Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 15 Breakfast

Tonks looked around at the dense growth of trees that were to the front and sides of her and Remus. “Remus, where are we?”

Remus gave her a half smile, “We are just outside Sherwood Forest. There is a community of werewolves that live there. This is where I used to come during the full moon before I started getting the Wolfsbane Potion.” Remus stopped just short of the forest. Looking at Tonks, “Are you sure you want to do this?” Remus asked.

Tonks took a few deep breaths before answering, “Yes.”

“Okay. Keep your hand on your wand, but do not show it unless I do. Avoid direct eye contact and stand your ground. Do not let them intimidate you,” Remus lectured.

“Remus! Why are you warning me of werewolves when the full moon is still a week away?” Tonks asked.

“Of course there are no werewolves. Some of the less enlighten witches and wizards allow their wolf personality to take over more than they should,” Remus explained with a sour look on his face. Remus took Tonks hand and led her to a spot in the trees. Walking straight ahead, Tonks was mildly surprised to walk right through a magical gate.

“You are not welcome here, Remus!” The voice came from a huge, rough looking wizard who stood about four inches taller than everyone else.

“Hello, Jerry. How have you been?” Remus addressed a man about his age. Tonks noticed the tension in Remus’ voice.

“I said you are not welcome Remus,” Jerry said through clenched teeth.

“Why is that Jerry?”

“You killed Greyback.”

“Greyback was going to attack some children that night. I could not allow him to do that. Even you agreed with me not so long ago that children shall not be attacked. Has Voldemort tainted you that much Jerry?” Remus asked. A small crowd had started to gather around the two as they continued to discuss events.

“Voldemort will allow us to take our rightful place in society once he is in power,” Jerry shot back to Remus.

“Jerry, you were in Ravenclaw, so, I know that you are more intelligent than that. You and I both know that Voldemort will never allow us to be part of his rule. All we ever will be is his lapdogs to do his dirty work for him,” Remus declared.

“Then, how else will we ever be accepted into society?” asked an older woman from the crowd.

“Claire! So are you the Alpha now?” Remus requested.

“Yes, Remus, I took over when Chris died.”

“I’m sorry, Claire. He was a good man.” Claire bowed her head slightly to Remus. Remus again addressed the small crowd. “Well, a good start would be to use the Wolfsbane potion,” Remus answered her.

“Wolfsbane potion is too expensive. None of us can afford to pay for that potion. Besides, the potion doesn’t keep someone from changing to a werewolf,” she boasted.

“No, it does not keep you from changing, but Professor Slughorn has improved the potion. Some of you remember Professor Slughorn from your days at Hogwarts,” Remus nodded to some of the older people in the crowd. “When I take the potion now, I sleep the whole night through. I no longer fear that I will harm anyone. “

Jerry yelled, “Bollocks!”

Tonks spoke up for the first time, “It is true. I have watched Remus since this summer. After he transforms, he curls up into a ball in the corner and sleeps the night through. The potion allows Remus to recovers a lot quicker than before too. “

“And just who are you?” Claire asked in a sarcastic voice.

“I am his mate!” The silence this statement produced was creepy. Everyone in the crowd was stunned due to Tonks’ use of the word ‘mate’ instead of the word ‘wife.’

Claire whispered, “But, you are not a werewolf.”

“No, I am not. That doesn’t keep me from loving him,” Tonks proudly proclaimed.

Jerry again spoke trying to keep the argument going, “Still doesn’t make the potion any cheaper or allow us to get jobs!”

Remus smiled and Tonks noticed some of the tension ease out of his face. “Not anymore.”

“What do you mean?” called a young woman from the back of the crowd. Remus turned to the voice and was shocked. Remus could not believe the first girl he fancied was here.

“April! What are you doing here?” Remus choked out.

“I was one of the last Greyback bit before you killed him. I want my life back, Remus! I want to go home to my husband. What did you mean, ‘Not anymore’?”

Remus reached over and grasped Tonks’ hand, “Our godson, Harry Potter, has promised me that when he defeats Voldemort he will open a store to brew the Wolfsbane potion and sell it to us for a small fee. He also stated that he will get the unfair laws against werewolves revoked so we can get jobs again.”

Jerry still wasn’t going to allow the argument to end, “Just how is Mr. Harry Potter supposed to do this?”

