others to kill that boy. He has caused me to much trouble for too long. If you fail me again, Bella, I will see to it that you never see your husband again."

Without another word she left the room.


***


Harry awoke with sweat dripping down his face and his scar burning as someone or something wiped his forehead with a wet towel. He slowly opened his eyes to find a pair of wide, green eyes staring back at him.

"Ahhhhhh!!" he yelled as he jumped out of his bed. "Dobby. I thought I told you never do that."

"D-Dobby is sorry, sir," replied the small house elf as he looked at his feet. "Master Dumbledore is waiting for you in the kitchen."

Harry glanced out the open door for a minute before answering. "Okay, thanks," he said as he slowly left the room. The small house elf began folding the blankets and sheets on the bed as Harry made his way slowly down the stairs.


***


"Ahh, Harry," said Dumbledore softly as he walked into the kitchen. "How have you been?"

"Fine," replied Harry rudely before sitting next to Lupin.

Harry, Lupin and Mr and Mrs Weasley sat quietly at the table while Dumbledore looked at Harry's bruised cheek with sadness in his eyes. Harry refused to make eye contact with him.

"Harry," said Dumbledore calmly. "I am here to inform you that because of the recent abuse by the Dursley's, you will never be living with them again."

Harry only nodded his head in reply as everyone in the room stared at him.

Dumbledore looked at Harry sadly as he still refused to make eye contact. "Harry, I know you're mad at me--"

"Mad at you," Harry yelled making everyone around him jump back. "No, I'm not mad at you. All you did was let Sirius die and hide things from me my entire life, but I'm not mad at you."

Harry knew that he wouldn't really blame Dumbledore for what happened at the Ministry. He just needed someone to yell at and free his anger, guilt and sadness. And apparently, that person was Dumbledore.

"Harry," said Dumbledore softly. "I'm sorry. It was my fault and you have every reason to be mad at me right now, but I fear that Voldemort will try and send you visions or even posses you again."

"He's been sending me visions all summer," Harry yelled back as the four of them stared at him in shock. "And I felt him trying to take over my body and get information from my mind, but can't do it."

"Harry, it's very important for you to continue Occlumency," said Dumbledore with a hint of fear in his voice. "If Voldemort knows he can keep sending you visions, he might try to send apart of himself into your soul."

"What does that mean?" asked Lupin, Mr Weasley and Mrs Weasley at the same time.

"I have just found out that there is away to send part of yourself into someone else, but it needs power, power which only I and Voldemort posses," said Dumbledore without blinking. "If you are able to send a part of yourself into someone else, you could take over their body permanently. And to make matters worse, they can switch through the two body's at will."

Lupin and Mr Weasley stared at Harry while Mrs Weasley ran over to him and hugged him tighter than she ever have before.

"Oh Harry," was all Mrs Weasley could say as she refused to let go.

"Molly," said Dumbledore calmly. "We have more important matters to discuss and I think Harry would like to hear this."

Mrs Weasley nodded her head as she released Harry and sat beside her husband again. They sat in silence as Dumbledore stared at his pocket watch.

"What is it?" asked Lupin softly as Dumbledore looked up at him.

"In a minute," Dumbledore replied softly.

The five of them sat in silence for a few minutes before the fireplace roared and several members of the Order of the Phoenix stepped out.

Dumbledore looked upon the worried faces of Mad-Eye Moody, Kingsley, Dwalish, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Lupin, Tonks, McGonagall, Snape, Dedalus Diggle, Elphias Doge and Sturgis Podmore. Harry had a good idea about what was going on, but never said anything. Dumbledore slowly shifted in his chair as Professor McGonagall asked, "What has happened, Albus?"

"I have called you all here tonight for an emergency meeting," he replied softly as he took another glance around the room. "There has been an attack."

"Where?" asked Kingsley Shackleboat as he looked up at Dumbledore.

"Azkaban," he replied looking over at Harry.

Harry suddenly felt his throat tighten as he returned Dumbledore's gaze.

"All the prisoners have escaped," Dumbledore continued. "The Ministry of Magic has lost complete control over the dementors and they have joined Voldemort."

There seemed to be a uncomfortable silence where everyone seemed to be thinking. They sat quietly thinking before Snape spoke up.

"Headmaster," he said in his usual hissing voice. "I have a report to make from yesterday night."

"The floor is yours, Serverus," replied Dumbledore politely as the rest of the Order landed their eyes on Snape.

Snape slowly stood up from his chair. "The Dark Lord has sent a team of his most trustworthy Death Eaters to kill Potter for the trouble he caused at the Ministry," said Snape. "My guess is that they are going to attack him while he's in Diagon Alley--"

"He will not be going," interrupted Mrs Weasleys as tears formed in her eyes. "Neither is Hermione, Ron or Ginny."

"I understand, Molly," replied Dumbledore shortly.

"It has started," said Harry loud enough for most of the Order to hear.

"What'd you say, Potter?" growled Moody.

"I said, it has started. The second war has begun."

The Order members looked around from one face to the other and swiftly nodded their heads in agreement.

"I didn't expect Voldemort to attack this soon," said Dumbledore raising from his chair. "Minerva . . . Serverus, I need to speak with you at Hogwarts, The rest of you are free to go."

Without another word, the two professors stood from their seats and left the kitchen followed by the rest of the Order, leaving Dumbledore and Harry alone.

"Harry, how did you know about Azkaban?" asked Dumbledore as he watched Harry give a slight frown.

"I sort of tapped into Voldemort's mind while I fell asleep this morning. Bellatirx was telling him that they broke into Azkaban and freed all the prisoners," said Harry looking directly into his Headmaster's blue eyes. "Voldemort knows he is being betrayed because the Aurors showed up while the attack. But he doesn't know it's Professor Snape, yet."

Dumbledore gave a slight frown as he walked a few steps. "I must meet Serverus and Minerva at Hogwarts. We need to go over something's before the students arrive."

Dumbledore quietly walked toward the door of the kitchen. "Professor," said Harry as Dumbledore turned around to look at him. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier."

"You were right," said Dumbledore as he turned to walk out the door.

"Professor," Harry called as Dumbledore turned to face him again.

"Yes, Harry?"

"How come Proffesor Snape didn't know about the attack on Azkaban but the Aurors did?"

"I don't know," replied Dumbledore in deep thought before looking at Harry again. "Is there anything else I can help you with, Harry?"

"Umm yeah . . . why is Dobby at Grimmauld Place?" he asked.

Dumbledore gave a soft laugh. "That house elf would have attacked me if I didn't let him stay with you for the summer. He begged me for two weeks before I finally gave in."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," replied Harry as he walked through the door with Dumbledore.

"Ahh, this is where I must leave you. Your O.W.L's should be here tomorrow and I must tell you before I forget. Your Occlumencey lesson is going to be on the first Monday of term," said Dumbledore as he walked into the middle of the room. "I will see you in two days, so pack your trunk."

Why do I need to pack my trunk? I just unpacked it, thought Harry as Dumbledore gave one last smile before disappearing from the dustyhouse.
________________________________________________________

A/N: Thanks to CraftySlytherin, Mala, Izzylovessanpe, Crubled and Harrietta Potter for reviewing my first chapter and for those of you who took the time to read it. I also want to give the biggest thanks to Robin for helping me with this chapter.
Conversation with Voldemort by Potter123
Chapter 3
Conversation with Voldemort


Early the next morning, Harry awoke with a thin layer of cold sweat covering his face. Voldemort had sent him another vision, but he couldn't remember it. All he could remember was pain worse than he ever felt before. But, there was something other than pain he felt. It was more hatred then he ever felt in his life.

He slowly climbed out of bed while wiping the sweat off his face as his stomach gave a soft growl. He walked out the door and down the old staircase in his boxer shorts and undershirt as everyone else slept quietly.

I wonder where Dobby is? I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon, thought Harry, as he quietly walked into the empty kitchen to find a mountain of eggs, bacon and toast on the table.

Harry scanned the kitchen with his eyes, hoping to see the small house elf, but he didn't. He quietly sat in a chair and began putting food onto his plate as someone entered the room.

"Good morning," said a voice behind him as he jumped up from the table.

He quickly turned around to see a blond-haired women standing beside him.

"Tonks!!" Harry scolded. "Don't do that. You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Wow," said Tonks eyeing him closely. "Do you walk around Hogwarts like that too?"

"Like what?" he asked as he glanced down at his boxer shorts and undershirt. "I'm almost naked!!"

"Relax Harry, you look fine," said Tonks grabbing him around the arm and pushing him back into a chair as he tried to run out of the kitchen.

Harry sat uncomfortably still as Tonks sat in the chair beside him and piled food onto her plate.

"So," she said casually. "I hear that someone's birthday is in a couple of days?"

"Actually in two months," said Harry as Tonks' smile turned into a frown. "Hermione's birthday is in September."

There was in an uncomfortable silence as Tonks stared at Harry with pity in her eyes. A second later, the kitchen echoed with a loud 'hoot' as a brown owl flew in through the window holding a large paper in it's beak. It swoop down and landed on top the kitchen table as Tonks pulled some money out of her pocket. After being paid, the owl flew into the air again and Harry quietly picked up the Daily Prophet as the front title caught his eye.

Azkaban breakout followed by three murderous attacks.

Only sixteen hours ago, The place we've known to be an unbreakable fortress has fallen under the wrath of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and his fearful Death Eaters. The highly feared guards of Azkaban have disappeared without a trace. Some say they have joined He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named but other's say he killed them. Only a few short hours after the breakout, Ministry Aurors found the Dark Mark floating above three towns near London. Several Muggle and Wizard family's are in critical condition, while more were found dead in their homes. The Minister of Magic, 'Cornelius Fudge', has given word of his retirement to Minister of Magic only two hours after these attacks. The person we feared for so long has come back. Will the Muggle and wizard world turn to 'Albus Dumbledore' once again? Or will the Boy-Who-Lived have the power to defeat You-Know-Who once again and rid the world of him once and for all?


Harry stared at the Daily Prophet with his mouth hanging open slightly as Tonks quietly read over his shoulder.

Voldemort attacked three towns, thought Harry as several people started walking into the kitchen. He was looking for me. It's all my fault.

Harry stood up and quickly walked across the room leaving Tonks behind to read the Daily Prophet. As he walked back up the stairs, into Sirius' old bedroom, he jumped onto the large bed. He quickly heard a voice in his head.

"How are you Harry," hissed the snake-like voice.

"Voldemort," said Harry in a whisper.

"I guess you have read the Daily Prophet," Voldemort laughed coldly.

"You should have seen it Harry," said Voldemort as his voice became colder. "The way they ran and screamed. They were completely helpless. Just like you."

Concentrate, Harry told himself as he tried to force Voldemort out of his mind.

"Think Harry. Is everyone around you worth that price?" asked Voldemort with another cold laugh.

"What price?" asked Harry through clenched teeth.

"You," he hissed back. "They will end up just like your Godfather because they are trying to help you."

"No," said Harry breathlessly as he felt a tear slid down his cheek.

"Do you miss your parents and Godfather?" asked Voldemort as Harry concentrated harder. "I can teach you a way to bring them back to life."

"Noooo!!" yelled Harry as he pushed Voldemort out of his mind.

Harry lay with a pillow over his head and tears running down his cheek as he remembered how helpless he was in the Department of Mysteries.

"How am I supposed to kill Voldemort?" he whispered into the bed as he shut his eyes tight and fell asleep.

***


Harry was standing near the lake at Hogwarts as the cold night air rushed against his skin. he didn't even notice the robed figure standing beside him until he look into the lake to see his reflection. Harry could feel the pain and hatred again. But this time it was stronger.

He watched as the robe figure pulled out his wand and whispered something he couldn't hear. As the robed figure stopped whispering, a bright green skull appeared in the black sky. The Dark Mark.

Harry watched the robe figure vanished without a sound. He looked down to see a greasy haired man covered in blood as he lay dead on the ground. The man was Professor Snape.

Although Harry had come to hate this man during his time at Hogwarts, he didn't wish that he would be killed. He fell beside his Professor as the world around him started to fade away.

***


"Harry Potter, sir," said a high pitched voice as he shook Harry violently. "Harry Potter, sir, wake up."

Harry quickly opened his eyes to see a small house elf beside him holding a wet towel.

"Dobby," Harry said breathlessly as he jumped out of his bed. "Go check where Professor Snape is, quick."

