Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind by Huskers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: As always, I own none of this. I am making no
money from it, so please Mrs. Rowling if you read this
don’t sue me. A comment or two would be welcome
though.


Please, if you read, take two minutes to review.






Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind


Chapter 2 Weddings


Ron opened his eyes the morning of his and Harry’s wedding day and immediately closed them again. The room was spinning in circles, and the wind blowing by the open window seemed to be howling like a tornado.

“Harry you awake?” he asked and instantly regretted it, the noise of his own voice thundering in his head.

“No, Ron, I’m dead now shut it,” Harry replied barely above a whisper. “My head is killing me,” he added a moment later.

“Does the room spin when you open your eyes?” Ron asked after a minute.

“Quit yelling,” Harry hissed at him.

“You quit yelling,” Ron replied angrily.

“I’m going to kill your brothers,” Harry whispered after a short pause.

Ron sat up very slowly on the edge of his bed. Holding his head in his hands, he groaned at the change in position. “Let’s start with Neville. He’s the one who stole our wands,” he said.

“Where do you suppose he hid them?” Harry asked as he crawled across the floor and began to search through the pile of dirty clothes at the foot of Neville’s bed. Ron joined him after a few seconds.

“Here they are,” Harry said as he reached into a pocket on Neville’s robes and felt the familiar warmth of his wand in his hand he pulled it out along with three others that were cold to him. Just the feel of his wand had caused the pain in his head to subside enough that the room wasn’t spinning on him anymore. Harry handed Ron his and Hermione’s wand, putting Ginny’s in his own pocket.

“Wow that feels a little better,” Ron whispered quietly, while staggering to his feet. He held his hand out to Harry to help him up.

“What should we do with him?” Harry asked. Ron thought about it Harry was sure smoke was going to start pouring out of Ron’s ears any second now.

“Let’s levitate his bed into the showers and turn the cold water on him,” Ron suggested. Harry considered the thought.

“He is going to scream bloody murder.”

“Right, my head can’t take that. Let’s just levitate the water over his head from the pitcher like you did to me last summer. We can go down in the flat before letting it drop.”

“Ok, but I need to shower, and brush my teeth. My mouth tastes like a Bertie Bott’s dirty sock flavored bean,” Harry replied. "Might as well get Seamus and Dean while we're at it," he added a moment later after observing their still slumbering forms on their beds.

Harry quietly closed the door to his and Ron’s dormitory room. He and Ron headed down the stairs to the common room.

“Now?” Ron asked as they closed the door behind them upon entering their new flat.

“What a second,” Harry replied. He then waved his wand in the direction of the dorm room. “Ok.” He nodded at Ron.

“What did you do?”

“Chilling charm on the water,” Harry replied. Ron grinned and cut the connection to the spell, a second later they heard the distant screams of their dorm mates as the water crashed down on them. Harry smiled at Ron, and held his hand out to him.

“That’s three down and a whole bunch left.” Ron smiled again and shook Harry’s hand.

“It’s a deal,” he replied. “Where do you suppose the girls are?”

“Well, considering the state Ginny was in at the end of the night, I hope Hermione sat with her….They are going to be a mess,” Harry replied, feeling worried. He did not want either of them to feel like they were not up to where they wanted to be today. They checked Harry and Ginny’s room first, and then not finding the girls they looked in Ron and Hermione’s. Both girls were still out cold on the bed.

“They really don’t have to get up for a few hours yet. Why don’t I move Ginny out here on the couch with me? That will let Hermione get a few hours of real sleep,” Harry suggested.

“Sounds good to me, Mate,” Ron agreed. Harry walked over to the bed, bent down and slid his arms under Ginny. Ginny stirred enough as he lifted her off the bed to wrap her arms around his neck and settle her head on his chest.

“Morning, Potter,” she whispered as Harry carried her over to the couch and sat down with her in his lap.

“Go back to sleep, Gin,” Harry replied quietly. “You don’t have to get up for awhile yet.” Ginny settled into him, her sigh of contentment melted into Harry. Ron watched Harry and Ginny for a minute shaking his head at the sight.

“You know, Harry. I always wanted her to pick you. I had given up hope that it would happen.” Harry was surprised.

“Why me Ron? You hated all of her boyfriends. I thought you would kill me when you found out.”

