Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Compton Diary by rockinfaerie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: As said before.




The Compton Diary




Tuesday, 12 July, 2005.


Mrs Louisa Burke-Compton,

Sincere apologies for not replying sooner.

I have been examining the diary you sent me in great detail, and have researched anything that may have linked the story with another, as to give it proof that what was written actually took place.

Who was this man that came into their lives so unexpectedly, and for such a short time? This is the question that most intrigues me. Was he really called, "Harry Potter," or was this a pseudonym to act as a police deterrent?

I continue my research into this most interesting and honestly, baffling case. I hope to reach you again soon, and that I may discover the truth in these events.

I have looked into the records of Bernard Compton's regiment and unfortunately have not seen anything relating to the alleged occurances involving a "winged beast." The records state that the camp was heavily bombed, and many of the regiment did die in the fires that followed. Bernard Compton was admitted to the hopital three days later, and it is indeed stated that he had a concussion.

The terrifying creature Alice Compton has written to have encountered seems to be a personification of depression, but did it actually exist? I am full of curiousity about the reasons behind these events.

And those robed people, who held sticks? The sticks appear to have been a conductor of power. I have, several times, been given a document with an account of these mysterious stick-carriers, and my only theory is that they make-up some sort of secret society. If so, does that society still operate? And is it malign or benign?

In either case, I wish to make a full inquiry into related events. I hope anyone to have witnessed such events involving robed, stick-carriers to come forward and contact me.

Dr Helena Stanfield


Dr Helena Stanfield

88 Old Serene Place
West Brompton
SW10
London