Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

When It Seems Like All Is Lost by KateH

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"I'm gonna smile my best smile
And I'm gonna laugh like it's going out of style
Look into her eyes and pray that she don't see
That learning to live again is killing me."

Lyrics to "Learning to Live Again" by Garth Brooks

Disclaimer: I own none of this. It all belongs to J.K. R. Thank you for letting my mind wander…

Chapter 15- Perils

After returning to the party, Harry and Sarah put forth their best efforts to ensure that they would not reveal their new found interest in each other to anyone. Every time Harry caught sight of Sarah, she was either smiling or laughing. He too was in a very happy mood, but no one knew about the internal battle playing inside of Harry's head. And so far, neither side of the feud was winning. He tried to paste on a smile, but he was better off not even trying. He shook his head.

"Sarah, excuse me for a moment," Harry muttered and then made his way toward the house and to the bathroom. When he arrived, he discovered that it was occupied, so he waited patiently. When the door opened, Ron appeared. He smiled at Harry.

"Having a good time? I certainly am!"

"Oh, yes! I'm having the time of my life. You Weasleys sure know how to throw a party!" Harry replied. Ron laughed and unexpectedly gave Harry a hug. Then he skipped back toward the backyard.

Harry entered the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He immediately went to the sink and turned on the faucet. He splashed cold water in his face and looked up into the mirror above the sink. Staring back at him were his own deep emerald eyes. He studied his reflection and noticed the changes that had occurred over the past year. His cheeks although pink now, were hollowed. Faint dark circles had appeared under his eyes which showed years of worn. His hair had grown longer but it still was just as unruly as ever. He closed his eyes as he leaned over the sink. He started mumbling to himself.

"I shouldn't do this. It's too dangerous. It won't end well." Then he shook his head. "But Voldemort's dead. Everything will go back to normal now." Again, he shook his head. "Normal? When have things ever been normal around me? And what about Ginny? I can't just forget her. She was everything to me."

Indeed, it all came back to Ginny and he knew that. Harry sighed heavily; he still hadn't come to a decision, but he needed one fast. If he told himself that dating Sarah wouldn't be dangerous, then he'd be lying to himself. A knock on the door brought Harry back to reality.

"Just a minute," Harry said. Then he dried his face, fixed his robes, and left the room. Before going outside, he put on a smile and grabbed two drinks. He caught sight of Sarah's warm eyes and immediately forgot his recent worries for the moment.

* * *

Miles away from the Burrow, Draco Malfoy addressed his minions. Fear could be felt throughout the crowd as his voice rang over the room.

"Comrades! I have found the mighty Harry Potter. Vengeance shall be ours. Soon he will regret taking the Dark Lord from us. We shall have the final word, not him! Cheer my fellow Death Eaters for soon we will be feared once again!" The dark crowd applauded and screamed in joy. Malfoy bowed and an evil grin crossed his face as a shadow fell over him.

"Yes, we will have our day. We only wait until the blood traitor and his filthy Mudblood wife leave first. They leave tomorrow at noon. Then, we shall strike. We will make the Dark Lord proud. Potter will soon join his dead family and friends when we are victorious," Malfoy finished. He raised his hands and the people cheered again. Malfoy stepped forward and took the hand of Pansy Parkinson.

* * *

It was nearing midnight at the Burrow and the last of the guests had finally left. Only Ron, Hermione, Sarah, Harry, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were left in the house. Everyone else had gone home already. Harry and Sarah had collapsed on the couch; they were exhausted like everybody else. Ron and Hermione were upstairs packing for their honeymoon to Italy. Everyone else was cleaning up around the yard and the house. Harry put his arm around Sarah's shoulders hesitantly and she leaned against him. Harry breathed heavily.

"Well, it sure has been an interesting night," Sarah suggested. Harry's eyes met hers.

"Listen, Sarah... I'm not so sure of all of this. It might be dangerous..."

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I'm talking about us. What if it doesn't work out? Could our friendship survive that? And what about your safety? Danger seems to follow me wherever I go and it's not fair to you. Are you sure you're willing to risk all of that? Because I'm not sure that I am..." Harry admitted. Sarah's smile faded when she realized Harry's reluctance. She put both of her hands on Harry's face and pulled his gaze to hers. He tried his hardest to look away from her, but he was trapped in her deep warm stare.

