Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Touch of Ice by majestic_ginny

Printer
Summary: Aurors Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter are in charge of the Kenneth Lee murder case. Smart, funny and friendly, Kenny had no enemies. There was no motive for murdering him. Then why was he found dead late at night with a severe blow to his head? The only clues are the missing ring, a cigarette stub and lots of water and blood...

As the two Aurors start investigating, they find a lot of startling pieces of evidence... and not everyone being questioned is telling the truth.

This is majestic_ginny of Hufflepuff trying to finish her fic for the 2011 Mysterious May Challenge in the Great Hall, Prompt 2, even though the challenge is over.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Mystery
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Substance Abuse, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 14120 Viewcount: 22763
Published on: 06/08/11 Updated On: 07/14/12



Story Notes: I had a lot of fun writing this! Thanks to Soraya/babewithbrains for suggesting that I take this on, and also to my loving sis Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter for encouraging me even though I thought this was a bunch of crap. Also thanks to shows like Castle, Las Vegas and White Collar which inspire me to think of plots for Mystery fics!


1. Chapter 1 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1413 words)
Thanks a bunch to Soraya/babewithbrains for being such a wonderful beta!

I don't own Harry Potter or any of the other characters fron the book, but I do own my OCs!

2. Chapter 2 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1260 words)
Thanks a lot to Soraya (babewithbrains) for being such an awesome beta!

3. Chapter 3 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1268 words)
Thanks a lot to Soraya(babewithbrains) for the awesome betawork!

4. Chapter 4 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1406 words)
Gazillion thanks to Soraya (babewithbrains) for being a super-fast and amazing beta.

Rivelano portale: reveal the portal
Portarmi Avanti: bring forward
Monstrare velit: show the destination

I am not, and never will be, JKR.

5. Chapter 5 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1662 words)
Thanks a lot to my awesome beta, Soraya for all her edits and inputs. Love ya, hon.

This chapter contains drugs, though no one uses them. I still added the Substance Abuse warning just to be safe :) Also, the ingredients of the drugs are real leaves, but I really don't think they would make anything, except a blob of pastey stuff.

6. Chapter 6 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2080 words)
Firstly I'd like to apologise profusely for the long wait. My exams are over (finally!) and now I"m back to writing. I've got this story sorted out and the remaining stuff is almost written, so you can expect updates much quicker. There are just two or three more chapters left now. In the meantime, I'll go edit some parts of the previous chapters, adding in some more details.

I'm not JKR. Period.

7. Chapter 7 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2053 words)
Erm, this chapter contains a lot of profanity. You have been warned.

I'm not JKR. Her mysteries are much more awesome.


8. Chapter 8 by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2978 words)
When I was writing this story I wondered when it would end. And now that I'm about to post the last chapter, I feel... odd. It's like I've lost a part of me. This story was really close to my heart, because out of all my stories I've spent the most time planning this one - You'll find that my notebook is full of scribbles, notes and hastily jotted down plot points that I've had lost of trouble deciphering later. Well, at least now I can say that I've finally finished a chaptered story :D.

I've tried my best to fill up all the loopholes and gaps, but if you have any questions leave me a review and I'll try to answer it. Otherwise, leave me a review anyways to tell me how you found this story, they're really, really appreciated. Thanks to everyone who reviewed so far, and to everyone who stuck with me till the end. Love you all!

I'm not JK Rowling. Thanks to her for allowing me to fiddle with her characters, and special thanks and lots of love and squishes to Soraya (babewithbrains) for betaing this story and putting up with my countless spelling and grammar errors and for brilliantly shaping up the characters. Without her, this story would be a lot of tosh rotting in my recycle bin. And loads of huggles to Pooja (Ginny Weasley Potter) for being an awesome sister and for all the encouragement and support she's provided me. Love ya, hun.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read this story. You guys are all way too awesome.