There is Another by scars_are_cool
Summary: Betrayal, Quadruple Agents, Long Lost Siblings, Forgotten Prophices. Throw in a Touch of Romance and Secret Species and you have this story. Twenty-four years ago a child was born: the daughter of the Dark Lord. Now she is sworn to protect her fathers greatest foe, Harry Potter. She must do everything in her power to keep him safe while hiding her idenity from almost everyone. But she has a secret, a secret that could make or break the world... and the only clue is that ... There is Another.





Chapter 3 is up and I am working on 4, Please read and Review!!!!!!!
Categories: Alternate Universe Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5777 Read: 11430 Published: 03/18/07 Updated: 08/13/07

1. Prologue: It has Happened by scars_are_cool

2. Chapter 1: First Impressions by scars_are_cool

3. Chapter 2: Of Curiosity and Vampires by scars_are_cool

4. Chapter 3: Darkness All Around by scars_are_cool

Prologue: It has Happened by scars_are_cool
Author's Notes:
Well, this is my first chaptered fic. I have to extend a Huge thanks to my new beta Colores. And a thanks to Aurorgirl101 for supporting me, even though she elected not to beta this she has high hopes for it. Ratings and warnings may change through the fic. Please Read and Review!
There is Another






Prologue: It has Happened






The door to the minister’s office flew open and hit the wall with a bang. The little blonde secretary behind the desk squeaked in surprise. In strode a figure hidden in a long black cloak. Ignoring the secretary, the figure walked up to the door that led to the minister’s private office and opened it as if nothing were odd. “You sent for me?” The figure’s voice was low and dangerous, a voice that some compared to silk sliding over a knife, before being stabbed in the back.




“Yes,” the Minister of Magic Scrimgeour said, “I have one more job for you before you are released from Ministry service.”







“I will be released?” the figure asked, “Free to see my rest?” The voice was full of hope and the eyes sparkled in the depth of the hood. “What is this last job?”







“You must take care of and protect Harry Potter until the Final Battle.”







The figure stilled. The eyes that once held hope now were like two chips of ice. “I shall not fail you, Minister.”







With that, the figure swept out of the room and strode out of the Ministry; all who met her found different routes for the danger that surrounded her was suffocating. As soon as she was clear of the Ministry she turned and Disapparated.







*~*~*~*~*






Miles away in a moldy run-down castle, sitting on an ancient throne, was the cause of Europe’s panic, Lord Voldemort. Surrounding him was a circle of Death Eaters. On the wall to the right, the barely alive body of Draco Malfoy was hanging. On the right hand side of Voldemort sat Severus Snape. Without warning, a figure appeared in the middle of the circle: this time, no Death Eater jumped. They had long ago learned the lesson of what would happen should they dare. This figure was Voldemort’s best weapon: a cold, ruthless killer, an assassin. The hooded figure strode up to the throne and knelt down. The figure reached up and lowered the hood, exposing long red hair with black streaks in it, mush like a tiger’s pelt would look.







The figure drew a breath and spoke in a clear voice that all could hear. “My Lord, I have the assignment that we have been waiting for. I am Harry Potter’s personal guard”







A collective breath was drawn around the room. Voldemort merely smiled a slow evil smile. “ Congratulations, Daughter, Rise, embrace me, and then be on your way.”







She rose embraced her father quickly. When he released her, she sought his eyes with hers. Clear amber eyes met red ones. “Your wish is my command, My Lord.” She turned and swept out of the room. She went as quickly from that place of death as she could. When the castle was out of her sight she withdrew a sheet of parchment and a quill from inside her cloak. Quickly she scrawled a message and replaced the quill. She raised her head and let out an owl-like call. About five minutes later, a brown owl soared toward her and landed on her outstretched arm. She tied the note to the owl’s leg and whispered to it, ”Fly fast and true, my dear.” The owl took off and she stood there in the field for a few minutes. When the owl was out of sight, she turned and Disapparated.







