Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry this chapter took a while! I hope it's worth it!
“LET US GO!” Ron yelled, struggling to break free. He got a better grip of his wand, which was, coincidentally, in his hand, and aimed toward the ‘possessed’ Hermione. He chanted a quick curse and flicked his wand in an upwards motion. Sadly, a good grip is key when doing wand work. His grip was terribly low and his wand was thrown to the ground in an abrasive toss.

“Pity,” Berfulema cooed quietly while slightly smirking. He took a few steps toward Ron’s wand and picked it up with ease. With a swift movement of his wrists, the wand was broken in two.

“NO! Not again!” Ron whimpered quietly. He wrestled against the goo which, miraculously, held them up quite well. Almost like cement, it had been hard in an instant. Maybe some sort of wizarding cement? The wall cracked behind it, testing its own strength. A large crack erupted behind Ron’s head, sending him in a violent jerk forward.

“This school’s as old as a rag these days. As sturdy as an old rag for that matter.” The wizarding cement hardened a bit more, turning to an off green color. “So, shall you beg for mercy or put up a fight?” Berfulema questioned kicking a piece of rubble across the floor.

Two quick words followed.

“MERCY!”

“FIGHT!”

They had almost been said at the same time. Mercy had been from Ron and fight from Harry.

“Separate thoughts now, do you? Why don’t you talk this over? Your pain will be well worth the wait.” Berfulema began to pace back and forth as Ron and Harry bickered annoyingly.

“WHY THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT?!” Ron shouted angrily.

“WELL, WHY THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU WANT TO BEG FOR MERCY?!” Harry spat back in reply.

“If we beg for mercy we’ll live!” Ron replied while struggling to break free.

“If we beg for mercy, he’ll enjoy our begging and we’ll be killed! If we fight, we’ll at least have a bloody chance! TELL ME NOW! WOULD YOU RATHER DIE OR DIE TRYING?!” Harry suddenly yelled, outraged. “AND DON’T BLOODY TELL ME YOU’RE AFRAID! I KNOW YOUR FEARS! YOU KNOW MINE!” Harry’s fury seemed to be pouring out, all seemingly aimed at Ron. Life had never been too pleasant for Harry and it never would be until Voldemort was killed.

“Shut up! You might as well die trying. I’m bored, quite frankly, and I want to do something!” Berfulema spat throwing one half of Ron’s wand in the air. He quickly threw up the other half, and muttered a quick chant. Ron’s wand mended back together. A thin stream of light burst forth from its seam. The wand landed gracefully back in Berfulema’s hand and he threw it toward the disgruntled Ron who continued to struggle on the wall. Harry breathed heavily through his nose, as he, too, continued to struggle.

Accio Ron’s wand!” Harry shouted. Ron’s wand flew directly into his hand and Harry wrapped his hand around it.

“I didn’t know you could do wandless magic!” Ron gasped in awe.

“Neither did I!” Harry replied while awkwardly tossing Ron’s wand into his hand. Berfulema gave a flick of his wand and the cement-like mess liquefied and dribbled onto the floor. Although their clothing remained covered in the mess, they were free from the now clean wall. They dropped onto their hands and knees with their heads drooping to the floor.

“You’re sick, do you know that?!” Harry yelled raising his head a little bit. He stood up charily and firmed his grip making sure he couldn’t easily be disarmed.

Footsteps sounded outside the room.

“Hear that?” Berfulema pointed Hermione’s hand toward the portrait door. “That’s the sound of evil roaming the halls. That’s the sound of victory for our side. Voldemort’s side. Although, our side ””

“Hold up,” Ron expressed loudly, “his side? I thought you were pretty much your own little party of evil people. You work with Voldemort . . . as a ghost?”

“Of course! Everyone’s on Voldemort’s side! Who isn’t?! Well, besides that git of a headmaster. Dumbledore, I think his name is? More like Dumblebore. CAN HE EVER HAVE A GOOD LAUGH OR A FIREWHISKEY?!”

Harry and Ron took an awkward look at each other and turned back to face the menace before them. He rambled on and on about how Dumbledore was a bore to him. Finally, Harry stood up. Head throbbing and arms pulsing.

Expelliarmus!” A bolt of red light erupted from Harry’s wand. A faint whiz was heard streaming off of the spell. Tiny red sparks flew in all directions as Berfulema was caught off guard and was hit dead center by the curse. He was blown off his feet and he slammed into the wall. Breathing heavily, he steadied himself back up and rubbed the back of his head.

“Lucky shot, but try to get by this. Tol son!” A florescent blue light hovered at the tip of his wand momentarily before it streamed toward its target. Oddly, its target had not been Harry nor had it been Ron. The florescent light took an extremely sharp angle to the ceiling where it hovered near a light fixture that hung from the ceiling. Pristine light bulbs that had flourished its circular perimeter began to erupt in violent explosions. The light, which had caused this damage, now began to move from side to side in an almost entrancing pattern. The florescent blue light itself erupted into small shards of electricity that were sent hurling toward the twosome. They dodged their way around the flaming shards, but that was proven hard as they had almost seemed to be following them wherever they moved. The electric charges finally had a mind of their own and they sent themselves toward the two hastily. They seemed to melt into them as they grasped their prey. Screams and yells were heard from them as the electricity surged through their bodies. A blue light shimmered in their eyes, almost a crystal essence simmered in the air....