The small house elf nodded his head and disappeared with a soft pop.

As Dobby was away in search for Professor Snape, Voldemort's words replayed in Harry's head. They were completely helpless. Just like you.

Voldemort is right, thought Harry as his battle at the Ministry of Magic played in his mind again. I am helpless. If Dumbledore and the Order hadn't come, we would all have died.

With a soft pop, Dobby appeared in front of Harry. Harry quickly looked up into Dobby eyes and asked, "Where is he?"

"He is with Master Dumbledore. They are talking about dueling," replied Dobby as Harry looked at him.

"Well, if Dumbledore wants to kill him I guess it's okay," mumbled Harry with a slight grin.

"Is there anything else you wish for Dobby to do?" asked the small elf.

"Actually there is," replied Harry as he whispered something into Dobby ear. "Can you get that for me?"

"Dobby will be happy to get Harry Potter what he needs," said Dobby as he disappeared again.

Harry sat on the edge of Sirius' old bed when a voice echoed through the whole house.

"FRED!!!!GEORGE!!!!RONALD!!!!" yelled an angry women.

"I wonder what's going on," said Harry curiously as he jumped off the bed and walked out the bedroom door.

Harry walked down the staircase and into the kitchen. As soon as he walked into the kitchen, he saw Mrs Weasley furiously pointing her finger at her three son's as they cowered behind the table.

"I can't believe you did that!!" she yelled as she quickly walked around the table. Fred, George and Ron ran as fast as they could to the other side of the table as their mother shot them a glare.

"We had to," replied Fred as his mother walked quickly around the table. This time as Fred, George and Ron ran to the other side, George tripped on the leg of the table causing him to fall to the floor.

"Noooo!!!!" yelled George as Mrs Weasley stood in front of him and pulled out her wand to summon several spoons.

As George lay on the ground swinging his arms and legs in every direction trying to block the spoons, Mrs Weasley continued to chase Fred and Ron.

"Mum," Ron cried but she cut him off.

"The Order had to go over and change the three of them back. When they got there, they were all monkeys!!" yelled Mrs Weasley as she ran around the table again.

"Actually they were pigs," Fred corrected her.

Mrs Weasley quickly caught up to Fred and Ron. As she raised her wand, Ron tried to hold it away from him. "No, not the spoons Mum, please!!" he cried.

"Umm. . . Mrs Weasley," said Harry as he walked beside her. "What's going on?"

Mrs Weasley quickly lowered her wand from Fred, George and Ron. They gave Harry a grateful look as George scrambled to his feet.

"Harry," said Mrs Weasley as she ran over and gave Harry a tight hug. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," replied Harry truthfully as Fred, George and Ron quietly tried to walk out of the room.

"Fred and George," said Mrs Weasley as she released Harry and turned to look at them coldly. "You will have to scrub the floors in the living room for what you did this morning."

Harry heard laughter behind him and turned to see Ginny and Hermione leaning against the frame of the door. Ron softly laughed as he heard what Fred and George's punishment was.

"And what is so funny, Ronald?" asked Mrs Weasley as she turned to look at Ron.

Ron immediately stopped laughing as his mother walked closer to him.

"You will be doing the dishes until you have to go back to school," said Mrs Weasley in a deadly cold voice.

Ginny and Hermione laughed even harder as they saw the expression on Ron's face.

"But Mum," whined Ron. "That's a house elf's job."

Hermione glared at Ron in disgust as she heard what he had just said.

"Well, would like the spoons instead?" asked Mrs Weasley as she pulled her wand out again.

"Umm. . . I think doing dishes is fair enough," said Ron as he quickly ran out of the room.

Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George laughed at Ron as he ran from the room and up the stairs. Mrs Weasley sent another glare towards the twins and watched as they quickly stopped laughing and followed Ron up the stairs.

"You three," said Mrs Weasley turning to look at him, Hermione and Ginny. "Dinner will be ready soon, so stay out of trouble."

"Yes, Mrs Weasley," replied Harry as he exited the room and walked up the staircase and back into the room he was staying in.

Harry quietly sat on the large bed while running a hand threw his messy hair. What is taking Dobby so long, he thought to himself as a soft knock echoed from the door.

"Come in," said Harry while sitting up straight.

The door slowly opened as Hermoine stepped into the room. She was followed by Fred, George, Ginny and Ron.

"Hi, Harry," she said cheerfully as she sat beside him on the bed.

"Hi," replied Harry awkwardly.

Fred, George and Ginny sat together on the floor while Ron sat on the other side of Harry.

"We haven't seen you since you arrived so we thought we would spend some time with you," said Hermione as she saw Harry's confused face.

"You don't mind do you?" asked Ginny.

"No," replied Harry as the four of them gave a sigh of relief.

"So," said Ron casually. "What did Dumbledore want last night?"

"He just wanted to tell me that I'm going to continue Occlumency lessons and to pack my trunk," he said the last part softly.

"Pack your trunk," ecohed Hermione as she jumped off the bed. "You just got here. You cant leave."

"I have to," said Harry as Hermione sat beside him again.

"Why?" asked Ginny as everyone looked up at Harry.

"I don't know, but I know I have to," replied Harry as they all looked down at the floor.

"But your birhtday is in two weeks," said Fred and George together.

"Can I ask you something?" said Harry as he ignored what they said and looked at them and Ron .

"Sure," replied George as he sat beside Ron.

"Who did you turn into monkeys?"

"Pigs," corrected Fred.

"We turned your relatives into pigs," said George as a smile appeared on Harry's face. "Just to give them some payback for what they did to you."

"Ya," added Ron. "And Mum thinks she can still use the spoons on us. Bloody hell, we are practically adults."

"No, not the spoons Mum, please!!" teased Fred and George as Ron's ears started turning red.

"How did you turn Harry's relatives into pigs?" asked Hermione inquisitively.

"Latest product," replied Fred pulling a paper out of his pocket. "If you drink it, you will turn into the animal that most resembles you."

Harry took the paper from Fred and looked down to see a man drinking some kind of red liquid and then turning into a bear.

"Then how did my aunt become a pig?" asked Harry curiously.

"She didn't," answered George. "She turned into a chicken."

Harry let out laugh before saying, "I need to buy some of that."

"Why," asked Ron with a confused look on his face.

"Because," replied Harry with another laugh. "I really miss seeing Malfoy as a ferret."

Fred, George, Ron, Hermione and Ginny laughed along with Harry.

"Did our O.W.L.'s come yet?" asked Harry when he finally managed to stop laughing.

"Well. . .ours did," replied Ron.

Harry stared at Ron and Hermione for a second. "Pardon."

"You see Harry, your O.W.L.'s didn't come. only ours did," answered Hermione as a voice yelled up the stairs.

"DINNER IS READY!!"
________________________________________________________
Once again, thanks to HollieWeasley, Harrietta Potter, Katastrophe, MrsGeorgeWeasley and Grindelwald for reviewing my first chapter and for those of you who took the time to read it. I also want to give the biggest thanks to Craftyslytherin for always saying great things about my fic, and to Robin. I couldn't have done this without you. Your the best. Now, does anyone want to guess who the robed figure is from Harry's nightmare. You can email me or guess in your review. I might answer. . .I might not.
Leaving Grimmauld Place by Potter123
Chapter 4
Leaving Grimmauld Place


Harry groaned as the morning sunlight burned into his eyes causing them to tear. He tiredly rolled onto his stomach and pulled his pillow over his head to block the sunlight. He could hear someone yelling in the hallway as his bedroom door opened. The soft noise of someone walking across the room echoed all around, as they sat heavily on the bed and tried to pull the blanket off him.


“Harry Potter, sir. Dobby did what you have asked of him," said a small voice beside him.


"Where is it?" replied Harry tiredly as the small house elf uncomfortably shook his shoulders.


"Dobby could not bring it to the Black family house, sir," replied the house elf while still shaking him.


"Why?" asked Harry as Dobby managed to pull the blankets off him.


"Because Harry Potter is leaving the Black family house today," replied Dobby as he watched Harry's head instantly shoot up from under the pillow.


"I forgot to pack my trunk--" yelled Harry while jumping off the bed and landing on his feet. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner? I still need to pack my trunk--"


"Don't worry about that, sir," said the small house elf as he jumped off the bed. "Dobby has already done it for you."


"You did?" asked Harry as he looked across the room too where his trunk was currently located.


Dobby quickly nodded his head. "Dobby also had time to make you and the Wheezy' some breakfast."


Dobby quickly opened the door for him. "Dobby," said Harry turning around to see the house elf again.


"Yes, sir?" Is there anything else you wish for Dobby to get?" asked Dobby.


"Not exactly. I need to talk to you after breakfast," said Harry while slowly walking out of the room.


"It would be an honor, sir," Dobby replied before snapping his fingers and disappearing.


Harry quickly walked down the stairs as the smell of Dobby's breakfast filled his nose. He quietly opened the kitchen door to find Tonks, Lupin, Hermione, and the Weasley family had already started eating. "Harry," said Lupin as he stood up and pulled Harry into a very tight hug. "How do you feel?"


"Fine," Harry replied. Everyone kept asking if he was fine or feeling all right, and to tell the truth, he was starting to get annoyed.


"Well dear, stop standing around and come eat," said Mrs. Weasley as she pointed to an empty seat between Ron and Hermione.


Harry slowly walked over to the table saying good morning to everyone he passed. He looked over at Tonks, who gave him a playful wink. He quickly looked down to see himself fully dressed. He gave a sigh of relief before sitting between Ron and Hermione.


"Morning," he said to the both of them.


"Morning, Harry," said Hermione cheerfully. "We were just talking about what we would like to do after we leave Hogwarts-"


"Yes, Harry," said Lupin entering the conversation. "What do you plan on doing after you leave Hogwarts?"


"He is going to play professional Quidditch," said Ron, as he patted Harry on the back.


"Honestly, Ron," said Hermione with an irritated voice. "Just because you want Harry to play Quidditch, doesn't mean he wants to."


"What are you talking about, of course he wants to play Quidditch. Harry, think about this," said Ron. "Not only do you get the best gear in the whole world, and have me as your teammate, you also have the most beautiful witches looking in your direction--"


"Why don't we let Harry decide what he would like to do," interrupted Lupin as he looked over at Harry.


"Well... I was planning on becoming an Auror," replied Harry softly. Hermione gave a satisfied smile.


"If you like, Harry, I know a few people down in the Auror division, and I could talk to some of them for you," said Mr. Weasley while putting a sausage in his mouth.


A slight smile appeared on Harry's face, but before he had time to reply, an angry voice filled the room, causing everyone to go silent.


"You will do no such thing, Arthur!" yelled Mrs. Weasley as she furiously pointed a finger at Harry. "He's only fifteen! He has enough to deal with right now! Do you remember what Dumbledore told us the night he arrived here?"


"Of course I do, Molly," replied Mr. Weasley calmly. "But you must understand, it's Harry's choice on what to do when he leaves Hogwarts--"


"That's when he leaves Hogwarts!!" yelled Mrs. Weasley as tears started running down her cheeks. "He's only a child still!!"


Everyone in the room sat shocked at Mrs. Weasley's sudden outburst. No one had ever seen her yell like that before. Before Mr. Weasley had a chance to talk again, Mrs. Weasley ran from the room while wiping her tear stained face on her apron.


"What the bloody hell was that all about?" asked Ron while Hermione stared at Harry suspiciously.


Harry quickly avoided her eye contact, and looked over to the eyes of his former professor. Lupin slowly nodded his head before getting up and placing his plate in the sink. "Dumbledore should arrive here soon. Did you get your trunk packed?" asked Lupin as he sat back down at the table.


"Actually," replied Harry as he finished his last sausage. "Dobby did it for me."


Harry quickly looked over to see a reded face Hermione glaring at him as Lupin got up and left the room. "H-he did it on his own. I didn't tell him to do it. I-I promise," Harry stuttered.


"I would hope so, Harry," said Hermione as she got up and placed her plate in the sink.


"S.P.E.W" whispered Ron under his breath. He had a sour look on his face.


"What's S.P.E.W?" asked Tonks while biting into her toast.


"It's a group of people who go and try to convince other people that house elves aren't treated fairly, and that they shouldn’t work for anyone but themselves," replied Fred while rolling his eyes.


"It's stupid really," said Fred shaking his head.


