A New Beginning by MissPriss86
Summary: Harry, Ron, and Hermione have destroyed all of the remaining horcruxes, along with the help of, none other than Ginny Weasley. This Weasley weaseled her way into all of their plans-so far. This romance fic starts out pretty normally, but believe me, this story has so many twists, you’ll get lost in its jungle. Join Ron and Hermione as they struggle to keep their feelings secret (well, sort of), and Harry and Ginny as they battle their way to trust each other, despite Harry’s state of denial and Ginny’s lies. CHAPTER SEVEN IS UP!!!!!!!!!! OOO THIS IS LIKE THE WORST AND BEST CHAPTER

Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 12303 Read: 24844 Published: 01/31/06 Updated: 05/21/06

1. A New Beginning by MissPriss86

2. Under the Stars by MissPriss86

3. Ron's Inner Lion by MissPriss86

4. Not What It Seems by MissPriss86

5. Who Would Love a Death Eater? by MissPriss86

6. The Truth In Her Dreams by MissPriss86

7. Chapter 7: The Last Battle by MissPriss86

A New Beginning by MissPriss86
Chapter One: A New Beginning

Harry, Ron and Ginny sat outside a small room in St. Mungo’s hospital, hoping, waiting, praying that some kind of miracle would happen. Harry and Ginny were rather separated since the funeral, and with Hermione in the hospital…well this was going to be a long year. Ginny was desperate for something to break the ice. Finally, she decided to hazard a chance for interrupting the cold silence.

“I’m sure she’s fine…you two are just overreacting..."her voice trailed off, as if she didn’t believe her own words.

Ron looked pitiful. “Yeah, as if a dozen slashes across the back are perfectly normal for everyone,"he said wearily.

Harry couldn’t believe it…his best friend. How many injuries will I cause them? What if something worse happens? And people have actually died because of me? Sirius? Cedric? Dumbledore?

He snapped back to reality by the opening of a door. “You may come in if you like,"said a friendly nurse, “Although, I must warn you…she’s a bit…er…different."br />

“Different?" all three chimed in unison.

“What do you mean different?" Harry asked nervously.

The nurse just shrugged and walked into the next room. The trio entered Hermione’s hospital room cautiously, the suspense of what the nurse had said, dawning on them like the sunrise creeps up on a black sky. Hermione sat up a little, making little groaning noises in her effort. Ron rushed to her side. “Hermione?" he said in a short breath, covering his gasp.

“Ron," she said weakly “Ron…I’m so sorry..."

Ron shook his head and reached slowly for her hand. “Sorry?" he questioned, "Sorry for what?"br />

Hermione lay there, expecting someone to scold her for something terrible. Harry rubbed his hands over his face and decided to make his and Ginny’s presence known.

“Hem hem," he said in a perfect Umbridge imitation, “Hello Hermione, how’s life treating you?"

She laughed a little; “that Harry, always making me laugh." “Sorry…I’m just…so…tired," she stuttered, stifling a yawn.

“You should rest." Ginny interjected, “We can talk tomorrow." br />

As Ginny said these words Hermione drifted to sleep, Ron’s hand still clutching hers, “Yeah"




“Do you think she’s alright?" Ron asked as Hermione’s eyes fluttered open.

“What time is it?" she exclaimed.

The clock next to her read ten o’clock. She groaned, remembering how long she’d been here and how much her wounds would hurt in about 30 seconds. She still felt bad that she was more of a nuisance than a help last night, and couldn’t get over the fact that she had actually cowered in the face of danger. “How unlike myself." she thought drearily.

“Yes. I’m awake,"she groaned, the pain rushing towards her now.

It seemed to flow from her head down into the deep cuts on her back and her arm; then settled itself within her chest as if it weren’t going to be leaving for a while. She closed her eyes and re-ran the events of last night. “We were on the lawn…yes…and then the Death Eater drew his wand…that’s when…I turned my back…so that’s why I hurt," she thought slowly to herself.

Ron wrapped his arms around her, trying to be light on her back. Hermione forgot everything she had just been pondering. All she could feel was his arms around her and couldn’t even think of how much it hurt until her body involuntarily gave out a wince of pain. His grip released her and she heard him apologize somewhere in the distance. She tried to smile at him. "Was that a smile?" Harry and Ginny got up from their corner and said their good mornings.

Hermione finally stood up and told the nurse, “I think I would like to go home now, thanks."The nurse looked as shocked as her friends.

“Hermione, you cant just keep making decisions by yourself, even if you think they’re best for you,"advised Ginny. Harry and Ron shot Hermione agreeing looks and she finally gave in.

“I hate this stupid hospital room," she snapped, looking around at the small space in which they call a room, “I like being someplace that’s relatively at home, where I can be with you guys…which, by the way, is where I hope I’m going in half an hour."

Ron tried to scold her about this but he didn’t have the heart to, after all she’d been through since last night; he smiled at her. “What’s wrong with me?" he thought to himself “Why do I always want to smile when I’m around her. She’s always been fun to be around but this is just insane."

Before he even knew what he was saying he nagged, “They can’t keep her locked here forever, Harry?"

Harry didn’t even hear Ron. He was too busy staring at Ginny to even notice. How could he have ever even thought he could just throw away feelings, no matter how hard he wished he could? “When did she ever become so beautiful?? he asked himself, “admit it Harry, you’re still in love with her. You’re in love with this beautiful young girl that you’ve known since you were only a first year, at the train station." Harry’s mind wandered further and further from this world until he actually said something out loud.

“Ginny…why do you have to torture me like this?" he muttered. Ginny turned and faced him with eyes wide open.

“What?"she whispered so softly that she was surprised Harry heard it at all.

His face showed a sign of regret for everything he’d ever done to hurt her. He took a deep breath and turned away. “How can I answer questions like these?" he asked himself. Harry could see the hurt in her eyes and wished more than anything he could just hold her. But he couldn’t. It would ruin everything. The battle inside his head was growing louder and louder. “Why can’t you just tell her, she’s already helping with your mission? But that would ruin the biggest part…it’s too hard to let go when you’ve had someone longer. That’s not true. What about Mum and Dad? You can’t even really remember them and you’d give the world just to have them back.? Harry became so frustrated that he actually slammed his hand against the table. Ginny winced.

“Harry, would you mind walking downstairs with me?" she asked, voice still shocked from their last attempt at a conversation. Harry nodded and opened the door.

“Ron…I want to go home," sniffed Hermione, “I can’t take all of this," she said, now at the point of tears.

Ron thought desperately for something to say, and finally just spoke the truth.

“Hermione, things are only going to get better if we do it ourselves. Dumbledore is gone and the Order is falling apart. The only help we can expect is from each other. If we don’t do this..." his voice trailed off, but she knew the ending.

Ron wiped a tear from her cheek. “I don’t like when you cry," he muttered, only half aware of what he was saying.

Hermione looked into his eyes and wasn’t afraid anymore. What was it about this new Ron? He wasn’t new at all. He was just…noticed.
Under the Stars by MissPriss86
Chapter Two: Under the Stars

Hermione arrived at the Burrow expecting to eat something warm and home-cooked by Mrs. Weasley, but her assumptions were incorrect. The four walked into the kitchen, and everything was surprisingly quiet. Ron spoke up. “The rest of them are on business for the order," he said quietly. Hermione tried not to look too disappointed. Ron took her bags for her and carried them upstairs. She followed, every step making a sharp pain throughout her body. When she finally reached her room, she was in so much pain that her eyes were actually smarting.

