Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind by Huskers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: As always, I own none of this. I am making no
money from it, so please Mrs. Rowling if you read this
don’t sue me. A comment or two would be welcome
though.


Please, if you read, take two minutes to review.




Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind


Chapter 11: Something Amiss






Ron, Hermione and Ginny stood at the front doors of the castle waiting for the first students to arrive. After the attacks of that summer, Dumbledore and the Ministry were taking no chances with the Hogwarts Express. All students were arriving by Portkey, and the first ones were starting to come in.

“Ronald, I would speak with you,” Professor Dumbledore said quietly from behind them. Ron started in surprise that Dumbledore had managed to sneak up on him.

I wish I knew how he did that, his first voice commented for the umpteenth time.

Ron had been working with the proximity detection spell that Harry had found, practicing with it daily. And he progressed to the point where if he was familiar enough with the person and they were close enough, he could actually identify them by the way they felt. Despite all of that, he had felt nothing coming until Dumbledore was there.

It is starting drive us nuts, the other voices agreed with the first.

“Now sir?” Ron asked, as another batch of students arrived.

“Yes, Ronald,” Dumbledore replied moving away from the girls. Ron followed him.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can,” he called to them as he left.

“What do you suppose that is all about?” Ginny asked as she herded a group of students into the great hall. Hermione scowled as she watched Ron and Dumbledore disappear from sight.

“I don’t know, but this is the second time this week that the Headmaster has pulled him aside like that. And he wouldn’t tell me why last time,” Hermione replied. Ginny looked at Hermione for a second.

“You didn’t see anything in his mind?”

“You know the only one capable of breaking into Ron’s mind when he doesn’t want to share is Harry,” Hermione answered, and then catching Ginny’s next question before she asked it, she added, “The only time Ron uses his pensive is when he and Harry train, otherwise it is empty.” Ginny picked up a tone of concern in Hermione’s voice.

“Whatever it is, I’m sure Ron will tell us when it is time,” she said touching Hermione’s arm. Hermione placed her hand on Ginny’s.

“Thanks, Gin.”

“If it isn’t our new Head Girl or should I say Head Wife?” Hermione turned around at the familiar drawl of Draco Malfoy.

“What do you want, Draco?” she replied coldly, surprised to see that he was without his body guards.

“A wonderful summer wasn’t it?” Malfoy sneered at her. “I spent mine at the coast, lots of fun things to see, and you?” Hermione began to tremble with rage, refusing to open her mouth afraid of what might come out of it. Malfoy turned to Ginny.

“And St. Potter got married too. How does it feel to be his second choice Weasley? Or was it third, since your cousin dumped him too?”

“Malfoy are you really stupid enough to believe all that pureblood crap Tom spouts? Or are you keeping up an act so your father doesn’t kill you,” Ginny replied in a perfectly friendly tone.

“Tom who?” Malfoy replied, confused by the question and the fact that Ginny had not gotten upset in the least by his taunts.

“Tom Marvolo Riddle, Draco. If you rearrange the letters, you get, I am Lord Voldemort. Did you ever ask your aunt or father about his parents? His mother was a witch, but his father was a Muggle.”

Draco’s confusion had instantly been replaced by fear at the mention of the Dark Lord’s name. Causing him to recoil away from Ginny and Hermione, and now tried to regain his bluster.

“How dare you say his name you little whore,” he hissed, moving threateningly towards her. Hermione’s hand moved like lightening to strike Draco’s face. Ginny was faster, catching her before she struck him. She stood there in front of Draco less than a foot away, smiling benignly up at him.

“Draco, I suggest you think about which side you truly want to be on in this war. If I find you casting spells against me or anyone I care about, you will wish that it was Tom who was torturing you.”

“Do you honestly think you scare me?” Draco replied glaring down at Ginny’s upturned face.

“Look into my eyes, Draco,” Ginny said to him.

Oh dear, Hermione said to the voices.

“Why?” Draco sneered at Ginny.

“What are you afraid of, Draco? Look into my eyes.”

“Fine!” Malfoy growled moving so his body pressed against Ginny’s, forcing her to tip her head back further as she met his gaze. “I’m looking, Potter.” Hermione watched as Draco went white from the images flying through his mind.

That was a mistake, Hermione’s first and third voice commented to her.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and she’ll kill him, the second voice remarked casually. Hermione found herself wondering why she was not appalled at the comment.

At the very least, maybe he’ll wet himself, the voice added a moment later.

