Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 17 Nancy’s House

”Harry! Harry…Haaaarrrrry, it is time to wake up.”

“Not yet, Ginny. I am still too tired.”

“Okay, Harry. I love you.”

“I love you too, Ginny.” Harry said as his mind and body went back to sleep.


Ginny turned to the rest of the room. Ron and Hermione were sitting in comfortable arm chairs made from the finest materials. Molly and Arthur were sitting on a love seat that matched the chairs. Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall were standing by the huge bed that Harry was sleeping on. Ginny was seated on the bed next to Harry holding his hand.

Molly was the first to break the stillness. “Well, did you ‘talk’ to him, Ginny?” Molly was still a little unsure of this ability the four had developed since the summer even after she had seen them using it. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had told the adults in the room of this ability just today. If it wasn’t for Madam Pomfrey insisting that Harry needed to be at St. Mungo’s, then they wouldn’t even know about this ability now. Ginny was not pleased with Madam Pomfrey or her Mum.

Two days ago, after Harry had defeated Tom, Harry was taken to the Hogwarts Infirmary where Madam Pomfrey had examined Harry. After the examination, Madam Pomfrey had declared that Harry’s magic was so depleted that she was unsure if he would fully recover. Once Molly heard this, she insisted that Harry be taken to St. Mungo’s immediately so more experienced Healers could look after Harry.

Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all tried to explain that Harry was in no danger. They all explained that they knew Harry was tired and was just sleeping. Finally, during a heated row about who was responsible for Harry and where he should be to get treated, Ginny’s temper reached its boiling point. She pulled her wand, told everyone to back up or she would hex them into next week. She put a Silence Charm around Harry’s bed and summons Fawkes. When Fawkes arrived, Ginny asked him to transport Harry and her to their house in Godric’s Hollow.

Fawkes had transported them to the Master Suite, specifically to the bed in the Master Suite. Ginny barely had time to look around when Dobby, Winky, and Nancy popped into the suite and began to take care of Harry and Ginny’s needs. It took almost two full days before Ginny’s temper to subside. When it did, Ginny sent a note via Hedwig, who have showed up that morning, to her Mum.

Ron, Hermione, Molly, Arthur, Madam Pomfrey, and Professor McGonagall all had arrived within a couple of hours. Before Molly or Madam Pomfrey could once again begin arguing with Ginny, she, along with Ron and Hermione, told the four adults about the talent they had developed over the summer and that was why the three knew Harry was okay and just extremely tired.

Ginny addressed the whole room, “Harry is not ready to wake up yet. He says he is still too tired.”

“Are you sure, Ginny?” Molly pleaded, wanting to do more for her son.

“Yes, Mum. I will keep checking with him every now and then,” Ginny assured Molly and the rest of the room.

“Right then, let’s see if we can get him to drink this potion,” Madam Pomfrey ordered. Madam Pomfrey noticed Ginny looking at the bottle. “It is just a potion to help him regain his strength, Mrs. Potter.” Ginny nodded and then she and Molly helped raise Harry up so she could slowly pour the potion into Harry’s mouth.

Ginny stated that the last three days had been hectic and that she was tired and was going to sleep also. Ginny bid everyone ‘Goodnight’ and that she would see them in the morning. Just as the door closed, Winky appeared.

“Will Mistress need anything else tonight?”

“No, Winky. Please, call me Ginny.”

Winky looked shocked, “No, Mistress. You are the Mistress of this house and you are addressed as ‘Mistress’.”

Ginny, too tired to argue said, “Alright.” Ginny was asleep instantly. Winky quickly undressed Ginny and tucked her under the comforter.

A week later, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron was sitting at a beautiful tea table with four chairs that were inlayed with silver and gold. The table and chairs had not been there the night before. Ginny had called Dobby to find out if he knew anything about the appearing furniture. Dobby had explained that he went to see Grorn for some Galleons to furnish the house. Grorn told Dobby to return to Nancy’s House and Grorn would take care of it. Dobby explained that every night, some House Elves would show up with furniture and place it within the house. Dobby stated that the house was almost completely furnished. Ginny had informed everyone that she didn’t want to know about the rest of the house. She stated that she wanted to wait and see the house with Harry for the first time.