“Please, stay here," she gasped in between the surges of pain. Ron nodded slowly and helped her to her bed where she could sit down for a moment. She nearly collapsed two feet away from the bed and Ron grabbed her and set her on the ground slowly. He tried taking his hands from around her waist but found it hard. “What is it about her…she’s still the same old know-it-all isn’t she? Well…is she? I must be daft." he thought to himself.

He never took his hands from around her, but Hermione didn’t mind a bit. She was really hoping he wouldn’t. She had learned a thing or two about flirting from Ginny and planned to use them right now. She pretended to fall over weakly so her head was on his chest.

“Hermione?" Ron whispered, “Are you okay?"

Hermione made a little groaning noise as if she were in terrible pain. “Ron…I’m just…tired…I need to rest?" she replied in short breaths. “Why am I using these flirting tactics on Ron?" she asked herself, “I’m just…It’s just my injuries…oh who am I kidding?"

Ron loosened his grip from around her, and without thinking, found that his hand crept up to her face and was stroking her cheek. Hermione lifted her head up, expecting him to pull away, but he just looked at her with his beautiful eyes and that bright red hair of his seemed almost like a dream. “Am I dreaming?"

Ron wanted to do something spectacular. Something amazing. Hermione looked…almost scared. He leaned towards her; it was the longest twelve seconds of his life. Then, a small creak interrupted them and they both sharply pulled away.

“Just came up here to put this up," Harry faltered, pointing to his invisibility cloak.

“Erm…right," stumbled Ron. Harry turned and headed back to the kitchen, laughing to himself about what he had just witnessed. Ginny met him with a smile and brushed his shoulder as she walked by. How he wished he could be closer to her than this. He took a step towards her, then stopped himself. “What are you doing?" he asked himself, “Are you crazy? It’ll ruin everything…you cant" Harry sighed deeply.

“I know," said Ginny quietly. Harry shot her a questioning look. “Harry, you’re right…Voldemort might kill me, but what if I don’t care?" Ginny asked desperately.

Harry sighed very deeply and let go of all his feelings. He pulled her into a tight hug and locked his arms around her. “Because for the first time in my life I’m afraid of something. I can’t put on a brave face about this, Ginny I’ve tried. I couldn’t live if anything happened to you," he responded, his voice shaky.

Ginny pulled back so she could see his face and whispered, “Harry…that’s exactly how I feel about you. How do you think I’d feel if Voldemort killed you and I just stood there doing nothing? Harry, I’d die inside."

Harry stood there motionless. Deep down, he knew she was right. He couldn’t make himself not love her, not in a thousand years. She gave him a little grin and he bent over and kissed her, like he had done what seemed so long ago in the common room. Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes, trying to remember this moment so she could keep it forever. Harry finally broke off and sat down with his head in his hands.

“Ginny…what if we’re wrong?" he asked pessimistically.

Ginny smiled, brightening his mood, and whispered in his ear, “Then at least we were together and not pretending to be something we both know we’re not."

Harry’s frown weakened. “How does this girl always do this to me?" Harry shook his head no, but he still had his arms around her.

“Why can’t we Harry? Tonks and Lupin had the exact same problem and Lupin realized that Tonks was right all along. Harry, you’re wrong too," stumbled Ginny as tears filled her eyes. Harry wanted to be with her so badly it was almost impossible to bear.

“Ginny…I know you’re right, but I just…we can't-" Harry couldn’t finish his sentence even if he wanted to, but Ginny never gave him the chance. She pulled him closer to her and kissed him. Ginny wanted him to change his mind but this only made Harry more confused. When she broke the kiss, tears were actually falling, and she knew he would never change his mind.

“I'm coming with you, Harry," she said sternly.

Harry sighed and whispered, “Yeah, I know…you're just like your mum."

Ginny laughed and wiped the tears from her face. “I'm going to bed," she said as she turned and walked up the stairs, “goodnight then." Harry followed her up the stairs and soon drifted to sleep next to Ron.

Ron woke up at around three AM a bit thirsty, so he crept quietly down the stairs. When he reached the bottom there was a figure in the kitchen. Ron drew his wand and edged ever so nearer. Suddenly, the figure turned around and they both yelled until the figure clasped a hand around Ron’s mouth. “Bloody hell Hermione, what are you doing?"

Hermione shot him a very mean look and replied, “Might I ask the same for you, Ronald?"

He poured himself a cup of water and held it up for an answer. Hermione rolled her eyes and sat at the table next to Ron. She gazed curiously out the window. Ron tried to see what she was looking at, but before he could figure it out Hermione said softly, “They’re so beautiful here." Ron smiled and took her hand. Before Hermione could say anything, he was leading her out the back door into the garden. Hermione could see the Burrow etched against the sky and it placed a very warm feeling in her heart.

“Close your eyes," panted Ron as they drew further away from the house. Hermione did as she was told, and indeed, closed her eyes.

Ron sat her down on an uneven surface and whispered, “Open them." Hermione opened her eyes.

They were surrounded by a sea of roses. “Oh Ron," she began, but Ron nodded his head upwards.

She gasped; Hermione had never seen so many stars in her life. It looked as if someone had enchanted the sky to have a million more stars than there really were. Ron seemed to have read her mind. “It’s real…I think this is why dad bought the place…Bill said when mum and dad were younger they would come here," he said quietly. Hermione nodded silently, and rested her head on his shoulder. “When did he get so tall?"

Ron placed his arm around her shoulder, careful of the gashes that still remained on her arm. “Did it hurt terribly?" he asked, memories of last night rushing to him.

Hermione nodded slowly and replied, “One minute I was holding my wand, and the next minute I was on the ground because I was terribly frightened, and…and..." she started crying, “Oh I was such a coward, Ron. I turned my back and then the curse-"

Ron silenced her. “Hermione, you are not a coward, do you know how Many times you’ve saved my life?" he asked with a small smile, “and we all did strange things last night," he finished.

Hermione still looked unconvinced. Ron splashed some water from his drink on her.

“RONALD!" Hermione exclaimed she took the cup from him and poured it all on his head. They both laughed, and Ron ran out of the little area and towards a cracked fountain in the center of the garden. When Hermione rounded the corner, he splashed her with water from the fountain and soon they were both drenched.

“Ronald Weasley!" she shouted playfully, “I'm never speaking to you again!"

Ron laughed and walked over to her, “Fine, I knew you liked that Harry Potter better than me!" he shouted, trying not to laugh. He turned on his heel and crossed his arms in a perfect Hermione-is-mad imitation. Hermione walked up behind him and put her hands over his eyes (she had to stand on her toes to reach).

“Guess who?" she whispered softly.

Ron turned around and wrapped his hands around her waist. “Gotchya!" he said playfully.

Hermione put her hands around his neck. She tried to speak but found she was at a loss for words. They stayed in this position for what seemed like hours just looking into each other’s eyes. Hermione’s soaked clothes stuck to her and Ron’s wet hair was pressed untidily against his forehead. He leaned forward as if to finish what was interrupted earlier.

She could feel his hair against her own forehead, then his nose against hers, then their lips were pressed together. She couldn’t think of anything, not the stars, or how wet she was, but the world stopped for her. When Ron pulled away he realized how cold he was in his wet clothes.

Hermione stopped and listened then said, “Ron...does it seem colder to you?"

They both looked up and to their horror, frost was creeping along the ground towards them…in the middle of the summer? Hermione saw it first and screamed. There in front of them stood two dementors. Ron looked up and saw two lights turn on in the house; Hermione’s scream had awoken Harry and Ginny.

“We’ve never done a patronus, and Harry will never make it."
Ron's Inner Lion by MissPriss86
Chapter Three: Ron’s Inner Lion

Harry snapped on his lights and ran into the girls’ room.

