Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Mirror by Lishkish

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Mirror
Chapter Twelve~~~Family Reunion


Harry and Ginny were walking towards the Great Hall, chatting and looking around them in awe. They were about to turn the corner when Harry heard voices coming down the hall. He and Ginny froze. They knew those voices.

“That was a nice touch, Padfoot,” a very rich, dark toned voice sad.

“Couldn’t have done it without you, Prongs. Did you see the look on his face?” another voice said, laughing deeply, with a rather rough, scratchy voice.

“You guys really shouldn’t have done that. You could have gotten in trouble,” a calmer, cooler voice chided.

“I think it was brilliant,” a different voice squeaked.

“See Moony, Wormtail agrees with us. You’re…” but the voice broke off as they turned the corner to see Harry and Ginny standing dumb-struck, listening to their conversation. Harry’s mouth nearly dropped off his face as he stared up at the sixteen year-old James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and standing in the back, Peter Pettigrew.

“Hello,” Sirius said, grinning. “Wait…” he then frowned, taking in their robes.

“You’re Gryffindors? How come I’ve never seen you before?” James asked. Remus glanced side-ways at Remus, taking in Harry’s resemblance to James. Ginny looked at Harry, wondering what they could say.

“We’re exchange students,” she supplied.

“I didn’t know Hogwarts had exchange-students,” Remus said, frowning. “Where are you from?”

“Uhhh…” Harry said, looking at Ginny.

“Brazil,” she said, wincing at her stupidity.

“Brazil…?” James said, glancing oddly at Sirius who covered a snort. “Right…”

“Yeah,” Harry said uncomfortably.

“So…My name’s Sirius Black. What’s yours?” Sirius said grinning and eyeing Ginny. Harry tried not to burst out laughing. Ginny grimaced. Sirius was checking her out?!

“Ginny…Johnson. And this is Harry Brown,” Ginny said uncomfortably, glaring at Sirius. The pervert.

“I’m James Potter,” James said, smiling widely as he saw Sirius looking at the new girl. This here is Remus and the one hiding behind him is Peter.”

“I wasn’t hiding!” Peter squeaked indignantly.

“What is going on here? You’re not harassing anybody, are you Potter?” came a new, yet familiar voice. Harry’s eyes watered slightly. His mother. Lily Evans rounded the corner, her long red hair swinging behind her. Her bright green eyes shot to Harry, and then to James, noticing their resemblance. Harry rolled his eyes, this wasn’t good. “Who are you two? I’ve never seen you around.”

“Of course I wasn’t harassing anybody, Lily,” James said, giving her his most winning smile. She rolled her eyes.

“I don’t remember giving you permission to use my first name, Potter,” Lily said raising her eyebrows, but Harry could see she was amused. James grinned and bowed deeply.

“Please forgive me Miss Evans. And allow me to introduce Harry Brown and Ginny Johnson,” he said, standing up straighter and running his hand through his hair. Lily smiled brightly at them.

“I’m Lily Evans! I’m pleased to meet you. I am the Gryffindor Prefect, along with Remus, so if you ever have any questions, just as me, alright?” Harry stared in awe, still not having moved. All he could do was nod. “Where are you from? Why are you at Hogwarts?”

“They’re exchange students,” Sirius said mockingly. “From Brazil…” he said, grinning sloppily. Ginny blushed, feeling more and more like an idiot for saying they were from Brazil. Lily shot an odd look at James.

“Brazil?” she asked looking oddly at James, who shrugged. James seemed to realize that Harry was staring at Lily, and frowned slightly. Was this new kid trying to steal his girl?

“Hold on…You’re a Prefect too!” Remus said, staring at Harry’s Prefect Badge. Lily’s eyes danced with excitement.

“Oh! But this is wonderful! We can have three Gryffindor Prefects!” she said excitedly. James grinned, obviously taking pleasure in her happiness, but Harry also spotted a bit of jealousy.

“Come on, let’s go eat,” Sirius said, clutching his stomach as if starving. Lily nodded and they all went down to the dinner table. As they ate, the suspicious looks towards Harry and Ginny decreased, and they began to talk normally. Harry and James, of course hit it off great. They had the exact same interests, and kept doing things or saying things simultaneously. Also, to Harry’s delight, Ginny got on well with Lily. They also had much of the same interests, although Lily was much more straight laced than Ginny, who was a bit of a rebel. Harry smiled as they enjoyed each other’s company, and then even more when he was able to talk to his father.

“is it just me, or does or new friend seem to be an exact replica of Jamesie,” Sirius muttered under his breath as Harry and James both simultaneously leaned back in their chairs the same way.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. What do you reckon?” Remus asked, eyeing them. Sirius shrugged.

“Do you think they could be spies?” he asked.

“I don’t know. We’ll definitely have to keep an eye on them,” Remus said.

“I think that we should…” Sirius began, but was interrupted by Harry.

“could you pass the butter Snuffles?” Harry asked casually, still chatting with James. All of the Marauders, Ginny and Lily froze. Harry stopped, and it was a couple of minutes before he realized his mistake. He resisted the urge to slap himself in the forehead.

“Did you just call me…Snuffles?!” Sirius asked in a hushed whisper. Harry shook his head.