George looked at everyone around the table. "I mean, everyone knows that house elves were made to serve wizards."


Standing by the sink, was a red faced Hermione, who obviously heard the conversation at the table.


"Yeah," said Ron as he looked at Fred and George. "It's not our fault they are all mad enough to work for free."


Out of her anger, Hermione picked up her plate that had been sitting in the sink and whipped it as hard as she could towards Ron. However, she was not as accurate with plates as she was with spells. The plate she whipped across the room hit Harry on the back of the head, causing him to fall to the floor, and the plate to break into pieces on his head.



"Harry!!" said Hermione as she ran over and kneeled beside him. "I'm so sorry. I-I wasn't aiming for you."


"It's all right, Hermione," replied Harry while rubbing the back of his head.


"Well, I guess it's a good thing you have a particularly hard head," came a voice by the door.


"Well, Gin," said Harry turning to see the redheaded witch walking into the room. "I guess my head isn't hard enough." Harry slowly removed his hand to reveal blood dripping down his neck.


Hermione stared at the dripping blood, feeling guilty she even tried to throw a plate at anyone.


"Come on, Harry. Mum can heal your hard head," giggled Ginny as she helped him off the floor.


Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron, who decided to follow them, walked up the staircase, and into the bathroom/ laundry room where Mrs. Weasley was washing clothes.


Ginny gave two knocks on the door before entering.

"What's a matter, dear?" asked Mrs. Weasley when Ginny entered.


" Harry's head is bleeding-"


"What!!" yelled Mrs. Weasley as she pulled Harry into room and examined his head. "How did this happen?"


"Well…I-I kind of fell down the stairs and hit my head on the floor," he lied.


Hermione gave him a thankful look as Mrs. Weasley pulled out her wand. "Okay," she said in a motherly voice. "This is only going to sting."


Harry nodded his head while Mrs. Weasley muttered an incantation and gave very complicated wand movements. At first he felt nothing. But after a few seconds, it started to sting.


"There. It should stop bleeding in a couple minutes," said Mrs. Weasley as she picked up a basket of clean clothes.


"Mrs. Weasley?" said Harry before she could leave the room. "How do you know healing spells? I thought only Healers could know those kind of spells."


"Well you can't be a mother with seven kids, and not know a single healing spell," she replied before leaving with a warm smile on her face.


"Let's go play a game of Gobstones," said Ron as he walked into the hallway followed by Hermione. Harry made his way to the door, but Ginny quickly blocked it.


"Actually," she said while looking at Ron and Hermione. "I need to have a word with Harry."


"Okay," replied Ron as he tried to walk back into the room, but Ginny blocked it.


"Alone," said Ginny as she slammed the door on her brother's face, and turned to look at Harry.


"You wanted to talk to me?" said Harry as he sat on the counter.


"Yes," replied Ginny as she pulled out a newspaper, and handed it to Harry . "Ron and Hermione haven't seen it yet."


Harry glanced down to see they same article he read yesterday. Harry looked up to see Ginny's white face. "What's wrong?" he asked softly.


"What do you mean what's wrong?" said Ginny as she ripped the paper away from him and pointed at the headline. "Azkaban is empty. The Dementors are gone. Death Eaters are attacking families, Harry."


Harry watched as Ginny slowly sank to her knees. "It's okay, Ginny," Harry said as he kneeled beside her.


"I-I-I'm scared, Harry," said Ginny as a tear escaped her eye. "What if my family is attacked, or what if you get attacked?"


"Listen, Ginny. I can't be too sure about myself. But I promise, that I will never let anything happen to you or your family."


"Thanks, Harry," said Ginny as she wiped the tear from her face.


"No problem. Now let's go find Ron and Hermione," replied Harry as he stood up and opened the door.


They both stepped out of the bathroom/laundry room with their clothes looking wrinkled from kneeling on the ground. They were busy straightening their clothes, when two people walked up the stairs and spotted them.


"Harry. . .Ginny," said Lupin as he looked at the open bathroom door, and then their wrinkled clothes.


"What?" asked Harry as he glanced at the open bathroom door. "We were just talking."


"In a bathroom?" said Tonks breathlessly.


Harry looked over at a red faced Ginny, as Lupin and Tonks stared at them with their mouths hanging open. "Come on, Ginny," said Harry with in an annoyed voice. They walked into Ron's room, where they found Hermione standing over Ron, who was currently on his knees gasping for breath.


"Do you have anything else you would like to say about S.P.E.W?" asked Hermione as Ron furiously shook his head. "Good."


"What happened?" asked Harry as he walked into the room followed by Ginny.


"She. . .elbowed me. . .in the. . .stomach," answered Ron slowly.


Harry and Ginny looked over at Hermione who was sitting on Ron's bed, with a smile on her face. "So," she said casually. "What were you guys doing?"


"Talking," replied Harry simply.


"About what," asked Hermione as she stood up from the bed.


"Stuff," answered Ginny softly.


"Stuff?" Hermione echoed. "What kind of stuff?"


"You know, just stuff," said Ginny as Hermione gave a wide grin.


Suddenly, several very loud pops echoed from somewhere in the house. Harry immediately pulled out his wand and grabbed Hermione, Ginny, and Ron. They quietly ducked behind Ron's bed with their wands held tightly in their hands.


"Harry," said Ginny in a whisper.


"Quiet," replied Harry as he looked at her worried face. He quickly stood up and glanced around the room to see if there was any sign of a Death Eater. "Get your wand ready."


"I left it in my room," said Ginny as Harry kneeled beside her again.


"Harry, do you think Death Eaters are in the house?" asked Hermione with a hint of fear in her voice.


"I don't know," he said while standing up and walking over to the door. "But I'm going to make sure it's safe--"


"We are coming with you," said Ron as he looked at Hermione and Ginny who nodded their heads in agreement.


"No," replied Harry flatly. "I'm going by myself."


Hermione looked at him as she felt her temper rise again. "You can't go by yourself!! We are coming with you--"


"I'm not going to lose anyone else I care about to Voldemort," said Harry softly.


"Harry," said Hermione slightly taken aback. "We need to help you. If Death Eaters are in the house, you might be out numbered."


"I'm not changing my mind," said Harry as walked across the room.


"You are going to get hurt," said Hermione as she ran in front of him and blocked the door.


"Move," said Harry calmly, but Hermione wouldn't budge. "I'm not going to get hurt. Ginny, I made a promise to you and I am not going to break it."


"We are coming with you," said Hermione again.


"You are not," said Harry. He could feel his anger rising. "I don't want any of you to get hurt. Don't you understand that?"


"I understand. But you need to understand that you could get, hurt" said Hermione as Ron and Ginny stood beside her. "We need to come with you-"


"I will make you a deal then," said Harry as he watched Hermione's face screw up in concentration.


"What kind of deal?" asked Ginny softly.


"If I don't come back in ten minutes, you guys can come and look for me."


"Fine," said Ron before Hermione or Ginny could say anything.


"Sorry, the deal is set," said Harry, as Hermione and Ginny looked at Ron while clenching their fists.


Harry quickly left the room, leaving an uncomfortable redhead, and two furious girls behind him.


***


Harry slowly made his way down the stairs with his wand held out in front of him as a loud crash echoed from the kitchen.


Harry quickly ran down the remaining steps quietly, and dove behind one of the dusty couches in the living room. He could hear voices in the kitchen whispering to one another. He slowly poked his head out from behind the couch, and looked around the room to make sure it was safe.


"Okay," he said to himself as he stood upright. "It's now or never."


Harry ran as quickly as he could across the living room and jumped into the kitchen while firing stunners in every direction. He heard the distinct sound of several bodies hitting the floor as he dove behind a nearby counter for cover. "Harry?" said a voice which came from across the room.


Harry slowly poked his head out from behind the counter to see Lupin, Dumbledore, Mr. Weasley and Mrs. Weasley standing there with their wands still pointed at him.


"W-what are you guys doing here?" asked Harry as he stood up with his wand still held tightly in his hand.


"I believe you will be leaving with Dumbledore. We are here to escort you," said Lupin as he walked over to the people Harry had Stunned. Harry looked down to see Tonks, Kingsley, Mad-Eye Moody and Fred and George unconscious on the floor.


"Ennervate!" said Mr. Weasley and Lupin as Mrs. Weasley and Dumbledore walked up to Harry.


Mrs. Weasley quickly gave him a bone crushing hug and asked, "Why were you attacking us, Harry?"


"I. . .umm. . .thought you were Death Eaters," replied Harry as he stared at his shoes.


Dumbledore let out a soft chuckle as three teenagers quickly entered the room with their wands held tightly in their hands. They quickly glanced around the room where they saw the unconscious bodies on the floor.


"That's what I'm talking about, Potter!!" yelled Moody's voice from across the room. "Constant vigilance!!"


Dumbledore gave another soft chuckle as Harry gave a nervous smile. "Are you ready to go, Harry?" asked Dumbledore as Ginny walked over to her mother.


"Yes, sir," replied Harry politely.


"Well, we must be off--"


"Wait!!" yelled Hermione as she and Ron quickly walked beside Harry.


"Miss Granger. How may I help you?" asked Dumbledore with a cheerfull smile.


"Can we go with Harry?" asked Ron quickly.


"I'm afraid not," replied Dumbledore softly. "The only one who would be able to go with Harry, is Miss Weasley."


Everyone's mouth fell open in shock. Dumbledore chuckled softly at the group of witches and wizards before him.


"Why is Ginny the only one who gets to go with him?" asked Ron as he eyed Dumbledore suspiciously.


"You and Miss Granger are prefects. You need to arrive by the Hogwart's Express so you can get your instructions from the Head Boy and Girl."


"Does that means Harry is going to Hogwarts?" asked Hermione.


"Yes, Miss Granger," replied Dumbledore turning to look at Mrs. Weasley and Ginny.


"Can I really go with Harry, Professor?" asked Ginny excitedly.


"Only if Molly will allow you," said Dumbledore with a slight smile.


"I'm tired of staying at Grimmauld Place, Mum. May I please go with Harry to Hogwarts?" asked Ginny.


"Albus, may I have a word with you in the living room?" asked Mrs. Weasley.


"Certainly," replied Dumbledore as he nodded his head. Dumbledore quickly followed her into the other room. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny sat quietly at the table while Tonks and Moody walked over to Harry.


“Harry, you were impressive," said Tonks as she ran a hand through her purple hair.


"You're damn right he was impressive!!" yelled Moody as he limped over to Harry and patted him roughly on the back. "I didn't even see that Stunner coming. "


"Yeah," said a voice from behind Tonks and Moody. "He hit all five of us with Stunners."


"I can't even believe that," said Tonks as Kingsley Shacklebolt stood next to her. "He Stunned two Aurors, one ex-Auror, and two jokers."


"It was just luck," said Harry while he blushed from being praised. "I was just firing the Stunners in every direction. I didn't even know where I was aiming."


"You still hit us, Potter," said Moody as everyone smiled at him.


"But," said Tonks as everyone turned to look at her. "Why were you attacking us?"


"Well," said Harry nervously. "I kind of thought you were Death Eaters."


"What gave you that idea?" asked Kingsley.


"You did Apparate into the house when you could have used the Floo Network," said Harry softly.


There was a moment of silence before Tonks spoke up. "Why didn't we use the Floo?"


"Dunno," growled Moody.


Several more minutes passed before Dumbledore and Mrs. Weasley walked back into the kitchen. "Miss Weasley," said Dumbledore calmly as he came to a stop in front of Ginny. "Molly has kindly granted you permission to stay at Hogwarts for the remainder of the summer to keep Harry company, but only under certain conditions. "


"Really?" asked Ginny excitedly as she ran over and hugged her mother.


Mrs. Weasley hugged Ginny tightly. "But, you must stay inside the castle at all times. And listen to all the teachers, including Professor Snape."


Ginny quickly ran up the stairs to pack her trunk. She had a face of disgust as the thought of listening to Snape entered her mind.


***


Harry and Dumbledore walked out of the kitchen. They noticed a redheaded witch sitting on her trunk while her mother stood beside her.


"Harry," said Mrs. Weasley as she gave him one of her famous hugs. "Please be careful. And watch after Ginny--"


"Mum, I am not a little girl anymore. I can take care of myself," said Ginny while her mother looked at her and Harry.


"And nothing inappropriate," she added.


