Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unknown Power by Potter123

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3
Conversation with Voldemort


Early the next morning, Harry awoke with a thin layer of cold sweat covering his face. Voldemort had sent him another vision, but he couldn't remember it. All he could remember was pain worse than he ever felt before. But, there was something other than pain he felt. It was more hatred then he ever felt in his life.

He slowly climbed out of bed while wiping the sweat off his face as his stomach gave a soft growl. He walked out the door and down the old staircase in his boxer shorts and undershirt as everyone else slept quietly.

I wonder where Dobby is? I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon, thought Harry, as he quietly walked into the empty kitchen to find a mountain of eggs, bacon and toast on the table.

Harry scanned the kitchen with his eyes, hoping to see the small house elf, but he didn't. He quietly sat in a chair and began putting food onto his plate as someone entered the room.

"Good morning," said a voice behind him as he jumped up from the table.

He quickly turned around to see a blond-haired women standing beside him.

"Tonks!!" Harry scolded. "Don't do that. You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Wow," said Tonks eyeing him closely. "Do you walk around Hogwarts like that too?"

"Like what?" he asked as he glanced down at his boxer shorts and undershirt. "I'm almost naked!!"

"Relax Harry, you look fine," said Tonks grabbing him around the arm and pushing him back into a chair as he tried to run out of the kitchen.

Harry sat uncomfortably still as Tonks sat in the chair beside him and piled food onto her plate.

"So," she said casually. "I hear that someone's birthday is in a couple of days?"

"Actually in two months," said Harry as Tonks' smile turned into a frown. "Hermione's birthday is in September."

There was in an uncomfortable silence as Tonks stared at Harry with pity in her eyes. A second later, the kitchen echoed with a loud 'hoot' as a brown owl flew in through the window holding a large paper in it's beak. It swoop down and landed on top the kitchen table as Tonks pulled some money out of her pocket. After being paid, the owl flew into the air again and Harry quietly picked up the Daily Prophet as the front title caught his eye.

Azkaban breakout followed by three murderous attacks.

Only sixteen hours ago, The place we've known to be an unbreakable fortress has fallen under the wrath of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and his fearful Death Eaters. The highly feared guards of Azkaban have disappeared without a trace. Some say they have joined He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named but other's say he killed them. Only a few short hours after the breakout, Ministry Aurors found the Dark Mark floating above three towns near London. Several Muggle and Wizard family's are in critical condition, while more were found dead in their homes. The Minister of Magic, 'Cornelius Fudge', has given word of his retirement to Minister of Magic only two hours after these attacks. The person we feared for so long has come back. Will the Muggle and wizard world turn to 'Albus Dumbledore' once again? Or will the Boy-Who-Lived have the power to defeat You-Know-Who once again and rid the world of him once and for all?


Harry stared at the Daily Prophet with his mouth hanging open slightly as Tonks quietly read over his shoulder.

Voldemort attacked three towns, thought Harry as several people started walking into the kitchen. He was looking for me. It's all my fault.

Harry stood up and quickly walked across the room leaving Tonks behind to read the Daily Prophet. As he walked back up the stairs, into Sirius' old bedroom, he jumped onto the large bed. He quickly heard a voice in his head.

"How are you Harry," hissed the snake-like voice.

"Voldemort," said Harry in a whisper.

"I guess you have read the Daily Prophet," Voldemort laughed coldly.

"You should have seen it Harry," said Voldemort as his voice became colder. "The way they ran and screamed. They were completely helpless. Just like you."

Concentrate, Harry told himself as he tried to force Voldemort out of his mind.

"Think Harry. Is everyone around you worth that price?" asked Voldemort with another cold laugh.

"What price?" asked Harry through clenched teeth.

"You," he hissed back. "They will end up just like your Godfather because they are trying to help you."

"No," said Harry breathlessly as he felt a tear slid down his cheek.

"Do you miss your parents and Godfather?" asked Voldemort as Harry concentrated harder. "I can teach you a way to bring them back to life."

"Noooo!!" yelled Harry as he pushed Voldemort out of his mind.

Harry lay with a pillow over his head and tears running down his cheek as he remembered how helpless he was in the Department of Mysteries.

