Scar by Lishkish
Summary: Sequel to Mirror

Harry is seventeen years old, and left unprotected now that Petunia is in Azkaban. The war has really begun, and The order will do whatever it takes to get as many magical races on their side that they can. Follow Harry through his last year at Hogwarts as he meets the new DADA Teacher, the new Quidditch Captain, Goes on a mission for The Order, and much, much more that I won't tell you about, so that while your reading the story you can fall off your chairs in shock. Let's just say this fic is packed with action, and you don't wanna miss it! PLEASE READ AND REVEIW!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 33579 Read: 47559 Published: 12/02/04 Updated: 12/27/04

1. Happy Birthday by Lishkish

2. Left Out by Lishkish

3. The Trouble With Memories by Lishkish

4. Apparition by Lishkish

5. Head Boy by Lishkish

6. Mis-Understandings by Lishkish

7. Maturing by Lishkish

8. The Mission by Lishkish

9. Merry Christmas by Lishkish

10. The Death Of Hogwarts by Lishkish

11. The Curse of Emotion by Lishkish

12. Poena Sententia by Lishkish

13. No Pressure by Lishkish

14. Avada Kedavra by Lishkish

Happy Birthday by Lishkish
Dear Mr. Potter,

We have received notice that today you are seventeen years of age. You are required to attend an Apparition License Test on the 19th of August at 12:00 AM. Enclosed is a book that you may use as a study guide. We expect you to be prepared on the given date to prove you’re ability to Apparate. If you fail, you will be allowed to retake this test exactly three months from the date above. Thanks you, and have a Happy Birthday,

Respectably,
Cortilda Venford,
Head of Apparition License Bureau


Harry stared in disbelief. He had completely forgotten the fact that he would be able to Apparate! He grinned broadly, and stroked Hedwig’s long, sleek white feathers affectionately. He looked further in the envelope, and saw a small, folded booklet. Wonderful, more studying to do, Harry thought with a sigh. But still…to be able to Apparate was something he had wanted to do for a very long time! Just then Ron and Hermione burst in.

“Harry! Did you get your…” Hermione started, and when she saw the letter in Harry’s hand and squealed excitedly and ran to give him a hug, sending her long, bushy brown hair swirling around her head. “You did! Now you AND Ron have yours! Oh, and they sent you both a book! I can’t wait to start reading mine when I get it, I’ve always thought Apparition to be fascinating, haven’t you?” Harry grinned at her and nodded.

“Honestly, I don’t see what’s so ‘fascinating’ about Apparition. I mean, I don’t understand why we have to read a whole book on it!” Ron said fervently, looking disgustedly at the little book.

“Well, Ron, not everybody grew up with their parents Apparating all over the place. If you’ll remember, Harry and I come from Muggle families! It’s all quite new to us,” Hermione said defensively, frowning slightly.

“I don’t see him jumping up and down, chomping at the bit to read the book,” Ron said, smiling at Hermione. Harry shrugged.

“I would be, but ever since I heard about somebody getting…what was it? Splinched?” Harry said, trying to recall. Ron winced, so Harry guessed he had been right. “It didn’t sound too fun to me.”

“Well, those people obviously didn’t read their book!” Hermione said, grinning. Ron shook his head.

“Admit it, Hermione, you're just jealous because your birthday isn’t until September,” he said, sitting down on the bed next to Hermione, who scowled ferociously at him. Harry shook his head, smiling at them.

“I had hoped that you two would stop your bickering if you were dating,” he said. Ron shrugged.

“It’s just habit now, mate,” Ron said, putting his arm around Hermione, who smiled delightedly. “Come on, we’d better get downstairs, mum has baked a cake for you and everything,” he said but then he stopped. “Oh yeah, and it was also supposed to be a surprise. How ‘bout you forget I said that,” he said smiling apologetically. Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Brilliant, Ron,” she sighed.

“Hey, it’s alright, I don’t even remember what you said,” Harry said with a wink. Ron grinned in relief.

“I owe you one mate,” he muttered, slapping Harry on the back as they all followed Hermione out of the room, and down the steps. When they reached the bottom, Ginny ran up to Harry.

“Happy birthday Harry!” she said, her eyes bright. Harry hugged her and kissed her quickly on the cheek. “Come on, there’s something in the kitchen I want to show you!” Harry glanced side-ways at Ron who blushed crimson. Harry allowed Ginny to pull him down the hallway. She smiled brilliantly, and told him to close his eyes. He did so, and Ginny opened the door.

“SURPRISE!” yelled a crowd of people. Harry opened his eyes, and smiled. The Order was jumping out of hiding places, and rushing to wish him a ‘Happy Birthday.’

“Seventeen! What an old man you’re becoming,” Sirius said, patting him on the back. Harry grinned and then feigned throwing out his back. Every body laughed.

“Come, Harry! Cake!” Mrs. Weasley said, bustling over to him. “Here, sit over there,” she directed, and Harry obeyed, seating himself at the head of the long, scrubbed wooden table. Ginny followed and sat down beside him.

“Congrats, Harry!” Fred and George said, elbowing people out of the way to get to him. “Come, have a Butterbeer!” George handed Harry a rather odd looking goblet. He unsuspectingly took a swig. It tasted rather funny, and then, without warning, his entire face aged in a split second. Everybody burst out laughing, but nobody harder than Fred and George.

“Geezer Goblet!” Fred roared over the crowd. “Age your friends and family for only six sickles each! It’s a bargain! Weasley Wizard Wheezes!” Tonks came up and handed Harry a mirror, and Harry laughed too. He had aged at least seventy years! His eyebrows had gone out of control, and were practically crawling towards his nearly bald head. He had a comb-over! But then, with a small popping sound, his face molded back to normal.

“Alright, everyone! Settle down! Arthur, turn out the lights!” Mrs. Weasley shouted excitedly. The lights went out, and only a large chocolate cake could be seen, as if floating in mid-air, seventeen candles ablaze. Everybody started to sing, and Harry couldn’t remember feeling happier. Mrs. Weasley set the cake in front of him.

“Make a wish Harry!” Ginny whispered. Harry stopped and thought. ‘I wish…’ Harry thought even harder. What could he wish for? ‘I wish I could see my parents again’ and with that he blew out the candles. For a second there was total darkness. Harry felt very cold. He was very sad. He frowned, he was very cold. Way too cold too be normal. His bones were cold, his soul was cold. He began to shiver, and memories of sadness overcame him. He heard a faint, high pitched scream. It was becoming louder, louder, so loud he couldn’t stand it. He put his hands over his ears, trying to stop the noise, but the noise was coming from inside his head! Blood trickled out of his ears and over his fingers. He needed to die. He needed to kill himself.

“Lumos,” he muttered, and saw a large knife on the table. Perfect. He dove for it, but strong arms grabbed him.

“Quick, turn on the lights!” somebody screamed.

“They are on, Tonks! Tonks! It’s a Dementor! Quick!” There was rushing as Harry struggled to get to the knife. He MUST die!

“Expecto Patronum!” Remus yelled. Suddenly, as though a bucket of warm water had been dropped over the room, everything was back to normal. The lights flickered back on, and the coldness was gone. Even the screaming was gone. Harry looked around and saw Sirius, Ginny and Arabella Figg were all holding him tightly. His own arm was reaching for the dagger. He withdrew his hand as if it had been burned. He reached up to his ears, expecting to feel blood. Nothing. He looked around. What had happened? A Dementor? They had never affected him like that before.

“Are you alright, Harry?” came a calm voice. Harry turned to see Dumbledore. Harry struggled to find his voice.

“I…what…that couldn’t have been just a Dementor!” he finally choked out. Dumbledore closed his eyes.

“I’m afraid, Harry, that it was. They affect you more powerfully now. Voldemort is as strong as ever, and the Dementors have abandoned Azkaban to go work for him,” Dumbledore said sadly. Harry moved out of Ginny's, Figg’s and Sirius’ grasps. Remus walked up, and handed him a piece of chocolate cake.

“Eat this, it will help,” he said. Harry sat down, and did so. Slowly people started to talk again, but it wasn’t nearly as loud as it had been before. It was almost as if everybody was whispering, which annoyed Harry.

“Harry? Would you like to open your presents now?” Mrs. Weasley asked hopefully, trying to cheer him up. He forced a smile.

“Thanks Mrs. Weasley,” he said, sincerely. She beamed at him, and then brought over a large pile of packages.

“Okay, everybody. Quiet now,” she said. Harry suddenly felt like a little kid (except that he never got this kind of treatment as a kid). Here he was, eating cake and opening presents. It made him feel a little better to know that he meant that much to these people though. He grinned and grabbed the nearest package. He read the card, trying very hard to smile, although his scar was throbbing painfully now. It was from Ginny. He opened the box, and smiled widely. It was the new Quidditch book, he had been wanting it ever since it had come out, but didn’t feel right about buying it for himself. He hugged and kissed Ginny, making her blush.

“Thanks a lot, I’ve been wanting this for so long,” he said. Ginny beamed. He grabbed the next package. It was very small, and very light. He looked for a card, but there wasn’t one. He pulled off the rather boring gray wrapping paper, and inhaled sharply. It was a small, two sided mirror. No, not again! He looked around. Sirius stared at him, shock and fear written all over his face. But just then, Fred and George burst out laughing behind him.

“Gotcha!” they yelled together, doubling over with wails of mirth. Harry grinned.

“Ha-Ha, very funny,” Harry said sarcastically. His heart was beating very quickly, what a scare. He moved on to his next present and then his next, until finally, he had opened all of his presents. Some of the best ones were the self-cleaning dragon hide gloves from Sirius, the speedometer for his broom from Ron, the rather nice scarf that Hermione had made for him, and for sentimental reasons, he also liked the glow-in-the-dark socks that Dobby had gotten him. When he was finished thanking everybody very much for their wonderful party, he went upstairs thinking very hard about the Dementor attack.

He remembered what Ron had asked him about last year. He had asked Harry what he thought Voldemort would do now that he didn’t have any of his mother’s blood to protect him. His only real family member is Petunia, and she is a little busy in Azkaban. Harry had replied without feeling that Voldemort would probably try and kill him. He had been right. Voldemort was ready, and he, Harry was as unready as they came. He closed his eyes, his scar aching, trying to sleep without dreams of Lord Voldemort to keep him awake.



A/N: Yes, I know first chapters are always dumb. Please bear with me, however, as there is MUCH to come that you won't want to miss out on. PLEASE REVEIW!!!!!!!!!
Left Out by Lishkish
Harry woke the next day, tired and groggy. He rubbed his eyes. He had gotten very little sleep, and when he did sleep, he had nightmares of Professor Trelawney, standing in a basin, telling him that he had only two paths in life. One was to die, the other was for Voldemort to die. He sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes. He walked over to the dresser, and put on his glasses.

Since Harry had been living in Grimmauld, he had been given his own room. He found it very nice, not having to sleep in the same room with a snoring Ron. The downside, however, was the fact that his room was right next to Buckbeak’s room, and he often heard scratching noises as Buckbeak tired of being confined in the small room.

He stood up, and walked over to the dresser. He put on his glasses, and then looked in the mirror. He was very tall, and rather skinny. He had rather pale skin, and the brightest green eyes you could imagine. He wore black rimmed, round glasses, and had messy, jet-black hair. He wouldn’t consider himself handsome, but he wasn’t ugly either. His eyes came to rest on his forehead, where a constant, dull pain throbbed almost always. His scar stood out sharper with each pulse. He had grown used to it over the past months, but he still wished there was some way he could rid himself of the pain for even a little while.

Running his hands through his hair in an attempt to tame it, he walked over to a pair of jeans that was lying on the floor. He picked them up and slipped them on, then pulled a tee-shirt over his head. He sat on his bed, and took a deep breath. Why me? he thought. Then he shook himself. He would only depress himself further if he continued to feel sorry for himself. Readying himself, he pasted a tired but content look onto his face, and went down the steps.

“Wotcher, Harry!” Tonks said, as he passed her in the hall.

“Hey Tonks,” Harry said brightly.

“You might wanna hurry, they’re getting ready to eat breakf--OOPS!” she stopped as she tripped over a large wooden chair. She leapt up, grinning. “I meant to do that.” Harry laughed.

“See you,” he said, waving to her. He walked down the steps, and entered the kitchen. It was very quiet, as most of The Order were either at work, or on some mission. Harry sat down next to Ron.

“Morning,” Ron yawned.

“Morning, where’s Ginny?” Harry asked.

“She’s still sleeping,” Hermione said. Harry nodded, and piled eggs onto his plate.

“Good morning Harry, dear,” said Mrs. Weasley, bustling around and cooking. “Would you prefer sausage or bacon?”

“Bacon,” Harry replied through a mouthful of toast. Mrs. Weasley nodded, and moved away.

“You’ll never guess who stopped by to see Sirius this morning,” Hermione said, grinning.

“Who?” Harry asked curiously. Ron laughed.

“Madam Rosmerta!” he said. Harry grinned.

“How did she know how to get here though?” Harry asked.

“Beats me, Dumbledore must have told her,” Ron said. Mrs. Weasley came over and dumped a large pile of bacon onto Harry’s plate.

“Thanks,” Harry mumbled. He heard rustling, and something banging on glass. He looked over at the window and saw a dark grey owl, pecking at the window. Hermione leaped up and let the owl in. It fluttered past her and landed on the kitchen table, scattering silverware everywhere. Ron grabbed the four letters tied to its ankle, and the owl left. Hermione sat back down.

“They must be our Hogwarts letters,” she said. Just then Ginny came down.

“Morning everyone,” she mumbled. Everybody bid her a good morning.

“You’re letter from Hogwarts just got here,” Ron said. Ginny grabbed hers and sat down on Harry’s other side. They all opened their letters. Hermione let out a gasp of delight.

“I’m…Head Girl!” she said excitedly. Then Ginny laughed out brightly.

“Yes!” she exclaimed also very excited.

“Are you a prefect?” Harry asked.

“Oh no, better than that!”

“What’s better than that?” Hermione asked. Ginny grinned wickedly.

Not being a prefect!” she said. She smiled. “I was hoping I wouldn’t get it.” Hermione stared dumb-struck, apparently unable to comprehend not wanting to be a prefect. Harry, still grinning, opened his own letter…he pleaded silently with the parchment. ‘Please don’t make me a Head Boy’ he got his wish. He smiled. He had not wanted to be Head boy after being a Prefect last year. It was too time consuming. They all looked at Ron, who still hadn’t moved or said anything.

“What’s the matter Ron?” Hermione asked.

“Did you get Head Boy?” Ginny said, frowning. Ron shook his head.

“What’s up, mate?” Harry asked, trying to see over his shoulder.

“I’m…Captain of the Quidditch team!” Ron exploded, grinning widely. He pulled out the letter, there was no badge left in the envelope, but another little booklet, very much like the one they were required to study for their Apparition License. Harry’s stomach dropped. Ron was Captain of the Quidditch team?! He pasted a congratulatory smile on his face and slapped Ron on the back.

“Way to go, Ron!” he said. He felt very much like he had two years ago, when Ron had become prefect, and he not. But, like last time, he was not going to ruin Ron’s special moment because of jealousy. Harry couldn’t help it though, he double checked his envelope, and that’s when he saw it. A little piece of parchment, folded neatly. He opened it while the others were talking. It read:

You will understand why, be patient

Harry stared. That ink was bright green, and the writing was very curly and fancy. Was it a message from Dumbledore? But he was interrupted when Mrs. Weasley bustled over, and saw the letters in their hands.

“Well?” she said.

“I got Captain of the Quidditch team!” Ron exploded. Mrs. Weasley beamed ecstatically, and hugged Ron tightly. “Mum, get off. Mum! Hermione got Head Girl too!” Mrs. Weasley then grabbed Hermione. Mrs. Weasley looked expectantly at Harry and Ginny. They said nothing, and then Ginny seemed to realize how idiotic this was.

“Mum! Oh mum, I’m so proud of myself!” Ginny wailed. Mrs. Weasley smiled widely.

“Oh, my little Ginny! You’re a prefect!” she said.

“No, mum! I’m not! Isn’t that wonderful?!” Mrs. Weasley froze.

“What?”

“I’m not a prefect,” Ginny repeated. Mrs. Weasley composed herself.

“Oh! Oh, well, of course I’m still very proud of you,” she said, trying to smile. She turned to walk away, and then reeled back around. “Why not?!” she burst. Ginny smiled and shrugged. Mrs. Weasley sighed, and then looked at Ron and Hermione.

“Congratulations, you two! I’m going to Diagon Ally today, I’ll pick us up something extra, we’ll have another party tonight shall we?” she said, throwing a look at Ginny. Harry groaned inside. Ron and Hermione both grinned, and thanked Mrs. Weasley. Harry felt very upset; he guessed Ron deserved to be Quidditch Captain more than he did. Right? Harry thought to himself, he was better in Ron in Quidditch, right? Harry was very good at Quidditch, so why shouldn’t he be Captain. Did Dumbledore once again think that Harry was going to be too stressed out to handle it? That was most likely it, Harry thought. Dumbledore thought that being Quidditch Captain would be too much responsibility, especially with Lord Voldemort after him. And maybe he was right.

“Are you alright, Harry?” Ron asked. Harry smiled at once.

“Just thinking about last night, you know,” Harry lied. Ron nodded.

“It was tough on us all, mate,” Ron said.

“I’m going to tell my parents, they’ll be so happy!” Hermione said, grinning. “Can I, can I use your owl Harry?” Hermione said, and then she realized that this had happened two years ago. She frowned, seeing how Harry was smiling a little too happily. He was upset, she concluded.

“Yeah, go ahead,” Harry said. Hermione nodded slowly, and took off.

“Up for a game of chess?” Ginny asked Ron and Harry. They both nodded and took off. They spent the rest of the day playing chess, until Mrs. Weasley got back from Diagon Alley.

“Here are your things,” she said, handing them each their own bags and boxes. “And here, are some ‘well done’ gifts,” she said to Hermione and Ron. Ron blushed scarlet, and looked guiltily at Harry. Harry however, smiled encouragingly at Ron, and went to put his stuff upstairs. He was about to go back down when Ginny stopped him.

“I’m sorry you weren’t made Quidditch Captain, Harry,” she said. Harry shrugged.

“Me too, honestly, but I guess Dumbledore knows best. Speaking of Quidditch, are you going to try out for chaser?” he asked. She smiled and nodded. “You’ll be great.”

“Thanks, but I’m really out of practice. Maybe you could teach me some moves?” she said, slightly flirtatiously.

“We could learn them together,” Harry suggested slyly, before bending down to kiss her on the mouth. But just as Ginny started to kiss him back, they were knocked to the ground.

“Oops! Sorry Harry, Ginny,” said Tonks, who was picking herself up off the ground. “I was just sent up to get you, Harry. There are some Muggles outside in the street, calling your name. Now, I’m not too sure about this Harry, but I’m pretty sure it’s your pig of an uncle and his son.”
The Trouble With Memories by Lishkish
Harry couldn’t breathe. Finally, after sixteen years of Hell, he had rid himself of the Dursleys. He had been sure that his hatred for them had been returned, but now they were outside? Searching for him? He gave Ginny an apologetic look, and followed Tonks down the rickety steps.

“Couldn’t hear them the best, but they were making a terrible racket and attracting attention. I had to come and get you,” Tonks said apologetically.

“It’s ok Tonks,” he assured her.

“Dumbledore didn’t want that, if you know what I mean. So I had to come get you, so please don’t be mad at me Harry,” she kept going. Harry shook his head.

“It’s ok Tonks,” he repeated.

“I know how much you hate them Muggle relatives of yours, but I…” Tonks was interrupted when Harry put a hand on her shoulder. She seemed to be very upset that she had interrupted Harry and Ginny’s ‘Quidditch lesson.’

“Tonks, it’s alright! I understand. Honestly, I’ve been expecting this ever since my aunt was sent to Azkaban,” he said, grinning. She nodded, and they continued on. They hadn’t walked very far, and Harry could hear faint yells and shouting, and the voice belonged without a doubt to Vernon Dursley.

“You come out here! I know you’re near here somewhere! Come out NOW!” Vernon roared. Harry burst through the front door, and walked out onto the pavement where Vernon was standing, screaming his lungs out. Dudley was cowering behind him, obviously not wanting to be here at all. Vernon saw Harry, and stormed over.

“WHERE IS SHE?” he roared, marching towards him. He raised his fist, ready to pound it into Harry’s face, but Harry held up a hand.

“I wouldn’t do that, if I were you,” he advised. Vernon stopped and looked around, obviously looking for people hiding in bushes, or behind trees. His face was bright purple, and large pieces of his mustache were missing. He looked like a madman, and that was not comforting to Harry.

“You’ve got people watching us don’t you?” Vernon asked, lowering his voice.

“Hit me and find out,” Harry dared. Vernon flexed his muscles, straining visibly against the urge to knock Harry’s brains out. “How did you find me?” Harry asked, very curiously.