“Do you feel me, Draco?” Ginny thought to him. “I can go anywhere, see anything I want. I can make you do anything I want and you are incapable of stopping me.”

Malfoy was paralyzed unable to respond.

“Unlike Tom, I will not. I will let you be and choose what you want. Tom will make you a slave,” Ginny pushed the last thought to him, exited his mind, but stayed there with Draco pressed against her, her eyes locked on his.

“Do you fear me now, Draco?” she asked casually. Draco, while able to move again, couldn’t tear his eyes from Ginny’s as he slowly backed away from her. Hermione, not even in her animagus form, could smell the fear in his scent. “You must pick a side, Draco. If Tom wins, even if you are on his side, I have shown you your fate. There is only one way to escape it. Fight with me and pray that we win.” Malfoy’s eyes darted to Hermione, who was in complete shock at Ginny’s behavior, and back to Ginny.

“I offer you friendship for the only time, Draco,” Ginny paused a moment before continuing. Malfoy’s face twitched slightly. “You don’t ever have to be my friend Draco, but know this. When the end comes and we have won. If you have chosen to fight with Tom, I will take my vengeance for Bridgette and the others killed this summer on you, Draco,” Ginny finished with a smile, a smile a dangerous as Voldemort’s, before she dragged Hermione off to help some second years that had tumbled into the fountain when they arrived.

Hermione stumbled after Ginny, in disbelief over the fact that Ginny had stopped her from striking Malfoy and that she had stepped into his mind. She grabbed Ginny and spun her around.

“What did you show him!?” she demanded, her voice exploding in Ginny’s mind. Ginny smiled and let the memory come to the surface.

Hermione gasped as the vision of Ginny, right after she assumed her human form, attacked and rescued Cho and Neville from the Death Eaters. The vision spun to what Ginny had said to Draco while in his mind.

“I guess if that can’t scare him into switching to our side, then nothing will,” Hermione said to Ginny.

“His mind is weak, Hermione; he has never been anything other than a scared little boy.”

“Ginny what have you and Ron been working on when you disappear into our room?” Hermione asked.

“We are looking for the key, Hermione. I am giving Ron my memories of when Tom possessed me,” Ginny replied. She felt Hermione flinch through their connection.

“Why didn’t you ask me to help?”

“Because it is terrifying, for both Ron and I, we have to find the memories, they are buried like yours was of when you raised your wand at Ron. We find them and move them to the pensive to see them together trying to get a picture.

“Each one that we find, I have to put back, because they lead to each other. I can push them down, when I am awake, but when I sleep, they are so near the surface now that I can hardly close my eyes if I am not touching Harry.

“Ron says the same thing, you understand what I mean. Once you see something, it becomes a part of you too. Ron says that he needs to touch you to sleep anymore, Hermione. Harry can’t help us with this until it is time for him to know. Ron and I wanted to spare you the fate we are suffering.”

“Ginny, I want to help.”

“You do Hermione, you keep Ron sane, it is worse for him than it is for me, he feels like he failed me. Don’t make him let you do this, Hermione. Let him protect you,”
Ginny replied. Hermione turned away from Ginny trying to hide her tears. Ginny moved close behind her putting her hand on Hermione’s back.

“Let him protect you, Hermione.”

“I'll talk to him and I'll ask him to let me help, but I won’t make him let me do this,” Hermione replied wiping her face.

“Thank you, Hermione,” Ginny whispered holding her tight from behind.

********************


Hermione, her mind elsewhere, hardly paid any attention to the sorting ceremony. Her husband and Ginny, pushed so far that they both could not sleep anymore unless they were touching her or Harry. She did not understand the magic that had to be happening there, and why had she not noticed it with Ron.

She had sat with Ginny so many times in the past, what was it almost a year now, she knew what it did to her. But like Harry was unaffected by Ginny sleeping next to him, she was unaffected by Ron. She had managed to talk to Harry for a brief moment about it. He said that Ginny told him she dreamed next to him, but not when she was next to her or Ron. She was going to ask Ron about it tonight.

Hermione was vaguely aware that Professor Dumbledore was speaking, telling the students the usual start of term announcements. Her mind focused on him when she felt Ron squeeze her hand and she heard the name Collin Creevey.

“Dennis Creevey, Seamus Finnigan, Luna Lovegood, and Bridgette Weasley. Remember their sacrifice as they gave their lives for all of us. Braver students have never walked through the halls of Hogwarts,” Professor Dumbledore finished.