“Ron and Hermione are missing,” he yelled at Ginny as he ran down the stairs, skipping steps as he went. As he neared the garden, he could see two dementors circling his friends. Harry could tell they were both weakened by the effect of the dementors and needed help. He heard Hermione try to conjure a Patronus, but she failed. He raised his wand but someone else spoke.

Ron watched Hermione fail to make a Patronus and thrust out his own wand. He concentrated on what had just happened, his first kiss with Hermione.

“EXPECTO PATRONUM!” he yelled.

A little mist came out of his wand. He saw Harry running across the lawn towards them, wand also raised.

“EXPECTO…EXPECTO PATRONUM!” he yelled again thinking about his happy moment intently. A figure was protruding out of his wand. First the head…then the body… a lion raised its paws and chased the two dementors away. Hermione collapsed into his arms.

“Ron,” yelled Harry as he drew nearer to him and Hermione. Harry slapped Ron on the back and approved. “Good job mate…lion…real nice!” Ron was positively beaming with happiness.

Ginny walked up behind them and asked in a confused voice, “Ummm… what were you lot doing out here, and why are you all wet?”

Hermione blushed deep scarlet and Ron grinned sheepishly as another drop of water ran across his shining face. Ginny smiled at the two and Harry stood there with a confused expression.

Hermione rolled her eyes and groaned. “Oh, come on…”

All four teens laughed until they realized the seriousness of the matter.

“Harry, we’ve got to get out of here!” exclaimed Ginny, “Somebody is out to get you!”

Harry sat down and thought for a moment.

Hermione finally spoke, “I'm not so sure that was the plan.”

The other three stared at her with bewildered looks.

“Why would Voldemort send dementors when he knows Harry can conjure a Patronus?” She asked quietly.

“Unless there’s someone else…” Harry trailed off.

They all looked around the yard nervously. Thump…Thump…Thump…The ground vibrated, and tension filled the air.

"Troll!" Hermione mouthed in horror to her friends. The trees rustled near them.

“Disapparate to headquarters okay?” whispered Harry. Two pops followed his words.

“Hang on Ginny,” he called, “I'll take you in a moment.”

Harry stared between the trees as he instructed Ginny on how to Disapparate with him.

“Hang on tightly to my arm. Whatever you do, don't let go!" he yelled over the sound of the thump of the giant’s feet.

Ginny nodded her understanding and grabbed hold of his arm. Harry concentrated hard on number twelve, Grimmauld Place and made sure Ginny was holding tightly enough on to him, and with a pop they both appeared at headquarters.

Ginny was still next to him. She let go and put her hands on her ears. Harry laughed a little.

“The sensation takes a while to get used to,” he said smiling.

Ginny nodded in agreement. “What just happened?” she asked with a concerned look on her face.

Harry shrugged, not really sure of the incident himself.

Suddenly, they heard yelling directed at them about blood traitors and mudblood lovers. Harry rolled his eyes and started shutting the curtain of Mrs. Black’s portrait. Ginny helped and they finally got it closed. Harry walked into the living room, staring at the messy house that he hadn’t been in for almost a year.

Too many memories…

Ginny sat on the couch beside him. “Do you miss him?” she asked, feeling that it was a good time to talk about Sirius. Harry looked at the floor; he hated this subject.

“Yeah…yeah I do…” he said quietly, “I miss him a lot, and it’s my fault he died,” he finished, standing up and walking out of the room.

Ginny sighed and went after him to the kitchen. She took his hand in hers and waited until he glanced at her.

“Harry, it’s not your fault,” she whispered. Harry looked up at her with big, sad, green eyes.

“Yes it is,” he replied with a hint of self-hatred in his voice. “he was the closest thing I had to family and I killed him.” Ginny gripped his hand harder.

“How can you talk this way?” she scolded. “What would Sirius say if he heard you talking like this?”

“He’d say, you killed me. I thought you loved me.”

Ginny shook her head, fighting back tears and faltered. “Harry he’d say finish him for me. Sirius would say thank you for rescuing me. He would pat your back and tell you how much like James you are, and here you are talking like this? It wasn’t your fault, if it was anyone’s fault it was either Snape’s or Lestrange’s.”

“Sorry…I just can't help but think--I mean--my parents, Cedric, Sirius, Dumbledore--maybe even you,” he whispered as he looked deeper into her ocean-blue eyes.

“Don't worry, you won’t have to add me to that list,” she said quietly.

“This was a reason we can't be together. Now do you see how hard it is for me? Anyone close to me is in danger, Ginny, including you.”

Harry walked into the living room again and lay down on the couch.

Is this my escape, running away all the time?

Ginny followed and lay next to him, putting her head on his chest. Harry didn’t force himself to move away this time.

“I can hear your heart,” Ginny stated, obviously.

Harry didn’t respond, and focused his eyes on a spot on the ceiling.

“It says I miss my parents, and Sirius, and Dumbledore,” she said slowly. “And it’s not my fault they are no longer with me.”

Harry snorted at this remark but didn’t look at her.

“And it says I love Ginny Weasley,” she finished smiling. “Harry, you can fool everyone else, and you can fool yourself, but you can't fool your heart.”

Harry looked at her with a blank expression. Ginny laughed at how dumb she had just sounded.

“You know what my heart says, Harry?” she asked desperately.

Harry shook his head, now intrigued with what she was saying.

“It says please don't break me,” Ginny whispered in his ear. “Please don't break my heart again.”

Harry thought about what she said for a moment and realized there were tears swelling up in her eyes. His heart hurt when he saw how much pain she was in. It hurt because he knew there was nothing he could do to help. He folded his arms around her and let her cry into his chest. Her tears soaked through his shirt and stabbed him painfully in the heart, but he just held her tighter hoping in some small way she would find comfort in him. He felt like crying too, but he wouldn't, he couldn't, break down, not now. Every one of her tears matched one that didn't fall from his own eyes, but he knew that a million tears wouldn't change what was or had to be done.

“Ginny,” he said softly. “Tell your heart I won’t…won’t…” he broke off, thinking about what he was saying. “I love you, Ginny,” he finally admitted to her.

Ginny was waiting for a ‘but’ somewhere in there but it didn’t come. She smiled softly and whispered, “I love you too, Harry.” Ginny and Harry fell asleep right there, until two loud pops woke them up.




Hermione and Ron arrived at headquarters just before Harry and Ginny, and walked into one of the bedrooms, looking for any members of the order that weren’t working. Everyone was on a mission now that chaos had erupted at the death of Dumbledore, and Ron was thanking God that his own family was away from his most likely now flattened house. Hermione sat on the bed for a moment to rest, and Ron placed himself beside her.

“I hope Harry’s not trying to do anything terribly heroic with that troll. It’d be a shame for him to leave Ginny behind now,” stated Hermione.

“What do you mean?” asked Ron naively.

Hermione grinned, “Ronald isn’t it obvious? They still like each other!”

Ron nodded. “You know, I saved you from a troll once…”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Yes Ron, I remember, you mastered that charm and everything! And how brave you were!” she exclaimed sarcastically.

Ron shot her an annoyed look, and before she knew it she was laying flat on the bed laughing because Ron was tickling her.

“Ron! Stop it!” she screamed through fits of laughter.

Ron backed away. “Fine, I’ll stop,” he said as she held her stomach.

Then, at the same time, they reached for the other's sides. They both jumped and ended up on the floor because even though they jumped they each tickled the other. Hermione had pinned Ron to the floor as he laughed, begging for mercy.