*~*~*~*~*






Hours later, Kingsley Shacklebolt was walking leisurely towards his cubicle. When he got there, he found a brown owl with a note tied to its leg. Carefully, he untied the scrap of paper from the owl and unfolded it. When he read it, he dropped the note and dashed out of the office. A ray of sunlight caught the note illuminating the words.







KS






It has happened.






K







A/N: I know its kinda slow and dry, but I promise, it gets better. Pleas Review and tell me what you think!



scars_are_cool




Chapter 1: First Impressions by scars_are_cool
Author's Notes:
Im so sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up. I'v had some things to deal with, but they should be settled now. Please Read and review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 1: First Impressions



Kingsley Shacklebolt stood outside the rundown bar. He shivered in the night air. It might be July, but there was a definite nip in the air. He was waiting for someone. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a wizard in a bulky overcoat walking towards him. After a few minutes the wizard reached him and raised his head so that his identity could be revealed.



“Are you ready?” came the voice of Arthur Weasley from inside the folds of the coat.



“As soon as McGonagall gets here,” the Auror said in his deep, slow voice. “She should be here already.”



The red haired man chuckled. “She’s already here.” He opened up the top button of his coat and the head of a rather grumpy tabby cat appeared. The cat gave the men a look that clearly said, “If you want to remain men, don’t laugh.”



“All right, it’ll do,” Kingsley said with a shrug. “She’s waiting inside for us.” With that the two men and the cat entered the bar and headed towards the door at the back. When they reached it, the Auror reached out and knocked three times. The door slowly creaked open.



The men entered the room and shut the door. The sound of many magical locks and silencing charms sounded. Arthur reached inside his coat and pulled out the cat, gently setting it on the ground. With a soft ‘pop’ the cat turned into a rather severe-looking woman.



‘You had to borrow Hagrid’s coat, didn’t you?” Minerva McGonagall said with a sigh. Just then a voice cleared behind them. They turned and met a pair of amber eyes staring at them.



“I called you three here for a reason,” the voice said dangerously. ‘I will be taking the Potter boy into my care until the final battle. I will train him so he will have some chance. This is merely a formality so that you won’t send the troops after me.”



“Lady Kyranna, you can’t do this on a whim; it takes planning-“ McGonagall began before she was cut off.



“You will find that I can, Professor. I have a small window in which to do this. Oh, I also know you have no teacher for the DADA position; I will take it.” With that said Kyranna stood and made her way to the door. When she reached it she paused, turned to Arthur and said, “We will be at your son’s wedding.” She turned and swept out of the room and out of the bar, leaving the three dumfounded mages behind her.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Kyranna had made it a short way down the street she looked around, opening her senses, to see if anyone was near her. No. The area was clear. Quickly she waved her hands in the air and a shimmering patch appeared. She looked around again and stepped into the misty patch. As soon as she stepped into it, she was gone, with no trace of her magic lingering in the area.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Miles away, in an abandoned garage in Surrey, several pigeons were startled out of a sound sleep when a misty, shimmering patch appeared in the air. Out of it stepped a woman.



Kyranna looked around. Satisfied that no one had seen her arrival, she turned to the dark shape in the corner. She raised her wand and a small light flickered on. In the dim light a car could just be made out. Kyranna walked towards it and smiled slightly when she saw it. “Good old Joe,” she murmured. Joe was an old simpleton who did odd jobs for a faceless benefactor. She in turn made sure he and his family had everything they needed. Slowly she walked around the sleek black car; it was just right for her plan. She opened the door and got in. With a flick of her wand the lights went out and the wards went up. It was time to catch a few winks before tomorrow.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Dawn was slowly creeping over the horizon. Harry Potter woke up from a cold sweat. This dream was unlike any he had had before.



