Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“DAD!!” Ron shouted, jumping out from his bed and rushing to his dad’s side. A tear fell from Ron’s eye and landed in the center of Mr. Weasley’s chest. Many more tears followed when Fred had joined Ron at their dad’s side.

Mrs. Weasley opened the door. “Boys, what’s all the commotion?” Mrs. Weasley looked around the room. Her eyes locked on Mr. Weasley. “ARTHUR!” Mrs. Weasley rushed over to Arthur’s side just as Fred and Ron had done. “Boys, what happened?!” Mrs. Weasley said frantically, checking to see if her husband had a pulse. He had no heartbeat. “Arthur...” Mrs. Weasley was now speaking in a whisper, tears dropping from her eyes. She slowly bent down and embraced her husband in a hug, not wanting to let go. “Albus, what happened?” Mrs. Weasley’s tear-stained face was now pointing toward Dumbledore.

“It seems that Arthur has been hit with the Avada Kedavra spell. Molly, I am terribly sorry.” Dumbledore and Molly moved into the kitchen downstairs, Mrs. Weasley was mourning into Dumbledore’s robes.

After Mrs. Weasley had been mourning for several minutes, Dumbledore left her to transport Mr. Weasley’s body that was to be taken outside. Ron, Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George all walked downstairs to comfort Mrs. Weasley. Bill and Charlie arrived later; Fleur holding Bill’s hand as they entered.

Dumbledore walked downstairs, Mr. Weasley’s body was floating down not too far behind him. Mrs. Weasley gasped and mourned into Charlies arm. Dumbledore placed Mr. Weasley outside with a gold and red blanket placed over his lifeless body.

Dumbledore entered the kitchen and placed a hand on Mrs. Weasley’s shoulder, she turned towards him and Dumbledore said, “I will make sure that he has a proper funeral. Where would you like it?”

“Next to our home is fine.” Mrs. Weasley broke out into more tears.

Harry took the stone out from his pocket and looked at it intently. He became enraged and threw the stone at the wall closest to him, causing a small dent in the wall to form.

“IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN STONE!! THAT STUPID STONE IS THE REASON MR. WEASLEY IS DEAD!!”

“Harry, which stone of the six have you found?” Dumbledore questioned.

“The Dragon Stone. Wait a second, how did you know that I found one of the stones?”

Dumbledore gave a weak smile and turned his attention back to Mrs. Weasley. “When should the funeral take place?”

“Any time soon is fine.” Molly looked back to Mr. Weasley. Many more tears crept down Mrs. Weasley’s face. Mrs. Weasley had just began her journey as a single parent.
***
Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Bill, Charlie, and Harry were walking down to begin Mr. Weasley’s funeral. Percy was still furious with his father and didn’t want to come.

Mrs. Weasley gave a shrill cry when she saw Mr. Weasley’s body lying on a long floating cushion; the red and gold blanket had been placed back inside the Burrow. She rushed over to Mr. Weasley, but was stopped by Ron pulling her back. All the Weasley’s and Harry sat down on the chairs that had been placed there for this reason. Tonks and Remus sat next to everyone while several other of Mr. Weasley’s good friends sat toward the back.

A man dressed in white and gold Apparated onto the Weasley’s lawn. He slowly walked over to Mr. Weasley’s side.

“Hello, everyone. We are here today for the burying of Arthur Weasley. He was the husband to Molly Weasley. And their seven kids: Ginerva Weasley, Ronald Weasley, Frederick Weasley, George Weasley, Percival Weasley, Charles Weasley, and William Weasley. They have suffered a great loss. And everyone who has lost a loved one will know that it is very hard to accept this, because only death will reunite them.” The man in white and gold sat down in a seat near Mrs. Weasley. Everything was quiet and still. The only thing you could hear was the rustling of the trees. Then, out of nowhere, a bright white flame burst around Mr. Weasley’s body and the long cushion began raising higher and higher, fogging the body. White smoke coiled into the air and made odd shapes. The fire had then vanished and in its place was an oak coffin, Mr. Weasley’s body lay inside. “Everyone, you may now step up to the casket and say your final words to Arthur Weasley.”