“Do you think I never got curious, boy? Wondering who were writing to all the time? Wondering who on earth would want to write back to you? Well you were wrong if you thought that,” Vernon said icily. Harry glared, outraged.

“You read my mail?!” he yelled, marching toward Uncle Vernon. Dudley gave a terrified squeak. Harry glared at him too. “What do you want? What do I have to do to get you out of my life?!”

“Oh, do you think I’m here for a social call? Do you honestly think I WANT to be here?!” Vernon burst.

“What do you want then?”

“Where’s my mum!” Dudley wailed, speaking for the first time. Harry calmed down then, wondering what their reactions would be.

“She is in jail. A wizard jail. Azkaban,” he said coldly, a small grin playing across his face.

“A wizard jail!?” Vernon hissed, looking around to make sure nobody was listening. “PETUNIA CAN’T BE! SHE’S NOT A… wizard!”

“Yes, she is,” Harry said without pity. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a new life now, a new family, and it does not, and never will, involve you,” he said, turning to leave. Vernon lost control.

“BRING HER BACK! I WANT HER OUT! I WANT THIS MADNESS TO END!” he exploded. Harry shook his head.

“Goodbye, Vernon,” Harry said. Just then, Tonks appeared beside him. She shook her head, and then pulled out her wand. “What are you going to do?” Harry asked.

“I’m going to erase their memories of Petunia. For all they will know, Vernon and her broke up a long time ago, and she lives in America now,” Tonks whispered. Harry stared, suddenly feeling quite sad for the Dursley family. What was he talking about?! This is the family that had been so nasty to him his entire life. But still…erasing their memories? “It won’t hurt them Harry. They won’t even know,” Tonks said, as though she had read his mind. Harry nodded.

“What are you two saying? Who the bloody hell is she?” Vernon said angrily.

“I think I’m going to enjoy this,” Tonks said grinning evilly. She raised her wand. Harry looked away as she did the spell, he didn’t know why, but for some reason, he didn’t want to watch. “It’s okay Harry, I’m done.” Harry turned to look. Uncle Vernon and Dudley were standing stupidly in the middle of the street.

“What are we doing here dad?” Dudley whined. Vernon shook his head, as though trying to rid himself of a bothersome fly.

“I don’t know, son. Excuse me, this may sound a little odd, but…could you tell us where we are?” he said, very confused, to Tonks. She grinned wickedly at Harry.

“Why, of course! You’ve just won a check for $500! For having the most normal life-style in all of Britain,” Tonks said brightly pulling a check out of her pocket. Vernon beamed.

“I knew we’d get it this year for certain, son!” he said excitedly. Harry grinned. “Come on, let’s go out to dinner. How about that new restaurant down the street? Does that sound good to you, Dud?” he asked. Dudley groaned loudly, and began to complain that he didn’t want to go to that restaurant, but the one they had went to last night. “Of course, Dud, that’s fine.” They walked down the street to their car, squeezed themselves inside it, and drove off.

“See, Harry? That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Tonks asked. Harry shrugged.

“Where’d you get that check?” he asked, grinning.

“Oh, conjured it in my pocket, Muggles are so gullible,” she said, walking inside. They both started laughing loudly, and Harry ran to catch up with her.


A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is so short! The next one is very long, and much better. The next one is called Apparition, and the name pretty much explains what its about. PLEASE R&R!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
Apparition by Lishkish
The next few weeks went by quickly for Harry. He spent most of the time either playing chess with Ginny, Hermione and Ron, or reading his Apparition booklet. He was very nervous about the test. He and Ron, who had gotten his letter earlier than Harry, had been quizzing each other on the various rules and such. But, although the book gave when and where you were allowed to Apparate, it didn’t really tell how. Hermione, of course, explained that he wouldn’t be taught how until the actual day, and the test was just knowing what the book had said. Then, to Harry’s relief, Ron took his test. The day of, Ron was very nervous, but when he got back his face was bright with triumph. He had passed.

“Well, it actually wasn’t that bad. Once you take the written test,” Ron explained after showing Harry his new license, “they put you in this waiting room. That’s really the hard part, because you’re all tense and nervous. After awhile, if you passed the written test part, they take you out into this huge field that surrounds the building and teach you how to actually Apparate. They will give you a couple of times to do it yourself, and then, depending on how well you do, they’ll give you your license or not.”

Harry didn’t like the idea of being put in a waiting room, stressing over their final decision. He did pretty well whenever Ron quizzed him, getting most of the answers right, it was the actually Apparating part that was worrying him. What if they gave him the instructions and he just couldn’t do it?

“Harry, you really shouldn’t stress over it. Even if you don’t make it it’s no big deal,” Ginny said comfortingly. “I mean, even Charlie had to take it twice, and he is a really good wizard. I’m sure you’ll do fine though, you do great in everything else.” That made Harry feel a little better, but on the morning of August 19th, he was a nervous wreck.

First, he found that he had quite a bit of trouble putting on his shoes, putting them on the wrong feet. Then after awhile, Mrs. Weasley pulled him aside and informed him that his shirt was inside out. He barely ate anything at breakfast; his stomach was already full with butterflies.

“You’ll be terrific, Harry,” Sirius said, clapping him on the back.

“Thanks Sirius,” Harry muttered. After he had proven to himself that he couldn’t eat any breakfast, Mrs. Weasley bustled over.

“Arthur is going to take you, dear. You should hurry up though, it’s already 11:30,” she said, straightening his shirt over his shoulders. “Are you sure you can’t eat anymore breakfast? You hardly ate anything at all!”

“No, I’m fine,” Harry assured her. She nodded, and then picked up his plate.

“Alright, I’ll go get Arthur and tell him you’re ready then,” she said, hurrying away.

“Are you nervous Harry?” Remus said, walking into the room in a very nice robe. Harry smiled. Ever since Remus had started his own talk show ‘Good Morning Gideon’ he had been a hit. His voice was very calming, and he always had something interesting to say. It was going wonderful, not only could Remus get the message that Voldemort was out to a few more people, he also made considerable amounts of money, allowing himself to eat better and dress better. Harry was happy for him.

“Yeah, I’m a bit nervous,” Harry said, answering Remus’ earlier question. Understatement of the century! Remus nodded.

“I was too, but it’s really not all that bad, and if you do fail, which I doubt, you can always retake it.” Harry nodded. Mr. Weasley walked in, putting on his coat.

“Ready to go, Harry?” he said, winking. Harry nodded and stood up. Ron and Hermione came through the door.

“Good, I thought we might miss you!” Hermione said. “Good luck!” she hugged him tightly.

“Yeah, good luck mate, though I’m sure you’ll pass, no problem,” Ron said, slapping him on the shoulder.

“Thanks guys,” Harry said, grinning.

“Alright then, off we go Harry!” Mr. Weasley said, leaving out the kitchen door. With a last look at his friends, he followed Mr. Weasley.

The drive was surprisingly short, and Harry found himself wishing very much that it was further away, so he would have more time to review the facts in his head.

‘Don’t Apparate in front of a Muggle.’
‘Don’t Apparate in a non-Apparition zone.’
‘Don’t Apparate cross-country after dusk.’

“Alright, this is the place!” Mr. Weasley said, interrupting Harry’s thoughts. Harry got out of the car, and looked around. They appeared to be on a very deserted road. All he saw was a very run down looking gas-station. Other than that, for miles were just grass, a few pieces of junk, and a large tree way off in the distance. It actually made perfect sense to have it here; nobody in their right mind would go in a gas-station in as bad a shape as this one. “Coming, Harry?” Mr. Weasley said. Harry jumped and ran to catch up.

Harry had expected to enter a smelly old gas-station, which was why he was surprised when, as he walked in, he entered a very clean, well organized looking lobby. The room was very prim and rather dull. The carpet on the floor was grey, and the wall was simply painted white. Rather uncomfortable looking chairs lined the walls, and Harry saw some of its occupants looking very nervous. Harry noticed some of them staring at his scar, and he looked away, walking up to the desk situated in a corner of the room where Mr. Weasley stood.

“May I be of assistance?” a very bored looking, middle-aged woman asked in a nasally voice, examining her nails.

“Yes, Harry Potter has come to take his Apparition test,” Mr. Weasley said, grinning proudly at Harry. The woman looked up sharply.

“Harry Potter?” she said, looking interestedly up at his forehead. Then she seemed to catch herself and looked down at her schedule. “Potter…Potter…yes. Follow me, please.” Mr. Weasley waved him goodbye, and then sat down in one of the stiff looking chairs. Harry followed the woman, who sauntered in front of him, turning around every once in awhile to look at his scar. “Are you nervous?” she asked, feeling obligated to make conversation apparently. Harry shrugged. “Right…well, here you are,” she said, pointing to a little cubicle.

Harry saw that there were some other people in cubicles, taking the test, frowning in thought. In the little square was a wooden table and chair. Placed on the table was only quill and ink. Harry took a large breath of air, and went to sit down. “Hold on a second,” she said, and scooted away. She returned shortly with a piece of parchment in her hands. She walked over and set it in front of him.

“When you’re finished, bring the paper back to the front desk. From there, you’ll wait in the room with your father until we have determined whether or not you’ve passed.” Harry nodded, feeling a slight pang. She thought Mr. Weasley was his father. She left him alone. He flipped the paper over and saw that it was double sided. Taking a deep breath, he filled his name and the date, and then set to work.

As Harry had expected, the written test was quite easy, he felt sure he had passed, but was that a good thing? That would mean he would have to go out in that field and try to actually try to Apparate. Sighing, he walked out to the main lobby. Mr. Weasley leapt up and waited for Harry who, after handing his test to the lady at the desk, walked over to him.

“How do you think you did?” Mr. Weasley asked eagerly. Harry shrugged nervously, sitting down.

“I think I did well, but I’m not sure. There was one question I left blank, I couldn’t remember for the life of me!” he muttered in frustration.

“Ah, well,” Mr. Weasley said, sitting back down, “they don’t expect you to get EVERY question right. Just most of them.” Harry nodded. The rest of the time was spent in silence, and Harry nearly leapt out of his seat when the lady stood up from behind her desk.

“Harry Potter,” she said, gaining curious stares. Harry stood up, and all eyes shot to him, he blushed. “Follow me.” Harry did so again, but he wasn’t sure what was happening. Had he passed? Or maybe he had done so badly she needed to reconsider his ever getting his license. She took him down a long hall, and to the last door on the right. She knocked twice, and then opened it. “Mr. Bidell, Here is another one,” and then, not saying another word, she left. Harry stared, his stomach twisting. What was happening? Mr. Bidell was a very tall, skinny man. He smiled warmly at Harry.

“Congratulations, Mr. Potter is it?” he said, looking at Harry’s scar. Harry nodded.

“Excuse me, but does this mean I passed?” he asked tentatively.

“Why of course! What did you think, you were in trouble?” Mr. Bidele asked with a laugh. Harry laughed to.

“No, of course not,” Harry lied. Mr. Bidell finished writing something on a piece of parchment, and then stood up. He was even taller than he had first looked, which was saying something.

“Well, follow me,” he said, leaving the room. Harry followed him out a back door, and into the large field of grass. “Now, Apparate,” Mr. Bidell said. Harry stared, and opened his mouth in shock. Then the man started laughing. “Only joking, oh, it always gets them,” he said through laughs. Harry started a very fake, airy laugh, trying not to strangle the man. “Alright, down to business. I want you to look at that tree, way off in the distance for me.” Harry did as the man said, squinting his eyes to see it better. After a couple of minutes the man said “alright, that’s good. Think you’ve got it in your head now? Can you close your eyes and picture that tree?”

“Yes,” Harry said, closing his eyes and picturing the lonely tree in his mind.

“Alright. Now, I want you to picture yourself by that tree, standing next to that tree. Picture it.”

“I’ve got it,” Harry said.

“That, boy, is how you Apparate,” Bidell said simply. Harry didn’t comprehend.

“But, why didn’t I Apparate then?” he said, confused. Bidell started to laugh again.

“If all you had to do to Apparate was learn how to do it, people all over the world would be doing it illegally. That’s what the problem with Muggle vehicle’s are. There are always illegal drivers because all they have to do is learn how to drive, and their friend could teach them in secret. No, we are smarted than that. You have to drink this to be able to Apparate,” he said, handing Harry a little vile from his pocket. Harry took it, and drank. It was surprisingly good, tasting very much like diluted lemon juice.

“Here,” Harry said, handing the vile back to the man.

“Ok, now try it. Apparate to that tree,” Bidell told him. Harry closed his eyes, and then pictured the tree. After he got the tree in his mind, he pictured himself standing next to it. He waited to feel something, some jerk, or jump, or vibration. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes, and looked at Bidell.

“I don’t feel anything,” Harry said, frowning.

“You aren’t supposed to,” Bidell said, grinning and leaning against a tree. Harry frowned, but then froze. Leaning against a tree? Not a tree, the tree! He had done it! “Very good. I knew you had potential. Alright, let’s try it again. Apparate to that pile of scrap metal over there,” he said, pointing in the direction. Harry scrutinized the pile, picturing it in his mind. Then he pictured himself standing next to it, but just then, as he was thinking about the pile, he became distracted by a sound. Was that coming from near the pile? He opened his eyes, and looked around. Where was he? Then Bidell appeared behind him.

“How did I do that?” Harry asked, seeing that he was nowhere near the pile.

“You must have gotten distracted. Let’s try again,” Bidell said.

For the next fifteen minutes, Harry practiced Apparating. In Harry’s opinion, he had done really well.

“Will this potion ever wear off?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, every three years you have to come and take another potion. Come on, let’s go get your license, you did very well.” Harry grinned, he had done it!

“Thanks!” Harry said ecstatically.

“Did you come with someone?” Bidell asked. Harry nodded. “Why don’t you surprise them? Do you remember what the lobby looks like?” Harry grinned and nodded. He pictured the lobby and a seat in particular, the one he had remember sitting in before he had been called to take the test, next to Mr. Weasley. Then he pictured himself sitting in it.

“AH!” came Mr. Weasley’s yelp of surprise. “Harry! You did it then?” Harry grinned and nodded. “I knew you could do it.” Mr. Bidell appeared right next to them, and handed Harry a piece of parchment.

“You should be proud of him, sir. He did very well,” Mr. Bidell said to Mr. Weasley who put his arm around Harry.

“Do I have to carry this bit of parchment around with me when I’m Apparating?” Harry asked.

“It might be wise at first, but after awhile you can start leaving it at home, as long as you have it handy at home, the authorities can just pop into your house and check that you have it,” Mr. Bidell explained.

“Thanks, then,” Harry said, and he left out the door, followed by a beaming Mr. Weasley. When they pulled into the driveway of Grimmauld Place, Harry decided to Apparate into the kitchen, instead of walk. It was really quite fun. There was a shocked silence, and then everybody started laughing.

“Way to go, Harry!” Sirius said, grinning widely.

“Knew you cold do it,” Tonks said, pulling him into a one-armed hug.

“Thanks, where are Ron, Hermione and Ginny?” Harry asked.

“Upstairs in Ron’s room, they have been a nervous wreck for you the whole time,” Remus said, smiling. Harry closed his eyes, trying to picture Ron’s room, the next second he was standing in the middle of the room, grinning ear to ear. Again there was a shocked silence, but no laughter. Hermione was crying, and Ron had his arm around her, but looked pretty happy to Harry.

“What’s the matter?” Harry asked, walking over to Hermione, frowning. Ron shook his head.

“Krum, the bastard. He, along with the entire Durmstrang clan that’s old enough to use a killing curse joined Voldemort,” Ron said, looking at Hermione.

“I’m such an idiot! How could I not see it?” Hermione said, angrily. Harry saw that it was taking all of Ron’s self-control not to say ‘I told you so.’ Harry shook his head.

“How did you find this out?” he said, sitting down on Hermione’s other side.

“We overheard Dumbledore talking to Snape. They are trying, as you know, to get as many groups on our side, and Snape tried to get Durmstrang and Beauxbaton with us, Beauxbaton joined us, obviously because she liked Hagrid so much, but Durmstrang joined Voldemort,” Ron said.

“Who else do we have on our side?” Harry asked.

“Well, so far, we’ve got some giants, the Goblins believe it or not, and of the course The Order,” Ron said.

“Don’t forget the House-Elves!” Hermione said indignantly. Ron nodded, squeezing her shoulders lightly.

“Yeah, the House-Elves too. Then, on Voldemort’s side he’s got the Death Eaters, Dementors and he’s also got some Giants too. And now he’s got Durmstrang,” Ron said. Harry nodded, frowning.

“So,” Harry said, sighing softly, “We’re pretty much evened up.”

“We’re just waiting now. I hate it, just waiting until the war starts. We need more races on our side,” Hermione said.

“Don’t worry; I’m sure Dumbledore knows what to do. As long as Dumbledore is Head Master, everything will be alright,” Harry said, reassuring himself.


A/N: Finally, the story gets moving!!!!! Please R&R!!! In the next chapter, we get to go on the Hogwarts express, meet the Head Boy, and see who the new DADA teacher is, along with the Care of Magical Creatures Teacher(a huge surprise...i hope) So if u wanna know what happens next, READ AND REVEIW!!! Thanks!
Head Boy by Lishkish
“Harry! Come on! The train is going to leave without us!” came Ron’s voice. Harry leapt out of bed, amazed that it was time to go to Hogwarts already. He grinned; the last month had gone by so quickly. But not much happened, other than Hermione’s birthday, which they celebrated. She got her book on Apparition, much to her delight.

Harry ran to put on his glasses, a sweater, some jeans and a pair of shoes. He pulled his trunk onto his shoulder, and then hurried down the steps.

“Oh, there you are, Harry dear. Everybody is in the car, go on out. I’ll see you at Christmas!” said Mrs. Weasley, pulling him into a tight hug. Harry grinned.

“See you!” he said, and ran to get in the car.




When they pulled up to the Kings Cross Station Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron all piled out of the car.

“Alright, you lot. I have an urgent business meeting with Spinner, I really must be off. I trust you can all manage on your own?” Mr. Weasley said, rushed. They all nodded. “Alright, see you at Christmas then!” and he drove away.

“Come on,” Ginny said, “let’s try and get a compartment to ourselves.” So the group followed her through the crowd.

“Let’s go in twos, shall we?” Hermione said, gesturing towards platforms nine and ten. Harry nodded his agreement, and stepped in front of Ron and Hermione while they ran through the wall. When they were gone, Harry and Ginny started chatting unconcernedly, and the pretended to lean on the wall, where they both vanished. Once they were through, they spotted Hermione and Ron waving them over. Harry and Ginny plowed their way through the crowd and followed Ron and Hermione onto the train.

“Here’s a place,” Ron said, opening a compartment door. They all piled in. Harry put his trunk away, and then went to help Ginny who was struggling. Once their trunks were all taken care of, they sat down, huffing from the effort. Harry leaned his forehead on the window.

“Is everything all right, Harry?” Ginny asked. Harry nodded, and smiled. The truth was, he wasn’t feeling alright. His scar was hurting particularly badly today, which told him that Voldemort was up to something.

“Let’s play of Gobstones, what do you say, Harry?” Hermione said, soothingly. Harry grinned and nodded. That was what he needed, a distraction. They played Gobstones for most of the time, until the lady with the cart of pumpkin pasties, chocolate frogs, and other little snacks came by. They all rushed to buy food, as they were all starving. When they were finished, they piled all of their food next to them, and soon the compartment was littered with wrappers and boxes. Ginny smiled.

“Food,” she said with a sigh. “It’s such a wonderful thing.” Harry nodded, grinning.

“I couldn’t agree more,” Ron said through a mouthful of sweets. Hermione grimaced at his manners, and Ron smiled sheepishly.

“Hey, did you here about Potters aunt? My mother told me all about it. She was sent to Azkaban. I’ll bet she’s happy there, she doesn’t have to deal with Potter now,” said a very loud, unwelcome voice right outside. Harry, Ron, Ginny and Hermione all exchanged looks. Couldn’t they go one year without Malfoy bothering them? Not that Harry was bothered by Malfoy picking on Aunt Petunia, in fact, he preferred it. Crabbe and Goyle opened the compartment door for Malfoy, like the good little slaves they were to him. Harry sat up straighter, glaring.

“Your mum would know, Malfoy,” Hermione said cuttingly, “having most likely been to Azkaban herself.”

“Why you…” Malfoy started towards her. Ron shot up, his wand out.

“Back away now, Malfoy,” Ginny said. Malfoy glared at her.

“You’re all disgusting, you know that? Pathetic, weak…”

“I don’t see our families being lead around on a leash by Lord Voldemort,” Harry said coolly. Malfoy’s eyes crackled with hatred.

“You just wait…you cling to your friends, your god-father, Dumbledore. But what are you when they’re gone? Nothing, that’s what. Dumbledore won’t be around forever, Potter. In fact, I doubt he will live out the school year,” he said.

