Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Death Eaters Disapparated from the room, leaving Remus dead, and Molly barely alive.

“R-Remus! R”Remu”” Molly’s voice slowly faded off as her eyes drifted shut.

Two bodies now cluttered the floor. A putrid smell emanated from the room.

Several cracks sounded throughout the room. Numerous workers from St. Mungo’s keeled down toward them and examined them.

“The werewolf is dead. She is just barely alive,” one of them stated while running their hand on the werewolf’s palm.

“Are you sure it’s dead? I don’t think that a werewolf would die, because what about the original person, they shouldn’t die too, should they?” Another one of the workers walked over and kneeled at his side.

“Let’s bring them both back to St. Mungo’s for further examination.”

The second worker nodded and motioned for the others to take hold of Molly while they took hold of the werewolf. They all Disapparated from Grimmauld Place and only moment’s later they were in St. Mungo’s.

The workers walked up to fellow workers and stated the case

“Two patients. One under the name of Molly Weasley and the other under the name of ” erm. Let’s just use Werewolf.”

“Wait, isn’t that Remus Lupin? He turns into a werewolf in the moonlight, but there is no full moon...neither is it night time.”

“We’ll have to do an intricate examination on him then, won’t we?” The worker cocked an eyebrow and stared into the eyes of the person that had been absorbing all of this information.

The workers put them on separate stretchers and pushed them through the double doors.

They brought them both into one room which was separated by a gossamer curtain that was laden with blotches of a black residue.

“Do some healing on the woman; I will take care of him,” one of the Healers said, while placing a hand to the werewolf’s forehead.

A bright light filled the room spontaneously, and it evaporated just as quickly. The werewolf had turned back into its original form.


The Healer quickly grabbed Remus’ hand, checking for a pulse.

“He has a pulse!” the Healer exclaimed. “But just barely.”

“Let him rest. We should wait until he wakes up,” the other Healer yelled through the curtain.

The Healer on Molly’s side ran his hand up and down the cuts and bruises that seemed to embellish her body.

Subtle rays of light emitted through them; the cuts and bruises faded away slowly. He removed his hand from the surface of the skin and it appeared as she had never even been scathed by the fiercest of curses. He took out his wand and tipped it in her mouth. A thin line of blue liquid emerged, which slithered down her throat. Her body glowed blue and she woke up abruptly.

“REMUS!” The immediate reaction of Molly yelling startled the Healer. He rushed up to her side and calmed her down.

“Remus is alright, he’s right next door, don’t worry.” He lightly pushed her shoulders back onto the bed. “Go to sleep, you need rest.”

A faint smile spread across the Healer’s face after finally realizing that he did a job well done.

“Remus, Remus, Remus, Remus ”” Each time Molly had chanted “Remus” she slowly got quieter as her eyes drifted shut.

Next door, on Remus’ side of the room, the Healer was reading some papers that covered Remus’ medical record.

A sudden increase in heart rate triggered the doctor to run up to Remus’ bedside with a sudden spark of panic. He pressed a few buttons on the machine rapidly and waved his wand toward Remus’ heart. His heart rate settled back to normal and the Healer breathed a sigh of relief and calmly sat in his chair. He took out a quill and put a check next to a sentence that read,

Heart rate increase.

He put the quill back into a small column filled to the brim with ink. He sat down in his chair and kept a watchful eye on the weakened Remus Lupin.

***

A middle aged woman shifted around her entryway with seemingly alarming anticipation and worry. She clicked her feet against the wall and began to bite her nails. Nearby, outside, a grotesque man dressed in black silken robes began treading toward the old abandoned shack. With a swift kick to the door, it was blown open. He lunged forward, and grappled his hand around the woman’s plump neck who was standing mere feet from the doorway.

“Give me what you owe me,” he hissed out, clawing his nails deeper into her flesh.

“Never,” she growled out in disgruntled undertones.

The cloaked man threw the woman against the wall where she collided against the interior and fell to the ground. The man began searching through the cabinets and drawers, throwing things every which way.

“IT’S NOT HERE!” The man ran up to the woman and pulled out a dagger. “TELL ME WHERE IT IS!”

“Fine, kill me. I’m the only one who knows. If you kill me, you’ll never find it.”

A roar of anger burst forth through the man as the dagger was thrust downwards. The moment before the dagger made contact with her throat, the world seemed to morph into a completely different scene. A horrid scene. A scene out of a nightmare.

The woman was now standing in a forest. A vicious growl sounded behind her. She turned around with a quick spin of her foot. Two yellow eyes became larger and larger as they came closer and closer to its prey. A sudden pounce forward made the woman launch into a breathtaking run. The creature tried to hurl itself at the woman again but the woman dodged the animal as it clawed through the air. A loud thud echoed through the forest as the creature hit the ground. The creature lifted up its head and a loud roar soared through the trees. Death taunted the woman cruelly as the werewolf began to awkwardly sprint forward. Several short grunts sounded in the ethereal scene as the world seemed to be shrinking smaller and smaller around the woman as she buried herself deeper and deeper into the forest. She tripped on a stray tree branch that seemed to latch onto her ankle, pulling her to her death. The werewolf neared her and with a swift pounce, landed on her. It slashed its claws toward her face. The razor sharp claws frightened the woman. Her eyes became large as the claws made contact with the side of her face.


