A New Generation Begins by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
Summary: For seven years, Hary and Voldemort had been battling an unbetable battle. Seven long, dark years. On Halloween one night, there's a knocking on the door of a London town house. And, before anyone can relieze it, the news has spread. Voldemort was dead. Killed by none other than Harry Potter himself. But, that wasn't the worst of the news. Harry, too, was dead. Neither can live while the other survives... Ginny Potter, on the same night, had gone into labor. Besides the fact of learning her husband is dead, on the night of their child's birth, she also has two other worries. She had twins. Heart broken with dispair, Ginny flees, leaving her children in the hands of Ron and Herminone.







A New Generation begins with the start of a new Potter generation and new evil to battle and ends with a secret that should've stayed a secret. It'll keep you hooked and guessing the whole way through.






I'm sooo sorry it's taken me so long to come back! I got sucked in by the Roleplaying addicition and couldn't get out!

Chapter 4 is up!!!

Categories: Post-Hogwarts Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 11469 Read: 12833 Published: 02/01/05 Updated: 07/23/07

1. Meet Tara and Ian by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

2. A Lesson and a Detention by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

3. Some Answers by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

4. A Turning Point by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

5. Darkness Returns by The_Heir_of Gryffindor

Meet Tara and Ian by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
The Hogwarts Express came to a squealing halt as it pulled into Platform nine and three quarters. After several seconds, all the doors of the scarlet steam engine were thrown open and laughing talking students emptied out onto the platform. These were the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Headmaster was Albus Dumbledore, who happened to be the greatest wizard of all time.

Out of one of the back car an eleven year old girl stepped off the train hesitatingly. Her green eyes stared up at the giant black castle of Hogwarts with awe. She dropped her bag and smiled. Finally, she thought to herself.

Behind her, her twin brother stepped down behind her and looked up at the castle without much as a sparkle in his eyes. "Come on, Tara! We don't have all night! There's food up there calling my name!" he chorused as he brushed past her.

She sighed. "Ian! Don't you take pride in looking up at our home for the next seven years?" she called as she ran after him.

Ian turned around, hazel eyes glaring back at her. His black untidy black hair blew in the now slight breeze of the night, "Tara, it's just a school. I've seen and heard about it all my life. Our entire family has gone here. It's not like I'm never going to see it again!" He turned on his heel and walked up to a remotely large man holding a lantern with the rest of the awaiting first years gathered around him.

Tara bubbled over with anger and whipped her red, auburn hair over her shoulder and marched after her brother.

***************************************

The Great Oak doors opened to a spacious Great Hall. Four long tables filled the Hall ladled with hundreds of plates of foreign food. Candles hung above the tables alighting everything in brilliant light. The ceiling to the Great Hall was made to look like the night sky. Tara smiled. It felt good to be home.

The strict woman that had led them in, now stood in front of a long table at the head of the Hall in which several adults sat attentively. The Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, sat in the middle, watching the students with a twinkle in his blue eyes.

The old man was now showing his age. His long white beard was of course white, if not whiter. The wrinkles framed his face as if his whole face was smiling. His knobby hands were folded before him. He had grown much older after the death Harry and the death of the entire wizarding world's nemesis, Lord Voldemort.

The first years grouped in front of the four long tables eyeing the footstool in front with an old withered hat which sat upon it. The woman, who had called herself, Professor McGonagall, pulled out a long parchment which held names of all the students stationed before her.

Clearing her throat, she called out, "Benton, Abril!"

A girl with long blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes practically skipped up the steps as she thrust the hat down on her head. With several tense moments, a rip in the hat opened and a booming voice echoed around the Great Hall, "Hufflepuff!"

A table along the wall erupted in cheers and Abril briskly pulled off the hat and rushed over to the table where several people patted her on the back.

McGonagall turned back to the parchment, "Potter, Ian!" she shouted.

The entire Great Hall seemed to hush as Tara watched her brother proudly walk up the steps; a mischievous grin on his face. He sat down on the stool and thrust the hat down over his head and waited. It barely took two seconds before the hat shouted, "Gryffindor!!"

The entire sea of students sitting at the middle table erupted in cheers. Not only did they have a Potter in their house again, but they had all heard of how great Ian was in Quidditch having both parents as Gryffindor Seekers.

The room hushed again and McGonagall called out again, "Potter, Tara!"

Again, the room hushed, even though there was whisperings from the Gryffindor end. Tara swallowed heavily and forced her frozen body to move forward. It seemed to take ages as she made her way to the stool. She sat down, if not hesitantly, and pulled the hat down over her head. A tiny voice chuckled in her ear.

"Another Potter...Hundreds of generations of Potters have sat beneath me, Tara," it sighed, "and as always, I'm going to have to place you in -Gryffindor!" The hat shouted.

Once more, the Gryffindor table erupted in cheers. Now with a triumphant smile, Tara took her seat at the house table. A table in which her very parents and grandparents before her had sat in.

She looked across the table to Ian's mischievous eyes. She couldn't help but smile. She was finally home and it was going to be a long year.

((A/N: I know, it's kinda blah in the beginning, but that was only the introduction. Hopefully it will get more exciting. This is my second story. Check out my first called, 'Do You Believe in Love at First Kiss...?' Thanks! Please review!))
A Lesson and a Detention by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
Tara woke earlier the next morning before the other girls in her dormitory did. She had met one of them last night. Her name was Natalie Patil, while her twin sister was in Ravenclaw. When they met, it was like they had been childhood friends.

She made her sleepy way down the girls' staircase and was met with laughter when she reached the common room.

Ian was spread out on the couch, absorbed in laughter. Two other boys were around him, absorbed in the same hysterias.

"Did you see her face when I asked her? It was like she could've slapped me across the face!" Ian choked.

The boys fell into fits of laughter once more. Tara knew the other two. The one that was rolling around on the floor was Sam Hinges. He had spiky white blonde hair and beautiful ice blue eyes. The other boy that was leaning against the front of the couch was Jessie Emerson. he had light brown hair and dazzling green eyes. Both boys were pure bloods.

Suddenly, Jessie turned around and looked right at Tara. he whistled. "And who is this beauty?" he teased.

Ian hit him over the head. "That is my sister. Leave off." he growled.

Jessie looked a little put out, but turned around nonetheless. Tara walked up to Ian. "What is so funny?" she asked as the three boys fell into laughter once more.

Ian looked up at her. "I asked Melanie Brown out this morning!"

"You mean that second year girl?" Tara asked.

Ian nodded and Tara sighed. -Typical- she thought to herself. -Only been here a few hours and is already chasing girls.-

She walked out of the portrait hole and stood out on the Gryffindor corridor trying to remember the way to the Great Hall. The portrait hole opened and Natalie stormed out and pointed a finger at Tara. "Your brother is /really/ going to get it! The prick had the nerve to ask me out! On our first day here! Honestly!" she cried throwing her hands in the air. Her baby blue eyes flashed and she ran her hand through her light brown curls then she sighed. "Okay, I'm okay. Let's go to breakfast."

