Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Time to Weep and a Time to Laugh by minnabird

Printer
Summary: It’s been seven months since Cyril Cresswell fought in the battle that saw the end of Voldemort, nine months since he learned that the Snatchers had murdered his father, and a full year since he lost the girl he loved.

Only the girl he loved hasn’t been lost to death like his father. She’s still walking and breathing and living in her parents’ house in Ottery St. Catchpole. She hasn’t spoken to him since Christmas Eve last year. She blames him for what she’s lost.

All of this means that for him, Christmas isn’t all that merry and bright this year. He doesn’t plan on celebrating it at all. But when his father appears as a ghost in his room on Christmas Eve, he’s swept along on a journey that may just change things for the better.

Cyril has been nominated for Best OC in the 2011 Quicksilver Quills awards. =D


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 5 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 11957 Viewcount: 13888
Published on: 12/17/10 Updated On: 03/31/11





1. Prologue by minnabird [ - ] (938 words)
Thanks to the wonderful Natalie/hestiajones for a very quick beta job done and to Jess for discussing minute details over AIM with me and just generally being really awesome.
2. Chapter 1 by minnabird [ - ] (4112 words)
Thanks to Natalie/hestiajones for betaing this and anyone I talked over this story with on AIM for their patience and/or help.
3. Chapter 2 by minnabird [ - ] (2330 words)
Thanks to Natalia/hestiajones for being awesome and beta'ing this for me, and anyone I moaned to over AIM - I'm sure I get more annoying as the deadline for this challenge gets closer.
4. Chapter 3 by minnabird [ - ] (2457 words)
Mucho thanks to my beta, Natalie/hestiajones.
5. Epilogue by minnabird [ - ] (2120 words)
Mucho thanks to my lovely beta, Natalie/hestiajones.