Mrs. Weasley bolted upright in bed. Sweat racked her face, as she had just encountered a dream that would not soon be forgotten.

“Remus? R”Remus, are you there? I just had the weirdest dream! Quite frightening actually, but””

Several Healers rushed up to her side. “Calm down, you need to rest.”

A faint voice was heard in the distance, “We need a pretty powerful charm here. He’s going into shock.”

A tear seemed to stain Molly’s face. She fought and struggled to get up out of her stretcher, but to no avail.

“R”REMUS?! REMUS!” she yelled out in a choke-sob tone.

She flailed her arms around, trying to get loose from the Healers’ grips. One of the Healers sustaining

Another voice.

“Something’s wrong. He’s not responding to our spells.”

“NO!” Molly called out, crying in agony. “REMUS!!”

The Healer placed a wand to Remus’ heart. A jolt of energy was sent through his body which seemed to pulse his body upward with each treatment.

“Again,” the Healer hissed.

The wand was placed on his heart once more and a second jolt of energy was sent.

“James! Come on! Give me the ball!” Sirius whined.

“You’ll have to catch me to get it!” James scurried through the field, dodging spells that were thrown his way by the annoyed Sirius.

“Come on guys! Let’s just settle this! Let’s all play with the ball!” Remus finished. “Let’s make up a new game, or something!”

“How ‘bout ‘GIVE ME THE BALL’!” Sirius apparently screamed out.

Remus grabbed the ball from James’ hands and threw it on the ground. “I’m gonna destroy this if you two don’t settle down!”

“BUT HE WON’T””

Remus cut him off with a quick movement of the wrist.

“”GIVE””

Another quick wrist movement.

“”ME””

“SHUT IT!” Remus yelled.

“”THE BALL!” Sirius sprung forward and tackled James to the ground.

Remus fell backwards onto the grass and settled his back against a large tree. The tree seemed to come alive only moments later. A large branch slashed its way to the ground, denting the earth. A second branch, three times larger than the first, shortly followed. It nearly missed Remus, who began frantically running every which way.

Sirius and James watched amused. It was almost like watching a rat running away from its predator...the snake.

“Don’t let it ‘whomp’ you!” Sirius joked.

“IT’S THE WHOMPING WILLOW! WHAT DO YOU BLOODY EXPECT?!” Remus shouted out, scurrying away from this lethal tree.

Remus finally made his way out of the vicious plant and casually walked over to his friends like nothing had just happened.

“You almost got killed by a tree and you just act all cool?!” James shouted, throwing his hands in the air. “You really
are the coolest person I know!” James smiled and threw his arm over Remus’ shoulder in a friendly manner.

“Hey!” Sirius shouted, sending a ‘what about me’ look toward James.

Remus grabbed the now deformed ball which had been brutally smashed and battered by the Whomping Willow and threw it up in the air, nonchalantly catching it in his hand. “No big deal! This isn’t my first near death experience.” Remus laughed and took out his wand. He pointed it at the ball which blew back up and formed itself back into its original shape.

Remus’ wand and the ball flew out of his hands. It seemed as if an invisible force was pulling him backwards into a nonexistent void. James and Sirius quickly turned to Remus who was being pulled backwards savagely.

“What’s bloody happening?!” James’ questioned loudly holding on to Remus’ ankles. Sirius’ reply had been a quick instinct of holding onto Remus’ ankles as well.

“Help me”” Remus gasped out. A crack in the ground opened up, revealing an apparently endless pit. Remus’ body was limply dragged into it. One last cry for help was the last thing that James’ and Sirius heard from him.

Remus hit ground almost seconds after falling. The ground shrouded over him, concealing him in this barren wasteland.

“Hello?” Remus called out, rubbing the back of his head.

A loud thump was heard next to him. He quickly turned to the left, looking into darkness.

“Who’s there? Where am I?”

“Death has come of you, my child,” a low, booming voice resounded through this empty void.

Remus made a quick turn and looked at two large red eyes which stared back at him with envy.


A Healer called out to one of the others that had been holding Molly down, “Come here, NOW! Something’s happening. We don’t know what.”

Remus’ body was shaking violently. His heart rate shot upwards.

“We’re losing him,” one of the Healers said in response to the quick rise of his heart.

The Healer started the treatment again. He pinpointed the location of his heart and sent a jolt of energy through Remus’ body.

Don’t look back,

A second jolt of energy.

Don’t blame yourself,

A third jolt of energy.

Come visit me,

A final fourth jolt of energy.

Now.

Remus’ heart rate suddenly slowed down with no stop in sight. One final, never-ending, beep sealed the deal.

“Oh, bloody hell,” Molly whispered to herself, tears beginning to form. “REMUS! NO, NO PLEASE NOT YET! REMUS!!”

The last Marauder was dead, his peaceful body now laden with the tears of many.

“No, not yet,” Molly whispered, falling back onto her pillow.

The Healer covered Remus’ body with a white sheet and scrawled several words on a piece of parchment.

“Time of death, 8:13 pm.”