Tara shifted uneasily. "I, I don't remember the way." she added truthfully.

Natalie laughed and wrapped her arms around Tara's shoulders as they began to walk down the corridor. "This will be an exciting year."

**********************************

Ian, Sam, and Jessie made their way down the stairs and into the Great Hall without trouble. Now fully dressed in black robes and the Hogwarts Crest, they looked rather attractive.

They seated themselves at the front of the table, Ian and Sam on one side and Jessie on the other.

"You know what I was thinking?" Jessie asked pouring a glass of pumpkin juice.

"How the hell would I know?" Sam asked. "I'm not a Seer!"

Ian snorted.

Jessie ignored them. "I was reading, Hogwarts, A History and it said that at one time, they had a group called the Marauders. They went about the school causing as much trouble as possible. I predict, that we relive the Marauders age."

Sam and Ian stared at him. "Are you joking?"

Jessie sighed. "Of course not! These Marauders, grew up to be well known Aurors. The best ever I heard."

A mischievous gleam entered Ian's eyes and he leaned forward to Jessie. "So, tell me about these Marauders. Did...they, have the good side of the ladies?" he asked.

Jessie laughed. "Did they?! My God! They were famous, and popular! Not to mention, you have the Marauders blood flowing through your veins. James Potter was a Marauder himself! You know your uncles, Fred and George? They caused just as much trouble, as the Marauders! You see? You are the heir of trouble! We can accomplish this." Jessie put his hand in the middle of the table and looked from Sam to Ian. "Well? Are you with me?"

Ian looked thoughtful than placed his hand on top of Jessie's. "Count me in!"

Sam hesitated then smiled as he slapped his hand on top. "You guys better know what you're doing."

The boys first class of the day was Transfiguring. They sat together in the back of the room whispering to each other.

"Okay, Hogwarts, A History also said that the Marauders gave themselves nicknames. I think we should too."

"God, that's going to be hard..." Ian retorted.

Before they could continue, McGonagall's voice cut through. "Transfiguring is one of the hardest subjects in the wizarding world. This semester we will simply learn about the incantations. Next semester we will begin transfiguring small things such as a quill and parchment." There were several groans. "Next year, we will be Transfiguring bigger animals such as rats and birds. Third year will be even larger animals. Forth year we'll study famous witches and wizards. Fifth year we'll learn how to transfigure things far away. Sixth year will be Animagus and seventh year will be Apparition and Dissparation. So I expect a lot out of you this year."

The rest of her words were drowned out as Jessie whispered. "Of course! Animagus!"

"What about it?" Ian asked, clearly bored.

"We could become Animagus!"

"And...why?" Ian asked.

"Because, we can cause mischief without being cought! Don't you see?! We have the entire grounds open to us as well as the forbidden forest!"

Ian and Sam glanced each other with raised eyebrows. "And, you expect it to work?"

"It's as simple as taking a test. Gees, you guys are going to need some help this year or you won't pass..."

"Well, that's why you're our friend." Ian said a little too loudly.

"Mr. Potter!" Professor McGonagall snapped as she turned swiftly around from the board. "I will not tolerate such outbursts in my class! Detention at eight tonight in my office!"

When she turned around, the entire class turned to look at him. He glared at them and Sam and Jessie snickered and patter him on the back.

"Right on your way to becoming a Marauder. Now you need one hundred and seventy nine more!" Jessie whispered.

***************************

When the bell rang, Tara met Ian outside the classroom door. "First detention, huh? What are you planning next? Skip class?"

A mischievous twinkle lit his eyes and he looked over at her with a grin. "Thanks for the idea."

Tara watched him go, mouth hanging slightly open. She couldn't believe it. Her girl crazy brother was now instantly turning into her uncles, Fred and George.

Natalie met up with her. "Hey, what do we have next?" she asked as she shoved her books into her bag.

Tara pulled out her schedule and groaned. "Potions with Professor Snape. Yippee..." she said sarcastically.

Natitily shrugged. "I heard he was much nicer after the Dark Lord died."

Tara's stomach knotted. She didn't want to hear about it. The death of Voldemort was her father's doing but it also sent him to his death. She had heard from her Aunt Hermione that a special link between Voldemort and her father killed them both.

Natalie shook Tara's shoulder. "Hey, you alright?"

Tara swallowed and clenched her fists. "Yeah, I'm fine...Let's go before we're late."

*************************

They had made it to class just as the bell rang. They seated themselves towards the back where Ian, Sam, and Jessie ruled the back of the class.

Before they could talk, the door of the classroom slammed opened and Professor Snape swept in. His long black robes billowed behind him. He stopped at the front of the class and turned to look at them with piercing black eyes. His greasy black hair fell in his face.

"Welcome to Potions class. I'm Professor Snape. I /will/ be your potions teacher all the way till fifth year. After you O.W.L's, you may be accepted into my N.E.W.E.T level class. You will need a pewter cauldron and your book, 'Potions for Beginners' by Gelda Wimbenlock. Today, we will begin by learning certain ingredients and potions that we will be learning. Now, please open your books." he turned around and began to write in the board.

Natalie bent into Tara. "Are you sure you're alright? You look very pale..."

Tara didn't answer as she turned around and glanced at Ian, who, was also pale as his eyes stared at Snape.

No one knew what happened at the fight with Harry and Voldemort, but there was several suspicions on Snape, who had appeared on the Order's doorstep carrying Harry's dead body. Only Dumbledore was convinced that Snape wasn't there at the fight.

Tara turned back to Natilie to be met with her worried blue eyes. Tara shook her head and turned back to her parchment and began to write.

Half way through the class, a note hit her on the back of the head. She opened it with curiosity and read:

I have to talk to you after class. I still don't trust Snape.

She looked back at Ian who just simply looked at her, trying to get her to read his silent message with his eyes.

Unfortunately, she was unable to respond as Snape appeared at her side. "Miss Potter. Might I ask what you are doing?" he asked smoothly.

Tara turned angrily to look at him. "Giving Ian a spare piece of parchment." she replied through gritted teeth.

Snape gave a crooked smile. "Oh really? Let me se that." he demanded as he held out his hand.

Tara hesitated as she glared up at him than dutifully handed it over.

Surprisingly, Snape only gave her a crooked smile and walked away, pocketing the note. The Slytherins across the room gave disbelieving and furious looks that Snape didn't read it.

When the bell rang, Snape motioned Tara. "Miss Potter! Will you please see me at my desk?"

Ian whispered in Tara's ear. "I'll see you in the Great Hall." Without another word, Ian with Sam and Jessie trailing behind him.

Tara went up to his desk where Snape sat reading the note. He grinned at her as she approched.

"Might I ask why you don't trust me, Miss Potter?" he asked, his voice dripping with venom.

She glared at him. "No reason, sir." she replied calmly.