"Mum!!" yelled Ginny, as her face turned red with embarrassment. Harry was blushing as well.



"Sorry dear," said Mrs. Weasley as she gave her only daughter a tight hug. "Study hard for your O.W.L.s."


"I will," replied Ginny as she stood in front of the fireplace with Dumbledore and Harry. She gave a wide smile to Harry.


Dumbledore handed both of them a piece of paper. They quickly read what was written and handed it back to him.


"You may go first, Harry," said Dumbledore as he lit the two pieces of paper on fire.


Harry quickly stepped into the fireplace while holding a hand full of Floo powder. He slowly lifted his hand and spoke, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Headmaster's office."


With a brilliant burst of emerald flames, he was gone.
________________________________________________________

A/N: Once again, thanks to everyone who read and reviewed my fic. I want to give the biggest thanks to Robin and CraftlySlytherin . Your the best!!!
Voices from the forest. by Potter123





Chapter5
Voices from the forest.



Harry fell out of the blazing emerald fire to land in Dumbledore's office. After brushing soot off his robes, he quietly walked around the cluttered office. The room was once again the way it always looked. Dumbledore's magical instruments had been fixed along with everything else Harry had damaged as a result of his anger. He felt guilty about the way he had destroyed his Headmaster's office. After all, Dumbledore was the very man that had spent his past years trying to protect him.


Harry stood still, looking around the Headmaster's office, when a red blur knocked him off his feet and onto the floor. "Sorry, Harry," said Ginny through all her giggling.


"It's okay," replied Harry, as Ginny quickly jumped off of him.


As they both stood up, Lupin, Tonks, Moody, and Dumbledore emerged from the fire. "Harry, will you and Miss Weasley please take a seat so we may get started?" asked Dumbledore tiredly.

Harry and Ginny obediently took a seat as Lupin, Tonks, and Moody sat beside them a moment later, and Dumbledore began to speak again.


"How was your stay at headquarters, Harry?" asked Dumbledore in a tired but calm voice.


Harry was about to answer his Headmaster, when a voice entered his head. "Has Voldemort been sending you more visions lately?"


"Yes," replied Harry after he realized the voice was Dumbledore's. He looked over at Ginny and Tonks. "I mean, it was fine."


"Good," said Dumbledore while massaging his forehead with his hand. "About Dumbledore's Army-"


"Dumbledore's Army?" echoed Harry.


"Yes. The defense club you started last year," replied Dumbledore while leaning back in his chair.


"What about it?" asked Harry as he glanced over at the three adults next to him.


"Do you want to start it up again?" asked Dumbledore simply.


Harry sat in silence for a minute. Ginny was watching him carefully as he answered. "With all do respect, sir, I think there are more important things that need my full attention," replied Harry politely. "However, I would like the club to be started back up."


A smile had formed on to Dumbledore's face as he listened to Harry. "I would assume you want, Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger to teach this club?"


"I would have it no other way," said Harry with a smile. "But can you tell them, sir? If I told them that I resigned, then they would probably bite my head off."


"I will certainly tell them," answered Dumbledore with a soft laugh. The laugh soon vanished, and was replaced with a serious look. "Now, I would like to know if you have told anyone about what we discussed at the end of last year?"


Harry avoided Lupin's, and Ginny's eyes, as they looked at him suspiciously. "No, sir," replied Harry softly. "Only you and I know."


"Good," said Dumbledore with a tired voice. "You see, Voldemort has had someone in the Order to spy for him. The spy has been reporting our information back to Voldemort."


"How do you know?" asked Ginny with a higher pitch to her voice than usual.


"Let us just say I have my ways of knowing things," replied Dumbledore with a slight smile, before turning to look at Harry. "I must warn you, Harry. If you do wish to divulge to anyone about what we talked about last year, than only tell the people you are sure you can trust. If you must know, everyone in this room is trustworthy."


"I understand," said Harry softly.


Dumbledore politely nodded his head before turning to the three adults. "Lupin, Nymphadora, and Alastor," he began. "You will be guarding the castle until the first of September. Lupin, you and Nymphadora will stay in Gryffindor Tower to make sure Harry and Miss Weasley are well kept throughout the remainder of the summer. Alastor, I want you to patrol the castle."


Moody and Tonks nodded their heads and stood up to leave. "Now Harry, I figured since you are here early, we could start tomorrow," said Dumbledore after Tonks and Moody left the room.


"Start what, sir?" asked Harry.


"Occlumency," said Dumbledore's voice in Harry's head.


"I think we should, sir," replied Harry as he thought about the conversation between himself and Voldemort, that had happened the day before.


Ginny looked back and forth between Harry and Dumbledore. She had so much things to tell Hermione. Voldemort having a spy in the Order, something Harry and Dumbledore talked about at the end of her fourth year, Harry having something more important to do then teach the D.A again, and now Harry and Dumbledore talking about starting something early.


Ginny was so distracted by her thoughts, that she didn't notice the door to Dumbledore's office open. "Mr. Potter," said a stern voice as someone walked into the room.


"Hello, Professor McGonagall," said Harry politely.


Ginny looked over to the right to see her Transfiguration teacher standing beside her. "Mr Potter," said McGonagall sitting in the seat beside Ginny. "Here are your O.W.L results. I think you have been wondering where they were."


"You had them this whole time?" asked Harry as he took the envelope from her with trembling hands.


"Well, I did say that I was going to help you achieve becoming an Auror, did I not?"


"Of course you did, Professor," he replied while placing the envelope in his pocket. "I just thought it would have arrived by owl."


"Do you know which classes you would like to continue?" asked Professor McGonagall after a minute of silence.


"I think so," he replied as she nodded her head at his answer.


"Good. I will be expecting you to hand in a paper which verifies the classes you wish to continue, so I may buy your books and supplies in Diagon Alley."


"Yes, Professor," he said politely.


"Miss Weasley, I have your list ready. I can get your's and Potter's supplies together. I will just need to get your parent's vault ke-"


"That will not be necessary, Professor," Harry interrupted her. "I have more than enough money in my vault for the both of us."


Before Ginny could protest, her Professor had spoken. "Very well, Potter," said McGonagall as she took the golden key from Harry's finger tips and quietly left the room.


Harry looked up to see that Dumbledore and Lupin were smiling. "You always amaze me, Harry," said Dumbledore as he stood from his chair. "You may go now. We will continue our talk tomorrow."


"Yes, sir," replied Harry, as he stood from his chair and walked down the spiral staircase with Ginny and Lupin following behind.



***




Later that afternoon, Harry was laying on his bed in the boy's dorm. Harry had been in there for three hours so far. The first thing he saw when he entered the dormitory was a big pile of books laying neatly on one of the beds, which happened to be his. He quickly walked over and sat on the bed beside the books. These books are three times bigger than Muggle dictionaries. Dobby really does out do himself sometimes, thought Harry, as he read the first page of a moldy covered book. He read down the list of complicated looking spells, and before long, he was reading it as if it were a comic book.


As Harry read the moldy covered book, occasionally glancing at his unopened O.W.L results, there was a knock at the door. Harry had only had time to hide the books under his pillow when the door opened, and Ginny walked in with a cheerful smile. "Harry, do you want to come with me?" she asked while glancing around the empty room.


Harry sat on the edge of his bed. "Where are you going?"


"Lupin and Tonks are going to walk down by the lake and they asked me to come. I don't want to be stuck with them by myself. Would you come and keep me company?"


Harry looked down at his pillow where the books lay hidden. I really should be preparing myself, thought Harry. He looked back at Ginny. What could it hurt. Besides, it's only for a little while.


"I could use some fresh air," said Harry. Ginny's smile widened.


"Thanks so much Harry. I'll go tell Lupin and Tonks you're coming," Ginny quickly skipped out of the room and down the stairs.


Harry walked over to his trunk that had been brought up when he arrived, and pulled out a warm jacket. He slipped his wand into the pocket, and walked quickly down the stairs where he met up with Lupin, Tonks, and Ginny.


"Ready, Harry?" asked Lupin.


"I think so," he replied while checking if he had forgotten something.



***




"What's your favorite subject?" Harry asked Ginny as they walked. The sky above them had become a kaleidoscope of oranges, yellows, and reds as the sun began to set.


"Defense Against the Dark Arts," she replied while looking over her shoulder at Lupin and Tonks, who where walking a fair distance behind, and talking softly. "My turn," said Ginny as she and Harry walked side by side along the lake. The setting sun cast their reflections on the sparkling water, as the breeze sent little ripples across it’s surface. "What's your favorite color?"


"Red," he answered, noticing that the last rays of sunlight on Ginny’s hair made it look like tendrils of fire. "What's yours?"


"Green," she replied. Her cheeks reddened slightly, and Harry couldn’t tell whether or it was from the wind or embarrassment. "Why is your favorite color red?"


"Gryffindor of course," said Harry with a soft laugh. "Why is your favorite color green?"


They walked in silence for a few seconds before she answered. "I can't tell you," she said as they neared Hagrid's hut.


"What?" Harry shook his head disbelievingly. "I told you why I like red."


"I know, " said Ginny giggling. "But mine is more embarrassing."


A hint of a smile formed on Harry's lips. "Traitor."


"How am I a traitor?" Ginny giggled harder.


"You like green, and green is Slytherin's color," said Harry.


Ginny pushed Harry softly. "I don't like green because it’s Slytherin’s color. I like it because it's the color of something I love to look at the most."


"Traitor!" yelled Harry. He accidentally bumped Ginny into the lake, sending her into the lake with a tremendous splash.


"You're mine now, Potter!" yelled Ginny as she came up dripping out of the water. Her long, flame-colored hair now lay plastered to her face. She wrung her hair out the best she could and took off after Harry, who was running in the direction of Hagrid's pumpkin patch.

Harry jumped over several enormous, orange pumpkins, while Ginny ran around the edges of the pumpkin patch, cutting off Harry’s escape. They chased each other back and forth, while Hagrid, Lupin, and Tonks watched from the window of Hagrid's hut. "Those two remind me so much of James and Lily," said Lupin with a sad, nostalgic smile.


"Got James and Lily's looks too," Hagrid laughed as he wiped away a tear.


"As much as James tried to get away, Lily always managed to corner him somewhere," Lupin said, letting out a soft chuckle at the memory.



***




"Okay, okay you got me," panted Harry as Ginny walked closer to him. She had finally managed to corner him in the middle of three of Hagrids huge pumpkins. "I give up."


"If you think I’m just going to let you get away with calling me traitor and pushing me into the lake, you got another thing coming, Potter," said Ginny playfully. She too was breathing heavy.


Harry let out a laugh, and soon fell on the ground rolling with laughter. "So you think it's funny, do you?" asked Ginny as she closed in on him.


Harry heard a sound which came from somewhere past the pumpkin patch. He immediately stopped laughing and looked over to his right. What was that noise, he thought. He looked down into the Forbidden forest.


"Stop acting, Harry," laughed Ginny. "I'm not letting you get away with what you did to me."


Harry, however had his wand out. He had heard the sound again. It sounds like talking, he thought to himself. Death Eaters can't be in the Forbidden forest, can they?


"Stop acting, Harry," said Ginny. This time it sounded as though she was pleading with him out of fear. Harry quickly grabbed Ginny's arm and pulled her behind one of Hagrid's massive pumpkins. He looked into the window of Hagrid's hut, to see Hagrid, Lupin, and Tonks sitting at the table talking, with their backs to them.


Harry looked down at Ginny. "I heard voices in the forest," Ginny wordlessly pulled out her wand. "Ginny, stay here while I go look ahea-"


"No," she whispered, cutting him off. "I'm coming with you."


"Please, Ginny, just give me five minutes," Ginny stubbornly shook her head. "I guess you leave me no choice. I guess I'll have to Stun you-"


"Try," she said challenging. "The most time I'll give you is two minutes."


"Four," he bargained.


"No."


"Three."


"No."


"Two minutes and thirty seconds."


"Two minutes," said Ginny while peaking over the pumpkin.


"Fine," said Harry in a defeated voice as he turned around and tried to leave, but Ginny grabbed him by the arm and turned him around. "What?"


Ginny wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, and rested her chin on his chest. "Please be careful, Harry."


It felt as though surges of lightning were lighting was passing through his entire body, as Ginny hugged him tightly. "I-I will," he stuttered, still shocked at the effect that her touch had on him.