“Be careful what you say Malfoy,” Harry warned. Malfoy snorted.

“Like you could…” he started, but Harry cut him off.

“I could. Do you think you’re stronger than Voldemort? Do you think that? If you do, then maybe you should keep talking, but if you’re not, then maybe you should remember that I’ve beat Lord Voldemort for the last six years.” That seemed to shut Malfoy up. “I’m ready Malfoy, any time you want to test your skills.”

“Well, I hate to break it to you, but I came here for mare than a nice little chat. I came to talk to the Mud-Blood,” Malfoy said, watching Ron’s face contort in rage.

“That’s it!” Ron yelled, raising his wand.

“Wait,” Hermione said, pulling Ron’s wand down. She looked at Malfoy curiously. He had never wanted to talk to her before. “What do you want?”

“Oh, aren’t we a curious one? But haven’t you heard the Muggle saying? Curiosity killed the…”

“Malfoy, if you don’t say what you need to say in five seconds, I will blast your head off,” Ron said, shaking with anger. Malfoy grinned.

“Very well. I came to get you, we have to sit in a different compartment,” Malfoy said, smiling widely. Hermione frowned.

“Why?” she asked.

“Well, the Heads always do,” Malfoy said simply. Hermione glared, searching his robes.

“What?! You’re…”

“Head Boy. Isn’t it grand?” Malfoy said, pulling his badge out of his pocket and pinning it on the front of his robes. “I knew the Head Girl would be you. I think we’ll have fun together. Don’t you?” Hermione was at a loss for words. Malfoy was Head Boy?! There had to be a mistake, nobody in their right mind would make Malfoy head boy! Ron shook his head.

“She’s not going,” he said simply. Hermione still didn’t move.

“I’m afraid it’s the rules. And Hermione Granger never breaks the rules,” Malfoy said moving towards her. Ron grabbed Hermione’s arm and pulled her behind him.

“She’s-not-going!” Ron yelled. Malfoy advanced.

“Ron, I have to,” Hermione said, moving out from behind him. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” She put a hand on her shoulder, but Harry could see that she was scared.

“Yeah, Ron,” Malfoy said. “There’s no need to worry. I’ll take good care of her.” Harry, Ginny, and Ron all moved to get at Malfoy, but Crabbe and Goyle shoved them back.

“STOP IT!” Hermione yelled, getting angry. “I can take care of myself, Ron. I’m a big girl now. I am no idiot, and if he tries anything,” Hermione said pointedly at Malfoy, “I will be sure to remove any chance he has at having kids.” Ron fumed, picking himself up off the floor.

“Hermione…” he started. “I’m going with you then.”

“No! It’s against the rules. I must say, I’m hurt at your lack of confidence in me. I’ll see you as soon as we’re finished up,” she said, and left shaking slightly. Malfoy grinned tauntingly at Ron before following her.

“DAMN!” Ron yelled, furiously, slamming his fist into the wall. “I swear to god, if lays a hand on her, I’ll kill him.” Harry nodded his agreement. The rest of the journey they sat in silence, with Ron brooding and speaking only to complain about how long it was taking Hermione and Malfoy. At one point, he said he was going to check on her, but Harry and Ginny convinced him to sit down.

“She’ll explode at you Ron. She’s right; you need to have more confidence. She can take care of herself. I’ve never met a witch who was as smart and good with a wand as her,” Ginny said, patting Ron on the back. Ron put his hands on his face.

A little while later, just before the train stopped at Hogwarts, Hermione came back. Ron leapt out of his seat, running to her, and checking for bruises or something apparently.

“What happened? Are you alright? Did he touch you?” Ron said furiously. Hermione brushed him off.

“I’m fine Ron,” she said crisply. He looked into her eyes, probing. She smiled. “I think I love you,” she said. Ron’s eyes widened, and then he kissed her, right in plain sight of anybody passing their compartment.

“That’s a relief, because I love you too!” he said, grinning.

They all got out of the train, and Harry stopped. He wanted more than anything to hear Hagrid’s voice calling the first years. Instead, however, Professor McGonagall called them, obviously having taken care of the first years this time. That got Harry thinking. Who was the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher going to be this year?

“Coming, Harry?” Ginny asked, taking his hand.

“Yeah, yeah I’m coming,” he muttered. As soon as they entered the Great Hall, Harry scanned the staff table, looking for new faces. He saw none. Could that mean they were late? Or had they not found people for the jobs yet? The group went to find seats together, and sat down, waiting for the sorting to be over. It seemed to take forever, and by the time “Zoleni, Catherine!” was made a Slytherin, Harry’s stomach was growling. Dumbledore stood up.

“Welcome, to another year at Hogwarts! Now, I had a very long, three scroll speech prepared, specifically for this occasion!” he said smiling. There were some moans, but Harry grinned. “Last night, however, I accidentally sent it, instead of the check I owe a friend.” Everybody laughed loudly. “So all that is left, I will leave till after we have eaten. Let the feast begin!” There was applause and cheering as the golden dishes piled themselves high with food.

After they were all fed, and feeling very groggy, Dumbledore stood up again. Everybody fell silent.

“I trust you enjoyed your dinner?” There were loud claps of approval. “Excellent. Now, first, I would like to explain to students, new and old, that the Forbidden Forest is not to be entered at any time.” There was silence. “Next, I would like to introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher,” there was suspense in the air. “Severus Snape!” Last year, Harry would have been disgusted to hear this, but since Sirius’ return from the past, Snape had been, well, bearable. There was a pause while Dumbledore surveyed the students. “I’m not sure if you know, but last year, we had a staff member taken from us. He died bravely in battle. He was our own, Rubeus Hagrid.” There was a shocked silence throughout the great hall, and many people burst into tears. Others, like the Slytherins, all sniggered quietly. Harry began shaking, refusing to look at Malfoy. “We must remember his always, never let the impression he made on you be taken. Whether the impression was good, or bad,” he said, looking directly at the Slytherins. Malfoy stopped smiling. “We have, however, found somebody to take over the position of Care of Magical Creatures teacher. May I recognize… Argus Filch!”
“No…” Harry muttered, along with the rest of the school. Filch?! Teaching a class?!



A/N: Please READ AND REVEIW!!!
Mis-Understandings by Lishkish
A/N: Alrighty, I just wanted to thank everybody who has reviewed my story!!!!! You guys are all that and a bag of chips!!!!! When I see your reviews it seriously makes my day! Keep'em comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda





Still in shock, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny walked slowly up to the Gryffindor Common Room.

“Dumbledore’s lost it,” Ron said after a long silence.

“Ron, don’t be silly. Dumbledore knows exactly what he’s doing,” Hermione said defensively.

“Oh, so now you’re Filch’s biggest fan?” Ron said sharply.

“I didn’t mean that and you know it. Honestly Ron. You’re impossible!” Hermione said, while Ron shrugged.

“I try,” he said, grinning at her and putting his arm gently around her.

“I know,” Hermione said, snorting. Harry and Ginny shared bemused looks.

“What are you two smirking at?” Ron said playfully to Harry and Ginny.

“Well,” Harry explained with a grin, “we want to make sure that when the fist fight breaks out, we’re nowhere near you two.” Hermione laughed, punching Harry on the shoulder.

“How about a game of chess before bed?” Ginny suggested. They all agreed, and Ron went to get his chess set. About an hour later, they were all cracking up with laughter as Ginny’s knight smashed Harry’s pawn into the board. Hermione, however, stopped laughing suddenly and looked down at her watch. Ron looked at her.

“You alright?” he asked concernedly. She quickly recovered her composure.

“Yes, I just forgot something in the Great Hall. I need to go get it,” she said hastily, standing up.

“I’ll go with you,” Ron said, also standing.

“No!” Hermione said, a little harsher than necessary. Ron stopped, looking at her suspiciously.

“Where are you really going?” he said, his brows furrowed.

“Where I go is none of your business Ron,” Hermione said sharply. He reddened angrily.

“Hermione...”

“Ron! Will you quite acting like you own me? I’m out of here. I’ll see you all later,” she said, her face furious. Ron moved to stop her but she ran out the portrait. Nobody moved for a long time. Harry looked at Ginny questioningly, wondering if she knew what was going on with Hermione. She shrugged.

“Come on, Ron. It’s been a long day, she’s just stressed out is all,” Harry said soothingly, coming to stand next to his best friend.

“Do I act like I own her?” Ron said forlornly. Harry shrugged.

“Not that I know of, but then again, I’m not a girl, and I really have no idea what goes on in their heads,” he said, remembering how complicated Cho Chang had been.

“Women, I’ll never understand them,” Ron was saying. “Crazy as...”

“AHEM!” Ginny said loudly. Both boys jumped, and Ron and Harry grinned sheepishly. Ginny glared at them.

“Well, you’re a girl,” Ron said. “Do you think I’m overly possessive of Hermione?” Ginny frowned in thought, and then shook her head slowly.

“No, I just think you care about her,” she said. Harry nodded his agreement. Ron stared at the carpet for a very long time, and then looked up determinedly.

“I’m going after her,” he said walking angrily towards the door. Ginny ran after him.

“Ron! Ron, don’t mess things up further! If you follow her she’ll...” but Ron turned around sharply, glaring at her.

“Stay out of this Ginny! This is none of your damn...” Harry grabbed Ron’s shoulder calmingly.

“Don’t take your anger out on Ginny,” Harry said firmly. “She was only trying to help.” Ron opened his mouth to apologize, and then saw Ginny’s hurt face and closed it, feeling terrible. He left out the door, not knowing what to think.

Ron walked down the long, empty corridor. He tried to be very quite, as he didn’t want to run into Filch or Mrs. Norris. He was just about to turn the corner when he heard a voice. He stopped, listening carefully. It was Malfoy.

“Listen, Granger. If we’re going to patrol the halls you’re going to have to keep your hands off me,” he was saying. “I know how much you crave to be with me, hell, who wouldn’t after dating Weasley?” Ron’s heart thumped loudly. Hermione couldn’t keep her hands off Malfoy? Perhaps he was just jumping to conclusions because he was mad. He had to know.

As quietly as he could, he poked his head around the corner, and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. They were kissing, rather heatedly it seemed. He turned back around, feeling sick. Was he really that bad of a boyfriend? Was she so desperate that she wanted to kiss Malfoy? He started back, his heart in his shoes.



Hermione struggled, and then brought her knee straight up between his legs. Malfoy grunted and let go of her.

“Don’t you ever touch me again!” Hermione spat, kicking him.

“You bitch!” Malfoy rasped.

“And don’t you EVER talk about Ron like that in front of me again!” she yelled. “Now get up! Before I change your religion!”

“You might be smart Granger, but in the end, Voldemort will triumph, and your big brain won’t mean anything,” Malfoy said, still wincing.

“At least my brain isn’t between my legs,” she said disgustedly. “Now, let’s go, I want this patrol to be over with.”



Harry and Ginny both looked up anxiously as somebody entered. It was Ron. Harry leapt up coming to him. He saw Ron’s face, and knew that something really bad had happened. Ron never got very upset about anything, having the ‘emotional range of a teaspoon’ as Hermione often put it.

“Are you alright?” Ginny asked urgently, coming up to him. Ron said nothing.

“Ron, what the hell happened?” Harry asked. Ron still didn’t speak. Instead, he walked straight past them and up to the boy’s dormitory. Harry looked at Ginny.

“Go up there with him. He won’t talk to me, he’ll talk to you,” she said.

“Right,” Harry said, and he kissed Ginny goodnight before heading up the stairs after Ron. “Ron? Ron!” Harry called. He saw him as soon as he walked into the room. Ron was sitting, fully dressed, on top of the bed. “Come on, mate! What happened? Is Hermione alright? Are you alright?” he went to sit next to him. Ron looked at him, his face quite melancholy.

“No,” was all he said, and Harry noticed that his eyes were beet red. Had he been crying? “I went to find Hermione.” Harry waited for Ron to continue.

“Yes...” he urged after Ron still said nothing.

“She was patrolling with Malfoy,” Ron said disgustedly. Harry shrugged.

“So?”
“They were kissing.” Harry nearly fell off the bed in shock.

“Are...are you sure that was Hermione? I mean, it could be somebody else,” he said. Ron shook his head. Harry couldn’t believe it. He just couldn’t. Hermione and Malfoy? He didn’t know what to think. He wondered if he should ask Hermione about it. He snorted to himself. That would be an interesting chat. ‘So Hermione, how’s the snogging with Malfoy going? Tell me, who is better, him or Ron?’ He turned his attention back to Ron.

“You wanna know what the worst part is though?” Ron said, his voice cracking now.

“What?” Harry said sadly. How could Hermione do this to Ron?

“The honest to god truth is, I did my best. I loved her as much as I could. I was the best boyfriend I could be. It came so easy. I love her Harry. I gave her everything I had.” A tear ran down Ron’s face. “I gave her everything I could give... and it wasn’t enough.”




The next day dawned bright and sunny. Harry got dressed quickly and put on his glasses. He looked around and saw that Ron was gone. He hurried down the steps, and Ginny was waiting for him. She looked very sad, but when she saw him her face brightened. She looked at him quizzically, asking silently what had been wrong with Ron. He took her to one side of the common room and, after making sure that neither Ron nor Hermione were in the room, he began to explain what had happened. When he finished, Ginny was in shock.

“Do you really think Hermione could have done that?” Ginny asked.

“I don’t know...it doesn’t seem like her, but Ron said he was positive it was her...and I believe him. He wouldn’t have been that upset if he wasn’t sure,” Harry said sadly. “I want so bad to see Hermione’s side of it, but if she gets mad at Ron for trying to help her, she’ll definitely chew me out.” Ginny nodded sadly.

“Come on, let’s get some breakfast,” Ginny said. Harry nodded and they went downstairs. Breakfast was a very quite meal, and as soon as Hermione sat down next to Ron, he muttered something about having to go to the bathroom, and left the table. Hermione looked curiously at Harry and Ginny, but they avoided meeting her eyes. Hermione obviously was hurt, seeing that they were keeping something from her. She averted her gaze as Harry, to have something to do with his hands, got out the schedule.

He scanned it, and nearly groaned when he saw that his first class was Care of Magical Creatures, and then Defense Against the Dark Arts. After lunch was Charms and then Transfiguration. He sighed, putting the schedule back in his pocket. Since Harry decided that Ron probably wouldn’t come back to the table, he got up and went to class early. Hermione said that she was going to stay and wait for Ron, and Harry suppressed the urge to explain that Ron wasn’t coming back.
As Harry walked through the crowd of students milling around, he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Hermione had seemed so genuinely confused at breakfast. He had to tell her. Even if she would hate him forever either for spilling her secret, or making a false accusation, her cared about her as a friend too much to let this continue.



He walked to Care of Magical Creatures by himself, feeling very depressed. A class with Filch? A few minutes later the rest of the class started arriving, including Ron and Hermione, both looking very miserable.

“Alright!” Filch called, coming to stand in front of the students. “I am your new teacher! No longer just a care-taker. I now have the ability to take points and give out detentions!” he said, looking around as if expecting applause. A few people raised there eyebrows. “Now then. Today we are going to study Kneazles!” he said triumphantly. Just then Mrs. Norris stepped out from behind a tree. Many of the students let out gasps of disgust. “Who knows what a Kneazle is?” Filch asked. Hermione, of course, raised her hand. Filch grinned evilly. “Just taking a poll,” he said, not allowing her to answer. Hermione glared and put her hand back down. Mrs. Norris purred loudly as she wound around Filch’s legs. “This,” he said, reaching down to pat her on the head, “is a Kneazle!” The class gasped. Even Harry was surprised. Mrs. Norris was a Kneazle? But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Filch then took off, telling them all about Kneazles. Harry rolled his eyes. It figures that Filches lessons would be learning about Mrs. Norris. Harry tried the rest of the class to catch Ron’s eye, but Ron seemed very determined not to look at anybody. After Filches class, they went off to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“This should be interesting,” Harry muttered to himself as he followed the rest of the students back inside. Once inside the room, Harry looked around. Snape had decorated it much like his other classroom. It had bottles of pickled animals and slimy substances. But he had added a few sneak-o-scopes to the shelves, and also had a large snake in a glass container on a high shelf.

“Welcome, class,” Snape said, smiling widely. “In addition to my Potions class, this year, I will also be teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts,” he said, relishing in the sound of his new announcement. A few people sniggered, as everybody knew that Snape had been trying to become Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher or years. Harry thought he knew why Dumbledore had let him on this year. Snape had turned over a new leaf, and wasn’t as horrible to Harry as usual. Last year, Harry had discovered that Snape had loved his mother, and that explained his hate for Harry, being James’ son. Also, when Sirius had come back, Snape had realized how horrible he had been. Sirius and Remus being the only true Marauders left, Snape realized that most of his years at Hogwarts had been spent with them, even if they were always fighting.

“Please put your wands away, as we will be reading this first week,” Snape said. There were some groans. Snape grinned; obviously his love for torturing certain students hadn’t vanished completely. “That does not mean, however, that we will be reading out of a book all year. Just this first week.” Some people nodded in acceptance. Harry got out his book, and opened it. “Please begin chapter one. My method will be as follows; one week we study the spell we are to learn, the next week, we actually perform it.” Harry hated to admit it, but it seemed logical. “Please read chapter one,” Snape said, and went to sit behind the desk, grinning in delight at his new classroom. Harry turned to the first page and began to read.

“Hey! You!” somebody said. Harry leapt a foot in the air.

“What was that, professor?” Harry asked, looking at Snape. Snape glared at Harry.

“I didn’t say anything, Potter,” he said, looking oddly at him. “Did you hear something?” he asked, looking alarmed. Normally, when Harry heard voices, it wasn’t good. Harry shook his head, but it was obvious that Snape didn’t believe him.

“Boy! Are you deaf? Come, on! Up here!” Harry looked up, seeing the shelves and nothing but some sneak-o-scopes and the old snake. Then Harry did a double take...the snake was waving at him with its tail! “There we go,” it said, practically smiling. “Remember me? From the zoo?” Harry’s eyes widened. He looked around to make sure nobody was looking, and nodded.

“How did you get captured again?” Harry hissed quietly. A few people looked at him; obviously they thought his was just making odd noises out of boredom or something.

“Damn zookeeper, he caught me, and was going to kill me! This one bloke though, a huge guy I tell you. Named Hardig, or something. He bought me out of pity.” Harry nodded, not wanting to speak in parsel-tongue again. Harry spent the rest of the class talking to the snake. And when he left the room, he realized that he hadn’t read one word of the chapter. He shrugged, he would read it later.

The rest of the day flew by, and Harry wasn’t able to speak to Ron or Hermione, as they both avoided everybody, including him. Back in the common room, Harry sat alone. Ron was upstairs, and Harry didn’t want to bother him. Hermione still hadn’t come back yet. Maybe she was out ‘patrolling’ with Malfoy again. He decided to stay up and wait for her. He had to approach her. Just as he thought this, she came through the portrait hole, looking very tired. Harry leapt up.

“Hermione, I need to talk to you,” Harry said urgently.

“Oh, NOW you want to talk to me! Well, you and Ron have been avoiding me all day, I don’t think I want to talk to YOU!” she said sharply and walked past him.

“No, Hermione I need to ask you something. Ron is very upset,” Harry said. Hermione stopped.

“Oh, so he’ll tell you why he’s upset, and not me?!” she practically bellowed. Harry grabbed her arm and dragged her over to a couch.

“Ok, I’m going to ask you something, promise you won’t get mad?” She rolled her eyes, but Harry continued on. This had to be done. “Did you kiss Malfoy last night?”



A/N: I hope you didn't mind this chapter focusing a little more on Ron and Hermione! Don't worry, the next one is back on track, and we get to see the Quidditch tryouts! Will Ginny make it on the team? The more reviews I get the faster you'll get the next chapter! SO PLEASE R&R!!
Maturing by Lishkish
Hermione’s eyes filled with tears. Harry thought she was cheating on Ron! That explained perfectly why Ron had avoided her like the plague all day. She remembered the devastated look on his face. Then she thought of something.



“Did you two follow me or something?” she said indignantly.



“Of course not,” Harry said reassuringly. Hermione smiled, relieved. “Just Ron followed you.”



“WHAT?!” Hermione said outraged.



“Hermione, listen. You shouldn’t get so worked up over things like that. Ron isn’t being possessive, he loves you. I know that if I thought that Ginny was keeping something from me, I would want to make sure that she wasn’t in any danger,” Harry confessed. “How would you react?” Hermione stared, and she looked at her feet, slightly ashamed.



“I would do exactly what he did,” she admitted sadly. “I guess I have been a little insensitive. It’s just...things have been tough with Malfoy being Head Boy and...” she broke off, laying her hands in her head. Harry was her best friend, and if she didn’t tell him something, he and Ron would continue to think that she had cheated on Ron. Harry put a hand on her shoulder as he saw her struggling with her emotions.