“Once Harry defeats Voldemort, he will be a hero right up there with the likes of Dumbledore. The Minister will not be able to refuse anything that Harry wants done. If Minister Scrimgeour does refuse, Harry will simply have him replaced. Further, Minister Scrimgeour will not be able to keep the laws from being revoked once it becomes common knowledge that the werewolf community helped Harry Potter defeat Voldemort,” Remus finished with a smile.

“Still, no one will trust us. We will not be able to get any good jobs,” Jerry said still trying to win the argument.

“I have a good job now. I am a professor at Hogwarts. Yes I understand that most of us will not be so fortunate. Still our children will have it easier than us. By the time our grandchildren get here, most of the prejudice against their parents and grandparents being werewolves will be gone,” Remus said with confidence.

“What do you mean, ‘our children’? I don’t recall you having any children, Remus,” Jerry said heartily, sensing victory.

Again Tonks spoke, “But, he does. I am carrying his pup!”

“Aren’t you worried about the baby?” asked Claire.

“No. There is nothing wrong with his seed, just his blood.”

The old woman looked at Tonks for a long time before asking, “Why are you coming to us with this information now?”

Remus informed the crowd, “We are fairly certain that Voldemort will in the near future be asking that you join forces with him. We are here to ask you to join with Harry Potter instead.”

“What guarantee do we have that Harry Potter will do all you say?” she asked.

“You have my word and Harry’s promise. I have known him a while now and have never seen him break a promise. Can you say the same thing about Voldemort?”

“When will you need a decision?”

Remus looked worried, “Today or no later than tomorrow.”

Meanwhile back at the Burrow, Molly, Arthur, Dobby, and the Minister were sitting around the kitchen table. The two young couples had already gone up to bed. The twins went upstairs soon after closely followed by Bill and Fleur.

“Why are you doing this, Arthur?” Minister Scrimgeour asked.

Arthur took his glasses off and wiped them on his robes. Putting his glasses back on he said, “Mainly because I believe in him.”

“Why do you, Arthur?” Minister Scrimgeour pleaded.

“One good reason is that he saved my life a few years ago. Even better reason is that he saved Ginny’s life when he was only twelve years old. But, the best reason is that I just trust him. I have seen that young man do many extremely good things. Did you know that during the battle in the Ministry of Magic a few years ago that he tried to curse Bellatrix, but his heart is so pure that he couldn’t?”

“No. I didn’t know that. Why do you trust him, but he doesn’t trust you or Molly or me?”

“Well, I think that is the result of a mistake Dumbledore made with his dealings with Harry. Dumbledore never revealed all the information Harry asked for. If Dumbledore had, I think Sirius would be alive today. I think that is why he only trusts Ron, Ginny, and Hermione,” Arthur spoke softly.

Molly then spoke to Dobby, “Dobby I put some blankets and a cot in the living room for you. I think it is time to go to bed. We are going to have a long day tomorrow, Minister.” After the two left, Molly turned to Arthur, “Why did you not tell him the whole truth, Arthur?”

“Well, for the simple reason that I don’t trust him totally, Molly.”

Upstairs in Charlie’s old room, Ron and Hermione were holding each other and still quite awake. “Ron, I am so scared about tomorrow.”

“So am I, ‘Mione. I know we have been training hard and working with the family, but I am still scared of not being able to help Harry,” Ron confessed.

“That is not what I am talking about. You developed a great plan. Ginny did wonders with her training classes. I’m just not sure about me!” Hermione acknowledged.

Ron squeezed Hermione closer to himself. “’Mione, listen to me. You have done some amazing things in the years we known each other. Look at what you have done; getting past the riddle for the stone, finding out about the Basilisk, helping Sirius escape, all the spell-work with Harry during the tournament, and at the Ministry of Magic. Hermione, for once, just believe you have the answer right instead worrying to death about it until you get your parchment back from the professor. You will be fine,” Ron finished with a kiss to her forehead. Hermione finally relaxed enough to go to sleep while Ron kept staring at the ceiling.

In Ginny and Harry’s rooms a very intimate discussion was taking place. “Harry, you will not use that charm tonight!”

Harry tried to hide the guilt, “What charm, Gin?”

“The same one you have been using every night since we were married! I know all about the Conception Protection Charm.” Ginny took a deep breath and continued, “Harry, I want your baby. I can not allow the Potter name to die out like Sirius’ did. There is slight chance that you will not survive tomorrow.”

“Ginny, I can’t BECAUSE of that possibility. I just won’t allow you to have to raise a baby by yourself. If I fail tomorrow, then there is no reason for the Potter name to continue. You will be able to remarry and have his children.”

