Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never Let Go by majestic_ginny

Printer
Summary:
DAUGHTER OF MINISTER FOR MAGIC FOUND DEAD

Lucy Weasley, eldest daughter of Minister for Magic Percy Weasley, was found dead in her room early yesterday morning. Forensics has revealed that the death occurred due to poisoning, though the nature of the poison is yet to be confirmed.


Harry Potter has a difficult job at hand. Well, being an Auror has never been simple, but when the victim is a part of the family, things are bound to become far worse. Relations are put to the test, and old secrets resurface. And sometimes, it may just get too personal…

This was my entry for the Great Hall Chaptered Challenge of 2012, but since that's over and long gone, I'll just get on with finishing the story.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 18 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 52397 Viewcount: 100488
Published on: 09/25/12 Updated On: 01/03/16



Story Notes: Thank you to my flist for putting up with my incessant nagging about this story and giving some brilliant suggestions. Special huggles to Alex, Ellie, Jamie, Minna and Pooja Di for helping me sort out a couple of stuff. All of you guys rock :D.

And of course, I'm not JKR. Her mysteries are far, far better than mine.





1. Prologue by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2112 words)

So here's the first chapter. I hope you all enjoy!



2. Chapter 1: On the Case by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2367 words)

Not JKR! And once again, my f-listers rock.



3. Chapter 2: Against the Grain by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2407 words)

Just a quick word -- This story contains cousin pairings. It's not incest, but I'm sorry if that puts you off reading :(.

Oh, and I'm going abroad for a month, so I don't think I'll update in that time. I'm sorry! But when I'm back, I promise I'll have updates :D I'll use my free time to write more chapters so that I don't lag behind! :)



4. Chapter 3: Vials by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2248 words)

Firstly, must apologise for that long, long wait. I've been away on vacation, as some of you might know, and after I came back I've had writer''s block.Now that I'm back in writer's mode, I've decided to go on a writing binge and the end product is here. I've also written half the next chapter too, so you might expect an update in the next week or so.

Aywho, I hope you enjoy this chapter! And I am not, and never will be JKR.



5. Chapter 4: Blind Accusations by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2176 words)

I updated early!



6. Chapter 5: Doubts by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2353 words)

Sorry for the delay, guys. I've just started university, and I haven't really had much time to write. My classes start at 9 30 and I come home at 7, and I have to sleep by 12. In the meantime I have to do homework and everything, so that's like, an hour for writing and readng anything. You can guess how hectic things have been.

Anyway, I hope this makes up for it! I've added a bit of Teddy/Victoire fluff in there ,and I hope it works for you. Enjoy!

I am not JKR.



7. Chapter 6: Deadly Evidence by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2952 words)

I know you guys probably want to kill me, and I really have no justification for disappearing like that. All I can say is I'm really, really sorry for disappearing. I had major writers block and I really, really didn't feel like writing at all. :(. But this is my longest chapter so far; all I can hope for is that this makes up for the delay.

If you are still reading this, then thanks for sticking with me! I really appreciate it :)

I am not JKR.



8. Chapter 7: Family values by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3280 words)

*Pops in*.

It's almost been 9 months since I last updated, oh my God. I can't even say how sorry I am, and I'm assuming I've lost more than half of my readers by now. I've had a terrible case of writers block that refused to go away, and I've finally got over it last week, so I sat down and quickly wrote this one. Somehow, I managed to crank out more than 3000 words, which is probably my biggest chapter till date.

Once again, I am so sorry. =(.

I don't own Harry Potter. All this belongs to JKR, except for my OCs.



9. Chapter 8: Hogwarts by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3631 words)

Right. I should never, ever make any promises about how long another update will take. I have deiced I'm very bad at deadlines and a very bad author for keeping you guys hanging like this. Universities suck. As do assignments and quizzes and life in general.

I am really, really sorry guys. And I'll just say that I will try to write more and update more frequenly, but if I can't remember that I'm not gonna abandon this fic. I'll update when I can, and it might take me a month or two, but I'm not abandoning this. I've got it all planned out. A huge shout out to Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter for sticking with me and pointing out my mistakes and just bearing with me. And lots of thanks to my student (Nubaira), who is not on MNFF by the way, for giving me some helpful plot points and evil ideas. Love you both.

