Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unknown Power by Potter123

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +





Chapter5
Voices from the forest.



Harry fell out of the blazing emerald fire to land in Dumbledore's office. After brushing soot off his robes, he quietly walked around the cluttered office. The room was once again the way it always looked. Dumbledore's magical instruments had been fixed along with everything else Harry had damaged as a result of his anger. He felt guilty about the way he had destroyed his Headmaster's office. After all, Dumbledore was the very man that had spent his past years trying to protect him.


Harry stood still, looking around the Headmaster's office, when a red blur knocked him off his feet and onto the floor. "Sorry, Harry," said Ginny through all her giggling.


"It's okay," replied Harry, as Ginny quickly jumped off of him.


As they both stood up, Lupin, Tonks, Moody, and Dumbledore emerged from the fire. "Harry, will you and Miss Weasley please take a seat so we may get started?" asked Dumbledore tiredly.

Harry and Ginny obediently took a seat as Lupin, Tonks, and Moody sat beside them a moment later, and Dumbledore began to speak again.


"How was your stay at headquarters, Harry?" asked Dumbledore in a tired but calm voice.


Harry was about to answer his Headmaster, when a voice entered his head. "Has Voldemort been sending you more visions lately?"


"Yes," replied Harry after he realized the voice was Dumbledore's. He looked over at Ginny and Tonks. "I mean, it was fine."


"Good," said Dumbledore while massaging his forehead with his hand. "About Dumbledore's Army-"


"Dumbledore's Army?" echoed Harry.


"Yes. The defense club you started last year," replied Dumbledore while leaning back in his chair.


"What about it?" asked Harry as he glanced over at the three adults next to him.


"Do you want to start it up again?" asked Dumbledore simply.


Harry sat in silence for a minute. Ginny was watching him carefully as he answered. "With all do respect, sir, I think there are more important things that need my full attention," replied Harry politely. "However, I would like the club to be started back up."


A smile had formed on to Dumbledore's face as he listened to Harry. "I would assume you want, Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger to teach this club?"


"I would have it no other way," said Harry with a smile. "But can you tell them, sir? If I told them that I resigned, then they would probably bite my head off."


"I will certainly tell them," answered Dumbledore with a soft laugh. The laugh soon vanished, and was replaced with a serious look. "Now, I would like to know if you have told anyone about what we discussed at the end of last year?"


Harry avoided Lupin's, and Ginny's eyes, as they looked at him suspiciously. "No, sir," replied Harry softly. "Only you and I know."


"Good," said Dumbledore with a tired voice. "You see, Voldemort has had someone in the Order to spy for him. The spy has been reporting our information back to Voldemort."


"How do you know?" asked Ginny with a higher pitch to her voice than usual.


"Let us just say I have my ways of knowing things," replied Dumbledore with a slight smile, before turning to look at Harry. "I must warn you, Harry. If you do wish to divulge to anyone about what we talked about last year, than only tell the people you are sure you can trust. If you must know, everyone in this room is trustworthy."


"I understand," said Harry softly.


Dumbledore politely nodded his head before turning to the three adults. "Lupin, Nymphadora, and Alastor," he began. "You will be guarding the castle until the first of September. Lupin, you and Nymphadora will stay in Gryffindor Tower to make sure Harry and Miss Weasley are well kept throughout the remainder of the summer. Alastor, I want you to patrol the castle."


Moody and Tonks nodded their heads and stood up to leave. "Now Harry, I figured since you are here early, we could start tomorrow," said Dumbledore after Tonks and Moody left the room.


"Start what, sir?" asked Harry.


"Occlumency," said Dumbledore's voice in Harry's head.


"I think we should, sir," replied Harry as he thought about the conversation between himself and Voldemort, that had happened the day before.


Ginny looked back and forth between Harry and Dumbledore. She had so much things to tell Hermione. Voldemort having a spy in the Order, something Harry and Dumbledore talked about at the end of her fourth year, Harry having something more important to do then teach the D.A again, and now Harry and Dumbledore talking about starting something early.


Ginny was so distracted by her thoughts, that she didn't notice the door to Dumbledore's office open. "Mr. Potter," said a stern voice as someone walked into the room.


"Hello, Professor McGonagall," said Harry politely.


Ginny looked over to the right to see her Transfiguration teacher standing beside her. "Mr Potter," said McGonagall sitting in the seat beside Ginny. "Here are your O.W.L results. I think you have been wondering where they were."