"Never" Hermione giggled tickling him mercilessly but then he turned the tables on her.

"You're a dead woman," Ron again pinned her to the ground but instead of tickling her he saw her face pale and pain run through her eyes. She looked like she might cry. "Hermione!" Ron carefully helped her sit up before she spoke.


“OW!” Hermione exclaimed through clenched teeth.

Ron knew, at that moment, that he didn't hurt her on the bed because it was so soft, but the floor was hard and would've put a lot more pressure on her unhealed back. A wave of guilt washed over him and he wanted to try desperately to make her feel better.

Ron helped her back onto the bed and replied, “Sorry…maybe you should get to sleep then Hermione.”

She nodded quietly and forced on a smile. Ron lay beside her, not meaning to fall asleep, but it was so late and they had had such a night, that they fell asleep next to each other. Ron woke up an hour later to find Hermione next to him.

“She really is pretty…she’s not like Fleur, but she’s pretty in a realistic, full human kind of way…”

Ron shook Hermione softly. She woke up and gave him a quizzical look.

“Harry and Ginny!” shouted Ron, and within two seconds they had both Apparated downstairs.




Harry’s green eyes shot open and he was staring directly at Ron and Hermione. He pressed his fingers to his lips and pointed to Ginny, who was apparently still asleep, probably because she was so used to Fred and George trying to wake her up like this last summer.

Hermione gave a little shrug, and Ron looked at Ginny, tangled around Harry, and said in an almost comical way, “what…are you doing with my sister?”

Harry’s cheeks turned a deep crimson, and he answered, “err...it’s not what it looks like…we were…wait a moment…where were you?”

Ron and Hermione shot each other embarrassed looks and Harry couldn’t help but laugh. Ron and Hermione sat together in the chair across from Harry and Ginny, and talked with Harry about future plans.

“Do you honestly think we should bring Ginny?” asked Ron. “I mean, I know she’s been with us so far, but don't you think she is a bit--young?”

Harry thought about this for a long moment, and just before he spoke, Ginny exclaimed, “Harry, you have to let me go!” Harry was a bit startled from her sudden “wake up” and was speechless for a moment.

“Please Harry, you can't just abandon me now!” she pleaded softly.

Harry looked into her eyes for what seemed like hours until he finally faced the truth of the matter. He would have to let her go with them.

She came with me to destroy three of the five, once-remaining horcruxes. She saved his life when he was battling Nagini, who was surprisingly away from her master at the time. Without Ginny, Hermione would have died the other night on the lawn, too. Her defensive skills have improved greatly, why shouldn’t she come? You’ll be the one fighting Voldemort, not her. She can take a few stupid Death Eaters.

Harry nodded slightly to Ginny and looked down. The pair was still entangled, and Ginny unwrapped their arms from around him and sat up on the couch.

Is Harry really going to fully agree this time? He has an excuse for everything! I can take care of myself, and if anything does go wrong I know Harry will be there to rescue me.

Ginny forgot Ron and Hermione were even in the room. She threw her arms around Harry’s neck, kissed his cheek, and said thank you at least half a dozen times. Harry just nodded in silence.

“I'm hungry,” Ginny stated, giving Hermione a very obvious look. “Why don't you and Ron see what’s in the kitchen?”

Ron and Hermione got up and walked into the kitchen, but Ginny’s face wasn’t as bright as it had been thirty seconds ago.

Ginny took Harry’s hand and spoke what she really wanted to say to him. “Harry, I know what you think, but I'm coming too. I know this isn’t a game and--I'm really scared,” she finished, with an actual look of terror on her face.

Harry felt they had over-talked this subject, and finally looked up at Ginny. “I wish I knew what to say,” he replied gravely, “but I'm scared too…I’d call you mad if you weren’t.”

With that said, Harry hugged her in a tired fashion, he hadn’t gotten much sleep last night. Ginny’s arms somehow found their way to the back of Harry’s neck again, and she managed to smile her wonderful smile. All of Harry’s worries melted away when he saw that smile. He couldn’t help but move a little closer, until they were about an inch apart. Their lips softly collided, and Harry knew that he could never leave her behind because he was now so deeply in love with her. Ron and Hermione stood silently in the doorway, smiling, as they watched their predictions come true.
Not What It Seems by MissPriss86
Chapter four: Not What It Seems


Harry and Ginny broke apart with little awkward smiles on their faces.

A small “Awwww” emerged from Hermione, whom Harry, blushing a deep scarlet, just realized was standing in the doorway. Yet, he never let go of Ginny’s hand.

As Ron and Hermione started to walk into the kitchen, a loud bang, followed by the sound of the door falling down exploded like dynamite in the dead silence. Six hooded figures appeared in the doorway and made their way into the room, looking around.

“Well,” spoke one, “It’s been a while since I’ve been in my dear cousin’s house…”

Harry gritted his teeth and Ginny squeezed his hand tighter.

“Lestrange,” he spat in pure hatred.

A shattering laughter broke through the calm air as the one who had spoken took her hood off.

“Hello Harry, come to play again?” she shrieked as she pulled out her wand.

“EXPELLIARMUS!” yelled Harry, his own wand raised.

Bellatrix Lestrange’s wand flew into the hands of a fellow Death Eater who faithfully returned it to its owner. Lestrange’s eyes narrowed towards Harry.

“Don't even try, boy,” she teased. “That was my dear cousin’s downfall.”

Harry wrenched himself off of the couch and thrust his wand in her direction, his arm shaking with anger. He had waited so long for the moment he could kill Sirius’s murderer. She smiled evilly at his feeble attempt.

“Just like dear Sirius, aren’t we now?” she asked playfully. “But does little baby Potter remember what happened to him…and his parents…and dear, old, caring Dumbledore?”

Harry trembled, not with fear or sadness, but with great anger. Lestrange screeched with laughter and addressed the other three teenagers in the room.

“Two Weasleys, I see, and this filthy little Mudblood again?” she hissed.

Ginny knew this would be the end and stood up next to Harry, wand also pointed at Lestrange. Bellatrix’s eyes sparked with amusement.

“Has little Harry Potter found himself a girlfriend? How sweet, you can die together,” she exclaimed, thoroughly enjoying herself. “But…I think I’ll kill dear Harry in front of this one…or should I kill the girl and put yet another weight on his shoulders before he dies?”

Ginny gave Lestrange the nastiest look imaginable and growled, “Don't listen to her Harry. Whatever happens is not your fault, do you understand?”

Harry barely heard her and was still shaking all over. As Bellatrix was giving instructions to a nearby death eater about Ron and Hermione, he screamed, “CRUCIO” and aimed the curse at Lestrange. She screamed, then recovered rather quickly.

“Potter you still don't mean what you’re saying; your hatred can only make me suffer for so long.” She pointed her wand at him then yelled the same curse he had used, but directed it at Ginny Weasley instead.

Ginny fell to the floor, screaming and crying and thrashing about, over Harry’s feet. He stooped down and tried calming her then yelled, “EXPELLIARMUS!!” so Lestrange would have to shield herself.

Ginny lay at his feet, crying and panting like she just woke up from a nightmare. Harry pulled her up.

“Leave them alone, Lestrange. Your fight is with me,” he yelled bravely.

Lestrange, who had a gleam in her eyes like she knew an inside joke, squealed, “Potter…you love this girl, don't you?”

Harry stood in place for a moment, pondering what to say. He figured she already knew, so he replied, “Yes…do whatever you want with me, but please don't hurt my friends.”

Bellatrix Lestrange’s eyes flickered for a moment before she said sweetly, “I’ll make a deal, Potter. If you come with us to the Dark Lord, we won't force anything on your friends. Not death, nor torture.”