"You listen to me, Harry. I've made my decision already and there's nothing that you can do to change that. I've made up my mind and I’ve already come this far with you. I'm willing to deal with any danger that comes our way. The only question left is whether you want this enough to commit. Now I know what you're going through is rough and it probably has something to do with Ginny, but you need to decide whether this is a chance that you want to pass up. I know that I don't want to," Sarah explained. Then she got up and headed toward the stairs. Harry sat for a few minutes lost in thought.

When he heard a door close, he abruptly stood up. He raced up the stairs and toward Sarah's room. He didn't bother knocking and he found her sitting on the bed smiling. Harry stopped for a brief moment, closed the door behind him, and then glided over to Sarah. She stood up.

"Somehow, I had a feeling that you would come," she smiled.

Then Harry swept her up off her feet and she threw her arms around his neck. Harry bent his head down and softly kissed her lips. She moved her hands through his thick hair. Harry moved back and found the bed where he gently let her down. Then he pulled away from the embrace, but bent down to kiss her once more.

"Good night," he whispered in her ear. She kissed his cheek.

"G'night," she said back. Then he slowly left the room and headed toward his own. He found his bed in the dark and collapsed onto it. Immediately he fell into deep, happy sleep.

* * *

Harry woke up late at around ten thirty the next morning feeling fully replenished and awake. He got up and walked downstairs where he found everyone sitting around the table eating breakfast.

"Hey you. You're finally awake," Sarah observed in a cheerful tone. She picked up her mug and took a large sip of the hot chocolate. "Want some?"

Harry nodded and took a seat next to her at the table. "Good morning everyone," he said happily. Ron raised an eyebrow at his best friend.

"You're unusually optimistic, Harry. What happened? Did you hit your head or something?" Ron teased. Harry smiled.

"Nope. I'm just in a good mood. What do I have to be unhappy about right now?"

"That's great, Harry," Hermione stated. They continued to eat breakfast and talk about things like last night's wedding and the details Ron and Hermione's upcoming trip. They would be leaving at around noon and wouldn't be back until next week.

After they finished eating, Harry went upstairs with Ron to help him finish his packing. Harry realized that he hadn't spent a lot of time with Ron since his return. With the wedding and all, both of them had been too busy to share more than just a simple conversation.

"Well, I think that's everything. Thanks for everything, Harry," Ron said.

"No problem. Hey, want to play a game a Wizard's Chess before you leave? I mean, if you have the time," Harry suggested.

"That sounds great! It's been a while since I've played. Hermione doesn't like to play it too much. It'll be just like old times," Ron responded. Harry looked at his best friend solemnly. He knew that Ron was beginning his new life with Hermione and that things were going to be very different. He missed Hogwarts and those lazy nights in front of the fireplace with his two best friends. Most of all, he wished that he could miss just being a kid because he never really had the chance.

But as he looked at the smile on Ron's face and remembered the joyous tears in Hermione's eyes, he realized that right now, everything was right. Right now, everything was okay and he didn't have to worry about anything. So with that last thought, he raced Ron down the stairs to the living room where they set up the game and started playing.

He looked across the board at Ron who no longer looked nineteen, but he looked eleven again. His hair was messy and freckles covered his young face. He hadn't grown into his feet yet and a nervous smile played on his lips. Ron was now wearing the sweater that his mother had made him for Christmas. Harry wondered if eleven year old Ronald would have ever guessed where he'd end up in the future. Harry grinned when Hermione entered the room as he heard the sound of one of his chess pieces being destroyed.

She, too, had taken her eleven year old form in Harry's eyes. She was shorter and her hair was bushier than ever. A book was in her hand titled Hogwarts: A History and she also wore a crooked smile.

"Checkmate!" Ron exclaimed and this brought Harry out of his daydream. Harry frowned as he tried to see his error. Hermione laughed at the two of them.