Snape's black eyes bored into hers. "Potter, if you believe that I'm the reason your father is dead, then I don't want any part of it. Dumbledore's word should be good enough. Now, get out of my sight before I abduct points from your house."

Tara grabbed her back and ran from the room. Once the door closed, she leaned against the wall and broke into sobs. She felt Ian's arm snake around her shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he asked comfortingly.

She sniffed. "He, he talked about Dad...The, the day he died." she cried.

She felt Ian tense. "Don't worry about it. We can prove whether he was a Death Eater or not." he whispered.

After a few silent seconds, they both made their way to lunch.

((Okay, it's a little emotional, but the fun is only beginning! Please review!!))
Some Answers by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
The Quidditch season soon approached along with several days of rain. Friday of that week was given to Quidditch try-outs. All the Gryffindors all day long begged Ian to try out. So, during lunch, with the praise of all the Gryffindors, Ian made his way to Professor McGonagall's office.


************************

Ian knocked on his Head of House's office.

"Come in!" McGonagall's voice called through the door.

Ian walked in tying to keep his voice calm. "Professor, I was wondering, well, you know, Quidditch try-outs are today, and, well, I was, all the Gryffindors-"

McGonagall held up her hand to silence him. "Mr. Potter, you know the law."

"But, Professor-"

"Will you let me finish?"

Ian closed his mouth firmly.

"Now, I am fully aware that both your parents were seekers. And, if I'm not mistaken, your father was the youngest Quidditch player for over a century. Not to mention, Gryffindor won all of the games, except for one time during a dementor attack. But you, Mr. Potter. I haven't seen your flying skills yet, but I have faith in you."
Ian's stomach had butterflies.

"That's why I'm appointing you personally as Gryffindor Seeker."

Ian nearly melted on the spot and his breath was hitched in his chest. "Professor McGonagall! I don't know what to say besides thank-you!" he sputtered.

McGonagall simply waved him away and handed him a parchment. "Give this to the team captain before try-outs this afternoon."

Ian nodded and left the classroom, but stopped in the doorway and turned back around. "Thank-you, Professor. You won't regret this."

Again, McGonagall waved him away and returned to writing on a piece of parchment.
When Ian entered the Great Hall, it grew silent and the entire Gryffindor table turned to look at him. He grinned and raised up the rolled up parchment. "I got it!"

The entire Gryffindor table exploded into cheers. The first to tackle him was Jessie and Sam cheering and patting him on the back. Next was Tara who simply smiled and shook his head. Before Ian could ask her what was wrong, she was swept away as the entire Gryffindor house surrounded him. Through it all, Ian managed to Professor McGonnigal's letter to the team captain, Christian Smith, who was both bewildered and grateful.
The crowd was only silenced as a group of Slytherian's sauntered over.

The first thing that went through his mind as he gazed at her was that he had fallen madly in love. He felt as though he could just rip out his heart and hand it to her. Besides her gray cold eyes, he wanted to run his hand through her long white blonde hair.

Jessie's cold voice cut through Ian's trance and when his mind returned to reality, he realized she was beautiful in a horribly cold way.

"Malfoy! What do you want?" Jessie asked as he stepped forward.

Delani Malfoy sneered. "I came over to congratulate Potter. Is that alright with you, Emerson?" her voice was smooth but dripped with venom. She was so perfect yet she was horribly ugly.
Jessie grit his teeth and clenched his fists but said nothing. Ian stepped forward, a foot from her face. "My father may have sent your "daddy" to Azkaban, but mark my words. I know there are more Death Eaters out there, including your mother. I'll be watching you." Ian whispered coldly. All flirtyness and joyfulness had gone from his voice.

Delani stepped forward, only a few inches from his face. He had to hold back every nerve in his body to not kiss her.
She grinned maliciously. "As will I, Potter. Dumbledore may be keeping secrets from your sister and you, but I know what they are and trust me, I can use them against you."

Ian backed away from her and spit at her feet. "Tell your master I'm waiting."

With a mischievous grin, Delani walked away with her "bodyguards" trailing behind.

The Gryffindor's were silent for a few seconds then, as one, they all collapsed into laughter. Jessie, Ian, and Sam sat down at the table ignoring the glares from the Slytherians.

"If you don't beat Slytherian at Quidditch this year, well, I'm going to have to kill you." Sam said with a fake sigh in all seriousness.

Jessie and Ian looked at him with raised eyebrows then all three of them burst into laughing once more.
From that moment on, the three boys were inseparable. Word spread through the school like wildfire that any Slytherian stood no chance against them. They soon became what their grandparents and uncles had long achieved. Hogwarts soul mischief-makers and "must-haves" by the girls. And together, with Jessie's help, they began their three year long journey to becoming Animagus.

Weeks flew by and slowly, a week before Halloween approached. It was a brisk Sunday morning and the three boys were lying in front of the fire playing wizard chess. Ian stared calmly over the chessboard with a crooked smile at Sam who was visibly losing. His hair was standing on end as though he ran his hand through it several hundred times. Sweat rolled down his face and his ice blue eyes were darting all over the board looking for a good move seeing all he had left was a bishop and his king as Ian had both his knights, King and Queen.
There was a crowd watching this intense game that had lasted for little over two hours. Tara and Natalie were on the floor beside Jessie whose brow was frowned in concentration as he watched. Natalie had her eyes locked on Ian in a dreamy sort of _expression. Tara, as well, had a dreamy expression on, but she wasn't staring at one of the three boys. Her thoughts were on what Delani had said.

Every time she got free time to think, it always returned to what she had said. "...Dumbledore may be keeping secrets from your sister and you, but I know what they are and trust me, I will use them against you." What did it all mean? Was it possible Delani was a Death Eater and if so, who was her master?
That last question had popped up in the Order several times. Definitely between Ron and Hermione; who were top Aurors in the Order and Ministry.

Tara's mind switched to her Aunt and Uncle. By now, their son Payton was about eleven months old. He had the Weasley's red hair, but his blue eyes were there to stay.

She was brought out of her thoughts as a loud swear word came from Sam. "Damn you, Ian!" She looked over at Ian and saw a mischievous smile on his face as his Queen beat Sam's King over the head with her chair and chased him off the board. He chuckled and said, "Face it, Sam! You can't beat me! Look at your King!"

Sam stood up and brushed his robes off. "Must you rub it in my face?" he asked coldly.

Ian laughed and wrapped his arm around Sam's shoulder. "Hey, there's no way in hell you're ever going to beat me. Hell, I can't even beat my sister!" He said with a grin.

Everyone turned to look at her and she blushed. "I had a good teacher."

Ian continued. "Besides, my family are the wizard chess champions! It runs in my blood." He gave Sam a sorry look. "Sorry mate." Ian replied with a sigh.

Tara nudged Natalie and together, the two girls left the three boys alone. Tara smirked at Natalie. "Do you like my brother?" Tara asked.

Natalie turned her head sharply and replied non-convincing. "N, no. Why do you think that?"

