Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 16 The Chamber



Harry nervously held Ginny’s hand. So far, the plan had gone perfectly. The twins were able to get everyone inside Hogwarts. The meeting with the students had been interesting. Most of the students were shocked to learn that they would be doing battle in a few hours. Three students, two first years and one third year decided to not take part. They were sent up to Madam Pomfrey.



Harry looked around the very quiet room. All the ‘goodbyes’ were already said. Everyone was waiting for word that Charlie and the Aurors assigned to him were in position. Hermione and Ron were holding each other very tightly. Ginny had her other arm wrapped around Harry’s arm that was holding her hand. Bill was staring at the sinks where Harry showed him the entrance to the Chamber was. Neville and Luna were holding hands. Neville kept looking at Harry and was trying to smile. Luna had her wand tucked behind her ear and seemed to be the calmest of the group.



A small ‘pop’ signaled Fawkes’ arrival. Fawkes landed on Harry’s shoulder and gave him the note from Charlie. Harry read it, then announced, “Charlie is in position. Bill you have control of the battle now. It is time for us to go.”



Bill simply nodded. Hermione pulled her wand and soon Ginny, Ron, and their broomsticks were Disillusioned. Harry then performed the charm on Hermione. Harry turned to Fawkes, “Meet us down there, please.” He then pulled out his invisibility cloak. He then turned to the sink and demanded it to open using Parseltongue. Harry and Ron were the only ones to not show wonderment as the sink opened to reveal the tunnel. Harry mounted his broomstick and then turned to where his mind told him Ron, Hermione, and Ginny where, “All right, let’s do this just as we have been training.” He continued, “I love you all very much.”



Pulling out his wand and putting on his cloak, Harry was the first one down the tunnel. He could sense Ginny right behind him with Ron and Hermione behind her. Ron and Hermione were sharing a broomstick. Ron and Ginny had decided that this was the better move due to the speed they would be using and the turns in the tunnel to the Chamber. Even with extra practice, Hermione never became a very good flyer. Ron and Hermione had been training for months to ride double.



Eventually the tunnel began to level out. Harry started slowing down knowing the pile of rocks from their previous adventure was not too far from the mouth of the tunnel. This was also the spot Ron had predicted the first set of guards to be. Ron’s prediction was correct. Harry and Ginny sent stunners at the two Death Eaters. They crumbled to the ground without a sound. Hermione sent her Patronus back up the tunnel to where Bill and the rest were waiting.



Bill almost yelled out loud when Hermione’s Patronus appeared in Myrtle’s Bathroom. Bill was thankful it was Hermione’s and not Harry’s Patronus. Seeing a stag would have meant that Harry and the rest needed help immediately. Seeing Ron’s would have meant that the four were in a battle, but so far okay. Hermione’s meant that a battle was over and everyone was okay. Ginny’s meant the four encounter no one at the bottom of the tunnel. Seeing that it was Hermione’s, Bill sent Moody down the tunnel first, closely followed by himself and Neville and Luna. The rest of the force followed these four.



Just as soon as Moody regained his feet from the slide, he secured the two Death Eaters. Bill arrived just as Moody placed an anti-Disapparate charm on the two. Harry momentarily uncovered his hand and face giving Bill the signal they were continuing down the tunnel. As Harry recovered his hand and face, Bill directed two Aurors to take their first prisoners back up the tunnel. When Bill turned back around, Bill sensed his brother, sister, and their spouses were already gone.



The hole that Ron had made five years ago in the collapsed rock had been enlarged to allow the Death Eaters easier access to their guard post. Harry led Ginny, Ron, and Hermione through the rocks and down the long corridor. Harry stopped the group just outside the cavern where he found Ginny those years ago.



”I am not sensing anyone. Ron?”



“No. What about you Ginny?”



“Nothing. Hermione?”



“Nothing.”



Harry stated, “Good, let’s go. Be alert.”




This time Ginny sent her Patronus back towards Bill and the rest. This time Bill sent four of Kingsley’s Aurors first down the corridor. Bill and the rest followed. A group of older students began the task of enlarging the hole in the pile of rocks.



Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron entered the large cavern and the first thing they found was the body of the Basilisk. There was still a lot of the body left even after five years. They finally arrived at the foot of the statue and the place where Harry found Ginny all those years ago. Harry noticed Ginny shaking slightly.



”I’m all right, Harry. Just nerves,” Ginny stated with a small smile.



“Right, I love you Ginny.”



“I love you too, Harry.”



“Okay Ron, it is up to you now.”




Ron landed and dismounted his broomstick. Harry watched in his ‘Marauder’s Map’ as Hermione immediately took off and hovered. Dobby had taught Ron how to find a magical door back at Sirius’ house. Ron went to the far end of the wall and slowly moved his hands up and down the wall. Ron stopped next to the foot of the statue. He then went to the near end and slowly made his way back towards the statue’s bottom.



Ron turned to Harry, “There are two doors, one on each side of the statue’s base. I’m just not good enough to tell you what is behind the doors.”



“Don’t worry about it. You did a great job. We always knew this was the one part we were not sure about. We will just have to pick one.”



“Harry, I think we should take the statue’s right hand door,” Hermione stated. She had allowed the broomstick to rise which put her level with the statue’s hands.



“Why the right door, Hermione? Hermione! Control your broomstick,” yelled Ginny. Hermione had drifted upwards to the statues eyes.



Hermione shrieked and slowly lower herself back down. “One of the statue’s hands is pointing to the left hand door. Since Slytherins never do the obvious, I think we should try the opposite door.”



“Sounds good to me,” Harry agreed.




Harry landed and handed his broomstick and cloak to Ron. Ron and Harry were thinking the same thing; “The Map” sure made locating each other simpler with everyone invisible.” Ron floated over next to Hermione. Harry gave Ginny a quick kiss. He then pricked his finger on the knife she held. Turning to the door, Harry smeared some blood on the door. Harry was mildly surprised when the door actually open. Turning sideways, Harry slowly walked through giving the three on broomsticks time and space to fly into the next room.



Harry entered a small foyer that was lit by two torches on opposite walls. There appeared to be no exit. Harry moved towards the wall opposite of the doorway. When he had reached the center of the room, the door closed behind him. Immediately another door appeared in the wall Harry was facing. Also Harry felt a small stab of pain in his scar.



Harry sent to the other three, “Get ready. He is close by.”



Harry raised his wand towards the door and then took one step closer. The door was opened and Harry was face to face with Peter Pettigrew. “Evening Harry, the Dark Lord wishes to speak to you. This way, Harry,” Peter said while pointing down a short hallway.



“Oh, well then, let’s not keep Tom waiting,” Harry growled at his parent’s traitor. “Lead the way, Peter. I, for one, will not turn my back to you as my parents unfortunately did.” Peter visibly cowered at these words. Peter backed away and turned to lead Harry to the Dark Lord. Harry once again hesitated after passing through the door. Harry was surveying the room for possible other Death Eaters and to give the broomstick riders time to get through the door. Harry was led down a short hallway that opened into a large circular room with high ceilings. The walls were covered in bookcases and display cases. Once again Harry was pleased to find their theory appeared to be correct. Tom had surrounded himself with the trophies from all his victims.



Harry continued to follow Peter towards a high back chair on a one foot high raised platform. Harry stopped about ten meters from the platform while Peter proceeded to the very foot of the chair. Peter went to his knees and bowed his head. Rising slightly, he unnecessarily announced, “Master, Harry Potter has arrived.”



Harry’s ‘Map’ showed Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were hovering high above him. Harry also realized that there was no indication from Tom that he knew they were in the room and hovering on brooms invisible. Ron saw Tom stand and began walking towards Harry. “We meet again, young Potter. I have been waiting so impatiently for your return to my presence.”



Ron listened as Harry said, “That is close enough, Tom.” Tom stopped about five meters from Harry.



Ron called to Ginny, “I don’t see Nagini.”



Ginny drifted slightly left of Harry. Ginny finally spotted Tom’s snake curled up under the chair.



”She is under the chair. Go ahead, Hermione,” Ginny urged. Hermione spent the next two minutes muttering a complicated spell.



“It’s done. The Shield is up,” Hermione relayed to Ron and Ginny.



Ginny sent Harry a brief message, “Shield is up.”