The only thing the House Elves didn’t bring was what Harry had started calling ‘The Bird Manor’. This was a Christmas present from Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick. It was an elaborate perch made for Hedwig and Fawkes. The perch, which was just over two meters tall, had ten branches that came off the main trunk. Each branch had a unique function. There was one branch that had a nest for Hedwig to use and other branch for Fawkes to use. One branch was specially designed for Fawkes to use on his burning days so it would not catch fire and for a place for the ashes to land so Fawkes could be re-born. Then there was the cleaning branch, which provided a small stream of water for the birds to use to clean themselves. The food branch continually had something for the two to eat, and there was the sitting branch, a comfortable branch the two used to watch the four young adults. There were two other astounding things that Harry and Ginny truly loved about ‘The Bird Manor’. One was that it transported itself to where Harry and Ginny would be staying that night and the other thing was that is cleaned up Hedwig’s feeding leftovers and droppings from both birds itself. It now stood in one corner of the suite.

Hagrid told Harry that he asked Professors McGonagall and Flitwick to charm the different branches. And then with the help of Professor Lupin, the three were able to charm the entire perch to act like a portkey. All Harry, Ginny, Ron, or Hermione had to do was say the words, “It’s time to come home, Bird Manor,” and it would appear wherever the person was.

The only other problem that had occurred was the minor row between Ginny and Hermione. It all started when Hermione overheard Winky address Ginny as ‘Mistress’ while serving lunch.

“Oh, Ginny, should I call you ‘Mistress’ too?” Hermione asked.

“I didn’t ask them to address me that way,” Ginny replied with a bit of frost in her voice.

“Then, why are they?” Hermione challenged.

“Why don’t you ask Winky?”

“Winky, why are calling Ginny ‘Mistress’ now?”

Winky looked at Hermione with eyes that said, “What a dumb question." She answered her simply, “Mistress is the Mistress of the House.”

“You didn’t call Mrs. Weasley that at the Burrow,” Hermione stated.

“Dobby and Winky did not work for Mrs. Wheezy.”

“But Ginny, your employer, has asked you not to call her that.”

Winky gave Hermione another look. “The Mistress of the House is called ‘Mistress’ and that is how Mistress will be called.”

Ron finally broke in, “Hermione, honey, leave it. She is as stubborn as you are.”

Ginny was mildly surprise by Hermione’s answer of “Yes, Ron.”

A few days later, Ginny was aroused awake by a series of gentle kisses on her lips. Coming fully awake, Ginny shrieked, “Harry, you are awake.” She then delightfully kissed and hugged Harry.

Finally breaking apart, Harry said, “Of course I am. Why shouldn’t I be?”

Ginny told him, “You have been asleep for two weeks!”

“Well, then it is about time I woke up now isn’t it?”

Ginny started to push away, “I have to let the family know.”

Harry quickly grabbed her, “They can wait. I need a few more kisses.”

“Oh, my!” Ginny was able to say before Harry claimed his first of many kisses.

A few hours later, Molly and Madam Pomfrey walked into Ginny and Harry’s bedroom with Harry’s daily potion. Madam Pomfrey was the first to realize their mistake and she let out a loud gasp. Ginny looked up and around Harry’s shoulder and yelled, “Mum, you didn’t knock.”

Molly recovering from her shock, “We will come back later, Ginny,” she said turning back to the door and leaving the bedroom.

Giggling, Harry proclaimed, “Well, that is a mood breaker.”

Ginny declared, “Harry, don’t you dare stop. Besides, it will give Mum time to get everyone here.” Ginny passionately kissed Harry and urged him to continue.

A timid knock was heard by Harry and Ginny an hour later. Both Harry and Ginny chuckled. Ginny went to the door and answered it. Molly stood in the door, “Ginny, can I come in?” Ginny stepped aside and allowed Molly to enter the room. Ginny quickly shut the door before anyone else could enter. Molly was relieved to see that both had showered and were fully dressed.

Molly started in a soft voice, “Harry…Ginny, I want to apologize for entering your room without knocking.”