She quickly released him and hid behind the pumpkin again. Harry slowly walked into the Forbidden Forest, abandoning the thought of the embrace he and Ginny had just shared, as he got closer to the voices. He stepped into a small clearing, where he heard the voices, to find no one there. Something's not right, he thought. Where did the voice's come from?


"Human!" growled a voice behind him. "What business do you have in my forest?"


Harry slowly turned around to see the black-haired centaur he recognized as Bane, along with about fifty other centaurs, who had their bows and arrows pointed directly at him. "I asked you a question, human!" yelled Bane as he lifted one of his big arms to strike the human in front of him.


"Enough!" yelled another voice, causing Bane to stop immediately. "Step aside, Bane."


As Bane moved aside, a chestnut colored centaur emerged from the sea of bows and arrows. Magorian looked at Harry for a few seconds, before Bane spoke up. "Magorian, he refuses to answer the question I have asked him, therefore he must pay the consequence."


"So, you dare come into my forest after what you caused last year? Tell me human, what is your purpose of coming into my for-"


"Let me go!" screamed a voice that was all too familiar to Harry.


"Magorian," said a red-haired centaur. "I found this one too."


"Bring her to me Ronan," replied Magorian.


Ronan dropped a furious looking Ginny on to the ground in front of Magorian. "I demand you let me and Harry go at once," she said furiously.


"Hold your tongue, girl!" growled Bane.


"I don't have to hold my tongue if I don't want to," spat Ginny.

There was a moment of silence in which the centaurs looked down at Ginny, while gripping there bows tightly. "We've been reading the stars for many months," said Magorian getting everyone's attention. "The final battle will come sooner than expected."


"T-the final b-battle," said Harry slowly.


"That's right, you pathetic human, but the outcome of the battle is clouded to us," yelled Bane with a roar of laughter.


Harry looked around to see several centaurs start laughing. "I am not afraid!" he yelled back.


"You're not afraid!" yelled Bane. He quickly shot an arrow toward Harry. The arrow sped through the air toward the unflinching Harry, narrowly missed his head. Harry could feel the arrow’s fletching brush against his ear as it sped past.


"I am not afraid," he repeated.



"There may still be hope for our world," said Magorian with slightest hint of a smile. "Centaurs, let's go."


Harry quickly walked over to Ginny and helped her up, leaving his hand on her arm longer than was necessary. "Are you okay?" he asked as she brushed the dirt off of her clothes.


Ginny smiled. "I think so-"


"This will teach you to hold your tongue, girl!" yelled Bane, as he charged at Ginny as fast as he could.


"Ginny, watch out!" yelled Harry. He instinctively pushed her out of the way and got trampled by the rough centaur.


Ginny watched in horror, as Harry's body lay still on the ground, and Bane galloped out of sight. "Harry!" shrieked Ginny as she feel to her knees beside him. "Please don't be dead." She quickly rolled him over to find him laughing, while tears dropped down his cheeks. "Are you okay?" she asked.


"I think so," he laughed. Ginny quickly punched him in the arm. To his surprise, it actually hurt. "What was that for?"


"You almost gave me a heart attack."


"Sorry," he muttered while still laughing. "Come on, let's get back to Hagrid's."



***




Harry and Ginny emerged from the forest. "Look," said Harry pointing into Hagrid's window. "Lupin and Tonks are still there."


They started walking toward the cabin, when a voice called out behind them. "Human, I would like a word with you."


"Wait here," said Harry, as he walked toward the chestnut colored centaur.


"Human, I sense a lot of power from you," said Magorian while looking up into the stars. "You are the one who can bring our world to peace."


"I don't have that much power," said Harry. Magorian shook his head.


"It's a power that must be unlocked; a power that must be earned. The other centaurs and I will help you develop this power."


"What?" Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I thought centaurs didn't pick sides."


"We have no choice. It is either good or bad. There's nothing in between," said Magorain, as he slowly walked back into the forest. "You will meet us in the clearing every three days starting three days from now. You will present yourself around this time. If you refuse, let me just make it clear that you would not want me as an enemy."


"I understand."


"Good. Till then, human." In one gracefully move, Magorian was back in the forest and out of sight.


Harry slowly walked back over to Ginny, who was sitting patiently on one of the enormous pumpkins. "What did the horse want?" she giggled.


"Can't tell you," said Harry with a slight smile.


"Please," asked Ginny sweetly as she batted her eyelashes.


"Nope," said Harry playfully, as he turned his head away from her.


"Please," pleaded Ginny quietly.


Should I tell her? thought Harry as he turned to look at her again. Her eyes were pleading him to tell her. If I told her, then I would have to explain the prophecy to her too.


"Gin," said Harry in a more serious tone of voice. "I cannot tell you. But I promise when I'm ready, you'll be the first person I tell."


"Promise?" she asked hopefully.


"I promise," he replied.


"Thanks, Harry," said Ginny as she hugged him tightly.


Hagrid's cabin door slowly opened, and Lupin and Tonks walked out. "It's getting late," said Lupin while looking at the now blackening sky. "We should get back to the castle."


Harry and Ginny silently followed the two adults along the still and quiet lake. "Traitor," Harry whispered into Ginny's ear.


A small smile appeared on her face. "And why am I a traitor?" she asked sweetly.


"You sabotaged the Quidditch team last year. That's why Slytherin beat us," laughed Harry.


"Oh really," said Ginny through her giggles. "That's why I won the cup for Gryffindor?"


"Good point," replied Harry as Ginny giggled again.


They silently walked along the lake toward the castle. A cold breeze passed over them causing the still damp Ginny to shiver. "Here, Gin," said Harry, quickly slipping off his jacket, and covering her gently.


"Thanks, Harry," she whispered while holding tightly onto the jacket, inhaling Harry’s scent on it.



***




Harry sat quietly on his bed reading the same moldy covered book he was reading earlier. Ginny sat down in the common room listening to Tonks read a Muggle book that she had brought to share with her and Hermione. Tonks was reading the fairy tale while Ginny tried to picture it in her head. Lupin however had his eyes closed while Ginny asked several questions about Cinderella.

I forgot to thank Dobby for getting me these books, thought Harry. He quickly marked his page and set his book on his nightstand. "Dobby," he called into the empty room. There was a loud crack, and the house-elf appeared in front of Harry.


" Sir is needing Dobby?" asked the house-elf, while picking up the knitted hat that fell off his head.


"Yes," replied Harry while examining the other books. "I wanted to thank you for getting me these books."


"Anything for the great Harry Potter," said Dobby politely.


"Dobby, I was also wondering if you could do me another favor?" asked Harry politely. "I wanted to ask you this at Grimmauld Place, but I couldn't, so I’m asking you here. Dobby, I need you to teach me how to Apparate."


"Dobby would be honored to teach the great Harry Potter, to Apparate."


"You will?" A grin spread across Harry's face. "When?"


"Dobby will teach, sir, whenever he is wanting," replied the small elf.


Harry and Dobby sat in silence, before Harry's smile slowly disappeared. "Is something wrong, sir? Is, sir, not wanting Dobby's teaching anymore?" Dobby gave a loud gulp.


"No Dobby, it's nothing like that," said Harry. Dobby sighed in relief. "But where are you going to teach me? I can't learn how to Apparate at Hogwarts, because of the wards protecting the castle"


"Not to worry, sir. Dobby does it all the time. Dobby will be honored to teach, sir, how to Apparate. He just has to tell Dobby when he wants to learn."


"Can we start tomorrow?"


"Dobby will go in search of a place to teach." In a second, Dobby was gone.


We've been reading the stars for many months, a voice came into his head. He quietly walked over to the window and looked into inky black sky which was dotted with many twinkling stars. The final battle will come sooner than expected

"I'm not afraid," he whispered. "I will win."



***




He was walking through a thick fog, while the air around felt cold and suffocating. He could hear laughter, and above that, he could hear screaming. He ran to the source of the screaming to find a women shaking violently, a high-pitched cry tearing out of her throat. A hooded figure with red eyes, stood above her with his wand held tightly in his hand.


"Harry," he said with his usual hissing voice. "How good of you to join us."


The women laying on the cold floor shaking violently, let out a piercing scream, as Voldemort cast the Cruciatus curse on her once more. "Harry, I want to offer you the position to be my apprentice. Together, you and I could rule the world-"


"I'll never join you!" yelled Harry.


Voldemort laughed coldly. "There are things that Dumbledore can't teach you. I can teach you everything."


"I will never join you!" Harry repeated. "I would rather learn from Dumbledore, than you."


"You cannot win this war, Harry, " Voldemort hissed.


"And why can't I?" asked Harry. Voldemort laughed coldly before snapping his fingers. "N-no!"


"You can't win. Join me and you can become immortal, just as I am." "


""Never!" yelled Harry, still shocked at what stood in front of him. "I will NEVER be like you!"


Voldemort's face was one of pure evil. "I gave you a chance, Potter. Now you will beg for your death." Voldemort quickly broke into his mind and Harry couldn't stop him. He was going for the prophecy.

"I will never let you know what it says!" But within seconds, Voldemort had found it. He had won.


"You have made your choice, Potter. Just tell Dumbledore an old friend has returned to see him!"



***




"Ginny, can you go tell Harry to come down. It's almost time for dinner," said Tonks as she stood from the couch and straightened her clothes.


"Okay," replied Ginny, as she skipped up the stairs to the boys' dorm.


"Have you seen Alastor around?" asked Lupin. He too stood from the couch.


"He's in the-"


"HARRY!"


Lupin and Tonks, quickly ran up the stairs, wands held tightly in their hands. "What's wrong?" asked Lupin. He looked at Harry's bed to find it empty. Instead, he spotted him shaking violently on the floor next to the window overlooking the Hagrid's hut.


"What's wrong with him?" asked Ginny, as a tear slid down her cheek.


"I don't know," said Lupin. He quickly picked Harry up and swung him over his shoulder. "Tonks, go get Dumbledore. Ginny come with me."



***




Lupin softly laid Harry down on the couch in the common room when the door opened and four people walked in. "What happened to him?" asked Dumbledore. The fear was evident in his voice.


Nobody answered.


"I'll never join you!" moaned Harry. His eyes still closed.


Dumbledore's face paled at his words.



"I will never join you!" Harry moaned as he started shaking again. "I would rather learn from Dumbledore, than you."


Although Dumbledore's face was turning more pale, he couldn't help but be proud of Harry. Everyone in the room watched as Dumbledore quickly sank to his knee beside Harry and whispered into his ear.


"And why can't I?" Harry's forehead began to sweat. "N-no!"


"You can overcome him, Harry. Don't give in. You are safe, he cannot harm you here," Dumbledore whispered.


"No!" yelled Harry causing everybody but Dumbledore to jump back.


Dumbledore continued to whisper into his ear.


"Never!" yelled Harry. "I will never be like you!"


"That is right, Harry, fight him. Do not let him over come you," said Dumbledore out loud.


"I will never let you know what it says!" yelled Harry shaking worse than ever.


"Fight him, Harry! Do not let him break into your mind! Push him out!" Dumbledore was now yelling, but it was too late. Harry had already began speaking the contents of the prophecy.


"THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES. . . . BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICE DEFIED HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES. . . AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM AS HIS EQUAL, BUT HE WILL HAVE A POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT. . . AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES. . . . THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES . . ."


Everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore and then Harry. Dumbledore had sat down in the chair beside Harry with his head in hands. Harry's eyes flickered open a moment later. It was different then what Ginny saw a couple hours ago. When he stood up to the centaurs, he wasn't afraid. Now he looked as afraid as she had ever seen him. "I n-n-need R-Ron a-and H-Hermione," he said weakly.


"Minerva, please contact Molly and have them brought over. Please explain to her what has happened," said Dumbledore, his head still in his hands.


McGonagall quickly left the room, leaving Lupin, Ginny, Tonks, and Moody behind to decipher the contents of the prophecy themselves. Harry was visibly shaking. "I-I'm s-sorry P-Professor, I f-failed you," he said slowly. "I-I tried to hold him off-"


"And I am very proud of you," said Dumbledore lifting his head to look at Harry. Harry however looked broken. "And I am the one who should be sorry. I failed you."


"W-we cannot win against him," Harry said weakly.


Before Dumbledore could answer, the door opened again, and Ron and Hermione ran inside followed by Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie.