Harry thought for a moment before letting go of Ginny and nodding his head yes. Two Death Eaters bound him with their wands and Lestrange let out a crackling laughter once he was bound.

“YOU SWORE!” he yelled, fighting the binds.

She was even more excited than when she had walked into the house to start with. “It’s not that, Potter,” she spat. “It’s just that…oh, Ginny, good work! You played the part so well! He actually fell in love with you! The Dark Lord will be very pleased.”

Harry felt as if someone had stabbed him in the stomach with a knife over and over again. His head grew heavy and he felt his knees start to buckle. He couldn’t even feel the air he somehow knew he was breathing in; his whole body felt numb except for the stinging of tears in his eyes. Harry looked right at Ginny with his green eyes, except this time they were full of hurt. Lestrange’s laughter echoed around the room, but all Harry was focused on was Ginny. She looked back at him guiltily, not speaking because her voice wouldn’t work.

“Ginny…” Harry croaked, “Is this…true?”

Ginny looked at Lestrange’s smiling face and then back at Harry’s horror-struck expression. Her eyes told him the answer. Harry went limp; his legs gave way underneath him.

“All this time…” he mumbled, “You never even cared? All those lies about nothing being my fault and that you had never stopped loving me since the day you met me? WAS THE ONLY REASON YOU WANTED TO COME WITH US WAS SO YOU COULD TELL VOLDEMORT OUR PLANS AND WHAT WE WERE DOING? ARE YOU THE REASON THEY KNOW ABOUT HEADQUARTERS? ARE YOU THE REASON DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD?”

Ginny lowered her head and Lestrange cried, “Ginny dear, don't listen to him. Your real friends are us now darling, your fellow Death Eaters.”

Ginny looked up at Lestrange and gave an evil grin almost worthy of Bellatrix Lestrange herself.

Harry found the strength to yell, “GINNY, LOOK AT WHAT YOU’RE DOING. THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WILL DIE BECAUSE OF YOU.”

Lestrange turned and hissed, “Potter, your biggest weakness was trust. Not every Death Eater has the mark. Ginny here realizes how much power she can have if she stays with us.” Then, she took out a vile of dark liquid and poured it down Hermione’s and Ron’s throats, both of whom were too horror-struck to even fight it, before giving it to Harry as well.

“Sweet dreams…” she whispered in his ear.

A/N: hahaha! Not what it seems!!!! Hope you liked it…though I would hate it because I love Ginny. and sorry if it's short, there wasnt really a good place to cut it off
Who Would Love a Death Eater? by MissPriss86
Chapter Five: Who Would Love a Death Eater?

Harry awoke in a dark dungeon, much like the old Muggle prisons. His first thought was that he was in Azkaban, then, he did a double take.

Ginny’s a Death Eater.

No, she’s not, it can't be.

Yes, she is, Harry, you saw it yourself. All this time I thought I loved her…

Because you did love her.

No, I don't fall in love with Death Eaters.


Ginny arrived in Voldemort’s throne room as soon as they got to Hogwarts. Lestrange squealed, “Master, we have him. He’s in the hidden dungeons.”

Voldemort stood up and Ginny gulped deeply. “Still afraid young one? I’ve known you since you were a first year…”

Ginny took a step forward and replied, “Yes Master, but you had me very afraid of you for a good long while…but now I’ve come to my senses…”

Lestrange nodded and added, “Yes, my lord, she played her part so well. The Potter boy actually fell in love with her. Then she withstood the Cruciatus Curse, just to make her acting more realistic.”

Voldemort nodded. “Very good, Ginny, I'm very proud. Just don't let real feelings get in the way of business. You wouldn’t want to end up like dear Draco, would you?” he noted.

Ginny let out a nervous laugh and replied confidently, “What feelings? I have no feelings for Potter.”

Lestrange smiled and said, “That’s my girl!” and bowed to Voldemort before she and Ginny returned to the corridor.

Harry fell asleep once again, before, to his surprise, Ginny Weasley awakened him five hours later. He opened his mouth to talk, but she slapped her hand over his mouth. Ten Death Eaters were sleeping outside his cell; tight security. They silently Disapparted with Ginny leading the process. They arrived in a Muggle hotel room. Ginny threw her arms around Harry. He shoved her off of him, still not speaking. Ginny sighed deeply and protested, “Harry, I'm not working with Voldemort.”

I can't believe her! After she just lied about everything, she takes me away to trick me again?

“Take me back,” he choked. “Take me and leave me to die, It’s better than watching you lie to me again.”

Ginny took a step away from him, not believing his words. “I can explain! Harry, please just listen to me.” she stammered, “I…We…”

“THERE IS NO WE,” he cut in, “or ‘us’” or any sort of plural for you and me.”

Ginny fell to the floor, eyes wide in frustration. “Harry, I am not a Death Eater. Earlier this year I pretended to become one…why do you think I don't have the mark…Harry you have to believe me. I love you, and I know you still love me,” she said, taking a few steps closer.

Harry threw a pillow at the wall in rage, as he fought with himself.

Believe her again, Harry. She looks sincere.

“NO,” he yelled before he stressed in a cold voice, “I don't fall in love with Death Eaters.”

Ginny was almost in tears. “Harry Potter, you listen.” she wailed, “Why do you think they haven’t killed you before now? Somebody was obviously feeding them wrong information. A certain somebody agreed to trick Harry Potter into loving her and tell them his secrets. Someone wouldn’t have the mark branded on her because she truly was not a Death Eater, but told them it was more convincing, or you’d know. I-”

“NO!” Harry yelled. “Stop it Ginny, STOP FEEDING ME LIES!”

Ginny’s head fell into her hands. “I would if I was lying,” she wept.

She’s innocent.

No she’s not, she’s lying and a good actress.

Who else did everyone think was lying and a good actor?

Harry’s brain froze.

Sirius, nobody would give him a chance when he was innocent.

Harry sat down next to her. “Ginny Weasley, you make an Unbreakable Vow with me that you aren’t lying, and that you really did love me,” he muttered.

Ginny shook her head and replied, “There’s no witness…but I can swear to you, Harry, I'm not lying and I swear I love you.”

Time seemed to freeze in the few moments Ginny looked at him with hope in her eyes, and Harry looked at her with pain in his.

Ginny seemed to snap out of her trance. “GO, now!” she said exasperated, and trying to keep her voice low.

“Where??” he asked skeptically.

“I don't care. Just get away from here. They’ll catch me and kill me any second now. I don't want them to find you too.”

Harry stood, his mind blank, then whispered, “Then I'm not leaving you, Ginny.”

She smiled, then added, “Don't be so noble all the time. Go now. I can act a little longer.”

Harry tried to Apparate; he felt the usual sensation, but no movement. He never left the room. Ginny threw an Invisibility Cloak at him.

“They’re here!” she whispered and she sat down on the floor Indian-style and placed her fingers to her temples. The door burst open.

“WHERE IS HE?” yelled Voldemort himself, caught in a furious rage.

Ginny slowly opened her eyes. “Potter?” she asked calmly, “Master, I have no idea.”

Voldemort drew his wand and hissed, “You’re lying…”

Block your mind…block your mind…Ginny, block it out!


“WHY ARE YOU HERE?” he spat at her, as he realized he couldn’t read her mind with ease.

