Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

My Life with a Werewolf by TonksForever36

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Two-A Place to Hide

The second night of Remus' cycle passed without incident. I slept next to him by the fireplace again, except this time I didn't sleep very well, because Remus didn't either. I think he was having a nightmare. I wanted to wake him up but decided against it. I know the potion allows him to keep his human brain during the transformation, but I would not want to wake him from a nightmare when he is in that state. I finally managed to fall asleep. When I woke the first time, it was still dark out, Remus' hand, if you could even call it that, was on my back. I smiled, and went back to sleep.

The second time I woke, the sun had just risen. I turned over and asked, "Remus,would you like some breakfast?" but he wasn't there.

"Remus?" I asked, sitting up with a start. "Remus?"

"I'm in the kitchen, Dora," Remus replied. Breathing a sigh of relief, I got up from the floor, even thought that's the last thing I wanted to do, much less go a Auror round at Hogsmeade, even if it was with Remus.

"Morning, Dora. Would you like some breakfast?" Remus asked.

"Sure, thanks. I have enough time before I have to be at the Ministry."

"I didn't know you had to go, what time do you have to be there?"

"I have to file reports about the Death Eaters spotted near headquarters two days ago and I have to be there at 9."

"Dora, it is 9."

"What?! That means I'm late! I have to go right now!"

"Dora, Dora, calm down," Remus replied. "You get dressed, and I'll take care of your breakfast." I went to the living room, pulled on my purple and black striped shirt, my purple and gray striped t-shirt over that, my black tights, and black skirt. I found my boots, they have lots of laces, thank Merlin for zippers up the sides. I quickly brushed my hair and teeth, and went back in the kitchen. Remus handed me a baggie of leftover scones and a flask of blackberry tea.

"Thank you, Remus. Just so you know, I have taken all the potion with me except for one vial. I think you should keep it with you, because the last thing we need is it falling into the wrong hands."

"I agree, Dora, thank you. Now you better Disapparate before you are really late. Do you need your coat?"

"No," I replied. "I'll come back and get it before my Hogsmeade patrol."

"All right, Dora, see you in a few hours. By the way, I told Sirius, Roma, and Ronan that everything is working out."

"Thank you, Remus," I said, leaning over and kissing him on the cheek. I didn't even realise what I had done until I had Apparated to my cubicle.

I sat down to eat my breakfast. It wasn't until then I noticed Scrimgeour giving me a dirty look. "I know I'm late. I'm sorry."

"Given the present circumstances, I will overlook it, just make sure you finish the Death Eater reports before you leave today. You may have your breakfast," he replied.

"Thank you, sir. They will be finished, I promise."

Before I even had a chance to take a sip of tea, the last person I wanted to see showed up. Senior Undersecretary to the Minister and Hogwarts High Inquisitor, Delores Umbridge, Apparated next to my cubicle, nearly scaring me to death, and causing me to spill my tea on my leg. Of course, she didn't care.

"Nymphadora, I need to speak with you," she said firmly.

"Unless this a matter of life and death, Dolores, it will have to wait until I am done filing my Death Eater reports, so why don't you return to Hogwarts and teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, if you can even call it that."

"You will address me as Madam Senior Undersecretary."

"I'm sorry," I said, not meaning it at all. "Madam Senior Undersecretary, I did not sleep very well last night and my day is not turning out to be a good one, so can you please say what you have to, so I can get back to work?"

"As a Hufflepuff, I knew you wouldn't be very responsible, especially considering you are harboring a filthy half-breed. Do you deny this?"

"It is none of your business whether I am harboring anyone," I said getting out of my chair, "filthy-half breed or not. Now I suggest you leave before I decide to use one of the Unforgivable Curses on you."

"Are you aware using any of those earns you a one way trip to Azkaban and that will be quite difficult considering you are not in possession of your wand?" I realized she was right. I had left my coat at home, and my wand was in my coat.

"Regardless, are you aware Professor Umbridge, that as an Auror that rule does not apply to me?"