"You had them this whole time?" asked Harry as he took the envelope from her with trembling hands.


"Well, I did say that I was going to help you achieve becoming an Auror, did I not?"


"Of course you did, Professor," he replied while placing the envelope in his pocket. "I just thought it would have arrived by owl."


"Do you know which classes you would like to continue?" asked Professor McGonagall after a minute of silence.


"I think so," he replied as she nodded her head at his answer.


"Good. I will be expecting you to hand in a paper which verifies the classes you wish to continue, so I may buy your books and supplies in Diagon Alley."


"Yes, Professor," he said politely.


"Miss Weasley, I have your list ready. I can get your's and Potter's supplies together. I will just need to get your parent's vault ke-"


"That will not be necessary, Professor," Harry interrupted her. "I have more than enough money in my vault for the both of us."


Before Ginny could protest, her Professor had spoken. "Very well, Potter," said McGonagall as she took the golden key from Harry's finger tips and quietly left the room.


Harry looked up to see that Dumbledore and Lupin were smiling. "You always amaze me, Harry," said Dumbledore as he stood from his chair. "You may go now. We will continue our talk tomorrow."


"Yes, sir," replied Harry, as he stood from his chair and walked down the spiral staircase with Ginny and Lupin following behind.



***




Later that afternoon, Harry was laying on his bed in the boy's dorm. Harry had been in there for three hours so far. The first thing he saw when he entered the dormitory was a big pile of books laying neatly on one of the beds, which happened to be his. He quickly walked over and sat on the bed beside the books. These books are three times bigger than Muggle dictionaries. Dobby really does out do himself sometimes, thought Harry, as he read the first page of a moldy covered book. He read down the list of complicated looking spells, and before long, he was reading it as if it were a comic book.


As Harry read the moldy covered book, occasionally glancing at his unopened O.W.L results, there was a knock at the door. Harry had only had time to hide the books under his pillow when the door opened, and Ginny walked in with a cheerful smile. "Harry, do you want to come with me?" she asked while glancing around the empty room.


Harry sat on the edge of his bed. "Where are you going?"


"Lupin and Tonks are going to walk down by the lake and they asked me to come. I don't want to be stuck with them by myself. Would you come and keep me company?"


Harry looked down at his pillow where the books lay hidden. I really should be preparing myself, thought Harry. He looked back at Ginny. What could it hurt. Besides, it's only for a little while.


"I could use some fresh air," said Harry. Ginny's smile widened.


"Thanks so much Harry. I'll go tell Lupin and Tonks you're coming," Ginny quickly skipped out of the room and down the stairs.


Harry walked over to his trunk that had been brought up when he arrived, and pulled out a warm jacket. He slipped his wand into the pocket, and walked quickly down the stairs where he met up with Lupin, Tonks, and Ginny.


"Ready, Harry?" asked Lupin.


"I think so," he replied while checking if he had forgotten something.



***




"What's your favorite subject?" Harry asked Ginny as they walked. The sky above them had become a kaleidoscope of oranges, yellows, and reds as the sun began to set.


"Defense Against the Dark Arts," she replied while looking over her shoulder at Lupin and Tonks, who where walking a fair distance behind, and talking softly. "My turn," said Ginny as she and Harry walked side by side along the lake. The setting sun cast their reflections on the sparkling water, as the breeze sent little ripples across it’s surface. "What's your favorite color?"


"Red," he answered, noticing that the last rays of sunlight on Ginny’s hair made it look like tendrils of fire. "What's yours?"


"Green," she replied. Her cheeks reddened slightly, and Harry couldn’t tell whether or it was from the wind or embarrassment. "Why is your favorite color red?"


"Gryffindor of course," said Harry with a soft laugh. "Why is your favorite color green?"


They walked in silence for a few seconds before she answered. "I can't tell you," she said as they neared Hagrid's hut.


"What?" Harry shook his head disbelievingly. "I told you why I like red."


"I know, " said Ginny giggling. "But mine is more embarrassing."


A hint of a smile formed on Harry's lips. "Traitor."


"How am I a traitor?" Ginny giggled harder.


"You like green, and green is Slytherin's color," said Harry.


Ginny pushed Harry softly. "I don't like green because it’s Slytherin’s color. I like it because it's the color of something I love to look at the most."


