Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 12 Trophies

The next morning at breakfast, Professor Lupin went around handing out their schedules. Ron, Hermione, and Harry all had a free period first thing while Ginny would have to be in Potions. She would be joined later by the three for her second class in Potions. Then, all four would be in Defense Against the Dark Arts together. Harry noticed that for the first month, he would be conducting the first and second year classes of D.A.D.A, while Hermione had the third and fourth, Ron the Fifth, and with Ginny the combined sixth and seventh year.

Harry and the rest settled into a routine by the end of the week. On Saturday morning after breakfast, he asked the other three to meet him in their common room. The common room was absolutely amazing; like the Room of Requirement, it configured itself to whatever the group needed. The previous night there were two tables for doing homework, and this morning it had two sofas. Harry and Ginny sat together on one while the Weasley’s occupied the other.

Harry waited for everyone to settle down before he proceeded with his announcement. He informed the three that he had found a new part of the ability they shared. He explained that he could remember everything important that went on in class. Hermione was the first to show doubt in her face so Harry asked, “Hermione, ask me a question about anything we had in class this week?”

Hermione thought this was an odd request, but proceeded with, “What plant did Professor Sprout talk about that could help cure Dragon Pox?”

Harry went on to tell Hermione everything Professor Sprout had said about Moon Daisies. Hermione’s face went from wonderment to shock as Harry recited what Professor Sprout said verbatim. When Harry finished, Hermione wondered aloud, “How did you do that?”

“I can remember everything that was said in class that is important. When Professor Tonks was telling Dean the way to correct his wand motion, well, I can’t remember what she said to him, but I can remember her exact words on how to do the spell correctly. Once again, I like to teach you this new talent.”

Harry spent the rest of the morning teaching Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Well, he hoped he was teaching them because he couldn’t think of a way to test this talent until Ron came up with an idea. Ron went into his and Hermione’s room and came back with his collection of Chocolate Frogs cards. Harry read aloud ten wizards’ and witches’ facts and then asked each of them to recite a different one. Everyone repeated the card information word for word.

The most benefit element of this talent was that none of the four needed to study very hard, which left them plenty of free time to discuss the topic of the Horcruxes.

Harry was the first to enter the small common room that he and Ginny shared with Ron and Hermione. He was soon followed by the rest for what was fast becoming an every Saturday morning event. Ron and Hermione were discussing their Potions essay that was due Monday. Ginny was completing her Charms essay, while Harry was rereading his notes from his Transfiguration class. Everyone was done in less than an hour.

Ron voiced what Harry was thinking himself, “I wish we had this talent when we started back in first year and on. Sure makes homework easier, not to mention how easy tests are going to be. If I don’t know an answer, all I have to do is ask Hermione for the answer!”

Hermione’s face went blank, then you could see the anger building until she stated very sternly, “Ronald, you will NOT use this ability to cheat on tests!”

Ron gulped and stuttered, “Hermione, I was only joking.”

Harry couldn’t hide his chuckling while Ginny was gnawing her lower lip almost in two trying not to laugh. Finally, Harry got control of his emotions and asked Ginny to brief them on what Hermione and she had found out.

Ginny, still trying not to giggle, began briefing the group, “Hermione went through the last couple of months of reports on Death Eater activity that the Order has collected. She was able to determine that all the attacks, in this period, were conducted by what Harry refers to as the ‘non-graveyard’ members. It seems the ‘graveyard’ members have gone into hiding, to include Draco, his mother, and Snape. This is not to say they were not there, just not actively participating in the attacks, like at the Burrow. I still believe the leader was Snape. I just can’t prove it!” she concluded.

Harry smiled at Ginny and took her hand, “I have another piece of information that will relate to that information,” Harry explained. “While reviewing all the memories of Dumbledore and me from last year, I found another curious statement Dumbledore made that I think is more important than I first realized. Dumbledore said that ‘Tom likes to collect trophies’.”

“Harry, we know that, that was what he made the Horcruxes out of,” Hermione interjected.

Harry smiled, “Hermione, take it a little further. He likes to collect trophies! Remember he even took items from the kids in the orphanage and with everything else he has done, that is a lot of trophies to be carrying around.” Harry paused, watching Hermione work through to where Harry was leading them. Calmly, before Hermione exploded with the answer, Harry said, “He has to have someplace to keep his trophies!”

