Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Mirror by Lishkish

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mirror
Chapter Eleven~~~The Secret of The Veil



Harry flew forward. He stumbled, and then crashed right into the wall. His glasses snapped at the nose piece. He winced, and then picked himself up off the ground. He pulled out his wand and tapped his glasses, "Reparo." But just as he put his glasses on to look at his surroundings, he was smashed back against the wall again.

He fell to the ground, and whoever had knocked him over was now lying on top of him. Harry looked up to see Ginny. The wind was nearly knocked from his lungs, not from the fall, but from the shock of seeing her there.

"Hello," she said brightly. Harry gaped. His eyes widened at the feeling of having Ginny Weasley lying on top of him.

"Comfy?" he asked. Ginny grinned.

"Very, do you know where we are?" she said, rolling off him and standing up. He got up to, adjusting his glasses. He looked around. They were in a hallway, it seemed, and the walls were made of stone.

"It kind of looks like..."

"Hogwarts!" Ginny provided. Harry nodded. Had the veil bring them back to Hogwarts?! That thought brought him to remembering the reason he jumped through the veil. His eyes swelled up with tears.

"I thought I was going to die..." Harry muttered dismally.

"Well, I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but you look very alive to me," Ginny said, frowning at him. Then Harry seemed to realize something.

"You're here!" Harry exclaimed. Ginny stared at him.

"What did that veil do to you?! Of course I'm here!"

"No, not that. I mean, you followed me through the veil, even when you thought we were going to die!" said Harry, realizing the full impact of Ginny's decision. She smiled.

"Well, I couldn't just sit back and watch you run to your death, really. Did you think that was going to bring Hagrid back? It's rather selfish of you if you ask me," Ginny said reprovingly. Harry glared.

"Selfish?" Harry said, his eyebrows knitting together.

"You heard me, selfish. What do you think Dumbledore and Ron and Hermione are thinking right now? They think we're dead. You have broken the hearts of many people, Harry. And what about Voldemort? If you had died, nobody would be able to kill him!" Harry stared. He had never even thought of all that stuff. The magnitude of it hit him. He dropped to the ground, staring hopelessly into the stone floor. Ginny sighed sadly. "I'm sorry Harry. I just...I miss Hagrid too." Harry sat there, his face showing the utmost melancholy.

"I'm so sorry," Harry said his voice crackling. "I'm sorry for everything. My parent’s death...my fault. Cedric’s death…my fault. Sirius' death...my fault. Hagrid's death...my fault. I just figured, everybody I care about, everybody that is anything to me, is taken away. They die, Ginny. They all die and in the end…In the end, I will die too. Voldemort is going to kick my ass, and there is no way I can stop him." Ginny had tears in her eyes. She put an arm around his shoulders.

"Harry...you have been able to beat Voldemort for the past six years. You haven't failed even once. You never will, because you are one of the strongest people I know. You love, Harry. You love your Parents, you love Cedric, you love Sirius, and you love Hagrid. Voldemort fights for hate, Harry. He feeds off of it. That is what he is fighting for, Harry. But what you fight for holds much more power, and that is why you will overcome; Because your love runs much deeper than his hate."

Harry was at a loss for words, and he felt remarkably better. He actually smiled. He pulled Ginny into a hug, and then kissed her. His heart tumbled out of control as Ginny started kissing him back. He ran his hands through her bright red hair. God, how he loved her!

"Ahem!" came a rather chipper voice.

"Damn," muttered Harry, smiling. Ginny laughed, but her smile vanished as she looked up. Harry followed her gaze. His heart leapt into his throat. Staring back at him with bright, twinkling eyes was Albus Dumbledore. This wasn't the Albus Dumbledore that Harry knew, however. The Albus Dumbledore he looked at seemed to be about twenty years younger!

"Professor Dumbledore!" squeaked Ginny in surprise. "What..." Harry stood up, and looked at him. Dumbledore smiled.

"Well, I hate to interrupt, but I'm afraid that you need to be moving along, before the Headmaster finds you two!" Then Dumbledore turned to walk away. Harry gaped.