When Harry heard Ginny’s message, he emotionally relaxed. Harry now knew that Tom would not escape this battle. Harry briefly remembered how proud he felt when Ginny and Hermione put all the charms and spells together into that new Shield Charm. The book that Dumbledore had left Ginny had finally proved useful. Also, Harry now felt secure knowing that no Death Eaters could pass through the shield.



“So, why did you venture into my home, young Potter?” Tom demanded.



Harry calmly answered, “We have some unfinished business between us, Tom.”



“You are correct. I seem to recall that I challenged you to a duel.”



“Ah, you do remember,” Harry taunted.



“Quite right, young Potter. Shall we begin?” Tom smirked.



“In a minute, Tom. But first, the customs have to be observed. You wouldn’t want Salazar Slytherin to think you didn’t follow etiquette, would you?” Harry once again taunted.



“By all means, etiquette shall be observed,” Tom confirmed.



“Good, I recall we had an audience last time. Shall I call some of my friends?” Harry said with a smile.



“Actually young Potter, they were my friends. I do believe they should be here for this. Wormtail, give me your arm,” Tom commanded of Peter.



Peter shuffled to in front of Tom. Peter dropped to his knees and pulled the sleeve up of his left arm exposing the Dark Mark and then held it up to Tom. “Master,” he muttered.



Tom took Peter’s arm and struck his wand into the center of the skull. Peter let out a whimper and then Tom released his arm. Peter scampered back behind Tom and stood up. Looking back at Harry, Tom announced, “My friends will be here soon.”



Ron and Hermione both relaxed some when Tom touched the Dark Mark. ”One more piece of the plan that has gone right,” Ron sent to Hermione and Ginny. Hermione acknowledged his statement, but Ginny was too occupied to response.



Ginny was slowly and steadily probing Tom’s mind. She had already found the hole in Tom’s barrier that she used earlier in the fall. She was searching for the last of the Horcruxes and the way to destroyed them. She had already confirmed that Tom’ diary, the Gaunt Ring, the Black’s Locket, Hufflepuff cup, and Nagini were Horcruxes. She was still searching for the last one.



This part of the plan had Harry worried. Harry desperately wanted himself instead of Ginny to be the one probing Tom’s mind. Harry could only imagine the horrors Ginny was reliving as she probed Tom’s mind. But Harry knew that was no way he could do that probe and carry on this conversation with Tom, protect his own mind from Tom, while probing Tom with his mind to hide Ginny’s attack. Plus, defending himself should Tom attack. Harry just hoped that Ginny would be able to put it behind her when this was all over.



Meanwhile, Tom’s Death Eaters were beginning to arrive. Harry was surprised to see about thirty-five people assembled near the walls of the circular room.



Seeing the flash of surprise on Harry’s face, Tom smirked, “I have recruited a few more followers since the last time we met, young Potter.”



Ron, feeling some anxiety, called to Harry, “Harry, there is no way we can do Memory Charms on that many!”



“I know, Ron. We will just have to come up with a ‘Plan B.’ Is Ginny finished yet?”



“No, she is still probing,” Ron informed Harry.




Stalling, Harry asked Tom, “Tom, have your ‘followers’ move to the other side of the room. I would like to keep an eye on them.”



“Why young Potter, don’t you trust my Death Eaters?” Tom smiled.



“Actually, no, and the odds are a little one-sided here. Forty to one, it appears. Are you so insecure of your ability to defeat me not to grant me this one little wish?” Harry said with a small whimper in his voice.



Tom laughed, “Do as he says. No one interferes with us.” Slowly, the Death Eaters moved to stand between the wall and the raised chair. When they were assembled, Tom turned to Harry, “Now, we shall begin.”



“Not just yet, Tom. I still don’t have a second,” Harry said knowing Tom was starting to get impatient.



“Pick one from my Death Eaters, Potter,” Tom hissed.



“That is not proper etiquette, is it Tom? My second needs to be a friend of mine, not yours.”



“Then take Wormtail.”



“I wouldn’t allow Peter to take care of my cousin, let alone be my second in a duel. How about you allow me to summon a non-human to be my second?” asked Harry with the beginning of a plan starting to develop.



“Fine, Potter, but hurry, I am growing impatient. You have been a thorn in my side for too long.”



