Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 8 12 Grimmauld Place

Ginny slowly untangled herself from Harry and got out of bed. She started to reach for her clothes when a pleasant surprise came.

“Mrs. Potter you are beautiful,” Harry said trying to catch his breath.

“You’re supposed to be asleep!” Ginny gasped only slightly embarrassed by not having any clothes on.

“Not when my wife tries sneaking out of our bed without giving me a kiss,” Harry said with a mischievous look. Ginny gladly paid the toll.

Breaking apart Ginny exclaimed, “Harry, I need to go downstairs. Mum is up and she’s concerned about me.”

“Is something wrong?” Harry said worriedly.

“Actually no, but she thinks there might be,” Ginny giggled.


It slowly dawned on Harry what she was talking about.

“Are you sure you are okay?” Harry sputtered.

“Yes, I’m extremely fine.” Ginny replied happily.

“Okay luv, let me know when it is safe to come down,” Harry joked.

“No, you stay right there and I’ll bring breakfast up,” Ginny commanded.


Ginny got dressed and went downstairs. “Hi Mum…Mrs. Granger.”

“Hello, Gin.”

“Hi, Ginny, and please call me Barbara.”

“Okay Barbara.”

“Ginny, take this potion,” Mrs. Weasley demanded.

“Mum, I don’t need it. Harry was very gentle and kind to me last night. I’m going to fix us a plate and go back upstairs,” Ginny said with a huge grin.

Hermione open the door to her and Ron’s room just as Ginny closed the door to her and Harry’s room. The two just missed seeing each other. Hermione went downstairs and greeted the two mothers. “Hi Mom…Mrs. Weasley,” she called.

“Hermione, please Mum,” Mrs. Weasley demanded.

“Okay Mum.”

“Hermione, Molly has a potion for you,” Mrs. Granger said with a little reservation.

“What do I …Oh, I don’t need it. Ron was very gentle and kind last night. I’m going to fix us a plate and go back upstairs,” Hermione said excitedly.

After Hermione went upstairs, Barbara looked at Molly. “Am I missing something or did they plan that?” Molly looked at her and shrugged her shoulders.

The newlyweds all came down in time for lunch. Ron walked up, hugged, and kissed Mrs. Granger’s cheek. Harry did the same to Mrs. Weasley, and then surprised everyone by hugging and kissing Mrs. Granger. “What was that for?”

“I haven’t figured it out yet, that’s Hermione’s job, but we have to be related somehow now!” he smiled.

During lunch, Harry was staring at Mrs. Weasley’s famous clock. The clock was slightly turned away from Harry, so he couldn’t get a proper look at the face. He was trying to figure out what was different about it. Finally, his curiosity got the better of him and he walked over to the clock. Mrs. Weasley watched Harry with a small smile while everyone else was wondering what he doing. Harry took a few seconds to look at the clock before he broke into a huge smile and turned to Mrs. Weasley. Walking over to her, Harry again hugged and kissed her. Harry turned to Hermione, “I guess Fleur, you, and me are officially part of the family now,” Harry explained pointing to the clock. Hermione jumped up and went to look at the clock. Then, she went to Mrs. Weasley giving her a hug and kiss.

They finished lunch and then went out to the orchard.

Barbara looked at the four as they headed out the door and turned back to Mrs. Weasley, “Molly, I don’t know how you feel, but I think my family has been greatly enriched now that we are related to Ron, Harry, and Ginny!”

The orchard once again found the four sitting on sofas that Ginny produced. Harry chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“I still have to wait two days before I can do magic, but Ginny gets to do it now!” Harry said with a laugh.

“Harry that was very nice of you to hug my mother,” said Hermione.

“Hermione, you are one of my oldest and closest friends, married to one of my oldest and closest friends who happens to be my brother and brother-in-law. How could we not be related?” Harry proclaimed with a smile.

Hermione went over to Harry and hugged and kissed him on the cheek.

Ginny said with a laugh, “Hey, you leave my husband alone!” Everyone broke out in laughter.