"You know, Harry, someday you'll beat him and he won't know what hit him," she encouraged. Harry helped Ron clean up the game and then glanced at his watch. It was quarter to twelve.

"Well, I guess you two better get ready to go," suggested Harry.

"You're right. Come on, Ronald," Hermione muttered. Harry went upstairs to help them with the luggage. Luckily, Hermione knew a shrinking charm which allowed them to make their bags small enough to store in their pockets. Then they all went downstairs to the kitchen to say goodbye.

After everyone had said their farewells, Harry walked Ron and Hermione outside where they would be Apparating to their destination. Hermione hugged Harry.

"Bye, Harry! Stay out of trouble while we're gone! We know that it's hard to do, but please try for us," Hermione whispered to him during their embrace. Harry nodded. They let go and Ron approached Harry. They shook hands.

"Thanks for everything, Harry. You better be here when we get back or I'll hunt you down myself this time," Ron teased. Then, he awkwardly gave Harry a brotherly hug. Hermione stared at the two men in amazement and felt a single tear fall from her eye. Then, Ron walked toward her and took her hand. After waving Harry a final goodbye, they Apparated together.

Harry walked back to the house and Sarah was waiting at the doorway. She smiled as he approached.

"Okay, Harry, now that they’re gone, what do you say we do a little exploring? Let's go for a walk. It'll be fun," she suggested. Harry took her hand and led her down the path.

Truthfully, he had never really strayed too far from the Burrow before; he was never allowed to. So he was curious as well. The path wandered through trees and bushes. They walked together hand in hand not really talking but just enjoying each other's company. About a half an hour later, they seemed to reach the end of the small winding path. There was a little house which looked as if it had been abandoned long ago.

Harry approached the front of it cautiously with Sarah right behind him. He grabbed the doorknob and turned. It was unlocked. The door creaked as it opened to reveal darkness.

"Hello?" Harry called. There was no answer so he pulled out his wand and muttered "Lumos." The tip of his wand produced light and he entered the small shack pulling Sarah's hand. There was a small desk on the far wall which had a candle on top of it. Surprisingly, the desk looked as though it had indeed been used not recently but not in the distant past. Harry focused the light on the desk. There was an envelope lying on the surface. He looked closer at it and gasped when he saw that it said Harry on the front. By now Sarah had lost interest in the desk and had gone on her own to search the rest of the room so Harry sat down in the chair near the desk and opened the letter. It said:

My Dearest Harry,
If you are reading this letter right now, it probably means that I did not survive the war and you have found my secret hiding place. I knew you would as I have mentioned it once before to you. Please forgive me for leaving you during such a grave time, but I hope that I did not go down without a fight. I hope that you made Voldemort suffer greatly for what he has done to you and I hope that you will live your life to the fullest extent. Give my best to my family and Hermione, will you? And please, Harry, for my sake, do not blame yourself for this. Everything will be okay someday. Although I may be gone, my love for you will never die.

Love forever,
Ginny


Reading the letter brought back some of the pain of losing Ginny, but he did not cry. Instead he only allowed a single tear to escape, which he brushed away automatically. Then he folded up the letter and placed it in his pocket. He opened the drawers of the desk and found diaries dating back to years before Ginny entered Hogwarts. On the floor, he noticed another diary. It was the most recent as far as he could tell. He picked it up and opened it to the last written page where he read the entry:

Harry's off fighting the War right now. I'm so worried, but I understand that this must be done. I hope that all of this ends soon so we can finally settle down to a quieter life. I'm going to marry that man. I've never been so sure of anything else before. He may be stubborn and a bit over protective, but he’s the one. I can feel it.

I hear a noise, but it’s probably just an animal or something. It’s getting closer and I think that maybe I should go now. I think I hear voices. Nobody knows about this place or at least nobody that I know knows. Maybe I’m just hearing things. I’m hiding under the desk now because I don’t want them to see me if I leave and I hear the doorknob turning. This isn’t good. There’s a man wearing a long black cloak. I can’t believe it. I hope he doesn’t see me. He’s going through my things! That git! He’ll find me, so it looks like I’ll have to do something. I’m going to fight him. Harry if you’re reading this, I love you.