“I come here to think, and to get away from the wizarding world,” she answered bitterly

He raised his wand and spoke a spell unknown to both Ginny, and Harry. Ginny’s limp body fell to the floor in a small heap. Harry bit his lip as he watched his love fall lifelessly to the ground. Everything seemed to occur fifty times slower than normal speed; he thought he could almost see the dust come up as she fell. He was about to yell her name, but then he noticed something else and forced his mouth shut. Tiny particles of green, blue, red, yellow, orange, and many other colors that he couldn’t identify (they were moving too fast) erupted from her lifeless body. The mist seemed to hang in the air, and each piece had an individual position. Harry finally recognized what the particles were forming. A multicolored Ginny was facing Voldemort as he flashed her an evil smile.

Is it a ghost??

Voldemort spoke. “Ginny, how do you feel?” he asked with a smirk.

“What have you done to me?” she stumbled, voice shaky.

“There’s a bright side, Ginny. I’ve performed the Separation of Soul. That is where the person’s soul actually leaves the body. However, it can only protrude ten feet away from the spell caster, this way I can keep an eye on you. More bad news: it’s only reversible if the one you love sacrifices his own flesh and blood for you, but the love must be shared with each other. Therefore, no, Potter cannot save you because you don't love him in return.”

Ginny bit her lip to keep from crying. “Is there any good news in that?”

Voldemort smirked. “You just faked your own death. Now your pathetic family will think you’re dead and you can continue to follow me full-time.”

Ginny forced a smile. “Yes master, this is perfect, you think of everything…but are you sure there’s no other way…I can't be of much use unless I have a real body…”

Voldemort glared at her for questioning him and looked further into her mind. She knew something he didn’t. He started to walk out of the room to show Ginny how the spell worked, and as her body was pulled along with Voldemort, she mouthed a pathetic, “Help,” in Harry’s general direction.

Harry was torn between believing Ginny and using the proof he had just witnessed: Ginny was in league with Voldemort.

He killed my parents, and Cedric, and Dumbledore, and…Sirius…and she’s been supporting him?

No, she’s telling you the truth.

Are you sure?

Yes, and if you don't save her, she’ll die with Voldemort. Is that what you want? To be responsible for four deaths?

But what if I'm wrong? And I die for her? Then I'm just dead and everyone else dies with me? What if that’s not even how you break the spell?

What if it is and she dies? You love her.

No I don't.

Yes, you do, even if she is a Death Eater.

I do not love Death Eaters.

But you love this one.

No, I don't…but I’ll save this one.


Harry Disapparated, returning to the Burrow to speak with Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the lot.

A/N sorry it’s been a little boring lately, I hope this chapter was a little more exciting, although I'm sure it adds lots of questions to your list. If there’s anything you think I haven't explained fully enough, just review with your question and I might explain it, depending if It’ll give away too much or not. Just know I’ve spent A LOT of time planning this story out and I fully understand how one thing leads to another, its all planned in my head. (lots of surprises are on the way, I promise) don't forget to review!
The Truth In Her Dreams by MissPriss86
Chapter Six: The Truth In Her Dreams

Ron shifted in his sleep, just becoming aware of the hard floor he was snoozing on.

“She’s a bit different…” echoed the nurse in his dream.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, and he smiled at the sleeping Hermione next to him. Events of the previous night rushed back to him in surges of fury.

Hermione broke the agonizing silence of his thoughts. “But Dumbledore…no witch or wizard can be raised from the dead, no matter how powerful they are,” she said with an actual look of confusion on her face.

Ron looked at her, obviously talking in her sleep, and shook her gently.

“ Of course I won't tell anyone, Dumbledore,” she said quietly before she woke up.

Ron smiled at her, covering up the pain he felt inside. A familiar phoenix swooped down upon them, one wing actually touching the two as it perched on the windowsill.

“Fawkes!” exclaimed Ron.

In the bird’s beak there was a tiny bit of parchment. Ron took the small note from the bird and opened it. Inside was a short letter addressed to him and Hermione, in a slightly slanted handwriting he thought he recognized, but he couldn’t quite place it.

Ron and Hermione,
You must find Harry and Ginny. Believe her story. Hermione, trust your dreams.


Ron read the note aloud to Hermione, who stared at a wall with her ‘thinking’ expression on. She closed her eyes for a moment, deep in contemplation. Ron shook his head as if to wake himself up. “Hermione, we have to find Harry!” he yelled.

Hermione snapped her eyes open. “Yes that’s what Dum…what we should have done” she added quickly.

“We have to go home and tell Mum and Dad” he exclaimed, exasperated, and two loud pops followed his sentence.




“MUM, DAD,” shouted Ron as he burst open the door to the Burrow.

“MR. AND MRS. WEASLEY,” yelled Hermione, running through the house.

“WHAT?!?!” Mrs. Weasley screamed back at the two.

Ron yelled, “Ginny’s a Death Eater!” at the same time, Hermione screamed, “They have Harry!” so it sounded something like, “Ginarrys a death have eater!”

Mrs. Weasley looked utterly confused before Hermione murmured, “ The Death Eaters have taken Harry, and Ginny’s a Death Eater.”

Mrs. Weasley fell to the floor in disbelief, much the same as Ron’s earlier reaction, and half cried, half screamed, “ARTHUR!” in a mess of tears.

He ran down the stairs, expecting to see someone lying on his kitchen floor, dead, by the way his wife had called his name.

“What’s wrong?” he asked in between Mrs. Weasley’s big, wet, sobs.

“Ginarrys a death have eater!” she wailed, in a non-understandable way.

Hermione answered again, “The Death Eaters have Harry, and Ginny’s a Death Eater.”

Mr. Weasley’s face betrayed the many emotions he felt upon hearing Hermione’s statement: confusion, disbelief, disappointment, frustration, sadness, and anger His little girl a Death Eater? How could this be? First Percy, now this? He disappeared with a loud pop and in five minutes, came back with most of the members of the Order, and quickly explained the situation. Tonks gasped and buried her head in Remus Lupin’s chest, who gently patted her back. Kingsley Shacklebolt closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, as if he were taking a huge blow to the stomach. Professor McGonagall took in a sharp gasp of air, nearly choking on the amount of oxygen she had just inhaled. Just as she was about to speak, a loud pop interrupted her. All eyes weren’t to center of their circle.

Harry Potter was sprawled out on the floor, clutching Ginny’s lifeless body, as he stood up and turned to face Ron. One arm was underneath her neck, her head swaying limply towards the floor, and his other had a strong hold underneath her knees; he found it hard to believe that last month he had carried her up to her bedroom like this after she had fallen asleep while attempting to stay up all night, talking to him, Ron, and Hermione. Mrs. Weasley’s wailing broke his train of thought as he set Ginny’s empty figure on the couch. When he finally spoke, the whole room was nearly in tears.

******

Ron and Hermione listened intently to Harry’s more detailed version of the story. Hermione’s best advice was to sleep on it; Professor McGonagall had already performed a preservation charm on Ginny’s body.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione were fast asleep on the floor of the Weasleys’ living room. Ron was snoring rather loudly, but there was no other noise--except the faint murmur of Hermione, talking in her sleep.

“Blood sacrifice…mixed with tears,” she whispered.

Suddenly an ear splitting scream struck the icy cold silence, Everyone in the house was now downstairs, watching Ron shake Hermione as she repeatedly let out scream after piercing scream. When she awoke, she had a vacant expression on her face, and her eyes were cold. Her breathing was steady, but very heavy, and sweat had erupted from every pore on her body. In one swift motion, her hands sped to her own neck, and grasped it firmly. She tightened her grip on herself, and made choking noises, gasping for air. Ron tackled her, wrenching her own hands away from her neck. He pulled as hard as he could, but every time he managed to yank them away, her hands forced themselves back to her neck. Ron tugged frantically, and finally got her arms securely pinned down to the floor, despite Kingsley Shacklebolt’s cries of, “Don't touch her, she’s cursed!”