Smoke filled the air. Bodies were scattered everywhere. Stray spells were flying like a meteor shower. Harry turned and saw him: Voldemort. He had his wand pointed straight at Harry’s heart. He was going to die. He raised his wand to try and defend himself. Then just as the curse left Voldemort’s wand, a pair of tigers leapt over Harry. The larger of the two kept on, taking the killing curse meant for Harry. It hit the ground with a thud. The smaller butted its head against Harry’s leg and he felt a surge of power, a roaring beast fighting to get free. He raised his wand and sent the curse that would end his foe’s life. He watched it travel, as if in slow motion, arcing in a graceful line. Then”BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!



Harry inwardly cursed his clock. For the life of him he wanted to know how the dream ended. He felt it contained an important clue, a missing link. He looked over at the clock and with a jolt he realized that tonight he would be seventeen and tomorrow he would be able to leave this house that some of his worst memories were at. But not the worst. The worst was the one he was reliving every moment. He would see the broken body of his mentor, Albus Dumbledore, flying through the air off the Astronomy tower. The face of the traitor, Snape, as he held the wand that had done the frightful deed. Wordlessly, Harry rose to get dressed and pack, so that at midnight, he could leave and never look back.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The same dawn was rising over the garage where Kyranna had spent the night. She opened her eyes and looked around. The wards had held. She picked up her wand and lowered them. She reached up and took the keys from above the visor. With a wave of her wand she changed her clothes into a pair of black slacks and a white button-up shirt. Another wave pulled her long red hair free of her braid and put in into an elegant knot. One more wave had an official looking badge around her neck. Finally she flicked her wand and opened the door to the garage. She stuck the key into the ignition and took off with a roar. The Tigress was heading to Privet Drive.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Harry was laying flat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He heard a car roar up and stop. Probably one of the neighbuors, he thought. He got a shock when the doorbell rang and a few minutes later his Uncle Vernon yelled “BOY! GET DOWN HERE!”



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Kyranna pulled up into the driveway of Number Four, Privet Drive. She got out of the car and walked to the front door, her wand tucked in the waistband of her pants, ready for any trouble. She reached the door and rang the bell. A few seconds later an enormous man came and opened it. He glared at her as if she weren’t fit to grace his front step. She smiled a dangerous smile and said in a no-nonsense voice, ”Vernon Dursley I presume? I’m looking for a Harry Potter. Is he here?” She held up her badge and waited.



“What did that boy do now?” he growled.



“I’m not at liberty to disclose that information. Is he home?”



“Yes, come in, Officer. BOY! GET DOWN HERE!”



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry came down the stairs filled with dread. He had no idea what he had done now. His relatives had made a point of keeping a plague’s distance away for him at every moment. He stopped short when he went into the sitting room and saw his uncle sitting with a red-haired woman. She had a badge. This was going to be bad. He went in and hovered awkwardly.



The woman looked up and said, “Please have a seat, Mr. Potter. Mr. Dursley, would you excuse us?” She waited until Vernon had left the room before continuing in a low voice, “Harry, my name is Kyranna. I have a letter from the Order. Please trust me as we have little time.” She handed him a small envelope.



Harry took the envelope and looked at it with caution. He slit it open and read the contents.



Harry,



This is Kyranna. You must trust her. She is your personal Ministry assigned bodyguard. She is one of us as well. She will act like she is arresting you, and then take you to a safe house. Everything will be explained there. If you don’t trust her identity, ask her something only an Order member would know.



Minerva McGonagall



Harry stared at the woman in front of him. He cast around for a question. Finally he found one. “What is the painting of in the room Ron and I share at headquarters?” To his surprise, she smiled.



“Why that is Phineas Nigellus. Although most of the time it is a blank canvas. Do you trust me now?”



He nodded.



“Well then,” she said briskly, “Wait here in a state of shock while I go and get your things from your room.” Kyranna stood up and walked out of the room and up the stairs.

Harry sat there. There was something about the mysterious woman that he couldn’t place. But he knew she had secrets, and he wasn’t sure he liked it. It was dangerous.