Harry gently squeezed Ginny’s hand knowing that she would come to the same conclusion as him. Ginny whispered rather loudly, “The Chamber of Secrets!”

Her hand was trembling as Harry looked into her eyes. Harry softly went on, “Unfortunately, I have the feeling that we will have to go into the Chamber to confront Tom and the rest of the Death Eaters.”

“Harry, I’m fine. I just wasn’t ready for that!” Ginny assured Harry.

“Ginny, I love you, but I just can’t think of a way to avoid the Chamber,” Harry apologized.

“Don’t Harry, this time I’ll be going there on my own, not controlled by Tom and the diary,” Ginny said defiantly.


Ron protested, “Harry, you and Ginny have been to the Chamber, but you didn’t tell us about anyplace to keep trophies!”

Harry looked at Ron, “Well, actually, I don’t think we were in the Chamber. Thinking about the cave, I think we were only in the outer chamber. I believe Myrtle’s bathroom is the gate like the wall in the cave. Where I found Ginny is like the shore of the cave, the outer chamber. I don’t think Tom was able to get into the inner Chamber due to it needing a willing blood offering that he was unable to give due to his non-physical state at the time. The reason I feel there is an inner chamber is because the Basilisk came out of the statue’s mouth.”

Harry nodded at Hermione and explained, “This is also why I’m starting to believe Hermione is right about the Horcruxes being easy to find. I think the last two are in the Chamber and I don’t think Tom knows about the ring being destroyed,” Harry stressed with a sly smile.

“What brings you to that conclusion, Harry?” Hermione demanded.

“At the time, Tom, Dumbledore, and I were the only ones to know that the Gaunt ring was one of the Horcruxes. Now you three do and I’m sure that Professor Slughorn realizes that we were looking for Horcruxes but not actually what they are. I got the impression that Dumbledore told Snape he got his injury from the battle in the Atrium of the Ministry of Magic, so Snape would only be able to report to Tom that Dumbledore was injured, not how he got the wound. So, we are the only ones to know the ring was destroyed,” Harry said leaning back on the sofa and gently kissing Ginny’s shoulder.

All three were nodding their heads slowly as they digested this bit of information. Harry proposed one bit more of information, “One last thing, there has to be a second entrance to the Chamber, or we would have seen Death Eaters going in and out of Myrtle’s bathroom!”

“Harry, you are not planning on just us four to go into the Chamber, are you?” Hermione stammered after a few minutes of silence.

“Ah…No Hermione, we will have every member of the Order plus Dumbledore’s Army too. I think its time to restart the D.A.,” Harry informed them with a serious tone. “I already asked Neville and Luna and they agreed to help us with the D.A. We have a meeting this afternoon after Quidditch practice with Professor McGonagall to work out the details.”

“Ron, start thinking of ways to use the Order and the D.A. in the Chamber,” Harry directed. Ron just nodded his head, already thinking of different strategies.

“Ginny, while Ron is working on that, would you work out some lesson plans for three different groups, the first and second years together, the third and fourth years together, and one for the fifth, sixth, and seventh years together. Hopefully, we can convince Professor McGonagall to allow us one hour three days a week, so you are going to have to make a schedule of meeting dates, too,” Harry stated.

Ginny gave Harry a confused look, why her, this was just the thing Hermione was great at. Harry just looked at her until Ginny nodded her head.

“Hermione, will you help me with a little research project?” Harry quizzed.

“Sure, Harry,” Hermione answered, confused too, as it was usually Ginny and her doing the research.

“Please come with me,” Harry stated as he went to Ginny’s and his bedroom. Both Ron and Ginny were puzzled. This was the first time since the funeral that Harry wasn’t being open about what he was up to.

After closing the door, Harry indicated Hermione to sit at the foot of the bed while he sat at the head. Harry came straight to the point, “Hermione, we all know that there is one Horcrux that Dumbledore couldn’t identify and well, I’m beginning to think it is my scar!” Hermione’s face went white with shock. Harry continued, “I have been searching each and every memory, the good as well as the bad, trying to find something else to help in the fight against Tom. A couple of days ago, I found a part of my mind that I can’t access, a barrier I can’t get through. I would like you go into my mind and see if you can get past the barrier and see if it is a part of Tom in me.”