"Traitor!" yelled Harry. He accidentally bumped Ginny into the lake, sending her into the lake with a tremendous splash.


"You're mine now, Potter!" yelled Ginny as she came up dripping out of the water. Her long, flame-colored hair now lay plastered to her face. She wrung her hair out the best she could and took off after Harry, who was running in the direction of Hagrid's pumpkin patch.

Harry jumped over several enormous, orange pumpkins, while Ginny ran around the edges of the pumpkin patch, cutting off Harry’s escape. They chased each other back and forth, while Hagrid, Lupin, and Tonks watched from the window of Hagrid's hut. "Those two remind me so much of James and Lily," said Lupin with a sad, nostalgic smile.


"Got James and Lily's looks too," Hagrid laughed as he wiped away a tear.


"As much as James tried to get away, Lily always managed to corner him somewhere," Lupin said, letting out a soft chuckle at the memory.



***




"Okay, okay you got me," panted Harry as Ginny walked closer to him. She had finally managed to corner him in the middle of three of Hagrids huge pumpkins. "I give up."


"If you think I’m just going to let you get away with calling me traitor and pushing me into the lake, you got another thing coming, Potter," said Ginny playfully. She too was breathing heavy.


Harry let out a laugh, and soon fell on the ground rolling with laughter. "So you think it's funny, do you?" asked Ginny as she closed in on him.


Harry heard a sound which came from somewhere past the pumpkin patch. He immediately stopped laughing and looked over to his right. What was that noise, he thought. He looked down into the Forbidden forest.


"Stop acting, Harry," laughed Ginny. "I'm not letting you get away with what you did to me."


Harry, however had his wand out. He had heard the sound again. It sounds like talking, he thought to himself. Death Eaters can't be in the Forbidden forest, can they?


"Stop acting, Harry," said Ginny. This time it sounded as though she was pleading with him out of fear. Harry quickly grabbed Ginny's arm and pulled her behind one of Hagrid's massive pumpkins. He looked into the window of Hagrid's hut, to see Hagrid, Lupin, and Tonks sitting at the table talking, with their backs to them.


Harry looked down at Ginny. "I heard voices in the forest," Ginny wordlessly pulled out her wand. "Ginny, stay here while I go look ahea-"


"No," she whispered, cutting him off. "I'm coming with you."


"Please, Ginny, just give me five minutes," Ginny stubbornly shook her head. "I guess you leave me no choice. I guess I'll have to Stun you-"


"Try," she said challenging. "The most time I'll give you is two minutes."


"Four," he bargained.


"No."


"Three."


"No."


"Two minutes and thirty seconds."


"Two minutes," said Ginny while peaking over the pumpkin.


"Fine," said Harry in a defeated voice as he turned around and tried to leave, but Ginny grabbed him by the arm and turned him around. "What?"


Ginny wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, and rested her chin on his chest. "Please be careful, Harry."


It felt as though surges of lightning were lighting was passing through his entire body, as Ginny hugged him tightly. "I-I will," he stuttered, still shocked at the effect that her touch had on him.


She quickly released him and hid behind the pumpkin again. Harry slowly walked into the Forbidden Forest, abandoning the thought of the embrace he and Ginny had just shared, as he got closer to the voices. He stepped into a small clearing, where he heard the voices, to find no one there. Something's not right, he thought. Where did the voice's come from?


"Human!" growled a voice behind him. "What business do you have in my forest?"


Harry slowly turned around to see the black-haired centaur he recognized as Bane, along with about fifty other centaurs, who had their bows and arrows pointed directly at him. "I asked you a question, human!" yelled Bane as he lifted one of his big arms to strike the human in front of him.


"Enough!" yelled another voice, causing Bane to stop immediately. "Step aside, Bane."


As Bane moved aside, a chestnut colored centaur emerged from the sea of bows and arrows. Magorian looked at Harry for a few seconds, before Bane spoke up. "Magorian, he refuses to answer the question I have asked him, therefore he must pay the consequence."


"So, you dare come into my forest after what you caused last year? Tell me human, what is your purpose of coming into my for-"


"Let me go!" screamed a voice that was all too familiar to Harry.


"Magorian," said a red-haired centaur. "I found this one too."


"Bring her to me Ronan," replied Magorian.


Ronan dropped a furious looking Ginny on to the ground in front of Magorian. "I demand you let me and Harry go at once," she said furiously.


