Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love and Tears by Roxy Black

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Challenge Number Two :
A one-shot liking a person or situation to shattered glass. In other words, using shattered glass as a metaphor.
Written by Roxy Black, Hufflepuff house








“Dear Harry,” she started; that was the easy bit, now she actually had to write the letter. For a while she just sat there watching, waiting for inspiration to come but then the clock chimed eleven and she realized she had to write this before she went to bed.


”How are you? Ok, well I know how you are; you’re lying here in front of me, unconscious in St. Mungo’s, so that was probably a stupid question. You’ve been like this for over a week now and the healers are telling me I should leave, but I don’t want to. I have a feeling that soon they’ll kick me out; I’ve been by your side every second of everyday since you came in. I don’t think I can face being without you when I know your sick. I thought I would write you this in case you wake when I am gone. Harry, I love you. I always have and always will. It isn’t some kind of schoolgirl crush anymore; it’s real now. I can’t stop thinking about you and it’s killing me to see you like this. There, I’ve said it. Now, hopefully, the rest will be easier.



“You said at Dumbledore’s funeral that you didn’t want me to get hurt. I am grateful for your concern, but this hurts more than any curse ever could. Every day I wake up and see you lying here, still hiding in your nightmares, and my heart breaks. Shards of shattered glass rip through my chest, tearing me apart from the inside, and I cry. I cry for you, I cry for myself, I cry for all the people who have died in this war. I cry for my brother, who is in the same situation as I: Hermione is in the next ward. She is awake but cannot speak or move. When Ron kisses her, her eyes flutter, but that is the only sign she is still in there. I cry for the world that has now lost you; come back to us Harry, we need you!



“At night, I dream about you. You wake up and embrace me and tell me that you’ll never let me go again. But then it is I who wake and I don’t think I can face it anymore. I have to do this Harry; I have to leave you now. Tonks and Remus have offered me a room to stay in as their house is nearest to the hospital, but I don’t want to get in their way. Not when baby Jamie has only just been born. They’ve called him James, Harry. A tribute to your dad, and his son who saved the world from destruction. You’ve been named godfather and I know you’ll be a good role model, when you wake up. I’ve decided to go back to Godric’s Hollow again. It’s where your story started and where you finished this war. Your parents’ house has been rebuilt and I bought it for you… for me.



“I’m going to live there whilst you’re in here. The Order has given me a load of photographs of the first war and your parents so I’m going to decorate the house as I can see it from the photo that was taken when Lily first brought you here. James must’ve taken it because he’s nowhere to be seen, but we can follow Lily around the house, into every room. It’s in color so I can match it perfectly. I just hope you’ll be able to see it one day, and then you can live there too.”



Ginny stopped writing briefly to read what she had said. Tears were pouring down her face, but she did nothing to try and stop them. This has to be done, she reminded herself, before dipping her quill once more into the ink.



“Before I move in, Harry, there is something that I have to do. Neville has asked me to speak at Luna’s funeral, she’s dead Harry! She died fighting Bellatrix Lestange. That woman has taken so much from Neville: his parents, his friends, and his love. She was the only true friend I had in my year; I just hope she’s at peace now, with all the truths about those crazy creatures at her fingertips.



“I finally understand how you’ve felt your whole life. Someone has taken away everyone you cared for and it just isn’t fair. Now someone has taken away the people I most cared for: you, Hermione, Luna, Bill, and Dumbledore. Even poor Professor McGonagall was tortured until her heart failed. So you see why I must leave you? You understand why I must go? I love you, Harry, and I think you know that. I will always be here by your side; I know it in my heart.”


She put down her quill and re-read her letter. It seemed so necessary, and yet, she still didn’t want to leave. She signed the letter and folded it, placing it on Harry’s bedside table and leaning down to kiss him. Slowly she straightened up and with fresh tears turned to walk through the door.
“Goodbye, my love,” she whispered and ran from the ward.


****
A/N: The End! poor luna! I really do hate having to kill off such amazing characters! Oh well, hope you liked it! Please Review!