"We'll see about that," Umbridge said sharply.

"Yes, we'll see," I replied.

"That does it, Miss Tonks. Detention! You are to meet me after classes today."

"You can't give me detention, I'm not a student anymore."

"Nevertheless, you are being reported for rank insubordination." With that she turned and walked away.

"We'll see about that, walking candy floss."

I sat back down at my desk, and put my head in my hands, forcing myself not to cry. I don't understand what is wrong with Umbridge. She's taking over the Ministry and Hogwarts. She passed Educational Degrees saying the Ministry has the power to appoint a new teacher when the old one has been sacked and Professor Dumbledore is unable to do so, she's been made Hogwarts High Inquisitor, disbanded all clubs and organizations, including Quidditch. In order to meet, students need Delores' permission, and if they don't ask for it they will be expelled. She also has authority over punishments. She used it to remove Harry, Fred, and George from the Quidditch team for arguing with Draco. I didn't witness this but according to Harry, Draco had insulted their mothers after a Quidditch match, after the teams had been reinstated.

After I had calmed down, I took the Death Eater sighting forms from my drawer, but before I even had a chance to begin, Scrimgeour called me to his office.

"Nymphadora, you have a visitor."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood for visitors."

"He asked for you and he's waiting in the atrium. Don't worry about the forms. They've been taken care of."

I Dispparated to the Atrium and saw Remus with his back to me, standing by the fountain.

"Make a wish, Remus," I said.

He turned to me and said sadly, "Dora, the one wish I want can never be granted."

"I'm sorry, Remus. I don't know why I said that. This isn't an excuse, but I'm having a really bad morning."

"It's all right, I know about bad mornings. I can tell yours is off, because your hair is no longer purple."

"It's not?" I asked.

"No, it's brown. Padfoot told me when you're upset you have trouble controlling your Metamorphmagus abilities."

"Yes Remus I do," I replied.

"It's pretty though, it's like I'm seeing the real you."

"Thank you," I said

"I didn't Apparate here just to talk about your hair," he said quickly. "I came to give you these."

He walked back to the fountain and handed me my wand, coat, and fingerless gloves.

I hugged him and whispered "Thank you" in his ear.

"You're welcome, Dora. But there's another reason I'm here. I had a nightmare last night."

"I thought you were but I wasn't sure I should wake you."

"It doesn't matter. What does matter is that in the dream I attacked you. I slashed you across the back. I would like to check to make sure you're all right."

"OK, you can check."

"You mean right here?"

"Why not, there's no one around, and it shouldn't take long, right?"

"Right," Remus said. "Turn around and lift up your shirt. I wasn't about to argue.

"I don't see anything but I'd like to run my fingers over your back to make sure."

"Go ahead, Remus, and take your time." He did, and I had to sit on the edge of the fountain, holding my wand, and pretend it didn't feel good, but believe me it did.

"You seem OK, you can pull down your shirt."

I did, and Remus had just finished helping me put on my coat and gloves, when a voice behind me said, "I knew you were harboring a filthy half breed." I spun around and pointed my wand towards the sound of the voice.

"I'm helping someone I love and its because if people like you that I have to. Because of your anti-werewolf legislation, Remus could not get a job, and lost his home!"

"That is enough, Nymphadora!" Umbridge shouted.

"Don't call me Nymphadora!" I shouted, my hair turning red.

"I want you and your half-breed to come with me now. Imperio!"

As an Auror, the Unforgivable Curses don't work on me, but they did on Remus and I was not about to leave him. We went to her office, Remus and I were told to sit in front of her. While she was rummaging through her desk, I pointed my wand at Remus and whispered "Finite Incantatem."

He looked at me, but I put my finger to my lips, and whispered, "We need to do whatever she says, as if we are under the effects of the curse. It's the only way we will make it through this." Remus nodded, then looked away.

