Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind by Huskers

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: As always, I own none of this. I am making no
money from it, so please Mrs. Rowling if you read this
don’t sue me. A comment or two would be welcome
though.


Harry Potter and the Unlocked Mind


Chapter 3 It Begins



Ginny woke up the morning after her wedding night laying on her side with her stomach firmly pressed into Harry’s back, her arm wrapped around him, their legs entwined with each others. She had been dreaming about flying; her, Ron and Hermione with Harry in his animagus form. She had had this same dream almost every time Harry had sat with her since that first day of the Christmas Holiday this past year.

It was amazing to Ginny that she could even dream anymore. Years and years without sleeping at all and then all the nights spent sleeping next to Ron and Hermione without dreams, it had been wonderful to simply sleep, but to dream frivolous things again like a five year old child was beyond amazing.

Ginny had been thrilled when Ron and Hermione had become engaged. She had also been terrified, it left her with only Harry who understood, and he would eventually find someone and leave her too. But instead of finding someone else Harry had wanted her. Not only had he wanted her, but it didn’t hurt him to sleep next to her like it did Ron and Hermione.

What could possibly be different about him? Ginny asked herself for the millionth time since the night before Halloween last year.

Ginny smiled as Harry rolled over in his sleep, she could see his face now. With his eyes closed, it was the only time she didn’t see the clouds that always dwelled in them. But something had changed, even in that, in just the last week. His eyes had always seemed to be disturbed to her, full of determination, but not daring to hope. Now once in awhile she would catch him watching her and they were clear. If just for the briefest moment before he shut down again. She knew what was going on behind the smile. Harry was trapped, and there was only one way out.

Ginny knew it was only a matter of time before Tom would run out of patience and attempt to kill Harry again. Something told her their next confrontation would be the last for one of them. If Tom won, she knew that her, Ron and Hermione were living on borrowed time. The last battle had brought them all to his attention, and they were all too powerful to live. Even though they did not have it in them to destroy him, Tom did not know that. To him, just like Dumbledore, they were a threat. Standing in his way of total domination and he would not abide their existence any more than he did Harry’s.

Ginny knew Tom like no one else alive. She understood the first prophecy very well, better even than Harry or Dumbledore. The one part where it looked like there was a way out was impossible. It wasn’t that either Tom or Harry was in danger of dropping dead on some random day because they were both alive at the same time. The problem existed because the evil that lived in Tom, could not abide any good in the world. Harry had become the first target because of the good in him and the prophecy that tied he and Voldemort together. He would be forced to fight until either he or Tom was destroyed. It was a cycle that would be repeated over and over until the end of time. Good, Ginny believed would win that last battle. She didn’t see how it could be any other way. How else could she be promised a happy eternity with Harry when they both left this world?

Ginny smiled again, the battle between Harry and Tom would not be the last battle between good and evil. But it would be the end of the great evil of her lifetime. Maybe even a few generations after her would know peace. She knew Harry had the strength to win, they just needed to find the path, and the second prophecy said it was in her. Something in the scar that Tom had left in her would show Harry the weakness he could use to defeat Tom.

Ginny thought back to the battle that had occurred a little over two weeks ago now. Harry had lashed out at Tom to save her when she refused to leave him to die. Both Harry and Tom had been knocked out, but Harry had recovered first. If they had only known what the weakness was, Tom had been helpless to defend himself. He was going to be brutal beyond anything anyone had ever seen because of it.
Ginny knew he would never admit it, but Tom Riddle, for the first time in a long time, was now scared of someone besides Albus Dumbledore. The madness that was in him was too blind to simply hide until Harry died of old age to begin his final conquest. He would seek Harry out even if it might lead to his demise. That in itself was a weakness; they needed to find a way to take advantage of it.

Ginny watched as Harry’s eyes opened and he turned to her, they were clear again as he looked at her. Ginny felt her heart swelling in her chest, her face flushed as if she had been caught doing something she shouldn’t have.

“Good morning, Husband.”

“I love you, Ginny,” Harry replied as he rolled onto his side to face her. Ginny didn’t reply other than to smile at him. His eyes were still clear, and she was afraid to move lest he shut down again. She wanted him to feel hope for as long as possible. Finally she saw the cloud come back over him again.

That was the longest time yet. He is starting to truly look past the battle he must fight, the voices said to her.

He is starting to hope, Ginny replied to them.