"Hold your tongue, girl!" growled Bane.


"I don't have to hold my tongue if I don't want to," spat Ginny.

There was a moment of silence in which the centaurs looked down at Ginny, while gripping there bows tightly. "We've been reading the stars for many months," said Magorian getting everyone's attention. "The final battle will come sooner than expected."


"T-the final b-battle," said Harry slowly.


"That's right, you pathetic human, but the outcome of the battle is clouded to us," yelled Bane with a roar of laughter.


Harry looked around to see several centaurs start laughing. "I am not afraid!" he yelled back.


"You're not afraid!" yelled Bane. He quickly shot an arrow toward Harry. The arrow sped through the air toward the unflinching Harry, narrowly missed his head. Harry could feel the arrow’s fletching brush against his ear as it sped past.


"I am not afraid," he repeated.



"There may still be hope for our world," said Magorian with slightest hint of a smile. "Centaurs, let's go."


Harry quickly walked over to Ginny and helped her up, leaving his hand on her arm longer than was necessary. "Are you okay?" he asked as she brushed the dirt off of her clothes.


Ginny smiled. "I think so-"


"This will teach you to hold your tongue, girl!" yelled Bane, as he charged at Ginny as fast as he could.


"Ginny, watch out!" yelled Harry. He instinctively pushed her out of the way and got trampled by the rough centaur.


Ginny watched in horror, as Harry's body lay still on the ground, and Bane galloped out of sight. "Harry!" shrieked Ginny as she feel to her knees beside him. "Please don't be dead." She quickly rolled him over to find him laughing, while tears dropped down his cheeks. "Are you okay?" she asked.


"I think so," he laughed. Ginny quickly punched him in the arm. To his surprise, it actually hurt. "What was that for?"


"You almost gave me a heart attack."


"Sorry," he muttered while still laughing. "Come on, let's get back to Hagrid's."



***




Harry and Ginny emerged from the forest. "Look," said Harry pointing into Hagrid's window. "Lupin and Tonks are still there."


They started walking toward the cabin, when a voice called out behind them. "Human, I would like a word with you."


"Wait here," said Harry, as he walked toward the chestnut colored centaur.


"Human, I sense a lot of power from you," said Magorian while looking up into the stars. "You are the one who can bring our world to peace."


"I don't have that much power," said Harry. Magorian shook his head.


"It's a power that must be unlocked; a power that must be earned. The other centaurs and I will help you develop this power."


"What?" Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I thought centaurs didn't pick sides."


"We have no choice. It is either good or bad. There's nothing in between," said Magorain, as he slowly walked back into the forest. "You will meet us in the clearing every three days starting three days from now. You will present yourself around this time. If you refuse, let me just make it clear that you would not want me as an enemy."


"I understand."


"Good. Till then, human." In one gracefully move, Magorian was back in the forest and out of sight.


Harry slowly walked back over to Ginny, who was sitting patiently on one of the enormous pumpkins. "What did the horse want?" she giggled.


"Can't tell you," said Harry with a slight smile.


"Please," asked Ginny sweetly as she batted her eyelashes.


"Nope," said Harry playfully, as he turned his head away from her.


"Please," pleaded Ginny quietly.


Should I tell her? thought Harry as he turned to look at her again. Her eyes were pleading him to tell her. If I told her, then I would have to explain the prophecy to her too.


"Gin," said Harry in a more serious tone of voice. "I cannot tell you. But I promise when I'm ready, you'll be the first person I tell."


"Promise?" she asked hopefully.


"I promise," he replied.


"Thanks, Harry," said Ginny as she hugged him tightly.


Hagrid's cabin door slowly opened, and Lupin and Tonks walked out. "It's getting late," said Lupin while looking at the now blackening sky. "We should get back to the castle."


Harry and Ginny silently followed the two adults along the still and quiet lake. "Traitor," Harry whispered into Ginny's ear.


A small smile appeared on her face. "And why am I a traitor?" she asked sweetly.


"You sabotaged the Quidditch team last year. That's why Slytherin beat us," laughed Harry.


"Oh really," said Ginny through her giggles. "That's why I won the cup for Gryffindor?"


"Good point," replied Harry as Ginny giggled again.


They silently walked along the lake toward the castle. A cold breeze passed over them causing the still damp Ginny to shiver. "Here, Gin," said Harry, quickly slipping off his jacket, and covering her gently.


