Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Once There Was A Darkness: Year One by C_A_Campbell

Printer
Summary: Winner of the 2008 QSQ for Best Female Original Character. Twelve years ago, one man's life was changed forever by three simple words: “Severus, I'm pregnant.”

Now, twelve years later, a girl will embark on the journey of a lifetime. But life at Hogwarts for a first year is far from simple, especially not when she's in the same year as Harry Potter. She will face enemies, choices and danger, while struggling to deal with her past's dark secrets that, after all these years, still threatens to destroy her.

One girl's journey. One man's desperate search. One last chance for Severus Snape to find the daughter he lost.




Year One of Seven of the Once There Was A Darkness series. Year Two now posted.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 17 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 119478 Viewcount: 72303
Published on: 04/12/07 Updated On: 10/24/07





1. Prologue: Mourning of the Sky by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (3514 words)

2. Chapter One: A Girl Named Shiloh by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6431 words)

3. Chapter Two: Onward to Hogwarts! by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6142 words)
Thanks to the fabolous Kathy for beta-ing for me.
4. Destined to Be by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (4364 words)
thanks to Kathy for beta-ing this
5. Chapter Four: Unfavorable Arrangements by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (7872 words)
thanks again to my beta, Kathy, for her dedication to this
6. Chapter Five: The Auror's Daughter by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (9799 words)
Thanks to Kathy for her hard work on this. Also, dialogue from the scene of the first potion class comes from chapter seven of the Philospher's Stone: The Potion Masters. The conversation and events are, of course, the design of J. K. Rowling and I claim absolutely none of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Chapter Six: The Real Ghoul Of Halloween by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (7111 words)
Once again, you'll recognize the events that were not formed by my own imagination. Those that you recognize from the book belong solely to J.K.Rowling.

Thanks to my beta Kathy.

8. Chapter Seven: Explosive by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (9948 words)
I know that the timing in this and the beginning of the next chapter, might seem a bit off, but J. K. Rowling was never specific about the timing between Halloween in the Quidditch match. Most assume that it was probably the next day, but since the timing isn't certain, I decided to play around with it a little bit.

Thanks to Kathy for beta-ing this!!!

9. Chapter Eight: The Gryffindor Beaters by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (7608 words)
There somethings I can imagine, I can make, some things I haven't. Harry Potter is the invention of Jo Rowling. I claim none of the things you recognize, only the words I used to describe the scenes and the OC characters. I trust you, as HP fans, can tell the difference.

Thanks to Colores for beta-ing this.



10. Chapter Nine: Mirror, Mirror by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (9020 words)
JK Rowling owns Harry Potter, not me. If you recognize something or someone from the books, they are not my creation and I don't claim them. Thank you.

Thanks to Colores for betaing.



11. Chapter Ten: Confessions of Christmas by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (9422 words)

12. Chapter Eleven: Steal Away by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6543 words)

13. Chapter Twelve: A Time For Vengeance by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (7506 words)

14. Chapter Thirteen: Life's Little Ironies by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6163 words)

15. Chapter Fourteen: In the Dark by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6830 words)

16. Chapter Fifteen: Nothing But the Truth by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (6057 words)
part 1 of 2
17. Chapter Fifteen: Nothing But the Truth (pt 2) by C_A_Campbell [ - ] (5148 words)
part 2 of 2