“Ginny?” Ginny heard Harry’s voice in her head.

“Yes?” Ginny thought back to him

“How long have you been a legilimens?” The question came directly into her mind again.

“It is only with you,” Ginny responded out loud, breaking the connection.

“Do you know how to keep me out when you don’t want me in?” Harry asked her.

“Not really.”

“Make your mind go blank, it is easy for you and I to reach out into each other’s minds because we trust, and want the other person to be there. You and I are not seeking to find something the other person does not want to reveal. It feels safe. Do you understand?”

“Kind of,” Ginny replied.

“You’ll see when we get started later today with Ron and Hermione. It is not safe for me to show you what it is like when the invasion is unwanted right now.”

“You’re not going to tell me more right now?”

“No, right now I’m going to kiss you,” Harry replied leaning into her.

********************


“Morning Weasleys,” Harry said as he sat down with Ginny in his lap at the dining table in the common area of their flat with Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione were quiet for a moment before they looked at them.

“Harry, Ginny, this is just too much,” Hermione replied quietly as she laid the letter and key on the table. Harry sighed; he knew this would happen. How could it not when you give someone enough money to make them quite wealthy?

“Would you believe me if I told you Sirius gave it to you? That he left instructions in his will for you two to have it for your wedding gift from him?” Harry asked quietly

“No,” Ron replied. Harry closed his eyes, shaking his head. Money meant nothing to him. It made things both easy and difficult. He had simply wanted Ron and Hermione to be free from wondering if they would be able to afford their next meal, house payment, or if they would be able to pay for their children to attend Hogwarts when the time came.

“Would you accept it if he had?” Ginny asked.

“It is not right to disregard the wishes of the dead,” Hermione replied.

“Then pretend,” Ginny answered her. “Accept this without guilt. Harry and I still have more than we need. You accepted the pledge of our lives when we performed the Blood Oath, was that not more valuable than this?” Ron and Hermione were quiet for a long time again.

“We don’t know what to say, we have no gift for you like this,” Hermione whispered.

“Don’t say anything, Mione,” Ginny replied. Your gift was sharing your wedding day with Harry and me. That was far more valuable to us than the money in that account.” Ron and Hermione stared at the table before turning to each other. They reached an unspoken agreement before Hermione answered for both of them.

“Thank you,” she whispered

“You’re welcome,” Harry and Ginny replied together.

********************


Harry and Ginny were lounging on the couch by the fire in their flat watching Ron and Hermione. Ron was trying to play chess again, but Hermione was doing her best to distract him. She had forced her way onto his lap and was sneaking kisses onto his cheek and neck every time he seemed close to making a move. It was all they could do not to laugh at them.

“Some honeymoon this is,” Hermione grumped at him. Harry and Ginny snorted. Ginny pulled Harry’s face around to look at him, his eyes were clear again and she felt herself drowning.

“Potter?” she thought to him. Harry shook his head at her and smiled.

“You’re not in, Gin,” he whispered to her, his eyes blazing. Ginny felt something stirring inside her at his challenge. She tried again focusing her thoughts on seeing into his eyes. There was something there now, they were still clear, but she could feel nothing behind them like the few times she had been in his mind before.

“Empty your mind, Gin.” The thought exploded into Ginny’s mind. She could feel him, see him standing inside her mind. He could go anywhere he wanted right now, just like Tom had. Harry felt her begin to panic, he quickly exited.

“Are you ok?” he whispered. Ginny nodded at him.

“This is going to be very difficult for you, Gin,” Harry whispered. “I’m going to hurt you. I’m sorry.” Ginny reached up to him and placed her hand on the side of his face.

“I will bear any pain that will help you defeat Tom. It is the only way for us to be free,” she whispered to him. Harry closed his eyes and sighed.

“Lie to me, Gin. Promise me he will not harm you.”

“I promise, Harry.” Harry opened his eyes again to look at her.

“It's time, Gin.”

“We will be strong for you, be strong for us, Harry,” Ginny whispered to him.

********************


Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione were all sitting in a circle on the floor in the sitting area of their flat as Harry prepared to begin their legilimency and occlumency training.

“What do we need pensieves for?” Ron asked as he watched Harry point his wand at his temple, pull a silvery strand out of his head and place it in one of the four bowls.

“Right know I’m removing the knowledge from my head of curses that could really hurt you,” Harry replied. “There are also memories that I don’t want to share with you or Hermione that you could see if you are able to break back into my mind.”