Hermione looked around the great hall; of course everyone knew that they had been killed, except for maybe some of the first year students.

The Ravenclaw table and Gryffindor table were definitely the worst off for this, many of the students at each table openly crying. With many of the Hufflepuff students moving to be with their friends at those two tables. Hermione watched the Slytherin table closely. A number of them were at least upset. One or two even got up and moved to sit with friends from the Ravenclaw table.

We’re going to have to watch out for them, the voices commented, as she took in Malfoy’s reaction to this.

Yes, I know, Hermione replied.

It could be a trick you know, Hermione’s third commented.

Trusting soul aren’t you? her second answered.
From the one who hoped Ginny was going to kill Malfoy earlier, the first remarked.

Anyone from any house could trick us, not just Slytherin, the third replied.

Yes, yes they could, Hermione told them ending the conversation. She sadly shook her head, the innocent girl she had been, willing to trust anyone, was gone. Trust had to be earned now, and she wished it could be the other way.

Hermione tuned out what was happening around her thinking back to the incident with Malfoy that afternoon. She was slightly angry with Ginny for stopping her from hitting him; he had never deserved it more. But something she had said was really what was bothering her; she just couldn’t put her finger on it.

Hermione focused her mind on all of the times she had been in Ginny’s mind over the summer. Trying to recall all of the memories that she had seen, sorting through them was an arduous task. Ginny might not share the memories of her possession by Tom Riddle willingly with her, but Hermione was sure she had come across few on her own. She wanted to pick them apart in every little detail to see if she could find something.

********************


Ron woke up the morning after the welcoming feast and rolled over to look at Hermione. It was the first time since training began against the Cruciatus curse that all four of them had not slept on the floor of their flat’s sitting area. Hermione was watching him; it would have truly amazed both of them at how much it resembled what Harry and Ginny looked like at that very moment.

“Good morning Love,” Hermione thought to him.

“Mione,” Ron replied. Hermione could feel his happiness at her being the first thing he saw.

“Sleep well?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“What did you dream about?” Ron smiled at her question.

“Some girl.”

“Oh?” Hermione remarked haughtily.

“Yes, she was a bossy, know it all, with brown hair,” Ron remarked, knowing he was twisting her in a knot. Hermione’s only reply was to scowl at him.

“And she is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on, and I am madly in love with her.”

“What was the dream about?” Hermione replied, her eyes dancing at the compliment. Ron let the memory of his dream come to the surface for Hermione to see. Hermione relaxed into his mind letting the emotions of the dream take over her senses. She laced her fingers into his and squeezed his hands tight.

“Your turn,” she whispered into his mind, as she allowed her memory to come to the surface of her mind for him. Hermione watched the smile come across his face and snuggled into his chest. After a few minutes she spoke to him.

“Ronald, Ginny told me what you and she are working on in here….Thank you for protecting me.” Ron’s only reply was his body tensing under her.

“In case you were wondering, it is not hurting me to sleep with you like it does when I sit with Ginny,” she said after a minute. Hermione felt Ron’s body relax again. They were quiet for a while before she spoke again.

“Love, I have a few memories from the times I have been in Ginny’s mind that are from Tom. No, Ginny did not give them to me on purpose.” Hermione caught his question before he could ask it when she felt him tense under her again. “You know that many times you find stuff by accident.”

“Yes I do, Mione,” Ron sighed in reply. Hermione pushed herself up on the bed straddling over his waist she laced the fingers from each of her hands into his and leaned down so their faces were inches apart staring directly into his eyes.

“I found something, Ronald. I’m not sure what it is. It is smaller than the spark of life in the death curse, but it is there. Help me look at it, both of us together in my mind.”

Ron looked at her hovering above him, beautiful beyond anything that mattered to him. He would do anything for her, and she was looking at him in desperation right now. Ron knew this would be horrible, but he had no choice.

“Show me, Love,” he thought to her. A moment later, Hermione knew the terror that he had tried to save her from.

********************


Harry walked back into the flat after the first day of class trailed by Ron and Hermione. Ginny was already there sitting in front of the fire. Harry sat down next to her and pulled her onto his lap with him.

“What a miserable day,” he said, kissing her forehead.

“That bad?” Ginny asked.

“Yes.”

“What happened?”

“I haven’t seen you since breakfast,” Harry replied, smiling at her.

“What are you after, Potter?” Ginny said, teasing him.