"How am I supposed to kill Voldemort?" he whispered into the bed as he shut his eyes tight and fell asleep.

***


Harry was standing near the lake at Hogwarts as the cold night air rushed against his skin. he didn't even notice the robed figure standing beside him until he look into the lake to see his reflection. Harry could feel the pain and hatred again. But this time it was stronger.

He watched as the robe figure pulled out his wand and whispered something he couldn't hear. As the robed figure stopped whispering, a bright green skull appeared in the black sky. The Dark Mark.

Harry watched the robe figure vanished without a sound. He looked down to see a greasy haired man covered in blood as he lay dead on the ground. The man was Professor Snape.

Although Harry had come to hate this man during his time at Hogwarts, he didn't wish that he would be killed. He fell beside his Professor as the world around him started to fade away.

***


"Harry Potter, sir," said a high pitched voice as he shook Harry violently. "Harry Potter, sir, wake up."

Harry quickly opened his eyes to see a small house elf beside him holding a wet towel.

"Dobby," Harry said breathlessly as he jumped out of his bed. "Go check where Professor Snape is, quick."

The small house elf nodded his head and disappeared with a soft pop.

As Dobby was away in search for Professor Snape, Voldemort's words replayed in Harry's head. They were completely helpless. Just like you.

Voldemort is right, thought Harry as his battle at the Ministry of Magic played in his mind again. I am helpless. If Dumbledore and the Order hadn't come, we would all have died.

With a soft pop, Dobby appeared in front of Harry. Harry quickly looked up into Dobby eyes and asked, "Where is he?"

"He is with Master Dumbledore. They are talking about dueling," replied Dobby as Harry looked at him.

"Well, if Dumbledore wants to kill him I guess it's okay," mumbled Harry with a slight grin.

"Is there anything else you wish for Dobby to do?" asked the small elf.

"Actually there is," replied Harry as he whispered something into Dobby ear. "Can you get that for me?"

"Dobby will be happy to get Harry Potter what he needs," said Dobby as he disappeared again.

Harry sat on the edge of Sirius' old bed when a voice echoed through the whole house.

"FRED!!!!GEORGE!!!!RONALD!!!!" yelled an angry women.

"I wonder what's going on," said Harry curiously as he jumped off the bed and walked out the bedroom door.

Harry walked down the staircase and into the kitchen. As soon as he walked into the kitchen, he saw Mrs Weasley furiously pointing her finger at her three son's as they cowered behind the table.

"I can't believe you did that!!" she yelled as she quickly walked around the table. Fred, George and Ron ran as fast as they could to the other side of the table as their mother shot them a glare.

"We had to," replied Fred as his mother walked quickly around the table. This time as Fred, George and Ron ran to the other side, George tripped on the leg of the table causing him to fall to the floor.

"Noooo!!!!" yelled George as Mrs Weasley stood in front of him and pulled out her wand to summon several spoons.

As George lay on the ground swinging his arms and legs in every direction trying to block the spoons, Mrs Weasley continued to chase Fred and Ron.

"Mum," Ron cried but she cut him off.

"The Order had to go over and change the three of them back. When they got there, they were all monkeys!!" yelled Mrs Weasley as she ran around the table again.

"Actually they were pigs," Fred corrected her.

Mrs Weasley quickly caught up to Fred and Ron. As she raised her wand, Ron tried to hold it away from him. "No, not the spoons Mum, please!!" he cried.

"Umm. . . Mrs Weasley," said Harry as he walked beside her. "What's going on?"

Mrs Weasley quickly lowered her wand from Fred, George and Ron. They gave Harry a grateful look as George scrambled to his feet.

"Harry," said Mrs Weasley as she ran over and gave Harry a tight hug. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," replied Harry truthfully as Fred, George and Ron quietly tried to walk out of the room.

"Fred and George," said Mrs Weasley as she released Harry and turned to look at them coldly. "You will have to scrub the floors in the living room for what you did this morning."

Harry heard laughter behind him and turned to see Ginny and Hermione leaning against the frame of the door. Ron softly laughed as he heard what Fred and George's punishment was.

"And what is so funny, Ronald?" asked Mrs Weasley as she turned to look at Ron.