Ron broke into the laugher, “Has anyone noticed any more changes in us?” All nodded yes. “Well, I’m not so tired as before. I mean 4 or 5 hours sleep is enough now and I’m not so grumpy in the mornings either.”

Ginny described the change she noticed. “That’s relates to me. All those hours I was putting in at Hogwarts was making me bone tired, but soon I was doing it all on 4 to 5 hours of sleep. I couldn’t figure out where I was getting all the energy. It happened again last night. Well…we… anyway, I was tired and not wanting to disappoint Harry, I borrowed some energy from him. I must have been borrowing energy back at Hogwarts without realizing it, but last night I consciously did it!”

Harry exclaimed, “That was you? I thought the day was just catching up with me. Ginny, you could never disappoint me anyway.”

Ron got this embarrassing look on his face. “Ron, get over it. They’re married and of course they made love last night!” Hermione commanded.

After kissing Ron, Hermione continued, “You three have always been the athletes, active in Quidditch and stuff, so you may not have noticed, but I have more physical strength than before. I mean Ginny has always had muscles, now I’m getting them too!”

“I think you are right, Hermione,” said Ginny looking at her closely.

“I don’t have anything that easy to notice,” Harry said. “What I have is that my thought process seems to have improved. Hermione has always been the first to get new charms or spells correct. The last couple of days at Hogwarts, I noticed that we all were mastering a new spell almost at the same time.”

Ginny was able to put it together and related it to the others. “Our magical ability seems to have leveled out evenly between us. But, we haven’t peaked yet. We are learning at the same pace. We still have our little differences, like Hermione great at research, Ron is super at strategy, and Harry at leadership. Together, we are a great team.”

“Ginny, don’t sell yourself short, I think you are great in a few things, too!” Harry declared.

“Harry! THAT does not count!!” Ginny squeaked.


“Yes, it does. Do you know it actually scared me that we would be separated yesterday before the weddings? I calmed down when you ‘talked’ to me. Ginny, I know you have become my anchor. You hold us together. You provide us a place to return to.” Hermione and Ron both nodded their heads at this statement. “Plus, I haven’t lost my temper at all lately. I know with you beside me that we will defeat Voldemort,” Harry pronounced with serious determination.

Ginny hugged Harry hard and thought, Please let it be true.

Wednesday morning was another perfect summer day as the Weasley household came awake. The newlyweds were dressed and sitting at the table when the rest came downstairs. Mr. and Mrs. Granger were leaving on the morning train and everyone was going to the station to see them off. The Lupins appeared outside the fence to the Burrow and walked up to the door. The trip to the station and back was uneventful except Mrs. Granger hugged Ron and Hermione for so long that they almost missed the train. Back at the Burrow, everyone sat down to once again eat an excellent breakfast. Dobby and Winky even came downstairs. Winky was holding Nancy. The girls were making cooing sounds and Ginny gave Harry a wink while she was holding Nancy.

Finishing their meal, everyone went upstairs to pack for a few days in London. Harry was the first back down and found Tonks and Remus setting every close. “Excuse me,” Harry said softly.

“Wotcher Harry, that’s okay,” Tonks assured Harry.

“Professor Lupin, Thursday afternoon or night, I like to go to 4 Privet Drive to say ‘Bye’ to my aunt. Would that be a problem?” Harry said with little emotion.

Professor Lupin answered back, “No, Harry.”

“Good, I’ll send Hedwig with a note telling her we will be there,” said Harry as he found himself dreading the trip to the Dursley’s already.

When Harry went back upstairs to Ginny’s room, he found Ginny crying. Walking over to her he held her close until the snobs stopped. “What’s the matter, Ginny?”

“Nothing, Harry. It’s just a female thing,” Ginny said through sniffles.

“Ginny, I don’t have to look in your mind to sense that you are very disappointed about something?” Harry mumbled into her hair.

“This talent can be a pain!” Ginny roared.