Tara snickered. "I saw the way you were looking at him."

Natalie blushed and was saved the liberty of answering, a third year boy hurried over to Tara. "Tara! Professor Dumbledore wishes to see you and your brother.” he said.

Natalie and Tara exchanged glances then asked. "Why?"

The boy shrugged. "I don't know. Professor McGonagall just told me to get you."

Tara yelled over her shoulder. “Come on, Ian. Professor Dumbledore wants to see us!”

Ian, Jessie and Sam exchanged glances as well. “You don’t think this has anything to do with the Animagus stuff, do you?” Sam whispered.

Ian shook his head. “Nah. He wouldn’t want to see Tara, too.”

“Yeah. What’s wrong with reading about it?” Jessie asked.

With waving a good-bye, Ian met up with his sister as she was walking out the portrait hole. Tara broke the silence.

“What kind of trouble are you in to get us both in trouble?” she asked coldly.

Ian shrugged. “No idea.” He told her truthfully.

She glared back at him. “Don’t lie to me, Ian.”

He shrugged again. “I swear I don’t know!” he told her innocently.

She stopped and turned to him, pointing a threatening finger at him. “Ian, ever since the first day here, you become ignorant and cocky. You take pride in getting into trouble and think you’re the hottest guy in school. It’s really starting to piss me off.” She snapped. “What’s worse, is that you’ve mastered your lying. Not just to the teachers either. To me! To me, Ian! Your baby sister by two minutes. I don’t know what’s gotten into you. Maybe you’re the reason Mum left.” She told him coldly and turned down the corridor.

Ian felt as though he had been stabbed several times. His heart was already bleeding freely. He ran up to her and grabbed her arm, turning her around. He tried to forget the pain she had just inflicted on him.

“Now you listen to me, Tara. I may be older than you, but I would never lie to you. You know I don’t keep anything from you. We promised each other we’d stick together to find Mum and find some answers about our parents past. Yes, I admit, I may be arrogant and cocky, but I do not believe that I run the school or I’m the ‘hottest’ guy around.” He chuckled. “And if I may say so myself, that would be Sam.”

The first smile spread across Tara’s face and Ian wrapped his arm around her shoulders and walked her down the hallway.

“And, just to inform you. Since I met Jessie and Sam, I know every password and secret passage way in this school.”

She snorted. “I doubt that…”

Ian raised his one eyebrow. “You don’t believe me?”

She turned to him with her hands on her hips. “No! How did you figure all of them out?”

“It’s a secret.” He told her smugly.

Tara rolled her eyes as they approached Dumbledore’s office. Ian stepped up to her and cleared his throat. “Weasley’s Twenty-Four Hour Laughing Taffy.” The gargoyle that covered Dumbledore’s door jumped aside just as Tara’s mouth dropped.

“How, where…” she sputtered.

A smug expression creeped onto Ian’s face. “Told ya.” He sneered at her.

Without answering, Tara began to walk up the spiral staircase. The door closed behind them and they began their trek upwards. They were met with a large oak door and the sound of talking echoed behind it. Tara guessed Dumbledore wanted them to meet someone.

Without hesitation, Ian pushed the door open. But as soon as they walked in, the voices stopped. Tara’s mind reeled. There was no one in the office. The portraits on the walls were fast asleep.

Suddenly, a voice beside them called out. “I don’t believe it! I’m in the past once more!”

Ian turned to the portrait to glare at the man sitting in all Slytherian colors. “What do you want, Phineas?” He spat.

Phineas Nigellus sneered at them. “I’m remember a time when two certain people just like yourselves came in here. A blood traitor and a mudblood.”

Ian started forward, but Tara held him back. “Don’t ever talk about James and Lily again.” Ian hissed.

“That will be quite enough, Phineas!” Dumbledore barked.

Instantly, Ian straightened himself.

Phineas sighed in relief. “Thank goodness you’re here, Dumbledore. This young man was about to tear down my portrait.”

“And a good thing too. You’re getting quite annoying.”

Phineas put on his best-hurt look. “You don’t mean that, Albus! You’ve broken my heart1”

“You don’t have a heart, Phineas. Now go away. To your other portrait will do fine.”

Phineas puffed out his chest in dignity and stomped from his portrait, nose in the air.

Ian turned to Dumbledore. “Why must he be so cruel to us, Professor. He does it all the time at the Order.”

Dumbledore sat down behind his desk. “Phineas is a strange man. Sometimes he can be useful, but other times he’s a pain.”

“He insulted our family!”

“And, yes, he’s annoying…”

Tara stepped forward. “What did you want to talk to us about, Professor?” she asked.

At this, Dumbledore sighed and leaned back in his chair. He indicated the two seats in front of him. “Perhaps you should take a seat…”

Tara and Ian exchanged looks before sitting.

Dumbledore was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke. “There’s been a terrible accident...”

Ian’s stomach dropped somewhere below his navel.

“The Order has been attacked. The Death Eaters were acting under new orders. This time, they destroyed everything. They left no evidence. Two people were taken hostage. All the rest were killed.”

Tears leaked out of Tara’s eyes but she hung her head to hide them. “Who, who were they, sir?” she asked quietly.

Dumbledore looked right into Ian’s eyes. “The two people taken hostage were Remus Lupin and Payton.”

The sobs erupted from Tara before she had time to stop them. Without turning back, she ran. She ran from it all. She didn’t want to know anymore. She didn’t want to believe it. She just wanted to run away from it all. She ran down a corridor she had never seen before. She ran into people, but she kept going. Several yelled at her and tried to curse her. After what felt like hours, she ended in a deserted corridor. She ran down it, her sobs echoing off the walls. When she came to a dead end, she collapsed against the wall and cried.

It began so quickly; she barely had time to react. A pulsing blue light vibrated the room and a low humming began. It gave off a static pulse, which made the hairs on her arms crawl. She sustained her sobs and stood slowly, now fully aware that something wasn’t right. The pulsing and humming got stronger just as a door appeared behind her. Without hesitating, she opened the door and rushed in, slamming it behind her.


Ian watched her go with a feeling of guilt and pity. Tara had always been the emotional one. He could feel the tears welling up inside him, but he kept them down. He wanted some answers.

He turned to Dumbledore. “I want some answers now, Dumbledore. Why are the Death Eaters killing off our family. What are they looking for?”

Dumbledore shook his head. “I’m sorry, Ian. I can’t answer that.”

Ian slammed his fist down on Dumbledore’s desk. “Damn it, Dumbledore! I don’t care! We’re the only ones left! If we’re being hunted, why the hell are they killing us off? What do they want?”

Dumbledore wasn’t at all shocked at Ian’s reaction. He only sighed. “Sit down and I’ll tell you.”

He obeyed.

“Your father was a… gifted man; some say he was cursed, others, lucky. He possessed a power in which only one line of wizards could. The power Godric Gryffindor passed down through the generations. This power, was the power of a mage, a wizard who can conduct powerful magic without a wand or an incantation. This form of magic is so rare, it’s very powerful. So powerful, even, it can stop Avada Kedevra. Do you feel a pulsing around you?” he asked him.