“Because Harry, you will never truly hurt her. You might have fights and get mad at each other. But you will never leave her before you die. I didn’t trust anyone else to do that. That’s why I never liked any of the guys she dated.”

“Thanks, Ron,” Harry replied, smiling at his best mate.

“I’m going to go watch my future wife sleep for a while, Harry. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Alright, Ron, see you in a bit.” Harry looked down at Ginny lying peacefully in his arms. He brushed the strand of hair back from her face that had always fallen when she was in the hospital wing.

Harry thought back to the day he saw her reflection in the Mirror of Erised, how shocked he had been to see her there. He had instantly known it was true, and while he stood there, he realized he had known for awhile.

He had stopped calling her little sister without realizing, sometime before then because he had stopped thinking of her that way. Even so, he had been terrified. Hermione, while he had loved her, he realized he never had a chance with. That unconscious knowledge had allowed him to pursue her.
Bridgette, he had been unable to deny because he couldn’t deny the truth that he cared for her. She had asked for a chance, and even though he was unsure if it would amount to much, he couldn’t lie to her and tell her he didn’t think it was possible at the time. If she had been right for him, he would have stayed with her.

Harry now understood that he was not capable of flat out lying, even if it protected someone. If it had been Ginny who stood in front of him at the lake that January day, he would have caved into her then. What he was capable of was not bringing up the subject himself, so like the voices told him that night in front of the mirror, he buried it. Deeper than anything he had ever felt for Hermione.

He had hoped Ginny wouldn’t notice the change, that even if she did she would say nothing. He had hoped the crush was gone, that she had stopped calling him Big Brother was just coincidence. He now knew he should have known better. When she had sat on his bed that night in the hospital, less than a week ago and demanded an answer from him. She had made it impossible for him to tell her no.

The one person, who truly knew what Voldemort could do to her, loved him so much that she was willing to risk that pain again to hold him. He caved to the truth, and now prayed that he could show her the same love and devotion, because if he had to look in her eyes and know that he had failed her, Harry knew his heart would stop beating that very moment. Harry was brought out of his thoughts by Ginny beginning to stir in his lap.

“Hello, Potter,” she whispered snuggling into him tighter.

“Morning, Gin, are you feeling ok?”

“My head is killing me.”

“Here take this,” Harry said giving her, her wand.

“That feels good,” Ginny murmured into his neck as her hand closed on the wand.

“Harry do you remember the morning after you created the Phoenix charm….When you said it doesn’t hurt you to sit with me at night like it does Ron and Hermione?”

“Yeah, Gin, I do.”

“Did you really mean that? Or were you trying to make me feel better?”

“I meant it, Gin. It doesn’t affect me. I sleep better next to you than I do alone.” Ginny smiled at him while brushing the side of his face with her hand.

“Harry, I dream when I sleep next to you. Not the bad dreams, normal dreams, happy ones, sad ones, everything in between. I don’t have any dreams when Ron or Hermione sit with me.” Harry lifted Ginny’s chin with his hand.

“I’m glad, Ginevra Weasley,” he said kissing her forehead.

“Do you love me, Potter?”

“Yes, Gin, I love you.”

"Harry, do you believe the prophecy is real, that we will spend eternity together?”

“Yes, Gin, I do.”

“That’s good, Potter, because if you try to get out of it you will be very sorry.” Harry laughed at her. “Not so loud, Potter,” Ginny said wincing at the noise.

“Here, Gin, let me try something. Sit down on the floor between my legs.” Ginny looked at him.

“But I like it here,” she pouted.

“Trust me; I think you will like this too.” Ginny sighed and moved to the floor.

“There, now lean your head back on this pillow.”

“Potter, that is divine,” Ginny moaned a few minutes later as Harry’s fingers massaged her head, neck and shoulders.

“It works?” Harry asked quietly.

“Oh yes,” Ginny whispered in reply. Harry continued to massage her head in silence until Ron and Hermione came out of the bedroom quite awhile later.

“That looks nice,” Hermione commented.

“Get your own, Hermione, this one is mine,” Ginny sighed contentedly. Harry laughed quietly at her again. Hermione looked at her a moment then turned to Ron.

