Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2 Gifts



The four teens went down to the Great Hall for dinner. It was a weird feeling to see the Great Hall with only one table and settings for four. After dinner, Ron and Hermione stated they were going to take a walk around the lake. Harry and Ginny decided to go up to the Gryffindor common room.



Ron and Hermione left the castle and headed for Hagrid’s hut. When the arrived, the two saw Fang laying in the sun, all stretched out, soaking up the last rays of the day. Fang jumped up, like he had been startled, and started attacking the two’s faces with massive licks of his tongue. They finally got him to quit only after the two vigorously scratched behind his ears. Little whimpering sounds began coming from deep in Fang’s chest.



Hagrid came out of his hut carrying a huge basket that made a deep thud sound when he sat it down. “’lright there, Ron and Hermione.”



“Cheers, Hagrid. What you doing?” Ron asked looking at the huge basket.



“Jus’ goin’ to feed Fluffy. Want to help?”



“Oh no, Hagrid, we just stopped to say hi and then we are going to walk around the lake.” Hermione quickly responded.



“’lright then,” Hagrid grinned, checking to make sure he had his flute before picking the basket up and heading for the forest.



Ron and Hermione slowly walked down to the trail that followed the shore of the lake. They were holding hands. Ron suddenly moved his arm around her back, while still holding her hand, making Hermione move tighter into his side. They walked in quiet comfort until they reached a spot that trees had grown to form a perfect snogging spot, hiding those who used it from others that may be walking the trail around the lake.



Ron led Hermione into the secluded area and turned to her. Hesitating only slightly, Ron kissed her with a passion that many people would be shocked to see. For any wizard or witch that knew Hermione, would be in shock at seeing the feverous zeal that Hermione returned the kiss. Unable to catch their breath, they broke apart, both breathing deep. Ron recovered first, “I love you, Hermione. I loved you for a long time. I so ashamed…” Hermione had cut him off by placing two fingers on his mouth.



“I know, Ron. I’ve known since the Yule Ball. I just wasn’t ready to acknowledge it.” Hermione then kissed him with one of those feverous kisses.



A lack of oxygen once again stopped their snogging. “Hermione, what do you want to do after Hogwarts?”



“I don’t know for sure, maybe teach, maybe work as an Unspeakable, I just don’t know.”



“How do you feel about children?”



“I would love to have one or two but not right away. I do know that I want to have a career first. What about you?”



Ron’s face brightened, more than the snogging produced, “A dozen…two dozen…as many as possible!”



“Ron! It’s not your body that will have to carry all those babies. Beside, we couldn’t afford to raise that many.”



“We could if I was an Auror. They are paid better than the average Ministry employee.”



Hermione sensed something not right with that statement and asked, “Ron, you and Harry both feel you need to be Aurors, but what is your dream?”



“Dream?” Hermione nodded, silently urging him to open up. “My dream is to play Quidditch.” Hermione smiled and kissed him lightly.



“Ron,” she whispered against his lips, “Some dreams do come true, mine did.” Once again, Hermione and Ron began kissing, with enthusiasm.



Harry and Ginny had spent the last couple of hours talking. Strangely, their conversation was along similar lines as Ron and Hermione’s.



“Harry, what do you want to do after Hogwarts?”



“Well, I need to become an Auror so I can continue the fight against Voldemort and the Death Eaters.”



“Harry,” Ginny said as she sat in Harry’s lap and slowly stroked his cheek with her fingers, “not what you need to do but what you want to do.”



“Quidditch, you know how much I love to fly. That would be brill.”



“What about you, Ginny? What do you want to do in two years when you finish Hogwarts?”



Ginny was quiet and Harry noticed, very still, her fingers just resting on his cheek. “I just want to raise your children, lots and lots of them.”



Stunned, “What about…don’t you want to be a Healer or something?”



