Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Okay... So the reason for this chapter was because their was some confusion going around about why I brought Rachael into the story...There is a reason and it will become VERY important later...That's all I can say. Also, the whole meaning of this chapter is to show what happened and how it all began..It's him remembering everything that had happened in the days before.
The next evening, Harry lay in bed, going over recent results that had played a big part in the events he was sure would come.

***

~Rememberence Moment Start~

Harry had just escaped from the treacherous house on Privet Drive. A woman had stopped in front of him and held out her hand, “Come,” she said, her hand shaking slightly in the cool night air.

“Who are you?” Harry asked, dragging his trunk as he grabbed her hand.

“Rachael, Rachael Lupin. I’ve been ordered by Dumbledore to escort you to the Weasley’s estate.” Rachael finished opening the boot of her Muggle car and motioning for Harry to place his things inside

“Why couldn’t any of the other Order members escort me?” Harry asked curiously.

“Dumbledore thought that I should bring you over to the Weasley’s home because he wants us to get closer.”

Harry froze, wondering what that had meant. “W-what do you mean by that?” Harry stuttered.

“Oh,” ” Rachael laughed at this ” “silly boy. He means to get closer as in friendship wise. He wants us to become acquaintances with each other. He says that for future references, which I can’t tell you right now. Let’s just say that I have powers that no one else has. Powers far stronger than Remus, Kingsly, and all the others. I’m somewhat special.” Rachael wiggled her fingers, motioning to Harry that she had been able to accomplish the tricky technique of wandless magic. Rachael shrugged as she saw Harry struggling with his trunk. “Here, let me help you.” Rachael took Harry’s trunk away from him and walked with it to the car.

“So you’re Remus’ sister? Wait ” hold on, you’re a muggle?” Harry asked staring at the muggle vehicle. Dust scattered in the back as the heavy object was placed inside. Harry coughed and waved the dust away while closing the boot for Rachael.

“Yes and no. I am Remus’ sister but I’m not a Muggle. This is just my friend’s car. He’s in the back seat, but be careful. He’s not that right in the head.”

“Well, I handle Ron, so he should be no problem,” Harry laughed to himself as he stepped inside the car. The man was wearing nothing but a large sack and his eyes seemed to be two different sizes. He had all but a few measly strands of hair on his scaley head.

He smiled goofily and waved at Harry. “Hello!”

“Umm...hi there?” Harry seemed a little uncomfortable sitting next to this man.

“What’s your name?” the man asked, still waving.

“Harry, Harry Potter,” Harry began to wonder what would happen when he heard his name; he wished he had lied about his name because the man’s reaction was the weirdest one yet.

“Harry Potter? Harry Potter?! HARRY POTTER?! My llama’s name was Harry Potter. I taught him to fly. One fateful day, however, he ran into the roof of my home. He died...” The man suddenly fell over on his side and snored a few times. He quickly hopped back up and stared at Harry. “Hello there! What’s your name?” The man smiled at Harry and Harry had the chance to lie.

“Umm...the name is Ronald Weasley.” Harry smiled happily as he knew his reaction would be different.

“Ronald Weasley? That’s my name!” The man seemed to become quite hyper at the moment and Rachael stopped the car.

“Umm...your name is Duncan,” she said with confusion.

“That’s what I said! Ronald Weasley!” he said waving his arms about.

“Duncan! Your name is Duncan!” Rachael became agitated. Stopping the car, she stepped out of her side door and opened the back one. “Duncan, this won’t hurt a bit,” she said taking out her wand. “Silencio!” Duncan’s mouth continued to move but he was unheard. She stepped back into the driver’s seat and drove on. “Ahh, much better,” she smiled to herself. “Harry if he starts to tap you, just ignore it. It only means that he is bored.”

“Did you just perform magic...on a muggle?” Harry asked extravagantly.

“He’s no muggle. He’s a wizard himself! This car is just his way of getting around in the muggle areas.”

Duncan began tapping Harry, agitated by the sudden silence. “So Harry, how have you been?” Rachael asked turning a sharp corner.

“I’ve been better,” Harry said protecting himself from Duncan’s annoying finger.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Rachael asked stopping the car at a corner.

“Just the Dursley’s. They’re awful. What are you doing?” Harry asked curiously as he saw her press a button. A small screen popped up showing a picture of the Burrow. She tapped the screen with her wand and the inside of the car filled up with light. The car began to spin rapidly. Harry’s life flashed before his eyes. The last memory that he had seen was Sirius falling through the veil. Sirius... Harry’s eyes watered up as he saw Sirius’ face swell up with shock.

“Harry! Hold on!” Rachael was experiencing nausea. The spinning of the car made her sick to her stomach. Harry shut his eyes and held on to the seat in front of him.

The car flew up into the air causing Harry to be forced down into his seat. Everything stopped only a moment later. Harry looked out of the window and he saw that he was at the Burrow ” the Weasley’s home.

“Harry, we’re here.” Rachael stepped out of the car and took the silencing charm off of Duncan.

“What about the muggles? Wouldn’t they have seen that...that light?” Harry took his trunk out of the back.

“I put an invisibility charm on the car before we left. If the Muggles saw it all they saw was an extremely bright street light.” Rachael smiled at Harry, closing the boot with her wand. “Harry, get inside. You wouldn’t want to catch a cold now would you?” Rachael stepped back into the car and sped off.

“I guess she couldn’t stay,” Harry muttered to himself. Harry ran to the door, knocking politely before entering. Mrs. Weasley answered the door .

“Oh, Harry, dear! How are you?” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed giving him a hug and welcoming him inside.

“Good, good. That lady sure was nice.” Harry exclaimed with a jolly tone, glad to be back.