"Both of you, put your wands on my desk and hand over the potion."
After we had done so, Umbridge said, "I have spoken to Cornelius Fudge and he agrees that your punishment for your earlier insubordination will be to write "I will not harbor filthy half-breeds." You will use this quill and this paper and I want you to take off your gloves so I can see the message is sinking in. I did as I was told, but instead of writing "I will not harbor filthy half-breeds," I wrote "I will always love Remus John Lupin" it's true I love him and I always will. Even though I was writing something nice, the pain of the blood quill was too much and I began to cry.

"Has the message sunk in, Nymphadora?"

"Yes, ma'm, it has." I replied.

"Hand me your paper and both of you may leave."

While Umbridge was looking down I seized the opportunity to take our wands and the potion, I put the potion in my coat pocket, even though it was painful I put my glove back on my left hand, and whispered in Remus' ear, "We have to be ready to Apparate to Hogsmeade no matter what happens."

"Nymphadora Andromeda Tonks, you did not listen to me! Under the effect of the Imperius curse you must do whatever I say.

"As an Auror, Umbridge, you must know that curse has no effect on me."

Umbridge ripped up the paper and raised her wand. I'm not sure, but I swear to Merlin that I heard the word "Avada". Remus put his arms around me, and we Disapparated to Hogsmeade. It happened so quickly that I fell backwards in the middle of the street and hit my head. Remus wasn't nearby, and I thought Umbridge had got him. I began to cry, and the next thing I knew, Remus' hand was behind my head. I moved to get up, but he said, "Don't move, Dora. I think you hit your head. Shhh, Dora, don't cry. You're all right. You're safe now."

"You're safe now, Remus, and that's all that matters to me." After a few minutes, I stood up.

"Dora, I need to ask, what did you write that made Umbridge so mad?

What got scratched into your hand? Can I see?" Remus reached for my hand, but I pulled it away and turned my back to him.

"Dora, what is it? Why don't you want me to see?"

"All right, I'll show you, but you have to promise me you won't get mad, Remus."

"Dora, you have done so much for me already, you've risked your job, your safety, and your life, there is nothing you can possibly do that will make me angry."

"All right," I sighed, pulling off my glove, and holding out my left hand. It took a few agonizing minutes of me biting my fingernails and starting at my boots, before Remus figured out what it said on my hand.

"Dora, is this true?"

"Yes, Remus, it's true, I've felt this way for a long time, but I never knew how to tell you."

It started to snow and something happened that I never would have expected. Remus put his hands on the side of my face, kissed me, and I kissed him back. I don't remember much, just one warm breath, two cold noses and four very cold hands. We stopped after a few minutes, before we ran out of air. I may not remember anything else about that day, but I will always remember that kiss.

I was still catching my breath when Remus said, "Dora, we need to get out the street. We need to go somewhere and talk."

"Where are going to go, Remus?" I asked. "After what happened at the Ministry, it seems nowhere is safe."

"Don't worry, I know just the place," Remus replied. "But first, I think we should get something to eat and drink. I also want to check your head. You hit it very hard when you fell." We walked down High Street to the Three Broomsticks. Madame Rosmerta greeted us at the door and ushered us inside.

"Remus, Tonks, I didn't expect you." she said. "What can I get for you?"

"Two warm butterbeers, please, an Remus and I need a place to talk," I said

"All right, the upstairs room is empty you can use it and stay as long as you need, I'll be there in a few minutes. The butterbeers are on me," Madam Rosmerta said.

"Thank you," I said. Remus and I went to the upstairs room. I closed the door, cast Muffilato on it and then sat down across from him.

"What do we do now, Remus?" I asked, taking off my glove, rubbing my left hand and then scratching it with my fingernails in an attempt to stop the pain. The only thing I succeeded in doing was making it bleed.

"I think the first thing you need to do is stop scratching your hand, Dora.
The second is to get to Hogwarts, find Severus, and have all the members come here," Remus said seriously.

"Is there a safe place for us to meet?" I asked.

"Yes, Dora, I know the perfect place. It's not far from here. Believe me, no one will know we are there." A knock came at the door. Taking my wand out of my coat, I walked towards it and opened the porthole. When I saw it was Madame Rosmerta, I opened it.