“What could we want to hide from each other?” Ron asked. Harry smiled at him while giving Ginny a quick wink.

“Do you want me to see you and Hermione making love?” Ron and Hermione’s mouths dropped. Ginny sniggered and shoved her fist in her mouth as she tried to stop laughing at the expression on their faces.

“We haven’t,” Hermione stammered at him blushing furiously

“I didn’t say you had,” Harry replied with a cheeky grin. “I just wanted you to realize that there are things you might not want to share with me. I’m protecting myself as much you. The more private the thought I come across, the more likely you are to lash out at me.”

“How do we do that?” Hermione asked, as she watched Harry place another strand in the bowl.

“Point your wand at your temple, think of the memory you want and pull your wand away,” Harry replied quietly, as he placed the last of about twenty strands in his pensieve. After a discussion with Ginny, in which he had learned that while all the Weasley children were loved and considered nothing but a blessing by their parents. Every one of them had been a shock as precautions had been taken to prevent such things. Those precautions had failed. Considering just how dangerous their lives were. And the problems of bringing a child into their world by some accident, he and Ginny had decided to try and wait for that part of their relationship. And while he and Ginny may not have made love yet either, there were defiantly things he did not want Ron or Hermione to see.

“It’s kind of tough to know where to start,” Harry began as he watched his two best friends and wife begin placing silvery strands in their respective pensieves.

“Just do your best, Harry. It has always been enough in the past and it will be now too,” Hermione answered. Harry smiled at her.

“Thanks, Mione,” Harry replied, and then taking a deep breath the lesson began.

“It generally works only with eye contact. Voldemort and I have a strong enough connection that we don’t need it. There are two ways to protect yourself. You can either not let me in, or you can throw me out when I do get in. If I get in your mind, I will be able to go anywhere I want, see anything I want until you throw me out, or I decide to leave. Are you with me so far?”

“Yes, how do we keep you out?” Ron asked.

“Your mind needs to be blank. If I can’t find some thought to latch onto in the first place, I will not be able to get in. You need to bury your memories. I focus on being surrounded by a cloud. The first thing Voldemort sees when he tries to get in my head is a vast whiteness; he has no idea where to go to find anything else. Essentially he is in, but he is lost, unless I give him some clue he just finds emptiness.”

“So because he finds emptiness he is forced out?” Hermione asked.

“Yes, after some amount of time, it becomes impossible to stay. It takes too much energy to try endlessly.”

“So how do we get you out if you get in?” Ginny asked.

“Once I’m in, it is very difficult to fight. Memories will fly through your head; you will find it incredibly difficult to focus. You can curse me just like if we were dueling. The more personal the memory I rip from you, the more desperate you will become. If you are able to focus enough to curse me then you will lash out with the first thing that comes into your mind.

“That could easily enough be Avada Kadavera. I have no idea if it would kill me, but when I was doing this with Snape, the curses I hit him with had close to the same effect as if we had been dueling.” Harry watched as the three of them quickly placed more silvery strands into their pensieves.

“Leave yourself the ability to stun me,” Harry remarked dryly. “For the four of us, it will be easy to connect if we want to. Ginny already has developed the ability to get in my head if I let her,” he continued. Ron and Hermione looked at Ginny who just smiled at them.

“It’s only with Harry,” she whispered at them.

“Who taught you?” Ron asked quietly.

“Tom,” Ginny replied her eyes flashing. Ron’s eyes bugged out of his head, Harry saw his rage building. He had guessed that Ginny must have figured out how to look into his mind from Voldemort, but had not asked her about it, figuring it was one of the memories she would not want to think about. Harry found himself marveling at her strength and dreading how much more he would have to demand from her.

“Let’s get started,” Ron said as he stood up and faced Harry. “I want to go first.”

“Ok,” Harry replied climbing off the floor with him, “We’ll start with you letting me in so you can get an idea of what to expect. Then I’ll have you try to keep me out. I want you to think of some memories that you don’t mind me seeing.” Ron nodded at Harry. Harry gave him a minute to think.

“Ok, Harry, go ahead,” he said looking into Harry’s eyes.

Ron’s head spun, he was remembering the day Harry and he had met on the train for the first time. How scared he had been that Harry would shake hands with Malfoy and leave him to sit on the train alone. The memory changed again. Ron was moving forward on the chess board, the opposing side’s piece was about to take him, he was falling to the ground.