“No,” he said.

“Yes you did,” Remus said, sitting up straighter. James stared in accusation.

“How did you know I called him Snuffles? Nobody knows that nickname except the Marauders,” he said. Harry shook his head.

“I heard you guys saying it in the hall earlier,” Harry said, trying to sound unconcerned.

“No you didn’t. We only use that name when we’re on holidays,” Peter said. Harry held his stomach.

“I’m not feeling very well. If you’ll excuse me,” he said, and rushed off. He walked quickly past the house tables, and once he was out of sight he began running towards the Common Room. He managed to get in by asking a fellow Gryffindor the password, saying he was Prefect. Once inside he sat down on one of the chairs and laid his head in his hands. He had really blown it. A few minutes later Ginny burst into the room, fuming.

“How could you just do that to me?! Leaving me by myself to explain!” she said angrily.

“Sorry,” Harry muttered. “What did you tell them?”

“I said that you had jet-lag, and just needed some rest,” Ginny said, sitting down beside him.

“Did they believe you?”

“Well, first I had to explain what jet-lag was. I think they thought I made it up. Anyways, we are definitely on their watch list,” Ginny said, looking stressed. “Honestly, you could have come up with a better excuse than a stomach ache.”

“Well, you try having your dead parents sprang at you. It’s not exactly fun,” Harry muttered. Ginny put her arm around him.

“It’s going to be ok, Harry. You’d better get upstairs and act like you’re asleep, before they come back,” she said soothingly. Harry nodded, and then started walking towards the stairs. He stopped however, turning around and running back to her quickly. He kissed her on the lips, before smiling and sprinting back up the stairs just before the portrait hole opened.

The next morning Harry woke up, very confused about where he was at first. He saw that everybody else was gone already, and sat up. He put on his glasses, and looked in the mirror. His bright green eyes stared at him. He quickly pulled out his potion, and drank it. His green eyes melted down his face once again, and he went down the stairs.

The next few weeks passed without any problems, and classes were pretty easy. Nobody knew who they were, except possible a few teachers, and of course Dumbledore. They said they were exchange students and left it at that. One Friday evening, they all slumped back to the Common Room, looking foreword to the weekend.

“Anybody up for a game of Truth or Dare?” James asked jovially. Everybody shrugged, Lily looking around apprehensively. “Prefect duties can wait, Lily. Let’s just have some fun, alright?” James added softly. She nodded, and then smiled. James grinned, realizing he had just gotten away with calling her Lily.

“Ok, I’ll go first. Sirius,” James asked, sitting down on a couch. “Truth or Dare?”

“Dare,” Sirius said grinning, and so the game went. Sirius and James seemed to be mainly testing each other. Until finally, Lily rolled her eyes.

“This game is more than just you two, you know. You need to include everybody. Alright, I’m going to ask Harry. Truth or Dare?” Harry’s heart sank. He hated to be called on.

“Dare,” Harry said, thinking that Lily’s dares wouldn’t be so bad.

“Alright, I dare you to…” but she broke off, staring at Harry. James looked worriedly at her. He grabbed her hand out of instinct.

“Lily? Are you alright?” he said, and then followed her gaze. Soon the whole room was staring at Harry. Harry felt something slowly creeping down his cheeks. He cursed himself. He had forgotten to take the potion. James looked at Harry’s now green eyes. Then he looked at Lily’s green eyes.

“You have the exact same eyes as Lily!” James said, leaping up. Sirius snarled, pulling out his wand.

“What is going on?” he barked. Remus also had his wand out. James was still looking dumb-struck, holding Lily’s hand. Harry looked at Ginny for help.

“If you don’t tell us, we will force it out of you. I swear!” Sirius yelled hotly, brandishing his wand.

“I know where they keep the Veritiserum,” Lily said coolly. James seemed to snapback to reality, and finally pulled out his wand, slowly pointing it at Harry and Ginny in turn.

“We can’t tell them!” Ginny said.

“Lily, go get the Veritiserum,” James said. Harry shook his head.

“We have to Ginny. They will make us anyways,” he said. A little part of him wanted to tell them anyways. “Go ahead and sit down. This is going to be a long story,” Harry said. Everybody sat down, still pointing their wands at Harry. “I’m Harry Potter. And this is Ginny Weasley. You, James, are my dad. You, Lily, are my mum.” There was a large gasp at this, and many outrageous remarks. But, Harry kept explaining, the odd story coming out of his mouth in a rush.

"I know you're a werewolf, Remus. And I know that James, Peter, and Sirius are all Animagi. once a month you guys go out and fool around as animals. I know that James has loved Lily ever since he first came to Hogwarts, and that he has regretted treating Snape the way he did, because it pushed her away. I know that Lily tries to avoid him like the plague, but I'm sure she feels the same way about James as he does aout her. She is afraid of her own emotions. Sirius, you're just a big play boy, but that's okay, you'll grow out of it. Remus, you always feel guilty about letting James and Sirius get away with stuff, because you are a Prefect. I know all of this because you told me, in the future...." Harry continued. Trying not to sound too insane. Before long, they had heard the story. There was a complete silence when he finished, and Harry waited. How would they react now?