Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 7 Weddings

A/N I have to give my Beta, mugglemomjackson, a big thank you for her ideas to make this chapter, well great, better, and complete. Can anyone guess what ideas were hers?

Monday morning found Harry standing outside the bathroom when Mrs. Weasley came up the stairs. Mrs. Weasley was still not comfortable with the sleeping arrangement, so she was very careful not to put any disappointment or concern in her voice. Then she realized she would not have any choice in the matter after tonight. “Good Morning Harry, you are up. I’ll just pop in and wake the rest up.”

“Everyone’s up, Mum. I’m just waiting for Ginny to get out of the bathroom so I can go in,” Harry responded.

“Well, tell everyone breakfast will be ready in ten minutes,” Molly said evenly.

“Okay, Mum,” Harry said as he hugged her. “Thanks for allowing me to be part of this family and then again later tonight,” he whispered to her. Mrs. Weasley turned away with tears in her eyes.

When the four came down, they found Moody, Remus, and Tonks already seated. “Professor Lupin, we are so glad you could make it. We didn’t think you would be able!” Hermione pronounced heartily.

“Normally I wouldn’t. Professor Slughorn has improved the Wolfsbane potion that allows me to recover one day sooner,” he said delightedly. Harry noted he and Tonks were holding hands.

“Tonks, are you here to help with the weddings?” suggested Ron, pretty well already knowing the answer.

“Oh no, I’m the chaperone. I’m to make sure you men don’t go on some wild wizard party thing. I also have very specific instructions on what color robes you are to pick out!” she divulged giggling, which just spoiled Ron’s plans for the day.

The small group prepared to go to The Leaky Cauldron by Floo Network. Hermione gave Ron a good-bye kiss while Ginny gave Harry a quick kiss too.

“Harry, take care, I love you.”

“I love you, Ginny.”


Harry was a little scared, truthfully. This was the first time since the funeral that he would be separated from Ginny.

Moody went first, then Ron, Bill, Harry, Tonks, and last Remus. After dusting themselves off, they decided to go to Gringotts to fill their bags with some Galleons. The door was opened by a Goblin who addressed Harry. “Good morning, Mr. Potter. Please go to the last station on the left.” Bill looked at Harry, then the Goblin, and then back at Harry. Bill was getting very curious about Harry and the Goblins sudden involvement with one another.

“I think we are going to have to tell Bill something, Ron,” said Harry.

“I know, he was asking questions about it yesterday while you and Ginny were out walking,” Ron informed Harry.


Grorn was waiting for them at the last station. “Good Morning, Grorn,” Harry said.

“Good morning, Mr. Potter. It is nice to see you again.” Harry introduced everyone. “Yes, I know Mr. Weasley; he has done excellent work for us for many years.”

“Ron, I just realized that I’m partly Bill’s boss!” roared Harry.

“Oh please, let me tell him Harry,” Ron begged.


“Grorn, we would like to get some Galleons for our purchases today,” advised Harry.

Grorn stated firmly, “Mr. Potter, Gringotts is paying for everything associated with these weddings.”

“Not the presents for our brides!” insisted Harry.

“Yes,” Grorn said more firmly.

Bill interrupted, “Don’t argue, Harry. Thank you, Grorn.”

Harry shook his head, “Yes. Thank you, Grorn.”

“Cheers, Grorn,” Ron said.

As they left Gringotts, Tonks spoke, “Why are they paying for everything?”

“I don’t know. I guess Mom and Dad were good customers or something,” Harry said with a slight smirk.

The group then went to Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions. As they entered, Madam Malkin herself greeted them at the door. She informed them that everything has already been prepared. Bill was led to the back first. Madam Malkin started fitting him with robes that were a dull matted silver color. In just a few minutes, Ron was called back. His robes were dark beige. Harry was fitted next with a crimson red rose color robes. Madam Malkin then called Remus’ back.

“But, I’m not getting married,” Remus protested mildly.

“But you and Moody are in the wedding party, your robes are right here.” Reluctantly, he went back and was fitted with light tan robes. Moody was fitted with black robes.

Tonks directed them back to The Leaky Cauldron. Waiting for them was Fred and George, Charlie, Mr. Weasley, Mr. Delacour, and Mr. Granger. Tom, the bartender, had set a huge table aside for them. Fred and George tried to ordering Firewhiskey, but Tonks told them that she had strict orders that everyone was to drink nothing but butterbeer. Tom the bartender served them a big five course meal.