“Come on, Hermione. You can tell me, can’t you? We’re best friends!” he said giving her a slight squeeze. She hugged him.



“If I tell you, you can’t tell Ron. You must promise me,” she said urgently. Harry nodded. “That night...when Ron saw me kissing Malfoy...it was the other way around,” Hermione looked at Harry, trying to convey her meaning. What she saw in his face scared him. It was fury.



“Are you telling me,” Harry began, shaking slightly, “that Malfoy...forced himself on you?” Hermione blushed, looking away quickly.



“Don’t tell Ron. He would start trouble that I don’t want.”



“You can’t just leave him in the dark, Hermione!” Harry said, angrily. She nodded.



“I just...how do I tell him without him blowing up at me?” she muttered miserably. “I love him so much Harry. I don’t want to risk his getting hurt. You know he would go after Malfoy, and what if Malfoy hurt him? I could never live with myself,” she whispered. Harry nodded, understanding.



“You still have to tell him,” Harry said. Hermione nodded, he was right. The only way their relationship was going to work was if they were completely honest to each other. “Go,” Harry said firmly, giving her a friendly hug.



“You’re a good friend, Harry. Thanks,” she said, and she turned to walk up to the boy’s dormitory, but saw that somebody was blocking her way. Harry saw the reason for stopping and looked to see that Ron must have been listening the whole time. Ron was crying, and Harry’s heart went out to him. Time seemed to be frozen as Harry and Hermione waited for his reaction. He walked slowly down the stairs, and pulled Hermione into a hug.



“You should have told me,” he rasped.



“I’m sorry Ron. I’m really sorry. I just...” she began, but Ron interrupted her by placing his mouth over hers.



“I will never let anybody hurt you ever again,” Ron swore through their crushing kiss. “Promise me, you have to promise that you won’t ever lie to me again. Please...promise me?” he begged.



“I promise,” she murmured. “Ron, please don’t confront Malfoy.” Ron looked at her sadly.



“You know I can’t do that,” he said.



“Ron, if you do...” she began flustered.



“If I don’t he might try it again. I would rather have my ass kicked by him than think that he is taking advantage of you during patrols,” he said, putting his arm on her shoulder. “As you once told me, have faith.” Hermione nodded, and rested her head on his shoulder. Harry cleared his throat loudly. They both grinned at him. Hermione looked up at Ron. “I need some sleep,” she said. “I love you.”



“I love you too. Goodnight,” he said, and after another warm embrace, she ran up the steps. Ron turned to Harry, his smile vanished. Harry glared at the floor.



“Ready?” Harry asked. Ron nodded.



“Let’s go,” Ron said, and together they walked out of the common room. It wasn’t long before they spotted Malfoy walking back to his common room after the patrol. Ron glanced at Harry, who nodded. They hid, and as soon as Malfoy turned the corner, Ron grabbed him and slammed him against a wall.



“What the bloody...” Malfoy began, struggling, but Ron held fast.



“Shut it Malfoy, or I’ll turn you inside out!” he snarled.



“She told you didn’t she?! That sneaking, little...” but again Malfoy was interrupted as Ron whipped out his wand. Harry also pulled his out.



“Don’t you ever touch her again,” Ron warned. Malfoy shrugged.



“She wasn’t that good of a kisser anyways. So, are you going to get your revenge, Weasley?” Malfoy asked, arrogant even when cornered against the wall. Ron pressed his wand close against Malfoy’s throat. Harry looked at Ron, waiting for him to do something. Malfoy gulped loudly, obviously terrified. Ron slowly put his wand down. Malfoy watched in amazement.



“If I hear so much as a whisper about you mistreating Hermione again, I will rip you apart,” Ron said. Malfoy nodded nervously, and as Ron moved away from him, he ran away towards his common room. Harry grinned, slapping Ron on the back.



“Good job, mate. My little Ronnikins is finally growing up!” he said. Ron glared. “What made you stop?”



“When I asked Hermione to have faith in me back there, I meant ‘have faith that I will beat Malfoy up without losing.’ I should have meant, ‘have faith that I will do the right thing.’” Ron said.



“Man, you’re starting to sound like a girl. All confusing and emotional. You’re not going to start crying are you?” Harry said. Ron thumped him on the shoulder.



“Come on. We’d better get to bed. Quidditch try-outs are tomorrow,” Ron said. Harry nodded, feeling a slight pang as he remembered that Ron was Quidditch Captain.



“Yeah,” Harry said, trying to sound normal. They walked back to the Common Room in silence. When they entered, Hermione was sitting on the couch, apparently waiting for them. As soon as she saw Ron she stood up. They stared at each other for a long time, and then she smiled.



“I knew you would do the right thing!” she exclaimed and ran to hug Ron. Harry laughed.



“Well, I’ll see you two love birds later. I’m going to bed,” he said. They nodded distractedly and Harry went upstairs.



The next morning he woke early to Ron’s voice; “WAKE UP!!! Quidditch tryouts! Come on!” he called excitedly, already fully dressed. Harry wanted to groan and roll back over, falling asleep again. He realized how much this meant to Ron, however, and he sat up. He reached over to the bedside table and put on his glasses. He grinned.



“Ron, you have your shirt on backwards,” he informed him. Ron looked down at himself and realized that he had indeed put his shirt on backwards. He fixed it quickly, and then looked impatiently at Harry, who put on his shoes at last, and left with Ron.











“Alright! Er...well...welcome to the Quidditch try-outs,” Ron was saying uncomfortably to the large crowd of people. Behind him stood Harry, Katie Bell and the two idiots they had gotten as Beaters last year. They were all that was left of the Quidditch team. “Well, you all know why you’re here...hopefully,” Ron added after seeing the confused looks of the Beaters. “Ok you lot,” Ron said to the small crowd, “I want you each to take turns, alright? We’ll do a sort of mini game. I am going to Keep, and you will try and score against me with Katie. I’d like the rest of the team to fly around and kind of...see which people they think are the best. This is a team, and I want everybody to be involved in picking who will fit in the best.” When Ron finished, Harry grinned at him. He seemed to fall nicely into the role of Quidditch Captain. Harry caught Ginny’s eye, and winked flirtatiously at her. She grinned and winked back.



The first boy, Kennedy Largus, was a very stocky boy, with short blonde hair. He seemed to be very nice, but seemed very clumsy on his broom. Harry didn’t really feel he was up to snuff. The next one, another boy named Colin Malcin was extremely good, but very haughty. He kept looking showing off to all the girls, sometimes making him forget that there were other people on the team. Next was a very slender girl with long brown hair, her name was Sam Flasworth and she was pretty good. After her came a boy with longish hair, and very crooked teeth. He was very good, and Harry had to admit he was the best so far, that is, until Ginny Weasley mounted her broom. She hadn’t been half bad as a Seeker, but as Chaser she was phenomenal! She was the best, hands down. Harry could tell that he wasn’t the only one that thought so, Katie was very impressed, and the two were laughing together after a few shots. Well, it was obvious that she would fit in with the team.



About a half-hour later, the team landed on the soft ground, sweating and laughing.



“Ok, I’ll send you all owls over Christmas break. Thank you all for coming,” Ron said. He turned to Harry and Ginny. “How was I? Am I a good Quidditch Captain?” he said anxiously. Harry and Ginny laughed.



“You were spectacular, Ron,” Ginny said. Harry nodded his agreement. Hermione ran up, and they all started to walk back to the castle. Then, from behind a large tree, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle stepped out, smirking.



“Well, well. If it isn’t the new Quidditch Captain. I see you didn’t injure any players too bad, did you have to have Potty help you? Or didn’t he even know how to ride a broom correctly,” Malfoy said.



“Shut up,” Ginny said. Malfoy opened his mouth to say something but Harry gave him a deadly, warning look as he put his arm around Ginny.



“What are you doing out here anyways?” Ron snapped, trying very hard to control his temper.



“None of your business Weasley,” Malfoy said. Hermione bristled. “Uh-oh. Am I touching a nerve Granger? I seem to remember touching more than your nerves the other night though. Want to go again? You weren’t a bad kisser...for a Mudblood.” Hermione watched Ron, who was shaking now, gripping his wand tightly. He looked pleadingly at her.

“Please?” he asked, wanting so badly to attack Malfoy. Hermione grinned.



“Alright, but just this once,” she said and she, Harry, Ginny and Ron all pulled out their wands. All three Slytherins gulped loudly, now they were in for it. Harry opened his mouth to yell a curse, but he froze. He nearly fell over in shock. Standing behind a tree, staring at them all, was a large, black, shaggy dog. It was almost smiling, it barked and caused Ron. Hermione, and Ginny to look too. Hermione gasped. What was Sirius doing here?!


A/N: Ok...the Ron/Hermione side trip is over...moving on to better, far more interesting stuff. We're getting excrutiatingly close to the character death...SOBBING...and I hope you all won't kill me too much! The next chapter is the chapter right before it so...be prepared. IT'S A TEAR JERKER!!!!!! Then after that chapter...we move right into some major ACTION. Just thought I'd give you that little overview. Thanks to all who review and please keep them coming.
The Mission by Lishkish
Harry looked side-ways at his friends. The dog barked, and Harry jumped...Sirius! He was jumping up and down slightly, panting happily and wagging his tail. He barked again. Harry turned back to Malfoy and his cronies, but they were off, running back towards the castle, looking back terrified. Ron moved to go after them, but Harry put a hand on his shoulder.

“Sirius,” he said. Harry started walking over to the dog, whom barked again, grinning widely at Harry. He started pacing back and forth.

“What’s that, Lassie?” Ron said jokingly. Sirius barked irritably. “What? Somebody’s stuck in a thirty-foot well, and wearing blue shoes with a brown suite?!” Ron said aghast. Sirius jumped on him, nearly knocking Ron over. Harry laughed.

“Come on, he wants us to follow him,” Harry said. Sirius began trotting away. Harry looked around nervously. What if Malfoy had gone to get a teacher or something? This had better be important for Sirius to risk himself so openly. They walked on, and they started to realize where Sirius was taking them.

“Sirius,” Hermione said nervously. “Why are we going into the Forbidden Forest? It’s off limits!” Harry was sure he heard Sirius give a little snort. Hermione, ever the rule-follower, seemed to notice too and glared. They followed along in silence until they were well out of sight of the castle. Sirius transformed. He was grinning ear to ear. He turned to Hermione.

“We are here, so that I don’t cause to much of an uproar. Nobody knows the big news yet,” Sirius said. Harry had never in his entire life seen Sirius this happy. He wondered what on earth could have happened.

“What’s the big news?” Ginny asked, slightly nervously. Sirius smiled, and then grabbed Ginny in a huge hug. She squealed in surprise, and then laughed as Sirius let her go.

“Only the best news I’ve had in decades, other than seeing Harry and you coming to save me from the veil that is,” Sirius added, winking at Harry.

“Well, are you going to tell us or not?!” Harry said, smiling at his godfather. Sirius took a deep breath, obviously enjoying the tension. Hermione rolled her eyes, finding it very irritating.

“I’m free.” There was a dead silence. Harry wasn’t sure he had heard correctly.

“What?” he whispered hoarsely. Sirius grinned.

“Last night they caught Peter Pettigrew,” Sirius said. “So I am free. You’ll see it in the papers tomorrow. Harry felt tears of joy spring to his eyes. Sirius was free? After seventeen long years, he was finally free.

“Are you serious?!” Hermione said, her eyes also brimming with tears. Sirius chuckled.

“Of course I’m Sirius!” he said. Hermione burst into full-blown sobs and hugged him tightly. Ginny was also tearing and took her turn to give him a hug. Harry just stared, his world turned into a wonderful, happy place. Sirius looked at him, smiling. Harry opened his mouth to try and express his joy, but found that to put it to any sentence would be a major understatement. He couldn’t express it with words. Sirius seemed to understand perfectly. Ron was grinning broadly, though he wasn’t crying like Hermione and Ginny.

“Did they put him in Azkaban?” Ron asked.

“Hell, no! Azkaban is just a base for Voldemort now, no longer a prison. The Dementors work for him now. No, we put him in a much safer place. Nobody will ever find him, in fact, I’m sure they don’t even know he’s missing yet, and probably won’t until it’s printed in the papers,” Sirius explained joyfully.

“Where did you put him?” Harry asked curiously, raising his eyebrows. Sirius grinned mischievously.

“I really don’t think I should tell you, especially in here,” Sirius said, and Harry was left to his own ideas. He nodded his understanding however.

“What about Malfoy?” Ginny said worriedly. “They saw you, I’m sure they went to tell somebody.” Sirius barked out a laugh.

“Most of the staff are in the Order, and those who aren’t will think Malfoy mad. And besides, if they catch me, we can show them Peter. I can’t wait to see the look on old Cornelius Fudge’s face,” he said happily.

“Where is Cornelius, anyway?” Hermione asked, frowning. Sirius laughed loudly.

“Have you heard of the new sweet shop ‘Fudge’s Fudgies’?” he asked, and they all broke out in unstoppable laughter. Harry could just picture the Minister in a frumpy apron holding a candy scoop. It made him laugh even harder. “I’d better go, but I wanted you to know.”

“Sirius, this is the best news I have heard in such a long time...” Harry said, trying once again to express his excitement. Sirius smiled devilishly. Hermione and Ginny were still teary eyed, now with tears of mirth as well.

“Well, to tell you the truth, I still haven’t stopped smiling. I’ve got it all planned out in my head. I’m going to walk out of Grimmauld, not as a dog, but as a human. I’m going to walk down the sidewalk, not doing anything suspicious, just walk. I’m going to walk all the way to Hogsmeade!” Sirius said, laughing.

“Hogsmeade! That’s too far!” Ron said, smiling. Sirius grinned.

“Ron, I’ve been cooped up for so many years, I would love to walk to Hogsmeade, no matter how long it takes. And then I’m going to walk straight into the Hog’s Head, sweep Rosie right off her feet, and ask her to marry me. What do you think?” he said. They all stared, and then Hermione laughed.

“Well, if you don’t die from the walk, I guess it’s a good plan!” she said. Sirius patted her on the shoulder.

“I really need to go, look for me in the Prophet tomorrow!” and he swiftly changed into a dog. He allowed Harry and the others to pat him on the head, and he took off at a run in the opposite direction. Harry’s heart swelled. Nothing could have changed his foul mood as effectively as this. Sirius was free!



The next few weeks passed by quickly, the only event being Sirius’ release. Harry had expected them to be shocked, but the event was hardly talked about, except among the Slytherins. They became much worse to deal with, and Ron had even gone so far as to give Hermione a bottle of pepper-spray to take with her on patrols with Malfoy.

“Ron! This is something that Muggles use!” she had exclaimed.

“Which is exactly why Malfoy won’t expect it,” Ron explained, kissing her lightly on the forehead. As far as they knew, however, Malfoy had been very sulky, and had only made snide remarks on occasion. Before they knew it, however, the Christmas holidays were upon them.

“Are we going to Grimmauld then?” Harry asked, one morning. Ron smiled.

“Do you really think Sirius would have it any other way?” he said. Harry laughed and shook his head, and, on the train ride taking them away from Hogwarts, he found himself feeling very cheery about seeing Sirius again. That is why, when they arrived at Grimmauld late on Christmas Eve, he was still smiling. Sirius ran up to them excitedly, wearing a large, floppy St. Nick hat.

“HO HO HO, Merry Christmas!” Sirius said, grinning. Ginny laughed. He really did look like a big puppy dog. Harry decided not to tell him this, however, sure he wouldn’t take it lightly. “Harry, a word?” Sirius said, grabbing Harry’s elbow. Everybody stared curiously at Harry who shrugged.

“I’ll see you upstairs,” he mouthed to Ron, Hermione and Ginny. They nodded and went up to Ron’s room. “What’s up, Sirius?” Harry asked. Sirius looked around, very jittery.

“I have some big news for you,” he said, wringing his hands slightly.

“Are you alright?” Harry asked concernedly. Sirius laughed harshly.

“Of course I’m alright...well as alright as I can be. I’m getting...married!” he said, grinning now. Harry stared.

“You’re getting married?!” Harry gasped in shock. Sirius looked affronted.

“I told you I was going to walk to Hogsmeade and ask Rosemerta to marry me. Didn’t you believe me?” he asked, grinning. Harry blushed and shrugged.

“No,” he admitted. Sirius laughed and slapped him on the shoulder.

“Well it is.” Harry grinned, wondering how he could feel so happy after all the horrible things he had been through. Maybe, just maybe, he was getting a break from a stressful life. Maybe all of the killings and such would end now. He almost snorted to himself. Like that would ever happen while Voldemort was still alive. Little did he know, that at that moment Voldemort was moving his piece on the chess board. Dumbledore’s next move may determine the end of the game. He also didn’t seem to notice the fact that he was the most important player on the board. If he didn’t move quickly, he would surely be erased from the game completely. The war was on the brink, waiting silently. It was as if they were all balancing on the edge of a knife, one slip-up could mean the deaths of all.

“About a year ago, if somebody told me that I would be standing, smiling and happy in the living room of Grimmauld place with my god-father, a free man, and now a husband, I would have cursed them into oblivion for telling such terrible lies,” Harry admitted. Sirius chuckled.

“Well, just to let you know, I would have too. Things have changed so much, and this is the best Christmas Eve I believe I have ever had. Tomorrow will be amazing. Rosie’s coming over, and I’m going to announce it officially to everybody,” he said excitedly. Harry laughed. “Well, Harry, we’ve got a big day ahead, I’ll see you in the morning alright?”

“Night,” Harry said, and walked up the stairs.

“What was that all about?” Ron asked as soon as Harry opened the door. Harry opened his mouth to reply, but he was interrupted as somebody burst through the door after him. He turned around to see Professor McGonagall. Her hair was falling out of its normally indestructible bun, and her face was taught. She bent over, gasping for air.

“Are you alright, Professor?” Hermione said in shock, moving to help her.

“I’m fine, you silly girl! Potter!” McGonagall said roughly. She stood up, and Harry felt very scared. What had he done this time? He had never seen her this disheveled before. “You will come with me!”

“Harry hasn’t done anything wrong, Professor,” Ginny said firmly

“This is no time, Miss Weasley. Potter, now. Dumbledore needs you NOW! You are to go on your first mission for the Order. This may well be what determines the war!” she yelled. Then Harry looked at her eyes, and saw they were full of tears...

A/N: Yes, I'm know I'm evil for leaving you with such a cliffhanger! So I thought, while I was being evil, I would inform you that I'll wait to post the next chapter until I get AT LEAST FIVE REVIEWS!!!! Come on, it's not that bad, all you do is hit the "Would you like to submit a review button" and tell me what you thought of the chapter! Lol, the next chapter is called "Merry Christmas," even though Harry's Christmas is going to be far from merry! Thanks to everybody who reveiws regularly, and keep'em comin!!!!!
Merry Christmas by Lishkish
Harry, feeling slightly nervous, wondering what on earth he had done this time. He also wondered why he had to be punished for whatever it was during the night. He walked a little quicker to keep up with McGonagall.



“Professor?” he asked, quietly.



“Quiet, please Potter,” she said shortly, and Harry fell silent. They reached the stone Gargoyles. Harry expected them to make some stupid joke and call him ‘Sonny Jim,’ but they didn’t. They said nothing, looking from McGonagall to Harry and then back again. “Chocolate Frog,” McGonagall said, and the door to Dumbledore’s office opened. Harry stepped onto the steps, and so did the Professor. When they reached the top, McGonagall ushered Harry in. Dumbledore was sitting at his desk with his head in his hands. It hit Harry very hard as he saw this. Dumbledore couldn’t show signs of weakness, he was the strong one, as long as Dumbledore was there, everything would be alright, as long as Dumbledore was calm, there was nothing to be afraid of.



“Professor? You wanted to see me?” Harry said, then he heard a thump and saw that Mcgonagall had left them alone.



“Please sit down, Harry,” Dumbledore said warily. Harry did so. “How is school so far? Happy with your classes? Your teachers?” Harry nodded, waiting for Dumbledore to say what was on his mind. Fawkes fluttered over, and landed heavily on Harry’s knee.



“Hullo, Fawkes,” Harry murmered, petting his feathers. The bird nestled against his hand.



“Harry, you understand that I would never want to put you in danger,” Dumbledore said. Harry nodded.



“I know that Professor,” he said.



“And I would do everything in my power to make sure you were unharmed, but sometimes…sometimes there is no other choice.”



“What are you trying to say, Professor?” Harry asked concernedly. Dumbledore looked into Harry’s eyes, and Harry saw that Dumbledore was crying.



“It needs to be done, and…you must be the one,” he said, standing up and moving over to Harry. “I need to ask a rather large favor of you, Harry.”



“Anything, Professor.”