He knew that Harry was feeling what he had felt when he crashed to the ground, that Ron’s first concern was Hermione’s safety. The memory spun again to he and Harry pulling Fleur Delacour’s little sister to the shore after Harry rescued both her and Ron from the Merpeople during their fourth year. The memories stopped, not by his choice, but because Harry had stopped. Suddenly he heard Harry’s voice in his mind.

“Make your mind blank Ron, or throw me out. It will never be this easy again.”

Focusing on being wrapped in a white cloud, Ron tried to push his memories down, clear his mind. Harry was still there, he could feel him searching again looking for an opening.

No, not there! the voices screamed in Ron’s head as Harry found a crack. Ron’s head spun again. He was mad, how could Harry have not told him he was going to enter the Tri Wizard Tournament. He was mad at himself now, how could he have believed that Harry was lying when he said he didn’t put his name in the cup. Ron was down at the lake, he and Hermione were walking together hand in hand. She was pushing him against a tree pressing into him, her hand sliding under his shirt. He was trapped, desperately digging through the caved in rocks to get to Harry, to help him find Ginny in the Chamber of Secrets.

“Fight Ron!” Harry’s voice exploded in his mind.

He was sitting at the table in the great hall cowering as his mother’s howler screamed at him in front of the whole school. He was watching as the green light from Voldemort moved slowly towards Harry. Harry released him. Ron collapsed to his knees on the floor.

Ginny and Hermione rushed to him.

“I’m sorry, Ron,” Harry mumbled to him.

“It’s ok, Mione, Gin. It hurts, almost impossible to even think about fighting much less do anything about it,” he said getting to his feet.

“I know,” Ginny replied hugging him.

“It gets worse doesn’t it, Gin? Once you lose the ability to fight he owns you, doesn’t he? That is the difference between this and the Imperius curse isn’t it?”

“Yes, Ron,” Ginny answered clinging to him.

“Harry….”

“No, Ron, come into my mind, it is open right now. Use your wand-the spell is Legilimens,” Harry interrupted him. Ron nodded at him and raised his wand.

“Legilimens!” Harry let him in. He could feel Ron searching in the white expanse of emptiness.

Ron was searching for something anything, there was nothing but emptiness.

“What do you want, Ron?” Harry pushed the thought to him.

“It was the prophecies, wasn’t it Harry? You were tested when Malfoy offered you his hand that first day on the train, and my heart failed you at the beginning of fourth year.” Ron’s voice spoke into Harry’s head

“Yeah, Ron, it was,” Harry replied. And then Ron became lost in the emptiness of Harry’s mind; the spell was almost broken.

“I thought you said it would be very hard for me to stay here like this?” Ron thought to Harry. Harry smiled at him.

“I’m letting you stay right now, Ron,” Harry replied.

“And know….I’m not,” Harry said out loud. Ron felt himself drowning in Harry’s mind, energy draining from his body.

We’ve got to get out, the voices panicked in Ron’s head, dropping the spell they were trying to maintain.

“Wow!” Ron gasped in awe, as he regained his senses. “I need to sit down. You drained energy from me like never before.”

“I know, Ron. Why do you think I slept for four days straight after the fight with Voldemort?” Harry replied. “I couldn’t have killed him even if I knew how that day. I didn’t have the energy to levitate even a feather.”

“Are you ok, Love?” Hermione asked him quietly

“Yeah, Mione, I think I’m done for today though,” Ron replied.

“Ok then, I guess it’s my turn.” Hermione said kissing him on the cheek.

“Mione, it hurts,” Ron whispered to her.

“It’s the only way, Love. Learn to protect myself with Harry
or fall to Voldemort,” Hermione replied cupping her hand to the side of his face. Harry watched Ron, struggling with the pain that he knew Hermione was about to endure. Ron turned to Harry.

“Save her, Harry,” he whispered.

“I promise,” Harry replied. “Ready, Mione?”

“Do it, Harry,” Hermione replied firmly.

“Memories you want to share first.” Hermione nodded to him.
Hermione’s brain swam. She was flying with Ron, clinging to him for her life. She knew Harry could feel the terror she felt as she and Ron zoomed through the sky. She was in her animagus form hunting Harry, his scent filling her senses. Every nerve in her body was alive as she stalked him. She was lying on the floor of the common room with Ron, Harry and Ginny, everything was right with her world. Suddenly she could feel Harry stop.