Ginny


Harry stared in disbelief at the letter. He had never known how Ginny had been captured but now he knew that she fought to stay. He was sad and proud at the same time. He felt Sarah’s hand on his shoulder. She had been reading with him the entire time. Sadness was in her eyes.

“Are you alright?” asked Sarah. Harry smiled. Sarah wasn’t jealous at all and in fact she showed great understanding in the matter. Harry was happy.

“I’m great. Just remind me to kill Malfoy the next time I see him. That’s all,” Harry replied. Sarah grinned. The moment didn’t last too long, however. In fact it ended quite quickly when they heard a familiar snarl from across the room.

“Well, Potter, here’s your chance,” the voice said. Harry spun around to face Draco Malfoy. Malfoy laughed at him. Harry stepped in front of Sarah protectively.

“Malfoy, I thought I made it clear the last time that I never wanted to see your face again. You can’t win,” retorted Harry. He was pulling his wand out now. Malfoy just grinned again.

“But you see, Potter, that this time I have the upper hand. I brought a couple of my pals with me. They’ve got this shack surrounded so there’s nowhere for you to run. Ah, it looks like you’ve got a friend. I think we’ve met before. You’ll be coming with me of course,” Malfoy said, a wicked smirk playing on his lips. Sarah gritted her teeth. She leaned into Harry.

“That’s him. He was the one who attacked me,” she whispered in his ear. Harry growled.

“Take out your wand. We’re gonna have to fight until I can Apparate us out,” Harry mumbled. He felt Sarah let go of him and get ready for action. Harry kept talking to Malfoy.

“I think that it’s time that you stop bothering me, Malfoy,” suggested Harry.

“Au contraire, some things will never change. But if you come quietly, we might not torture the girl before we kill her. Your choice. You’ll both die either way,” Malfoy explained. Harry crouched slightly as he readied himself for the duel that was inevitably coming.

“Sarah, stay close to me,” he warned as he began to start the attack.

Expelliarmus!” he shouted. Malfoy ducked and it missed him by a hair.

Malfoy fired a Confundus Curse at Harry which he avoided easily. However, while Harry was preoccupied, Malfoy took the advantage.

Crucio!” Malfoy shouted. Harry’s eyes widened with horror. He wasn’t so lucky this time. Falling to the floor, Harry endured the terrible pain that spread throughout his entire body. He heard Sarah scream and finally the curse lifted. Malfoy was on the ground, apparently unable to move. Harry stood up slowly. He was very sore.

Sarah was proud of herself. She had performed a successful Petrificus Totalus and was enjoying the effects. Harry jumped over to Malfoy. He kicked him in the side to make sure he couldn’t move. Then thinking of a better idea, he kicked him in the nose. He heard it break.

“That’s for what you did to me in sixth year,” Harry told him. Just then, the door burst open. Inside, came four more Death Eaters.

“Damn!” Harry swore. He hated Death Eaters. He ran over to Sarah and grabbed her arm. Harry took advantage of the distracted Death Eaters. Without telling her, he turned on his heel and Apparated as far away as he could think of. When they landed, Harry and Sarah found themselves standing in the park that Harry had been almost a year before. They were back in Massachusetts. Harry took Sarah’s hand and ran. He wasn’t sure where he was running to, but they ran for several minutes. Then Sarah stopped, and pulled Harry back to her.

“Harry! Why are we running? Those guys are all the way back in England. I think we’re safe. Are you okay?” she asked. Harry slowed down and caught his breath.

“I’m fine. How about you? Are you hurt?” Harry inquired concerned. Sarah nodded. She had not been hit. She was more worried about Harry because he had been struck with the Cruciatus Curse, although she did not know what that curse was or did.

“Don’t worry, Sarah. I’ve had much worse, believe me. I was once poisoned by a Basilisk and then healed by a Phoenix,” Harry explained.

“Harry Potter, you have more stories. You never cease to amaze me, you know that?” Sarah said. Harry grinned. In spite of what just happened to them, he was glad that the conversation was staying light.

“I know,” he replied.