By the way, the next chapter is done, too. I'll submit that the moment this is accepted. Yay :D.And I've also got a helluva lot of ideas for sequels to Patchwork if anyone's interested, so you might expect some new ficlets coming soon.

Now, enjoy this chapter and don't forget to review!



10. Chapter 9: Recollections by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3131 words)

So here's the next chapter! We get to see some James/Lucy fluffy flashbacks here, which is basically a drabble I wrote before for the forums, but I thought it goes well here. And half of chapter 10 is done, so I'll update the moment it's written.

I'm not JKR. If I were, I'd probably take Teddy for myself. And Al. And... ok, let's get on with the story now.



11. Chapter 10: Uh Oh by majestic_ginny [ - ] (4153 words)

Disclaimer: I'm no JK Rowling.

And no reviews for the last two chapters? I'm sad now :(.



12. Chapter 11: Inside Job by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3203 words)

Sorry for the delay, guys! Uni has started again, and my courses this semester are pretty difficult. Updates might be a bit rare again, but as I've mentioned before, I'm not giving up on this. I'm gonna complete this story :D.

Gazillion thanks to Pooja (Ginny Weasley Potter) for going through this and being an awesome sister. Thanks, hun. *hearts* *hearts*

Oh, and I'm not JKR.



13. Chapter 12: Family Discussions by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3457 words)

Squee! I can't believe that this story has been nominated for best Next-Gen story this QuickSilver Quills! Thank you thank you thank you! It's really an honour :D.

And yay, midterms are finally over! They went pretty good, though. I'm sorry for the wait, guys. First I had exams, and then my muse gave up on me for a while, and then I went on a Doctor Who craze. I've got a two-week holiday now, so I'll be getting as much writing done as I can.

Not JKR!



14. Chapter 13: Ice-breaker by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2668 words)
*crawls out from under a rock.*

Um, hello everyone. I'm so so sorry for the huge delay; honestly, I didn't expect it to take this long. I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. Real life has been a real pain in the backside. I'm in university and I just gave my second year finals a few days back, and before that I had a gazillion assignments to submit and with all my course and lab work I was under a lot of stress. That, combined with writer's block, has basically made me a very crappy author.

I am really really sorry for keeping you guys hanging like this. But I'd like to tell you that the entire story is planned out in my head and the next chapter has been half written. One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to get my lazy writer's backside into action and start focusing on my stories. So hopefully you'll be seeing an update again quite soon :). Once again I'm really really sorry for this terrible delay. Hopefully you people haven't abandoned reading this!

I'm not JKR. And I'll end this author's note right here so you can get on with the chapter. Hope you enjoy it!



15. Chapter 14: Life Goes On by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2620 words)
Finally, James gets to visit Lucy. This chapter was really difficult to write, and I think it's not really as good as it could have been. It's a bit smaller than the other chapters, though, because I felt that I couldn't add anything else. I ended it where I felt it was most appropriate.

This chapter, though, is in honour of one of my father's friends, who died today of brain tumour a few days back. May he rest in peace.



16. Chapter 15: The Help I Had by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2345 words)
Hey, folks! Guess who's back from the dead? It's been around 10 months, I know *cringes*. All I can say is I'm sorry. I really am. At least I have the next chapter written, so you wont have to wait long for the next chapter!

So, as usual, I'm not JKR and I don't own Harry Potter, but this plot is mine and like any other author, I do hope you will enjoy this chapter, hehe.



17. Chapter 16: A Dead Mistake by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3667 words)
As promised, here's the newest chapter! And I'm already 2000 words into the next one, so hopefully that's gonna be here soon enough, too. :3

Disclaimer: Not JKR, nowhere near her.

WARNING: mentions of suicide included here.



18. Chapter 17: Miscalculations by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3627 words)
Happy new year, everyone. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

And as usual, I'm not JKR.

--Nadia