“I’m going to be sick,” Ron commented from the other side of the room.

“Be quiet, at least you spent most of the day with Hermione,” Ginny snapped at him.

“Little touchy aren’t they?” Ron asked Hermione with a smile. Hermione watched Harry and Ginny quietly. She knew what they felt. Like her and Ron, Hermione believed Harry and Ginny had truly been born for each other. The intensity of the love they shared sometimes even amazed even her.

Hermione had seen the memory Ginny had of the last battle with Tom, the anguish that Ginny had felt when she believed Harry to be dead was almost more than Hermione could take. She had watched the memory unfold as Ginny lay on Harry’s chest whispering softly to him, and was convinced, she felt Ginny actually slipping away.

Hermione believed that if Harry had not woken up, that Ginny might have died with him in the field that night. She understood it, because she was unsure her spirit could carry on without Ron. She might be able to live if Harry and Ginny were still here with her, but if they were all gone; she would not be surprised to fall asleep and never wake again.

“Come Love, we will talk with them later,” Hermione said, pulling him towards their bedroom.

*



“Ronald,” Hermione said as they sat together doing their transfiguration essay, “When are you going to tell me what the Headmaster has been pulling you aside for?” Ron finished writing out the sentence he had been working on, put down his quill and stared at the parchment.

“He has just been making sure I know all of the news about attacks, Mione. Things are out of place right now, and the two of us are trying to figure out why,” Ron answered her after a few moments. Hermione considered his answer.

“It’s the prophecy Mione, I need to come up with a plan, and it needs to be soon.”

“What can I do to help you?” she asked, placing her hand on his. While Ron didn’t reply for quite some time, Hermione could tell he was thinking about something.

“Mione, this morning, when you were telling me about finding some memories of Voldemort possessing Ginny from the times you have been in her mind.”

“Yes?” Hermione asked, surprised at the change in direction of the conversation.

“You called him Tom, not Voldemort, why?” Hermione looked at Ron.

Did we really do that? the voices asked her.

Yes we did, Hermione replied.

Why does it matter if we called him Tom or Voldemort? her second asked. Hermione could not come up with a satisfactory answer.

“I don’t know, Love,” she said to Ron. Ron scowled, his fingers drummed impatiently on the table.

“Mione, will you help me look at the memories from this morning again?” he whispered.

“Yes, Ron.”

********************


Harry and Ginny were sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace in their flat, playing a game of chess. Books for classes and rolls of parchment with half finished homework were strewn about along with their dishes from dinner.

“Gin, Ron mentioned planning a surprise for Hermione’s birthday this year.” Harry watched Ginny’s eyes light up at the idea.

“The 19th will be here pretty soon, won’t it?” Ginny replied. “What did you two have in mind?”

“I’m not to sure. But we could use the disguise of a DA meeting as cover for a surprise party for her.”

“I like it,” Ginny answered. A few minutes later Ginny stood up and pulled Harry to their bedroom. She led him to a chair, pulling it away from the table.

“Sit down and close your eyes, Harry.” Harry looked at Ginny, confusion and a bit of wariness on his face.

“Why?” Ginny glared at him. Harry didn’t move. Ginny pointed at the chair.

“I command you to sit down and close your eyes,” she said to him playfully. Harry grinned at her and sat down.

“As you wish,” he replied. Harry listened as Ginny opened a dresser drawer and rummaged through it.

“You better not be peeking,” she snapped at him. Harry didn’t answer and a moment later, he felt Ginny walk back over and kneel in front of him.

“Hold out your hands.” Harry did as she told him. “Palms up and open, Harry.” Harry turned his hands over and opened them. He felt her place a package in them a moment later.

“You may open your eyes she whispered.” Harry looked down at his wife’s face, her eyes were radiating in anticipation. “It was supposed to be for your birthday.”

Harry looked at the package wrapped in brilliant red paper. He had forgotten about his birthday. There was a stack of gifts in the corner that had yet to be opened. He had not been ready for it yet.

“Open it,” Ginny urged him as she reached up to wipe his cheek. Harry carefully pulled the paper off of the box, and lifted the cover.

“A wand?” he asked.

“You cannot use your wand to fight Tom,” Ginny said quietly to him. Harry watched Ginny her anticipation was so heavy he could feel it radiating from her. She reached up and took the box from him removing the wand and holding it there for him to take.