“Keep it down Harry, the family’s all in bed,” Mrs. Weasley whispered with a smile. “Would you like anything to drink?” Mrs. Weasley asked while walking over to the refrigerator.

“Pumpkin juice, please. That is, if you have any,” Harry chirped, sitting himself down in a chair.

“Yes, of course we do!” Mrs. Weasley took out a brightly colored pitcher of Pumpkin Juice and Harry watched as it changed from orange to blue to red to yellow, repeating the process over and over. “So, how has everything been lately?” Mrs. Weasley inquired while handing over his pumpkin juice.

“Not that bad, actually,” Harry answered, accepting the beverage with ease.

Later, after Harry and Mrs. Weasley had chatted away, Molly had helped Harry settle into his bed upstairs by helping him bring his things up to his bedroom and help unpack. “You better get to bed. It’s almost eleven.” Harry looked up at the wizarding clock and saw that it was a little before eleven.

Harry crawled into bed and was lulled to sleep by the peaceful quiet of the night.

***

The next morning, Harry woke up to the pouring rain that was pounding against his window. With every drop that caressed the window pane, a faint shadow flew across the floor. Thousands of these shadows had raced across the floor, each ending in a neck in neck race. He looked over to his bedside table and was greeted with a note. He picked it up and opened it carefully. It read:

Harry, head downstairs for breakfast when you wake up! I whipped up a mighty good meal! Hope your hungry!

Mrs. Weasley

Harry sat in his bed for the next few minutes, avoiding the note that was left in Mrs. Weasley’s reminiscent handwriting. Harry grabbed the small parchment and toyed with it. He flipped it over and noticed words that Mrs. Weasley had most likely erased earlier. They read:

Dear Harry,

Come on downstairs for breakfast, Harry. Ron’s busy and he asked me to leave you a note.

Mrs. Weasley

He hopped out of his bed and froze as his bed creaked loudly. He hoped not to trigger anyone to come racing up and give him a welcome, causing a conversation.

Harry started to dress himself after a while of standing still, hoping he never woke anyone up. But in the end, it ended up being nothing. While pulling his shirt over his head, he heard the faint chirp of Hedwig bring him his daily mail. On the front was his name is slim black ink. He ripped open the parcel and took out the paper. It was burned as if fire had overthrown it. He quickly looked at the end of the note to see who it had been from. Harry was frightened as he saw the long name of Hermione Granger. He began to read the note:

Dear Harry,

I don’t have much time. Voldemort is close behind. Harry, he’s chasing me! I don’t know why but he’s after me. Please help me. I’m heading to Baley Estate. Bring your wand. Please. The house is old and abandoned. No muggles lived there, and probably never had. Harry, I think he’s coming. I have to go. Have Hedwig help guide you to where I’m located. Help!

Your friend,
Hermione

Harry rushed around the room, collecting his wand and some other assortments of magical weapons or defenses for that matter. He read through the letter once more and grabbed his broom in the right corner of the room.

***

“Ron, go check on Harry. See if he’s awake yet. He’s been asleep for a long while now,” Mrs. Weasley proclaimed solemnly.

Ron nodded and wiped his face free of all his breakfast food that had been left behind. His face was clean now but with the rain still pounding against the Burrow, tons of tiny grey stains were streaming down his face giving him a sullen appearance.

He walked up the stairs and saw Ginny about to head downstairs.

“Hey Gin! Head down quick, breakfast’s just about gone!” Ron smiled to himself as his sister raced down the stairs to try and gobble up a quick helping of the meal.

Ron finished walking the rest of the way up and knocked on his bedroom door. “Harry? Harry, you in there? Breakfast’s just about gone, mate.” Ron opened his bedroom door and was confused as he didn’t see Harry in there. He looked out the open window and saw a small fleck in the distance. With one swift move, the fleck had disappeared. Ron looked around the room a little bit more and noticed Harry’s broom was missing. Ron shut the windows quickly and cleaned up the water that had been scattered throughout the bedroom floor. “He’ll be back. He won’t survive long in this weather.”

***

Harry swooped down low and came to a halt. He set his broom on the ground and ran up the gravel hill listening for any sign of danger.

A faint voice was heard in the background. “I know you’re hear, Granger.” The menacing voice of Voldemort chilled Harry to the bone. Harry heard Hermione scream ” a horrible scream, a deathly scream. Harry ran into the house, taking out his wand. He yelled an extreme curse at Voldemort who then fell on the ground, twitching in Harry’s presence.

Harry quickly raised Hermione out of the hole she had precariously fell into and wiped the dirt away from her face. Harry quickly brought Hermione to St. Mungo’s and sat by her bed waiting for her to wake up. Hermione woke up a little while later which led them to their long conversation leading to the Cliff of Crasilium and the six stones.


~Rememberence Moment Over~

Harry switched back to reality, noticing that he had been day dreaming for the past hour. He smiled quickly and turned over on his side, sleeping until the next morning.

***NEXT MORNING***

Harry woke up from the shaking of his bed. “Bloody hell, Ron. I’m trying to get some sleep here!” Harry pulled the covers over his head angrily.

“Harry! HARRY! You have to wake up! The school’s under attack!”

“Voldemort?” Harry asked stupidly.

“No, but it’s one of Voldemort’s followers. They’re called Matnado-somethings. They kill you just by staring at you!!!” Ron shouted in a feared tone.

“So it’s somewhat like the basilisk in our second year?” Harry pondered making his first steps out of his bed, still not realizing the importance of the situation.

“Yeah. Yet, instead of being Petrified, you’re killed, even if you don’t look directly at ‘em Bellatrix is here with them. She seems to be the one who’s controlling them. A few people have been killed, Harry. You should come down, and quick.”