Love, Lily by dmbw7052
Summary: A collection of letters from Lily to Sirius

This was written when I saw it was Lily/Padfoot11333's birthday. I had the idea in my head for a while, and it seemed the perfect time to write it. Sorry it's so late.
Categories: Marauder Era Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1381 Read: 1559 Published: 05/16/13 Updated: 05/18/13
Story Notes:
Many thanks to Maple for betaing this so quickly.

1. Chapter 1 by dmbw7052

Chapter 1 by dmbw7052
Dear Padfoot,


We miss you so badly. James just mopes around the house, randomly setting things on fire. He feels so cooped up since he can't go anywhere and only Order members can visit. The loneliness doesn't affect me quite so much. I have Harry to take care of. He's holding up quite well and is just starting to crawl. I'm afraid he's taking after James. His father must be teaching him how to get in trouble. Only yesterday, I caught Harry trying to get out of his crib, so I charmed it so he can't.


As long as James doesn't teach him how to be an Animagus, I think our son will grow up to be a responsible boy, unlike his father and godfather. You and James are going to be the worst influences on him. It might be a bit of a good thing that you're on a long mission so you can't corrupt our son.


Just kidding, Padfoot. We really do miss you. Even Harry seems to be getting a bit sad. If only you could Apparate or Floo here. We've asked Dumbledore, but he won't take the wards down for even a minute.


I better go. Harry is waking up from his nap and will surely be hungry. I'll write tomorrow, if I can.


Love, Lily



Dear Padfoot,


So sorry I didn't write yesterday, but there was an Order meeting we had to be at. We left Harry with Mrs. Figg. I swear, that lady never gets older. What is she? Seventy? I have no idea, but at least Harry is safe with her. No one would suspect a Squib of sheltering Harry, especially You-Know-Who. He would never think an inferior person to be capable of going against his wishes.


Anyway, Dumbledore had us use James' invisibility cloak to Apparate to the meeting. That cloak is way too small for two adults. My feet were sticking out the whole way. Unfortunately, we can't get another, so it will have to do. We couldn’t really do much in way of action, since James and I can’t even leave the house except to go to headquarters


Enough about my problems. I hope you are doing well. I suppose you travel in your Animagus form quite often. Sometimes, I wish I could be one. James says I would probably be a doe. That might just be his own idea though. I tend to think of myself as a fox. Mostly because I have red hair, but I do think I'm clever. Why do I always end up talking about myself?


Well, it seems that James has once again managed to frighten Harry into a screaming fit. Hope to see you soon Padfoot.

Love, Lily



Dear Padfoot,


The leaves started to fall today. It was so sad to just sit at the window andwatch them fall to the ground, knowing that I couldn't go outside. James tried to keep himself busy with reading, but I could tell he was very unhappy and trying not to show it. I wasn't too happy myself, but I tried to be happy for Harry's sake. Right now, he's sitting beside me, chewing on his hand. He must think it's delicious or something. Oh my, he just stick his drool-covered hand in my face.


Oh, Padfoot, we miss you so badly. There is absolutely nothing to do around here. Nothing! I try to sound cheerful, but it's driving me crazy. I have to get out of here and go somewhere. Anywhere. Absolutely anywhere. When are you coming back? James is miserable, and it's driving me bonkers. Please come back soon.


Love, Lily



Dear Padfoot,


I was so glad to get your letter and hear you're doing well. So many of our friends are hurt, on the run, or worse, dead. We can only hope that this war will be over soon; that the world would be a safe place for our children and grandchildren. James says that a lot. He would do anything for Harry. I suppose all fathers are the same that way. It might just be a dream though, and it might never happen. We could all die, and evil might dominate. I hope that's not the case. It would be a terrible world to live in.


I was supposed to be writing to cheer myself up. It seems that everything I do centers around this stupid war. Why can't life be normal? It's not fair!


I sound like a spoiled little girl. I suppose that I have some right to complain though. After all, I have a mad man after me. But what am I doing to stop him? Nothing. I'm just sitting at home, minding a baby. Very productive.


Well, Padfoot, dinner awaits. Actually, it will soon await, as I still have to make it.


Love, Lily



Dear Padfoot,


It's getting a bit colder now. I had to cast a warming spell on Harry. James dismally failed with his, so I had to do it for him. That man is awful at charms. I have no idea how he passed his OWLs. At least he's good at Transfiguration.


Are you coming for Christmas? James really wants you to, and of course, I do too. Dumbledore said he would alter the wards if you wanted to Floo here. I tell you, that man is an evil genius. He does a brilliant job of protecting us, but so very few people can visit. Safe, but unhappy. What a tragic story we are.


Anyway, I'm holding Harry and he seems to want to tell you something. It's mostly gibberish, but perhaps it will make sense to you.


Gibroo nopkip sooloo ippy wippy talato


As I said, gibberish, but Harry seemed to think it was important to tell you. Maybe it's in code.


Once again, duty (or rather James) calls. I must be off!


Love, Lily


Dear Padfoot,


It's the day after Christmas, and James is, once again, moping. Aren't the holidays supposed to be happy and cheerful? They used to be. Until I joined the Order that is. I can't seem to remember a single Christmas since that hasn't been plagued by worry. I know it's all for the good of this world, but couldn't we have stayed out of it? Every day, I imagine how it would be of a Death Eater killed James or Harry. I don't think I could cope. What if James and I died? Who would take care of Harry? I know you would, but he needs a mother to love and care for him. Poor dear, having to grow up in a worlds filled with hate and strife. It's not fair.


There I go again, complaining. Really though, what else is there to do? So little joy happens in our lives that our greatest excitement is when a letter arrives. Pathetic, isn't it? Lily Potter, moping around. I'm almost as bad as James! Well, not quite. At least I don't sit in the same chair all day long and glare at people. He hasn't even tried to prank me once! I'm afraid he isn't ever going to be the same. What happened to my handsome, fun loving husband?


Got to go again. Harry's diaper needs changing.


Love, Lily



Dear Padfoot,


What can I say? The nerve of him! How could he do this to us? It's awful to forbid ANYONE from visiting at all. What are we supposed to do? Not see a single human being for a year?. It's the only link I have to my friends, apart from writing letters. And to think, we could be in hiding for years, not talking or seeing anyone except Dumbledore. I'd think I'll go crazy! And James? Well, he'd fare even worse than me. He's already going crazy.


Oh, Padfoot, we'll miss you more than words can say. You've always been there for us, and have been James' best friend for years. In these past months, you've become more than an acquaintance. You're more like family now. The brother I never had. How can I say goodbye? We might never see you again! If we don't, please take care of Harry and tell Moony and Wormtail that we love them both dearly. Until we meet again.


Love, Lily
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=92802