Harry was still worried about Fred and George. They had been too nice since he arrived at the Burrow. Today was even worst. They were being so nice it was dripping off them. Harry just knew they were up to something. During the meal, Harry was just barely able to hide his surprise when Ginny called him.

”Harry?”

“Ginny! What’s wrong? Where are you?” Harry inquired anxiously.

“Oh, nothing is wrong. I am still at the Burrow. Fleur, Hermione, and I are getting our hair done. Hermione wanted to try this communication thing from a distance. Plus I just wanted to say I love you,” he heard Ginny say.

A surprised Harry replied, “I love you, too.”

“You are behaving yourself, aren’t you?” she giggled at him.

“Yes because Tonks is making us drink butterbeer!” Harry told her with a faint hurt.

“Okay, see you soon.”

Harry looked at Ron, “Did you just talk to Hermione?”

“Yes. I didn’t know they could do that!” Ron declared.

“Me either.”


After lunch, everyone went down to Weasley Wizarding Wheezes to view the latest inventions and merchandise. Harry vowed to himself not to touch or taste anything the twins offered him. After leaving Weasley Wizarding Wheezes, Harry was getting very jittery. Neither of the twins had come near him or asked him to taste anything.

Soon after leaving the twin’s store, Tonks informed them that she was going back to the Burrow so she could get ready for the weddings.

For the rest of the afternoon, they wandered around looking for presents for their brides. Ron chose a set of earrings that had small dancing unicorns. Bill found a delicate hairpin that was made of gold. Harry got a small necklace that had two flying doves.

Harry walked over to Remus who was looking at a small orb on a gold chain that changed color to match the wearer’s robes. “Go on, get it for her. She’ll love it. Remember Gringotts is paying for it. Besides, I haven’t thanked you for helping us over the summer, my third year, and for everything with Sirius,” Harry said as he clasped Remus on the shoulder.

Once again, they were told payment had already been arranged. Moody informed them that they needed to get back to The Leaky Cauldron. They were led to a back room. Moody informed everyone that they were to go to the back garden of the Burrow. Moody then grabbed a butterbeer bottle and said “Portus”. Charlie, George, Fred, Mr. Delacour, and Mr. Weasley Apparated back to the Burrow while Ron, Harry, Mr. Granger, Remus, and Moody all touched the bottle, three…two…one…”. No one stumbled as Remus was holding Mr. Granger’s arm.

Winky with Nancy holding on to her tea skirt tail, was waiting for them. She directed them to the orchard, where a tent was set up. Dobby was waiting for them in front of the tent. Dobby directed everyone into a large parlor just inside the entrance to the tent. “Mrs. Wheezy wishes to inform Sirs that the ceremony will begin at seven. The bathes are right down the hall. Sirs’ dress robes are laid out and ready. If Sirs need something from the house, Dobby will get it. Mr. Granger…Mr. Wheezy…Mr. Delacour, Mrs. Wheezy asks that Sirs be ready by half past six.”

Dobby then helped everyone get ready. This was not beneficial to Ron and Harry. This only gave them more time to think.

“Are you nervous, Harry?” Ron coughed out.

“No, you?” Harry cackled back to Ron.

“Yes!” Ron exploded.

“Me too! But I’m more nervous about what George and Fred are going to do.” This helped pass the time and before they knew it, Dobby was calling them to the door of the tent.

Dobby informed them to line up, “Mr. Remus, then Mr. Bill, then Mr. Ron, then Mr. Harry, and last, Mr. Moody, sirs.” Dobby led them out of the tent through the trees. When they cleared the trees, all were shocked; there must have been five hundred wizards and witches in the clearing. Harry recognized a few faces in the crowd; Angelina Johnson was sitting with Fred, Alicia Spinnet with George, and Luna Lovegood with Neville Longbottom.

As they neared the front of the crowd, Harry noticed Moody had slipped into a seat. When Harry looked at him, Moody had both eyes staring right at him. Harry was astonished when Moody winked at him. When they finally got through the crowd, Remus stopped dead in his tracks and turned as pale as Sir Nick. Bill actually had to grab him to keep him from falling down. Harry finally noticed that there were four glowing white tables instead of three. Harry guessed that Tonks was taking Remus’ resistance to marriage into her own hands and forcing Remus to make a decision. Remus stood still for several seconds and then slowly walked over to the far right table. Bill walked over to the middle right table, while Ron was at the middle left and Harry at the far left.

On the far side of each table was a Ministry of Magic Marriage Official wearing glowing white robes that matched the marriage tables; each table had a small pot of ink, a quill made from a Phoenix feather, and an enchanted parchment. On a separate table behind the marriage tables stood a large dragon-hide book.

