Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione Granger quickly sprinted up the steep gravely hill. Voldemort quickly followed her as he had just thrust his wand out and aimed it at Hermione, yelling a curse. The spell skimmed Hermione’s outer clothing but left her unhurt.

Hermione ran inside what looked like a large house that was dark and rotting, creating the effect of a darkened graveyard. The gray wood boarding was nailed chaotically in criss-cross patterns, while random signs were plunged deeply into the ground with engravings of unselective words that were being eroded away by the pounding rain.

Voldemort entered the building, his menacing laugh echoing throughout the room as seventeen-year-old Hermione Granger hid in the shadows.

“I know you’re here, Granger,” Voldemort hissed.

Hermione took a step back deeper into the shadows, her legs were aching from the previous run. She placed her hand on her heart thinking that her pounding heartbeat would give her away.

Voldemort placed his wand back in his cloak and pulled out three daggers. He looked around the room with his piercing red eyes and he noticed a slight movement over on the far side of the room. He threw one dagger at the wall and it chopped off about an inch of Hermione’s hair. Her eyes widened as she saw Voldemort with two more daggers; he was staring right at her.

Voldemort threw the dagger only to have it slice through the wall and make Hermione scream and run farther into the shadows.

Hermione was standing in a closed room and silently, yet slowly, she sank to the floor, crumpling her knees and breathing quickly. All was quiet and Hermione began to stand up again. The door burst open and Voldemort came in carrying a dagger.

Suddenly, the floor crumbled beneath Hermione’s feet and she fell into a hole, screaming. After falling about twelve feet, Hermione was able to grab onto a piece of rock and held on to stop her fall. Wanting to see how deep the dark hole was, she knocked a small rock loose and listened intently to hear it hit the bottom. Hanging on for dear life and what seemed like forever, Hermione came to realize that the hole appeared to be an infinite abyss.

Hermione found her footing on a large rock another foot beneath her.

Voldemort threw the dagger down the hole, causing Hermione to scream as the dagger sliced into her arm. She placed her hand over the cut and pressed firmly to try and stop the bleeding. The hole’s interior started spinning as Hermione became dizzier and dizzier at the sight of all the blood. Soon enough, her eyes closed slowly and she fell into the infinite abyss, and the last thing she heard was Harry Potter send a brutal curse, that only Harry, himself could concoct, on Voldemort.



“Wh-What happened?” Hermione asked hazily, trying to open her eyes.

“I’m not quite sure,” Harry said, confused.

Hermione tried to push herself up but flinched. She looked at her arm and noticed a tight bandage covering her wound while blood was seeping through.

“What happened to me?” she asked.

“Well, all I know is that Voldemort chased you into what looked like an old, beaten down house. I’m not sure what it's called.” He responded. “Why was Voldemort chasing you, anyway?” Harry asked, impatiently.

“I think it best that you don’t know that at this time. There are some things in it that you wouldn’t understand.” Tears started to fall down Hermione’s bony face. “Harry, I’m just so confused right now, I don’t know what to do...” Harry pulled Hermione closer into him and patted her on the back saying, “Everything will be okay.”


Ron later entered the room breathing heavily. He had obviously just run a long distance. “Hermione, are you alright, no broken bones?” Ron asked hastily.

“Yeah, Ron, I’m fine,” Hermione said, “I’m just in a little pain, nothing serious.”

Ron managed a smile. “You gave us a quite good scare there.” The smile soon faded away as he noticed Hermione’s arm. She had lost a lot of blood.

“Harry, can you go get me some water please?” Hermione asked politely.

“Harry, it’s fine, stay here, I’ll get it!” Ron said, smiling at Hermione.

Hermione looked down in her lap and blushed.

“He likes you, you know... he told me ages ago...” Harry whispered so Hermione was the only one who could hear.

“I like him too,” Hermione said, blushing.

“Have you told him?” Harry asked, curiously.

“No.”

“Why not?” Harry obviously had been interested.

“Well, I’ve always wondered what would happen if Ron and I got together,” Hermione said, while staring into space. “You know what I mean, Harry?”

Harry laughed and said, “Would you like to find out?”

Hermione’s eyes widened and she smiled. “But, Harry, what about my arm? This wound obviously won’t be able to be cured with magic.”

Just then Ron ran into the room with a glass of ice cold water. He handed the glass to Hermione and in return received a “Thank you.” Hermione gulped down the water and wiped her mouth with her hand.

“So, Hermione, how are you feeling?” Ron asked desperately.

“A little better, but still in pain.”

Ron smiled. “The Order is coming here to ask you some questions about the incident. Dumbledore’s furious! You’re the last person he suspected to have been attacked.” Ron smiled once more taking a glance of Hermione before he left.

“Well, I should get going, the Weasleys hate it when I’m late,” Harry said with much ebullience.
Harry began to walk out of the room when Hermione stopped him, “Wait, Harry. I do remember one thing. I remember that when I fell into that infinite abyss, I remember seeing his face. His face behind the cloak. It was awful. It looked like something that came from a carcass or something from a grave. But when I looked into his eyes, I saw my worst fear.”

“What did you see?” Harry asked.

“I saw my dead body, Ron’s dead body... It seemed to be everyone’s dead body... everyone was piled up dead except for Voldemort. It was as if, he was the last person on earth, and the worst part was... was that lying on the ground next to Voldemort, was your dead body...”