“Sit down, Ronald,” she said as she sat on the floor next to Ginny.

“Your wish is my command,” Ron mocked her and then started to rub her head for her.

“Mmmmm, that is nice. Who came up with this?”

“Harry did,” Ginny replied. They both sat quietly for a while letting Harry and Ron work on their hangover induced headaches.

“So what are we going to do to get revenge on those git brothers of ours?” Ginny asked.

“We’ll,” Ron replied, “Harry and I already got Neville back for stealing our wands. We added Seamus and Dean in just for the heck of it. I’m sure we can think of something.” They sat quietly together for some time before Harry heard a timid voice behind them.

“Would sirs and their young misses like some breakfast today?”

“Dobby, please come around here so we can see you,” Hermione replied quietly to him.

“Dobby, in this house you are equal with the witches and wizards,” Ginny said to him, when the elf had moved in front of them. Harry may pay you to serve him but he is not a master to you. Nor are any of the rest of us. You are free to stand in front of us and look us in the eye when you speak to us.”

“Dobby understands, Miss Ginny.

“Good,” Ginny replied smiling at the elf. Dobby beamed at her and the others in turn.

“Should Dobby get breakfast then?”

“Just toast and juice today, Dobby. It was a rough night,” Hermione said to him.

“Dobby?” Harry asked.

“Yes, Harry Potter, sir?”

“Do you know anything that will help with a hangover?” Dobby’s eyes grew wide and a huge smile came over his face.

“Dobby knows just the thing, sir.”

“We could use four of whatever it is,” Harry said to the elf.

“Yes, sir, Harry Potter, sir, Dobby will bring it with your breakfast.” And then, before anyone could stop him Dobby raised his hand and snapped his fingers disapparating with an abnormally loud pop.

“Argh, I’m going to kill Bridgette. She was the one pouring that stuff down our throats last night,” Ron groaned.

********************


The great hall had been through an amazing transformation in the hours since last night’s leaving feast and the wedding ceremony that was about to take place. Gone were the house banners of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw that had been hung in honor of the houses winning the house cup and quidditch cup respectively for the year.

Now, there were huge white tapestries hanging from the ceiling which in its bewitched state, was blazing with the warm sun and fluffy white clouds that reflected the actual conditions outside the castle. Hundreds of cream and red roses hung in large bouquets around the hall. Large candles sat in the holders all around the hall waiting to light it as day turned to night and the festivities of the day went along.

The two middle of the house tables had been banished from the hall clearing room for a dance floor. The head table, along with the two tables along the outside walls, was set with Hogwarts finest china and crystal glasses. Bowls of punch and platters of hors'douvres waited to be consumed by the guests who were now beginning to arrive and claim their seats.

The wall behind each table had been enchanted with a mural of the Dark Forest. And the different creatures that lived in it moved through the scene. Most notable of animals on the left wall, as you looked to the head table, were the large male lion and female lioness that were chasing each other all through the woods. On the other wall, a huge image of a Hungarian Horntail dragon lounged lazily by the lake, short bursts of flames shooting from its nostrils with each breath. The head of the dragon turned on its long neck allowing emerald green eyes to follow every movement of the blazing red phoenix that floated through the air all around the great beast.

The sound of the phoenix song filled the air of the hall with its enchanting melody. Seemingly drowning out all other sounds and bringing a quiet peaceful calm as the crowd began to swell. The smell of grilled meats, fresh baked bread, and puddings wafted into the hall from the kitchen below, tantalizing the taste buds of the early arrivals with the promise of what was to come.

The guest list for Ron and Hermione’s wedding was quite large when all of the people Arthur Weasley worked with at the Ministry had been added to the members of the Order of the Phoenix, various Weasley and Granger family members and the members of the DA. Now, Ron and Harry stood in a room off to the side of the great hall peering through the door way at their swelling ranks; both of them growing more nervous by the moment at the sight of all of the witches and wizards dressed in their finest gowns and robes.

“I had no idea Dad knew this many people,” Ron said.

“How come there are so many more than for Charlie’s wedding?” Harry asked.

“Well it was Christmas. People probably had other places to be,” Ron replied.

“Right, forgot about that,” Harry said.