Mrs. Weasley walked up, her lip quivering. “Arthur, you have made my life worth living. Now that you have left me, I will no longer have a husband, and I will keep it that way. For you, my one husband, will never fade from my mind. Arthur, I love you.” Mrs. Weasley had began to cry once more.

***

Everyone had now said his or her final words to Arthur Weasley and the man dressed in white and gold flicked his wand at the coffin and floated it over above the hole in the ground. He slowly lowered the casket in the soft dirt and several other members of the funeral began to flick there wands at the dirt and have it fall on top of the casket.

When the coffin had been buried and the ground was now flat, Mrs. Weasley had the honor of placing the gravestone in the ground above Mr. Weasley’s coffin. The headstone read,

Arthur Weasley

1942 - 1993

Beloved husband
Loving father
Courageous fighter


Everyone walked passed the headstone and placed a rose in the ground. Molly left a rose and a few tears in doing so.
***
Dumbledore walked over to the table where Mrs. Weasley sat patting her on the back and saying comforting words while doing so.

Harry walked over to Ron who was slouched in the corner of his bedroom, staring at a picture of his dad, tears were falling down his face.

“Ron? Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” Ron sniffed, “I’ve just been thinking about my dad, that’s all.”

“Ron, everything’s gonna be alright. You’ll see you’re dad sooner or later. I’ve been experiencing what you are feeling now my whole life.” Harry walked over to Ron’s side and sat down next to him.

“Yeah? And what did you do about it?” Ron said, sniffing again.

“Well, I just tried not to think about it, I tried focusing on Hogwarts and my friends,” said Harry.

“Well, what did you do when Sirius died?” Ron said, turning his head toward Harry.

Harry looked into his lap. Sirius recently died just last year. “I haven’t forgotten about him. He was my godfather. I hardly ever had a chance to really actually talk to him. But when he died... When he died I also tried to forget about him, but I just couldn’t, and I still can’t.”

“Thanks for the talk Harry. Made me feel loads better,” Ron said sarcastically, walking over to lie on his bed.

“Ron, just try not to think too much about your dad. Just remember that one day you will be able to see your dad again. Just try to forget about it. This is as hard for you as it is for me.”

“Harry! HE’S MY DAD! YOU’RE MY FRIEND. I’VE KNOWN HIM FOR SEVENTEEN LONG YEARS AND YOU’VE KNOWN HIM FOR SEVEN!”

Harry turned away; this outburst from Ron triggered Harry to leave Ron alone for a little while to calm down.

Harry entered Fred and George’s room. Fred and George had been downstairs with Molly to comfort her. Dumbledore ventured into Fred and George’s room and had sat on the bed next to Harry.

“Harry, that stone that you found, where is it?” Dumbledore pondered.

“Probably lodged in the wall,” Harry sniggered.

“Harry, this is serious, where is the stone?” said Dumbledore.

“I’m serious! It’s probably lodged in the wall in me and Ron’s room,” Harry moved to the other bed away from Dumbledore.

“Harry, that stone, the Dragon Stone, it is an important stone in the six stones of Berf-” Dumbledore was cut off by Harry.

“I KNOW WHAT IT IS!” Harry became enraged. “THAT STONE IS THE REASON MR. WEASLEY IS DEAD!”

“Harry, now is not the time-”

“IT’S MY FAULT! I COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE STONE. BUT YOU BARGED IN AND SENT VOLDEMORT OFF. I’M THE REASON MR. WEASLEY IS DEAD, BECAUSE I WOULDN’T GIVE HIM THE STONE!” Harry breathed heavily.

“Harry, that stone is not just the Dragon Stone, that stone is the able to bring back the dead. That stone could possibly bring back your parents.”

A/N: Chapter 5 Spoiler: Dumdledore and Harry have a talk in Hermione and Ginny's bedroom that reveal some interesting information and an unsuspected visitor arrives.