“Yes…well. As you know, the war could break out at any moment. There is no doubting that. We need more allies. That’s the long and short of it. There is a specific ally that I wish to gain, Harry. They would help us greatly, and we would have a definite advantage over Lord Voldemort. The ally’s I speak of Harry, are the Centaurs. They are very stubborn creatures, but incredibly smart, and amazing at strategy. I would go down by myself, but they don’t seem too fond of adults. Now, you are no little boy, Harry, but you are not quite as old as I either. But with you, Harry I know they will not harm you. They know that if you are killed, the Dark Lord will most certainly rule this wizarding world. Centaurs would not risk that. Therefore, you may have a chance at bargaining with them. I will go down with you, I do not force you Harry, but I plead with you. This may be our only hope.”



“Yes,” Harry said simply. “Anything for The Order.” Dumbledore grinned, but then he stopped.



“Harry, I must warn you. Voldemort knows what great ally’s the Centaurs would be. He may try to…hinder us. I want you to know, if anything happens, no matter what, you run to the castle.”



“Alright,” Harry said.



“Harry, you are like a son to me. When I saw you as a child, sleeping on the Dursley’s doorstep, I left with guilt in my chest, but knew that it was the only way you would be able to stay alive. When you first came to Hogwarts, I was amazed at your growth as a boy. Now I am amazed at your growth as a man. You are without a doubt, the greatest wizard of our time, Harry. Your mother and father would be proud,” then Dumbledore did something he had never done before. He hugged Harry.



“I never had any children, until you came to Hogwarts. You give me hope for our world,” he laughed a rather teary laugh. “If you remember nothing of this conversation in the future, remember that I love you Harry. Remember that your parents love you. Remember that your friends love you, and remember that the love you carry is what gives you power. It is the greatest of magic, and Voldemort does not have it. When you are on your last breath, ready to give up, ready to cry to the world your defeat, remember those who you fight for. Recall themwith your last heartbeat, visit them with your last memory, see them in your last tear,” Dumbledore stopped, shaking his head sadly.



“Come Harry, it is time.”



They walked down the hillside towards the Forbidden Forest. Harry nearly in tears. Why was Dumbledore acting as though they would never see each other again? Did he know something Harry didn’t?



“Lumos,” Harry and Dumbledore said together. As Harry’s light shone on Dumbledore’s face, Harry saw years running down his face. Harry’s heart beat faster. What was going on?



It seemed they had walked for hours, and Harry’s feet were very sore. He kept on alert though. The whole time, Harry and Dumbledore didn’t say anything to each other. They listened intently for anything, for a Centaur. Finally, Dumbledore stopped, apparently hearing something. Harry listened too.



“Remember Harry, whatever happens, if there is any danger, run straight back to the castle and inform Professor McGonagall,” Dumbledore said.



“Do you expect Voldemort to come down here?” Harry asked. Dumbldore’s eyes bored into his.



“Not directly, no,” Dumbledore said. They Harry heard something. A rustling of leaves…a Centaur. Dumbledore shot Harry a warning look, telling him not to move and be quiet. Harry obeyed, looking around for the source of the leave rustling. It was too dark to see anything, even with their wands lit. Then the leave rustling started coming from all directions. Not just one side. They were surrounded by rustling leaves. It was getting louder, and Harry’s heart was beating loudly in his ears. He took deep breaths to calm himself. Then, quite suddenly, the noisse stopped. Not just slowly calming down, but a dead stop, quick and sudden, as if all the noise in the world had been put on mute. Harry looked around. He could tell that he was surrounded by a crowd of creatures, whether or not they were Centaurs, Harry didn’t know. He could feel them though, their presence was almost tangible.



“What brings you to our woods, Albus?” said a rich, baritone voice to Harry’s right. He turned to see a magnificent half-horse, half-man standing before them. Dumbledore smiled politely.



“Well, sadly I wish to talk business,” Dumbledore said, inclining his head.



“And you have the Potter boy with you?” the Centaur asked. Dumbledore nodded, and then looked pointedly at Harry, who cleared his throat, remembering that he was supposed to be asked the question.



“Hello,” Harry said, trying to smile. The Centaur glared. “Well, I won’t bother with telling you about our situation with Lord Voldemort,” Harry said, half expecting the beast to wince. He did not, however, so Harry continued, “as I’m sure you’ve read about it in the stars.” The centaur nodded.



“You know of our interest in the heavens?” he asked, rather surprised.



“I’ve met with several of your clan before,” Harry said nodding, and deciding not to mention that he was friends with Firenze, the ‘traitor’ of their clan. “Look, I know you aren’t exactly sympathetic to humans. I understand that. We can be selfish, predjudiced pig sometimes, especially to you. You think we are all Bigots. That’s not true with all humans, but I know you believe it is. Why help the humans, then? Don’t. Don’t do a damn thing for us,” Harry said, feeling very nervous, but trying not to show it. Several Centuars stepped out of the shadows.



“If you don’t want us to help you with Lord Voldemort, what did you come for?” one of them asked.



“Because, I don’t want you to fight Voldemort for us. I want you to fight Voldemort for you. If you think humans are disgusting, slaughtering, racist pigs, put a million of those together, along with a really bad hair-do, and that’s Lord Voldemort. He will not get rid of the Half-bloods and leave you to your forest. He will come down here, and whether the stars warn you about it or not, it will happen if Voldemort isn’t beaten. Fight for youselves, fight for your stars, fight for your forest, fight for whever you want! Hell, fight for the House-Elves! I don’t give a damn what you fight for, as long as you fight. Whatever you cherish, family, food…life! It will be ripped from you if you don’t do something about it,” Harry was yelling when he got finished. He didn’t dare look at Dumbledore. It was very silent. Wonderful, he had ruined it. He had ruined their chances.



“He’s right,” one Centaur said, coming towards him. “If we don’t help them, they could lose the war. If that happens, Voldemort will not be merciful to us. Would we rather die than fight by the side of a human? Would we rather our families die? Would we rather our race turn to those of the Giants? Reduced to hiding in caves?” There was a loud murmer of agreement. The one who had addressed them first looked at Dumbledore.



“You are very wise, to bring him, Albus. It was quite a risk. I know that you are not like other humans. The Potter boy was a nice touch. He reminded me very much of you when you were young. But I see has a lot of James in him."



“You knew my dad?” Harry exploded. The Centuar smiled.



“He used to sneak in here all the time, I used to watch him and his friends horsing around(Ain't I punny?). Quite the trouble makers,” he replied. “Very well, Mr. Potter. We will fight Voldemort, when the…” but the Centuar froze, and so did all the other Centaurs. Harry frowned, and looked at Dumbledore, who looked afraid. Then without warning, the Centaurs leapt and bounded out of sight, into the shadows.



“What is it?” Harry said, straining his ears, and hearing nothing. “Do they hear something?” But Dumbledore looked at the sky. Harry followed his gaze, and his heart dropped to his feet. Through the thick mass of branched, the sky was no longer black. It was a color much darker than black. It was so dark his eyes burned to look at it. “What's wrong with the sky?!” Harry yelled. Dumbledore looked at Harry, his face more terrified than Harry had ever seen it. His eyes seemed to lose all color.



“Harry. Run. Now.” He choked out. Harry didn’t know what to do, he started walking, but all light was gone. All the light in the world was gone! He looked upwards, or at least he thought it was upwards. He had no sense of direction. He couldn’t see! All around him was black, the only way he knew up was up was because the sky was darker than anything. Then he noticed something. The sky seemed to be rippling, slow, gently ripples. Then the sky started to move down upon them. The was falling! It got closer and closer. Harry didn’t realize how cold he was. No….no…it couldn’t be. There was screaming. His ears began to pound.



“DUMBLEDORE!” he yelled, but he couldn’t hear himself. He dropped to his knees.



Dementors, the sky was made of Dementors. He was sobbing. It was as iff all the Dementors in the world had come to attack them. He couldn’t see anything. He felt something touch his face, almost carresingly. It was a hand. A cold, clammy, rotted hand. Then there was another hand, picking him up off the ground. It was a skeleton hand, peices of flesh still clinging to it.



“NOOOOOO!” a cry split through the night. Harry didn’t know if he or Dumbledore had made that sound, he didn’t care, he needed to die.



“LEAVE HIM! LEAVE HIM AND TAKE ME! ITS ME YOU WANT! TAKE ME!” yelled a pained voice, and Harry saw Dumbledore, his arms spread wide, almost glowing, screaming at the top of his lungs. No! Harry was dropped on the ground. He looked up to see at least a hundred Dementors drop out of the sky onto Dumbledore. The rustling of leaves surrounded Harry, he lay his head on the ground and heard a life-saving sound. Hooves. The Centaurs had come to help them! Harry could see better now! He looked around desparately.



“Dumbledore!” he cried. Then he saw the enormous mass of Dementors huddled together tightly. No. No, please God, don’t let them have Dumbledore. Harry squinted, getting up and running closer, as he ran by, he felt cold, skeleton hands sliding over his shoulders, almost caressing him. He stopped then, his heart stopped beating it seemed.

There are too many. Hundreds of them swarmed around, and Harry knew the only reason he wasn’t dead was because of Dumbledore and the Centaurs. Harry whipped out his wand.



“Expecto Patronum!” he attempted, but even his Patronus wasn’t good enough to kill a thousand Dementors. “GET AWAY FROM HIM!” Harry yelled, not know what he could do. He reached the mass of Dementors, and tried again. “EXPECTO PATRONUM!!” He yelled with all of his might. He was sobbing, the screaming was getting so loud. So unbearable, but he had to save Dumbledore. More and more piled on top of him, in the obvious struggle to kiss him. “NOOOOOOOO!” Harry screamed, leaping into the pile of Dementors. Then, through the screaming and pain and tears, he heard something. Not the rattling breath of the Dementors. Not the whinny’s of Centaurs. But a beautiful song. He stopped struggling as a large, bright red Pheonix swooped down out of the trees. The Dementor’s hissed at the sound of the soung. It was like flutes, and harps and pianos and a thousand other instruments strung together to make one beautiful, heart wreching sound. Slowly, the Dementors moved away from Dumbledore. Harry still couldn’t see him. “GET OUT! GET OUT!” Harry sobbed, dropping on the ground. Then he saw a glimpse of blue. Dumbledores robes! Surely he was alright. I mean, this was Dumbledore; nothing could ever happen to Dumbledore. But soon, no Dementors blocked his view, and he could see…not Dumbledore, but some other creature wearing his robes.



His twinkling blue eyes were now completely black, his skin stretched tighly over his eye sockets. His teeth were gone, and his long, healthy white beard was scraggly and black like a very dirty wire brush. His nose was shrunken and snake-like. His robes hung loosely off of his skeletal body. He was not Dumbledore. He was not even human. He was a corpse.



“Dumbledore,” Harry said. “Wake up, they’re gone now. It ok, you can wake up.” Harry moved closer to him, then backed up. Fawkes flew up to him, and landed on the ground next to Dumbledore. “Wake him up Fawkes,” Harry said. Fawkes didn’t move. “WAKE HIM UP!” Harry yelled. The phoenix stared, and then a tear started to fall down his cheek. “No, don’t cry! He’s not dead! HE”S NOT DEAD!” Harry yelled. He stood up and tried to kick the bird, but Fawkes flew away, his tears dripping in the night air. Harry looked at Dumbledore’s face again, and did the only thing he could. He walked over to the bushes and vomited. He vomited over and over again, until finally, he realized something:

Dumbledore was dead. He began sobbing through his vomiting, and his entire body began to shake. “No,” he sobbed. “Dumbledore, please wake up. Please wake up. Please…” he begged and begged, for hours he begged, sitting by the corpse. The world was over. It was as simple as that. There was nothing they could do now. Sure, they had ally’s. But they didn’t have Dumbledore. They didn’t have Dumbledore…



“You knew, didn’t you,” Harry said to the corpse many hours later, wringing his hands, his tears all used up, his eyes dried up. “You knew you were going to die. That’s why you told me all that stuff earlier. Because YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!” he yelled.



About eight hours later, Harry walked into Hogwarts. He was dimly aware of the fact that Hogwarts was completely empty except perhaps McGonagall. He didn’t care. He walked calmly into Professor McGonagall’s office. As soon as she saw him, she jumped up, and upon seeing his face, thought that one of the Dementors had gotten him. His face was as emotionless as if he were a corpse and not Dumbledore.



“Potter! What happened?! Are you alright? Where’s Dumbledore,” she said, looking at his face, and checking for serious injuries. “Potter? Harry?” But Harry didn’t respond. He sat down on the floor, right where he was standing. “Where is Dumbledore?!” Harry looked up at her, his eyes empty. Their bright green color seemed to be almost gone.



“Dead.”
The Death Of Hogwarts by Lishkish
Professor McGonagall dropped unconscious on the ground. Harry looked around, in a daze. What was Hogwarts? What was it really? He looked at it now, seeing a Hogwarts without Dumbledore. His eyes squinted tightly shut, and he realized that Hogwarts was gone. It had died with Dumbledore. He heard feet stomping down the steps. He stared intently at the corner. Surely the teachers didn’t stay at Hogwarts during the holidays. It wasn’t the teachers. It was Ron, Hermione, and Ginny.

“Harry!” Ginny yelled in relief as soon as she saw him. She ran to give him a hug, but he didn’t move. He didn’t even feel her touch. He was numb, the castle was numb. Hermione saw Professor McGonagall lying on the floor and gasped, rushing up to her side.

“What happened, Harry?” Hermione asked. Ron looked at Harry, his eyes full of concern. Ginny frowned, looking around the castle.

“Something’s different?” she said. “What’s wrong with the castle?” she asked urgently. Everybody stopped moving, listening and feeling the mood around them.

“The castle...” Ron said, his eyes going blank with terror. “It’s crying.” Harry looked at Ron. He wasn’t crying. He had no tears left. He had no emotions left. He was a curse to his friends. He remembered his thoughts last year, when Hagrid had died. He felt sure this time, there would be no recovery. All that was left of his heart was the part that told him how to walk, to breath, to blink and all the other necessities to stay alive. But even now, he didn’t want to live. Ginny was crying now, after watching his blank face.

“What happened?” Hermione whispered. Harry looked at her, and saw nothing. She wasn’t his friend. She wasn’t anything. She was just some girl that felt stupid things like love, fear and happiness. He smiled, as he thought of happiness. Happiness was not a good thing. It was too short, and hardly worth all the pain of living for it. He cleared his throat.

“Hogwarts is dead,” he said. Hermione frowned.

“What?” Ron asked, confused.

“The Dementors, they came, and killed Hogwarts,” Harry explained. “They killed everything. They killed me. They killed you guys too,” he continued, as if they were talking over breakfast. Ginny was crying.

“What’s wrong, Harry?” she wailed. “What happened?” Ginny watched Harry as he went to sit on the ground, leaning back against a wall. He seemed to be staring very hard at something right in front of him. Ginny walked over and sat beside him, following his gaze. A tiny spider was crawling by them. Harry stared for a long time, not moving, not even blinking. Then, completely without warning he balled one of his pale, shaking hands into a fist, and slammed it down onto the spider. Everybody jumped, staring at Harry. He slowly raised his fist into the air and they saw the small spider smashed into the ground. Harry smiled. The spider was dead. Just like Hogwarts. Just like Dumbledore. Just like he would soon be.

“Come on Harry,” Ginny pleaded, pulling him up with her. Harry got up, looking down at Ginny. Hermione was shivering none-stop, looking around them.

“I’ve never felt Hogwarts this empty before,” she said. “I can’t even hear the House-Elves rustling quietly about,” she whispered. Ron put his arm around her, nodding silently. He was also looking very scared. Then they heard a far off swishing noise. Everybody froze, even Harry. Then the most beautiful sound filled the air. They saw something coming down the hallway. It was as if they were in a black and white film, and the only color was the bright red Phoenix flying towards them. Fawkes was singing softly, but it wasn’t his usual happy, uplifting tune. It was one of desperation, and tragedy. He swayed sadly back and forth and landed in front of Harry. It was then that they realized something was clamped in his claws. He laid it in front of Harry, and stepped back slightly. Harry just stared at the object in front of him. It was Dumbledore’s pensieve. Fawkes nudged it slightly.

“Fawkes...” Hermione said, and then she realized something that Harry still refused to say to them. “Harry...is Dumbledore...dead?” she said. Ron looked abashed, staring at Hermione like a mad woman. He looked at Harry, expecting Harry to laugh about how that was stupid thing to say, of course Dumbledore wasn’t dead. He didn’t however, and when Ron saw Harry’s blank face, he knew that Hermione had been right. He, Hermione and Ginny said nothing. They couldn’t speak.

“No...” Ginny said, backing away, her eyes filled with terror. “NO!” she screamed. Hermione fell backwards, not unconscious, but unable to hold herself up. She would have hit the ground if Ron hadn’t been there to catch her. She started sobbing loudly, burying her face in Ron’s robes. Ron started to cry to, silently, his heart breaking. Harry looked around him.

“Stop...” he muttered so quietly nobody could hear him. Nobody stopped. Ginny was crying to now, shaking with unheard sobs. “Stop,” Harry said a little more loudly. They couldn’t stop however. “STOP!” Harry yelled with all his strength, and when he couldn’t stand it, he grabbed the pensive and slammed his head into it. His friends and their crying vanished, and he was thrown forward. He landed hard on the ground. He coughed loudly and looked around him. He was in Dumbledore’s office. Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk.

“Please sit, Harry,” he said, apparently talking to him.

“Dumbledore?” Harry muttered. Dumbledore didn’t say anything. Harry figured that this couldn’t be too long ago. Perhaps a couple of days.

Dumbledore’s gaze switched to the chair, and Harry quickly sat down, so that Dumbledore was looking directly at him. Dumbledore rubbed his eyes, as though very tired.

“Harry, I do hope you are sitting now,” Dumbledore said. Harry nodded, although he knew Dumbledore wouldn’t see it. “If you are getting this, then Fawkes most likely brought it to you. I am dead, Harry.”

“No, Professor, you’re not. Please, you can’t be,” Harry muttered, crying once again. It surprised him, he hadn’t thought he had any tears left.

“I know, you are probably in quite a state,” Dumbledore laughed sadly as he said this, and Harry saw him wipe a tear off his own face. “I know you think that I am immortal. I know also that you see me as always strong. This is hardly true. I have many weaknesses, the main one is you, grandson. I would go to many lengths for your happiness, as you have probably just seen.”

“I’m so sorry Professor,” Harry muttered. His voice crackling.

“I want you to realize, however, that my death was not your fault,” Dumbledore firmly. “I do not know if you have been able to tell your friends or not, but I would like you to know, take your time.” Harry nodded. “Also know, that now that I have passed away this war has officially begun. Watch out for yourself, Harry. I don’t mean to pressure you, but the fate of this war is in your hands. You will not be able to beat Voldemort if you can’t get over my loss,” Dumbledore said.

“I can’t do it though, professor. I can’t deal with it any more. I...” but Dumbledore’s image interrupted him.

“Harry, you must be strong for your friends. Don’t push them away. I do not know the outcome of the meeting with the Centaurs, but I’m sure they joined for you. You’re Harry Potter after all.”

“I don’t know how I can deal with this Professor. I don’t know what to do anymore. You’re gone, Hogwarts is dead.” Then Dumbledore looked straight into Harry’s bright green eyes, almost as if he was back again. Harry couldn’t look away.

“You will find that I will only trulyhave left this school when none here are loyal to me.” Harry froze at this. Dumbledore was right. Harry was being selfish, his friends needed him.

“You're still here, Dumbledore. You’re still here,” Harry assured.

“Isn’t that sweet,” said a sneering voice from right behind Harry. He turned to see Lucius Malfoy standing there, wand out. Harry took a deep breath, and looked back at Dumbledore.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading these past chapters. I know they have been rather depressing, but Harry will get his act together, and soon we meet...LORD VOLDEMORT! PLEASE READ AND REVIEW.
The Curse of Emotion by Lishkish
A/N: Alright, before we start this chapter, I just wanted to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! To all of the wonderful people who review my story! My writing has matured so much thanks to you guys! I also want to thank those who read, but are too shy to review. I know you're reading my story! It IS troublesome to need an account before you can review, so I can sympathise. Thank you too, because when I see so many people have read my story, I can go to school with a little smile on my face(which is rare, trust me!) Alright, enough of my blabbering! On to the story...




“How truly pathetic,” Lucius Malfoy said, walking towards Harry. Harry stood up, his heart still aching form seeing DUmbledore. “I will see to it personally that all of your disgusting emotions are wiped clean. Destroyed.” Harry nodded. Then, without warning he whipped out his wand.

“EXPELLIARMUS!” he yelled, and Malfoy flew backwards. Harry ran past Malfoy, and then realized he had never left a pensive on his own. He didn’t know how. He ran out of Dumbledore’s office, and slammed the door closed behind him just as Malfoy got back on his feet.

“Damn you! Come back here!” Malfoy yelled. Harry ran as fast as he could. What was he going to do? He turned a corner, and saw Filch and Mrs. Norris. Instinct told him to stop and explain himself, but he remembered that he couldn’t be seen, and kept running. He could hear Malfoy panting heavily behind him. He ducked as a spell form Malfoy zoomed over his head. It slammed into the wall in front of him and stone went everywhere. Harry turned the corner sharply.