"You mean...wait. Who is the Headmaster?" Harry asked, tentatively. Dumbledore turned, and frowned slightly.

"You don’t know who the Headmaster is? What is your name, boy?" Dumbledore asked.

"Don't...don't you know me? I'm Harry Potter." Dumbledore's eyes narrowed.

"Are you a brother of James Potter?" Dumbledore asked. Ginny gasped then.

"Harry..." Ginny whispered, "I think...I think we're in the past!" Harry stared. He looked at the young Dumbledore, and was strongly reminded of when he had gone back in time by Riddle's diary.

"I think you're right, Ginny. Please, professor. Is the headmaster Armando Dippet?" Harry asked. Dumbledore nodded, and then he looked straight into Harry's eyes.

"Lily..." Dumbledore muttered. His face etched with shock and realization. "Potter..." Harry glanced sideways at Ginny.

"Should we explain?" Harry asked Ginny. She shrugged. "Alright then. This might sound crazy to you, but I'm Harry Potter. My mother's name was Lily Evans, and my father's name was James Potter. This is Ginny Weasley, her mother is Molly Prewett and her father is Arthur Weasley." Dumbledore nearly fell over at all of this outrageous information.

"You have Lily's eyes, and James' hair. But, I still don't know if I can believe you," Dumbledore admitted, looking over Ginny. He smiled. "Red hair… just like…Arthur?" Ginny grinned and nodded.

"What can we do to prove it to you?" Ginny asked. Dumbledore frowned. What could he possibly ask them? Then it dawned on him.

"I haven't told anybody this. In the future I plan to form an Anti-Voldemort group and call it..."

"The Order," Harry provided. Dumbledore smiled, and nodded.

"Come to my office, I think we need to talk," Dumbledore said, still eyeing them warily. Ginny smiled encouragingly at Harry.

When they got to the office, Harry saw a baby Phoenix perched on a golden rod.

"Hullo, Fawkes," Ginny cooed, petting the bright bird. Dumbledore stared. Harry realized that there was a lot of explaining to do. He sat down and Dumbledore followed. Ginny and Harry explained the best they could, and by the time the were finished, Dumbledore was staring at them without blinking.

"So now you need to know how to get out..." Dumbledore concluded. Harry shrugged, but Ginny nodded vigorously.

"Can't you just transport us there or something?" Ginny suggested. Dumbledore smiled.

"I'm afraid that spell doesn't help in the case of time-travel," Dumbledore said. Harry nodded.

"Then how will we get out?" Harry asked. Dumbledore frowned in thought.

"I don't know. Are you carrying anything at all that has an identical twin back in the future? Do you have a pair of socks that are exactly the same? Anything?" Dumbledore said, obviously with an idea now. Harry and Ginny thought hard. Harry didn't have anything the same. He looked at Ginny, who shook her head. "You have nothing that is the same?" Dumbledore asked, slightly desperate.

"Nope, I don't even have a matching bracelet or anything!" Ginny said hopelessly.

"Me either. Sorry professor. But how would that have helped us anyway?" Harry asked.

“Well, I won’t be able to transport you using a spell, but…there might be another way. If you had something that had a twin back in normal time, I could put a spell on that article, telling it to go back to it’s twin. I’ve never tried it, but, if I put a sticking spell on you two and the item, it should be forced to take you along with it, even if it meant taking you through time,” Dumbledore explained. Harry and Ginny stared.

“Wait, why can’t it be something like a chair from the great hall? It has a twin in the future!” Ginny said excitedly. Dumbledore shook his head, and Ginny’s face fell.

“I’m afraid the object must belong to one of the people that were taken from that time,” Dumbledore said sadly. Harry closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

“This is insane…going back to the past…I’m glad you believe us though, professor. Even though we do sound mad…” Harry said. Dumbledore froze.