“Consider yourself lucky, Mate.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mum said there were dozens of people who said they were not coming. Do you think any of them would have turned down the invitation if they knew Harry Potter was getting married today too?” Harry’s face turned white at the thought of what people would do to watch him get married.

“Don’t even say it, Harry,” Ron said cutting him off before he could open his mouth. “Just promise to love my sister and forget about everyone else out there.” Harry grinned at him.

“That, I can do, Ron.”

Harry looked into the hall again just in time to see rows of chairs appear on either side of the dance floor leaving an aisle down the middle for the bridal march. The guests, herded along by the Hogwart's house elves, started to move into the chairs as the time for the ceremony grew closer. Watching the crowd carefully, Harry blinked in surprise at the sight of one guest in particular.

“What is she doing here?” he indicated towards Rita Skeeter.

“Ginny invited her,” Ron replied.

“What for?” Harry asked gaping at him.

“Think about it, Harry,” Ron answered. And then seeing Harry was too shocked to come up with an answer on his own he clued him in.

“It’s better to have her on our side than against us. She is the only reporter here. She doesn’t know why, but she knows she is being given something no one else is. If she decides to write nasty stuff about you and Ginny, then that access can be taken away and given to some other reporter.” Harry grinned at how Ginny had turned a thorn in his side into a puppet that could have its strings cut in an instant.

“What am I getting myself into?” he mumbled under his breath.

“I don’t know mate, but better you than me,” Ron replied. They both turned as the other door to the room they were in opened.

“Oy, you two, get out there,” Fred said to them.

“Honestly, let’s get a move on,” George added as he and his twin started to push Harry and Ron out the door into the great hall.

“Yes, some of us are looking forward to the party not the vows you know,” Fred picked up.

“And the sooner you two are done making Mum bawl her eyes out, the sooner we can get to the fun part of this whole thing,” George finished after he and Fred had deposited Harry and Ron at the front of the hall.

The crowd grew quite as Harry and Ron were put into position by the twins. Each of them gave the two grooms a hearty hand shake and clap on the back before moving to their seats. Harry looked around the hall full of guests and his eyes settled nervously on Hermione’s mother who was sitting front and center. He gave her a feeble smile.

“Relax,” she mouthed at him. Harry nodded at her and then turned to look at Ron.

“You look green.”

“I can’t remember my vows,” Ron hissed at him. Harry felt his stomach heave.

“Now you look green,” Ron said to him.

“I forgot mine now,” Harry hissed back to him. Dumbledore moved into place in front of them.

“Ronald, Harry. You are ready?”

“Yes sir,” they replied together both surprised at the strength in their voices.

“You and Miss Granger will exchange vows first, is that correct?”

“Yes sir,” Ron replied. Dumbledore nodded and then he turned his attention to the crowd.

“For those of you who are quick of mind, you may have noticed that there are two grooms here with me. That would of course mean that we have two brides this afternoon also.”

The crowd began to whisper excitedly amongst themselves at Professor Dumbledore’s words. Many turned in their seats searching for a glimpse of the missing brides. Harry saw Rita Skeeter’s eyes grow wide and continued to watch her as Dumbledore finished his announcement.

“Our first couple is of course Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley. Our second couple is Ginevra Molly Weasley and Harry James Potter.”

Rita’s face lit up like a Christmas tree, and her hand dove into her bag for a quill. The excitement of the crowd grew to a near fever pitch as guests craned their necks to get a glimpse of the famous Harry Potter. Harry scowled at the thought that most of these people would not remember that they had come to see Ron and Hermione get married, but would be only too happy to say they were in attendance when Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, got married. Ron elbowed him in the side.

“I know what you’re thinking and you can just knock it off, Harry,” he whispered to him.

“Thanks, Ron,” Harry replied gratefully.

“This is your last chance to run you know,” Dumbledore said under his breath to them while he waited for the crowd to calm down. Harry and Ron grinned back

“Not a chance sir,” they replied together. Dumbledore chuckled at them.

“A wise decision, they would be most displeased with the both of you.” Harry gave an involuntary shudder as a few thoughts of what Ginny would do to him if he left her standing at the altar ran through his head. Dumbledore smiled at the two of them again and then seeing that the crowd had settled down some, he motioned for the music to begin. Harry turned to watch as the doors to the hall opened. He saw his bride for the first time and his heart skipped a beat.