Harry looked uncomfortably at the enchanted parchment lying on the table. Harry was remembering the conversation he had with Mrs. Weasley on Sunday. Harry had asked Mrs. Weasley to explain the ceremony since he had never been to a wizard marriage. Harry was not worried about the ceremony except for the enchanted parchment. Mrs. Weasley informed him that when the couple signed their name for the last time, the parchment would glow white signaling the couple’s love and bond to each other. The brighter and longer the parchment glowed, the greater the love and bond between the couple. A large part of Harry was anxious to see what the parchment did when he and Ginny signed their names. A small part was frightened that the parchment would do nothing.

Harry was startled back to the present as everyone rose as music began to play.

Tonks was the first to appear in silvery moon-colored robes, her hair a light brown. Harry watched Remus. He still had a pale look but Harry was glad to see him smile and reach for Tonks’ hand when she finally stood next to him.

Fleur was next, escorted by her father and little sister, Gabrielle. Her robes changed from dark red to light red. Bill was smiling.

Mr. Granger escorted Hermione whose robes so closely matched Ron’s hair that Harry first thought is was made from his hair! Harry heard Ron gasp for air for several seconds until Hermione stood next to him. Harry also noticed a slight iridescent blue color to her robes, too. Her hair was worn in a simple bun.

Harry stared, trying to memorize everything about Ginny. She wore green robes that matched his eyes with details in black that matched his hair. Her hair was pinned back over her ears and hung in ringlets down her back. Mr. Weasley gave Ginny a quick hug and kiss. He then shook hands with Harry.

Harry lovingly called, “Ginny, what did I do to ever deserve you? Everyday for the rest of my life, I will tell you how beautiful you are to me.”

“Harry, my dream is coming true and I will always love you.”


One of the Marriage Officials stated, “Gentlemen, please seat your ladies and yourselves at your appointed table. Each Official sat down across from the couples. The witch in front of Harry and Ginny was of a pleasant statue with a kind smile.

Starting with Remus, the Marriage Official asked him to read aloud his dedication statement and sign his name. Then Bill was instructed to read his dedication statement aloud and sign his name. Ron was next and then the witch instructed Harry to read his statement.

Then the Marriage Official instructed Tonks to read her dedication statement aloud and sign her name. Fleur and Hermione followed and then it was Ginny’s turn.

“Will the witnesses please come forth and read aloud this statement and sign your names.” Harry was surprised to see Fred Weasley and Luna Lovegood as their witnesses. Neville and Parvati were the witnesses for Ron and Hermione. Charlie and Gabrielle were for Bill and Fleur. Professor McGonagall and Mr. Weasley stood up for Remus and Tonks.

Again starting with Remus and Tonks, the Marriage Official stated, “Will the couple please hold hands and read this statement aloud and together.” The Official then asked the couple to sign their names one last time. After Tonks signed her new name the parchment glowed bright white and for several breaths. Bill and Fleur’s parchment glowed just as bright and for as long as the Lupin’s. Ron and Hermione’s parchment glowed so bright that Harry had to slightly shield his eyes with his hand. Harry heard Mrs. Weasley gasp, “Oh my!”

The Marriage Official then instructed Harry and Ginny to hold hands and read the statement aloud. Ginny and Harry were so perfectly matched that the witch had to look very closely to verify both were talking. “Please sign your name here Mr. Potter and your new name below his Mrs. Potter.”

“I like the sound of that, Mrs. Potter,” Harry bragged.

“And I have been waiting a long time to be called that!!” Ginny stressed.


When Ginny finished signing her name, the parchment started glowing so bright that Harry and Ginny had to turn their heads away. After several minutes, Harry was beginning to wonder if the parchment would ever return to normal. Finally it returned to its normal state.

Harry realized the crowd was very silent. Harry looked at the witch seated across the table who had a shocked look on her face. Harry then heard Mrs. Weasley, “Wow! Did you see that Arthur?” Harry noticed Mr. Weasley look like he was trying to catch snitches in front of his eyes.

Beginning to get a little frighten Harry turned to Ginny. ”Ginny, what is wrong?”

Slowly Ginny looked up from the parchment. “Harry, it is extremely unusual and very rare for the parchment to be that bright and last that long.”

“That is a good thing right?”

“Oh yes, Harry, a very good thing.”
Both Ginny and Harry smiled and burst out giggling. This seemed to break the silence and shock of the crowd and the Marriage Officials. The witch across from Ginny and Harry smiled. Clapping and yells came from the crowd.