"Here are your Butterbeers," Madam Rosmerta said, setting them down on the table. "Let me know if you need anything else."

"Thank you," Remus and I said at the same time.

"Dora, do you have the scones with you?" Remus asked.

"Yes, actually, I do. "Why do you ask?" I asked, reaching into my coat.

"Because I don't think you've eaten," Remus said.

"No I haven't. I was interrupted by that toad and then by you. Your interruption I didn't mind, but Umbridge made me spill my tea on my leg."

"Are you all right?" Remus asked with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. The tea wasn't that hot, and you touching my back made me forget about it. Sorry, Remus. It's been a crazy Friday, I'm just not thinking straight, and its only 11 o'clock in the morning."

"Have some scones, and then we can rally the Order," Remus said.

Before I even took a bite, I remembered something. "Merlin's beard, the potion!" I cried.

"Dora, Dora, calm down. You took the potion back before we Dispparated."

"I know but the vials were in my coat pocket, and when I hit the ground after Disapparating, they could have broken."

"They couldn't have broken. When Roma was brewing the potion, she cast an Unbreakable Glass spell on the vials."

"I didn't know such a thing existed, Remus."

"Yes, Dora, it does. Hermione actually told her about it," Remus said.

"Well, I'm glad she did. All right, I'm done eating, are you done, Remus?"

"Yes, Dora, I'm done and I know the perfect place to rally the order."

We said goodbye to Madam Rosmerta, and went back out onto High Street.

"Which way do we go, Remus?"

"Just follow me, Dora, I know the way." We walked a way down the road until we came to the Shrieking Shack. I don't know why, but I sat down in the snow and had a good cry. Remus sat down next to me and put his arms around me.

"It's all right Dora, there's nothing to be afraid of in the Shrieking Shack."

"It's not that Remus, it's just that I don't know how I am going to be able to handle this."

"Handle what?" Remus asked.

"The rest of the week. If I can't handle two nights, how can I handle the other six?"

"You can handle it, Dora, believe it or not, you're stronger than you know."

"I swear, Remus, it feels like the Friday the 13th, and the last place I want to be is the most haunted house in Britain."

"Dora, the Shrieking Shack was never haunted." Remus said sadly.

"It had to be Remus, all the residents of Hogsmeade said that they heard screams and shouts coming from there."

"Dora," Remus said with a sad smile, "the Shrieking Shack was never haunted. Do you remember what you said back at headquarters?"

"No, Remus, I don't." I said. "I'm amazed I can even remember your name. But I think I said that I knew the Shrieking Shack wasn't haunted and that it was where you hid every month."

"That is what you said. But right now that hardly matters. The point is it's one of the safest places besides Hogwarts. You know why the Shrieking Shack exists. When we are safe, I promise I'll tell you how it and the Whomping Willow, which are connected came to be," Remus said.

"That doesn't make me feel any better for you, Remus, because I love you, and I don't want you to suffer."

"I do suffer, Dora, but not as much as I used to, if I didn't have the potion, heaven only knows what I'd be today, I love you too, and I'm glad to know that I can't hurt you."

Another hug and kiss came from me. Standing up I asked, "All right Remus, how do we get into Hogwarts?" I asked.

"We can Apparate into the Shrieking Shack, walk down the passage, and into Hogwarts."

"You mean, the Shrieking Shack has no ways to get in from the outside?"

"Exactly, Dora." Remus said.

"All right, then I guess we Apparate." I replied. We Apparated into the bedroom of the Shrieking Shack, went downstairs and found the entrance to the secret passage at the bottom of the stairs.

"I think you should go first, Remus," I said.

"Dora, there is nothing to be afraid of in the passage."

"I know that Remus, but you used the passage for 7 years. You would know it better than anyone else, besides Madame Pomfrey."

"That's true, but the passage is very dark, so on the count of three, we cast Lumos Maxima, and we need to watch where we are going, so we don't trip over a tree root." We walked through the passage and into the castle.