“Stupify!” Harry yelled, pointing his wand over his shoulder. He looked back to see if he’d gotten Malfoy.. The spell missed Malfoy, and he raised his wand.

“Pyroticia!” Malfoy yelled, and the floor in front of Harry burst into flame, blocking his path. Harry looked around, his only option was through the flame. “Stupify!” Malfoy yelled, and Harry ducked. He had no choice, he decided, and he ran through the flames. He felt pain licking his legs, but he knew that it was much better than Malfoy most likely had in store for him. He made it through the flames and kept running. It wasn’t long before he realized his robes were on fire. He ripped off his robes, and left them behind.

“Damn!” Malfoy yelled, and then Harry heard him mutter a charm to extinguish the water.

“Petrificus Totalus!” Harry yelled, trying to get a good shot as Malfoy ran towards him.

“Protego!” Malfoy blocked, and then, “Expelliarmus!” Harry was hit hard in the back by the spell. His wand flew out of his hands, and he slammed into the wall. His head hit hard, and he thought he would lose consciousness. But no, that would be too merciful. “Accio wand,” Malfoy muttered, and Harry’s wand flew to Malfoy, who pocketed it. “Not looking too hot, now are we Potter?” Malfoy said.

“Go to hell,” Harry retorted, spitting blood out of his mouth.

“CRUCIO!” Malfoy yelled, and Harry was hit with such pain, he felt as if his skin was being dragged across a field of razor blades. His head was being pounded with hundreds of hammers as his ears rang and his hair pulled. His fingers curled into fists as he flopped around on the ground, which was suddenly made of fire, burning his entire being. His eyes rolled back into his head, and he thought they might pop out of his head. Please, let me die, he thought. It seemed to last for hours, but in actuality, only lasted a few minutes. Harry was gasping, his head bleeding from hitting the wall. He was shivering, and his teeth clanked together. He couldn’t move. Malfoy laughed in disgust.

“That’s what I thought you’d say,” he muttered. He walked over to Harry and grabbed him by the throat, lifting him off his feet. The next moment, they were back in the corridor of the castle that used to be Hogwarts. Harry looked around to see at least twenty Death Eaters, and two were holding Ginny and Hermione, who looked as if they had gotten the Cruciotus Curse at least once. Ron was slumped unconscious and laying to one side of the room against a wall. As soon as Ginny saw him, she struggled to get away from the Death Eater who held her.

“Harry! What did he do to you?!” she asked frantically, pulling with all her might.

“Crucio,” one Death Eater muttered as though bored. Ginny dropped to the ground, writhing and screaming silent screams.

“GINNY!” Harry yelled, turning to punch Malfoy. His fist connected with Malfoy’s jaw and he was let go. Harry then rounded on the Death Eater, leaping on him. The spell broke, and Harry was rolling on the ground, trying to beat the Death Eater senseless.

“Harry!” Hermione yelled desperately. Malfoy wrenched Harry off of the other Death Eater, and threw him against a wall.

“You don’t like him doing it? You will then!” Malfoy yelled, and then, “IMPERIO!” Harry felt wonderful. He was floating blissfully, warm and comfortable. Everything was going to be alright.

Torture her, Harry. Come on, you can do it,’ the voice said encouragingly. Harry smiled, and nodded, but then stop. He saw Ginny in front of him, lying on the floor. She looked terrified. Harry frowned then.

“Actually, if you don’t mind, I don’t think I want to. Ginny’s my girlfriend. I don’t think she would be very happy with me.”

Just do it, Harry. Everything will be so much better,’ it said, more firmly. He was dimly aware of a wand being pushed into his hand. His brain snapped back into action. He had been given a wand! All his pain returned as well, and he could see much clearer. He had to think, they needed to think he was cursed. He raised his wand slowly.

“Harry, don’t,” Ginny pleaded. Harry’s heart broke, knowing that she thought he would hurt her. He had to think. Then he saw Hermione, she was looking at him frantically trying to get his attention. He remembered that she knew he could throw off the curse. She pretended to swish her hair out of her face, while motioning to something behind her. He spotted a large table against the far wall, behind all of the Death Eaters. Perfect. He nodded slightly to her. He brought the wand down swiftly.

“ACCIO TABLE!” he roared. He then shoved the Death Eater holding Hermione to the side, and dropped to the ground beside Ginny. She looked at him amazed as the table smashed into the Death Eaters who weren’t fast enough, and flew over top of them. Harry checked to make sure Hermione and Ron were alright, and then grabbed Ginny.

“Brilliant,” she muttered hoarsely. Harry pointed the wand at the Death Eater holding Hermione, and saw it was Bellatrix Lestrange. She was using Hermione as a shield.

“Malfoy!” Ginny yelled, looking behind Harry, who spun around, but he wasn’t quick enough. The wand he was holding wasn’t his own, and he couldn’t get it to work properly. Malfoy hit him hard with a spell, and Harry dropped to the ground beside Ginny as if he had no bones. He was completely helpless, yet he could still blink and breath. He looked around, and saw Hermione struggling to get to them.

“I can’t believe you idiots!” Malfoy roared. “You should have known better! The boy can throw off the Imperius Curse!”

“Sorry,” one muttered. Malfoy ignored them.

“What about the old woman? What did you do with her?”

“She was already unconscious sir, so we just locked her in a classroom. I have Knott and Goyle guarding the door,” Bella said efficiently. Malfoy nodded.

“Was there anybody else present?” he asked.

“I had the entire school checked sir, not even the House-Elves are here. The school is completely empty.”

“Good,” Malfoy said. “Come on, we need to get a move on. That Prophesy won’t tell itself. Bring Potter.” Harry cursed himself. Of course, they want to know if they could kill him safely, without repeating what happened last time Voldemort had used the killing curse. They needed to be sure it would never happen again. Harry would never tell them. Never.

“What about the others?” Crabbe asked.

“Bring them as well, they might be of some use to us. Put them in one of the empty dungeons. Put as many guards as needed. Potter will not escape this time,” Malfoy said, and started to lead the way. Somebody grabbed him roughly, and began dragging his motionless body. As they walked, Harry could feel the spell wearing off, and by the time they reached their destination, Harry could walk on his own. He and his friends were shoved roughly into the tiny, windowless room. The only light came from a small torch on the side wall. The door to their prison shut tightly, and he heard locking charms being put on it.

“Damn,” he muttered, slamming his fist onto the cold stone floor. He saw Ginny lying on the ground a few feet away, and rushed to her. “Are you alright?” he asked, pulling her towards him. She nodded slightly. The spell hadn’t quite warn off for her. He pulled her into his lap, and hugged her close. He looked over to see Ron still unconscious. Hermione was crying. “What happened to him?” Harry asked frantically. Hermione looked up.

“I’m not sure. They said a spell I’d never heard of before, and dropped unconscious. He’s still alive though,” she said, propping him up against her, into a more comfortable position for him. She moved some of his bright red hair out of his eyes, and closed her eyes tightly. “I can’t believe this is happening,” she said. Harry looked around hopelessly.

“What happened to Fawkes?” Harry asked, not sure he wanted to know the answer.

“He flew away right before the Death Eaters got there,” Ginny said hoarsely. Harry nodded. Then he froze, realizing something. The pensive.

“Holy shit,” Harry mutter, slapping his forehead.

“What?” Hermione asked, very startled.

“The Prophesy they want! It’s IN the pensive!” Harry whispered. Hermione’s eyes widened.

“Are you serious?” Ginny said, sitting up slightly. Harry nodded. Ginny started laughing a loud, hollow laugh.

“What on earth can be funny?!” Harry asked.

“Didn’t you see?” she asked. “Right after Malfoy pulled you out of the pensive, they destroyed it!” Harry shook his head.

“Morons,” he muttered. Hermione looked terrible, her face was dirty, and tear-stained. Her eyes were full of terror.

“How do you do this?” Hermione muttered. “You have most likely felt this way everyday since you learned about the Prophesy!” Harry looked at her, and realized that she was describing knowing that you’re going to die. The truth was, he had gotten so numb to that fact, it was hard to tell it apart from his other emotions, the ones he had left anyways.

“You get used to it,” he muttered, and Ginny looked sadly at him.

“No, Harry. Don’t lose hope. We have to find a way to get out of this!” she roared, moving away from him. Harry made no move to stop her; they would all be dead soon anyways.

“Ginny, what do you expect me to do? We are locked in a room with no way out. DUmbledore is dead. Hagrid is dead. Fawkes is most likey dead. Every chance we have of hope is gone!”

“NO!” Ginny yelled again. “The Order will come and save us! They have to!”

“And when they do, we’ll be free. Free to die! Even if we do get out of this hole, Voldemort is still out there. You may not have to deal with him, but my fate includes or ends with him! Him or me, it has to be one of us!”

“Then it will be him! He will die, Harry! You can do it, I have faith in you,” Ginny said, grabbing his hand. Harry started to laugh.

“You don’t understand, Ginny. Everything is not a fairy-tale. There is not always just good and evil. There is the second group, and you don’t know where they belong. You can’t have trust, or faith. You don’t know who you can trust! I lived with Aunt Petunia for sixteen years, and had no idea that she was a witch. For all I know, all of my friends could be Death Eaters. Maybe you’re just a spy! Have faith in what? How can I trust anything?!” he yelled at her.

“Harry...’ Hermione said, choking slightly.

“No, Hermione. Don’t tell me to calm down. Don’t tell me I’m over-acting. Don’t tell me that my super power is ‘love.’ I’m sick of it. I loved DUmbledore. I loved Hagrid, I love you, I love Ginny, I love Ron, but where the HELL has that gotten me?! I have more love in me than any goddamn human on earth, yet I’m the one who’s losing!” he said, his heart bursting with anger. Hermione opened her mouth to reply, but closed it in despair. “I’m sorry,” Harry said earnestly, “but I can’t do this anymore.”

“So,” Ginny said hotly, “You’re just going to give them the Prophesy?”

“No, but if they try and kill me, I won’t stop them,” he muttered.

“Oh, that’s a great way to repay Dumbledore!” Ginny yelled. “When you came back from that pensive you were all ready to save Hogwarts. You were going to get us out of there, and now you sit here, wallowing in self-pity.” Harry stopped, looking away.

“Harry....” Harry looked up, and saw that Ron was awake.

“Ron!” Hermione said excitedly, grabbing his hand. Ron was staring intently at Harry however.

“Harry, listen. If you won’t do it for yourself, do it for Dumbledore. I know you don’t give a damn about your own life right now,” Ron said. Harry didn’t say anything, as Ron was right. He didn’t care if he died or not. “But I also know that without you, Voldemort will take over. Right now, you probably don’t really care if Voldemort takes over the world, but you’ve got to remember, the world is not made up of just you. The world is Ginny, Hermione, Sirius, me...Hogwarts.” This hit Harry quite hard. He looked at Ginny’s ashen face. Harry buried his head in his hand, and started to cry.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered. “It’s just...it’s hard being the only thing between Voldemort and the death of everybody you care about.” Ginny put her arms around Harry.

“Don’t be sorry. You were partly right. I hope you know that you CAN trust me, Harry. I’ll always be there for you,” she said.

“I know,” Harry said, and he hugged her.

“Isn’t this disgusting,” Malfoy’s sleek voice said. “I hate to interrupt, but me and Potter have to have a little chat. The topic being a certain Prophesy.” Ginny’s hand tightened over Harry’s and she began to shake.

“Leave him alone!” she yelled.

“Maybe I will, if Potter cooperates,” Malfoy said cooly as Harry stood up.

“No chance, Malfoy,” Harry said firmly. Malfoy grinned.

“I was hoping you’d say that.”

A/N:Yes, I know this chapter was a little on the sappy side, but I hope you liked it anyways. The next chapter is full of action, to make up for this more emotional one. Thanks for reading and PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poena Sententia by Lishkish
Harry glared at Malfoy as he was led forcibly down the hallway.

“I really must give you credit Potter,” Malfoy was saying. “Before now, I thought that Dumbledore was the most insufferable ‘goody-two-shoes’ on Earth. You’ve proved me wrong.”

“Shut up, Malfoy,” Harry said, shaking with rage. He had to keep calm. The Death Eaters that had his arms tightened their grips so that he felt his bones bending under their pressure. When he thought they would finally snap, he was shoved roughly into a tiny, windowless room. Harry looked around. If he had thought the room he was previously in was bad, he had been wrong. This room was the very symbol of pain. He wondered what could ever possess Dumbledore to allow such a room. There were deadly looking devices hanging from the ceiling and sitting on the shelves. Torture devices obviously from hundreds of years ago piled inside the corners.

“You may leave us,” Malfoy said stiffly to the other Death Eaters. They grunted, sounding very much like Crabbe and Goyle, two of Harry’s disgusting, Slytherin classmates. Harry couldn’t help but shiver as they shut the door loudly behind them, enclosing Harry inside this room. He knew he would most likely die here.

“Do you like the furnishings?” Malfoy asked casually, walking over to one side of the room and picking up a very small, rusty looking object. It looked very old, but on the end there was a large point, obviously recently sharpened and stained a slight, sickening red. Harry closed his eyes, trying desperately to calm himself. Malfoy saw this and smiled, throwing the object down. He walked over to another very large object. It was a bed, but looked like it would be very uncomfortable; there were large needles sticking up from the fluffy looking mattress. Harry glared.

“You’re disgusting,” Harry said. He was sweating terribly. The room was sweltering. Malfoy laughed, also sporting beads of sweat.

“We’ll see what you say about me when we’re finished. I guarantee, not only will you beg to tell me the Prophesy, but if I asked you to lick my ass you will do so, the whole time telling me about my greatness.”

“You can fantasize, Malfoy. You should have learned by now, I would die a thousand deaths before I told you the Prophesy. Do you take me for an idiot? Do you think that I believe that after I’m done giving you your Prophesy, you’ll give me a Girl-Scout badge and send me on my way?” Harry said, leaning against a wall. Malfoy laughed at this.

“Oh, well I guess I’ll have to tell Voldemort to put away the Scout cookies,” he said, wiping sweat off his drenched face.

“Where the hell are we, anyways?” Harry asked, his heart beating harder than ever.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know? You’ve been here many times, if Draco tells me correctly,” Malfoy said smiling. Harry’s face was impatient, waiting for Malfoy to explain. “You’re in the Room of Requirement, idiot boy.”

“Fun,” Harry muttered.

“I thought so,” Malfoy said, smiling widely. After Malfoy looked fit to burst in the heat, as Harry was, he took off his shirt. His bare torso was exposed, and he threw his shirt aside.

“No wonder Narcissa always looks so bitchy,” Harry said, grimacing at Malfoy’s exposed chest. Harry felt the need to get as many insults in as possible, before the torturing began. Malfoy snarled, moving towards Harry with his hands outstretched, forgetting his wand completely. “Poor woman," Harry was saying. "I don't know what I'd do if I had to look at you everyday. I might be sick I guess..." Malfoy snarled terribly, ripping out his wand.

“CRUCIO! CRUCIO! CRUCIO!” he yelled ferociously. Harry dropped onto the ground, his agony complete. Razor blades peeled across his entire body, flames licked his brain, lightening bolts struck his heart, and his scar burned with the power of ten thousand suns. All that filled that room for the next ten minutes was Harry’s agonized screams. He was sure that everybody in the entire world could here his pain.

Suddenly Malfoy lifted the spell, and Harry was left feeling like he had never felt before. He looked longingly at the torture instruments. He wished Malfoy would use one of those, instead of the curse that would most likely addle his brains. Malfoy seemed to realize that risk, and looked at Harry slightly apprehensively.

“Are you still stable, Potter?” he asked moving forward. Harry opened his mouth to talk, but blood spilled out, as if his insides had turned to liquid. He vomited blood all over the floor as Malfoy looked on in disgust. “Tell me the Prophesy Potter,” he said. Harry said something, but it was so quiet Malfoy couldn’t hear. “What?” he asked, eagerly. Harry whispered again, but Malfoy still couldn’t hear. He got close, Harry beckoned him closer. Malfoy’s eyes were alight. Finally, Potter was going to cave in!

“Malfoy...” Harry muttered, and Malfoy dropped to his side grinning excitedly.

“Yes, Potter. That’s right. What?!” he yelled frantically. Harry leaned up slightly, wiping the blood off of his mouth. He put his mouth right next to Malfoy’s ear.

“Can I have my Girl Scout badge?” Harry rasped, smiling sloppily. Malfoy roared in outrage.

“YOU! That’s it. I didn’t want to have to resort to this, but you’ve given me no choice, Potter!” he yelled into Harry’s bleary face. He picked Harry’s limp body off the ground by his throat, and threw him to the back of the room. Harry grunted. His insides reeled. Malfoy came over and grabbed Harry again. He dragged him over to the wall, and pointed his wand at him. Harry glared, his eyes red and blood shot. From the ground beside him, Malfoy grabbed a small wooden bracelet and brandished it at Harry.

“Don’t make me use this,” Malfoy said, shaking slightly as he held the bracelet. Harry chuckled brokenly.

“What are you going to do, Malfoy? Give me splinters until I tell you?”

“You stupid boy. Have you now idea what this is? Look!” Malfoy shoved the bracelet in his face. Harry glared at it. It looked to be a perfectly boring looking wooden bracelet. It was also very small, he noticed, fitting only a small child. He looked back at malfoy but then did a double-take. There were inscriptions appearing slowly across its surface, written in slow, chopping green letters.

Dolor a memoria atqui ferocitor. Aponno a huad animi an salvus” Harry read aloud. He stared in consternation. “Oh, well now I’m terrified,” he said sarcastically. “It’s going to torture me with it’s confusing words.”

“It reads, Potter,” Malfoy said through clenched teeth, apparently annoyed at Harry’s lack of terror. "‘The suffering of memory and spirit. People of no heart are safe.’ This is the bracelet of Poena Sententia.” Harry looked away. He didn’t want to admit it, but the bracelet scared him slightly.

“I think you’ve been watching too much Lord of the Rings,” Harry observed. Malfoy grabbed his wrist, and moved the bracelet easily over his hand. Harry stared. The bracelet grew in size, to go over his wrist and then tightened, cutting off the circulation to his fingers. Harry waited. Nothing happened. Harry laughed slightly. “Looks like it’s broken, Malfoy. Maybe you should...” but whatever he had been about to say, it was interrupted by the most terrible pain he had ever imagined. No, it was beyond that. No words would ever be able to express Harry’s pain. Not if a thousands poets, and a thousand scholars sat down and dedicated their lives to describing pain, all that together would not have been enough. Harry remembered nothing, he knew he would die. He prayed for it.





“Harry Potter!” a small voice squeaked, sounding very upset. “Harry Potter! Please sir, you must wake up!” the voice squeaked. Harry faintly heard the voice, high pitched. He knew that voice. But from where? Then there were many footsteps.

“Harry! Oh, Merlin!” Harry smiled then. This voice was familiar as well. “ Harry, I need you to wake up!” Then he heard somebody sobbing hysterically in the hallway. A young woman. His heart wrenched. He knew that voice too.

“Harry! Oh, Harry! Please wake up! H-Harry, e-everything is going to b-be alright now!” the sobbing voice said, and he felt her dropping to his side. He smiled. He couldn’t quite place the voice, but he knew he loved whoever it was. “Harry, I was so worried. I love you so much.” Harry opened his eyes.

“Ginny... I love you too...” he muttered. He needed to be with Ginny. She was blinking tearily, holding his hand. Her eyes widened when he spoke to her. “Are you...alright?” Ginny was completely silent, and then she let out a slightly insane laugh.

“Am ‘I’ alright?! Harry! You’re the one who has just been tortured! I was so terrified!” she sobbed, laying her head on his chest, looking up into his deep green eyes.

“I would do it again, just to hear you say that you love me again,” Harry said. Ginny let out another sob and pressed her mouth to his.

“I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you with all my heart,” she said, repeating the phrase between kisses. Harry grinned. Then he heard more bustling.

“Lupin! He’s awake!” he heard Sirius say, very relieved. Then he heard more people.

“Harry! Thank god! I was afraid they wouldn’t get here in time!” he heard Hermione’s voice.

“Harry?” was a voice hesitantly from the door. It was Ron.

“It’s alright Ron, he’s awake,” Hermione said. He heard Ron exhale sharply.

“I don’t know what I would have done...” he broke off, coming inside. Harry looked around at all of his friends. Lupin came up then.

“Eat some of this,” Lupin said firmly, closing his eyes in relief as he saw Harry. Harry took some chocolate out of his hand, and ate it. He suddenly felt much better.

“I thought that only worked on Dementors,” Sirius said.

“Chocolate works for everything,” Lupin said with a slight smile. Sirius nodded, with blood-shot eyes. He looked nearly as upset as Ginny. Had he been crying as well?