Ginny’s dress was ivory white and strapless; it clung to her chest and stomach and fell much the same as Hermione’s did from the waist down. There were two long red and green ribbons that trailed on each side from her waist down to the floor. Her hair was divided, with part pulled back into a ponytail that fell over the rest which fell freely down her back. The one lock of hair that always fell in her face, now hung delicately along her cheek. The light glinting off of it caused it to change shades continually. Her father taking her arm began to move forward with her towards Harry. As she drew near, she looked up shyly at Harry, who could only stare. Her eyes flashed brilliantly at him, when she realized he was speechless because of her appearance.

Ron’s head spun; taking in Hermione in her long white gown with a strap over her left shoulder, clinging tightly around her chest and stomach then falling loosely from the waist down. Her hair spilled around her shoulders in soft ringlet curls, with sprigs of babies breath adding color to her appearance. Her arm hooked with her father’s, and he began to slowly walk with her towards Ron.

“Thank you Harry,” Ron whispered in awe as he remembered just how Hermione had come to be in the dress she was wearing.

Hermione felt her heart pounding with anticipation as she watched his lips move. She still couldn’t believe he had found the courage to tell her he loved her, and now he stood breathless, waiting to exchange wedding vows with her. When Hermione and her father drew even with Ron the procession and music stopped.

“Who gives this woman, Hermione Granger, to be wed this day?” Dumbledore called loudly into the hall.

“Her father does,” Mr. Granger replied as he walked forward and shook hands with Ron. He then placed Hermione’s hand in Ron’s and moved to take a seat next to his wife. Ron and Hermione moved to the side allowing Harry to move into the middle of the Hall. Mr. Weasley stepped forward with Ginny.

“Who gives this woman, Ginevra Weasley to be wed this day?” Dumbledore called into the hall again.

“Her father and her mother do,” Mr. Weasley replied beaming at the Muggle tradition he was taking part in. He then stepped forward to hug Harry and placed Ginny’s hand in his. Ginny gave Harry’s hand a squeeze and then they parted to make room for Ron and Hermione between them.

Ron and Hermione moved into position with Harry on Ron’s right, and Ginny on Hermione’s left. Hermione handed her flower bouquet to Ginny, and then turned to face Ron. They crossed hands, his left in her left and her right in his right. Bridgette stepped up behind Hermione and arranged the train of her gown so that it spread across the floor in elegant waves. Harry saw her catch Ron’s eye and give him a wink for encouragement before moving off to the side again.

“Each of our couples,” Dumbledore began, “has chosen to combine traditions between the magic and non-magic world. What you have just witnessed is the non-magic tradition where the father of the bride gives away his daughter to the man who replaces him. It signifies the acceptance of the bride’s family of her choice for a mate. We will now perform the Ceremony of Light. This will be followed by an exchange of vows which our couples have elected to write themselves. This is also a non-magic tradition. After the exchange of vows we will perform the Ceremony of the Rings of Smoke. Ronald, Hermione are you ready?”

“Yes sir,” they replied together. Dumbledore waved his hand and the ceiling of the great hall changed to pitch black. The few lights in the hall were dimmed so it was almost completely dark in the hall. Harry watched intently as Professor Dumbledore began a series of incantations. As he spoke, a light began to emanate from Ron and Hermione’s clasped hands. At first dim, it began to grow filling the hall with a blinding white brilliance. Harry began to squint and finally was forced to close his eyes against the light which grew to a point that he started to see little black spots on the insides of his eyelids before it faded out.

As it faded, Harry opened his eyes and looked over at Ginny.

“Wow!” he heard her voice in his head.

“Yeah…” Harry replied.

“Hermione you may say your vows now,” Professor Dumbledore said to her, his eyes shining brightly. Hermione looked into Ron’s eyes and in a voice that was calm, clear and loud, she began to speak.


“I was so thick.
It wasn’t that you didn’t care.
You fought with me for the same reasons I fought with you.
I waited for you to say something cursing your weakness
What was wrong with me? I could have said something too.
I was weak. I would have accepted what I needed. It would have been enough.
Amazing the fool you see when you look in the mirror.
Thank God you were strong. You offered what I needed and wanted. You were always first.
You took my heart. I have pledged you my life. I give you my soul
With this ring, I Hermione Granger, take you, Ronald Weasley for my Husband.”



