Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tragedies by TTOOMMYY11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The water was rising hastily, leaving Harry and Draco in quite a predicament. The chilling water slowly crept up their robes, sending jitters down their spines.

“Well?!” Draco cried. “Way to go, Potter. What are you going to do?! Saving the day is obviously in your vocabulary,” Draco yelled trying to find some way to stay above water.

The round table in the center of the room erupted. A swarm of water flooded out of the gap filling the room up quicker than before. Harry pulled out his wand and cast a spell at the jet of water which had sensed Harry’s defensive spells. The water gyrated itself into a thin line and whipped away Harry’s wand.

Water continually spurted out of the hole and it was at their wastes.

“Potter! Drop the stone and let’s try to find a way out of this dump!” Draco spat.

“Draco, we have to bring the stone back to save the lives of my parents, Sirius...and Mr. Weasley,” Harry croaked out.

“Who cares about your ghastly parents or that mediocre godfather of yours,” Draco shouted unable to take part in Harry’s remotely dangerous charge.

“DRACO, I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING!” Harry cried out.

“OBVIOUSLY YOU DON’T YOU FILTHY PRAT!” Draco squalled in resent. He lashed out his wand and aimed it at Harry’s heart. “METAMULE MANORPHIUM!” Harry suddenly stiffened and fell into the water, his eyes half open. Draco watched as Harry’s eyes closed and his arms fell to the ground, limp and blunt. His withered body was being tossed around and Draco watched Harry dying in front of him. “Avada Kedavra!” Draco yelled. A green light slashed through the water and into Harry’s body. Harry was dead. He had suffered a quick death, but a painful one. The door into the room opened quickly and the water poured out of the room. Draco turned around to see no one there. The door had just opened. Draco was relieved and laughed haughtily as Harry’s lifeless body slithered down the hole in the center of the room never to be seen again.

***

Harry woke up in his bed. Beads of sweat were rolling down his face and his palms were wet with water. What happened? Harry thought to himself. I died. Draco...He killed me. Was it all a dream? Just then Harry felt three lumps under his pillow. He cautiously lifted up his pillow and pulled out three stones. What? The three stones? Harry counted them off and flipped through them naming them off. Fire stone, Dragon stone, and the Water Stone. Is this all in my imagination? I must have been dreaming. But it was all so real. So if im not really dead. Does that mean that Mr. Weasley isn’t dead? Did Hermione every have an encounter with Voldemort? Did I ever see Draco? Just then the door flew open and Mrs. Weasley gasped and ran over to Harry’s bedside giving him a giant hug. “Mrs. Weasley, what happened?” Harry pondered.

“Well you’ve been asleep for the past three days, we’ve all been worried sick!” Mrs. Weasley alleged.

“Is Hermione injured?” Harry prompted quickly.

“Hermione? Oh heavens no. She has been helping me around in the kitchen lately. She’s a fine young woman she is,” Mrs. Weasley finished casually.

“Mr. Weasley? Is he alright?” Harry responded with a worried expression.

“Well, I’m afraid Arthur has had a bit of a run in with some Death-Eaters at the Ministry yesterday morning,” Mrs. Wealsey finished with a bit of a choking sob. “He has been paralyzed from the neck down. The Healers have only given him two weeks”” Mrs. Weasley grabbed a tissue and blew her nose. Tears began to avalanche onto Harry’s bed leaving water stains on the embroidered cover. “”two weeks to live.” Mrs. Weasley finished with a cry.

Harry gasped and wondered if in the near future he would meet Draco, if in the near future Hermione would be injured.... Would this even happen? Harry thought to himself. If I have all the three stones that have so far come up in my bizarre dream...what events would happen to cause these tragic events? What will cause them? If I have the stones that have been through tragic wars and events then what could possibly cause it? Harry suddenly thought of the answer. The other three stones.

“Mrs. Weasley, I’m sorry,” Harry said comfortingly.

Mrs. Weasley looked over at the wall clock and noticed it was half past eleven. “Oh dear, Harry. It’s time to go. The train is leaving at one.”

Mrs. Weasley hoofed down the stairs and began to call out to all the Weasley children that it was time to leave for the Hogwarts Express. Harry got out of bed and put on his clothes and walked quickly downstairs to see if he could snag a quick bite to eat. Hermione was sitting next to the door ready to leave and when she saw Harry, she erupted with joy and ran over to him to give him a hug. “Harry! I’m so glad you’re finally awake! What happened? Why were you asleep so long?” Hermione asked, stepping out from the hug.

“Fred and George must have slipped me a sleeping potion,” Harry lied. He didn’t want to sound like a complete idiot and say that he had a dream about her, but Hermione saw right through him.
“Harry, are you sure it was just Fred and George?” Hermione said, disregarding the fact that Harry was shaking.

“Yeah, I’m sure. What else could have caused it,” Harry laughed. Hermione just figured that he wouldn’t tell her yet and ignored his lies.

Mrs. Weasley walked in and addressed for Harry and Hermione to enter the living room. The Weasleys were all in there and Harry noticed the fireplace. “Mrs. Weasley, are we using Floo Powder again?”

“Oh good heavens no!” Mrs. Weasley exasperated. “We are going to use brooms.”

“Oh, well my Firebolt is still upstairs. One second.” Harry raced up the stairs and walked into his room. On the bed was a letter. He picked it up and read aloud to himself:

Dear Harry,
I have a feeling I shall go mad. I cannot go on longer in these terrible times. I shan't recover this time. I hear voices and cannot concentrate on my work. I have fought against it but cannot fight any longer.


Harry looked up and was confused. He couldn’t worry about this now. He grabbed his Firebolt and ran down the stairs placing the letter in his pocket.

“Harry, what took you so long?” Hermione wondered.

“Just tripped on my way up, sorry.”

“Well, come on then!” Mrs. Weasley prompted for Hermione to step out the door. Hermione stepped out and everyone else followed. They all kicked off from the ground. Hermione was unsure about the whole flying on a broom bit but she kept her balance ignoring her fear of flying.

***

Later, they approached Diagon Alley and purchased all their new supplies. They hurried to Kings Cross Station and stood between platforms 9 and 10. They walked through the wall into platform 9 and 3/4 and hopped aboard the Hogwarts Express. They all said their goodbyes out of the windows and the train started with a screech. Hermione, Ron, and Harry all walked through the hallways to find an empty stall. They walked in one and sat down. Harry closed the door and sat quietly for the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts. He wasn’t ready yet to show Hermione and Ron the note. He just wasn’t ready.
----------------------------------
A/N:Teaser for next chapterA deadly fire engulfs the Hogwarts train and a tragic death claims the life of a loved one. Meanwhile, a full moon casts over Grimmauld Place and this could be Remus' worst transformation yet.