“I like it. Your presence in my mind keeps me so much calmer, fuller, and loved. What’s wrong, Honey?” Harry urged.

“Your ‘heir’ didn’t get started this month!” Ginny cried.

“Honey, don’t worry about it. It will happen when it’s ready. Besides, I need the practice,” he joked trying to get her to smile.

Ginny hit him in the stomach. “You’re not disappointed?”

“No, Ginny. You cannot disappoint me. It is me disappointing you which scares me!” Harry confessed to her.

“Harry, stop it. I know you will never disappoint me, again. I won’t let you.” Ginny kissed him hard.

“Ginny, are you two ready?” said Hermione.

“Yes, we are on our way,” Ginny answered out of breath.


Harry pulled a letter from inside his robes and walked over to Hedwig, who held her leg out as Harry tied the letter on. “Take this to Aunt Petunia. Try to avoid Uncle Vernon if possible. Then meet us at Sirius’ house.” Harry scratched her neck. Hedwig nipped his finger and then flew out the window.

Ginny didn’t want Harry to ever go back to that place. “Do you really have to go there Harry?”

“Yes Ginny, she is my mother’s sister and at the least I need to say ‘goodbye’,” he said indifferently.

The Lupins, Weasleys, and Potters all touched a finger to the portkey, three…two…one… One more day and we won’t have to use those portkeys any more as Harry felt the tug from his navel. As the group became aware of their surroundings, Hermione shrieked, “This is very nice.” They had appeared in a small square just outside 12 Grimmauld Place. They were standing in a little cleared area in front of the door. In a half circle that extended from one side of the door to the other side was an eight foot tall hedge that blocked the view of the rest of the square. “When did this happen?” Hermione asked.

Tonks beamed, “A bunch of the houses surrounding the square were sold last year. The new Muggles owners decided to clean up the square, so we built this to hide the door. They think the hedges hide a very boring looking wall. If you want to go into the square, just walk up to the hedge and say, ‘Padfoot.’ We haven’t been able to do much to the inside. And remember to be quiet in the hall.”

Professor Lupin smiled, “Honey, please watch out for the troll leg.” Tonks laughed and kissed him.

“You always tell me that, yet I still trip over it most days!” Professor Lupin touched his wand to the door and they tiptoed into the kitchen. For once Tonks didn’t trip over the troll’s leg.

Professor Lupin went about getting everyone some butterbeer. “Harry…,” he looked uncomfortable, “Harry, we…”

“Professor Lupin,” Harry said. Harry saw Remus wince; the four decided a long time ago to continue to call him Professor just out of respect and to keep his self-esteem up. They knew he still hadn’t found a job. “Professor, you two can stay in Sirius’ room and I still will not take any rent from you. You were Sirius’ foster brother, now Tonks and you are my foster godparents. You are family and I don’t take rent from family.”

Tonks put her arm around Remus and smiled at Harry. “Harry, I can pay rent now. I have a job,” he said proudly.

Three voices called out together, “Wow! That’s great! Where?”

Harry was the loudest though, “You are still NOT paying rent!”

“Well, I start September 1st,” he implied while he looked at Tonks and smiled.

“You’re teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again!” Hermione shrieked and clapped.

“Yes! Professor McGonagall talked to the school governors and they agreed but on one condition. I have to leave Hogwarts at the full moon. Professor Slughorn has improved the potion again. When I take it, I just sleep the night away. All the kid’s parents have been notified and so far no one has objected.”

“Who’s going to teach the classes when you are gone?” Hermione demanded.

“Arrangements are being made,” he said with a mischievous grin.

Ginny said, “At least you will see each other once a month.”

“Actually it is the other way around,” he said. “We will not see each other for a few days each month.”

Ron had a puzzled look until Ginny piped loudly, “Tonks is the new Transfiguration teacher!”

“Yes,” Tonks beamed again. “The governors wanted some more security. Also, Kingsley feels this will allow me access to the students we normally couldn’t get.”