“Ronald.” Professor Dumbledore said quietly. Ron took a deep breath and began to speak; his voice cracked once and then became firm and loud for all to hear.

“I wake in the morning and she is in my mind.
I wait in the common room; she left early.
I go to breakfast; she just left for the library.
I see her from the hallway at the table.
Do I have a book? She won’t let me stay without one.
She is looking at me, smiling, my knees feel weak.
What is this creature that consumes me?
What could I offer her? It could never be enough.
I have no choice. I will confess and lay my paltry gift at her feet.
She finds me, she touches me, she thanks me for what I offer.
She has a gift for me. Mine does not compare.
My heart for hers, it is what she wanted, and more than I dreamed.
Your heart is my strength Hermione, Your breath is my life.
You have taken my heart and I will give you my soul.
With this ring, Hermione Granger, I Ronald Weasley take you for my Wife.”



Harry, standing behind Ron, could not see his face, but he had a clear view of Hermione, whose eyes were shining brightly with tears of joy that were starting to slip down her cheeks.

Thank Merlin, she told us no, Ron is the only one for her, the voices said to him.

And Ginny is the one for us; we were as blind as Hermione when she looked at us, Harry replied. Harry looked at Ginny and smiled at her. The smile that came back to him melted his knees. Harry focused back on Ron and Hermione as Professor Dumbledore began the incantations for the Ceremony of the Rings of Smoke.

Harry watched intently again as smoke began to swirl around Ron and Hermione’s hands, spinning, swirling, taking shape into a circle becoming perfect and then twisting itself into the eternity symbol. Harry heard Ginny and Hermione gasp as the eternity symbol rotated slowly above Hermione and Ron’s clasped hands.

“Well isn’t that interesting,” Professor Dumbledore remarked quietly to them, as the smoke faded into nothing. He smiled kindly at them. “Shall we see if we can’t hitch your friends now?” Ron and Hermione nodded at him and stepped to the side, allowing Ginny and Harry to take their places.

Dumbledore waited a moment while Bridgette stepped in and arranged Ginny’s gown for her. She leaned in and whispered something in Ginny’s ear that Harry didn’t catch, but caused Ginny to grin broadly. She then smiled at Harry before moving to the side again. When she had, Dumbledore spoke to Harry and Ginny.

“Shall we begin?”

“Yes Professor,” they replied together, crossing their hands as Ron and Hermione had.

Hermione watched as the incantations for the ceremony of light began, and the light emanating from Harry and Ginny’s clasped hands began to grow in intensity.

Harry closed his eyes and the spots began to form on his eyelids again. He didn’t think it was any brighter than it had been for Ron and Hermione, just that he was closer. What he had not expected was the feeling of electricity that moved through his body similar to the pain that had surged through him when he and Ginny had performed the Blood Oath earlier that year. It had been more painful when he performed it with her than with Ron or Hermione, this wasn’t pain though. He could only describe it as elation. He found that he and Ginny were involuntarily clasping their hands tighter and tighter. He was becoming concerned that he might hurt her before the light and feeling began to diminish.

Ginny thought she was close to screaming from the strength of Harry’s grip when the light and sensation finally began to fade replaced by a feeling of intense contentment. She opened her eyes again and stared into the emerald green eyes that she had longed for, for so long. The eyes she had hidden from so well that she had convinced herself she didn’t want him anymore, then came that night in front of the Mirror of Erised. She had not seen what Harry did the second time he looked in the mirror that day but she had looked in the mirror herself.

Ginny had seen Harry standing in front of her just like he was right now. She had not needed an explanation of what the mirror did after that. She had desperately fought the truth, thought Harry couldn’t possibly feel the same about her. But it had been his voice that brought her back after the accident with Cho. It was him being in danger that had allowed her to wake up and then when she reached him, he was dead. That pain had nearly killed her. Ginny knew the second he woke up that she would tell him and risk the rejection. And now he was hers, he had looked in the mirror and he had seen her.

“Ginny, you and Harry may exchange your vows now.” Professor Dumbledore broke into her thoughts. Harry smiled at her and spoke to the crowd.