Kyranna growled low in her throat when she saw the room that her charge had to live in. She pulled out a long tube from up her sleeve and set it on the ground and prodded the top with her finger. It started shaking and rattling. Then, it was like a mighty wind tore through the room: everything that hadn’t been packed flew into the trunk at the foot of the bed and the trunk shrunk. She bent over and picked up the tube, a useful invention by a pair of Unspeakables. Then she grabbed the trunk and shoved it in her pocket. Time was short and they had a lot of ground to cover. She walked down the stairs and nodded to the Dursleys, who were watching her with fear and interest. She went into the room where she left Harry and said “Stand up. I need to put these cuffs on you so your relatives don’t suspect.”



Harry held out his hands. Might as well do what she wants, he thought. She snapped the cuffs on and marched him out. When they reached the Dursleys, she stopped.



“Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, your nephew is under arrest for murder. If you have any questions, please call this number,” she said, handing them a card, “Good day.”



They walked out of the house and Kyranna put Harry in the back seat, and then hopped into the front. With a roar the engine started and they pulled out of the driveway.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“You can take those cuffs off now, and get into the front. Just pull them off your wrists.”



Harry did as he was told, puzzling over the first impression of the woman behind the wheel, not knowing that she was doing the exact same thing.




A/N please review! the next chapter will be up soon! and i'd like to say thanks to my FAB-U-LUS beta Colores. i could not do it without her. cookies to reviewers!
Chapter 2: Of Curiosity and Vampires by scars_are_cool
Author's Notes:
Woot! Keeping reading and reviewing!

We learn a little bit more about Kyranna's secrets, and find new ones.

This world is JKR's, I'm just borrowing it for a time.

Lots of love to my beta Colores!

Chapter 2: Of Curiosity and Vampires

They had been driving for nearly two hours with no words spoken. Kyranna seemed fine with it, but Harry had too many questions and he was ready for answers. He turned to the woman sitting next to him and said, “Who are you?”

Kyranna was waiting for him to ask this. You don’t become the best without having total awareness of one’s surroundings. So, naturally, she had an answer. “I go by many names, not all of them pleasant.” She paused and smiled to herself, enjoying a private joke. “The only name you need to know is Kyranna Nakata, Lady Tigress. Any more will be revealed on a need to know basis. Now no more questions, it is not safe; wait until we reach the safe house. Now try and rest; if not, there is a book in the glove box.”

Harry wasn’t tired. Kyranna’s answer gave him more questions than answers. But he knew that she would remain tight lipped. So to pass his time, he opened the glove box and pulled out the book and looked at it. It was very old and worn, but the title seemed like one on a newly printed book. He read it aloud. “The Hidden Powers of Your Ancestry. By Alvis Aonghus.” He looked at her to see her reaction.

Kyranna smiled to herself as she drove. Her plan was working. She glanced at him and said, “Read it, but be careful; that book is very old and it was very difficult for me to get my hands on. Oh, whether you care or not, we are traveling this way to keep our presence masked. Magic can be traced. By myself, I can travel unnoticed, but with you I can’t. We are almost to today’s stopping place, I’ll let you know when we get close.”

He stared at the side of her head for a minute, pondering at this strange revelation. All would be revealed in time… he hoped.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Several hours later, Harry looked up from the book and saw that they were driving through a crowed city. He glanced at Kyranna and saw that her face was drawn with fatigue and frustration. She was also muttering under her breath. Every so often he would catch a phrase like “Blast them… idiot, the road is… curse you into the veil…even Floo is…” She stopped when she saw him watching.