Ian nodded. “I’ve always felt it.”

“Good. That’s the power you and your sister share. It appears when you’re angry. That’s when it’s most powerful. You and your sister are the last remaining of Godric Gryffindor’s line. The last of the legacy of mages.”
A Turning Point by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
Author's Notes:
((Sorry it took me so long to write the next Chapter. I got caught up in the roleplay addiction. This Chapter is kinda boring but it's important because it sums it up perfect for the next chapter, which, yes, it's already written. Please enjoy!))

Ian woke in the morning to an empty dormitory. He rolled over and put his glasses on and got out of bed. The answers he had gotten from Dumbledore that night had kept him thinking all night. If they were the last of a very powerful line of mages, why couldn’t they just end the war right there and then? But, the more sensible side of his brain told him that, if they were so powerful, why hadn’t their dad stopped it?

He slowly got dressed and went down into the common room where Sam was waiting for him. He leaped up immediately when he saw Ian. “About time you get up! Breakfast is almost over!” he exclaimed with a grin, but when he saw Ian’s face, his smile faded. “What’s wrong?”

Ian shrugged with his hands in his pockets. “Nothing. Come on… Let’s go to breakfast…” He gave Sam a fake smile.

Though he didn’t believe him, Sam accepted the smile all the same and led Ian out of the portrait hole. “Good because I need you in a good mood today!”

“Why’s that?” Ian asked as they walked down the corridor to the Great Hall, the portrait hole closing behind him.

Sam gave a heart grin. "Because, Ian, today I've finally unearthed the true instructions on how to become an Animagus!"

Ian quieted him with his hand. "Are you mad? Speak softer!" he whispered.

"Sorry..."

They talked about it all the way to the Great Hall where they met Jesse already talking to a Ravenclaw girl. "Did you know that I already know all the secret places and passwords of the school?" he asked her.

Ian could tell that she didn't really care about Jesse at all. She rolled her eyes and nodded all the same; acting like she was listening to his every word. Her friends beside her giggled.

"Jesse, give it up already!" Sam groaned as he sat down next to him.

The girl turned her back on him and laughed along with her friends. Jesse groaned as he turned around. "Girls here are harder to understand then back home."

"That's because they're muggles." Sam said matter-of-factly. "Course they're going to come on to you better. They don't know who you are."

There was a flowery smell and Natalie ran up to Ian, breathless and shaky. "Ian! Tara didn't come back to the dormitory last night! And she's not there now! I don't know where she's at! I'm so worried!"

Ian quieted her as students began to look their direction. He sat her down and sat down next to her. "She didn't return at all?"

Natalie shook her head. "No! No one's seen her since you two left for Dumbledore's!"

As calm as ever, Ian nodded down the table to a group of girls. "Why don't you go eat something while I look for her, ok?"

Natalie nodded and moved down the table to eat.

Ian turned to Sam and Jesse. "I'll be right back."

He left the Great Hall and went up the moving staircase. When he found himself alone on the third floor, he unfolded a piece of parchment and set his wand on it. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." It took a few seconds then ink began to spread across the parchment in the form of the castle itself. Tiny footprints with names behind them walked all over the place. Most were in the Great Hall.

He found himself on the third floor and completely alone. Satisfied, he searched for his sister.

* * * * * * * * * * *

He found her in a hidden room on the fifth floor and she wasn't moving on the map. It took him a few minutes to find the secret room, let alone the door, then even longer to figure out how to open it. When he finally did, he found a small circular room with extra tables, chairs and other furniture piled up. He spotted Tara asleep on a table.

He sighed with relief and walked over to her, shaking her shoulder. "Tara? Tara, are you alright?"

There was a groan and Tara blinked her eyes open. "Ian?" she asked softly.

He smiled. "Yeah, it's me. Natalie told me that you didn't return to the dormitory so I thought I'd look for you."

Tara smiled and sat up, rubbing her eyes and stretching. "I'm sorry. I was just so upset about what happened that I wanted to get away. I'm sorry I scared you." she stood up and hugged him tightly.

Ian hugged her back. "Dumbledore told me some very interesting things after you left." he told her as he led her towards the door.

She looked at him curiously. "Oh yeah? Like what? Nothing could be as interesting as Remus and Peyton being taken." she said with a growl.

"Well, I found out why Voldemort wants to kill us so bad."

Tara stopped in her tracks, all seriousness on her face. "What?"

Ian sighed and turned to her. "Our father didn't know it but we are the heirs of Godric Gryffindor. We're also from a long line of very powerful mages. Mages are wizards who can conduct powerful magic without a wand or incantation. They just think it. It's so rare which makes it very powerful. Dumbledore told me that it's so powerful, it can stop Avada Kedevra. Did anything strange happen to you last night?"

"Yes!" she said breathlessly, hardly believing what he had said. "It was a strange blue magic all around me! It was so strong that I hid in here! I was too afraid to come out!"

Ian grinned. "That's what it was! That is your powerful magic that surrounds you! Dumbledore told us that it affects us most when we're angry and it's even stronger when we're both mad. Possibly the reason you were the one who saw it."

They had reached the moving staircase and by now, breakfast was over. Students were moving all around them, anxious to get to their next class. There was a shriek and Tara was wrapped up in Natalie's arms. "I was so worried!" she cried.

Tara laughed. "I'm fine! Don't worry about me! This is Hogwarts for God's sake!"

Natalie nodded as she pulled away. "Sorry..."

Ian tapped Tara on the shoulder. "Are you going to be alright?" he asked her.

She nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, thanks, Ian."

He nodded and walked off with Sam and Jesse, their heads bent together in a secret conversation.
Darkness Returns by The_Heir_of Gryffindor
Author's Notes:
This gives a highlight of what is to come. The twins finally relieze that there's still something out there and they are the target. I hope this one holds the action you were looking for!
That day in first year ran through her mind so much that Tara began to have more confidence in herself. The last five years at Hogwarts seemed to blow past. She and Natalie were closer than sisters and had gotten two new friends to add to their sisterhood. Kyla was the fiery one of the bunch. She had flaming red hair, like Tara’s and ice blue eyes She was definatly intimidating when she was mad. Charlie was the adventurous one. Always taking every dare to heart. She had long, strawberry blonde hair that she always just threw up and beautiful hazel eyes. She was the only girl, so far, that Ian had stayed with longer then two weeks. So far, she and Ian had been going out for six months. Natalie was the fashion queen and the one who kept all their grades up. She had curly brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. She was very jealous of Charlie and both tended to argue a lot but they both knew they were together till the end. And, then there was Tara. She was more of quiet type and tended to watch on the sidelines then get involved. She knew almost everything that happened in school and knew the right plan for the right moment. For some reason, she felt that she did all of that because she had a feeling that there was still hope in finding her mother. She had disappeared the night her father was killed and no one has seen or heard from her since. Not to mention, she was constantly reminded of how much she looked like Lily with her long auburn hair and bright green eyes.

