Letters Home by RavenclawHeadGirl
Summary: Lily Luna Potter's letters home during her first week at Hogwarts. Letters come from Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione, Bill and Fleur, and George Angelina and Roxanne.
Categories: Next Generation Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1480 Read: 1799 Published: 05/05/12 Updated: 05/11/12
Story Notes:
Lavander is a single mother to Missy Brown and Paige Taylor is a random Muggle born. These are the only original characters, the rest belong to the wonderful Jo Rowling. I am just taking them for a ride around the block and back.

1. Chapter 1 by RavenclawHeadGirl

Chapter 1 by RavenclawHeadGirl
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!
September 2

Mum and Dad,

I guess you’ve already heard from Al and James, but I’m not a Gryffindor. I’m a Ravenclaw. I’m sorry, I know you wanted all your kids in your old house, but the Sorting Hat said I’m just like Auntie Luna! How does the hat do that? Please don’t be mad. I really like all the girls in my dorm, there’s me, Lavender’s daughter, Missy, Alice Longbottom, Kylie Peak, and Peyton Rogers. Everybody is super nice. Kylie is a Muggle born, so me and the rest of the girls have been helping her out. I think Kylie is the nicest. Last night we were all in the Common Room and a fourth year called Paige Taylor told us about the teachers and the fastest ways to get to class. She told us to come to her if we needed anything. It’s good to know I have an older girl to talk to. I’m sorry I didn’t write sooner, and that this is such a short letter, but Paige is going to show us around school. Hug everyone for me? Miss you, wish me luck!
Love Always,
Lily


September 2

Auntie Mione,

Ravenclaw, just like you said! Are Mum and Daddy mad at me? Because I know they wanted me in Gryffindor. Everyone in my dorm is super nice, especially a girl called Kylie Peak, she’s Muggle born (like you!) so she didn’t know much about magic or our world or anything! At first I wondered if you were like that too, then I remembered how much you probably read about magic. Some older girls are really nice and offered to give us a tour tonight. Missy Brown and Alice Longbottom are in our dorm as well, it’s nice to have people I’ve known forever here. It’s almost like our sleepovers we had at home! I love it here already! I miss you all and I’m sorry I can’t write longer, but classes start tomorrow and I want to get to know the castle a little more. I promise I’ll be good and won’t break any rules. Say hi to Uncle Ron for me!
Love always,
Lils


September 4

Mum and Dad,

Thanks for not being mad, I was so scared! Al and James told me I was being dumb and that you would be proud of me for not being a Squib :). Missy and Alice told me too. Inside I knew you wouldn’t be mad at me, but I want to make you proud more than anything.

Classes started two days ago. I think I like Charms the best. Transfiguration is really cool as well, especially how McGonagall can turn into a cat! Is she an animagus? Do you know anyone who’s an animagus? Potions isn’t bad, but I’m not that good. Neither is Alice Longbottom (she gets that from her dad). History of Magic is torture. Binns is still there. DADA is cool, we haven’t really done anything yet except read though. Herbology is cool, our teacher is this man called Neville Longbottom, have you met him? Just kidding! Nev is an awesome teacher, but Alice is having a hard time calling him Professor Longbottom and not Dad and me and Missy are trying not to call him Nev.

WE START FLYING LESSONS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m really excited; you know how much I love to fly! I don’t think that they will let me down. I think I’m going to try out for the Quidditch team, and use a school broom. I want to play Seeker just like Daddy. Alice is really nervous, I guess her dad told her what happened his first time on a broom….

I need to get a good night’s sleep if I want to fly good tomorrow. I’ll write telling you how it goes! Love you and miss you!
Lots of love,
Lily


September 4

Uncle Ron,

FLYING LESSONS START TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry I haven’t written to MY FAVORITE UNCLE :) I guess by now you know I’m in Ravenclaw, it’s nice here; everyone is nice blah, blah, blah. History of Magic is awful just like you said, Binns is still here.

But I know you don’t care about that, so flying! Quidditch tryouts are tomorrow as well, I think I want to try for Seeker. Do you think I’m good enough? No first year has been on any team since Dad.

Wish me luck :P
~Lils


September 6,

Mum and Dad,

You are reading a letter written by the NEW RAVENCLAW SEEKER!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out like, 5 seconds ago and rushed up stairs to tell you :) Apparently I’m the first 1st year to be on any house team since you played Daddy! Our first game is in a week! I’m nervous and excited at the same time; Ravenclaw hasn’t won the Quidditch cup in over TEN YEARS! I really want to win for you Daddy.

Enough about Quidditch, I can’t believe Granddad Potter and Sirius were animagi! That’s really awesome! How long did it take them? Was it hard? Did it hurt when they transformed? Why did they become them? What animals were they? Did they know anyone else who was one? Do you know the answers to any of these questions?

Sorry I can’t write long, I have Quidditch practice!
XOXO,
Lils


September 7

Uncle George, Aunt Angie, and Roxie,

Well here I am. Hogwarts is amazing so far! Sorry I haven’t written, I’ve been really busy. I’ve been made Seeker for the Ravenclaw team! I’m the first 1st year since Dad! My first game is on the 12th. I’m really excited and really nervous at the same time.

Everyone in my dorm is nice, I’m with Missy Brown, Alice Longbottom, Peyton Rogers, and a Muggle born called Kylie Peak.

I’ve heard some stories about things you did while you were at school Uncle George. What were you thinking?!?! How did you not get expelled? There’s a SWAMP in one of the corridors with a plaque with your name on it! How did you manage to put a swamp in Hogwarts? Write back soon!
Love,
Lily


September 7

Uncle Bill and Auntie Fleur,

Hi! I’m sorry I haven’t written, but I have good news! I’m the new Ravenclaw Seeker! Our first game is September 12!

Classes are good, I really like Charms. We started levitating things! I was the first one to make a feather fly! It was really cool! I like Transfiguration too, but it’s hard! McGonagall makes it look so easy! History of Magic is dreadful, I think 95% of my notes are drawings, 3% are conversations with the person next to me, and the last 2% are actual notes. Oh well.

My dorm is nice. Alice Longbottom and Missy Brown are in my dorm, it’s nice to have someone I know in my dorm. Do you know anyone by the last name Taylor? Because one of the older girls called Paige Taylor has been really nice and I’ve never heard of her family. I think she’s a Muggle born, but I don’t want to be rude and ask.

I miss all of you so much! Write back soon!
Love,
Lily


September 7

Auntie Mione,

Hi Auntie Mione! How are you and Uncle Ron? I’m good, classes are good, blah blah. We started levitating things in Charms! I was the first one to make the feather fly!! The boy next to me kept saying the spell wrong so I corrected him and Professor Flitwick said I was just like you! What did he mean?
Tell Uncle Ron I made Seeker for the house team!
Miss you and write back soon!
Love,
Lils


September 8

Mum and Dad,

Well my first week at Hogwarts is over! I’m having so much fun so far! Remember that girl I told you about, Paige? Uncle Bill says that she’s a Muggle born, I was wondering if she was because I’ve never heard of anyone by the surname Taylor. She said she read so many books before she got here to learn about magic. Sound like Auntie Mione!

How is everyone at home? I miss you all so much! I’m really glad that Alice and Missy are in my dorm, it’s nice having almost family in my dorm.

Dad, you were right! The food here is like eating happiness! The treacle tart is probably my favorite. Oh, now my mouth is watering! Good thing it’s time for dinner? Miss you! Write back soon.
Love,
Lils
End Notes:
That review box looks very sad all empty like that.....
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=91462