Kyranna hated city driving; she was fine on the open road, but not here with all the idiot Muggles. She looked to the right and saw Harry watching her. “What?!” she asked. “Never mind, we are nearly there, thank Merlin. But I need to warn you, we are staying the night at a sanctuary. It is a safe haven for werewolves, vampires, wizards, hags, and any other creature you can think of. The Muggles think it is just a rock house for upcoming bands and their groupies. But back to my warning: the place is run by vampires. They will keep you safe from any hunting us, but you must show respect. And DON’T talk to anyone, for Merlin’s sake. Oh, we’re here.” She drove around the back of a building that had loud rock music blaring out of it. When she stopped the car, they both got out. She walked around the car and grabbed Harry by the upper arm and steered him in the back door. They were stopped by a pair of guards, but neither had the look of a vampire; it was still too early for them. Instead, they were two wild looking men with sandy hair. They looked like lions.

The guards looked towards Kyranna and said, ”Tigress, you were banned from here. Leave.”

“I may be banned but the boy is not, Lion. I request sanctuary for the night, and if you refuse me entry, I’ll request an audience with Lady Phoenix.”

The guards turned away from them and conversed with each other. Finally they turned back around. “Simba will take you to Lady Phoenix. But be warned, Tigress, he has orders to kill you for one wrong move.”

Kyranna bristled like a cat that had water dumped on it. But finally she seized Harry’s arm again, following the guard Simba, but making sure to not expose either her or Harry’s back. They followed the guard down several fights of stairs into the deepest chamber. The guard knocked and the door opened. Kyranna and Harry stepped inside and the door slammed shut behind them.

They stepped inside the room and it was like a thick veil had fallen over their eyes. After a few moments, they could see a dark shape moving towards them. As the shape neared, a match flared, nearly blinding them in the midnight darkness. A candle was lit, showing the face of the figure. It was the face of a woman, deathly pale and very beautiful. Her eyes were as black as coal and her hair was just as black, down to the floor. This could be none other than the vampire Lady Phoenix.

She smiled, showing sharp, pointed teeth. “Lady Sepentira, How… pleasant it is to see you here. Tell me, what is it exactly that you are doing here when you have been banished, and dragging this boy into the mess as well?”

Kyranna pulled herself up to her full height, her golden eyes gleamimg in the darkness. “Phoenix, you know I would never come here unless the need was urgent. I seek only a place for the boy to rest the night; you know who he is, they all do. If you choose not to shelter me, fine, I will sleep in the car, but let the boy stay until dawn.”

Phoenix leaned forward and whispered into Kyranna’s ear, “Does he know your secret yet? No? I thought as much. Then you will do anything to ensure my silence. Don’t answer. You don’t have a choice. I will show the boy to his room while you wait here. When I return, I will feed from you. You have powerful, intoxicating blood. After I feed you will be in no condition to travel, to a room or a car, let alone fight off any attackers, so you will stay the night with me, in this room. When the dawn comes, you may leave.” When she was finished speaking, she stood up and turned to Harry.

When the vampire lady turned to him, Harry took a step back. The way Kyranna’s eyes widened when the woman was speaking to her frightened him. Kyranna didn’t seem like a woman that was affected much by anything.

Lady Phoenix walked towards Harry and spoke softly to him. “Young Potter, if you will, come with me to your room. There will be a meal and a bath waiting for you. In the morning, be ready to go at dawn for that is when you will be leaving.” She turned and left the room.