“Throw me out Mione.” His voice rang in her head.

She was kissing Harry at the base of the stairs to the top box last fall; she knew that Harry could feel her desperately wanting to tell him yes. She was screaming at Ron in the common room. “NEXT TIME ASK ME!” She was crying herself to sleep that same night. The pain as raw now as it had been then

No! I love him and he loves me! Hermione screamed in her head.

Hermione was in Harry’s head. His heart was screaming in agony as he fought with Voldemort using her and Ron as his strength. Harry threw her out, renewing his attack, digging deeper into her mind.

She was being failed in all of her classes, thrown out of Hogwarts. Her friends were leaving her. Ron was standing in front of her on Valentines Day. She had hurt him that day, not understanding just how much he loved her. Only this was her nightmare, Ron wasn’t forgiving her joke. He was leaving her. Harry seized on it, pounding it into her head that Ron had left her. She was dying, collapsing to the ground as he walked away from her, ignoring her cries, fading into the distance, never even looking back. She was standing in front of Ron and he was speaking to her. “With this ring, I Ronald Weasley, take you, Hermione Granger for my wife.”

Harry stopped his attack leaving her with the memory of Ron’s wedding vows. Hermione felt herself in Harry’s mind, he in hers.

“Force me out Mione. Empty you mind.” His voice came into her head. Harry could feel all of the memories flying around behind the thin white wall he was surrounded by. He didn’t try to attack any of them.

“How?” Hermione thought back to him. She couldn’t control her emotions. Harry had taken her from her lowest low to her highest high. It had been brutal when he moved into memories she did not want him to see.

“I know what you’re thinking, Mione, I’m sorry I hurt you.” Harry let her into his mind as he pushed the thought to her allowing the pain in his heart from hurting her to come to the surface creating a weak spot in the wall that was blocking her from going deeper.

Hermione felt it, his pain as deep as what she had felt when he ripped into her nightmare of Ron leaving her.

“I would never ask you to suffer more than I am willing to suffer myself, Mione, I’ll die first,” Harry pushed the thought into her mind.

“I know, Harry, that is why I trust you.”

“You are in my mind as much as I am in yours right now, Mione. I’m going to leave yours and let you stay in mine. Stay there as long as you can.” Hermione felt her mind clear she focused on staying in Harry’s mind. He was closing the hole he had opened for her. It was absolutely silent in the white expanse. She couldn’t breathe.

We need to get out of here! the voices screamed at her.

No, not yet! she screamed back at them. Hermione felt her strength fading.

There has to be something, she said desperately to herself. Harry released her from the trap that was his mind just before she collapsed to the floor, he caught her as she fell forward.

“Mione!” Ron yelled, jumping up to help Harry. “You went too far,” he snapped angrily at Harry. Harry didn’t try to defend himself.

“No, Love, I did it to myself. I refused to quit trying to get in his mind until I collapsed,” Hermione tried to calm Ron.

“I’m sorry, Ron,” Harry said quietly.

“Ronald, we have to get stronger. It hurts Harry as much as it does us. I know, Harry let me feel it,” Hermione said to him. Ron sighed.

“I know; I just can’t take seeing you hurt, Mione.”

“This is our life, Ronald. Your love for me must be strong enough to allow me to suffer. Voldemort is coming for all of us, not just Harry. Can you let him come for me if I am unprepared?” Ron closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“No, Mione. I’m sorry, Harry.”

“It’s ok, Ron. I know how you feel. I’m about to do the same thing to my wife,” Harry replied, hugging him. Hermione and Ginny joined them.

“How did this happen do us?” Ron asked after a few minutes.

“I don’t know, Ron, but when this is all done we are all going on a real honeymoon,” Harry replied. They stayed together for a long time.

“Maybe tonight we could all stay out here in front of the fireplace, kind of like this past Christmas Holiday,” Hermione said quietly.

“I’d like that, Hermione,” Ginny whispered.

“Yeah, that sounds good to me too,” Harry added.

“Me too,” Ron agreed.

“I think it’s my turn, Harry,” Ginny said a moment later as she stepped back from the group. Harry groaned to himself and turned to her.

“I can take anything you can give, don’t you dare hold back on me.” Ginny said to him. Her eyes were blazing away already, her wand leveled at him. Harry raised his wand at Ginny.