Harry called, “Ron, beside me quick. Put your wand right beside mine and cast your Patronus at the same time I do. It has to appear as one streak of silver.”



“Okay Harry, I’m ready,” Ron answered in a few seconds.



Harry counted down and both teens sent their Patronus’ back to Bill.



Ginny jumped into the conversation, “Harry, I got the information on the Horcruxes. The last one is Gryffindor’s Shield. I know how to destroy it, but we need Gryffindor’s sword. I also know how to destroy the rest.”



Harry gave a little chuckle after hearing that. “Not to worry, Ginny. I have the sword. It was so good to me last time I was here that I decided to bring it this time, too. Great work, I love you.”



Ginny informed him, “I got the Memory Charm in both Tom and Peter. Neither one should be able to cast any Unforgivable Curses. But be careful Harry, I can’t guarantee it and I love you.”



“Excellent Ginny, now everyone get back on your brooms and get as high as you can. I have a feeling when Fawkes gets here with Bill and the rest, the ‘party’ will begin.




Harry felt Bill and the rest of the force arrive just outside the door to this chamber. Fawkes arrived a few seconds later and landed on Harry’s shoulder.



Tom spitted and hissed, “That mangy bird is your second, Potter? I would not have waited if I had known.”



“Well, he is my friend, so he meets the requirement for my second. Now, I will present my gift to you Tom.”



“Gift…what gift?” Tom began confused.



“My friends, of course,” Harry said as Bill and the rest burst from the room. In seconds, the air was filled with curses and spells flying between the Death Eaters and the Order.



Out of the corner of his eye, Harry noticed Peter was edging towards the shield that Hermione had cast. Without taking his eyes off of Tom, Harry called, “Where do you think you are going, Peter?” With a flick of his wand, Harry put Peter in a full body bind and tied him up. “Remus has waited a long time to talk to you.”



Harry then continued to address Tom, “It is just you and me now, Tom. You will not be escaping this time.”



“Do you really think those pitiful Order members and the Muggle-lover’s army is going to stop me, Potter!” Tom hissed.



“Well, it really doesn’t matter because you will never leave this chamber ever again,” Harry calmly informed Tom.



“Yes I will just as soon as I sent you to your parents, young Potter.”



“There is a shield around us that you and I cannot go through, Tom. By the way, it was so convenient for me that you used my blood in your re-birth, Tom. It made it so much easier to keep you within the shield.” Harry smiled at Tom.



“You think you are clever don’t you, Potter,” Tom hissed.



“I am not the clever one. That would be Hermione, you know, the Muggle-born. She is the one who came up with this shield and the only one that knows the counter charm to the shield. Before you get any ideas, she is far away from here. It really is just me and you, Tom.”



“Then let us begin!” Tom sent an almost continuous stream of curses at Harry. Harry knew it was going to be a long fight, so he was only shielding himself from the curses coming his way. Of course, Harry knew that Ron and Hermione were both casting shield charms in front of him too. Harry mentally chuckled as he watch the puzzlement show on Tom’s face and in his mind trying to figure out why none of his curses were getting through to Harry.



After about forty minutes, Tom stopped his initial attack. Ginny took advantage of the break, ”Harry, I collected all the other Horcruxes. I have them under the cloak. When do you want to us to kill Nagini?”



“Great job, Ginny! Kill the snake about ten minutes after I start my attack.”




“Scared Potter?” Tom snickered.



“Actually no, just thinking what I was going to have for dinner tonight.” Harry then launched his own attack. Harry’s attack was not as intense as Tom’s was. Harry knew the real battle was being fought between his mind and Tom’s mind. Whoever won control of the other’s mind would end up being the winner of this battle. Harry intensified his attack just enough to hide the curses that Ron, Ginny, and Hermione sent to Tom’s snake. Harry was so surprised to see all three spells hit the snake that he stopped his attack to watch. Even Tom turned to Nagini. The three teens had used the same curse that Harry had used on Draco. Instead of producing deep cuts, the curses had sliced the snake into three pieces. Harry watched in disgust as a sickly green smoke rose from the snake and began to disperse.