“That’ll keep you by my side, for, oh, say, a half an hour or so?”

Ron and Harry looked at him with blank eyes.

“Do what I say,” Berfulema gritted through Hermione’s teeth.

Their faces still remained expressionless.

“Go get me Dumbledore.”

Ron and Harry left their Common Room and were off to Dumbledore’s Office in a whirlwind of imperius-like situations.

***

“R-Remus is . . . d-dead?” Molly choked out, sobbing into her coat sleeve. I was just talking to him the day before! How could this h-happen?”

A Healer rushed up to her side and quickly answered her question. “He died trying to save you.... When he saw you get abused like that, he would do anything to stop it. He drank this fluid which they said would heal you. What we don’t quite know is...why he drank it in the first place! He’s a smart wizard and he should know those things!”

“H-He actually had been suffering memory l-loss at the time. I was h-helping him r-remember.” She suddenly broke down in tears. Her body lay across her bed, tears seeping into the fabric.

“That’s a shame. If he hadn’t suffered from that memory loss...he probably wouldn’t have died. Speaking of the memory loss, how did he even lose his memory?” the Healer questioned while stroking his chin.

“I really d-don’t quite know what r-really happened! The room s-suddenly filled up with this really cold air. It froze to the walls and locked us into the k-kitchen at Grimmauld P-Place. The kitchen almost t-turned into a world of ice. His memories were s-sucked into these blocks of ice and they e-erupted. H-He lost his memories s-seconds later.” Mrs. Weasley took a large breath intake and tried to calm herself down. Tears still flowing for the continuing chatter in the other side of the room next door.

“W-Wait, h-how did you know that he drank that f-fluid?”

“We did a quick autopsy. The wizard way, not the muggle. The wizard way is much quicker than the Muggle way. We just use a spell which turns the stomach of the person invisible and we examine the insides of them. The drink turned him into a werewolf. The fact of how scared he was, he seemed to have done anything to help you. We removed the fluid from his system, but that did nothing. They killed him with the killing curse which, as you know, is irreversible. I’m sorry, but ””

“Wait! H-Hold on! If they turned him i-into a werewolf, then killed him with the k-killing curse, wouldn’t h-his werewolf form only be d-dead?”

“That’s what we assumed, but no. His werewolf side was definitely gone. That’s for sure, but the liquid did something to him. We’re testing it at the moment so we can determine the true cause of death. They should be done any time now, actually.”

Just then, a second Healer walked across the room’s divider and whispered something in the other Healer’s ear.

“What? But that’s impossible!” the Healer exclaimed, his clipboard dropped to the ground.

“W-What? What’s impossible?!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, gripping the side of her bed. “I-Is Remus alive?!”

One of the Healers gave her a concerned look and both walked over to Remus’ side of the room. Mrs. Weasley heard faint murmurs and small gasps of excitement. She heard faint words, some of which were, “Does ” we ” breakthrough?” With her peak of interest growing, she quietly placed one foot on the ground followed by the other. She tiptoed to the room divider and listened intently.

“If we understand what is in this, we could cure millions! We might even ” hold on!” The Healer just noticed Molly’s small feet which were dangerously close to their side. “Molly! Back into bed, will you?”

“I r-really would like to know. Could whatever y-your talking about heal R-Remus?” Mrs. Weasley asked with a hint of excitement in her voice.

“I’m afraid not. Like I said before, nothing can heal the killing curse. Now back into bed!”

***

Dumbledore peered over his half-moon spectacles as there was faint knocking on his door. “Come in,” he said calmly.

The door opened and in came Ron and Harry.

“Dumbledore, one of Voldemort’s followers is in our Common Room! We need your help! Come quickly!”

“But the school was rid of them when Bellatrix was sent off. Surely there couldn’t be more.”

“There is!” Ron cut in. “They’re hideous! Tried to kill me a little bit earlier!”

“You seem a little calm to almost have been killed. I’ll just come to take a look.” Dumbledore placed his papers in the corner of his desk and walked toward the twosome who had grins on their faces.

“Come quickly!”

***
“Remus, you’re home,” said a faint voice in the distance.

Remus seemed to be in an ethereal world. He was walking in the clouds with birds fluttering by. Rays of light shining off him with every step he took.

“W-Who’s there? Where am I?”

“You’re home,” the calming voice replied.

“WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?!”

“You’ve passed on, son. It was your time to go. If you hadn’t died trying to help Molly Weasley now, you would have died as one of Voldemort’s followers.”

“I would never become one of his followers! NEVER! I would never sink that low!”

“You can think what you want, but if you ever want to face the sad truth, just know that you have died a better life than what was to come.”

“Who are you?!” Remus yelled, spinning around in circles.

There was no answer.

“Is anyone there? Someone please answer me! I need to know what’s happening!”

Suddenly, the fog hovering over the ground seemed to part ways. A small hole emerged from the smoggy earth with steps leading down below.

“Go,” the voice said while an invisible hand nudged him forward.

Remus hesitantly took his first step into the world beneath. After completely emerging underneath the stony walkway, the earth covered its tracks by concealing the hole. A world like this would not soon be forgotten.