“What happened? Where’s Malfoy? And the bracelet? And what about Dobby? Are the rest of the Death Eaters around?” Harry asked, wincing. Ginny grasped his hand gingerly, seeing his pain. He saw Tonks rushing up, smiling at his being awake. He frowned as he saw that she was bloodied and bruised rather badly.

“Wotcher, Harry. Alright, I see you have a few questions. I don’t think we have time right now, we’re in a bit of a rush,” she said breathlessly.

“We need to make time, Tonks,” Sirius said firmly, much to Harry’s relief. “He has a right to know. You can go back out, how is Shacklebolt?”

“He’s fine. So far we’ve only had a few Death Eaters, but I’ll bet they are just scouts. I’d better get out there, Beauxbaton just arrived, and I’m having some trouble keeping Shacklebolt away from the Veela.” Sirius nodded, and she grabbed a large package before winking at Harry and leaving.

“What are Tonks and Shacklebolt doing?” Harry asked.

“They are keeping watch. Just before we arrived, Voldemort took off. So we expect he went to get his army. This war is going to start any minute, Harry. The House Elves, some Giants and now Beauxbaton are here,” Sirius said quickly, knowing full well that Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Dobby were listening intently while Lupin bustled around, apparently preparing some sort of ammunition.

“How did you know I was here?”

“It was me, Mr. Harry Potter, sir. The other House Elves and I watched you go down to the forest. Then when you came back, I told Fawkes to give you that pensive, as Dumbledore told me I was to do, if he didn’t return,” Dobby piped up, tears filling his large, bulbous eyes. He started crying loudly at the thought of Dumbledore. “He was the only kind master I ever had, sir. He even gave me Christmas presents and...” Sirius cleared his throat loudly, seeing the effect Dobby’s remembrance had on Harry.

“Why don’t you go and make sure the other House-Elves are prepared, Dobby,” Sirius said. Dobby nodded forlornly and with a loud ‘Crack’ was gone. Hermione frowned.

“How did he just do that? You can’t Apparate inside Hogwarts,” she said.

“Well, Dobby didn’t Apparate. House Elves have their own magic, they don’t rely on Wizard magic,” Sirius explained.

“What happened to Malfoy and that bracelet?” Harry asked, looking at his wrist. He saw that there was a large, shiny burn where the bracelet had been. Sirius nodded his head to a corner, and Harry saw Malfoy, lying on the ground, his eyes lolling.

“Dead,” Ron said satisfiedly. Harry nodded. He decided to test out his muscles, and tried to sit up. Ginny helped him, and with great pain, he managed it.

“And the other Death Eaters were killed as well,” Sirius said. Harry nodded. “Harry...” Sirius began, looking slightly uncomfortable.

“Just tell me Sirius,” Harry said, knowing that it was most likely bad news.

“I’m afraid, Voldemort isn’t going to just come out with his army. He thinks that you could possibly be dead. If he thinks that, then he would have no reason to come and fight us,” Sirius said. “He’s watching us, Harry. He wants us to make the first move. We can’t fight him on his grounds, we need him to come to us. Harry...”

“I’m bait,” Harry supplied. Sirius looked down sadly. “I understand. You’re right. He won’t come out unless he see’s reason to bother with us,” Harry said, choking slightly.

“When that’s done, I want you to go back inside the castle,” Sirius said firmly. Harry shook his head.

“Harry...” Ginny pleaded.

“No, we need more than what we’ve got. We need the Centaurs on our side. I need to make sure they didn’t change their minds after...” Harry stopped, and the stood up. His head reeled, and he took a deep breath, trying not to puke.

“Take Fawkes,” Lupin said, who had stopped moving about and was standing with tears in his eyes.

“I’m going with you,” Ginny, Ron and Hermione all said together. Harry shook his head.

“Fawkes will be able to fly faster with just one,” he said firmly.

“No...” Ginny whispered.

“I’ll come back,” Harry said, kissing her softly on the forehead. “I’ll come back.”

“Now or never Harry,” Sirius said, hoarsely. Hermione let out a soft sob. Harry held out his arms, and she came to him. He embraced her softly.

“I’ll be watching that forest, Harry,” she whispered. Harry kissed the top of her head, and pulled her away from him.

“I look foreward to it,” he said, smiling at her. He then turned to Ron, who was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed, looking anywhere but at Harry. Hermione moved away, and then Ron spoke.

“Harry...I just want you to know. I couldn’t ask for a better friend. Through all my years at Hogwarts, I knew I could trust you with anything. You’re a true friend, and I’ll be waiting for you when you come back with all of those bloody horses in your wake. You’ll look like something right out of some sappy, drama movie,” he said with a cracked voice.

“I’ll see you in a bit, then,” Harry said, smiling. Ron nodded, and then they embraced in a manly, back-slapping hug. Harry turned to Sirius and Lupin, who were both on the verge of tears.

“It’s time,” Lupin said softly.



A/N: Alright, this chapter was very sad to write. Very dramatic as well. I hope everybody liked it. Thanks to everybody who has reviewed, and I hope you'll keep REVIEWING!!!!!!!
No Pressure by Lishkish
“Alright, Fawkes,” Harry murmured, stroking the bright red and gold Phoenix’s feathers. “It’s up to us now. We have to save the world, but no pressure or anything,” he said with a slight laugh. Fawkes looked up at Harry sadly. “I’m sorry about all of this. But just think, after this is over, it’s over. No more waiting around. I’ll either be dead, or Voldemort will be gone. I don’t really care which one, but it might be nice to live. I could become an Auror, and maybe me and Ginny could get a house of our own,” he said smiling at the thought of Ginny Weasley. “I’m going to marry her, you know. If I live through this.” Fawkes just blinked up at him, and Harry rolled his eyes. “I’m just stalling, I know. Come on, let’s get this over with. Can you take me to the Centaurs?” Fawkes turned around, and splayed his tail feathers. Harry grabbed on to them, his grip firm. Fawkes looked back to make sure Harry was holding tight enough, and then spread his wings.

The moonlight shining through the window played across Fawkes’ beautiful feathers, sending colors dancing across the walls. Slowly, he started to flap, sending the colorful shadows scurrying. In seconds they were out the window, Harry hanging on tightly.

His ears were red, and his fingers were practically numb. As they were flying over the Forbidden Forest, Harry would have sworn that he saw creatures leaping along below them, and once he thought he had seen a unicorn. After about fifteen minutes of flying, Fawkes started his descent. Harry’s feet touched the mossy ground beneath him, and leaves crinkled slightly under his shoes. Fawkes folded his wings back in, and looked around at Harry cautiously.

“Be prepared, we might have to make a quick take-off. If the Centaurs have changed their minds, things could get ugly,” Harry said to Fawkes, wondering why he was even bothering to talk to the bird, he couldn’t understand him anyways. He started walking around the small clearing Fawkes had set him in. Surely the Centaurs would be here. “Are you sure this is the right place?” Harry said uncertainly to Fawkes, but then he heard something. He froze, and so did Fawkes, his small, beady black eyes darting around. Harry strained his ears, and he could hear slight sighs. It was almost as if the wind was breathing, but Harry knew it was something else. He prayed it was a Centaur.

“I think you must be in the right place, Mr. Potter,” said a slick voice from his left. Harry turned, but he could only see a shadow. It was definitely a Centaur. “Your bird is smart, and apparently very good at travel.”

“He gets me from ‘A’ to ‘B,’” Harry said trying to hide his nerves. There was a chuckle from his right. He turned again, but also saw only a shadow.

“To what do we honor a visit from the Boy-Who-Lived?” another voice asked, rich and smooth.

“You know why I’m here,” Harry said impatiently.

“Yes, we do,” said another voice, this one much friendlier, and from right behind him. He truned to see Bane, who was smiling at him. Harry frowned. Bane was smiling? At a Human?

“I’m assuming you were here when I came to ask for your help?” Harry asked, now talking directly to Bane.

“Yes, Mr. Potter."

“Are you going to keep to your word? Or am I so inferior that a promise to me means nothing?” Harry said. He knew that it probably wasn't the best way to talk to him, but he wanted to convey the fact that he was in a hurry, and this was not to be taken lightly; They were on the brink of war.

Bane's eyes narrowed slightly. He then made an odd clicking noise with his tongue, sounding more like a horse than a human. The rest of the Centaurs reacted to this noise by stepping out into the clearing. Harry’s eyes lit with relief. They had crossbows and knives, and arrows, and slingshots, and ropes, and all sorts of weapons slung across their shoulders and backs...and they weren't pointed at him. Harry smiled; they were prepared for a battle.

“We will help you, Mr. Potter. Lord Voldemort will not rule us,” a female Centaur said, frowning. Her face was covered in paint. War paint.

“Thank you,” Harry said sincerely.

“Who do we fight beside?” one asked.

“Beauxbaton, the House Elves, a few Giants, and of course the Order.”

“And who has the Dark Lord gained for his own side?”

“Dementors, Durmstrange, also some Giants, and the Death Eaters. There are a few Goblins on their side as well, but not enough to count for anything,” Harry said, watching the faces of the Centaurs. He looked particularly at Bane, trying to decipher his feelings.

“What will you do, Harry Potter? Will you fight beside us?” Bane asked, tilting his head to one side. Harry shook his head.

“I have to lure Voldemort’s army out onto the grounds. I’ll do that as soon as we get back. After that though, I don't know,” Harry said, looking up at the sky. It had to be close to midnight now.

“Are you afraid, Mr. Potter?” one rather young looking Centaur asked, curiously. Harry smiled slightly.

“More afraid than I have ever been in my entire life,” Harry said casually, as if talking over tea.

“You hide it well,” Bane said admiringly. Harry laughed slightly.

“Well, as much as I’d love to sit and chat, we have an evil wizard to vanquish,” he said, looking at Fawkes. “Ready?”

“You aren’t thinking of flying that bird back are you?” Bane asked incredulously. Harry nodded.

“It’s how I got here,” he said, shrugging. Bane’s jaw dropped.

“You flew across the grounds, and Voldemort didn’t see you and kill you?” Bane said, and Harry saw shock on the face of a Centaur for the first time. Harry nodded slowly.

"I think so...unless I've suddenly become immortal."

“It’s a wonder you weren’t shot out of the sky. You can’t fly that bird back.”

“What do you want me to do? Walk?” Harry asked, growing very restless. The Order was counting on him. Harry saw several anxious glances thrown between Centaurs. He looked around curiously. A few muttered to each other, shrugging and looking slightly scared. Bane looked around, apparently for guidance.

“It is the only way,” he said slowly. “Besides, if we are to fight beside the Humans, we must learn to get along.”

“What are you on about?” Harry asked very confused. Bane trotted slowly over to harry, and knelt down slightly.

“I’m afraid, Mr. Potter, that you must not fly back. You may ride on my back, this once. I have never once allowed a Human ever to touch me, let alone use me as their transportation,” Bane said, as Harry got on awkwardly and nervously. Fawkes looked confused.

“It's alright, Fawkes, fly back alone. Soar low, though,” Harry said soothingly, and Fawkes flew away. Bane stood up, and Harry didn’t know where to hold on. He settled with laying his hands on Bane’s shoulders. He grimaced, realizing what a weird position he was in. The other Centaurs stared at him in awe. “Let’s go,” Harry said firmly. They all started to trot along, single file, every once in a while throwing a curious stare in Harry’s direction. It took much longer to get back than it did by simply flying over the tree-tops. Harry was freezing, and pulled his cloak tighter. After awhile they reached the edge of the forest. Bane stopped and waited until the rest of the Centaurs were out of the forest, and clumped together in a very large circle.

“Is everybody here?” Bane said, looking around. He turned sharply, as if forgetting that Harry was still astride. “This day is most likely the most significant day of our presence on this planet. Let us make the best of it.” There was some rustling, and Harry saw some nervous faces. “Since the days of our father’s fathers, the Humans have been our enemy. Since the day’s of our father’s fathers, the Giant’s have been our enemy. Yet, this night we go to fight amongst them as allies, to oppose a greater enemy. For many ages our troubles have been bigotry, racism, and mistreatment. We have always thought those traits to be connected with the Human race. We now realize, that a part of the Human race is fighting against that as well. So we join together, with them, as friends, as partners, and fellow soldiers in battle. For once our bows are in our hands, we become not different peoples of this Earth, but individuals of the same goal. I ask of you now, to put away old prejudices. I ask you to fight. Fight for Centaurs. Fight for Humans. Fight for the common goal; Justice.” Harry looked around, and saw that the fear in the faces of Centaurs were gone, and filled with determination. He suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. They might be a little on the dramatic side, but if it helped them to fight, who cares.

“Are you done?” Harry asked rather anxiously. Bane nodded, and then reached into a sack that had been tied across his shoulder. He pulled out a small, well chiseled wooden flute. He took a deep breath, and put the flute to his lips. He began to play a very soft melody. Many other Centaurs pulled out their flutes, and began to play a slightly Scottish-sounding tune. It was very eerie in the cold night, breaking through the silence, and the fog. Bane started to walk, and now most Centaurs had their flutes out and were blasting the sweet song across the Hogwarts grounds.

“Get in formation!” Bane yelled, and the Centaurs all lined up. Harry stared, they were definately prepared. They began to march towards the front of the castle, playing their sound, trotting proudly. Harry’s heart hammered as the front of Hogwarts came into view.

Standing rigidly in front was at least two hundred House Elves. They stood proud, and all wore clothes. After Dumbledore had died, they had been freed. No House Elf stood out as much, however, as Dobby. He stood grinning in the moonlight, his chest puffed out proudly as he looked around. Behind them were The Order and Beauxbaton. Harry saw Fluer Delacore holding her wand high into the air, and standing beside her was Bill Weasley. Harry saw that Percy Weasley and Mr. Weasley were standing close together, not talking but staring rigidly ahead. Sirius stood grinning ear to ear, talking animatedly to Tonks who had transformed herself into a rather beefy, muscular looking woman, like a wrestler.

Harry smiled, count on Tonks and Sirius to smile right before a war. He scanned the Humans for Ginny, Hermione or Ron, but didn’t see them. He decided that they must be inside, helping Lupin and maybe even Mrs. Weasley with whatever needed to be done inside the castle. Behind all of the Humans, about one hundred Giants stood rather lazily, swinging clubs back and forth, looking around as though bored.

Soon everybody started hearing the Centaur's music, and were turning rather nervously, looking for the source. Sirius was the first to see Harry, riding proudly on a Centaur. Sirius laughed loudly, and threw Harry the thumbs-up. Harry grinned at his enthusiasm. Tonks saw them next, smiling as well. One by one, people began to realize that the Centaurs had arrived to help. There were obvious looks of relief in their eyes, and some looked rather afraid, having never seen a Centaur before.

Percy's eyes widened...halfbreeds! Finally the Centaurs stopped their marhcing, and stood proudly on the right of the Giants. They needed to be further back if they were to use bow and arrow. They kept playing their song, however, and it seemed to give new hope to some of the witches and wizards looking scared. Harry saw that many of the Beauxbatons were students about his age. A few teachers, and then of course Madam Maxine herself.

Harry got off of Bane, and looked back at them all, his heart in his throat.

“Thanks,” he said hoarsely. Bane didn’t stop his flute-playing, but he nodded slightly, looking foreward. Harry took a deep breath. It was now or never. He looked at Sirius, and saw that Sirius was no longer smiling. Sirius looked very sad, and extremely worried. Harry tried to smile encouragingly, but failed miserably, so he gave up, and started walking to the front of the group. He took in the scenery, walking slowly. He saw the Lake, far across the grounds, and he saw the tree-tops, glaring evilly at him now. He saw the Whomping Willow blowing about softly, waiting for something to happen. As Harry passed people, they looked at the ground sadly. Harry wished they wouldn’t do that, it was as if they had already planned his death.

Everything was deadly quiet, except for the now very faint playing of flutes. Before Harry knew it, he was standing in front of the large army. It was as if he was their leader, and so he raised his head high into the air, still walking rather quickly.

“ALRIGHT!” Harry yelled, and the flutes slowly died away. Everything was complete silence. All he could hear was his own breath, which floated visible in front of him for a few seconds. He was shaking, not necessarily from the cold. “I’M HERE!” he yelled again. “I’M READY FOR YOU VOLDEMORT! What do I have to lose?!” he said, pacing back and forth. “YOU’VE TAKEN ALMOST EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME. YOU TOOK MY PARENTS, YOU TOOK CEDRIC, YOU TOOK HAGRID, YOU TOOK DUMBLEDORE, AND YOU TOOK HOGWARTS!” Harry yelled furiously. He needed something to say. He wracked his brain. “YOU’VE TAKEN MY EMOTIONS, AND MY CHANCES AT A NORMAL LIFE! BUT THERE IS STILL ONE THING YOU HAVEN’T TAKEN!” he said rather tauntingly. “YOU HAVEN’T TAKEN ME YET! I’M STILL HERE, VOLDEMORT! AND I WILL STAY HERE, UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD!!” he yelled. “I want this over with as much as you do!” Harry yelled a little softer, running out of stamina. “I want it to END! Let’s finish this! COME ON YOU STINKING COWARD! COME OUT OF YOUR LITTLE HIDING PLACE AND FACE ME!”

Harry panted loudly, looking around him. There was no movement, no noise, no nothing. His heart was beating as if it would pound a hole through his chest. He spun around, looking for a sign of Voldemort. Then he heard something. A slight bubbling, gurgling noise was coming from the Lake. His eyes turned slowly and he saw large bubbles rising to the surface of the water and popping. He grinned, starting to walk backwards. Durmstrang. A large ship come out of the Lake, bobbing about now, like a cork. Harry started moving backwards a little quicker.

“HARRY! GET IN THE CASTLE!” he heard Sirius yell. Harry wanted to stay out here and fight, but he knew Sirius was right. He had to stay alive, he had to defeat Voldemort. Harry turned back and ran. Just then he heard hundreds of popping noises from behind him in the forest. Death Eaters, Harry thought. He ran as fast as he could. He ran past The Order, but he couldn’t just leave them. He couldn’t!

“Harry! If you get killed, there is no way we will be able to win this war. You have to live, Harry. Get in that castle and STAY THERE! You’re our only hope!” Sirius said, rather furiously. Then he turned, as Death Eaters started advancing. Harry watched and, as one, the entire army, Dumbledore’s Army, moved towards Voldemort’s army. Heeding Sirius’ words however, Harry ran inside.

He slammed into the Great Hall, and looked around. The Great Hall was so empty now. The tables and chairs were gone, and it was just a big room. He jumped loudly as a large CLACK filled the air. He turned and saw the doors being locked. He took a deep breath as the other doors did the same, locking him in this room. He held his wand tightly. Looking around, he saw the one person he had been dreading, and hoping, to see.

“Hello, Harry,” Lord Voldemort said, smiling and twirling his wand. Harry heard yelling and screaming going on outside; the war had begun. He sighed and rolled up his sleeves. About time...



A/N: PLEASE REVIEW!
Avada Kedavra by Lishkish
Harry felt very strange. This was it; this was when the future for all wizard kind would be decided. He had known this day would come since his fifth year, had dreaded it for everyday since then. Dreaming of it by night, planning it out by day, he had become obsessed. He had always pictured hundreds of Death Eaters surrounding him, chanting a chant of death. He had pictured trying until his very last breath to win, but in the end, as was inevitable, he would die.

The odd part was that he wasn’t nervous at all, and there were no chanting Death Eaters. It was simply him and Voldemort. In a way he was relieved, because no matter what the outcome, at least it would all be over. If he won, he wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore, and he certainly wouldn’t if he was dead. He pulled out his wand, scratching his nose slightly. Voldemort chuckled menacingly.

“Finally we arrive at the pivotal moment in this Great War,” he said smoothly, “I have often imagined this moment.”

Harry nodded and muttered, “So have I.”

“Yes, but I’m sure we both know the outcome. Dumbledore isn’t here to save you anymore, little Potter. He’s dead. I made sure of that.”

“No. Dumbledore is not dead. He is very alive. He is…”

“’Still alive within my heart,’” Voldemort mocked in a high-pitched voice. “How disgusting! Still speaking little clichés to make you feel better?” Harry glared, squeezing his wand tightly.

“How about we just start this,” Harry said, annoyed. He shot a nervous glance at the stairs. What if Ginny, Ron, or Hermione came down those steps? They would walk right into a battle and Harry might not be able to protect them.

“Worried about your little friends?” Voldemort asked slyly, and Harry realized he had been reading his unguarded mind. Damn! He had completely forgotten to protect his thoughts! “I am not an imbecile, Potter. Do you really think I would leave stairways open for people to walk down? Am I not the Great Lord Voldemort?”

“What did you do?” Harry said, getting slightly nervous.