Ron immediately stopped laughing as his mother walked closer to him.

"You will be doing the dishes until you have to go back to school," said Mrs Weasley in a deadly cold voice.

Ginny and Hermione laughed even harder as they saw the expression on Ron's face.

"But Mum," whined Ron. "That's a house elf's job."

Hermione glared at Ron in disgust as she heard what he had just said.

"Well, would like the spoons instead?" asked Mrs Weasley as she pulled her wand out again.

"Umm. . . I think doing dishes is fair enough," said Ron as he quickly ran out of the room.

Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George laughed at Ron as he ran from the room and up the stairs. Mrs Weasley sent another glare towards the twins and watched as they quickly stopped laughing and followed Ron up the stairs.

"You three," said Mrs Weasley turning to look at him, Hermione and Ginny. "Dinner will be ready soon, so stay out of trouble."

"Yes, Mrs Weasley," replied Harry as he exited the room and walked up the staircase and back into the room he was staying in.

Harry quietly sat on the large bed while running a hand threw his messy hair. What is taking Dobby so long, he thought to himself as a soft knock echoed from the door.

"Come in," said Harry while sitting up straight.

The door slowly opened as Hermoine stepped into the room. She was followed by Fred, George, Ginny and Ron.

"Hi, Harry," she said cheerfully as she sat beside him on the bed.

"Hi," replied Harry awkwardly.

Fred, George and Ginny sat together on the floor while Ron sat on the other side of Harry.

"We haven't seen you since you arrived so we thought we would spend some time with you," said Hermione as she saw Harry's confused face.

"You don't mind do you?" asked Ginny.

"No," replied Harry as the four of them gave a sigh of relief.

"So," said Ron casually. "What did Dumbledore want last night?"

"He just wanted to tell me that I'm going to continue Occlumency lessons and to pack my trunk," he said the last part softly.

"Pack your trunk," ecohed Hermione as she jumped off the bed. "You just got here. You cant leave."

"I have to," said Harry as Hermione sat beside him again.

"Why?" asked Ginny as everyone looked up at Harry.

"I don't know, but I know I have to," replied Harry as they all looked down at the floor.

"But your birhtday is in two weeks," said Fred and George together.

"Can I ask you something?" said Harry as he ignored what they said and looked at them and Ron .

"Sure," replied George as he sat beside Ron.

"Who did you turn into monkeys?"

"Pigs," corrected Fred.

"We turned your relatives into pigs," said George as a smile appeared on Harry's face. "Just to give them some payback for what they did to you."

"Ya," added Ron. "And Mum thinks she can still use the spoons on us. Bloody hell, we are practically adults."

"No, not the spoons Mum, please!!" teased Fred and George as Ron's ears started turning red.

"How did you turn Harry's relatives into pigs?" asked Hermione inquisitively.

"Latest product," replied Fred pulling a paper out of his pocket. "If you drink it, you will turn into the animal that most resembles you."

Harry took the paper from Fred and looked down to see a man drinking some kind of red liquid and then turning into a bear.

"Then how did my aunt become a pig?" asked Harry curiously.

"She didn't," answered George. "She turned into a chicken."

Harry let out laugh before saying, "I need to buy some of that."

"Why," asked Ron with a confused look on his face.

"Because," replied Harry with another laugh. "I really miss seeing Malfoy as a ferret."

Fred, George, Ron, Hermione and Ginny laughed along with Harry.

"Did our O.W.L.'s come yet?" asked Harry when he finally managed to stop laughing.

"Well. . .ours did," replied Ron.

Harry stared at Ron and Hermione for a second. "Pardon."

"You see Harry, your O.W.L.'s didn't come. only ours did," answered Hermione as a voice yelled up the stairs.

"DINNER IS READY!!"
________________________________________________________
Once again, thanks to HollieWeasley, Harrietta Potter, Katastrophe, MrsGeorgeWeasley and Grindelwald for reviewing my first chapter and for those of you who took the time to read it. I also want to give the biggest thanks to Craftyslytherin for always saying great things about my fic, and to Robin. I couldn't have done this without you. Your the best. Now, does anyone want to guess who the robed figure is from Harry's nightmare. You can email me or guess in your review. I might answer. . .I might not.