Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry and The Love by rockeye

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 9 Privet Drive

Harry woke as a series of gentle kisses passed over his lips. “You’re beautiful, Ginny.”

“Happy Birthday, Harry. Now go back to sleep. We have to take a test in the morning,” Ginny whispered in his ear.

“You’re the best birthday present I’ve ever had,” Harry whispered back to Ginny. She smiled and snuggled up closer than she already was and went to sleep only after Harry did.

Harry awoke to the shower running. Smiling, he got out of bed and went to join her. Harry and Ginny were the last down for breakfast. “Happy Birthday, Harry,” Hermione said as she hugged him. Not to be left out, Tonks did the same thing. Ron and Remus shook his hand.

Surprisingly, Dobby was the only one to give him a present. Harry unwrap the present to find a photograph of Harry holding Nancy in a simple silver frame. It simply said, “Thanks Harry, sir.”

Everyone arrived at the Ministry of Magic by Floo Network. They went to the security desk to have their wands weighed. Mr. Weasley showed up as they were finishing and told them he would escort them to the Department of Magical Transportation office where the test would be administered. Tonks and Remus told them they were going to go shopping for an hour while they took their tests. Once at the office, Mr. Weasley and Hermione were asked to wait outside since she had already passed her test. Twenty minutes later Ginny came out with a smile. Another twenty minutes later, Ron came out with a smile. Thirty minutes after Ron returned, Harry finally came out with a blank expression on his face. Ginny started to get concerned.

“Let’s go, Ginny,” Harry said dejectedly.

“Harry, what is wrong?” Ginny asked.

“Nothing, there is no reason to stay here.”

“Harry, didn’t you pass?” said Hermione with a frown.

“Well you see…” finally allowing a smile to past.

“Harry James Potter,” Ginny shouted, “Don’t tease me like that again!”


Finally, Harry laughed and told everyone he passed. Mr. Weasley took them to the next office over to get their licenses. Harry paid for Ginny and his license. Ron paid for his. Mr. Weasley told them that Molly was expecting them all at seven as they took the lift back down to the Atrium. He waited with them until Tonks and Remus showed up. Just as they were getting ready to leave, Minister Scrimgeour and Percy Apparated right in front of Harry and Ginny.

“Good Day, Mr. Potter,” said the Minister.

“Good Day, Minister,” Harry returned levelly.

“Just wondering if you have reconsidered our talk after the funeral?”

“Have you released Stan Shunpike yet?” Harry demanded.

“Of course not,” the Minister fumed.

“Then we still have nothing to talk about,” Harry snarled to the Minister.

While this was going on, Ginny was staring hard at Percy. When Harry finished talking to the Minister, she slowly walked over to Harry. While still keeping her eyes on Percy, Ginny reached up and put her arms around his neck. Still looking at Percy until the last moment, Ginny then kissed Harry long and hard. When they broke apart, Percy and the Minister were gone and the four broke out laughing. Mr. Weasley even had a grin.

Laughing Harry said, “Ginny, remind me never to get on your bad side!”

Ginny took a deep breath. “As long as you keep kissing me like that, you won’t have to worry about it!”


They bid Mr. Weasley ‘goodbye’ until later and the group left the Ministry of Magic for Diagon Alley. As a security and safety measure, they had made an arrangement with Fred and George to Apparate into a back room of Weasley Wizarding Wheezes whenever any of the four wanted to go to Diagon Alley. When they came out of the back room, Angelina, Alicia, Fred, and George were all sitting around a table with a long order form. All the girls hugged and kissed. Fred and George greeted Remus, Ron and Harry with handshakes. Harry kept waiting for the joke or prank but nothing happen.

“What are you looking so worried about, Mate?” inquired Fred with a smile.

“Just wondering when you are going to play one of your tricks on me,” Harry informed him.

“Boy, did we have a great one planned for you,” said George with one of his smiles that showed he was up to something.

“But Mum read us the riot act, I mean the RIOT ACT,” growled Fred. “Then those two,” pointing at Alicia and Angelina, “didn’t let us out of their sight from Friday to Wednesday.” Harry started to relax finally. “Besides it was more fun just watching you squirm and sweat waiting for it to happen,” said Fred as he grinned.

“Ginny, are Fred and George actually getting serious about Angelina and Alicia?” Harry inquired.

“Hermione and I don’t think anyone has proposed yet, but if may not be too long from now,” Ginny informed Harry.