“Harry, do you really think my heart will beat one second longer if yours stops? I would not, could not continue to live without you here, Harry. The only way I will be able to continue would be if I was carrying your child. It would give me a reason to live.”

Harry began to think. Ginny realized what he was starting to do and speaking quickly before Harry could start towards a dark mood, “Harry, I would never be alone, not with my parents or my four brothers. Ron and Hermione would never leave me to fend for myself either. Harry, quit thinking so much and just love me, without that bloody charm!” Ginny leaned over and kissed Harry.

In the very early hours of the morning, a lone figure appeared in the kitchen of the Burrow. He slowly made his way up the stairs to the room that was occupied by one Harry Potter. Entering the room, he proceeded to stand over Harry and then became a long chant of a language not heard by wizard ears. After thirty minutes, the person stopped and left the room.

When he returned to the kitchen, he was only slightly surprised to see Dobby standing in the kitchen. Both beings bowed to each other.

“I’ve done all I can for him. Everything I can offer him is now inside of him.”

“Thank you for that. I have pledged my life to see him safe too. It is all I can offer him.”

“Hopefully, it will be enough. Not only is he their hope for a better future, he is ours too, just as he is yours.”

“He is the one our Sacred Vow speaks of.”

The two being bow again, “Good Day to you, Dobby.”

“And to you, Grorn.”

Sunrise at Hogwarts found Professor McGonagall sipping tea and talking to Dumbledore.

“Minerva, is everything ready?” Albus asked.

“Yes, Albus, we are ready. I am more concerned whether Harry is ready,” confessed Minerva.

“Ah, I think it is not whether we think he is ready, but that he thinks he is. Confidence in oneself is half the battle, Minerva.”

“True, Albus, but I would like to know how he plans on destroying the Horcruxes. Has he even found all of them?”

“He must have or he would not start the battle tonight. He knows that it is a waste of time to try to destroy Tom without destroying the Horcruxes.”

Minerva sighed, “I wish he would trust us more than he does. I hate not knowing.”

“Yes. A mistake I made in dealing with Harry. Would you care for a lemon drop, Minerva?” Albus said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Harry was the last one down to the kitchen for breakfast. Giving Ginny a quick kiss, he settled down in the seat next to her and began filling his plate with eggs and bacon. Harry noticed that very little conversation was going on. While buttering his toast, Fawkes arrived with a slight pop. Dropping a letter in front of Harry, Fawkes then settled down on the back of the chair next to Harry. A few minutes later Hedwig flew in an open window landing in front of Harry. Harry removed the letter and placed it on top of the one Fawkes had delivered. Hedwig then flew to the same chair as Fawkes and settled in very close to him.

Harry heard a small giggle from Ginny. Turning to her, he then followed her eyes to the chair where Fawkes and Hedwig were sitting. Harry smiled and realized a little humor was needed to break the tension. Harry got a stern look on his face before he addressed the Phoenix, “Fawkes, just what are your intentions about my owl?” Harry heard Ginny and Hermione both giggle. Fawkes turned his head sideways and emitted a soft chime.

Harry then turned to Hedwig, “So, is he the reason you have been staying out to all hours of the morning?” Hedwig ruffled her feathers and turned her head away from Harry. Harry heard a few more people start giggling.

Turning back to Fawkes, Harry then asked, “Did Dumbledore ever have the ‘talk’ with you or do you and I need to go into the other room for a few minutes?” Fawkes sang a soft chime. By now, everyone at the table was laughing. Harry turned back to Ginny, “Ginny, I think it will be too embarrassing for me to give Hedwig her ‘talk.’ Will you be willing to give her the female version?”

Ginny took a few seconds to compose herself before answering, “Of course, Harry.”

Harry turned back to Fawkes and Hedwig, “Alright you two. Just give me plenty of warning if there is to be some new additions to our family.” Fawkes again sang a soft chime while Hedwig hooted and ruffled her feathers again. Harry then asked, “Would you two like some bacon?” As Harry was feeding the two, he heard the people around the table almost return to a normal Weasley breakfast.

After the dishes had been cleared away and everyone had a cup of coffee or tea in front of them, Harry finally picked up one of the two letters. After reading the first letter, he handed it to Ginny. When finished she passed it to Hermione then Ron. Then, Harry read the other letter. This one he didn’t pass around.

