Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Hidden Truth by majestic_ginny

Printer
Summary: Natasha Osborne- better known as Tash- is a perfectly normal girl living in Australia. She's got all the problems that a normal teenage girl has: quarrels, boys, studies, and the list can go on and on. But when her father is transferred to England, she has to attend Hogwarts. When Tash meets the Boy-Who-Lived, her perfect world turns upside-down.

Natasha Osborne learns the secret her family have been hiding since she was a year old.

She learns her whole identity was a lie.

Follow Tash through her seventh, but first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Warnings for violence and self injury are strictly for later chapters.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death, Mild Profanity, Self Injury, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 19887 Viewcount: 29239
Published on: 08/12/10 Updated On: 08/16/12



Story Notes: Hello guys! Thanks for reading this story. before you proceed, I'd like to clear up a few things first: Most of the things that happen in DH happens here, except that Fred, Snape, Lupin, Tonks, Dobby, Mad-Eye and all the other characters you love are alive. Voldemort is dead, and Snape's name is cleared. Oh, and Teddy is born as well, and so is Victoire. Basically, DH happens, but the good and loved characters are alive. Confusing? Maybe, but you'll get it if you read on!


1. Prologue: The Mystery by majestic_ginny [ - ] (892 words)
Thanks a lot to Emily (emck) for her superb suggestions, constructive critisism, and for being one of the best betas ever!

I'm not, and never will be JKR.

2. Chapter 1: The Girl by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2330 words)
Thanks a lot to my loveliest Beta, emck (Emily), without whom this fic would be in my recycle bin.

I am not JKR. If you thought that I was, I'd set a Basilisk on you. Just kidding :).

Ginosus and Anatinus are houses, by the way.

3. Chapter 2: The News by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1644 words)
Sorry for the delay, guys, I had writer's block, and RL was too hectic. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter :). This would have been unworthy of viewing had it not been for the best beta ever, Emily (Emck). Love ya, hon!

Evrything here belongs to JKR. I own my characters only.

4. Chapter 3: Goodbye, Australia by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1703 words)
Whoa, it's been a long time since I last updated! Im so sorry for the looong wait, guys, RL was terrible and I had writer's block, especially for editing this chapter. Trust me, you wouldn't want ot read the original; it was too cheesy. I've gotta thank Emily (Emck/Emck_21) for making this chapter readable. Thanks, hon! Muah!

I still think this chapter is just... too small. I promise to have a bigger chap next time!

I'm not JKR. I don't own anything except Tash, her family, and the Ministry Wizards :P.

5. Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home... Or Not! by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3365 words)
Sorry for the delay, guys! My school started, and grade 12 is already a pain. To compensate, I bring a much longer chapter than the last! Also, million thanks to my awesome beta, Emily (emck) who did an awesome job of betaing this story.

Chatsworth House is a real building in England. If you have seen Pride and Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightley) it's Mr Darcy's house in Pemberley. Again, thanks to Emily for suggesting this place.

I neither own Harry Potter or Chatsworth House, by the way. If I did, I'd have been super rich and I'd live in Chatsworth all the time.

6. Chapter 5: Housewarming Party by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3085 words)
I'm SO sorry for the delay guys. This chapter is sort of a filler chapter in terms of plot, but it's also a bit important because we see a post-war Draco here. Also, another one of the main characters appear.

Lots of thanks to my loveliest beta, Emily (Emck/Emck_21) for her inputs and changes. Without her, this fic would be nothing.

I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, I'd rule the world.

7. Chapter 6: Diagon Alley by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3369 words)
Sorry for the delay, guys! I have exams up soon so I don't really have time to write. I assure you, my updates will be so much more regular after May.

Gazillion thanks to Emily (Emck/Emck_21) for being one of the most awesome betas ever. Love ya, hun.

I am not, and will never be JKR. She's way too awesome.

8. Chapter 7: Hogwarts... Or Before It, Anyway. by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3499 words)
Sorry for the looong delay, guys. I finished my exams and then there was a lot of RL problems and I was way way way too busy.

Thanks to Emily for betaing this! Love ya, hun. And I am not JK Rowling. Everything belongs to her.