“I might do that for a couple of years but really, I just want to stay at home and raise our children.” Ginny looked at into Harry’s eye, seeing something not quite right. “Harry, how many children do you want?”



“I always thought two, so he or she doesn’t grow up alone like me.” Smiling mischievously, “But I’ll settle for lots and lots, if that is my only choice.” Ginny leaned into Harry and he buried his face into her neck, smelling her strawberry shampoo and her natural aroma. Harry had figured out, rather slowly, that Ginny didn’t need to wear perfume, her natural aroma was most pleasing to Harry.



Harry had asked her about it back right after they started seeing each other and Ginny, not so upset about being poor as Ron, told him that the perfume she could afford never smelled right to her and the more expensive ones were just that, too expensive for her, so she just didn’t wear any.



They both had gone upstairs to change into their night clothes. Unknown to the other, both had taken quick showers. Harry was the first back down to the common room and was sitting in a chair waiting for Ginny to return. The silence in the common room was quietly broken by Ginny as she sat down on Harry’s lap. Harry leaned his head on her shoulder while she put her head on top of his. They both were just enjoying each other’s company. Harry finally spoke, “Ginny, you’re not mad at the way I proposed are you?”



“No, Harry, why would you say something like that?” Ginny whispered, still not believing the last couple of hours. She kept playing with her left ring finger and her new piece of jewelry.



“Well, you haven’t kissed me since we left Minerva’s office.” Ginny giggled, leaned back, grabbed Harry’s head, and kissed him. This kiss was way better than that first one after the Quidditch match. Harry lost complete track of time while Ginny and he snogged.



Suddenly the porthole open and Ron and Hermione entered the common room and came to a sudden stop. “Oh, we didn’t realize you were still up,” Hermione said breathlessly. Harry glanced at the clock and was shocked to see it was past two o’clock in the morning.



“Of course we are, we have been sitting here snogging,” Ginny proclaimed.



Ron started to get a disgusted look on his face, but Hermione hit him in the stomach before it materialized. “We are going to bed,” Hermione said as she kissed Ron, and then push Ron towards the stairs to his and Harry’s dorm.



“I really need to go to bed,” Ginny whispered.



“I know.” Harry squeezed Ginny a little tighter.



“I…need…to…go…to…bed,” Ginny said through a yawn.



“Yes.”



Harry slowly realized that there was bright sunshine on his face. Coming fully awake, Harry saw Ginny was still asleep on his lap. Harry smiled and buried his face in her hair. Ginny stirred and mumbled. “What did you say, Ginny?”



“Don’t stop,” she mumbled louder. A few minutes later Hermione quietly came down from the girl’s dorm and convinced Ginny she better get upstairs before Ron realized she had slept on Harry’s lap. After they went back upstairs, Harry slowly went up to his bed to finish sleeping the morning away.



A few hours later, Harry awoke to find that Ron had already left the dorm. Harry quickly showered and dressed. He went down to the common room to where the others were sitting around the fireplace. Hedwig and Pig were both perched on the back of a chair, asleep.



“Good morning, Mate. About time you woke up. Now we can go to breakfast.”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to keep you.”



“Don’t worry about it, Luv. We have only been here a few minutes.” Ginny reached for Harry’s hand and pulled herself up and kissed him briefly. She then led him to the portal hole and on down to the Great Hall. Breakfast was a subdued affair with little talking. Even Ron seemed to be distress as he only filled his plate once.



When the four teens left the hall heading back to the common room, Harry felt a sudden urge to hold Ginny. Stopping just outside the corridor that led to the portrait of the Fat Lady, Harry wrapped Ginny in a bone crushing hug that was returned by Ginny. Easing up the pressure of the hug, Harry was surprised to hear Ginny sobbing softly into his chest. Together they made their way to the portrait, where the Fat Lady opened without a password.



Harry sat down on a sofa, pulling Ginny into his lap. “Harry, I’m so afraid. What are we going to do without him? How are we going to defeat V…V…Vol…Voldemort?”