Harry said, “That’s okay, Mum. No reason to apologize.” Harry gave Molly a quick hug.

Molly turned to Ginny, “Ginny?”

Ginny stared at her Mum for a few minutes. Harry remained quiet, both in voice and his mind.

Molly continued, “I promise never to do it again. Ginny, I promise to start treating you as the adult that you are, too.”

After a tense few seconds, Ginny finally hugged Molly. “Okay.”

“The family is outside waiting to see you.”

“Who do you mean by the ‘family’?” Ginny asked, not quite over her anger.

“You know, just your dad, brothers, Fleur, Hermione, Remus, Tonks, McGonagall, Dobby, Winky, and Nancy. Madam Pomfrey went back to Hogwarts after stating her work here was obviously done. Oh, almost forgot, Grorn as well.”

Ginny walked over to Harry. “Are you ready for this?”

“Yes, Ginny, might as well get it over with.”

“Mum, tell them we will be out in a minute,” Ginny said with just a little ice in her voice. Molly left and shut the door behind her.

“Ginny?”

“Sorry, Harry, but for the last two weeks, everyone, especially Mum, has forgotten that as your wife, I am responsible for you. I am just tired of being pushed to the side. I had to threaten both Mum and Madam Pomfrey to bring you here instead of St. Mungo’s.”

“Ginny, where is ‘here’ exactly?”

“This is the master suite of the house at Godric’s Hollow. This is the house that Sirius, Dumbledore, Bill, and Remus rebuilt. Only, Dobby and Winky have been referring to it has ‘Nancy’s House.’ They won’t tell me why.”

“Why are we here?”

“Once the word got out that you had defeated Tom, everyone was trying to get to you at Hogwarts. Rita was caught twice trying to get into the hospital wing. Also, I had a disagreement about your recovery with Mum and Madam Pomfrey. So, I decided to move you here since so few people know about the house.”

“Okay. Is there anything else I need to know before we see the family?”

“One thing, Minister Scrimgeour declared a one month Holiday. We don’t start back to school until the first part of February. Other than that, I haven’t been keeping up with anything. I had something more important to tend to.”

Harry smiled and kissed her. “Let’s go, then.”

As Harry and Ginny entered the sitting room, Harry saw everyone’s eyes turn to him and Ginny. Hermione was one of the first to react, but was still beaten by Grorn.

Grorn began immediately, “Mr. Harry Potter, we have some business to conduct that cannot wait.”

“Okay, Grorn. What is it?”

Grorn produced two elegant high back chairs for Ginny and Harry. Once seated, Grorn began the same routine he did back in Professor McGonagall’s office. “Mr. Harry James Potter, is there anyone in this room that you feel is not loyal to you, is not a true and honest friend, and who you do not wish to know some very personal information about you?”

“No, Grorn,” Harry answered wondering what this was about.

Again, Grorn repeated the statement and Harry answered. Grorn then proceeded around the room performing the charm on the new members of this ‘club.’ Grorn then gave the same warning as before to the newest members and then turned back to Harry. “Mr. Harry Potter, it is so nice to see Nancy’s House rebuilt after all these years.”

“Yes, it is. My family and friends have done an excellent job from the two rooms I have seen so far,” Harry curiously replied.

“Yes, I am sorry about the furniture. It was in storage for a long time. Some of this furniture would not even be allowed in THE house,” Grorn deadpanned.

“The furniture is beautiful, Harry. How can he say that? What does he mean ‘THE house’?”

“I caught that too, Ginny”


“Grorn, what…” Just as Harry was about to ask ‘what house,’ everything he was required to do instantly came to him. Harry rose from his chair, took two steps, and went to one knee in front of Grorn.

Grorn was smiling as Harry began, “I, Harry James Potter, do declare that I am the only and true heir of Sir Luke Francis Potter and Lady Nancy Potter and I demand by right and by law all that is mine.”

Ginny was just as startled as everyone else when Harry first knelt in front of Grorn. Just as soon as he started talking, she too, knew exactly what was required of her. When Harry finished, Ginny rose from her chair, took two steps, and went to one knee. The only thing she did different was take hold of Harry’s hand and intertwine her fingers with his. She then began, “I, Ginevra Potter, do declare that I am the only and true wife of Harry James Potter and I demand, as his wife, that he and I be granted by right and by law all that is his and ours.”