“Yes…yes you would sound insane. Just like…hold on...this reminds me of something that happened almost a year ago! A man showed up...right where I found you two!" Dumbledore stood up, his eyes wide with realization. "He claimed to be from the future, just as you two. I didn't bother with him, because he was an adult but...I do remember him looking almost exactly like…" Harry leapt to his feet, knocking his chair backwards.

"SIRIUS! SIRIUS BLACK!" Harry yelled in excitement. He face was bright red. Ginny stood up slowly, not daring to believe it. Dumbledore smiled.

"Yes, yes that's what he said. Gave the younger Sirius Black quite a spook! Is he a friend of yours?" Dumbledore asked. Harry leapt up in the air; this was the happiest day of his life.

"Where is he? I want to see him right away!" Harry enthused. Dumbledore frowned, and Harry's heart dropped a notch. What had happened this time?

"I'm afraid, the Headmaster thought the man unstable. Black was sent to St. Mungo's. He has been there for almost a year now..." Dumbledore said. Harry's heart broke. Sirius had spent thirteen years in Azkaban, only to be put in St. Mungo's. Harry glared, as did Ginny.

"Don't worry, Harry we'll get him out," Ginny said reassuringly.

"I'm afraid, Miss Weasley, that it isn't that easy," Dumbledore said sadly. "He would need to be released by the Headmaster, and I'm afraid we won't get him to believe that he really DID come from the future." Then Harry realized something.

"Dumbledore...would the hospital take a mirror away from him? If they found it?" Harry asked. Dumbledore looked at him curiously.

"It depends on what kind of mirror. If they see that it is a potential weapon, they might put it away in some closet for when, if ever, the patient is released. Why do you ask?" Dumbledore said.

"Well, if that's true. I may have just found our way out. Sirius had a two-way mirror with him. I have an identical one in the future!" Ginny clapped, and Dumbledore smiled triumphantly.

"That is wonderful, Harry! But there is still the issue of getting to him. He showed a great deal of violence when he was first received, making it impossible for you to get in to see him. But...wait. I might be able to write some letters to some important people...yes. I might be able to get you in to see him in...maybe a few months, if we're lucky."

"A few months?!" Ginny cried. Dumbledore sighed.

"It's the best I can do. But until that time, you two are
Gryffindor exchange students. You may keep your first names, but I'm afraid your last names just won't do. Harry, your last name will be Brown. Ginny, your last name will be Johnson. Also, Harry, your eye color has to go. It's too obvious." Harry nodded, and Dumbledore raised his wand. "Pigmenttora!" he yelled. Harry's eyes watered badly. Dumbledore handed him a mirror. Harry saw green liquid running down his face, he was crying away his eye color! It was the most bizarre thing he had ever seen. His green eyes were quickly replaced with dark brown eyes. He looked very different. Ginny stared at him. Dumbledore smiled.

“One more thing…your scar. Where did you get it? Oh…wait don’t tell me. I shouldn’t know yet, if ever.” Dumbledore smiled, and raised his wand and tapped Harry’s forehead. Harry grinned.

“I sure won’t miss that thing. Is it permanent?” Harry asked eagerly. Dumbledore laughed.

“No, I will take it off you if and when you go back to your own time,” Dumbledore explained.

"Wow," was all Ginny could say. Dumbledore guided them to the door.

"Now, Harry Brown, Ginny Johnson, off to dinner you go. Remember, nobody must know! Oh! I almost forgot...Harry, you will need to take this potion every twenty four hours to keep your eyes brown. It is essential that you do so. Good luck!" with that he whisked them out the door. Harry stared at Ginny, who was transfixed by his eyes.

"I miss your green eyes," she pouted, jokingly. Harry laughed. "I can't believe we have to wait so long to find Sirius! It's unbelievable. But he is alive, Harry!" Harry grinned. This was definitely the most wonderful news he had heard since his "death."

"We are not going to wait that long, though," Harry said matter-of-factly.

"We're not?" Ginny said confused. Harry shook his head.

"We are going to break into the Ministry of Magic, steal the mirror, and rescue Sirius," Harry announced.

"Oh, alright...but can we eat dinner first?"