Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Brave Face by grangergirl35

Printer
Summary: Hermione has lived thirty-six years on this earth. The last twenty or so of them have been blissful and perfect, married to her best friend and lover. They have two beautiful children at Hogwarts. Ron's an Auror, and Hermione works in the new office at the Ministry, for the Mandatory Respect of Elf Rights Department. Then, one afternoon in February, she's called to St. Mungo's, where everything is ruined, and she's forced to remember the easier past.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 13 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 19551 Viewcount: 66758
Published on: 02/22/11 Updated On: 01/17/12



Story Notes: Here's a note from Captain Obvious: I'm not J.K. Rowling. I do not own rights to any of the J.K. Rowling franchise, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Enjoy my lesser writing if you wish. Just keep that in mind.


1. In St. Mungo's by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1292 words)
Hermione contemplates the future of her and her family- and her past with the dead man in front of her.
2. What the Knight Bus Brought; What the Stork Was Going to Bring by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1874 words)
Rose and Hugo come to Hermione's side and must learn the truth of their mother's pain, and Hermione remembers the happiest moment of her past with Ron, when Ginny's intuition proved perfect.
3. Morning at the Grangers'; Evening at the Burrow by grangergirl35 [ - ] (2092 words)
Hermione can't spend a night alone, or a morning with her family, and remembers one night at the Burrow, surrounded by family, where Ron asks to grow their smaller one.
4. The Article and the Abduction by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1921 words)
Things are really starting to pick up! This story will have a plot next chapter, one that will leave some of you quite happy. This is the last chapter that is all self-reflection, and is one of the longer ones, but it is the turning point in the story. Sorry for the delay, btw. Writers block, school, and a trip to the dentists and a morning under topocle kinda delayed me . . .
5. I'm Happy (Both of Us Are) by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1691 words)
Ready to be shocked?
nevilleherosnape and Kaiserin were brave enough to guess, but they were a bit off the mark . . . I don't think anyone could guess!

6. Disappearances Are Bloody Bothersome by grangergirl35 [ - ] (936 words)
Not a very good chapter, just a filler, but the next one will be great. Rose will have a plot, now, and so will Lily. I will be pulling at some heartstrings in later chapters, so review on what I've done so far in order to make huge plot changes MUCH MUCH BETTERRR!!! yay
7. Enter Rose by grangergirl35 [ - ] (827 words)
This one is reallly really short because I've been dealing with a lot of stress and emotional-induced writer's block lately :D Enjoy it and look forward to a longer installment soon! Oh, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check out my new story, Muggle Boy and Me, and review on that one because no one has!! and above all, REVIEW ON THIS ONE TOO!!
Yes, before you ask, I'm going slightly insane :D

8. Bella Notte by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1603 words)
Sorry guys about the long wait!! Thanks for reading My Brave Face, we're nearing the climactic chapters. I'm begging that you all REVIEW!! Review review review!! And please check out my other story, review on that one too!!
9. Mother and Friend by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1195 words)
I hope all of you are enjoying this? If you have reviewed, you're awesome. If you've reviewed more than once, then you're like, my BFF. If you have read and not reviewed, was it something I said? :(
10. Naïveté by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1262 words)
In the last chapter, in the last sentence, there was a typo where Scorpius tells Rose she'll see her "sister" again. For all of you who thought I just added ANOTHER plot twist, lo ciento. That was supposed to say "brother". Also, some of you wondered why Scorpius said "Draco" rather than just "my dad". You'll just have to wait and see why, won't you?
11. Building Tension, Mounting Turmoil by grangergirl35 [ - ] (2167 words)
We are nearing the end, my friends!! Please review!! I always respond to reviews, and stalk profiles of reviewers, and read stories that reviewers have and review on those. So it's a win-win, capeesh?
12. What Love Is by grangergirl35 [ - ] (1838 words)
Sorry about the delay!! Sophomore year really hit me between the eyes:O We are very near the end - thanks to all of you who reviewed and stuck with this story! I am so near the end of my first fanfic - over 9000 reads and 70 reviews means a lot :) Will have a conclusion and epilogue after this! Keep reading, keep reviewing!!
13. How The Story Ends by grangergirl35 [ - ] (853 words)
This is short, but sweet. It shows what you all wanted to know, and it ends my first fanfiction. Maybe it's not enough for some of you, but it's enough for me. Sorry for my inconsistency with updating, but I am thankful to all my reviewers and readers that gave me the confidence to write. Let's keep in mind that Rowling gave birth to all these characters, and my own imagination isn't in question here. Thanks to Rowling for a universe that makes magic real to all of us. :D