“It’s okay, Ginny. Everything will be okay. I miss him too.” Ginny felt Harry’s chest move as he noiselessly wept into her hair.



Later, once again they found themselves in the Headmistress office. A quick glance at Dumbledore’s portrait showed him still asleep. Harry and the rest sat down. Molly came into the office, “Arthur had to go to the office today.”



“Just letting you know, more than a quarter of the students have agreed to come back to school so far,” advised Minerva. Everyone smiled at that news.



“Ron…Ginny…Hermione, these letters arrived for you early,” said Minerva.



They all went to Minerva’s desk and pick a letter from Gringotts. All three letters contained a key and a note. The note stated the key must be presented to the goblin at the desk to get access to their vault. The note also stated there was a balance of 10,000 Galleons in each vault. All three started to talk at the same time. Harry held up his hand, “Don’t say a word. I have more Galleons that I could spend, so you can just help me spend some of them.”



Hermione walked over and gave Harry a hug, while Ron just kept staring at the letter, mumbling, “I have 10,000 Galleons.” Harry laughed as he saw Ginny pinch herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. Harry knew the happiest person in the room was himself. He was watching two of his best friends slowly realize that they could now buy things they only dreamed about before.



Minerva watched the two youngest Weasley children with a slight smile on her face. “Nobody deserved it more than those two,” she thought. Minerva and Harry looked at each other and smiled, realizing that both were thinking the same thing. Finally, Minerva got everyone seated. “Okay, today we will talk about some very specific things in Dumbledore’s will and some other urgent things. Dumbledore has left each of you a gift. He also asked that you do him a few more favors.”



“Ronald, Dumbledore would like you to have this for your remarkable performance in the dungeon your first year,” she said pointing at a finely crafted wooden box. Ron went to the desk and picked it up. Taking it back to his seat, he opened the box and gasped. “This wizard chess set was given to him by Gringotts for a service he did as a young man for the bank. He asks you to always find time to have a good game,” Minerva directed. Ron could only nod.



Harry leaned over and was impressed with the finest goblin silver and gold chess set and board he ever seen. Harry was very delighted for Ron, especially since he was always complaining that everything he owned was rubbish. He can’t say that about this!



“Hermione, this was left to you,” handing her what looked like a Muggle ruler. “This is called a ‘fact finder’. If you place it on the cover of a book, ask it to find a topic, it will glow bright if that topic is in the book; you still have to find it within the book. I am sure this will cut down on some of all those hours you spend in the library, so you could be doing something more enjoyable,” Minerva implied as Hermione blushed almost as well as Ron.



“Ginny, Dumbledore wished you to have this book.” Ginny reached for a moderately thick book. Harry was surprised to hear her grunt from the effort of picking it up. Harry knew for a fact that Ginny was a ball of muscles. Putting the book down on the small table in front of them, Harry glanced at the title, The Complete Spell Book for the One You Love. “As you know, Harry will lose his protection that came from his mother in a few months and Dumbledore thought you and him could use this. Ginny, I must warn you, you two must think very hard before using any or some of these spells.”



“Harry, this is yours.” Harry’s eyes followed Minerva’s stretched out arm to the Pensieve. “If you will come to my office for an hour this weekend, I’ll show you how to use it.”



Minerva looked at the kids and couldn’t help wondering what was wrong with them. They all were so still and quiet. In a matter of minutes, the four young adults had gone from happy and smiling to downcast and gloomy. She looked at Molly. They stared at each other, questioning each other. “Harry…Ginny…Hermione…Ron, what’s wrong?” Minerva asked.



Harry looked up and cleared his throat, but then looked down again. Finally, Ginny spoke up, “Sorry, Minerva, at breakfast this morning, it finally hit all of us at the same time that Dumbledore is truly gone, and well, we are just in the dumps. When we got back to the common room, all of us had a good cry. These gifts just brought it up again, that’s all.”