Ian on the other hand, followed in the footsteps of his predecessors, the Marauders and the Weasley’s. Sam, Jesse and him were the most popular kids in school. And, if you thought them extremely handsome at eleven, try sixteen. Unfortunately for Tara, the only boy she liked in school was Jesse, the womanizer and group leader. Sam, on the other hand, tended to flirt rather than chase. He was definatly good on the eyes but, in Tara’s book, he was still a mischief maker, like the other two.

Ian, of course, was an even better Seeker than his father and already had Captaincy. Probably because almost every generation back had played Quidditch and, both his parents had played Seeker. Tara knew if she tried out, she would get it because she was just as good as her brother but she just didn’t have the motivation or the interest.

Towards the end of third year, Ian had pulled her aside and secretly told her that they had become unregistered animagus, and, much to Ian’s surprise, Tara simply patted him on the arm and congratulated him to putting his mind to good use. He told her that he was a white cat, Sam a falcon and Jesse was a fox. He had told her that that was their secret for never getting caught because they always did their mischief by animagus form.

In forth year, Ian got his first real accident in Quidditch that had put him in a short coma. He had several broken ribs, a broken leg, a dislocated shoulder, a shattered arm and a ruptured spleen. He had gotten hit by a Bludger by Delani Malfoy He had fallen one hundred and thirty feet to the ground. He still had the scars.

After that, much to her knowledge from gossip, Ian was spotted having a “thing” with Delani which ended in spells being cast and a bloody nose, on Ian’s part.

After all that, Ian lost most of his popularity with the girls and he was able to get a clear, level head. That was when he met Charlie. From first sight, he knew her to be the one. He chased after her all forth year and into fifth year and suddenly, it just happened. The news flew around the school like a germ and once again, his popularity returned.

In the middle of fifth year, Dumbledore told Tara and Ian that Remus and Peyton had been returned mysteriously. They were perfectly fine except, Remus had changed. He would walk around, all pale and ramble on about how he had been certain. He tended to stay in his little apartment all the time and hardly went out in public.

Peyton was absolutely thrilled to be returned to his parents. Though, he hardly had any memories of them, he still seemed to except them as he had five years previous. On asked about what happened or who he saw, he would shrug his shoulder and change the subject, not wanting to admit anything. He was about five years old now and had the Weasley’s red hair and Hermione’s blue eyes. The only thing they had managed to get out of him was, “It’s coming…” Though he was very vague on what.

After that, everything was calm and life moved back to it’s original pace. Fifth year ended in Gryffindor winning the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup. And, it also favored a new surprise. When they were getting on the train, Jesse pulled her aside and told her that he really liked her and wanted to hang out that summer. It had happened so quick and unexpected that the whole summer went by and neither saw each other and the first day of school came with dread.

_______________________

The door to Tara’s room burst open and a very handsome sixteen year old Ian Potter stood in the doorway, his pajama bottoms sporting tiny green clovers all over them and his tee-shirt was all white and a tad too big. He grinned his trademark smile.

“Tara!” he cried.

She groaned and covered her head with a pillow. “Go away…” she told him.

Ian grinned and crossed the room, plopping down on her bed, pulling her pillow away from her head. “For being twins, we’re definatly not the same…” he told her. “I’m a morning person and you’re definatly not.”

She glared back at him. “What do you want, Ian?” she asked him with a growl.

He brightened. “Last day of summer break! Uncle Ron said they’re taking us to Diagon Alley today!” He leaped off her bed with a whoop of joy and raced from the room. Tara groaned again and grabbed her pillow, stuffing it down over her head once more.

Truth be told, she wasn’t at all looking forward to Diagon Alley. Her friends were sure to be there and that would mean Ian would be up Charlie’s butt and wherever Ian was, there was Jesse. God! Those eyes! No! He was a stuck-up bastard who enjoyed nothing in life except to torment women. It was his goal in life. She thought to herself.

Hermione walked past her open door carrying a laundry basket. She stopped in the doorway of her room and frowned. “Tara Ginevra Potter! Why are you still in bed?” she asked.

Tara groaned and threw her pillow aside, rolling out of bed. Hermione smirked and continued down the hallway.

Tara went in her bathroom and washed her face and threw up her hair real quick into a messy bun. She turned to leave but not before she looked at her reflection. She had seen pictures of her parents ever since she was little but there was nothing in her features that let her look like her father. Neither Ian nor her looked like him. Well, Ian had her father’s hair and she had his eyes but that was about it. Everything else was strictly their mother. And, everyone she met seemed to remind her about this.

She went out into the hallway and could hear Peyton crying in the kitchen down below. Ron was yelling at who she suspected to be Ian, She rolled her eyes and went down the stairs into the kitchen. Apparently, Ian had taken the rest of Peyton’s juice and finished it and then proceeded to eat his cereal. Ron saw it and proceeded to yell at him.

“-have to be like that? Just because he’s younger then you doesn’t mean you can just take everything for granted!” Ron yelled at Ian.

Ian watched Ron with a bored look on his face. “Sorry…” he muttered.

Ron eyed Ian, then, with a sigh, went upstairs, running his hand through his hair. Tara sighed and refilled Peyton’s cup and gave him more cereal before turning to Ian. “Just because you do it at school doesn’t mean you can do it here!” she snapped at him, her green eyes flashing dangerously.

Ian rolled his eyes. “Not you too…” he groaned.

Tara threw up her hands and turned away from him to get her own cereal. “You’re unbelievable!”

Ian grinned. “That’s what Jesse says about you everyday.” Ian teased.

Tara slammed her bowl down on the counter and turned to Ian with a deadly look. “You’re dead!” she screamed and Ian took off out the front door with a cackle and Tara raced after him.

Ron and Hermione lived right in London in a large three story townhouse. They had a huge lawn and both had a car. Tara figured it was because Hermione was muggle-born and they just wanted to fit in.

Ian jumped the railing of the porch and ran down the sidewalk. Tara, though, took the stairs two at a time but lost some ground. But, she also prided herself in her speed. She knew she could easily run him down.

They made it down the block and Ian crossed the street into the park. As his twin, Tara could already tell what Ian was up to and hurried her pace. Sure enough, when she reached the park, Ian had disappeared. She stopped to take breather and look around till she found what she was looking for and she crept forward. A large, long-haired white cat was purring and rubbing up against the leg of a hot woman in a running outfit who was petting him, talking sweet to him. Tara gagged. How typical.

A boy and his dog went running past and she got a quick idea. She caught up to him, paid him twenty bucks and walked home with a grin on her face.

Sometime after breakfast, Ian came in all scratched up and muddy with a murderous look on his face. Ron, Hermione, Peyton and Tara were all sitting around the table and watched as he limped towards the stairs.

“You paid him didn’t you?” Ian snapped, looking at Tara.