“It may seem that Ginny and I got here in a hurry. The truth is we have been in love with each other for quite some time. We were just too scared to see it. Our vows are our story, so you can understand how we came here. He turned back to Ginny and nodded to her. She nodded back and took a deep breath befor begining to speak.


“Green eyes, I’m drowning,” Ginny stared up into Harry’s eyes.

“Red hair, my heart is burning,” Harry replied, while pushing the lock of hair back from the side of Ginny’s face.

“With blade, blood and oath, our lives given,” they both said, as they pressed their hands together where they were scarred from the Blood Oath. Harry then turned his back on Ginny.

“All who are close to me, in danger. I built a wall,” he continued.

“Fear of rejection. My love was hidden,” Ginny said while turning her back on Harry. Harry then turned around to face Ginny sinking to his knees in front of her.

“On my knees, defeated, your love saved me,” he said. Ginny turned around to face Harry again, reaching her hand to his chin and lifting him from his knees with her touch. She stood there a moment looking up at him then dropped her hand from his face and her eyes to the floor.

“Pain of believing you were dead, without having held you, too much to bear. I will stand here until you make me move,” she said. Harry’s hand reached for her chin, lifting it so their eyes met again.

“You ask me to be strong enough to love you, when you know that I am weak. I could never deny your request. In your heart is my strength. My wall is destroyed. I accept your offer and place my heart at your feet.” Ginny’s hand came up and reached for Harry’s.

“Your heart is all I ever wanted. Your love will be my shelter. I accept what you offer. For without it, I will have never lived. I Ginevra Molly Weasley, offer myself as Wife. To you, Harry James Potter, hold me forever,” she replied, while sliding Harry’s ring onto his finger.

I Harry James Potter, offer myself as Husband. To you, Ginevra Molly Weasley, hold me forever,” Harry answered, while sliding his mother’s ring back onto Ginny’s finger.

“Green eyes, I’m drowning,” Ginny finished, taking Harry’s left hand in her left hand

“Red hair, my heart is burning,” Harry finished, brushing her hair back before taking her right hand in his again, in preparation for the Ceremony of the Rings of Smoke.



Harry watched again as the smoke began to swirl above his and Ginny’s hands after Professor Dumbledore finished the incantations. It blew and twisted into a circle becoming more perfect and then twisted again into the eternity symbol. The symbol began to rotate in the air again and then suddenly turned black as thunder exploded in the hall. Harry heard people scream in surprise and felt Ginny begin to tremble. He was growing concerned when Dumbledore spoke.

“Do not be alarmed, I expected this,” he said calmly to them. Harry looked at him and then Ginny. She seemed to be trembling in excitement and not concern as she watched the black smoke begin to fade.

“Sir, what is it supposed to mean?” Harry asked quietly.

“The symbol will only turn black and be followed by a clap of thunder like this when one of the two people getting married has lost their parents, Harry. It is believed that they are watching and approve of the choice that you have made. It is believed that they may have somehow saved the life of the person you are marrying, that they may also have been guiding Ginny to you in some way her whole life,” Professor Dumbledore said to him.

Harry looked at him dumbstruck. He could hear people whispering excitedly in the background.”

“Harry.” Harry turned to look at Ginny again. “When I was in a coma in the hospital, my spirit was at the Ministry in the Death Chamber. Your mother came and stopped me from going through the veil. She also opened a door at the top of the chamber for me that allowed me to wake up,” she whispered to him.

“She came to you too?” Harry asked. Ginny looked at him quizzically for a moment.

“When were you there?” she asked.

“Just before I woke up in the cemetery; with you lying on top of me.” Ginny smiled at him.

“Yes, she came to me too, Husband.”

“There is also supposed to be something very unique about the partner whose parents are still living,” Dumbledore remarked quietly. Harry and Ginny both snapped out of the trance they had slipped into while gazing into each others eyes.

“Harry,” Ron said from behind him. Harry turned to look at him. “Ginny is the first girl born into the Weasley line in more than three centuries,” he said. “I remember Bill telling me about the celebration when she was born. There is no doubt in my mind after seeing your smoke symbol that your mother has something to do with Ginny standing in front of you right now.” Harry blinked and turned back to Ginny.

“I guess I just beat Bridgette,” Ginny smiled at him.