"Where would Severus be at this time of day?" I asked.

"It's only a few minutes past noon, he most likely would be either in his classroom or in the Great Hall.

We checked the Great Hall first. Knowing the luck I was having, of course, he wasn't there. We went down to the dungeons. Fortunately for us, he was in his classroom. Needless, to say he looked shocked to see us.

"Remus, Nymphadora, you better have a very good reason for interrupting me." he said sternly

"Save it, Severus, we need to have a meeting of the Order now!" I exclaimed

"Are you sure about this?" Severus asked.

"Yes, Severus, I'm sure! Would you like to see what Umbridge did to my hand?"

"Dora, you don't have to show him."

"Yes, I do, Remus, I'm sorry, but I think this is the only way he will understand."

Sighing, I removed my left glove. "Please don't judge me on this Severus, I had to have Umbridge believe I was under the influence of the Imperius curse." He stood up from his chair to look at my hand. Severus looked from me to Remus and then back to me.
"What did she want you to write, Tonks?"

She wanted me to write "I will not harbor filthy half breeds."

"So she knows that you volunteered?" Severus asked.

"Apparently, she does, Severus, but how she found out, I don't know."

"There are eyes and ears everywhere Dora," Remus said. "It was like this the last time. People thought you could trust ended up betraying you, and people ended up dead."

"It doesn't matter what she made you write, Tonks." Severus said. "This is serious. I'll rally the Order, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Dumbledore. Where were you before this?"

"We were in Hogsmeade." I said "We Apparated there after Umbridge threatened to kill us. We're thinking we should meet in the Shrieking Shack."

"Very well," Severus said. "Go back through the Whomping Willow and wait there. Don't leave whatever you do."

Remus and I did, and it wasn't long before we heard footsteps coming down the hall. I hoped it was a member of the Order, because the mood I was in, I would have hexed anyone who walked through the door. Luckily, the first to arrive was Padfoot. A short time later, the rest of the members arrived. Someone was missing, but I couldn't figure out who. After casting protection spells, Dumbledore called the meeting to order

"Tonks, please explain what happened to you when you arrived at the Ministry this morning." Dumbledore said. I told the entire story, including details I would have rather left out, such as when Remus examined my back in the Atrium at the Ministry.

"I understand Remus examining my back where he did wasn't the best place, Professor-"

"Tonks, we are not here to judge, we just wish to find out what happened, please continue." McGonagall said.

"I think I should show you my hand," I said. "It's the only way I think you'll understand what she did."

"Yes, Tonks, please do," Dumbledore said. I again pulled off my glove and showed my hand to everyone in the room.

"Tonks, did she force you to write this?" Sirius asked.

"No, Sirius, she forced me to write "I will not harbor filthy half-breeds." What is written on my hand is the truth. I am fully aware that Remus is a werewolf, but I love him, and I am not going to change my mind."

"I understand, Tonks, I will not try to change your mind. Remus, you need to know this, Tonks is my cousin, and while I love you like a brother, I will not take you hurting her in any way lightly."

"I understand, Padfoot," Remus replied. I will do whatever it takes to protect her, from my other form even it means separating myself from her."

"Sirius, there is something you need to know. I have become close to Harry, and he confided in me that Umbridge gave him detention, where she forced him to write "I must not tell lies" with the Blood Quill," I said.

"I know, Tonks," Sirius replied. "Harry told me."

"Still, something needs to be done," Remus said. "She can't take over the school like this."

"I know she can't, Remus," Dumbledore replied. "We know that she has banned you from the grounds, she does not have the power to do that, so as of this moment, the ban is lifted."

"Thank you, Professor," Remus said.

"Tonks, I also believe your flat is no longer safe," McGonagall said. "You and Remus may stay at Hogwarts for the duration of the full moon."

"Thank you, Professor," I said. "But where would we stay?"