"Oh, Harry," said Mrs. Weasley quickly rushing forward and giving him a tight hug.


"W-where are Ron a-and H-Hermione?" he hadn't seen them enter.


"We're right here," said Hermione as she held his hand tightly. She and Ron stood beside the couch.


"Why don't we give them some time alone," said Mrs Weasley as tears rolled down her cheeks. She quickly pushed everybody out the portrait hole so Harry could talk to Ron and Hermione without being disturbed.


While everyone waited outside, Harry told Ron and Hermione about everything that had happened while he was unconscious. But he didn't tell them about the prophecy. "I-I'm scared," said Harry. Ron and Hermione had never seen Harry this scared before. "Voldemort won. He's going to kill me-"


"Don't say that," said Hermione. She sat on the couch and pulled him into a tight hug.


"Yeah, mate. You-Know-Who can't kill you as long as Dumbledore's around," Ron patted him softly on the back.


"D-Dumbledore. I need to speak with Dumbledore," he said urgently. Hermione quickly exited the room, and came back a moment later with Dumbledore. "Could I have a minute alone with Dumbledore?"
Hermione and Ron quickly nodded their heads and walked out the portrait hole. Before the old man had a chance to say anything, Harry spoke. "I can't win this war."


"I have faith that you will defeat Voldemort, Harry," said Dumbledore calmly.


"No, sir, I can't. Even if I had a chance before, I have none now."


"What do you mean you have none now, Harry?" asked Dumbledore.


"H-he's back."


"Who's back, Harry?" asked Dumbledore with a slight hint of fear rising in his voice again.
________________________________________________________
A/N: Just to let everyone know, the plot (i hope) is original. Now, Has anyone figured out why Ginny's favorite color is green or who is back yet?
Centaur Training by Potter123
Chapter 6

Centaur Training




Harry slept quietly in his bed as Lupin, Tonks, Hermione, and Ginny watched him closely. Lupin and Tonks sat on the edge of Harry's bed, while Ginny and Hermione sat on Ron's bed with their legs crossed.

Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie had brought Ron back to Headquarters. Dumbledore had gone to the Ministry, while Moody, Snape, and McGonagall stayed to patrol the castle. Harry had blacked out in the middle of his and Dumbledore's conversation, and was then carried up to his bed.


"Tonks," said Lupin softly. He was sill looking at the pale, unconscious boy in front of him. "Can I have a word with you in the common room?"


"Yeah," replied Tonks with a distracted voice. "Sure."


Tonks and Lupin quietly left the Boy's Dorm, leaving Hermione, Ginny, and Harry alone. Hermione and Ginny sat in silence, neither of them took their eyes off Harry.

After a few minutes in silence, Hermione looked up. "Ginny," she said quietly. "Can you tell me exactly what happened to Harry?"


Ginny hesitantly took her eyes off Harry, and took a deep breath. "I don't know what happened to him," said Ginny softly. "Tonks wanted me to get him because dinner was about start. When I walked in here, Harry fell to the floor and started shaking."


"Did he happen to say anything?" asked Hermione with a sad face.


"He said lots of stuff," replied Ginny. She thought back to what Harry had said while Voldemort was attacking Harry's mind.


"Oh," said Hermione in a bare whisper.


"Hermione do you think Harry's going to be okay?" asked Ginny softly.


"I'm sure he'll be fine," replied Hermione with a forced smile.



***




Why do I feel so weak? thought Harry as he rubbed his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes to find Hermione sitting on the edge of his bed.


"Good morning," said Hermione cheerfully, although she looked really sad. "How do you feel?"


"I feel like I fell from my broomstick," he mumbled back. He slowly looked around the room for a minute before resting his eyes on Hermione again. "Where's Ron and Ginny?"


"Well," started Hermione, "Ron's back at Headquarters, and Ginny's in the shower."


"In the s-shower?" stuttered Harry.


"Yeah," said Hermione with a wide smile, as she look down at Harry. "Is there a problem with that?"


"No," replied Harry quickly, while looking down at his lap. He and Hermione sat in silence as he avoided looking at her. "What time is it?"


"Just a bit past nine," she replied.


Harry slowly slid off the bed, and unsteadily made his way to his trunk. He pulled out a pair of clean clothes, and walked toward the boy's bathroom. He came back out a few minutes later to find an empty room. I wonder where Hermione went? thought Harry as he slowly walked out the door and down the staircase.

As he walked into the common room, he found that it too was empty. Hermione probably just went to go get breakfast suggested Harry.


Harry slowly took a seat on the large armchair, and gazed into the now extinguished fire. He could remember seeing Sirius' face in the fire during the Triwizard Tournament. He felt tears forming in his eyes as he continued to think about all the help Sirius had given him.

It was all forgotten as soon as a loud crash echoed from a nearby window. Harry quickly jumped out of the armchair, and turned around to see what had caused the noise. He immediately froze at the sight of what had made the noise. He couldn't believe what he was looking at.

The front body of an eagle and hindquarters of a lion. It was a very large griffin.


Harry took a closer look at the griffin and noticed it was carrying a letter. Harry cautiously opened the window for the griffin to enter the common room. The griffin quickly flew in through the window, and dropped the letter in Harry's hands. Harry quickly opened the letter, and read the parchment inside.


Human I wish to speak to you immediately!! Meet in the same clearing, and bring no one. You may ride on the Griffin's back.


Harry re-read the note three more times, before looking up at the griffin. This must be very important, he thought. Harry quickly remembered what Magorian told him. If you refuse, let me just make it clear that you would not want me as an enemy.


Deciding to meet the centaur, Harry slowly stepped forward and laid a hand on the griffin's back. When it didn't make any sudden movements, he swung his leg over and held on tightly. The griffin flew back out the window, and into the fresh morning air. Harry held tightly onto the griffin as it sped through the air doing plenty of spins. In a matter of seconds the griffin was already diving into the sea of green trees that covered the forest.


"I see you've got the letter," said a chestnut colored centaur as Harry and the griffin came into the clearing. "I need to have a word with you human."


Magorian slowly walked along a nearby path, as Harry followed closely behind. As they walked through the dark forest, the Griffin flew up ahead and out of sight. What does he need to talk to me about? wondered Harry as they walked deeper into the forest.

"Are you ok, human?" asked Magorian without looking at Harry.


"Pardon?" replied Harry in a confused voice.


"I know of the attack on your mind last night," said the centaur. "That's why I have asked you to come here today."


"How'd you know that my mind was attacked last night?" said Harry as he walked faster to see the centaurs face.

"In time you will know," said Magorian as he came to a stop.



***




"Ginny?" called Hermione as she knocked on the Girl's bathroom door.


"Yes Hermione?" answered Ginny.


"Harry is awake. I just thought you would like to know."


Within in seconds the door burst open, and Ginny came running out in a towel. "Is he okay?" asked Ginny as she ran toward the door. However, Hermione grabbed her by he arm and swung her around. "Hermione what are you doing!!"


"Ginny," said Hermione with a wide grin. "Wouldn't it be appropriate to be fully dressed first?"

Ginny looked down to realize she was in a towel. Her face immediately turned a bright shade of red.

"You wouldn't want to make Harry faint," teased Hermione.


"I wish," said Ginny under her breath.



***




A few minutes later, Ginny and Hermione walked up the staircase to the boy's Dorm. "Where's Harry?" asked Ginny as she looked around the empty room.

"He's changing his clothes," replied Hermione as she walked over to the boy's bathroom and knocked on the door. "Harry?"


There was no answer.


"Harry, Ginny's here to see you," said Hermione as she knocked on the door again.


Again there was no answer.


"HARRY JAMES POTTER!!" yelled Ginny as she kicked the door. “You’d better answer me or I’ll Bat-bogey Hex you!!"

Hermione pushed open the bathroom door, to reveal an empty room. “I thought you said he was changing his clothes Hermione," said Ginny as she closed the bathroom door.


"He was," replied Hermione as she walked back down the staircase with Ginny. "Maybe he went down to breakfast with Lupin and Tonks."



***




Harry and Magorian walked into a small clearing. The Griffin was sitting to one side of the clearing, and hundreds of centaurs sat at the other. "Magorian," said a dark colored centaur. "Is the human ready?"


"Ready?" interrupted Harry. "Ready for what?"


"Ready to begin your training," answered Magorian as he stared unblinkingly into Harry's eyes.


"I'm ready," said Harry as he thought about the contents of the prophecy.


"Good," said Bane. "Now start running."



***




"HERMIONE!!" yelled Ginny. "WHERE IS HARRY?"


"I don't know," replied Hermione with a worried voice. "But I would appreciate it if you didn't yell at me."


"Sorry, Hermione," apologized Ginny softly. "I'm just really worried about Harry."


"I know, Ginny. So am I."


"We've checked the whole castle and it's past lunch already," said Ginny as she and Hermione walked down a staircase.


"Maybe he's out by the lake," suggested Hermione.


"But Hermione, he knows we're not supposed to leave the castle without Lupin or Tonks."


"We should at least go and look by the lake," said Hermione as she grabbed Ginny's arm and pulled her in the direction of the Entrance Hall.




***





Where are they? Harry thought as hid behind a giant boulder. They haven't attacked in ten minutes.

Harry quickly ran to a tree with his wand held tightly in his hand. He looked around to see if anything had seen him. As he looked around, he felt something shoot against his cheek.

He instinctively waved his wand and yelled, “STUPEFY!!” Harry got shot multiple times, before he slowly sank to the ground covered in blood. He managed to roll himself down a small hill before his attackers could get to him.

He tried as hard as he could to crawl behind a rock, but something shot against his head, knocking him unconscious.




***





"Hermione I’m getting worried," said Ginny as her and Hermione ran into the Gryffindor common room. "He's not in the castle or on the grounds. Do you think something happened to him?"


"I really don't know Ginny," replied Hermione in a worried voice. "I'm going to go tell Lupin and Tonks that Harry is-"


"That Mr. Potter is what, Miss Granger?" interrupted Snape who had just came out of a classroom.


"Is....is..."stuttered Hermione.


"Yes, Granger," said Snape in his usual cold voice.




***





Harry's eyes shot open, and the first thing he saw was the wise centaur known as Magorian. "Are you ok human?" asked Magorian.



Harry slowly sat up while rubbing his head. He didn't respond, as he was too busy feeling the lump on his head. He guessed that one of the centaurs had thrown a rock at him.


"Human," continued Magorian. "You have done exceptionally well."


Harry nodded his head slightly, and stood from the muddy ground. "Is this how you are going to train me?" he asked with a shaky voice.


"Yes," answered Magorian. "And we will be teaching you other things as well. But your next lesson will be very important, so you need to be all rested up."





***





"Hermione," said Ginny, as they walked quickly up a staircase. Ginny was starting to get really scared because they had not found Harry yet. "Where are we going?"


"Gryffindor Tower," replied Hermione.


"And why-"


"Hopefully Harry is in there."




***




When Hermione and Ginny entered the Common Room, they were relieved to find Harry resting on the couch.

A smile formed on Ginny's face, as she slowly walked over to Harry, and kneeled beside him. She ran her hand through his messy black hair, and was surprised to feel a lump on his head.

I wonder how Harry got this lump, thought Ginny as she continued to run her hand through his hair.

Hermione smiled, as Ginny continued to run her hand through Harry's hair. I wonder if Ginny likes Harry again, thought Hermione with a wider smile.


Harry's eyes flickered open a minute later, and he smiled as he saw Ginny. "Hey Gin," he said in a tired, but cheerful voice. "What are you doing?"


"Just watching you," replied Ginny, as she blushed slightly.


"Umm.... Why are you watching me?" asked Harry. He felt his cheeks burn as Ginny slowly sat next to him.


"Because," said Ginny in a flirty voice that made Hermione's grin wider. Their faces only inches apart.


"Because what-"


"Harry?" interrupted Hermione. "Where were you today? We looked everywhere for you."


"I was.... around," replied Harry while avoiding eye contact from both Hermione and Ginny.


Hermione was cut off from saying anything else, because Lupin and Tonks came rushing into the room looking very nervous. "Where's Harry?" they both asked before seeing him laying on the couch, and Ginny sitting down next to him.


"Professor Snape said that no one could find you," said Tonks in a now relaxed voice.


"I was here the whole time," said Harry.