"Thanks, Harry," she whispered while holding tightly onto the jacket, inhaling Harry’s scent on it.



***




Harry sat quietly on his bed reading the same moldy covered book he was reading earlier. Ginny sat down in the common room listening to Tonks read a Muggle book that she had brought to share with her and Hermione. Tonks was reading the fairy tale while Ginny tried to picture it in her head. Lupin however had his eyes closed while Ginny asked several questions about Cinderella.

I forgot to thank Dobby for getting me these books, thought Harry. He quickly marked his page and set his book on his nightstand. "Dobby," he called into the empty room. There was a loud crack, and the house-elf appeared in front of Harry.


" Sir is needing Dobby?" asked the house-elf, while picking up the knitted hat that fell off his head.


"Yes," replied Harry while examining the other books. "I wanted to thank you for getting me these books."


"Anything for the great Harry Potter," said Dobby politely.


"Dobby, I was also wondering if you could do me another favor?" asked Harry politely. "I wanted to ask you this at Grimmauld Place, but I couldn't, so I’m asking you here. Dobby, I need you to teach me how to Apparate."


"Dobby would be honored to teach the great Harry Potter, to Apparate."


"You will?" A grin spread across Harry's face. "When?"


"Dobby will teach, sir, whenever he is wanting," replied the small elf.


Harry and Dobby sat in silence, before Harry's smile slowly disappeared. "Is something wrong, sir? Is, sir, not wanting Dobby's teaching anymore?" Dobby gave a loud gulp.


"No Dobby, it's nothing like that," said Harry. Dobby sighed in relief. "But where are you going to teach me? I can't learn how to Apparate at Hogwarts, because of the wards protecting the castle"


"Not to worry, sir. Dobby does it all the time. Dobby will be honored to teach, sir, how to Apparate. He just has to tell Dobby when he wants to learn."


"Can we start tomorrow?"


"Dobby will go in search of a place to teach." In a second, Dobby was gone.


We've been reading the stars for many months, a voice came into his head. He quietly walked over to the window and looked into inky black sky which was dotted with many twinkling stars. The final battle will come sooner than expected

"I'm not afraid," he whispered. "I will win."



***




He was walking through a thick fog, while the air around felt cold and suffocating. He could hear laughter, and above that, he could hear screaming. He ran to the source of the screaming to find a women shaking violently, a high-pitched cry tearing out of her throat. A hooded figure with red eyes, stood above her with his wand held tightly in his hand.


"Harry," he said with his usual hissing voice. "How good of you to join us."


The women laying on the cold floor shaking violently, let out a piercing scream, as Voldemort cast the Cruciatus curse on her once more. "Harry, I want to offer you the position to be my apprentice. Together, you and I could rule the world-"


"I'll never join you!" yelled Harry.


Voldemort laughed coldly. "There are things that Dumbledore can't teach you. I can teach you everything."


"I will never join you!" Harry repeated. "I would rather learn from Dumbledore, than you."


"You cannot win this war, Harry, " Voldemort hissed.


"And why can't I?" asked Harry. Voldemort laughed coldly before snapping his fingers. "N-no!"


"You can't win. Join me and you can become immortal, just as I am." "


""Never!" yelled Harry, still shocked at what stood in front of him. "I will NEVER be like you!"


Voldemort's face was one of pure evil. "I gave you a chance, Potter. Now you will beg for your death." Voldemort quickly broke into his mind and Harry couldn't stop him. He was going for the prophecy.

"I will never let you know what it says!" But within seconds, Voldemort had found it. He had won.


"You have made your choice, Potter. Just tell Dumbledore an old friend has returned to see him!"



***




"Ginny, can you go tell Harry to come down. It's almost time for dinner," said Tonks as she stood from the couch and straightened her clothes.


"Okay," replied Ginny, as she skipped up the stairs to the boys' dorm.


"Have you seen Alastor around?" asked Lupin. He too stood from the couch.


"He's in the-"


"HARRY!"


Lupin and Tonks, quickly ran up the stairs, wands held tightly in their hands. "What's wrong?" asked Lupin. He looked at Harry's bed to find it empty. Instead, he spotted him shaking violently on the floor next to the window overlooking the Hagrid's hut.


"What's wrong with him?" asked Ginny, as a tear slid down her cheek.


