Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Harry Potter Code by dink

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I came across this unexpected fragment when I tried the experiment of shuffling up the words on pages 743 and 735 of my copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Does Harry have a secret ... ?

OotP p743 and p735

" ... So Voldemort never knew that there might be danger in attacking you, that it might be wise to wait, to learn more. He did not know that you would have power the Dark Lord knows not -- "

"But I don't!" said Harry, in a strangled voice. He batted Fawkes away angrily. "Can't you stop your phoenix from trying to throttle me? I haven't any powers Voldemort hasn't got, I couldn't fight the way he did tonight, I can't possess people or -- or kill them --"

"There is a room in the Department of Mysteries," interrupted Dumbledore, waving his hands in the air, "that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than alien intelligence, than the force of gravity. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all. That power helped you get the Marauder's Map back, amongst other things. That power will ultimately destroy Voldemort, because he made a fatal error in Chapter Thirty-Two of the last book. You know what it was that saved you."

A look of bewilderment flashed across Harry's face, followed by a look of anxiety, and then a look of terror, a look of complacency, a look of love, a lock of hair, a look of anguish, a look of joy, a look of weirdness, and finally a look of comprehension.

"You mean ... ?" he said.

Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.

"It is time," he said, "for you to tell me what you should have told me twelve months ago, Harry. Please sit down. You are going to tell me everything -- about the Marauder's Map, about the Firebolt, about the quill, about the paperclips. All of it."

Dumbledore glared at him for a moment, then flung himself back into the chair opposite Harry and waited.