Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Almost Me Again by nuw255

Printer
Summary: Harry Potter disappears immediately after defeating Lord Voldemort, and the circumstances all point to him being dead. But when has Harry ever been known to just roll over and die? Join Harry on a journey of self-discovery to find the family he never knew he had.

Post-Hogwarts H/G
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 14 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 58359 Viewcount: 50231
Published on: 04/07/07 Updated On: 10/31/07





1. Prologue: The Final Battle by nuw255 [ - ] (1419 words)
Harry Potter has his final duel with Lord Voldemort, and promptly disappears.
2. Chapter 1: John Doe Wheatfield by nuw255 [ - ] (2330 words)
What happened to Harry? Get ready to find out!
3. Chapter 2: Job Interview by nuw255 [ - ] (3033 words)
Harry finally meets up with his cousin and then has a very interesting job interview. This chapter takes place ten years after the previous one.
4. Chapter 3: Ottery St. Catchpole by nuw255 [ - ] (2249 words)
Harry travels to Ottery St. Catchpole and ends up being told something very disturbing.
5. Chapter 4: Searching for Answers by nuw255 [ - ] (2834 words)
After their initial meeting, Harry and Ginny both try to figure out what’s going on and what they should do about it.

Finals are over, and the new baby has arrived and is perfectly healthy, so I'm back. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

6. Chapter 5: Confirmation by nuw255 [ - ] (4921 words)
Harry continues searching for evidence to either corroborate or disprove Ginny’s claims, and finally comes to the inevitable decision: he must return to the Burrow.
7. Chapter 6: The Memory-Restoring Potion by nuw255 [ - ] (5935 words)
Harry grows increasingly desperate as the mysterious potion he received from Hermione seems to mock him. I’m sorry about the long wait on this one; a new baby and a new job are taking their toll on my free time.
8. Chapter 7: Return to Hogwarts by nuw255 [ - ] (3467 words)
The start of term brings some interesting surprises for Harry, some of which may prove very hard to live with.

I'm so sorry for taking so long with this update. Unfortunately, I've had a lot less free time than I expected this summer; however, I'm not abandoning either of my stories. If I take forever to answer reviews, just know that I'm using what little computer time I have to write new chapters. Thanks for your patience, everybody.

9. Chapter 8: Defense Against the Dark Arts by nuw255 [ - ] (3142 words)
Harry teaches his first DADA class and has his first dueling practice with Ginny. Neither goes quite as well as he would have liked.
10. Chapter 9: Explanations by nuw255 [ - ] (4108 words)
Harry knew he would be cornered by his nieces and nephews at some point. It’s not something he would want to deal with, but he’s going to have to sooner or later. As he’s about to find out, it will be sooner rather than later.
11. Chapter 10: Diagon Alley by nuw255 [ - ] (6836 words)
Harry and Ginny head off to buy Harry a new wand. However, Ollivanders isn’t the only shop in Diagon Alley, and they run into some people they would have preferred to avoid.
12. Chapter 11: Immaturity by nuw255 [ - ] (8344 words)
Harry is forced to take a fresh look at his perspective on life, and he may not like what he sees.
13. Chapter 12: Preparations by nuw255 [ - ] (5846 words)
Harry decides on a plan for how to “grow up.” He, Ginny, and the twins return to the Burrow and begin preparing for Christmas.

This chapter gave me a bit of trouble and I had to totally rewrite a large section of it, so that’s the reason for the delay. I hope you enjoy it!

14. Chapter 13: Gifts and Memories by nuw255 [ - ] (3895 words)
Harry takes a trip down Memory Lane and realizes a few things. Then it’s Christmas at the Burrow, and since word of Harry’s Pensieve has gotten around, everyone is particularly curious about what his present for Ginny will be.