Dumbledore spoke up saying, "You should look on the seventh floor, across from the tapestry of the trolls practicing ballet. Walk back and forth and think of what you need, and I believe you will find an appropriate room. I will temporarily lift the anti-Apprition spell for the remainder of the week so, if needed, you can travel between your flat, the Ministry, and Hogwarts

"Thank you, Professor," I said again, confused. Remus smiled as if he know what Dumbledore meant. With that, Dumbledore adjourned the meeting and everyone left.

"Dora, I think I know what Dumbledore meant by an appropriate room,"
Remus said. "I think I know how we can find it, also." I wasn't listening, as I was looking around the room. I ran my hand over claw marks in the wall. It was then I realized the marks were about the size of Remus' transformed hand. He was telling the truth.

"Dora, I think we should Apparate back to your flat, get our trunks, hide them here, and then try to find this room Dumbledore spoke of. " We Apparated back to my flat, amazingly the protections were still in place. I packed all my clothes and food. Remus I held hands and our trunks, thought of the seventh floor of Hogwarts, and amazingly were able to Apparate to Hogwarts.

I went to the hospital wing where Madame Pomfrey looked me over. She said my head was fine. I showed her my hand. All she had to say was that I should check with Hermione about what to do. We ran into Harry and retrieved the Marauder's Map. We sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. Luckily very few people were there. Harry said he would keep a look out for Umbridge. After checking the map, we realized the room was not on it. Remus said, "I believe the room Dumbledore is speaking of is called the Room of Requirement, also known as the Come and Go Room." Harry had a knowing look on his face, as if he were keeping a secret.

"Because it comes and goes, Remus? I asked

"Exactly, Dora. The only reason it may not show up on the map is because the Marauders never found it to begin with, or it's simply unplottable," Remus said

"Should we try it, Remus?" I asked

"There's only one way to find out, Dora. I don't think Dumbledore would lie. He always said help would be given at Hogwarts to those that need ask for it. We need to be very clear about this, we need to be thinking exactly the same thing. We need a place to hide from Umbridge, we need to make sure no one can find us, and we need to make sure no one can get in. From what I've heard the room will only exist when at least one of us is in it. The room is equipped for the seekers needs, the only thing the room cannot give us is food."

"I'm glad I bought all the food from my flat, then Remus," I said. Remus and I walked back and forth three times thinking, "We need a place to hide from Umbridge, none of the other Hogwarts students and staff can find it, and we need a passageway down to the kitchens in case we need food."

After the third time, a doorway appeared. We turned to each other and kissed, I was pushed up against the doors, just as Remus' hands went to my waist and mine threaded in his hair. Just as my eyes closed, I saw Umbridge walking down the hall. The doors of the room opened and we literally fell in. Just as Umbridge reached the door, they slammed shut and disappeared. Remus and I fell onto the bed the room provided, which broke the kiss.

We looked at each other and laughed. I never heard Remus laugh before. It startled me, but I liked it. Remus got up to make sure the room had provided everything we had asked for, which it did. I stood up to take my coat off. I was very warm from wearing it all day. I also took off my shirt and t-shirt, and then put my t-shirt back on. I sat down on the bed, unzipped my boots and took them and my stockings off.

I turned to Remus, who quickly pretended to be looking at his trunk, and asked, "Were you looking at me?"

"What, Dora?"

"Just now, when I took off my shirts and stockings, I saw you looking. It's OK if you were."

"Dora, I won't lie. I was looking, then I noticed the scar on your leg."

"Nobody's perfect, Remus. We all have scars," I said.

"Not like mine, Dora," Remus said. "Yours were caused by accident. You never meant to hurt yourself."

"I know I didn't Remus, but that doesn't mean I ended up in the hospital wing on my very first day of classes."

"You did? Dora, what did you do?"

"Why don't you take your sweater and shoes off and get comfortable by the fire, and I'll tell you."

Remus did, I grabbed some extra pillows from the bed, handed one to Remus, and lit a fire. "I woke up late for Herbology class. I had already missed breakfast, I got dressed and ran up the stairs from the Hufflepuff common room, tripping on my robes, skinning both my knees, cutting my leg, and splitting open my chin and lip."