Tara only shrugged innocently, acting like nothing happened. Ron and Hermione watching him limp up the stairs, their mouths open in shock. They looked back at Tara who looked at them innocently and continued eating.

When she was done, she went up to Ian’s room and knocked softly. “Ian? Are you alright?” she asked.

There was a moment’s pause and the door opened to a glowering Ian. “Does it look like I’m alright?” he asked angrily.

Tara pushed past him into the room and plopped down onto his bed. “Well, I was just getting back at you for all the rotten things you’ve done to me this summer.” she told him with a grin.

Ian smirked back at her and took his muddy shirt off. The scars from his Quidditch accident littered his body but he quickly shoved a new shirt down over himself. He was very self-conscious about himself, especially now that he had scars. “You’re getting too much like me, Tara. It scares me.” he admitted.

She shook her head. “Nah. I’m the complete opposite of you and you know it.” she told him.

He nodded. “I do. That’s how we learn to agree on things but, you still have the need to cause some trouble.” he winked at her. “Don’t ya?”

She blushed and looked away. At that moment, Hermione knocked softly on the open door. “Hey, you two. Ron wants to leave soon so you might want to get ready.”

Tara stood. “We’re coming, Aunt Hermione.” she nodded and left. Tara turned back to Ian. “Sorry about today, Ian. I didn’t mean to.”

Ian shrugged. “No big deal, sis. It was actually fur being chased by a dog. Stupid things if you ask me.”

Tara giggled and left the room.

___________________

Tara and Ian had been in Diagon Alley since the day they were born so it was nothing new to them as they stepped out through the fireplace next to the bookstore. As it was the last day of their summer break, Diagon Alley was packed with students. Ian saw tons of first years who stumbled beneath their packages of robes, a wand and an owl. He couldn’t remember even being that young.

He made to move down the street with Tara but there was a squeal and a flash of strawberry blonde hair and Charlie jumped into his arms.

“Pooh bear!” she squealed, kissing him hard. “I’ve missed you!”

Ian grinned and set her down. “You wrote me everyday! How could you have missed me?”

She gave a little pouty frown. “I missed you’re kisses.”

He grinned and set her down, giving her a more serious kiss. “Better?”

She looked up at him. “Definatly.”

Tara mimed throwing up then turned around, only to come face-to-face with Jesse himself. She took a step backwards and sputtered for the right words.

“Lost for words at the sight of me, kitten?” he asked her casually.

She slammed her mouth shut and looked haughty but couldn’t stop the blush creeping into her face. Those eyes…

“What do you want, Emerson and don’t call me kitten.”

Jesse shrugged non-chalantly. “Nothing. I was going to say hi but you clearly aren’t ready for the niceties yet.”

Now she was lost for words. What? No sly comeback? No flirty, witty explanation? Was this the Jesse Emerson she had met last term?

Her though process was put on hold as Natalie and Kyla skidded up beside her and smothered her in hugs.

“Tara!” they squealed.

“When did you guys get here?” she asked breathlessly.

“I stayed at Natalie’s last night.” Kyla told her. “And, we decided to come today to just walk around. We got our stuff last week so…”

Tara grinned. “Well, I’m just happy you guys came, with love birds over there.” she told them., pointing to Ian and Charlie.

Natalie giggled. “Come on, let’s get some ice cream…”

Ian watched his sister and her friends walk away and turned back to Charlie who was smiling up at him, her arms wrapped around his waist. “Aren’t you going with them?” he asked her.

She gave him a pouty face. “What? Don’t you want me with you?” she whined.

Seeing he was treading in dangerous water, he quickly added. “Yes! I do! I just wanted to make sure you weren’t going so that you could spend all your time with me!” he told her, giving her a radiant smile.

She quickly forgave him, of course, and leaned up, giving him another kiss.

Jesse rolled his eyes and patted Sam on the shoulder. “When Ian resurfaces, tell him I’m trailing his sister.’

Sam nodded, looking rather put-out by having to stay with the kissy-mushy couple. Jesse walked off, keeping his eyes open for the familiar red head. No sooner did he walk away did he find her and her friends at the ice cream parlor, ordering ice creams.

He quickly dodged behind a book cart outside of Florish and Blotts and pretended to be interested in a book about cursed Egyptian scrolls that caused the reader to talk in gibberish for the rest of their lives.

He peered out from behind the book cart and watched as they made their way down the crowded street. He put the book back and made after them as unnoticeable as possible. He had had a lot of practice with stealth the last two years because his Animagus form was a fox and they were always naturally stealthy.

Their next stop was the robe shop where all three girls spread out to look around. Jesse walked in and scouted the store, immediately spotting Tara’s red hair in the far corner of the store. He smirked and circled behind her. “Hey, Tara.” he whispered in her ear.

Tara gave a little squeak and dropped the robes she had been looking at before she turned around. “What do you want, Jesse?” she snapped as she bent down to pick up the robes.

He gave her a surprised look. “I thought we were going to hang out this summer?” he asked her.

A guilty feeling swept over her and she blushed. “I guess I forgot.” she said simply.

Jesse nodded. “Mhmm, I’m sure…” he told her teasingly. When she gave him a threatening look, Jesse cleared his throat and changed the subject. He turned to the rack of robes and peered through them. “So, tell me. What are you looking for?” he asked her with a seemingly interested look on his face.

I want a piece of you with everything in top… she shook her head and shrugged. “I want something casual, I suppose.” she moved around the rack to look at him. She took in the fact that he was dressed in all black and his hair, when he had been in first year, had been a light brown and was now a darker shade of brown. He was tall, taller than Ian and had the muscles of a Quidditch player, even though he didn’t play. His green eyes were a blazing emerald and they were so intent on the robes that she had to stifle a giggle. Am I actually talking to Emerson? she asked herself. I’ve always talked to him before because he’s my brother’s best friend but not like this… I’ve never felt this way before… She suddenly looked away as he looked up at her with a grin.

She pointly looked away as Natalie appeared beside her, saving her from answering embarrassing questions.

“Tara, Kyla’s going to pay then we’re leaving. Are you coming?” She glanced from her to Jesse and back again and smirked.

Tara’s face flushed pink, whether from anger or embarrassment, Jesse couldn’t tell but, before he knew it, Tara was leaving with Kyla and Natalie, leaving him to wonder about her watching him.

_______________________


Ian found his day to be a real drawl. Charlie dragged him to every girly store within a ten mile radius and cooed over the “cutest things”. When Charlie dragged him to a make-up store, he finally broke away, dragging Sam along. They caught up to Jesse who wasted no time and re-telling the story of him and Tara, during which Ian was laughing hysterically. Jesse told them that no matter what had happened today, he wasn’t about to give up on her.

They stocked up on their supplies and bought their new books. At quarter to five, Hermione found them and told Ian that it was time to go home. Sam said he had to get home too but Jesse ended up going home with Ian. He had promised Hermione that his parents would send his stuff over later, much to Tara’s anger.