The group decided to split up. The girls going shopping and the guys headed to Gringotts. Once again Harry was greeted by the Goblin at the door and told to go to the last station on the left. Again, Grorn was there to greet them. Harry asked to talk to him in private and asked Remus if it would be okay. Harry felt like a little kid asking his dad to go to the loo, but he knew they were very serious about his security. Remus nodded his head and Grorn lmeed Harry into a small room.

“Grorn, what is the best way to arrange Galleons for something without my coming here?” Harry said seriously.

“Mr. Potter, send your owl just like you did. Let me say she is a beautiful owl, too. As for day to day spending, just have Mrs. Potter or yourself sign the bill, mark it personal, and then have it sent to Gringotts. It will be taken care of,” Grorn informed Harry.

“Thanks, Grorn. My owl’s name is Hedwig and I will tell her of your compliment.” Hesitantly, Harry stated, “Grorn, you have never really said. How much can we spend?”

“Mr. Potter, you will have to spend a huge amount of Galleons before I have to ‘talk’ to you about your spending habits,” Grorn said more seriously than Harry asked the first question.

“Thanks again, Grorn.” Harry rejoined the other two and the group left Gringotts.

Harry called Ginny, “Honey, Grorn said to just sign the bill, put ’personal’ on it, and have it sent to Gringotts. Also please don’t Hermione or Tonks pay for anything. I love you.”

“Okay Harry. I love you, too. I’m going to have to watch myself with spending Galleons that are not actually in my hands,” Ginny replied very seriously.

Harry smiled, “Don’t you worry about it. Grorn says it will be a long time before we run out of Galleons.”

“I know but for someone who grew up pinching knuts and always wearing hand-me-downs this is unreal,” Ginny said still not totally believing her wealth.

Harry smiled even bigger, “But Honey, you have something I never did until I met you and your family, LOVE. I think that is the more important item.”

“I love you so much, Harry.”

“I love you, Ginny.”


The guys went down to Quality Quidditch Supplies to view the latest broomstick. In the window of the shop was a new version of the Firebolt. They went inside to get all the facts about the new Firebolt II. Harry decided the new version was nice, but he was going to stick with his ‘old’ Firebolt. Coming out of the shop, they ran into Dean Thomas and exchanged greetings. Dean even shook Harry’s hand and said ‘congratulations.’

“Harry we are about a half block behind you. Let’s go to The Leaky Cauldron for lunch,” Ginny suggested.

Harry looked at Ron. He had apparently gotten the same message.

“Okay.”

They were making their way to The Leaky Cauldron when Ron broke into Harry’s mind, “Harry, someone is using Legilimens against me!”

“You’re sure?”

“Yes! Hermione is telling me I have dirt on my nose!” Ron said seriously.

“Hermione…Ginny, Execute ’Plan Snitch’!”

“Harry, I’m with Ron. The person trying to get in isn’t very good at Legilimens,” Hermione reported almost immediately.

“Ginny?” Harry called.

“Not yet…Got him! Harry, he is behind you and to your right in the dark green robes. He is not someone we have met before,” Ginny reported.

“I got him, Ginny. Is anyone detecting someone as a backup?”

Ginny said, “I’m in his mind, Harry, and he is alone.”

“Okay, let’s take him,” Harry ordered.


By the time Harry and Ron turned around, Ginny and Hermione had already stunned the Death Eater. As they had trained, Harry and Ron then went to looking around for a possible backup even after Ginny reported he was alone. After a few minutes, Ron and Harry went over to the Death Eater. Ginny and Hermione was already there. Tonks and Remus were still trying to catch up mentally and physically. “What do you mean stunning someone for no reason?” Tonks was asking intensely. Harry reached down and pulled the Death Eater’s left sleeve up to reveal the Dark Mark.

“Tonks, please get wizards from the Law Enforcement Office to take this person in custody,” Harry said with authority. Tonks waved her wand in a complicated pattern and two Aurors appeared in seconds. Tonks talked to them and they took the Death Eater away.

Harry looked at the rest. “I’m hungry! Is anyone else?”

The small group of people went to the Leaky Cauldron and sat around a big table near the back of the pub. “Harry, how did you know he was there?” Professor Lupin questioned.

“Professor Lupin, Aberforth taught us to recognize an attack. Ron gave Harry a signal he was being attacked. Harry signaled us and we just looked for the person attacking Ron,” Ginny said in a lecturing tone. They were drinking butterbeer after an excellent meal. Harry asked the girls if all their shopping was done and Remus knew that was all he was going to get from them about the attack.