“Legilimens!” they said together

Harry could feel Ginny trying to enter his mind. At the same time she was fighting him, her mind a wall of white. Harry searched; she was draining him, not like Voldemort did but she had only just learned the secret of how to keep someone out. Tom had always just been able to enter her mind, forcing her to try and throw him out, a much more difficult thing to do. Harry found something.

Ginny was standing in front of the Mirror of Erised, seeing herself and Harry in it. She was sitting at her desk casting spells over her picture, attaching it to the back of a chocolate frog card of Albus Dumbledore. She was eleven years old again, killing the school rooster. Ginny was writing on the wall in blood. Tom was tormenting her while she did it, letting her have control and then taking it away again. Harry felt his stomach lurch with the rage that surged in Ginny. He could hear her screaming in his mind as she fought against Voledmort. Harry was only just able to cast a shield spell in his mind when she lashed out at him with a stunning spell

Ginny was in his mind, feeling her pain had weakened him, allowing her to find him behind the wall of white. Harry was standing at the bottom of the stairs to the top box at the quidditch field Hermione was leaning in to kiss him. Harry closed her out forcing his way back into Ginny’s mind.

Ginny was standing, watching Harry on his knees in front of her, holding a basilisk fang in his hand. She felt nothing as he collapsed from the poison that coursed through his body. Tom had her now, she was no longer herself, doomed to spend eternity, her soul being continually raped. Harry felt her hatred ripping through him driving him to his knees.

The image changed again. This time to the memory of a nightmare. Ginny was frantically trying to get out of the death chamber. Harry could hear her voice calling to her to wake up, and then breaking into sobs telling her it was too late that he was already dead. He watched her turnwalk through the veil. Harry was drowning in the pain he felt coming from Ginny. He desperately searched her mind for something good to leave them both with before letting her go.

There! the voices called to him

Ginny was lying with Harry in bed that morning watching him, he was sleeping. He could feel pure adoration for him, radiating from her memory.

What did we ever do to deserve that? the voices asked together.

Harry watched himself wake up and roll to face her. “Good morning, Husband.” He heard her saying. “I love you, Gin.” Harry stopped, retreating into her wall, letting the white surround him again.

“Throw me out, Gin,” he pushed the thought into her head.

“Tell me about Hermione’s kiss!” Ginny demanded back into his mind. Harry let the memory come to the surface of his mind.

He was sitting next to Hermione, she was waking up, they were walking down the stairs, her finger was on his lips. “Not an answer.” Hermione was kissing him again. “Thank you for loving me.” Hermione was running, Harry was chasing her, they were all eating breakfast when Cho came running towards them, her hair turned green and she crashed to the floor. Harry shut Ginny out again.

“She would have told you yes if you had let her,” Ginny gasped into his head.

“We both would have made a huge mistake,” Harry replied.

“You both would have been happy.”

“Maybe, but it would not have been what we each have now.” Harry felt himself struggling to stay in Ginny’s mind. She was incredibly strong draining him. He fought to keep his connection to her while pushing her out, knowing if he let her win that her wrath would be horrendous. She would rip into his mind without remorse demanding that he fight back. He lost all track of time for how long they fought each other finally he managed to find one thought she could not bury deep enough yet.

“I, Harry James Potter, offer myself as Husband. To you, Ginerva Molly Weasley, hold me forever.” Harry broke the connection for both of them.

“Damn!” Ginny grumbled at him before crossing the room and taking him in her arms.

“I thought you would be pleased that I won, Gin?”

“That doesn’t mean I have to like it when you do, Harry.”

“Did I meet your expectations, Gin?” Harry asked gazing into her eyes.

“It won’t be so easy next time, Potter.” Harry laughed, shaking his head at her.

“How can someone as tiny as you, be so strong, Gin?” Harry asked her quietly.

“You’re mother knew I would have to be strong when she picked me,” Ginny replied.

“Puhlezze, you two are worse than Ron and I have ever been,” Hermione said tossing a pillow at them. Harry caught it and then found his knees buckling as Ginny pressed her lips to his.

“Disgusting!” Ron said as he pulled Hermione to him.




Author's Note:

I take pretty big liberties with both legilimency and occlumencyin this chapter and the rest of my story. I'm not sure if this was what JKR had in mind when she came up with this stuff, and she hasn't really told us all the capabilities of these two skills yet.

Anyways, this is what I see the characters being able to do with this kind of magic. I hope you guys like it.