“I, Grorn, Gringotts of Gringotts do declare that Mr. Harry James Potter and Mrs. Ginevra Potter are husband and wife and are the true and only heirs to Sir Luke Francis Potter and Lady Nancy Potter. I do hereby grant by right and by law all that is theirs.” Harry and Ginny rose as one.

“When do we have to do it?” Harry inquired.

“Now, Mr. Potter, as the house will not wait long.”

Harry turned to the room, “Please stay here, we shouldn’t be gone long. Dobby, please serve lunch.” Harry then turned and wrapped Ginny tightly within his arms and Apparated. Grorn had left just before the Potters.

Harry and Ginny returned two hours later. The family was highly annoyed that the two were gone for so long. “Everyone, please sit down and we will explain everything.” Harry waited for everyone to be seated and then began.

“It seems that there are three houses that the Potter family owed and lived in. There is the Potter’s House, Nancy’s House, and a third called Dave’s House,” Harry briefed the group.

Remus spoke, “I never knew about Potter’s House.”

Harry gave him a sad smile, “Well yes, I just found out that my grandparents lived in the Dave’s House due to an unpleasant incident at the Potter’s House early in their marriage. We will be going to Potter’s House later today or early tomorrow.”

Harry turned to the House Elf that had returned with him and Ginny. “I would like to introduce Kupping. She is the head House Elf at Potter’s House.” Harry then went around and introduced her to everyone. When finished, Harry stated, “I have a few things to say about the House Elves. First, they are very proud to be working for the Potter Family in the various residences, which include four vacation homes in different parts of the world. All together, there are fifty House Elves working for the Potter Family. First, I nor Ginny will tolerate any abuse of the House Elves. I know none of you will do this however, please inform everyone else so there are no misunderstandings. Second, all have stated that they prefer not to be set free!” Harry looked at Hermione, who just nodded. Harry quickly sent to Ginny, ”What is going on with her?”

Ginny voiced her concern too, “Something is wrong. I will talk to Ron later.”


“We did get them to agree to three days off a month. We tried to give them more, but they refused. We did get them to accept two Galleons a week in pay. I have asked Kupping to explain the house rules and security to everyone.”

Kupping stood up in her chair so everyone could see her. “Sirs and Misses, first the house and grounds are very secure. No one has never successfully entered the house or grounds uninvited. To enter the house or grounds, all must Portkey, Floo, or Apparate to ‘Susan’s Room’. All first time visitors will have to introduce themselves to Mrs. Susan Potter’s portrait that is next to the door. Sirs and Misses will remain in the room until Mrs. Susan Potter announces you and then allows you entry. After the first visit, Mrs. Susan Potter will recognize you and allow entry. Once you leave ‘Susan’s Room,’ you will be allowed to Portkey, Floo, or Apparate anywhere in the house or grounds except for the Master Suite. To leave the house and grounds all must leave from ‘Brian’s Room’. All must introduce themselves the first time and afterwards Mr. Brian Potter will recognize you. The rooms are side by side on the ground floor.” Kupping paused and looked around the room to make sure everyone understood the procedures.

She then continued, “No meals are served in the suites. Morning and afternoon teas can be taken in your suite sitting room, or the garden. There will be no Friday afternoon tea served. All meals are served in the dining hall. Friday evening meal is Formal. Dress robes will be worn and everyone in the house is expected to attend. Everyone is expected to have dates. Children in their fourth year and above at Hogwarts are encouraged to have dates also. This meal will be served in the Formal Dining Hall at six o’clock. These are the rules of Potter’s House unless Lady Potter wishes to change them.” Kupping then looked at Ginny for an answer.

“We may cut back on the formal meals later, but for now these rules are fine by me and will remain in effect for now.” Ginny declared.

“Yes, My Lady.”

Harry stood up, “Thank you, Kupping. The first guests should arrive in about two hours.”

“Very well, My Lord. Everything will be ready.” Kupping disappeared.