Again starting with the Lupin’s, each couple was asked, “If you wish to exchange rings, you may do so now.” Unnoticed by Harry, Grorn had walked up behind Harry carrying the silver box with the RING in it and held the box to him.

“Ginny, do you want to put that ring on?” Harry asked.

“Yes, Harry,” Ginny proudly said.

“Are you sure?” Harry insisted.

“With all my heart, Harry," Ginny said.
“Have I told you I love you, Mrs. Potter?” Harry joked.

“No,” Ginny answered with a flat voice.

“I love you, Mrs. Potter,” Harry beamed with all his heart.

“And I love you, Mr. Potter,” Ginny replied with all her heart.


Harry took the ring from an impatient Grorn and placed it on her finger, saying out loud, “I Love You, Ginny.”

The dragon-hide book was placed in front of the Lupin’s who signed their names one more time. The book glowed a brief moment recording the marriage for eternity. The book was passed to the Weasley’s. Next it was passed to the next set of Weasley’s and then to the Potters. Harry noticed the leather appeared to be from a Hungarian Horntail dragon. When Harry went to sign his name, he started shaking so bad that he could barely hold the Phoenix quill. Ginny reached over and placed a hand on his arm, instantly calming Harry down so he could sign his name. Ginny then signed and the couple stood up and kissed. When Harry was questioned later, he couldn’t remember anything about the kiss except it didn’t last long enough.

The party afterwards went on past midnight. Bill and Fleur shortly followed by Tonks and Remus left around one o’clock. Mrs. Weasley got everyone else to leave around two o’clock.

As the guests left the party, Fred and George approach certain people and invited them to continue the party at The Leaky Cauldron. When Kingsley Shacklebolt heard about the continuing party, he sent a security detail to the pub to set up temporary wards. He felt this would be a good opportunity for the Death Eaters to attack a large group of wizards and witches who would be pissed and very tired.

The Weasleys and the Potters had made their escape around midnight to the Burrow’s kitchen where they ate cold sandwiches since they had forgotten to eat earlier. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Mr. and Mrs. Granger found them sitting around the table in silence. Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Granger got the newlyweds to their bedrooms, kissing their daughters and new son-in-laws before closing the doors.

Ginny got her wand out and perform the silence charm. Harry couldn’t even hear the ghoul in the attic. Harry turned to his bride, told her how beautiful she was, and kissed her.

When Kingsley arrived at The Leaky Cauldron after making sure the Burrow was secured for the night, he heard a loud rowdy party going on inside the pub. As all good commanders do, Kingsley visited each one of troops, spending a few minutes with each.

With the party still going strong at half past four in the morning, Kingsley received the first twinge of the wards. He cast his Patronus for the briefest moment to alert his troops that something was happening. Seconds later, twenty-five Death Eaters appeared just outside the temporary wards.

Being slightly confused at not arriving at they intended spot inside The Leaky Cauldron, allow the Aurors to get he first round of spells off into the Death Eaters before they could respond. Unlike the D.A., the Aurors were not limiting themselves to stunners only. Kingsley, along with the members of his detail, was extremely tired of the Death Eaters escaping from Azkaban and having to fight the same ones over and over. Several of the fallen Death Eaters would not move again.

Just as the Death Eaters were returning in the first of their spells and curses, the doors of the pub flew open. Fred and George led about thirty party goers out of the pub. Most of these wizards and witches were members of the D.A. or friends of Potters and Weasleys.

Vastly outnumbered, Death Eaters began to drop more frequently. Within minutes of the first Death Eaters appearance, they began to Apparate away. once the last of the able body Death Eaters had left, the Aurors and party goers began rounding up those still alive for transportation to the revolving doors of Azkaban, knowing full well that they will probably see them again.

Kingsley approached Fred and George, “I thought the two if you, and the rest of them, would be too pissed to fight.”

George or Fred pronounced, “That was our plan…”

The other twin continued, “We figured the Poo Munchers couldn’t resist…”

“A bunch of drunken friends of Harry’s…”

“So we arranged this little ambush party…”

“But it appears somebody beat us to the punch,” the twins finished together.

Kingsley was chuckling quite hard by the time the twins finished. “I guess great minds think alike.” Becoming serious, Kingsley looked over to the Aurors who were gathering and identifying the dead Death Eaters, “At least we won’t have to fight that lot any more.”

A/N Chapter 8 12 Grimmauld Place