“I’m glad you did,” Harry replied.

“Shall we continue?” Dumbledore said quietly. “Two eternity symbols in one night, many people would like to congratulate you four.”

“Yes sir,” Harry and Ginny replied together, as they stepped to the side, and turned to face their guests making room for Ron and Hermione to join them.

“Ladies and Gentlemen I am pleased to present for the first time as husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Ronald and Hermione Weasley, and Mr. and Mrs. Harry and Ginevra Potter. Ronald, Harry, you may kiss your brides,” Professor Dumbledore said proudly to them.

Harry turned to Ginny again and placed his lips on hers. It was all he could do not to laugh as he heard the twins cheering in the background over the fireworks they had just set off. They were followed by the rest of the crowd.

********************


Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione collapsed onto the couch of their new flat in the Gryffindor tower.

“Wow, what a night,” Ron said letting out a sigh of relief. Hermione snuggled up in his lap, her head on his shoulder.

“Happy, Love?” she asked. Ron turned to her and kissed her on the top of her head.

“Yes, Mione, I’m beyond happy.”

“You know,” Harry said standing up and pulling Hermione with him, “I know I gave a speech, but I don’t think I ever really congratulated either of you. And I know I did not dance with your lovely bride.” Harry started to twirl Hermione around the room with him. Ron pulled Ginny off the couch to join them.

“Oddly enough I don’t think I danced with yours either, Harry,” Ron replied. They moved around the room together for awhile, no music, just best friends clinging to each other in the peace before the storm they all new was coming. Harry guided Hermione back to Ron and picked Ginny up in his arms.

“Goodnight, Mr. and Mrs. Weasely,” he said to them, as he closed the door to his and Ginny’s room. Harry sat on the bed with Ginny in his arms for a long time.

“Did you put the envelope on their bed, Gin?” Harry asked her.

“Yes, Husband,” Ginny replied into his neck before getting up and heading to the bathroom. “I will be back shortly,” she said to him.

*********************


Ron carried Hermione into their room and placed her on the bed.

“What’s this?” she asked picking up the envelope.

“It has our names on it, why don’t you open it?” he replied. Hermione broke the seal on the envelope, a key fell out of it along with a letter.

“It’s from Harry and Ginny,” she said moving next to Ron so they could read it together.

Ron and Mione:

Ginny and I wanted to try and find a way to thank both of you for sharing your day with us. This really isn’t it we both know love cannot be bought. I wondered for a long time about the two of you. If there is one thing I’m glad to have done in my life it was to force Ron’s hand.

Harry and I can’t tell you how much the two of you mean to us. When Harry and I finally figured out our own issues, he told me what he was planning to do for your wedding gift. As we are now married this is from both of us.

Ginny and I talked for a long time the night after we became engaged. Mostly about what we wanted to do after this war was over. We find that we don’t know. We both think being an Auror or working in the Department of Mysteries would be cool, if we had not already done so.

What Harry and I are trying to say is that we may choose to do nothing for a while. Take the time to enjoy the world away from the newspaper headlines that our lives have become. We have decided that you two, who shoulder as much burden as we do, should have the right to choose also.
Ginny and I have opened an account in both of your names at Gringots. You will find that there is enough money for you both to last you your lifetimes, regardless of how many children you might have. We don’t care if you ever spend a knut of it, but we do not wish to see it ever again.

Please do not be offended by our gift, it really means nothing to either of us. What Harry and I care about is the two of you. We have all chosen the path we are on, and for now must fight, but when the time comes for peace. We want you both to be able to do what you want, and not what you must.
We know what you are both thinking right now. Please don’t try to give this back tonight, we are sleeping.

Love in blood, blade, oath and our hearts: Our lives for yours.

Harry and Ginny Potter



Author's note:

Once again, I must thank Ashwinder for giving me permision to borrow her ideas for the light ceremony and the smoke ceremony used in my wedding scene from her. She used them in her story, The Long Road Home, and though I made a modification to the smoke ceremony for Harry and Ginny, I have yet to come across anything I like more or make up something of my own that is as good.

The prequel to, Long Road Home, is, Ginny's Gift. Both are excellent stories. Perhaps the best I have read since stating to read fan fics. You should check them out. They can be found on mugglenet.com