Harry barely had time to get his shield up as Tom launched a bitterly intense volley of curses. Harry was glad that Ron and Hermione were helping. Harry knew that one or two of Tom’s curses would have got through without their help. This attack only lasted about twenty minutes.



As soon as Tom’s attack stopped, Harry again launched his own attack at Tom. Harry was astonished when a cutting curse actually nicked Tom’s left elbow. This seemed to enrage Tom as he again threw curses at Harry. During the attack, Harry noticed large flakes of skin falling from Tom’s face and hands. Tom’s curses were coming farther and farther apart. Harry and Tom were now trading curses one for one. Tom appeared to be slightly weaker than before, but Harry’s spells were not penetrating Tom’s shield. Not two minutes later, Tom was back to normal and firing off curse after curse.



Harry was tired, very tired. Harry couldn’t remember when Tom and he had stopped throwing curses at each other. Harry also couldn’t remember when they quit throwing insults at each other. The battle was totally within their minds now.



Deep within him, Harry heard a voice calling him.



”Harry…Harry….HARRY!”



“I hear you, Ginny.”



“Harry, don’t talk, just listen. You have to destroy the Locket. We have destroyed the all the rest. You are the only one that can speak Parseltongue. If the pattern continues, Tom will shed his skin in about twenty minutes. It is taking him longer and longer to shed his skin. When he does, you should have about two minutes to destroy the Locket. I will tell you what to say. The Locket is right in front of you on a stool under the invisible cloak. After the Locket opens, you have to throw it half way to Tom so the ‘soul’ cannot try to enter your body or Tom’s, Harry. Do you understand, Harry?”



“Yes, Ginny.”



“Harry, I love you.”



In what felt like hours to Harry, Ginny called again. “Get ready, Harry. Alright, repeat after me Harry. ‘I, Harry James Potter, descendent of Godric Gryffindor…”



Harry began to repeat the words, “I, Harry James Potter, des…”



“Harry, in Parseltongue, you have to say it in Parseltongue Harry. You are speaking English.”



Harry pulled a small part of his mind away from the battle and used it to concentrate. Harry again started to repeat Ginny, “I, Harry James Potter, descendent of Godric Gryffindor…”



“You are doing it Harry! ...one of the founding four…”



Harry continued to speak, “…one of the founding four…”



“…demand this Locket open,” Ginny finished.



“…demand this Locket open.” Ginny quickly pulled the cloak off the Locket. Harry again saw the same evil looking smoke that rose from Nagini begin to rise from the Locket. Harry quickly grabbed and tossed the Locket away from himself.



“Harry, you did it. All the Horcruxes are gone. Now destroy that foul creature. I love you!”




Sometime later, Harry started feeling energized. He could almost see the energy entering his body. A plan began to develop. Harry waited for the right moment. When Harry saw the signs of another shedding from Tom, Harry conjured a glass of water. Raising the glass to his lips, Harry saw Tom get a twinkle in his eyes.



”Finally, he grows weak,” Tom thought to himself. Gathering his mind together for one massive push to destroy Potter, Tom mistakenly left himself open to attack.



Harry, feeling with his mind, felt Tom gathering his mind for an attack, but Harry had been waiting for this moment. Harry put everything he had into the massive probe he unleashed on Tom’s mind. Within seconds, Harry knew he had control of Tom’s mind. Not wasting even a breath, Harry began pushing into Tom’s mind every one of Harry’s memories of the love he received from Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Tom went to his knees, screaming, and holding his head. Harry sent wave after wave of love from the Weasley’s sons into Tom’s mind. Harry sent all the love of and for Sirius into the link. He found Dumbledore’s love and sent that into Tom’s mind. Then, he found the love from Molly and Arthur which he pushed into the link with Tom.



Harry faintly heard Tom screaming and saw him holding his head. Finally, Harry found all the love from his mom and dad and pushed that into Tom’s mind. Tom was now rolling around the floor. Harry realized Ginny, Hermione, and Ron were standing next to him. Reaching into their minds, Harry used their link to direct all the love the four held for each other to Tom.



Tom all of a sudden stopped screaming and rolling around on the floor. Harry felt Tom’s mind leave the body and hover over it for the briefest moment and then Tom’s presence vanished from Harry’s mind.



A/N Chapter 17 Nancy’s House