After a minute of silence, Lupin walked back toward the Portrait Hole. "Well Harry, we can see that you are quite comfortable, so we'll just be in the Great Hall if you need us," Lupin grinned and looked over at Tonks, who was also grinning.


Just as Lupin and Tonks were about to leave, McGonagall came sweeping into the Common Room. "Potter," she said in her usual stern voice. "Professor Dumbledore would like you to come to his office."


Harry slowly stood up from the couch he was laying on, and unsteadily walked over to Professor McGonagall who was looking more tired than Harry had ever seen her. He walked out the Portrait Hole with out a backwards glance at Hermione or Ginny. As he and McGonagall walked down a corridor, he wondered why Professor Dumbledore had wanted to see him. Was it because of the war? Had someone been attacked?


Professor McGonagall glanced down at Harry, and noticed the look on his face. "Nothing has happened Potter," said McGonagall in a softer voice.


"Then why does-"


But Harry was cut off when Professor McGonagall said, "Pumpkin pops." The gargoyle that guarded Dumbledore's office moved to reveal a hidden staircase.


Harry slowly made his way up the staircase. He finally came upon the door to Dumbledore's office, and knocked softly on it.


"Come in Harry," said a calm voice.


Harry quietly opened the door and walked into the circular office. It was a bit more cluttered then when Harry had left only a few short days ago. There was papers all over the place, along with some odd looking boxes along the side of the wall. Behind the cluttered desk was Dumbledore looking very old, and as tired as Harry had ever seen him. "How are you Harry?” asked Dumbledore casually, as Harry took a seat opposite his.


"Fine, sir," replied Harry in what he hoped was a calm voice.


"Good," muttered Dumbledore as he searched his desk for something. "How are Miss Weasley and Miss Granger?"



"They're ok," said Harry. He watched Dumbledore curiously.


Dumbledore finally found a stack of papers on his desk and looked at Harry once again. "Harry," started Dumbledore. "Do you know why I have asked you to come here?"


Harry was a bit confused about Dumbledore's question. He remained silent for a minute or two. "Because of the war?" said Harry with a puzzled face.


Dumbledore chuckled softly. "No Harry, everything is peaceful at the present moment, although there is said to be Death Eater sightings every now and then."


Harry gave a sigh of relief, and the asked, "But, sir, why did you call me here then?"


"Well Harry, it has come to my attention that Sirius had a Will. It clearly states that you inherit everything he owns."


Harry sat in silence for what seemed like forever. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. "I don't want it," said Harry in barely a whisper.


"I see," replied Dumbledore calmly. "But Harry, if you do not except this, it will be given to the Malfoy family."


Harry sat in silence again. He looked down at his shoes, while thinking very hard. I don't want all Sirius' stuff thought Harry, But I don't want Malfoy to have it either.


"And it clearly states, Harry, that the property of number Twelve Grimmauld Place is yours if you accept," the Headmaster interrupted his thoughts. "But if you deny, the Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix has to be relocated."


I can't do that to the Order thought Harry, before lifting his head up to look at Dumbledore. "I-I accept," he said in a bare whisper.


A smile appeared on Dumbledore's face and he quickly pulled out another paper and handed it to Harry. "Sign there, Harry." Harry took the expensive looking quill Dumbledore had offered him, and on the bottom left of the page, he signed his name. He handed the paper back to Dumbledore, who was smiling slightly, and then sat quietly down again. Dumbledore pulled out a few more papers before he began spoke again. "Now that we have finished with Sirius' Will, Harry, it is time to move on to the Potter's Will."


"The Potter's Will?" Harry said hoarsely.


"Yes, Harry," said Dumbledore while handing a paper to him. "Your Mother and Father's Will."


Harry took the paper from Dumbledore with shaky hands. He read it for minutes before looking at Dumbledore again. "Professor?" asked Harry softly.


"Yes, Harry?"


"Wasn't my parents house destroyed by Voldemort?" asked Harry looking back down at the paper.


"The house Voldemort had destroyed, Harry, was not your parent's house. it was just a safe house."


"So my parents house is still around then?" asked Harry. Dumbledore gave a slight nod before Harry continued. "And I inherit it?"


"Not only that, Harry," said Dumbledore with a chuckle. "You also inherit your Grandparents properties. They owned two, I believe."


"But sir, I can't possibly accept this," said Harry looking a bit shocked. "It's too much."


"You are the last remaining Potter. These things you inherit are your family's memories. It's all of there possessions," said Dumbledore, as he started clearing his desk.


"Where are my Grandparent's properties?" asked Harry after a minute of silence.



"If I’m not mistaken, they have a house near Ottery St. Catchpole, and a another house near your mother and father's house."

Harry, a bit shocked at everything he had heard, gulped loudly and said, "I accept, sir."
Close Encounters by Potter123
Chapter 7

Close Encounters







Harry lay on his bed in Gryffindor Tower. The meeting between himself and Dumbledore ran through his mind.

I own everything that belonged to Sirius, he thought sadly as he looked up and the ceiling. There was a knock at the door, and Hermione and Ginny walked in followed by Ron, who had just got there.

"Harry," said Hermione, as she walked over and sat on the edge of his bed. "You've missed dinner."

"So we brought you some back," said Ginny with a smile.

Harry tried to smile back, but he just couldn't do it. "Thanks," he muttered, as he took the tray of food from Ginny.

"You look a bit pale," said Ron, as he jumped into his bed.

"Harry, are you ok?" asked Ginny, as she sat next to Hermione.

"I'm fine," replied Harry. He looked down at his food to avoid eye contact from Ginny.

"Harry," said Ginny, as she slid next to him. "You can tell me what's wrong."

"Why does everyone think they can help me?" yelled Harry, although he didn't mean to.

Ron and Hermione looked a bit nervous, but Ginny remained calm. "Hermione, Can you and Ron please leave the room for a minute?" asked Ginny after a moment of silence. She never took her eyes off Harry.

"Sure," replied Hermione. She quickly stood up and walked across the room.

"I'm not going anywhere," said Ron defiantly. "Harry's my best friend and what ever you wanna say to him you can say it in front of me. Right, Harry?"

Harry quickly nodded his head. He didn't really want Ron and Hermione to leave.

"Well I don't really care what Harry thinks," said Ginny, as she slid off the bed and pulled out her wand. "Now get out before I Bat Boogey Hex you."

"You can't Hex me for being in the Boy's Dorm," Ron shot back, his ears turning the traditional Weasley red.

"Try me," replied Ginny in a dangerously low voice. She pointed her wand directly at Ron's nose.

"Ron, let's just go," said Hermione, as she pulled him towards the door. Halfway across the room, Ron tripped causing Hermione to drag him out of the room.

Before saying anything, Ginny walked over to the door. "Silencio," she muttered.

"Now," said Ginny sitting next to Harry, and looking straight into his eyes. "Harry what's wrong?"

"Nothing," he replied. He rolled over onto his side so Ginny couldn't see his face.

Ginny stared at Harry's back for a minute or two, before slowly laying next to him. "Harry," she whispered. "You could tell me anything and I would never tell anyone."

Harry slowly rolled over onto his other side so he could see Ginny. He was surprised to see how close their bodies were to each other. "I-I can tell you anything?" stuttered Harry.

"Anything," replied Ginny.

Over the next hour, Harry told Ginny all about what happened in Dumbledore's office. However, he didn't tell her about the Potters’ Will.

Ginny didn't speak until Harry was finished talking. "You really miss him don't you?"

"Who?" asked Harry, looking confused.

"Sirius," replied Ginny.

"I miss him," He said truthfully. "He was the only one that loved me."

"That's not true, everybody loves you," whispered Ginny. "Mum and Dad, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George..... me."

"But it's not the same," said Harry, as a tear slid down his cheek. "I actually thought I could have a family-"

"Harry we are your family," said Ginny resting her head on his shoulder. "Mum and Dad always said you're part of our family."

"Really?" asked Harry. A smiled had formed on his face.

"Yeah," replied Ginny. She slowly wrapped her arms around Harry's waist.

Harry's heart started beating faster. His body seemed to tingle from her touch.

"I'm like your little sister," she said.

He didn't know why, but it hurt when she said that.

"Well, I'm off to bed," said Ginny after a minute in silence, letting go of Harry and sliding off the bed. "Harry, will you come with me, Hermione, and Ron tomorrow morning?"

"Where are you guys going?" asked Harry, as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"Just for a morning walk around the lake," said Ginny stretching her legs.

"Ok I'll go," said Harry with a childish grin.

"Thanks Harry," said Ginny with a sweet smile, as she walked across the room.

To her surprise, Hermione and Ron were curled up in the corner with their ears pressed up against the door and their eyes closed. "Looks like me and Harry kept them up past their bed-time," Ginny said to herself as she watched her bushy haired friend, and red-headed brother sleep peacefully against the door to the Boy's Dorm.



***





Early the next morning, Harry was awakened by the sound of someone calling his name.

"Harry, wake up," said Hermione. She was shaking Harry gently.

"Hermione what are you doing?" asked Harry as he reached for his glasses.

"You said you were going to come with us," said a voice from the door.

A red-headed girl walked into the room with a sweet smile on her face. Ginny sat on the edge of Harry's bed.

"What time is it?" asked Harry while rubbing his eyes.

"Six forty-seven," answered Ron, who was sitting on his bed eating an apple.

"Are you guys mad?!" Harry quickly covered himself with the blankets again.

"Oh, no you don't, Potter," growled Ginny. She grabbed his blanket, and in one move, pulled the blankets off him.

"Ginny!!" yelled Harry. "It's too early."

"Actually, Harry, Lupin and Tonks are waiting in the Common Room," said Hermione.

"Harry," said Ron standing from his bed. "Please don't leave me alone with Hermione and Ginny."

"But it's too early-"

"Please, Harry," Ron begged. "They're weird."

"Excuse me!!" yelled Hermione.

"I said, you and Ginny are weird," he said again.

"I am not," said Ginny. She looked calmer then Hermione, who was now red faced.

"Really?" asked Ron with a wide grin. "Shall I tell Harry what you do while you're in the shower?"

Ginny suddenly froze. "You do and I'll kill you," she replied in a dangerously low voice.

"Leave Ginny alone, Ronald," said Hermione. She was now sitting on Harry's bed.

Harry was already dressed, and was now pulling his jacket out of his trunk. I need to start reading those books Dobby gave me, he told himself.

Harry looked up making sure nobody was watching him before taking one of the books out of his trunk and putting it into the pocket of his jacket.

"How dare you!!" Hermione yelled to Ron, who was once again teasing house-elves.

"Can we go now?" interrupted Harry. He was standing by the door.



***




Harry and Ginny walked slowly along the lake. Lupin and Tonks were, as always, a fair distance behind and Ron and Hermione were walking up front having one of many of their fights.

"Do they ever stop fighting?" asked Ginny with a disgusted look on her face.

"Apparently not," replied Harry with the same look.

"Harry, can we sit down?" asked Ginny. "I just want to watch the sunrise."

Harry grinned at her. "Sure," he replied. "Where do you want to sit?"

Ginny looked around for a minute before saying, "Let's sit by that tree." She pointed in the direction of a tall, shady oak.

"Ok," Harry agreed. He and Ginny walked slowly over to the spot and sat down.

"It's so cold," murmured Ginny as Harry leaned his back against the tree.

Just as Ginny shivered from the cold morning air, rubbing at the goosebumps on her arms, Harry slipped off his jacket and settled it over her shoulders. "Better?" He asked with a smile.

"Much," she giggled, nestling deeper into the jacket. "Thanks, Harry."

"Don't mention it," he chuckled as he opened one of the books Dobby had given him.

As he read the book in silence, he felt Ginny lace her fingers with his. His fingers tingled warmly and his heart started to dance to a complicated, unsteady rhythm. He looked down at her and she smiled tentatively.

"My fingers are cold," she said softly, as a faint pink blush colored her cheeks. "You don't mind, do you?"

"C-course not," Harry stammered nervously, his throat suddenly very dry and tongue awkward as he tried to form words with it.

He tried to continue reading the book he had brought, but found he had trouble with it because most of the book was written in Runes. And he was, admittedly, rather shoddy in that department. I'll have to ask Hermione if she can teach me how to read Runes, he thought to himself. Skimming through the book for something he could make sense of, he absently noticed drawings of several different objects such as swords and shields. Out of nowhere, a thought struck him.

