Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Shine a Light by Sapphire at Dawn

Printer
Summary: Clariss Flint has always thought herself a normal teenage girl who attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. However, during her sixth year at Hogwarts she begins to experience flashbacks to the past, where she experiances the life of Miss Ara Grey, a girl who attended Hogwarts in the seventeenth century. Clariss uncovers Ara's dangerous affair with the handsome Potions Master of the time, and as she becomes more and more involved with discovering what happened to the lovers, she notices that their lives are incredibly similar. Clariss begins to find love of her own at Hogwarts, and an ultimatum leads her to discover just how much the dead can influence the living.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Student/Teacher Romance
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 9 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 23178 Viewcount: 28621
Published on: 11/28/09 Updated On: 09/19/10



Story Notes: I would like to say a huge thank you to my beta, Gina/gene24 who has been an amazing help with this story. This story is based on a book I read recently called 'Mariana' by Susanna Kearsley. Anything you recognise belongs to either her or JKR.


1. Chapter 1 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (2748 words)
Thanks to Gina/gene24 for beta'ing this. The poem at the beginning is part of 'Maybe' by Kirsten Burgh.
2. Chapter 2 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (2146 words)
Thank you to my wonderful beta, Gina (gene24) for helping with this chapter.
3. Chapter 3 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (1966 words)
Thanks once again to my amazing beta Gina/gene24!
4. Chapter 4 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (2219 words)
Thanks again to my beta's Gene24/Gina and twilighthpgirl/Becca for their fantastic job. Also thanks to Inverarity and Kerichi for their help with parts of this chapter in the Excerpts of Murtlap forum.
5. Chapter 5 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (2107 words)
Thanks once again to Gina/Gene24 for being a wonderful beta.
6. Chapter 6 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (1501 words)
So, this is the right chapter this time! As usual, thanks to my brilliant beta, Gina/gene24.
7. Chapter 7 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (2581 words)
Once again, major thanks to Gina/gene24 and her suggestions for the end of this chapter.
8. Chapter 8 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (4738 words)
Thanks to Gina/gene24 for being a wonderful beta!
9. Chapter 9 by Sapphire at Dawn [ - ] (3172 words)
Thanks to Gina/gene24 for beta'ing this, and also to zazzy7 for being a second pair of eyes.