An Interview with Rita Skeeter by Potter_Crazy2987
Summary: This is what happens after the final battle with Voldemort (Harry wins, of course!) when Harry is interviewed by a nosy Rita Skeeter.
Categories: Post-Hogwarts Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 859 Read: 4493 Published: 05/14/07 Updated: 05/23/07

1. Chapter 1 by Potter_Crazy2987

Chapter 1 by Potter_Crazy2987
Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfiction so I hope you all like it!!!
Harry Potter was once again shut in a broom closet, this time at the Weasley’s house. He was with Rita Skeeter, a reporter for the wizarding newspaper, the Daily Prophet. This was a week after Harry’s defeat of Lord Voldemort.
The interview (which Harry was very reluctant about) went just like this…

‘So, Harry, at 12 years of age, how did you manage to vanquish the Dark Lord when no Aurors that have come of age could defeat him themselves?’

‘I’m not 12, I’m 17!’

‘Harry, Harry. In life there are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can’t, okay? Now let’s continue…’

‘FINE!’

‘How did you do it? How did you kill He-Who-Must-Not–Be–Named?’

‘Well… I… I found him hiding out in underground London… er… well I didn’t torture him or anything like that…I had destroyed the parts of his soul…’

‘Harry, you’re being very vague.’

‘Because I don’t wanna talk about it’

‘Well what in the wizarding world was the point of this interview?’

‘I USED AVADA KEDAVRA, OKAY??? I promised myself that I wouldn’t, you know, because that’s the spell he MURDERED MY PARENTS WITH, BY THE WAY!’

‘So you’re ashamed?’

‘Not really, because now Voldemort’s gone, hasn’t he? I mean, the wizarding community isn’t in much danger anymore, really, except Bellatrix Lestrange is still on the run from the law.’

‘Alright…’

Harry was relieved to see that Rita Skeeter had stopped using her awful Quick-Quotes Quill but still he wasn’t sure if Rita would be able to stop herself from altering his story.

‘How’s your love life, Harry?’

‘None of your business.’

‘C’mon… the last I heard was that you and a feisty red head called Ginny Weasley were getting pretty serious…’

‘We’re engaged,’ Harry said stiffly.

‘You don’t sound very happy about that.’

‘I AM! You just butt out, okay?’

‘Yes, sir… alright. I’ve heard a popular rumour that you are starting Auror training?’

‘Yeah that’s true.’

‘Are you treated differently there because, you are, well, the ‘Chosen One’ and you defeated You-Know-Who?’

‘Yep. It’s okay though because my best friend, Ron Weasley, he is training too, although the head of Auror training doesn’t think we need much at all because we defeated Voldemort.’

‘I thought it was just you who defeated him.’

‘Well, I’m the one that killed him but my best friends, Ron and Hermione Granger, they helped a great deal too.’

‘So what was your reward for killing You-Know-Who?’

‘Ron, Hermione and I got an Order of Merlin, First Class each and the Order of the Phoenix now has a huge area inside the Ministry of Magic where we can research and track known Death Eaters that are still on the loose.’

‘Did you hear about what happened to Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape? I was under the impression that they were your enemies.’

‘Yeah, they deserve their life sentence in Azkaban.’

And so the interview went on, with more minor questions from Rita about the defeat of Voldemort and of Harry’s engagement to Ginny Weasley, but Harry didn’t answer any more questions about his romantic life.

*~*~*
This is the report that Rita Skeeter submitted to the editor of the Daily Prophet, Travis Dragnott.

A remarkable feat was achieved by the 12 year old boy named Harry John Potter when he managed to dispose of the feared Dark Lord. Harry Potter quoted ‘I found that he was hiding in Southern India and I found him and tortured him until he begged for me to stop and then I ruthlessly killed him.’ Harry Potter also says that he had no help whatsoever from anybody in defeating You-Know-Who, and that if Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape weren’t sent to Azkaban for life, he would’ve captured them and kept them in his cellar, chained to the walls.

Harry’s love life is booming. When he is not seen with Ginny Weasley, he is known to be in the pub or walking the streets with his arm around a few ladies who definitely aren’t Miss Weasley. Harry Potter has said that he will change his ways though, and he and Ginny are to be married on the 15th of October. The wedding is open to the public.





Travis Dragnott called a meeting with Harry Potter and Rita Skeeter the following morning. Travis handed Harry the report and Harry had to read it twice to actually believe what he was reading.

‘WHAT IN THE WORLD GOES ON IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS, SKEETER?’ he roared.

‘I took an IQ test and the results were negative,’ answered Rita.

‘I DON’T WANT PEOPLE TO CRASH MY WEDDING!’

Harry told Travis that the article was a load of rubbish and Rita Skeeter was sacked that very morning.

Now she works at a Wizard Supermarket at the checkout, and when she sees Harry Potter she runs and hides, for fear that he would get her fired from her current job, too.

THE END
*~*~*
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=67272