Professor Lupin looked sternly at each one of them. “I do not want to hear about any midnight strolls from you four either or your Head of House will have to take action.”

Everyone giggled except Ron, “What’s so funny?” Finally, Hermione whispered in his ear. Laughing again at Ron’s blush, Professor Lupin asked the group what they were planning on doing today.

Instead of answering, Harry spoke loudly, “Dobby, can you come here please?” A small ‘pop’ sounded his arrival. Dobby greeted everyone. “Dobby is going to help me with Kreacher,” Harry told Remus and Tonks. “Are you ready, Dobby?”

Dobby chirped, “Yes, Harry Potter, sir.”

“Kreacher, come here,” Harry said forcefully. When he didn’t appear Harry called again, “Kreacher, come here!” Still Kreacher didn’t show up. “Dobby, please go to Hogwarts and get Kreacher.”

While Dobby was gone Remus told them that Mrs. Black’s room had been cleaned up now that Buc…Witherwings, was back with Hagrid. The room had its own bath, too. The other rooms all shared a bath.

“Harry, you and Ginny take Mrs. Black’s room. We will be fine in Ron’s old room,” Hermione said.

A small ‘pop’ stopped all conversations as Dobby appeared alone. “Harry Potter, sir, Kreacher died last night.” This announcement produced a mild shock to the group and a clog in Harry’s plans.

Ginny looked at Dobby, “Is there anything we need to do?”

“No, Mrs. Ginny. The other House Elves took care of everything,” Dobby informed them.

“Do we need to notify his family?” voiced Hermione.

“No, Mrs. Hermi. Kreacher had no family,” Dobby said, almost sadly.

“I think it’s time for lunch,” Tonks said into the silence. She started to prepare lunch and Dobby asked to help, which she allowed. After lunch, Harry asked Ron, Remus, and Dobby to walk through the house and see it they could find any hidden rooms. He then asked the ladies to go to each room and decide how they would redecorate if he was successful. Then, Harry grabbed a chair and went to the hallway. Harry sat down in front of Mrs. Black’s portrait and woke her up.

Mrs. Black opened her mouth to screamed, but something in Harry’s eyes stopped her. The corners of Harry’s lips began to twitch in to a smile. “Thank you for not screaming at me, Mrs. Black. I’m here to tell you that Kreacher died in his sleep last night.”

Mrs. Black gave Harry a knowing look. “As much as I wanted to, I did not kill him.”

“Then what are you doing here, Mudblood?”

“Mrs. Black, I have been nice to you, I would like the same courtesy. We do not have to like each other, but as I own this house now, I think it would be better all around if we at least respected each other.”

“I can’t haveI respect for the likes of you and the people you hang around with.”

“That is too bad, Mrs. Black. I will not have you being disrespectful to my family. If you cannot respect the people I allow into this house, I see no choice but to remove you from this wall.”

“That’s very funny, Potter, nobody can remove me from this wall,” Mrs. Black said very confidently.

“That may be the case, Mrs. Black, but if I have to I will destroy your portrait. If I can’t do that, then I will destroy this wall. If that doesn’t work, I will destroy this manor.”

“YOU WOULDN’T DARE!” Mrs. Black yelled. Harry was able to hear just a little fear in her voice.

“Wouldn’t I? Mrs. Black, your own son hated his place. Why what I want to keep something that was an embarrassment to him.”

“I had another son, one that followed the true Path.”

“Yes, two sons both killed by Death Eaters even though one of them was a Death Eater. What does that say about your Dark Lord?” Mrs. Black was actually stopped by statement. Before she could say anything, Harry began speaking again. “Mrs. Black, now that both your sons had passed, the Black family name will soon be lost to history. Due to this fact, I would like to offer you a proposal.”

“What kind of proposal, Potter?”

“Mrs. Black, if you will respect my family, I’ll respect yours. I will allow one room of this manor to be a shrine to your family and you allow the rest of the manor to me and my family.”

