Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Skeletons' Tale by Oregonian

Printer
Summary: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet," wrote Shakespeare. This story arose from a 500-word drabble in a Beta Forum challenge, presenting a character who gained new and startling information about his ancestry and acted upon it. I expanded the drabble into a full story for my Creative Writing class at the local community college, necessarily deleting obvious mentions of magic and changing the characters' names. Thus, Draco, Astoria, and Scorpius Malfoy have disguised themselves as Denis, Aurelie and Silvestre Paridelle, and the Death Eaters are masquerading as Nazis, with a little jiggering of the timeline to accommodate the date difference between the Second Wizarding War and the Second World War.
With its Harry Potter roots thus concealed, the story was well-received by my instructor and classmates; nobody suspected a thing, but you, my readers, will instantly see and understand everything.

Thanks to my instructor and classmates for being my unwitting beta readers. Their comments and suggestions were valuable and improved the story greatly. The story is rated Alternate Universe for the accommodations that had to be made, but I hope you will enjoy it anyway.


Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 7970 Viewcount: 1002
Published on: 12/19/14 Updated On: 12/19/14





1. The Skeletons' Tale by Oregonian [ - ] (7970 words)