"Ginny?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"What do you do in the shower?" he asked slowly.

"What?" said Ginny, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Ron said that you do something in the shower. Remember?" Harry amended quickly.

"Oh," Ginny replied, leaning her head against his shoulder. "It's nothing really. I just sing."

Harry smiled as Ginny's eyes slowly closed. The sun started to rise up into the sky while he watched her closely. Her fair skin seemed to glow and her hair to blaze like fire as the sun crested the horizon, painting brilliant colors across the sky. Harry barely even noticed the sun's artistic endeavors though, too occupied with the other natural beauty before him. As he stared in wonder at Ginny, his arms seemed to acquire a mind of their own as they wrapped around her waist and gently pulled her closer to him.

Ginny's eyes fluttered open in surprise as Harry drew her near, her cheeks flushing a bright pink. Ducking her head quickly to hide the blush, she closed her eyes again and leaned her head against his chest.

"Ginny," Harry whispered into her ear.

"Y-yes?" she whispered back.

"Ginny... My favorite color is red... Because it’s like your hair," murmured Harry. He didn't know why he was saying this; it just came tumbling out of his mouth.

"Really?" asked Ginny, so softly that Harry had barely heard her.

"Really," he replied.

"Harry," said Ginny, leaning her head up so she could look him in the eyes.

"Yeah Ginny?" answered Harry as he stared into twin chocolate brown pools. He suddenly felt disoriented, as though he was being drawn into those eyes. He drowned in them, and didn't mourn the lack of air.

"My favorite color is green because... Because it's the color of your eyes."

The butterflies in Harry's stomach were having a grand time. "Really?"

"Really."

"So it’s really not because it’s Slytherin’s colors?" He asked with a smile.

"Definitely not," Ginny replied, looking at Harry shyly from underneath her long, smoky eyelashes before resting her head on his chest again.




***



Harry quickly walked into a dark classroom. Ginny and Hermione were off somewhere with Lupin, and Ron had to go back to headquarters with Mrs. Weasley. "Dobby," Harry whispered into the empty classroom.

There was a minute of silence before a soft pop echoed through the corridor, and Dobby appeared next to
Harry. "Sir is wanting Dobby?" asked the small house elf.

"Yes," said Harry softly. "Dobby I'm ready for you to teach me how to Apparate."

"Sir is ready for Dobby's teachings," the elf told himself. Dobby snapped his finger's, and every desk in the classroom flew against the wall.

Harry slowly walked into the middle of the room, and faced Dobby. "What do I do first?" he asked.

Dobby walked around Harry in a circle. "Apparating," he started. "Is just as easy as snapping your fingers together."

Harry listened to Dobby closely. He sounds more like a teacher than a house elf, he thought.

"To Apparate, you have to see where you want to go," said Dobby softly.

"What?" Harry asked. He was now confused.

"Harry potter must see where he wants to go in his mind," replied Dobby. He was once again, standing in front of Harry. "Sir, try to Apparate to the other side of this room."

"Umm... Dobby, nobody can Apparate into or out of Hogwarts," said Harry slowly.

"That Harry Potter, sir, is not true," said Dobby with a smile on his face. "Dobby does it all the time."

"How do you do it?" asked Harry.

"It is very easy, sir," replied Dobby. "All you have to do is see where you want to go in your mind. But imagine a giant rock blocking your way."

"How do I get past the giant rock?" Harry was now closing his eyes.

"Simply go around it, sir," answered Dobby.

Harry stood in the middle of the dark classroom with his eyes closed. His forehead started to sweat as he tried to Apparate
to the other side of the class room.

"Harry Potter must will himself to Apparate," whispered the small house elf. "Harry Potter mustwant to Apparate."

Harry closed his eyes tighter. Will yourself to Apparate, he told himself. Simply... Go around."

Harry stood there for a moment, and willed himself to Apparate. He concentrated on his intent, fixing the desire in his mind. He pictured the other side of the room in as much detail as he could muster. Finally, oh so slowly, he began to tingle. The small vibrations flowed through him, becoming more frequent, and he felt himself begin to slip away. Suddenly there was no floor underneath his feet, no air filling his lungs. He had no lungs, no feet. There was just nothing. For a moment he glided through cool, soft darkness, drifting pleasantly through the calm. Then just as suddenly as he had entered the vast emptiness, it was over. Sensations returned to him and he could feel his body once more. When he opened his eyes, a spark of triumph flared to life in his chest. He had moved forward a few inches. It wasn’t the other side of the room, it wasn’t even a foot, but it was a start.

"I did it," he whispered with a wide smile.

"Harry Potter is the greatest wizard Dobby has ever known!" Said the small house elf, his eyes watering.

"Thank you Dobby," said Harry. "I couldn't have done that without you."

"Thank you, sir!" Cried Dobby. "Harry Potter must practice more to improve! But Dobby must be off now. The other house elves be needing Dobby's help."

"Thanks again Dobby," said Harry before walking out of the dark class room. As he closed the classroom door he bumped into Tonks.

"Wotcher Harry," she sad with her usual toothy grin. "What are you doing up here?"

"Just... umm.... exercising," he lied.

"Really?" asked Tonks. "Well I heard you talking to someone. Were you giving Ginny a good snog?"

"WHAT!!" yelled Harry, his face going bright red. "No I was just-"

"Are you and Ginny a couple now?" asked Tonks, her grin getting wider.

"Couple?" Harry's face was now turning violet. "No we're just... like brother and sister."

"Sure, what ever," giggled Tonks. "I think you guys look good together."

"R-really?" asked Harry slowly.

"Of course," replied Tonks.

Harry smiled to himself for a minute, before realizing that Tonks was smiling at him. "Tonks," he said. He was determined to change the subject. "Why are you up here?"

"I was actually looking for you."

"Me? Why were you looking for me?"

"I just had a talk with professor McGonagall. She says that you wanted to become an Auror. Is that true?"

Harry silently nodded his head.

"Harry why didn't you tell me?" asked Tonks, who was now grinning very wide.

"I didn't think you'd care," he replied softly.

"Harry of course I'd care," Tonks' grin got wider with each word. "We could work side by side."

"Tonks I don't even know if I can be an Auror ."

"Why not?" asked Tonks, her smile fading a bit.

"Well I haven't opened my O.W.L's yet. I'm afraid I won't make it."

"Harry it's already July 29th. You'd better open it soon."

"I will," he said slowly.

"Come on," said Tonks, wrapping her hand around Harry's shoulder and pulling him down the corridor. "Let's go eat. I'm starving."



***




After watching Tonks eat three whole Servings of lunch in the Great Hall, Harry and Tonks went up to Gryffindor Tower to relax. "What do you guys do around here for fun?" asked Tonks, as she jumped on the couch.

Harry thought for a moment. "We could play a game of Wizards chess if you want."

"It’s better than just sitting here," said Tonks, as she conjured a board and pieces. About half way through the game, the conversation went back to O.W.L.S and about being an Auror. "Harry just open up your results already, it’s to important to be thrown off to the side."

"I know Tonks, but what would I do if I don’t have the Grades to be an Auror? I mean it’s the only thing I have ever thought about doing with my life," Harry muttered nervously.

"Well it's better to find out, and if you don’t make it, you need time to find another career choice," Tonks swiftly replied, as though she knew exactly what Harry was thinking

"Ok...I'll open it. Let me go get it," Harry said as he ran up the stairs to his dormitory

Tonks waited a minute or two before she heard Harry running down the stairs. When he came into view his face was red and he was holding a very thick looking envelope in his hands.

Harry nervously sat next to Tonks on the couch. She was watching him closely as he stared at the letter. He realized that his entire future depended on what was inside this little envelope. After looking at it awhile longer, he slowly broke the seal on the back and hesitantly slipped a paper out.



Astronomy - A

Care of Magical Creatures - E

Charms - E

Defense Against the Dark Arts - O

Divination - P

Herbology - E

History of Magic - D

Potions - E

Transfiguration - E


Harry read the parchment through several times, his breathing becoming easier with each reading. It was alright: He had always known that he would fail Divination, and he had no chance of passing History of Magic, given that he had collapsed halfway through the examination, but he had passed everything else!

He wordlessly passed his results to Tonks who had been watching him closely. She read down the parchment and looked up with a smile. "You did really well, Harry," she hugged him tightly.

"Thanks," he replied with a grin. "But I can't be an Auror. I got an E in potions."

"You can always do something else," said Tonks hugging him again.

"Maybe," he replied before putting his O.W.L results back in the envelope, and putting it in the pocket of his pants.

Just then the Portrait Hole swung open, and Ginny and Hermione came walking in with Lupin. "Hey Harry," said Ginny walking over, and sitting next to him.

"Hey Gin," he replied. He looked at Tonks who made a kissy face to him. "Umm.. what have you been doing?"

"Nothing much," she answered. "Just talking with Lupin and Hermione. What about you?"

"Well, I-"

Just then, he heard a sound that made his blood run cold: Tonks singing to the tune to Kay-Eye-Ess-Ess-Eye-En-Gee. "Haaarry and G-"

Harry's eyes flew wide open and he whirled to yelp at her, "TONKS!"

The metamorph's eyes watered with mirth as she let out a delighted cackle. Harry shot a glare at her. It was astounding at times how childish Tonks could behave.

Ginny and Hermione looked curiously from Tonks to Harry and back again. Harry narrowed his eyes, trying to make his glare more severe, but it only served to send Tonks into another fit of laughter. It was hard to maintain some semblance of dignity while someone is laughing uproariously at you, but Harry managed well enough. When Tonks recovered enough to speak, she said between giggles, "My lips are sealed, Potter."

He was about to express his doubt of this statement when a thought struck him. Today was the next day of his training with the centaurs! And if he didn't hurry, he was going to be late. "I-I have to go.. do stuff." Harry stammered, backing towards the portrait hole. The last things he saw before he slipped out were Tonk's impish grin, a baffled looking Hermione, and Ginny's thoughtful expression.



***




As Harry cautiously entered the clearing, wand in hand, he saw Magorian heft an elaborately decorated staff and walk to the center of the space. Magorian lifted his gaze to survey Harry briefly then said, "You will not be needing your wand this day, Harry Potter." He motioned with the staff to a spot before him on the ground. "Sit."

Harry obeyed, sitting down cross-legged on the ground, but kept a wary eye on the centaur. Magorian moved slowly around him in a large circle. As he walked, he lowered the butt of the staff to the ground, tracing the circle in the dirt. As he walked, the centaur said, "In order to defeat Voldemort and his followers, you must employ all of the resources available to you. The centaurs hold knowledge of many ancient magics. One such magic is the gift of the Animagi. Every human, great or small, has an inner creature, something more than human. Too often this creature lies dormant, forgotten in the flurry of modernization. Witches and wizards can, with guidance, learn to revive and tap into this animal side. This is the knowledge the centaurs offer you. Bear this in mind, though: I can only guide you. Whether or not you achieve in awakening your creature is up to you. You are a good candidate for becoming Animagi. You father achieved this, and thus the potential is strong in your blood."

As the centaur paused, Harry dared to venture a question. "How long will the training take?"

Magorian frowned at him. "Becoming an Animagus is no trivial matter, Harry Potter. Nor is it like learning to ride a broomstick or cast a spell. It is a serious endeavor and must be done with care. The time it takes before one can make the transformation varies greatly."

Harry felt his heart sink. There were too many things in his life that weren't definite, that "varied greatly". One more added to the list didn't exactly make his day. "What must I do?"

"There will be many different parts to your training. The first you have already experienced. You need to build up your physical and mental stamina, for one thing. You must also learn to tap into the ebb and flow of the forest, to be able to traverse it with the greatest of ease. The forest is the womb from which all creatures find their roots. Every one has a tie to it. When you reawaken this tie, you get that much closer to your goal in awakening your creature. Rigorous training such as you experienced the last time we met will help to open
your mind to this lost link."

Harry nodded to convey his understanding, though he wasn't quite sure that he was following Magorian's explanation.

"That is the external training. The second part of your training we begin today. It is the internal training. You must search within yourself, delve into the deep recesses of your mind, and unlock the secrets that lie there. I will personally teach you techniques through which you can do this."


Ok first, i want to thank Starcrossed and Akaloser, who are my partners for this fic. It would mean a lot to me if readers reviewed more. I also want to thank the readers/reviewers. Without you, there'd be no fic.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=21865