Minerva looked at the two couples and realized neither couple was holding hands or anything lovers do. “Tell you what, you need cheering up. How about taking your gifts back to the common room and come back here in a bit. I’ll send for some butterbeer and have the kitchen prepare a fun meal for us.”



When the door closed behind the two couples, a clap of delight was heard. Molly and Minerva both looked at Dumbledore’s portrait. “What?” Molly asked.



Dumbledore’s portrait grinned, “I can’t believe it. They are further along than even I would have thought. They all were hit at the same time, and they all cried together. We need to advance the schedule up,” Dumbledore assured the two witches.



Molly looked worried. “Albus, are you sure? I know it took awhile to convince Arthur and me and I’m sure it took longer with the Grangers, as they are Muggles, but are you sure?”



“Yes, Molly, they are starting to connect with each other. You heard Ginny. Harry is finally letting his emotions show and not bottling them inside until he explodes. Molly, I know I told you, but the four individuals that just left here, when we get them trained, will form one of the most powerful forces known to wizards and witches. I have no doubt in a few years, as individuals they will be some of our most powerful, but we don’t have the time to let it develop,” Dumbledore emphasized again to Molly.



“All right, I agree,” Molly said as she sat back into her chair.



“Good, because the kids are on their way back,” Minerva said. She waved her wand and a tub full of butterbeer appeared and a large tray of food.



Harry and the rest entered Professor McGonagall’s office, in definitely better spirits. The trip down to the common room seemed to take forever, but the trip back seemed to bring a spring to their steps.



Minerva asked Harry to pass out the butterbeer and Ron to make her and his Mum a plate. Ginny then made her and Harry a plate while Hermione made herself one, then just pushed the tray over in front of Ron. Minerva couldn’t help but grin at this.



Clearing her throat, Minerva informed them that one of the favors Dumbledore would like them to do was to stay at Hogwarts over the holidays and receive some advance training. “Molly has already agreed for you three to stay if you want, and I received owl from your parents agreeing too, if you want, Hermione.”



Ginny was first to agree, soon followed by Harry. Ron looked at Hermione and they both agreed also.



“Excellent. What we have scheduled is for the next four weeks, four hours a day is Occlumency and Legilimency, an hour for wand practice, and then two hours of dueling.”



Shocked, Harry pleaded, “Professor, I don’t want to take Occlumency.” Harry remembered how much pain Snape put him in while taking lessons from him. Ginny grabbed his hand and stroked his arm with her fingers. Harry immediately calmed down. Hermione and Ron also looked worried, remembering how Harry looked and felt after those lessons.



Minerva assured Harry, “Not to worry, Harry. We have a new teacher for you and this teacher is a great improvement over Snape,” saying Snape’s name with a growl.



“Who is it?” Harry blurted out rather rudely.



“Dumbledore’s brother Aberforth. He taught Dumbledore and some others. He tells me is method of teaching is totally different from your last experience,” informed Minerva.



“Minerva, what will we be doing?” quizzed Hermione.



Minerva answered, “Oh, I’m sorry. All of you will be following this schedule. Ginny, I know you are a year behind, but I know they and you will work hard to catch you up with them.”



Minerva went on, “The wand training will mostly involve learning how to do the incarnations silently like you started learning this past year. Harry, when I questioned Hagrid about that night, he said you were not able to get off even one spell. He said Snape,” once again growled, “blocked every spell you tried because you were shouting the incantations. Professor Flitwick has agreed to help you and the rest with this training. Professor Lupin will be conducting your dueling class with help from members of the Order.”



Taking a deep breath, Minerva continued, “Also, Harry, for one hour a day after dinner, you will be teaching Ginny how to Apparate in the Great Hall. You, Ron, and Hermione will also use this time to practice.”



“Uh…What? I haven’t even passed my test,” Harry yelped.