"Not a great day to start off classes, Dora," Remus said.

"Exactly. I managed to get up and limp my way to the greenhouses. Of course, they way my luck was going, the Slytherins chose to make fun of me and said my leg matched my hair, which was red because I had started the day off bad. Professor Sprout took one look at me and sent me to the hospital wing. Of course, the Slytherins said that being late for class we had house points deducted and started the year off with negative house points."

"Which I am guessing was not true," Remus said. "No Remus, it wasn't true, but you know the Slytherins," I said. "They like nobody but themselves," Remus said. "I do know that Remus, I'm related to half of them," I said, getting up from the fire.

"Where are you going, Dora and what do you mean are are related to half the Slytherins?" Remus asked. I didn't answer the first question, but said, "I'm getting your potion, Remus. The sun just went down. If we wait any longer, it may not work."

"I don't want to take it Dora," Remus said.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think we have a choice in the matter, except for you hiding in the Shrieking Shack, and I don't think that's something we can risk right now."

"Dora, I said before I'd do anything to protect you, even if it meant separating myself from you and I'm willing to do that."

"Well, I'm not, Remus! I want you! I want to be with you, and I'm willing to sacrifice anything to do that!"

"I understand and appreciate that, but that doesn't mean I want to take the potion tonight."

I saw I was getting nowhere, so I decided to try something my mum did with me to get me to take my medicine when I was little, a good old fashioned bribe. I poured the Wolfsbane into a goblet and then lay back down. "Well then, Remus, I know a naughty little werewolf who doesn't want any chocolate then."

"Fine, Dora, if I take the potion, can I have some chocolate? It will help get rid of the bad taste."

"I didn't know it had a taste, Remus. I'm sorry it tastes bad. Can anything be done about that?" I asked.

"I've tried different things, sugar makes the potion ineffective, honey and chocolate I haven't tried, I haven't wanted to take the risk."

"Then I know what I'm doing tomorrow, Remus. I'm going to spend my day in the library looking up ways to improve the potion."

"But what about Umbridge? She'll be looking for us." Remus asked.

"I don't care about that!" I said, sitting up quickly. "We have just as much right to be here as she does, if not more so. If she says we aren't we'll just go to Dumbledore and McGonagall. Besides the mood I'm in, she wouldn't dare mess with me."

"Dora, I love you, and if we are to be together, we can't have secrets, right?" Remus asked.

"Remus, there are no secrets between us." I said. "I know you are a werewolf, and that doesn't matter to me. I love you and I always will."

"Does it matter to you then, that I think I am too old and too poor?"
Remus asked. "I'm dangerous, Dora. I can't give you anything except pain."

"Remus, I don't care about any of that!" I exclaimed. "I never have. I love you and all I want is you. I am not going to change my mind.
Whatever pain you think you will bring me, I can deal with, because I know my love for you will outweigh it."

"I'm glad you feel that way Dora." Remus said. I moved closer to him by the fire, leaned forward, laced my fingers in his, and kissed him. It didn't take long for him to return the kiss. I put my hands on his chest. It wasn't until that moment that I realized I was still wearing my gloves.

Remus realized this also and helped me take them off. Merlin knows I may have been dreaming, but I know I felt Remus hand underneath my shirt and then one of hands was moving up and down my thigh. My hand ventured under his shirt. I felt the scars he had given himself.

Remus tried to pull away, but I wouldn't let him. I felt the scar he had been given from the werewolf that had bitten him. I know it causes him pain, and I whispered, "Remus, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Dora," Remus whispered back. I stood up and moved to the bed, motioning for Remus to follow me.

"Why are we moving, Dora?" he asked.

"Because if you transform while we are doing this, I want you to be comfortable."

"You haven't witnessed this Dora. I'm not sure if I want you to. I'm afraid."

"I'm not afraid Remus, there is nothing you can do to frighten me or to make me stop loving you. Nothing."