“Professor Dumbledore helped me make it. The feather is from my tail,” she whispered to him. Harry’s eyes went wide.

To the best of Hermione and Dumbledore’s knowledge, no sorcerer had ever taken the form of a magical creature before. But Ginny’s animagus form was that of a phoenix, and Harry’s was that of a Hungarian Horntail dragon. They had both found, so far, that in their animagus form they had all of the magical powers of the creature whose shape they took. But a wand, this was too much to think about. Would it work? Wands chose their owners, not the other way around. Would it work for him, would it work at all?

“Try it; I won’t be mad if it does not work,” Ginny urged him. Harry looked at Ginny’s smiling face.

“Hold me forever, Ginny?” Harry asked her.

“Yes, Harry,” Ginny’s reply came back to him. Harry reached slowly to take the wand from Ginny. His hand closed around it, and a surge of heat exploded from it into his hand and throughout his body.

“It’s hot, Gin,” Harry whispered in awe. Ginny’s smile radiated directly into Harry's heart as he took the wand from her. Harry pointed the wand at the fireplace, almost before he thought of the spell the logs began to float into the air. Harry set the logs down, and pointed the wand at the wall. The crushing spell erupted from it blasting a hole clean through the stone.

“Repairo!” Harry muttered and all of the dust and tiny stone pieces flew back into place. The wall looked like it had never been touched. Harry turned back to Ginny she looked like she was ready to burst.

“Thank you.”

“You’re happy with it?”

“I am happy that you have this much love for me,” Harry replied taking her in his arms.

“I cannot express my love for you with gifts or words, Harry,” Ginny whispered, clinging to him.

“I can feel it Ginny, I see it in your eyes. I only hope you feel mine in return.”

“Show me the dream, Harry. The one of our future,” Ginny whispered.

“As you wish,” Harry replied and he let her in. Harry felt Ginny’s body melt into his as the image flowed through their minds.

“Yes, Husband, I feel your love for me,” Ginny murmured into his chest.

Harry and Ginny turned as Ron and Hermione knocked loudly on the door calling anxiously to them.

“What is it?” Harry yelled back.

“We just heard an explosion of some sort from out here, are you two alright?”

“Yes we’re fine; you can come in if you want,” Ginny replied. Ron and Hermione cautiously opened the door and entered the room. Each looking around to see if they could find the cause of the noise they had heard.

“Erm….did either of you two hear it?” Ron asked.

“Hear what Ron?” Harry replied, smiling knowingly at Ginny. Hermione and Ron both looked at the two of them incredulously.

“Come on, you can’t tell me you didn’t hear that crash a few minutes ago. Harry and Ginny both did their best to give them blank, unknowing looks.

“Can’t say we did, Mione,” Ginny replied, without so much as a hint of deception in her voice. “What did it sound like?”

“It sounded like….” Hermione stopped; looking for the right words. Harry had quietly slipped his new wand behind Ginny and was pointing it at the wall by their bed.

BOOM!

The spell hit the wall blasting a deep gouge into it sending shards of rock and dust into the air.

“BLOODY HELL!” Ron bellowed as he and Hermione erected shield spells. Even Ginny, who had felt Harry moving his wand behind her, flinched.

“Like that?” Harry asked them, as they stared at the hole in the wall. “Repairo!” he muttered and then watched as the wall repaired itself. “Like my new wand?” he asked nonchalantly as Ron and Hermione looked back and forth between where the crushing spell had hit and Harry.

“Harry that was one of the most powerful blasts I’ve ever seen from you,” Hermione said quietly. Harry held his new wand out to her.

“Ginny thought I needed a different one, as I can’t fight Voldemort with mine. Go ahead, give it a try.”

“I’m not sure that will work, Harry,” Ginny interjected into the conversation. Harry looked at her a puzzled expression on his face.

“Why not, Gin?”

“Well, when I first approached Professor Dumbledore about making you a wand with one of my tail feathers.” Harry could not help but notice the looks of disbelief on Ron and Hermione’s faces. “He thought it was a good idea for you to get a new one considering the whole brother wand to Tom’s and everything.

“We didn’t know if it would work or not, so we made arrangements for Mr. Olivander to come to the school if the wand was no good for you. Obviously, that got changed when the attacks occurred.

“The truth is Professor Dumbledore and I didn’t have much luck with it. In fact neither of us have ever got such poor results from using someone else’s wand as we did trying to use that thing. I really didn’t expect it to do much for you. Mr. Olivander is going to be disappointed when he hears his services are not needed.”