“I know, but Hermione passed her test, and if not for an eyebrow, Ronald would have passed his test. As for you, once Madam Rosmerta was out from under the Imperius Curse, she was able to tell us about Dumbledore’s condition that night. It became very obvious that it was you who brought him back from wherever you and he were visiting that night.” Minerva looked at Harry and was waiting for him to volunteer the information. Harry remained silent. After a few seconds, Minerva continued, “Molly and I have convinced the Ministry of Magic that it would be a good idea, since she will always be with you, she can get you, Ron, or Hermione out of trouble if you can’t do it yourself. I have faith in you, and Molly agreed to help too, if you need it.”



Harry looked at Ginny and reached for her hand, “Ginny, is this alright with you?” asked Harry.



“Yes but, Minerva, why am I being asked to do this extra training? I won’t be of legal age for another year,” inquired Ginny.



It wasn’t Minerva who spoke up, but Molly, “Gin baby, when you and Harry are married, the Ministry of Magic will then consider you of legal age, and all three of you can go take your Apparate test together.”



“Oh, Hermione,” said Minerva, “have you sent an owl to your parents yet?”



“What about you, Ronald? It might a good idea to ask her parent’s permission to marry their daughter,” Minerva directed.



Ron turned a deep red, “Uh…yes…I got to go!” Ron left the office so fast he forgot to say ‘bye’ to his Mum.



The color drained from Harry’s face, he didn’t ask either. Harry looked at Mrs. Weasley, who had a fierce look on her face, but then broke into a smile, “You have our permission, Harry.”



Molly stood up as Harry walked over to her, “Thanks, Mum,” he said as he hugged her.



“I would also be thinking of a date for this double wedding, I would suggest the first week in August. Now go, Hermione, before Ronald makes a fool of himself. You two, as well,” Minerva instructed the last three young adults.



Once again alone, Molly and Minerva look at Dumbledore. “Molly, you know this is for the good,” Albus said simply.



Molly shrieked, “She’s only fifteen! You are pushing her too fast, all of them too fast,” as she collapsed back into a chair.



“Yes, we are, but there is something special about them, especially Harry and Ginny. I wish I could have arranged their getting together sooner.”



“Sooner! They are still too young. And what do you mean something special about them?” Molly shrieked.



“Molly, calm down. Harry and Miss Weasley share a…but surely not…it would have been recorded.” Dumbledore’s portrait became silent as he stroked his beard.



“Albus, what are you thinking?” Minerva questioned.



Dumbledore grinned, and a twinkle could be seen in his eyes, even if he was just a portrait. “It is almost like they are Blood Bonded.”



“Blood Bonded! Albus Percival Wulfric Brain Dumbledore, this has gone on far too long. It stops now. I won’t allow it.”



“Molly! I said like they were Blood Bonded, but there is something different about it. There is no way they could have performed that ceremony without us knowing about it. Plus, a Blood Bond is between two people and what we have here clearly involves Miss Granger and Mr. Weasley too.”



Molly was gasping for air. ”How could he do this to her. First Harry, then Ginny, and now Ron and Hermione, all four of my youngest children mixed up in something like a Blood Bond. I won’t let this happen!”



“Molly, it is for the best.” Albus stressed again.



“But…” Molly began.



Minerva realized that Molly was about to really fly into a rage. She waved her wand and produced a bottle of Oden’s Old Firewhiskey and poured Molly a glass. “Drink this, Molly,” she commanded. Molly took the glass, not recognizing what it was drank it down in one gulp and then gagged.



“You know I don’t drink that stuff,” she gasped out.



“I know but you needed it.”



A/N Chapter 3 Occlumency and Legilimency



A/N I would love to acknowledge the great idea of the Blood Bond that was central to two of the best fanfics I have read in the last two years, Ancient Magic, and Blood o f the Heart by Kjpzak. If you haven’t read these two stories, then you are missing two wonderful stories.