We sat on the bed. "Dora I want to show you the scar," Remus said.

"All right, show me," I said. Remus removed his shirt. On his right shoulder was a bite mark. I had to turn away, it looked so painful.

"I'm sorry. I knew it would cause you pain. That's what I was trying to tell you before."

"It's not that. I just didn't expect it to look as painful as it did. Does it still hurt?" I asked.

"Yes, Dora, it does. It has hurt ever since I was four years old."

"You were bitten when you were four?! Who did this to you?" I asked.

Remus sighed and I held his hands while he told me the story. "A werewolf named Fenrir Grayback in retaliation for something my father said about werewolves. Greyback was brought into the Ministry for questioning following the deaths of two children. My father recognized him as a werewolf, and suggested that he be detained until the next full moon had passed which was twenty-four hours away. The rest of the members of the questioning committee didn't believe my father. He lost his temper saying werewolves were "soulless, evil, deserving nothing but death." Greyback was released. The next night, he forced open my bedroom window and bit me. My father heard the noise and cursed Greyback. He left but it was too late. I was taken to St. Mungo's where my wound was treated with powdered silver and dittany. It healed but I'll always have the scar. When it came time for me to attend Hogwarts, my parent's didn't want me to. The Shrieking Shack was commissioned by Dumbledore when I was accepted to Hogwarts. It was the only way my parents would let me attend. The Whomping Willow was planted for the same reason. Once a month, on the first night of the full moon, Madam Pomfrey smuggled me out the castle, through the secret passage underneath the Whomping Willow, and into the Shrieking Shack. That's the only place I could be a werewolf without hurting anyone. The screams and shouts were me biting and scratching myself because of the lack of humans to infect." I got up from the bed and started rummaging through my trunk.

"What are you looking for?" Remus asked making himself comfortable on the pillows. "All that's in there is sweets from Honeydukes. How in the name of Merlin are you so thin?"

I turned to face him, my hair turning red. I picked up my wand and the extra pillows where I'd left them by the fire, walked over to Remus, put my wand down on the nightstand and proceeded to hit him with the pillows.

"I'm sorry, Love, I'm sorry! Remus said, laughing. I'll never say that again, I promise."

"You better not, Moony," I said, whispering in his ear. "If you do, I'll never kiss you again."

"Please don't do that, it took me this long to be kissed by you. I'd rather have that than chocolate any day.

"Are you sure you don't want both?" I asked, reaching for the chocolate bar I'd set on the nightstand. "I promised you chocolate and you deserve it."

"Dora what are you doing?"

"Hush, Moony, be patient," I said. "I've been patient enough, Dora," Remus said

"It wouldn't kill you to wait five seconds, now hush.," I said, climbing onto the bed and kissing the bite scar on his shoulder. I finished unwrapping the chocolate bar and took a bite.

"It's hard to decide what smells better, Dora, the chocolate or you." I swallowed my chocolate and lay down next to him, kissing him as I went.

"I think I like chocolate flavored Dora," Remus said, kissing my throat. My hands went from his chest to his stomach, my fingers tracing the scars as I did so. Remus grabbed my hands, startling me.

"What is it, sweetheart, is it the moon?"

"No, that just felt good. I'm not used to this, Nymphadora."

"I know, I'll take my time, Moony, I promise. I won't rush you or this," I said, not minding that he called me Nymphadora.

Remus turned me over so I was lying on my back. He carefully pressed his lips to my neck, as if to ask if it was OK.

"Of course this is OK, Moony, I want you to do this. I'm not about to stop you."

Heaven only knows how long we kissed, but I do know I enjoyed every second I know Remus did too. The only thing that stopped us was Remus transformation. I don't know who it was more painful for, him or me watching it. After Remus had calmed himself he curled up on the bed next to me. I put my hand on his paw and whispered, "Remus, I don't know if you can hear me, but I still love you. I kissed him on his forehead, pulled the blankets over ourselves and went to sleep.