The Marauder's Map... In The Wrong Hands! by Sainyn Swiftfoot
Summary: In the dead of the night, someone steals Harry's Marauder's Map.

What happens?

Insanity, hilarity and catastrophe, of course! (This wouldn't be a humour story if it didn't, would it?)

As different people try to activate the Marauder's Map, the four infamous Marauders answer back, in their own wonderful style.
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 886 Read: 4241 Published: 07/17/08 Updated: 07/20/08
Story Notes:
Thanks so much to Brandi/the*evenstar, Arya/go go ravenclaw, and Teh Schmergster/Schmerg_The_Impaler for beta'ing this fic! Thanks for the awesome job!

*checks hair* *checks age* *checks size* *checks gender* Nope. My TRANSFORM INTO JKR potion hasn't still worked. Till then, I'm very sorry to say that I don't own the Harry Potter universe, or anything else that you recognise.

1. Prologue: In Which Parvati Patil Is Shocked by Sainyn Swiftfoot

Prologue: In Which Parvati Patil Is Shocked by Sainyn Swiftfoot



Harry Potter was sitting on his four-poster bed in the Gryffindor Tower with his friend, Ron Weasley. They were peering over what looked like a piece of old parchment. Harry looked around to see the gentle raising and falling of Dean’s chest as he slept and Neville sleeping peacefully in his bed. Harry muttered something under his breath and tapped the map with his wand. They whispered to each other excitedly, before walking out of the room. An hour later, when they returned, Harry quickly packed the parchment away into the bottom of his trunk. He and Ron got back to their respective beds and slept.

Slowly, a dark figure tiptoed over to the bed and took the parchment carefully, from the trunk. He then slipped into a neighboring bed, clutching the parchment gleefully. He had done what she had asked of him. Now, would she realise his true feelings for her? He fell back, dreaming very interesting dreams.




“Well, Parvati, here’s the thing you wanted,” said Dean, handing her a piece of parchment. “What’s the big deal about it anyway?”

“Dean, Dean, Dean,” Parvati said, shaking her head. “Don’t you realise that Harry is the single coolest guy in the WHOLE of Hogwarts right now? No offense to you, of course.”

“So?” Dean looked blank and slightly put off.

“Don’t you realise? If Harry spends so much of time looking at it, it must be important. Well… bye!” She walked off towards the Gryffindor common room. Dean reeled back, struck by her words. She had said his name three times in a row! Oh, so this was what it felt like to be loved back by someone you loved…




“Specialis revelio!” The spell she’d asked from Hermione Granger worked. Words slowly appeared on the parchment. Parvati couldn’t contain her excitement. Was it a love letter?

Mr Padfoot is surprised that his godson is so popular that girls go so far as to steal personal things from him. Mr Padfoot also asks you, Parvati Patil, age: sixteen, height and weight: *ahem*, best friend to Lavender Brown and twin sister to Padma Patil, to please lay her hands off his godson’s belongings. He is already taken, sorry. Or did you not notice him crashing into walls when Ginny Weasley walks past him?

Parvati dropped it onto her lap, shaking and shivering. Was it a piece of Dark Magic? How did it kno-

Mr Moony requests Parvati to not be surprised and reveal less on Fey’sBook if she doesn’t want others to know her details. Mr Moony also asks her to get a life and stop running after boys she knows she won’t get. Dean Thomas seems to have an eye for you …
P.S: Girly screams do not turn him on, though.

Mr Wormtail says, Uh… I know how you feel… I had a little unrequited love in my school days… er… and… well… so… that’s all…

Mr Prongs cuts in on the pathetic whimpering and says that though he isn’t surprised that his son is so popular (after all, Harry is his son) he asks Parvati not to follow Harry like a rat with a face like an eager dog. Mr Prongs admits how much girls can resemble werewolves hunting their prey when they are infatuated (the girls, not the werewolf).

Ms Dun-Bar advises arrogant toerag Prongs to stop being so hard on a poor boy-crazy girl or feel the pain of one of Ms Dun-Bar’s potions which might accidentally fall into Prongs’ pumpkin juice.

Mr Prongs interrupts Ms Dun-Bar here to ask her a polite question: “DUN-BAR? What the ruddy hell is that? Do they sell Firewhisky there?”

Ms Dun-Bar says that it isn't her fault that Prongs pays no attention in Herbology and that a Dun-Bar is a small brown moth that feeds on lilies.

Mr Prongs admits that he can see how Dun-Bar looks like a moth.

[Brief interruption as Ms Dun-Bar hexes Prongs]

Ms Dun-Bar says, Well dear, as I was saying, being crazy about Harry is not a bad thing, but Harry just likes another girl. Why don’t you just try to forget him and try to work on Dean?


Parvati looked at the paper for one more second, before throwing down on the table. What was this? Should she give it in to Professor Mc’Gonagall? Just then, an idea struck her. Draco Malfoy was going to be so repaid for laughing at her… All because she had brought twenty-five tubes of Hot.E lipstick to a Quidditch match! She just had to give him the parchment with an anonymous note. Just thinking about it brought a smile to Parvati’s face.

She would do it in Potions: just putting it into Draco's notes with a note saying it would be useful was enough. Or better still, the note could say that it was a gift from Pansy Parkinson- no, then he would run away faster than the toad when she hears the ominous clip-clop of centaur hoofs… Anonymity was the best. This was sure to inculcate more gossip than anything that had ever happened at Hogwarts- including that incident when someone had inserted some rectangular pastry-kind-of-thing into some Muggle device in the Muggle studies class...
End Notes:
So I invented Fey'sBook- any idea as to what Muggle thing it is a parody of? (The previous question is an excerpt from the new book; "Questions Too Easy To Have In A Kindergarten Test" Yung T Cher)

What did you think of the story? Stupid? Awesome? Not understandable? Please tell me!

~BB
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=80200