“Professor Lupin, could you get everything ready to go to my Aunt’s house? I know it is earlier than we planned, but I would like to get it over with,” Harry said unemotionally. “

“Ginny, I’ll meet you back at Sirius’ place.”

“No, Harry. We all are going with you,” Ginny informed him. There was no way she was going to let him go by himself to that house.

“Thanks, Ginny…Ron…Hermione.”


It took about twenty minutes to get hold of Moody. Moody briefed the group, “I will go first. Remus is then to wait one minute and then he is to go. Remus will immediately return to let you know if it is safe. If Remus does not appear after one minute everyone is to go back to the Weasley’s shop and wait for reinforcements,” said as he looked particularly hard at Tonks. “Tonks, please be the last to leave.”

Harry once again felt like a little kid, but he knew his protection was no longer available from his Aunt.

“Harry, they are only trying to protect you.”

“I know, Ginny.”


Moody left. One minute later, Remus left and returned a few seconds later. “Alright, everyone go to the living room at 4 Privet Drive.” Within a few seconds, Harry was once again at the Dursleys. Harry realized the house was awfully silent as none of the televisions were on. His Aunt Petunia was standing in the doorway leading to the kitchen.

Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand and walked over near his aunt and said, “Hi, Aunt Petunia. I know we are early, but we concluded our business quicker than I thought.” His aunt only nodded her head. “Where are Uncle Vernon and Dudley?”

She finally whispered, “They went out to get ice cream. They should be back any minute.” She no sooner said that when the front door open and they walked in. Uncle Vernon went white and Harry could see a vein start to throb.

“Get out, get out NOW. That weirdo last year said I would never have to see you again,” Harry’s uncle roared.

Harry pulled his wand out, pointed it at his uncle, and said, “Silencio! I had hoped to avoid you and him today, but now that you are here you will let me have my say.” Harry observed that Dudley hadn’t stuck very well to his diet over the last school year.

Turning back to his aunt, Harry explained, “Everyone, this is my Aunt Petunia. Aunt Petunia this is Professor Moody. You met him at the train station at the start of holidays last summer. He is a foster uncle to me.” Moody gave a quick nod to her.

“This happy couple is Professor Remus Lupin and Professor Tonks Lupin. These two are my godparents now. You met Remus and Tonks at the station, too.” Remus nodded like Moody. Tonks had actually started towards Aunt Petunia, but froze with her hand outstretched as she saw Aunt Petunia backing away from her. Harry gave his aunt a disgusted look.

“This is Ron Weasley and his new wife, Hermione. They are two of my oldest friends from Hogwarts.” Ron and Hermione both just nodded.

Harry turned to Ginny and proudly proclaimed, “Aunt Petunia, I would like you to meet Ron’s sister and most recently my wife, Ginny.” Harry’s aunt seemed to be in shock and actually shook Ginny’s hand when Ginny offered it to her.

“Also though they are not here,” Harry indicated the room, “but in here,” pointing at his heart, “are Ron and Ginny’s Mum and Dad, Molly and Arthur. They have taken me into their family as one of their own. Also not here are my five new brothers.”

“You see, I just wanted to show you what a real family is supposed to be like. A family where you are loved and someone to love back. Aunt Petunia, I will never forgive you for the way you allowed your sister’s son to be treated in this home. One day you will have to deal with that. I can and will always love you for the protection you did give me by taking me in and letting me live here ever so grudgingly.” Harry then went over and for the first, only, and last time gave his Aunt Petunia a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Harry backed away and with a little crackle in his voice said, “We will be going now.”

Aunt Petunia spoke in a quiet voice, “We stored your things in the cupboard.”

Harry looked at her, “As in the beginning as well the end, under the stairs in the cupboard.” Harry waved his wand and the items entered the room to stop next to Harry. He waved his wand again a small package came down the stairs into the room and landed with the rest. Harry looked through the mess and picked up two or three items and made the rest disappear.

“Goodbye, Aunt Petunia,” Harry mumbled. Harry nodded at Moody who disappeared.

Remus soon left to return in seconds. “Everyone to 12 Grimmauld Place please.” Before Tonks left, she looked long and hard, like she was trying to make up her mind, at Harry’s uncle. Finally, she pointed her wand at him saying, “Finite Incanteum.”

A/N Chapter 10 Letters