Harry turned to the rest, “I know everyone has a lot to say, but please, let it wait until Monday. We will have an Order meeting at 9:00 o’clock at Sirius’ House. Minerva, will you kindly spread the word about the meeting?”

“Of course, My Lo…Mr. Potter.” Harry gave the Headmistress hard looks after her almost slip of the tongue.

Hermione couldn’t contain her question any longer, “Harry, why did Kupping refer to you and Ginny as ‘My Lord’ and ‘My Lady’?”

“I don’t know. When we got to Potter’s House, Grorn had us do a small ceremony. After the house accepted us as the rightful heirs, Grorn and the House Elves referred to us by those titles from then on. Nothing we said or demanded would persuade them to address us any other way. We still haven’t found out why they are using those titles. The only thing Grorn said is that we would find out later.”

“What was that little thing you and Ginny did before you left all about?” Ron questioned.

Well, since I am the last of the Potters, that ceremony allowed me and Ginny, as my wife, to claim the Potter Family Estate inheritance which was totally separate from my mom and dad’s inheritance.”

“Why didn’t your father have the title?” Hermione inquired.

Harry sighed, “To make a long story short, my grandfather had the title, but never used…claimed it due to the incident back at the start of their marriage. After my grandparents were killed, my father was never able to get the title since he was in hiding. That is all the information I know about these titles right now.”

”Ginny, do you wish to tell them this part?”

“No, Harry.”


Harry looked around the room at his family and smiled, “Lady Ginny….”

”Harry, stop it. I would prefer you not to use that title.”

“Sorry, Lady Ginny, but I like it and no one deserves it more than you, whatever it does refer to. So, get used to it,” Harry finished with a smile.


“Lady Ginny and I have some belated Christmas presents for you. Bill…Charlie…George…Fred…Ron…Hermione…The Galleons you received this past summer, well you can add two zeroes to the end of that amount. Molly…Arthur…You get to add one zero to the end of your amount.”

He then handed Charlie an envelope which was addressed, “To the Wife of Charlie Weasley.” He handed George, and Fred similar envelopes. “These letters go to your wives after you are married. They simply say that they will receive one million Galleons just like Fleur, Penny, and Hermione.” Harry then handed Fleur her envelope and then one to Molly addressed to “Mrs. Penelope Weasley”. “Percy’s Galleons are still there for whenever you decide he deserves them,” he informed the Weasley brood.”

Unsurprisingly, it was Bill who spoke into the silence, “Harry, are you telling us that you just gave Hermione and all six of us plus our wives or future wives one million Galleons each? And then, you tell Mum and Dad that they now have 50 million Galleons?” Molly finally realized what Harry had meant by the zero comment and she started stuttering something no one could understand.

“Well no, Lady Ginny and I did!”

Molly finally found her voice, “NO! NO! NO!”

Harry said rather loudly, “Yes, Yes, Yes because it is already done. Grorn said we have too many Galleons just sitting there and they needed to be put back into circulation or something. He said something about the Galleons being idle far too long. I don’t understand what he was talking about. Don’t worry about the Galleons, that amount is only one year’s worth of profit, interest, and royalties from all the stuff we own. And he said the Galleons have been just sitting there drawing interest for the last fifty to sixty years.”

Harry was on a roll now, “Remus…Tonks…For you two, I have a really lovely mess for you. I’m sure I will find out the details Monday, but it seems that all three Malfoys were killed during the battle. Sirius was the closest family member left who was not a Death Eater, so the Malfoy Estate went to his estate which then went to me. I have instructed Grorn to transfer that whole mess to you two. I don’t want it. Kingsley has asked that you allow the M.L.E to go through the Manor before you do anything with it.”

Rapidly turning to Professor McGonagall, “As for you Professor, I just found out you don’t need any Galleons personally, so what I done is set up a Trust Fund for you to control to provide funds for those current and future students who may need to have some help with a few Galleons here and there.”

“In the mean time, My Lady and I invite all of you to a formal dinner at the Potter’s house. And I am sure you don’t want to get the House Elves mad at me, so let us proceed there,” Harry finished with a big puff of air.

A/N Chapter 18 Dinner Party