Harry stood up and everyone became quiet. “Minerva says everything is ready at Hogwarts. She says that 125 students have signed up for the extra classes. Kingsley reports that the Aurors and M.L.E. have about two hundred people. These are close to the numbers we originally planned on having so not too much will need adjusting. Kingsley reports his people will start arriving in Hogsmeade in a couple of hours. Fred and George, you will need to get there and get everything ready to get them through the tunnels. Oh, the owners of Honeydukes know you are coming and about the tunnel in their cellar.”

Both George and Fred were mildly shocked. “How did they find out about the tunnel?”

“You were not the first to use that tunnel. Neither were Remus, Sirius, and my dad. It seems the tunnel has been there a long time and the store has been owned by the same family for generations,” Harry informed the group. “By the way, expect to have a little chat with the owners. She wants to have a word with you two about all those sweets you nicked over the years. I already settled up with her for all those years the Marauders were raiding her store. I hope your little chat is as pleasant as mine was!”

“Minister Scrimgeour, I have only one thing you at the moment. Later on today, you will need to put St. Mungo’s on alert and get some Healers to the infirmary at Hogwarts before the injured start getting there.”

Harry looked around the table and began to brief everyone, “Ginny, Hermione, Ron and I have our own mission to accomplish. This mission is to destroy Tom. Bill, your mission is to capture as many Death Eaters as possible. Just remember every one we catch tonight is one less we will have to track down later.”

Harry continued, “I just have a few more words. This war has been going on for too long. I’m tired of Tom and his Death Eaters terrorizing our world. I’m tired of the killings. I’m tired of living in fear. This war will end today!” Softly Harry finished, “Well, I guess that is all for now.” An eerie silence ensued until the twins broke it.

“Right George, I do believe it is time for us to be heroes.”

“I couldn’t have said it better myself, Fred.”

Fred proclaimed, “We will make a quick stop at our store for a few supplies and some Galleons. Then, we will be off to Hogsmeade.” The twins got up from the table and proceeded to get their cloaks. Molly was the first to get to the two which she engulfed in a huge hug and openly cried on their shoulders. Arthur finally pulled Molly away from the twins and then gave each a quick hug. Bill and Fleur were the next couple to embrace the twins. Ron and Hermione were next and a long whisper conversation was conducted between the four. George and Fred then turned to Harry and Ginny.

Harry couldn’t tell which one it was that spoke first, “Harry, take care of our sister.”

“Forever,” Harry replied. Then he said, “And you two take care of Gin…”

“Forever,” Fred and George replied together. The three males exchanged quick hugs. Turning to Ginny, “Ginny, the store belongs to you if something happens. Keep up the mischief and make us proud.”

Ginny had a steady stream of tears as she hugged and told the twins she loved them.

The twins finally separated from Ginny. Then Molly hugged them one more time. They left the Burrow smiling.

After the twins left, everyone returned to the kitchen table. Ginny sensing that her Mum needed the mood to be lighter, asked Harry why the owner of Honeydukes wanted to talk to the twins.

Harry laughed and explained that when Harry first talked to her about using the tunnel, she mention that the tunnel has been used to move people back and forth to Hogwarts since the castle was built. She went on to say that Godric Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were very fond of chocolate. That is why the tunnel was built in the first place. The thing she wants to talk to the twins about is the fact that when they nicked sweets from her store, they always left too many Galleons. She said the Marauders did the same thing. She tried to return four Galleons and two Sicikles in change she says she owes the Marauders. She was rather proud of the fact that anyone who used the tunnel to nick her sweets has never abused the privilege. They always leave too many Galleons. She said she still owes Dumbledore 2 Galleons.

Ginny was pleased to see her Mum even smile at the end story Harry was telling.

Harry and Ginny spent the rest of the morning walking around the orchard of the Burrow. Moody showed up near the time to go to Platform 9 ¾ to escort the group to the Station. The now familiar procedures were used with Bill substituting for Remus. The ‘goodbyes’ were very strained as Molly didn’t want to let go of Ginny. Harry and Bill finally used some gentle force to separate the two. Harry reminded Molly that she would be at Hogwarts soon, too. Harry jumped on the train just as it started pulling out of the station.

The four found the compartment that Luna and Neville were already seated. Bill soon arrived and Hermione sealed the compartment. Ginny then briefed Luna and Neville.

Neville sputtered, “Your own brother, Ginny? How could he want to be one of those people?”

“I’m so sorry, Ginny,” Luna said.

“It’s alright,” Ginny relayed.

The rest of the trip was spent in silence, as the three couples sat and cuddled. Bill spent the time patrolling the passageways. In no time, the couples were in the Great Hall having dinner before the schedule meeting.

A/N Chapter 16 The Chamber