Hermione protested, “Harry, don’t you think it would be better for Ginny to do this? I mean…”

Harry tried to laugh, “I know, Hermione. You are going to see my first kiss, my first…ah…all the things the Dursleys did to me, Cedric’s death, everything. I thought about it and you are the better choice. I don’t want Ginny seeing and realizing what the Dursleys did to me. Can you imagine what Ginny would do the Dursleys once she saw those memories?” Harry said, trying to laugh but failing.

Hermione stared hard at Harry for a few minutes before she agreed. “Where is this barrier at, Harry?”

Harry paled, “It seems to move. When I find it, it is usually attached to a bad memory from my very distant past, mainly my parent’s death, but I have found it attached to Cedric’s death. That is why you are going to have to hunt for it.”

Hermione gasped, “Harry, you better lie down.” Harry stretched out while Hermione got comfortable at the foot of the bed. “Okay, Harry, drop your barrier.”

At first it was a pleasant experience as the most recent memories were all nice. As Hermione improved her method of viewing the memories, they started going by faster and faster until even Harry was having a hard time keeping up. Finally, Hermione sensed she was getting near the barrier as the memories started slowing down. A short time later Harry heard a scream and he passed out.

Harry awoke to Ginny holding his head and tears falling on his cheek. Harry saw Ron trying to wake up Hermione and then Harry noticed Grorn in the room.

“What happen?” Harry groaned.

Ginny growled, “We heard a scream and when we got here, both of you were passed out. Grorn arrived almost immediately. He snapped his fingers and you woke up, but he refuses to wake Hermione up!”

Grorn demanded, “Mr. Harry Potter, what is going on? Why was she in your mind?”

Harry’s temper began to rise. “Hermione was helping me find out why there is a part of my memory I can’t access. She was in my mind at my invitation.”

Grorn took a few seconds, staring hard at Harry before he said, “Okay,” then Grorn snapped his fingers and Hermione was instantly awake.

Hermione started, “Harry, what…,” but Harry held up a hand.

“Grorn, I want to know what this is all about. I want to know all the little secrets you have been keeping from me,” Harry said, barely controlling his temper.

Grorn started speaking in a very flat tone, “When Sir Potter and Gringotts first signed the contract, each wanted to safeguard the future of the contract, so hence the RING on Mrs. Ginny Potter’s hand. The RING has three different charms in it. The first charm, as you saw in Professor McGonagall’s office, tests the true intentions of the bride to be. The second charm ensures the first child born will be male. The ring will not come off until a son is born.”

Ginny, startled at this news, tried to pull the RING off but just as it reached the tip of her finger, it slipped from her grasp and flew down her finger to settle at its proper place. Grorn bravely stood his ground as both Harry and Ginny’s temper began to boil. Grorn continued, “The third charm is performed right after your son is born. The RING will verify the son is suitable, mainly being a wizard and then places that barrier in the son’s mind. It is really three charms, one will prevent you from being placed and staying under the Imperious Curse and the second will not allow you to do anything to harm Gringotts.”

Ginny’s temper had finally reached the boiling point, “What about the third one, Grorn?”

Grorn gave the impression of a small smile. “There is a special room in Gringotts that only I and the current Mr. and Mrs. Potter can enter. There is a book, ink, and a quill that records everything that happens to Mr. Harry Potter. I have seen up to four different books in that room and hope to see it contain at least two more soon,” Grorn finished pleadingly.

Ginny’s temper was slowly dropping, but Harry realized she was still a long way from being calm again when she asked, “Grorn, this is not the first time someone has been in Harry’s mind. Why did this happen today?”

Grorn answered, “That was Sir Potter’s part of the contract. Gringotts was to do the charm I did back in Professor McGonagall’s office. Sir Potter did the Fidelius Charm on himself and the Ring so that each Potter would be the secret keeper for the barrier. No one will know the barrier is there unless Mr. Harry Potter tells them. You know about the barrier, but not where it is, right?”

Ginny nodded slowly.

Harry, thinking about the books realized that from what he has been told, there hasn’t been four generations of Potters alive in a long time. Harry blurted out the first thing that came to his mind, “How old are you, Grorn?”

Grorn answered, “I’m only the third Goblin to be called Gringotts.” With that, Grorn bowed and left just as quickly as he arrived.

Harry looked at the three, “Let’s go to lunch and I will explain everything that went on in here!”

A/N Chapter 13 Lessons of Life