Before he followed her, he turned to look at Kyranna. She glanced at him and nodded. Harry had no choice but to follow the woman to his room. When they got there, she opened the door and said to him, ”I hope you find the room to your liking, please don’t leave, and if you need anything, ring the bell next to the window.” Then she left, shutting the door behind her. When she was gone Harry turned and got undressed. He climbed carefully into the tub and washed quickly. When he was done, he ate the food that was on the small table and climbed into bed. It took him no time at all to fall asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, after Harry left, Kyranna began unbuttoning the top few buttons of her shirt. When that was done, she sat on the bed and waited for Phoenix to return. She hated doing this, but it was the payment Phoenix had always asked for whenever Kyranna had needed anything. Finally Phoenix returned and saw Kyranna sitting on the bed with her shirt unbuttoned just enough to expose her neck. Drawing a breath, Phoenix headed straight for her. She bent over Kyranna’s neck, scraping her teeth over the pulse, and then finally sinking her teeth in. When she had drunk her fill, she licked up the trail of blood that had escaped. Kyranna had only cried out once, when the teeth first pierced her skin. Now she was exhausted from the day and the lack of blood, and finally she passed out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When dawn finally arrived, Kyranna stirred. She was weak; she needed to get home to get her strength back. She looked over at Phoenix and smiled: the vampire was sound asleep. Kyranna stood up, but had to brace herself against the bed when a wave of dizziness passed over her. She looked around the room and saw some clothes on a chair. It was just what she needed. She made her way over and carefully pulled on the black cargo pants and then the black tank top. Then she pulled her long red hair back and braided it in a braid that reached the middle of her back. Then she donned the cloak. She was in mission mode now. She made one last check to make sure she had everything, and then left the room to go get Harry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry woke up when the first rays of sunlight entered the room. He looked around for a minute, disoriented. Then the memories of the past day hit him like a tidal wave. He remembered that the woman had said Kyranna would be leaving at dawn. He jumped out of bed and threw on the clothes that were lying on the chair next to the fireplace. Just as he had finished pulling on his shirt, somebody knocked on his door. Cautiously he opened it and saw Kyranna flanked by the two lion men from yesterday. With a start, he saw that Kyranna looked pale and weak. She also seemed to be even tenser than last night, if that was even possible. With a jerk of her head, she motioned him to follow her. He scrambled out of the room, looking nervously over his shoulder at the lion men. Finally the group reached the door and the one called Simba said, “Tigress, next time you won’t be so lucky. Boy, if you don’t want to end up dead, get out of this traitor’s company.”

At these words, Kyranna growled. Then she stalked off to the car. Harry hurried after her, deciding not to try her patience this early.

When they got in the car, Kyranna grabbed a bag out of the back seat. From it she drew out a bar of some type of food and a bottle. She tossed the bar to Harry and said simply, “Eat.” She pulled the stopper out of the bottle and swallowed it, grimacing as she did so. Then she tossed the bottle in the back again and threw the car into reverse. When they got out from behind the building and back on the highway, she looked over at Harry and said, “Never again.”

Harry had no idea what she was talking about, but somehow he felt like he understood. He turned back to the front and looked out the window, heading to Merlin knew where, but he was confident it was better than where they left.

Chapter 3: Darkness All Around by scars_are_cool
Author's Notes:
this is a very short chapter, mainly just a filler that is vital and wouldn't fit anywhere else. sorry for the long time between updates, but I have been out of the country. Please read and review.
Chapter 3: Darkness All Around

Kyranna looked over at the black haired boy… no, man, that was sitting next to her in the car. His head was drooping as he slept, soft snores issuing from him at regular intervals. Sleep. Wow. That was so tempting… But she must fight it. Just for a little while more. Harry was now seventeen, and in even more danger than before.

Harry woke with a start. The book that was on his lap fell off with a clunk. He looked out the window and saw that they were driving through a small town. Behind the town he saw a hill. There was a large… something on top. But he couldn’t quite make out what it was.

Then, as if on queue, Kyranna spoke up. “My home is atop that hill. This is my village, under my protection. Let none here see your face. We will be there shortly.”

Harry was puzzled at her directions, but kept his head down. Better to avoid trouble if he could help it. Finally, after about fifteen minutes, they pulled through a pair of large iron gates that closed with a dull thud. Thy followed the drive up to the front of… what looked like a fortress-like mansion. It appeared to be made out of the blackest stone he had ever seen. When he got out of the car, he stared up in awe.

Suddenly, Kyranna spoke up behind him, making him jump about a foot in the air. “This is my home. The villagers call it ‘Darkness’, which is surprising because in my language, it is Neslankanda, which means ‘Palace of Night’ or ‘Palace of Evil’.” She gave a short laugh after she said that. Then, as Harry was looking at her with a mixture of curiosity, amusement, and fear, she started through the massive front doors which were made out of black wood. She turned to look back at him when she saw he wasn’t following her and he hurried up after her.