“Ginny are you telling me that you made this wand with one of your tail feathers from your animagus?” Ron asked in disbelief. Harry watched Hermione waving the wand at the pillow on Harry and Ginny’s bed, not very happy that it was only feebly flopping over and not flying into the air. She angrily dropped the wand, and reached her hand out to the pillow.

“Wingardium leviosa!” the pillow lifted into the air floating easily for as long as Hermione cared to keep it there.

“Yes, Ronald. I am,” Ginny replied, smiling serenely at him.

“Let me see that thing, Mione,” Ron said to her, reaching out his hand to take the wand. Harry sat down in the chair with Ginny in his lap and watched the two of them take turns with the new wand, neither had much luck. Finally, Ron tossed it to Harry.

“As long as it works for you, I guess that is all that matters,” he remarked, as Harry caught it.

“I would say that it works quite well for Harry, Ronald,” Hermione put in, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

“Yeah,” Ron replied, as he flopped down next to her.

“Gin, you never cease to amaze me,” Hermione said to her.

“Thank you, Mione,” Ginny replied happily.

“Ginny, what was it like making the wand, was it hard?” Ron asked after a minute.

“No, it wasn’t really hard,” Ginny replied, blushing slightly.

“What?” Hermione asked, apparently catching something that only another girl would in Ginny’s answer.

“Well, it is not exactly fun to be plucked,” Ginny answered, her face turning redder by the second. “My bum hurt for a week.” Harry, Ron and Hermione burst into laughter as Ginny shifted on Harry’s lap obviously remembering the discomfort.

“Watch it, Potter, that new wand won’t help you one bit if you make me mad,” Ginny growled at Harry. Harry tried to stop laughing, and managed it for the most part until Ron yelped from across the room. Harry saw him jump up rubbing his bum, Hermione had obviously pinched him.

“Sorry, Love, but I thought I would see how you would react if someone plucked you,” Hermione managed to say between giggles, and obviously not sorry at all. Harry lost it again, this time Ginny joined in.

A second later a snarling male lion was pinning Hermione to the ground. Hermione waved her wand at Harry and Ginny transfiguring them into lions, and then changed to her animagus form also. The wrestling match raged back and forth finally ending with the three of them pinning Ron to the floor.

“Urrrgh get off me you flea bags,” Ron gasped from under them after he and Hermione had changed back to their human form. Harry sat bag on his haunches and waited for Hermione to change him back, but Ginny just flopped down heavily on top of Ron, knocking his breath out.

“Come on Mione, change her back already,” Ron gasped.

“Oh alright, Love,” Hermione sighed and waved her wand at Ginny. Ron immediately rolled her over and pinned her to the ground only to have Harry pounce at him. Harry was in mid leap when Hermione changed him back to his human form, causing him to land in a heap about a foot short of Ron.

“Graceful,” Ron commented as Harry rolled over on his back.

“Thanks a lot, Mione,” Harry said, rubbing his elbow. “Keep that up and I’ll haul you up in the sky and we’ll see if cats always land on their feet.” Hermione shot Harry a look, but smiled at him a second later

“Let me up you git!” Ginny huffed at Ron. Ron clambered to his feet and pulled Ginny with him.

“I love you too, Gin.” He said with a smile. “I really can’t believe you made a wand with your own tail feather.” Ginny blushed. Harry pulled her to him again kissing her lightly on the lips.

“Thank you, Gin,”

“You’re welcome, Harry,” she replied. Harry looked up to see Hermione was holding another one of his gifts from the pile in the corner.

“Would you open ours next?” she asked quietly. Harry paused for a moment.

“Go on, Harry, it’s time,” Ginny said giving him a squeeze around the middle. Harry sat down on the floor, pulling Ginny with him.

“Why don’t you bring the rest of them over too, Hermione,” he said settling in.


Author's note:

Did Ron snap Voldemort's wand in half at the end of Blood Traitor? For purposes of this story no, he did not. Voldemort came to that battle with someone elses wand.

A question I would like answered, is, how Voldemort ever got his original wand back to begin with after he tried to kill Harry as an infant? I thought it was the Order and Aurors who showed up first at the scene of the crime. I would think they would have looked for the wand of the criminal and found it and destroyed it. I guess not though because the dude has it back now.

Also, this will be the last chapter to go up until after the mods start reviewing chapters again after the release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. So, until then I hope this tides you over.