Later that night, Tara stayed in her room, listening to Ian and Jesse down the hall in Ian’s room. She had a photo album open on her lap of when her father and mother had been younger. She flipped through a few pages till a piece of parchment fell out of one of the pages.

Intrigued, she picked it up. It was a letter from Ginny to Harry and dated a month or two after they had left school.

Dear Harry,

I know we broke up because you didn’t want Voldemort to find out but, I remember you telling me that the only, most sure way to kill Voldemort, is love and I believe that if we get back together, out love together could bring him down. I love you, Harry and I would never let you fight him alone. Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and I have never left your side. Not during the Department of Mysteries and not during the Death Eater attack on Hogwarts. We were faithful DA members but I’m still forever faithful to your heart, Harry. I want to be the love you feel when you fight Voldemort and I want my love for you to help aid you. I hope this letter reaches your hands soon because each moment I spend without you makes me heart break a little more.

With Love,
Ginny Weasley


Tara set the letter down, wiping the tears from her cheeks. It was hard to believe that two people had to be killed for such cause. Well, her father anyway. She still didn’t know if her mother was dead yet.

Her curiosity peeked, she flipped through the album for more notes and, instead, a picture fell out that had come loose from the page. It was a picture from her parents wedding day. They were waving happily at her and Mrs. Weasley was crying at Ginny’s elbow. Mr. Weasley had his arm around his wife’s shoulders and had a bog grin on his face. The Weasley twins were setting off fireworks in the background and Ron and Hermione were congratulating Harry . And, in the background, looking thoroughly uncomfortable being there, were Harry’s Aunt, Uncle and cousin Dudley.

She smiled at the picture. What she wouldn’t have done to be there on that day. She closed the photo album with a sigh. She remembered a memory from Ron’s pensieve that she had accidentally fallen into. It was the only thing she had.

-Flashback-

There was a soft knock on Ron’s apartment door and he opened it to find Harry standing in the doorway, his cloak wrapped around him. A wedding ring blazed on his finger. This memory was well after his wedding.

“Harry!” Ron exclaimed. “What are you doing here?” he asked him, letting him in.

Harry unclasped his cloak and draped it over the back of a chair. “Well, I just came from work and thought I could talk to you…”

Ron looked surprised. “You didn’t go home first? That’s a surprise. You know Ginny will throw a fit…”

Harry shifted uncomfortably. “Well, it’s Ginny…. That’s why I’m here…”

Ron’s eyes instinctively narrowed. “What did you do to her?” he asked him.

Harry gave him an uncomfortable smile. “Well, I sorta got her pregnant…”

There was silence at first then a goofy grin spread across Ron’s face. “You mean, I’m going to be an uncle?”

Harry smirked. “Yup.”

That was it because, at that moment, Ron had appeared and pulled her out of the memory, grounded her and hid the pensieve where she had yet to find it.

-End Flashback-

There was a knock at the door and Ian and Jesse appeared, wearing their best. “We’re going out for awhile. Are you coming?”

Tara grinned. “Yeah!” And she scrambled off the bed after them, leaving the photo album laying on her bed.

____________________

Having Hermione as an aunt had helped the twins to be well educated in the Muggle world. One being the subway. Jesse was absolutely entranced by the trains. He kept asking random people how they worked and either got laughed at or ignored.

They got off the subway at a local shopping plaza where they got a table and ate ice cream. It was only on the way home that trouble started.

It was already dark and they were on the subway home. It was relatively empty and Ian, Jesse and Tara had a train car all to themselves. Tara was reading a new book she had bought and Ian and Jesse were giggling over some muggle magazine. She looked over at them to tell them to shut-up when, suddenly, the lights in their train car flickered and went out.

Instantly, Ian and Jesse were on their feet with their wands out, all seriousness about them now. Tara stood slowly as she watched a hooded figure appear in the doorway of their train car and slowly raise a wand, mutter something and a flash of red streaked towards them.

Tara was shoved to the ground as the spell raced past them and blasted a hole in the side of the train.

“Tara! Run!” she heard Ian shout at her from the other side of their car.

She scrambled to her feet and headed towards the door where the hooded figure had come through. She stopped in the doorway and looked behind her. Another figure had appeared in the other doorway and had disarmed both boys and held his wand to them.

Tara raised her wand and walked towards the figures.

“Tara! NO!” Ian shouted but the words had left her mouth before she could stop herself.

“Stupify!” The nearest figure crumbled to the ground and Tara had to duck out of the way as the other figure shot a spell at her.

“Run, Tara!” Jesse screamed at her.

She ran towards the next car and burst through the door, the muggles there screaming. She could hear the figure hot on her heels and she prayed that Ian and Jesse had managed to escape during all the confusion.

She didn’t dare stop and use magic. She had already violated the right for underage magic and she didn’t want to make it worse by doing it in front of muggles.

She burst through the next door into the next car where another hooded figure was waiting for her. She stopped short and gasped. She was trapped. Muggles had shied away from her now, glancing between her and both figures.

“Come with us and you’ll be making it easier for yourself.”

“Never!” Tara hissed.

The whole time, the train had been slowly down. Now it stopped and the doors opened. She quickly put on a burst of speed and shot out of the train just as a spell exploded into the door behind her. Now there was chaos on the station. Through it all, she saw Ian and Jesse escape a few doors down with three hooded figures on them.

She reached the stairs and was about half way till a spell exploded under her feet, causing the stairs to break way. She screamed as she began to slide backwards. With quick thinking, she grabbed a piece of the stairs and lugged it at the figure who wiped it away with a flick of his wand. But, that moment had given her enough time to scrambled upwards and head back up the stairs.

Back outside, she turned around to see her attacker better under a street light. She gasped in anger. She recognized the mask of the Death Eater, of the very thing her father had died to destroy. Anger bubbled inside her and she ran faster, determined to out run him.

Suddenly, he Apparated right in front of her and she screamed, ducking down an alleyway, only to find herself trapped. Another Death Eater was blocking the other side of the alleyway. She turned around with a gasp as the first Death Eater chuckled and walked towards her. “You might as well give up. We already had your brother. The less of a struggle, the easier this will be.”

“Liar!” she screamed.

The Death Eater raised his wand and she closed her eyes and ducked, waiting for it.

“Stupify!”

She opened her eyes to see the Death Eater collapse. Jesse stood behind him, his eyes blazing. The other Death Eater shot a spell at him and quickly used a shield charm, which backfired against the Death Eater and he, too, collapsed.

“Are you alright?” Jesse asked her, running over to her.

“Where’s Ian?” she snapped.

He nodded behind him. “Running for your Uncle Ron. He’s got a few cuts and bruises but he’ll be alright,”

Tara’s fierce bravado melted away and she flung her arms around Jesse with a cry and buried her head in his chest. He held her tightly. “It’s alright. It’s over now…”

She sniffed. “What do they want…?” she whispered.

But, she already knew the answer to that question….
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=12796