"Wouldn't you like to know...” Voldemort said menacingly. He smiled evilly then, waving his wand around. Harry forwned, not sure what to think...had he hurt them? Was Ginny ok? He knew, however, that he needed to stay focused. 'They're fine,' he told himself. He knew Voldemort was trying to get him distracted so he could hit him with a spell. He decided to rid him of that idea.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” Harry yelled, putting all the force he could muster into the wand. Voldemort’s eyes widened, but it hit him square in the face. He fell backwards. Harry stared. Had he done it? Was he dead? Slowly he walked over to Voldemort, and saw blood trickling from his nose. Harry grinned. Well, that was easy!

CRUCIO!” Voldemort yelled, levitating himself upright immediately. Harry dropped to the ground. “That was your first time trying to kill somebody, wasn’t it, Potter?” His only response was Harry’s screams. He was in agony for the hundredth time that day. He writhed around, twisting his own body into shapes he had never thought possible. He was sobbing uncontrollably. Voldemort lifted the curse. “Yes…yes Harry. This is how it should be. This is how it should have been seventeen years ago. I am in control.” Harry tried desperately to stand up, and managed to do so, but he was shaking viciously. He had to concentrate.

“How do you know that killing me won’t mess with the Prophesy?” Harry gasped, trying to regain his composure.

“Oh, I’m perfectly aware now that it is quite safe to kill you, Potter.”

“How?” Harry gasped, blood trickling out of his mouth. Voldemort gave a devilish grin.

“It was quite easy to get it out of Madam Rosmerta,” he whispered. Harry laughed at first, thinking he was joking.

“You’re desperate, Voldemort. Madam Rosmerta would have no idea about my Prophesy,” Harry said, still laughing brokenly.

“Oh? Is that true? If last I remember, Sirius Black was becoming quite smitten with her. All I had to do was put her under a simple Imperius Curse. She was extremely easy to control,” Voldemort said. Harry’s lungs deflated. Sirius…told Rosmerta? No, he wouldn’t. Would he? If he thought himself in love with her he might…Harry closed his eyes tightly. There was no way out of this one. He looked up at Voldemort, and he remembered his father. He wouldn’t have given up. He didn’t. He knew he was going to die, and yet he still fought for those he loved. His father had fought for Lily. Harry would fight for Ginny.

EXPELLIARMUS!” he yelled, and to his surprise, and Voldemort’s, it hit the Dark Lord. Harry then ran and hid behind one of the tables propped up against the wall.

“YOU BRAT! AVADA KEDAVRA!” Voldemort yelled. It hit the table Harry was behind, and the table caught on fire. Harry ran to the next one.

Wingardium Leviosa!” he yelled, and he picked one of the tables up. It swung toward Voldemort.

Etherellius!” Voldemort muttered, and the table went right through him, and when it should have clattered to the floor, it instead sank right through. Harry stared; Voldemort had made the table intangible! He had to remember that one.

Stupify! Stupify! Imobiliarmus!” he yelled over the table. Voldemort waved his hand, and a shield appeared in his hand. He deflected the spells, and they all came flying towards Harry. Harry’s eyes widened, and, his heart thumping, he rolled out from behind his hiding place. As the spells hit it, the table exploded into a hundred shards. “Protego,” Harry muttered, and the shards bounced off the invisible dome that now covered him.

PANERUSTHIA!” Voldemort screamed at the top of his lungs, becoming incensed. He would not let this boy escape again! He pointed his wand at one of the chairs, and it turned immediately into a slinking black panther. It was completely silver, the light dancing off its shiny coat. Its eyes, however, were bright green. Harry froze. He hadn’t expected this. The panther stalked him slowly; it hips swaying threateningly back and forth. It let out a low hiss, barring its extremely large teeth. Harry looked around, and saw a wood shard by his feet. He picked it up, waving it at the cat.

“Here, kitty kitty! Go fetch the stick!” and he threw the stick far away from him. The panther ignored it completely. Harry’s throat tightened. Well, he was worth a try.

“Not so cocky now, are we? I’ll enjoy watching this cat rip you to shreds, Potter,” Voldemort seethed. Harry didn’t reply, but kept his entire attention on the panther. It was inching closer and closer, until finally, it made a huge leap at Harry. Harry leapt to the side. He rolled on the ground, and scrambled up. He knew he couldn’t turn his back to it, or he was dead. Then he had an idea. He focused his entire attention on the many large wooden splinters laying a few feet from the panther. Again he had to leap aside, however, as the beast approached.

“Come on, come on,” Harry muttered soft enough that Voldemort, who was watching with immense pleasure, didn’t hear. “Nice kitty.” The panther swayed around to look at him again, hissing once more. It was getting very frustrated. It crouched, ready to spring again, this time to kill. It was done playing with its prey. Harry took the opportunity.

Accio wood!” he yelled, focusing his mind on those splinters. They lifted into the air, and shot straight to him. They were intercepted, however, by the panther. The deadly splinters shot into the beautiful animal, several through the chest, one through the leg, and another through its head. Harry felt very sad, but realized also that this wasn’t a real panther. It was a creation of the Dark Lord. Voldemort’s face contorted in rage.

“WHAT?!?” he yelled, as the panther slowly faded, turning back into a chair. “NO!” Harry didn’t wait for him to stop his dramatic ranting.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” they both yelled, Harry first, but then Voldemort, just in time for the two spells to meet in the middle. They clashed together, and for the second time, fused to make a bond of bright white thread. A tiny bead, almost like sweat, or water, was in the middle. Voldemort’s eyes widened in terror.

“NO! NOT AGAIN! NOOO!” he yelled, losing his sanity. Long enough had he dealt with this boy. Long enough had he been forced to the shadows, trying desperately to cling to any amount of life he could muster.

“Priori Incantatum!” Harry muttered in delight. Voldemort started yanking at his wand, pulling with all his might. He ripped and tried desperately to free himself of Harry’s wand, but still he could not break free. They started lifting in the air as they had done last time, Voldemort cursing all the while. He tried to move his hand over to grab Harry’s throat, but a shield of some sort stopped him.

“NO!” Voldemort yelled again, realizing that while he was struggling, Harry was working on getting the bead to his side as it had last time. “NOT AGAIN!”

Harry focused his entire being on the bead of liquid light. He felt much more confident this time, as he had already done it. If only he could get it…but Voldemort had calmed down enough to try to get it away. He muttered curses and words Harry had never even heard before as he did so.

He would not lose this time, Voldemort thought. Not again would he fall victim to a little boy! But what he couldn’t register was that this was no little boy. Harry Potter was seventeen, and a very powerful wizard.

The bead hovered inches from Voldemort’s wand.

“No….No….” Voldemort pleaded, sweat streaming down his own face. The bead moved even closer. Their wands were vibrating terribly now. Voldemort held on with both hands, shaking from both the wand and rage. “Move back, damn you!” he muttered. Harry grinned, his hands starting to grow numb from the vibration. Just a little closer… Voldemort knew it was a matter of seconds before the bead touched his wand. He couldn’t let that happen. He started blowing on the tiny bead, losing his head completely in his panic. Harry almost laughed out loud as, at last, the bead touched Voldemort’s wand again. Bright light filled the Great Hall, along with beautiful music, like a Phoenix song. Harry grinned.

“Yes,” he muttered, as their feet touched the ground once again. Voldemort dropped his wand on the ground, remembering what had happened the last time.

“NO! STOP!” Voldemort yelled in panic. Harry watched eagerly…would he see his parents again? Out of the wand came Madam Rosmerta. Harry’s eyes filled with hurt. What would Sirius do…Rosmerta glared, her busty figure walking towards Harry.

“I’m sorry, Harry. You must realize that. I didn't mean to tell him. But…will you tell Sirius?” she begged, rather sadly. Harry nodded, slightly choked up. She smiled brightly, but then turned around as the next figure came out of the wand. Harry’s heart thumped as he realized who it was…Aunt Petunia!

He felt numb...Aunt Petunia was...dead? How could this be? Aunt Petunia couldn't die.... She was, well, Aunt Petunia! Sure, she was annoying, but she was always a solid presence in Harry's life....To Harry’s surprise, his eyes filled with tears. He had killed her…So she hadn’t been in Azkaban. Well, that made sense, because Azkaban was run by Voldemort anyway, so why would she be put in jail there?

“What are you staring at, boy?” she snapped, but then her beady eyes rested on Voldemort. “He killed me! That…wizard killed me! I didn’t want to be a witch, but my idiot sister…oh well. Dudley is safe, right Harry?”

“Yeah,” Harry muttered, “Yeah he’s safe.” Petunia nodded in satisfaction. Voldemort staggered back, muttering incoherently. Petunia glared, and Harry stared, still disbelieving.

“No…this won’t happen again! I WON’T LET IT!” he yelled, running towards his wand. Maybe he could stop it…he picked the wand up with shaking, skeleton-white hands. Then he glared at it, just before he snapped it in two. The entire room went completely black, and Harry’s heart stopped. What had he done?




The only sound that filled the air was the sound of breathing. Petunia and Rosmerta stared in shock.

“Please tell me you didn’t just do that…” Petunia whimpered.

“You idiot,” Rosmerta mumbled, shaking her head in shock. Harry was feeling scared, and the room started to shake. He stared at Voldemort, who looked terrified at what he’d just done. He dropped the wand pieces onto the ground, and the clattering noises echoed loudly around the room, but instead of getting softer, they grew louder, and louder. Harry covered his ears.

CLANG!

CLANG!

They echoed as if they had been pieces of metal. Then all was silence, as if somebody had pressed the mute button….

SNAP! A sound like a whip slapped across the room. Harry leapt into the air, as a glowing light blazed from the broken edges of the wand. As Harry’s eyes adjusted back to the dim light, he saw hundreds of people now filled the room. Transparent people. He looked around, recognizing some.

Frank, the gardener for the Riddle House waved, smiling toothlessly at him.

Cedric Diggory gave him the thumbs up, which Harry returned shakily.

Gideon and Fabian Prewitt, Mrs. Weasley’s brothers, waved at him. Harry recognized them from the picture Mad-Eye Moody had shown him years ago. Harry waved.

Many others he didn’t recognize simply stared non-stop at Voldemort, who had backed up, whimpering at the hundreds of victims that now surrounded him. Harry looked around; he waited impatiently, his eyes scanning the crowd of images.

“Looking for us?” a calming voice said behind him. Harry jumped and turned abruptly. His already bleeding heart wrenched itself into knots. Staring lovingly down at him were Lily and James Potter.

“Hello, sweetheart,” Lily whispered, laying her hand on his cheek. He shivered, it was very cold. He had tears running down his face now.

“Mum…Dad…” he murmured.

“It’s alright son. It’s going to be okay,” James muttered. He shot a glare at Voldemort, who was now scrambling away, scrunching himself into a ball.

“Do you still have your wand?” Lily asked gently. Harry nodded.

“That’s my boy,” James said, winking. Harry stared at the spitting image of himself. Lily saw the tears in his eyes, and her face filled with love and worry.

“Harry, please don’t hurt for us anymore,” she pleaded softly.

“It’s just…” Harry started, but James put an ethereal hand on his shoulder.

“Son…we aren’t real, you do know that right?” James asked. Harry nodded.

“But you are very real to us. Right now, we are the closest thing to your parents you are ever going to see again,” Lily said, now crying herself. “And I know that if I were alive, and standing here today, I would tell you that I could never have asked for a finer son, or a more handsome one,” she added with a slight smile.

“You’re our pride and joy, son. You were when we were alive, and though we can’t show it, you are to this day. We both love you very much, and we know that, one day, you’ll grow up to have kids of your own. I know you’ll be as happy as we were,” James said.

“Were you happy though?” Harry asked, voicing the feeling that he had had in fifth year when he had seen Lily yelling hatefully at James. “You used to hate James.” Lily laughed at this.

“Oh, no I didn’t. But I was very stubborn. Too stubborn. Harry, never doubt that we were in love. We were the happiest of families. And maybe that’s why fate picked us…we were too happy,” she said sadly. James sighed.

“I’m afraid our time dwindles, son. Voldemort must be destroyed. And you must be the one to do it…”

“But I can’t! I’ve tried the killing curse, and it doesn’t work,” Harry said desperately. James smiled then.

“I’m sure we can help you then. Go on, give it another go,” he said, nodding Harry forward. Harry turned away from his parents, looking at Voldemort who was now standing, leaning against the wall in terror as his victims taunted him. He caught sight of Harry.

“YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” he yelled, not knowing what to do without his wand. Harry ignored him, walking very quickly now. “What are you going to do? You can’t kill me! I’m Lord Voldemort!” he yelled, sounding as though he was trying to convince himself more than anything.

“This is for seventeen years of hell,” Harry muttered, whipping out his wand. The wispy people stopped talking at once, and a loud silence filled the air. Harry closed his eyes, trying to concentrate. He had to do this. For his friends. For his family. Opening his bright green eyes, he stared at Voldemort. “AVADA KEDAVRA!” he yelled with all of the fury, and hatred, and loathing he had felt for his entire life. A steady green stream shot through his wand, and Voldemort grunted slightly. The green stream kept pouring into him. Voldemort laughed in relief, but Harry’s eyes widened in fear. He hadn’t done it!

“Well, that was pathetic. It’s rather uncomfortable, I must admit. And at least it’s still trying. I’m afraid, however, you’ll need a bit more power for this one,” Voldemort laughed, standing up, trying to get out of the green stream of light that was pouring oddly into his chest, where the heart should have been. He moved, but it moved with him. He frowned; this wasn’t supposed to happen.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” a voice yelled, and Harry turned to see his father pointing a transparent wand at Voldemort. Harry stared, as did Voldemort, who grunted again as a second stream of bright light shot into his chest.

“What?! They can’t do that!” he yelled, clutching his stomach, obviously in more pain.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” another voice yelled, and Harry saw Lily glaring daggers as her own spell poured into him.

AVADA KEDAVRA!” yelled Cedric.

“AVADA KEDAVRA!” and Petunia and Rosmerta joined in. Voldemort dropped to the ground, clutching his stomach in a great deal of pain.

“STOP! YOU CAN”T DO THIS TO ME!” he was yelling, but soon more people had added their own wispy beams of green light. Harry felt the room vibrating now. Voldemort started screaming as at least fifty beams of green light shot into him.

“NOOOO!!” he sobbed, rolling around in pain. Now the room was filled with yells of “Avada Kedavra.”

Harry felt power being drained from him, as more and more people produced the spell. Were they getting their powers from him? Soon everybody in the room had their own spell going, and Voldemort was screaming screams of pain Harry had never heard before.

“STOP! PLEASE!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!” he sobbed uncontrollably. Harry watched in fear, but his own head was swimming. The only sounds now were the buzzing of the spells and Voldemort’s tortured cries. Harry began to shake, as Voldemort’s screams got worse and worse. Voldemort was thrashing around on the ground, screaming bloody murder. Harry dropped to his knees, his eyes blurring over. Blood streamed out of Voldemort’s eyes and nose. Next began his ears, until his entire face was drenched in blood, making him look even more skeleton-like. Harry struggled to stay upright.

“Come on, Harry. Almost there,” a soothing voice muttered. Harry found it difficult to breath. Was he going to die? No…he couldn’t…not now, when he was so close. Voldemort’s screams of torture filled Harry’s own head, and it was as if he was also feeling the pain. Then, finally, Voldemort stopped screaming, and lay motionless on the ground, slumped in a puddle of his own blood. At that moment Harry dropped to the ground too, his eyes fluttering closed….His scar gave a painful throb for the last time.






“Harry? HARRY!” a desperate female voice called. “HE’S AWAKE! EVERYBODY! HE’S AWAKE!!” Harry winced as the screech of joy filled his pounding head. “Oh, sorry Harry,” the voice said, whispering now. He now heard the thumping of feet slapping on steps, and then entering the room, breathless.

“Oh, thank Merlin,” somebody sobbed.

“Harry…” a melancholy, rather scratchy voice said.

“Brilliant,” a choked voice said, overflowing with joy. Harry’s eyes opened heavily. He couldn’t see! But then somebody put his glasses on, and he saw the four people he cared about most standing around his bed. Sirius, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione were all smiling brightly, tears staining their faces. Harry looked around, and saw that he was in St. Mungo’s. He also noticed that he had been given a room all to himself. He saw flowers, chocolates, and pictures of people he didn’t even recognize filled the room. He looked confusedly at Ginny.

“A few of your fans seemed to be grateful that you saved the world…no idea why,” Sirius supplied.

“There’s even more in a separate room. I don’t know how we’re going to get it all back home,” Ginny muttered happily, obviously wanting to burst into tears of joy, but afraid to do it in front of him. Harry smiled. He opened one of his arms, and she hugged him tightly, burying her face in his shoulder. “I was so worried about you…”

“I’m alright,” Harry muttered, kissing her on top of the head. Ron and Hermione smiled, holding each other’s hands tightly. He then looked at Sirius, afraid to ask the question that had popped into his head as soon as he had awoken. “Where’s Voldemort?”

“Dead,” Sirius said, a slow smile creeping across his face.

“Voldemort… is dead,” Harry muttered, saying it aloud, feeling the taste of the sweet words on his tongue. He looked at Hermione and Ron, who were both standing back hesitantly. Ron was also tearing up. Harry grinned, and Ron and Hermione came over, both embracing Harry tightly. “You two alright?”

“Yeah,” Ron said. “Especially now that you’re awake, mate.”

“Oh, Harry. You did it! He’s gone!” Hermione rejoiced.

“Yeah, but now Harry has to go to jail…” Sirius said sadly. The room got deadly quite.

“WHAT?!” Ron, Hermione, and Ginny roared at once.

“Well, he used an Unforgivable Curse,” Sirius concluded. Harry stared, this fact sinking into his brain. He would have to go to jail? But then he saw Sirius’ lips twitch, just before he burst into laughter. “I had you going so good…” he gasped between laughter.

“Ha ha,” Harry said sardonically, but before long, the entire room was filled with laughter. Hermione rolled her eyes. As the laughter died down, Harry frowned. He felt…different. It was as if half of his world had gone. His whole life had been Voldemort. Even before he had been born his life was fated to be intertwined with Voldemort’s. What was he to do now? He looked at Ginny, and smiled. He knew exactly what he wanted to do.

“Ginny, I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” Harry muttered, his mind reeling. Ginny smiled, her eyes refilling with tears.

“I’ve waited for you to say that,” she muttered, and, ignoring everybody else that was in the room, pressed a kiss to his mouth. Harry returned it, and before long, they were lost in each other.

“Ahem,” Sirius said, rather embarrassedly. Harry and Ginny broke away, smiling. But then Harry remembered something. Rosmerta…did Sirius know?

“Sirius,” Harry said, holding Ginny’s hand for support. Sirius looked at him, still smiling.

“What is it?”

“Well, when I fought with Voldemort, that Priori Incantatum thing happened again,” Harry said, trying to see read Sirius’ face. It was rather confused, so Harry continued. “Well, you know how it shows dead people…people that Voldemort killed…”

“Yeah…” Sirius said slowly.

“I saw Rosmerta,” Harry said quickly, looking away. There was complete silence. Harry chanced a glance at Sirius, and saw his face reddening in pain. He looked back at Harry to see if it was true. Harry nodded sadly. Sirius stood up, motioned that he was sorry, but needed to leave, and rushed out the door. Harry closed his eyes in pain and leaned his head against the head-board.

“He’ll get over it. Don’t worry,” Ron said sadly. Harry nodded, sure Ron was right. It didn’t seem like a very serious relationship, even if they were married. Harry doubted they were actually in love.

“Harry, I want to show you something,” Ginny said, trying to smile. Harry watched as she got off his bed and walked over to the side table. She grabbed a mirror and placed it in his hands. Harry frowned at her in confusion. “Look at yourself,” she urged. Harry looked oddly at his own reflection.

He saw a rather pale, seventeen year old. He was slightly skinny, but had grown into a very handsome young man. He had bright green eyes, and jet-black hair that had a permanent wind-swept look to it. And in the middle of his forehead was a…he froze. Squinting, he moved the mirror closer. He pulled his bangs back, searching his forehead. A smile spread itself across his entire face. His scar…it was gone!

Voldemort was officially dead. There was no trace of him left in Harry. No scars, no regrets, and no fear. Harry was a new person, with a new life, and it didn’t involve The Dark Lord, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Tom Riddle, or Lord Voldemort.

Harry closed his green eyes, clutching the hand of the woman he loved. It was over. The war was over. He could, for the first time in his life, feel truly happy.


The End



A/N: Well, that's my story! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Oddly, this story turned out to have the same amount of chapters as Mirror! Thanks to everybody who reviewed, giving me encouragement and critiques. Both made my writing so much better, and I can assure you that every time I saw a new review, it literally made me smile! I'm sure you all noticed the EXTREME longness of this chapter, but know that it is only because I just didn't want to let go! I simply didn't want to end the story, because, oddly, I felt like I was literally saying goodbye to actual people. Alright, I won't bore you further. Just please review, let me know what you think. Love ya.

Lish
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4896