When Ginny quietly walked into the hall several hours later, Harry and Mrs. Black were finishing up a very long and tough negotiation. “Harry, supper is ready.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.” Harry turned back to Mrs. Black, “So are we in agreement, Mrs. Black?”

Mrs. Black looked at him for a long minute. “Yes, Mr. Potter. I will agree to these proposals.”

“I’ll be back later to work out the minor details,” Harry added.

During the meal Harry informed them that Mrs. Black agreed to be moved to a spare room which would be converted into a memorial of the Black family. All the heirlooms would be placed in the room. Harry also convinced her to restore the Black Family tapestry to its full glory, putting all the names back on it. She also agreed to allow the house to be redecorated. Harry looked at Tonks seriously and then with a grin, “She also agreed to get rid of the troll leg. She didn’t really like it. It liked to trip her too!” Everyone chuckled at this especially when Tonks kissed Harry’s cheek.

Hermione could not contain her curiosity any longer, “Harry, what did you say to Mrs. Black to get her agree to all those things?”

Harry replied in a soft crackling voice, “I informed her that ‘The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black’ doesn’t have anyone to carry on the family name. I also pointed out that if she didn’t want the name of ‘Black’ to be lost to the Wizarding World, she needs to change her attitude.” Smiling slightly Harry continued, “I also threaten to have the manor torn down if she didn’t change.”

Both Ginny and Hermione yelled, “Harry, you wouldn’t dare do that!”

“Of course I wouldn’t but she doesn’t know that!” Harry confessed.

Ron informed them that Dobby has definitely found a hidden room. The girls were all excited about the redecoration. Harry wrote a note to Grorn asking him to set aside some Galleons for this. Hedwig gladly took the letter and flew out into the evening.

“Go ahead, Ginny. I love you,” Harry voiced to Ginny.

Ginny waited for a natural pause in the conversations before she brought the next item up. “Professor Lupin, is the Fidelius Charm still working?” Ginny asked with authority.

Professor Lupin looked at Ginny and then the rest before replying, “Yes, Ginny. The charm is still working. We just can not tell anyone other than the ones that already know the location until a new ‘secret keeper’ is made.”

Ginny continued in that same voice, “Can you do the charm?” He shook his head. “Do you know who can?”

“Yes, Professor Flitwick,” Professor Lupin said with a puzzled look.

Then, Ginny asked the question, “Would you be willing to be the ‘Secret Keeper’?”

Remus was caught up short. He got up and paced the kitchen. After a few minutes, he sat down. “Ginny, I am honored. Due to my condition, I don’t think I would be the best choice. No, Ginny. What would happen if I was transformed and you needed me to reveal the secret? No, again I am honored, but you need to pick someone else.”

“Okay. We discussed this and we wanted to give you first refusal. We don’t think Tonks should be it because it might cause some conflicts with her working for the Ministry.” Tonks nodded her head. Ginny advised Tonks and Remus, “We think Mum would be the next best choice. What do you think?”

Remus thought to himself, Harry and the rest of you have already made the choice. “She would be fine if she is willing.”

“Great!” Ginny exclaimed and then turned to Dobby. “Dobby would you like to help Tonks and Remus clean and redecorate this house?”

“Yes, Mrs. Ginny,” Dobby was excited about actually getting to do some work.

Ginny smiled, “Would you like to get Winky and Nancy tonight or wait to get them in the morning?”

“Now, Mrs. Ginny,” Dobby said with even more excitement.

“Alright. Go get them and you can use that last room on the first landing.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Ginny.” A small ‘pop’ signaled his departure.

After the teens left to go to their bedrooms, Remus and Tonks sat in the kitchen and waited until they were sure they would be alone. “Moony, is it just me but have you noticed that Ginny does all the talking when it involves the four of them?” Remus nodded.

Remus then spoke quietly, “Chameleon, who does Harry reminds you of?” They both looked at each other and said together, “Dumbledore, of course.”

“I will let Minerva know that we think they are ready,” Professor Lupin said with lots of pride in his face and voice.

A/N Chapter 9 Privet Drive