Teddy by hufflepuffgal
Summary: A poem about one thing that Harry and Voldemort both own: a teddy bear.
Categories: Poetry Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 243 Read: 1888 Published: 05/14/06 Updated: 05/16/06

1. Teddy by hufflepuffgal

Teddy by hufflepuffgal

Once upon a time in a quiet little house, there sat a young man filled with worry.
He didn’t know yet what was in store for him, but he wanted to know in a hurry.

He knew that soon to coming was a battle, to end a most evil filled reign.
He knew that life and that death stood before him, and that they both knew him by name.

Young as he was his life had been full of sorrow, of love, and of hate.
And he knew not yet what was to become of him and the man with the snake-like face.

As he lay in bed trying to sleep he started to talk aloud.
To the only think that had always been there: a cute stuffed bear of brown.

He told him of fear and of anger and hate; of love, and of strength, and of courage.
He told him he knew what was soon to come, and he didn’t know how to conquer it.

And miles away the same scene as this was taking place with the enemy.
And neither knew of this similarity: That each of them owned a Teddy.

Nor were they to find out, for on the very next day:
Good conquered evil; no more was the man with the snake-like face.

But on an empty bed sat a Teddy,
Not destined to move again.
His master was dead.
His only friend was no more.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=50839