Hermione closed her eyes and shook her head, really awake this time. She broke into tears and collapsed into Ron’s arms, sobbing uncontrollably into his chest. Mrs. Weasley ordered everyone out of the room except for the trio.

Ron pulled Hermione away from him softly and wiped the tears from her face. “It’s-M-M-Mal-Malfoy,” she wailed, “H-H-H-He’s being t-t-tortured!”

Ron felt a pang of sorrow for him, but Harry wondered why this would be such a bad thing. A few seconds later, he felt guilty because he remembered Hermione screaming, and crying, and nearly killing herself.

Why was she screaming, and crying, and trying to kill herself?

He looked lovingly at Hermione’s tear-stained face before asking, “If that happened to Malfoy…why were you screaming?”

Hermione didn’t answer at first, but then stammered, “They’re not just dreams--they’re visions--I can”er”possess people, feel their pain, their feelings. I was Malfoy.”

Ron and Harry gawped at Hermione. Her eyes opened wide as she murmered, “Blood sacrifice mixed with tears.”

At this point, Ron and Harry were completely lost.

“To bring Ginny back! Mix your blood with…” Hermione sighed deeply and conjured a glass phial. “Harry…I think…Ginny’s…dead.”

Harry’s knees grew weak and a buzzing sound filled his ears. His heart melted away as his tears for Ginny streamed one by one down his face. He felt Hermione’s phial brush his cheek and heard her voice echo somewhere in the background, “Harry, it’s okay, I just needed a tear of love for Ginny.”

Harry quickly stood up and brushed his face off.

“And the lover’s blood…” Hermione continued.

Harry held out his left arm as she traced a small line across his vein with her wand. She let exactly seven drops fall into the small phial before retracing the cut to close it. She shook the phial and ran swiftly into the room where Ginny’s body had been laid. She quickly removed the charms off of her body. Hermione’s hands softly parted Ginny’s lips and she forced the mixture into her mouth and coaxed it down her throat. She clawed for Harry’s shirt and yanked him over to Ginny’s lifeless figure.

“Kiss her!” she exclaimed, looking down at Ginny’s still body.

Harry looked at Hermione with a disbelieving expression, then back at what remained of Ginny. He softly pressed his lips against hers, tasting his own blood, before he slowly pulled back, not knowing what to expect. When she stayed as still as she ever was, Harry placed his head gently against her chest in a hug and closed his eyes.

“You know what my heart says, Harry? It says don’t break me…”

“Ginny…tell your heart I won't…I love you, Ginny.”


As his memory faded away, he was greeted by a familiar pattern. His head calmly moved up and down: the rising and falling of Ginny’s chest. His ears seemed to explode with noise as soon as he heard the faint thump thump of her innocent heart.

The heart I promised not to break.


Only two things left to do: save Ginny, then kill Voldemort and save the rest of the world.
Chapter 7: The Last Battle by MissPriss86
Author's Notes:
So this is the chapter you've all been waiting for isn't it? I won't keep you waiting any longer! Enjoy!
Chapter 7: The Last Battle

Harry had a death grip on Ginny’s arm as his other hand helped explain his plan.

“We’ll all go. Ron and Hermione, you work on the Death Eaters and save Malfoy. I’ll rescue Ginny. As soon as I try to touch her, she should return here to her body, where she’ll be safe. Seeing as we’ve found the last of the Horcruxes, this will be the last battle against Voldemort. We’ll need to get as many on our side as we can; the Order, and the DA.”

When everyone was seated in the Weasleys’ living room, Harry quickly explained the plan to the others. Even Fleur was one of those seated around Harry. The whole house shook as the lot of them Apparatedd to Hogsmeade. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were in the front of the formation.

Harry gave them all a look that said ‘be careful’ before his eyes narrowed as he spat, “Whoever happens to come across that rat, Lestrange-Let either Neville, Lupin, or myself finish her. With us-it’s personal.”

The small army marched up to the castle until they reached the gate. The three were still in front with Harry in the middle, Ron towering over him to his right, and Hermione to his left. All eyes were set on the doors, waiting for their leader’s signal. A sharp cry ripped through the curtain of thick suspense in the air, and a familiar bright red bird landed on Harry’s shoulder. A flash of lightning crossed the dark sky behind them. Lightning, but no sound of thunder. A confident smile crept across Harry’s determined face as he thrust his wand towards the sky to signal everyone for their wands to be at the ready. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Lupin’s wands were pointed at the monstrous door. In one enormous explosion, the door splintered, sending huge shards of wood through a few unlucky enemies on the other side.

Bellatrix Lestrange, Severus Snape, and Lucius Malfoy appeared to be the leaders of the other, considerably large, army. Harry caught the last shard of wood in his left hand and tossed it at Lestrange’s feet.

“I was hoping this one would puncture the empty space where your heart should be,” he spat in disgust.

A crackling laughter split through the air as she shrieked, “Still haven’t forgiven me then, eh, Potter? Hoping to avenge my dear cousin, are you? I suppose you’ll be seeing him soon.”

Harry’s grip on his wand tightened considerably before his voice rang, “I doubt it, and at least my friends are brave enough to show their faces when yours hide behind those masks that none of us fear to look at anyway.”

Lestrange’s eyes narrowed as she snapped her fingers and the Death Eaters pulled off their masks and revealed their true identities.

“Shall we begin then?” she asked, wand pointed at Harry’s chest.

Harry raised his own wand and coolly replied, “Ladies first.”

As soon as Bellatrix Lestrange shrieked, “CRUCIO!”, fifty other curses were set into motion.

Ginny was being dragged around the room as Voldemort paced the Astronomy tower. Why is he so nervous? She snuck a look out of the window after she felt an electrifying shock of lightning strike the tower.

There’s Harry! And Ron! And Hermione! And…oh no…this is it.

“Don't worry, Ginny, our side will surely win. They are outnumbered,” stated Voldemort as he misread her facial expression.

Ginny nodded, smiling evilly, as nervous thoughts raced through her head. She turned back to the window and watched her love dodge curse after curse from the woman who acted like she was her daughter. Ginny was sure she would have died of suffocation from holding in nervous breaths if she still had her body. In one, swift motion, she witnessed her love, her life, her Harry, fall to the ground and twitch in exuberating pain. She could almost hear his screams from the tallest tower of the whole castle. Life slowed down as she watched her laugh repulsively in amusement at his hurting and suffering.

Harry dodged curse after curse, trying to squeeze one or two of his own spells in-between his rapid breaths. Lestrange’s favorite curse took him by surprise, and before he knew it, he found himself on the ground screaming as the pain washed over him. A thousand white-hot blades penetrated every inch of his skin repeatedly, each following the shriek of Lestrange’s piercing laughter.

Ginny watched Harry writhe and scream in agony. Without her body, the only tears shed were the tears on the inside, the healing tears that would have fallen next to her only love if she had a choice in the matter. She eyed his face, feeling his pain spreading through her own soul, and without realizing it, she turned to Voldemort himself and screamed, “STOP IT. PLEASE MAKE HER STOP!”

Voldemort shot a heartless smile at Ginny’s horror-stricken ghost of a face.

“I knew it.”

Ginny turned to the window again.

She’s stopped!

Ginny looked around the grounds. She witnessed her brother yank her best mate out of the way of an incoming curse before kissing her cheek and running off again.