"I don't know," said Lupin. He quickly picked Harry up and swung him over his shoulder. "Tonks, go get Dumbledore. Ginny come with me."



***




Lupin softly laid Harry down on the couch in the common room when the door opened and four people walked in. "What happened to him?" asked Dumbledore. The fear was evident in his voice.


Nobody answered.


"I'll never join you!" moaned Harry. His eyes still closed.


Dumbledore's face paled at his words.



"I will never join you!" Harry moaned as he started shaking again. "I would rather learn from Dumbledore, than you."


Although Dumbledore's face was turning more pale, he couldn't help but be proud of Harry. Everyone in the room watched as Dumbledore quickly sank to his knee beside Harry and whispered into his ear.


"And why can't I?" Harry's forehead began to sweat. "N-no!"


"You can overcome him, Harry. Don't give in. You are safe, he cannot harm you here," Dumbledore whispered.


"No!" yelled Harry causing everybody but Dumbledore to jump back.


Dumbledore continued to whisper into his ear.


"Never!" yelled Harry. "I will never be like you!"


"That is right, Harry, fight him. Do not let him over come you," said Dumbledore out loud.


"I will never let you know what it says!" yelled Harry shaking worse than ever.


"Fight him, Harry! Do not let him break into your mind! Push him out!" Dumbledore was now yelling, but it was too late. Harry had already began speaking the contents of the prophecy.


"THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES. . . . BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICE DEFIED HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES. . . AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM AS HIS EQUAL, BUT HE WILL HAVE A POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT. . . AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES. . . . THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES . . ."


Everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore and then Harry. Dumbledore had sat down in the chair beside Harry with his head in hands. Harry's eyes flickered open a moment later. It was different then what Ginny saw a couple hours ago. When he stood up to the centaurs, he wasn't afraid. Now he looked as afraid as she had ever seen him. "I n-n-need R-Ron a-and H-Hermione," he said weakly.


"Minerva, please contact Molly and have them brought over. Please explain to her what has happened," said Dumbledore, his head still in his hands.


McGonagall quickly left the room, leaving Lupin, Ginny, Tonks, and Moody behind to decipher the contents of the prophecy themselves. Harry was visibly shaking. "I-I'm s-sorry P-Professor, I f-failed you," he said slowly. "I-I tried to hold him off-"


"And I am very proud of you," said Dumbledore lifting his head to look at Harry. Harry however looked broken. "And I am the one who should be sorry. I failed you."


"W-we cannot win against him," Harry said weakly.


Before Dumbledore could answer, the door opened again, and Ron and Hermione ran inside followed by Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie.


"Oh, Harry," said Mrs. Weasley quickly rushing forward and giving him a tight hug.


"W-where are Ron a-and H-Hermione?" he hadn't seen them enter.


"We're right here," said Hermione as she held his hand tightly. She and Ron stood beside the couch.


"Why don't we give them some time alone," said Mrs Weasley as tears rolled down her cheeks. She quickly pushed everybody out the portrait hole so Harry could talk to Ron and Hermione without being disturbed.


While everyone waited outside, Harry told Ron and Hermione about everything that had happened while he was unconscious. But he didn't tell them about the prophecy. "I-I'm scared," said Harry. Ron and Hermione had never seen Harry this scared before. "Voldemort won. He's going to kill me-"


"Don't say that," said Hermione. She sat on the couch and pulled him into a tight hug.


"Yeah, mate. You-Know-Who can't kill you as long as Dumbledore's around," Ron patted him softly on the back.


"D-Dumbledore. I need to speak with Dumbledore," he said urgently. Hermione quickly exited the room, and came back a moment later with Dumbledore. "Could I have a minute alone with Dumbledore?"
Hermione and Ron quickly nodded their heads and walked out the portrait hole. Before the old man had a chance to say anything, Harry spoke. "I can't win this war."


"I have faith that you will defeat Voldemort, Harry," said Dumbledore calmly.


"No, sir, I can't. Even if I had a chance before, I have none now."


"What do you mean you have none now, Harry?" asked Dumbledore.


"H-he's back."


"Who's back, Harry?" asked Dumbledore with a slight hint of fear rising in his voice again.
________________________________________________________
A/N: Just to let everyone know, the plot (i hope) is original. Now, Has anyone figured out why Ginny's favorite color is green or who is back yet?