When they walked through the doors, Harry was struck with the vastness of the place. It felt so empty, so cold. He followed Kyranna up flight after flight of stairs. This place was huge. Occasionally, they saw series of long grooves down the walls, like a giant animal had drug its claws down it. Finally Kyranna stopped and opened a door. She went in and Harry followed.

Kyranna turned to Harry and said, “This is your room. Feel free to personalize it as you want. All I ask is that you don’t leave this room, no matter what. There are many things that roam these halls besides me. Not all of them will pause to think about what you are.” She turned and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Harry turned and surveyed his room. It was made out of black wood and stone and had dark red hangings on the wall. The bed was a magnificent four-poster, grander than any he had seen. It too was hung with dark red hangings. Harry went over to one of the wall hangings and pushed it aside. It was covering a large painting of a tiger. He stared at it confusion and it bared its teeth at him. He went and looked behind all the hangings and saw each one was hiding a painting of a tiger. The last one he looked behind was hiding a window. It looked out over the front lawn. He could see the surrounding village and beyond for miles. He yanked the curtain closed and turned to the bed. With a start, he saw his trunk sitting at the end. He couldn’t remember bringing it up. Then he mentally shook himself. He was in the home of a clearly powerful witch. He strode over to the trunk and pulled out a pair of pajamas. He changed quickly and leapt in the bed. He was asleep in moments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


In another wing of the house, Kyranna was changing too. She pulled on long black robes and donned a cloak to match. Then she twirled her hands in the air and a large shimmering patch appeared. She stepped through it and emerged seconds later in the long room where Lord Voldemort was currently at. She walked down the length of it. Death Eaters on either side bowed as she passed. When she reached the front of the room she kneeled in front of the Dark Lord.

Voldemort reached out and slowly lowered the hood from around her face. His red eyes stared at the top of the bowed head in front of him. Then he said in his cold voice “Speak, Daughter.”

Kyranna drew a breath and began, “My Lord, I have taken Potter to my house. There I placed him under a heavy sleeping charm. He will sleep until I lift the spell. What would you have me do now, Father?”

Voldemort rose and walked in a slow circle around his still kneeling daughter. Finally he said, “Keep him safe. Train him if you must. Find out everything about him. His strengths, his weaknesses, and his tactics in battle. Report to me at regular intervals. I want you to know Potter better than he knows himself. You may go. Snape wishes to see you.”

Kyranna rose and bowed to her father. Then she turned and left the room. She then turned and entered the labyrinth of passages until she reached the room of Severus Snape. She knocked three times on the door. With a slight creak it opened and she edged in, closing the door behind her. She turned and saw him standing by the fire.

Snape stood by the fire ad watched her graceful movements. She turned and looked at him. Black eyes met gold and he said, “He is sleeping.”

She turned from him and went through on of two doors in the room. She walked over to the small bed and looked at the child sleeping in it. Carefully she bent down and pressed her lips to the child’s head. He was so young, so innocent to be living in this world of treachery. When this war was over, if she survived it, she would set out to claim her birthright. Then she would settle down, far away from those who would judge her and raise her son. A son she had not wanted, but a son she loved anyway. She impatiently brushed away a tear that she was not permitted to have. She left the room and saw Snape still standing by the fire. She walked over and laid her hand on his cheek, then slowly moved it to run it through the hair so many thought was greasy. She placed a kiss on his cheek and backed away, their eyes locked. She was the one to break contact, turning away and twirling her hands in the air to once again make the air shimmer. With a single look back she stepped through the patch and emerged in her room. She took of her cloak and hung it up. With a small sob she ran from the room. She was going to let the Tigress run tonight.

A/N: So, How do you like? Let me know! And... I'm giving a challenge: What should I name the boy? He won't make an appearance for a few chapters, but i need a name. Any suggestions? I will take the best.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=65217