“Hermione!” roared Ron as he threw her out of the way of a killing curse. The curse had missed her by inches. She looked at Ron with a pale face and fearful eyes. As he pecked her on the cheek and sprinted off, praying that it wouldn’t be the last kiss he’d ever plant on her angelic face. My Angel.



The pain suddenly stopped. Harry saw a horror-struck Neville standing behind his torturer’s paralyzed body. He gave Neville a quick nod before running madly up the stairs in search of Voldemort.

The lightning! It struck that tower!

Faster and faster he ran, head pounding, lungs about to burst open, as he made his way over the sea of stairs.



Hermione pulled herself up off of the ground and caught, out of the corner of her eye, Harry making his way up the stairs. She dodged a few spells and jinxes and made her way over to the flight of stairs, taking out whom she thought were Crabbe and Goyle’s parents along the way. She followed Harry, who was so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn’t even realize he was being followed, at a short distance. A single tear ran down her cheek at the thought of the secret plan she had to carry out in a few moments.

He’ll never be gone. Not as long as those who remain stay loyal.

She watched Harry slowly open the trapdoor to the room she despised so much, and closed her eyes, concentrating with all her might.

I am Lord Voldemort. I am Lord Voldemort. I am Lord Voldemort. I am Lord Voldemort.


Harry entered the trapdoor with his wand raised and ran to Ginny. He quickly tried to pull her into a hug, but her misty image, of course, disappeared, exactly as planned.

“This is it, boy,” spat Voldemort

“This is it, boy,” whispered Hermione, inaudible to Harry, from down below.

“Only the end for you, Tom,” Harry smirked at his opponent

“Don’t you dare-”

“Call me that!” hissed Hermione

“Tom Marvolo Riddle,” Harry spat.

Hermione thrust out her wand hand as Voldemort pointed his wand at Harry’s chest.

“I might give you-”

“Mercy,” laughed Hermione, with the blank expression and cold eyes that only came over her in her “special dreams”.

“I won't be needing your mercy,” stated Harry as he aimed his own wand.

CRUC-” shouted Voldemort as Harry easily blocked it; he was getting much better at this.

Avad-” spoke Hermione softly, not actually meaning to go any further than the first two syllables.

EXPELLIARMIUS!” shouted Harry, sending Voldemort’s wand flying out of his hand.

“Kill me-”

“Now, Potter,” Hermione whispered with unknown tears filling her lifeless eyes. She would have to die. Die to save everyone else.

Harry was breathing deeply, thinking. He killed my parents. He killed Sirius. He killed Cedric. He killed Dumbledore. He tried to kill Ginny. As if on cue, Ginny had appeared next to him, obviously having learned how to Apparate since she’d been a Death Eater. Apparently, most of the spells surrounding the castle had been taken off since Voldemort had taken over. He looked at Ginny’s beautiful face. He’s murdered so many people. Finish him, NOW!

Avada Kedavra!” yelled Harry, hatred for Voldemort burning through every inch of his body.

A jet of green light shot out of the end of his wand, and Voldemort fell limply to the floor. Unfortunately, he wasn’t the only one that fell when Harry shouted his curse.

It worked! Ginny ran to Harry and kissed him softly on the cheek. He wrapped his arms gently around her waist and pulled her into a hug he’d been longing to give her. Then another thought occurred to him. “That was too easy.”



Ron fought beside the last person he would have ever thought possible.

EXPELLIARMUS!” bellowed Malfoy as a Death Eater to Ron’s right fell to the muddy ground.

Ron gave Malfoy a quick nod and they continued battling. Soon enough, the pair were the deadliest on the grounds, and a small circle of Death Eaters were surrounding them. The teens stood back to back, turning and facing each opponent.

“Well, it was nice working with you, Ron,” Stated Malfoy.

“Er”you too, M”Draco,” Ron managed to force out of his mouth.

Draco stopped turning when he stood in front of his father. In disbelief, he realized that his own father would want to kill him. His father was, in fact, the first person to speak.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” yelled Mr. Malfoy.

STUPIFY!” shouted Draco, just in time to Stun his father and dodge the curse.

Everything after that was a blur for both Draco and Ron. It was dodge this and that, and yell this curse, Stun this person. Soon it was down to two people that surrounded them. Snape and Wormtail. Draco took Snape as Ron battled Wormtail. After several minutes of dodging and yelling, Draco managed to Stun Snape, and turned to help Ron. Apparently, this was too much for him to handle and the Death Eater Disapparated before either one of the boys could curse him. They looked around the grounds. Many people had fallen. There were still at least twenty-five Death Eaters left compared to his army of fifteen (plus their new ally). He couldn’t see Harry or Hermione anywhere. Ron couldn’t push away the feelings of panic at the thought of something happening to Harry or Hermione. It would just be too much for him to bear. Another curse exploded as it hit the wall behind Ron and Draco, and Ron quickly woke up from his own thoughts. They both Stunned a Death eater to Draco’s right and ran into the battle.

Draco stopped running as a sharp pain ran from his mark through his veins. He looked around and saw others looking at their left arm in horror. It was no longer black, but blood red, and the veins he could see in his arm were no longer blue, but midnight black. He fell to his knees as he felt this poison spread through his body.

“Draco?” asked Ron, bewildered.

“Tell Harry”Tell him I’m sorry for last year,” Draco managed to splutter before he lay limply on the ground.

Ron looked around the grounds. Every Death Eater was on the ground, staring at their left arm. One by one he watched them fall, never to get up again.




Harry shoved Ginny against the wall and covered her with his body as what Muggles described as a shockwave came from Voldemort’s body. He nearly screamed, but kept it inside. When the pain had left him he managed to talk.

“Did you feel that?” Harry asked.

“A little…” said Ginny honestly.

Harry helped her up and stepped down the trapdoor. When her foot reached the bottom, it wasn’t the hard stone floor she was expecting to feel. She looked down and screamed as she fell to the floor. Harry followed her and stared at the body in disbelief.

“Hermione…” he choked, not realizing he was crying.

“HERMIONE!” he yelled in rage.

Memories flooded back to him as he looked into her lifeless eyes and remembered the spark that used to be there whenever she figured something out.

He remembered in their first year how she had saved Ron by remembering that the Devil’s Snare was afraid of sunlight, and how she used good logic to get him past the fire.

In second year she was the one that figured out the mystery that had once lain within the Chamber of Secrets.

In third year, she was the one who helped save Sirius.

She was always behind him when he was competing in the Triwizard Tournament, and helped him with spells he would need.

She fought beside him at the Ministry in their fifth year and helped him out a lot last year.

Harry felt a shaky hand pull him away from her body. He didn’t even realize he had fallen next to her body. He stood up and pulled Ginny into his chest, where they both cried for what seemed like hours. When both of them had composed themselves to just tearing instead of wailing, Harry scooped Hermione into his arms and carried her down the many flights of stairs. Each step he took seemed harder than the next, and each step put more weight on his chest. When he reached the grounds, he looked around at his friends that had fallen to the ground. Lupin and Tonks both lay Stunned at his feet. He stepped over some Death Eaters’ bodies. Kingsley Shacklebolt lay dead near Bellatrix Lestrange, whom he kicked in the side before continuing. Luna Lovegood’s lifeless body was set in front of him. Everything was so automatic. Just keep walking.

He didn’t realize how far across the yard he had come until he nearly ran into Ron. Ron fell to his knees as Harry set Hermione’s limp form against him. Soon enough, her face was covered in salty tears from all three of her best friends, and somewhere in the distance he heard Ron calling, “Hermione, come back, please…”

Harry took one last look around the grounds as he wondered if the whole world was crying right now.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=43453