“So what are we going to do now that we’re back in the States?” Sarah asked him. Harry shook his head. Truthfully, he didn’t know. He did know that they couldn’t stay long because Mrs. Weasley would start to worry. Harry didn’t want her to think that he had left them again.

“Do you want to visit Bob and Andrea while we’re here?” Harry asked her, but frankly he didn’t want to do that. Sarah thought for a moment.

“No, I don’t think that would be such a great plan. They would ask too many questions. Maybe we shouldn’t stay. The Weasleys might be in trouble. Malfoy probably went to the house to check to see if we were there. We should see if they’re alright,” she suggested. Harry swore under his breath”he had been so concerned with his and Sarah’s safety that he forgot all about the Burrow.

“Sarah…I think you should stay here, out of danger. Malfoy seems to be after you for some reason. When I see that the area is clear, I’ll come back for you,” Harry explained. Sarah just shook her head. She was not going to let him fight her battles.

“No, Harry. I’m coming. I’m not going to run away and let you do this alone. Don’t even think of leaving me behind, Potter,” she stated. Harry shrugged. It was against his better judgment, but he knew that she wasn’t changing her mind. She held onto his arm and he Apparated them back to the outside of the Burrow. Sure enough, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were outside dueling with the Death Eaters. It didn’t look like they were winning. Harry’s eyes darkened as he saw Malfoy up and fighting again. He was giving the orders. Harry pulled Sarah away for a moment.

“Okay, this isn’t good,” he observed. Sarah had to stop herself from saying ‘duh’ to him. Harry thought for a plan but nothing was coming to him. His eyes pleaded Sarah for help.

“Well, I see four of them over there, including Malfoy. So that means that one of them is somewhere else. We could just jump into the fight and surprise them?” she proposed. Harry shook his head.

“You’re not trained well enough to fight a fully trained Death Eater,” Harry stated.

“I’ll do just fine. C’mon, it looks like Mr. and Mrs. Weasley can’t take a lot more. Hurry!” Sarah whispered as she ran away almost into the midst of the battle. Harry was taken by surprise and he started to run after her.

“Sarah! No!” he screamed, but she didn’t listen. Instead, she cupped her hands around her mouth and started shouting.

“Hey! Leave them alone! I’m over here!” she yelled. The battle stopped momentarily as Harry had finally caught up with her. He grabbed her arm and hissed in her ear.

“Are you bloody mad?”

“No, I’m just trying to save lives here!” she snapped.

“Stay here! I’ll take care of Potter and company!” They heard Malfoy order his minions. They heard a rough chorus of “Yes, Master” and then they caught sight of Malfoy marching toward them. Harry unceremoniously pushed Sarah out of the way in order to get the upper hand on Malfoy.

“Come back for more, have we Potter?” Malfoy smirked.

“No, just coming back to finish what I started. Sectumsempra!” Harry shouted. He didn’t care anymore about the effects of that particular curse. He wanted to finish Malfoy once and for all. Malfoy seemed to know what was coming, though, and he blocked it easily.

“You’re going to have to be quicker than that, Potter,” Malfoy spat as he fired a disarming charm at Harry. Harry dodged it. He laughed.

“Is that all you’ve got? Impedimenta!” he cried. This time, it hit Malfoy square on the chest. Harry had a moment and he noticed that Sarah was no longer behind him. She was running toward the Weasleys. Harry let her go; she could take care of herself. Again, he fired Sectumsempra at Malfoy. He was successful this time. Deep cuts immediately appeared on Malfoy and he screamed in agony. Satisfied with this, Harry called after Sarah. It was too late; she was already in battle with none other than Bellatrix Lestrange. Harry couldn’t believe it. He ran as fast as he could because he knew that Bellatrix would fight dirty.

Sarah grinned as she found that she was able to keep up with the vile woman.

“I don’t think we’ve met, my name’s Bellatrix Lestrange. And you are?” Bellatrix said as she fired another curse at Sarah who dodged it.

“You’re the bitch that killed Harry’s godfather!” Sarah shouted.

“I know, pretty good, huh?” growled Bellatrix. This made Sarah even angrier. She fired curse after curse, but nothing seemed to hurt the woman. A jet of light ran right toward her. However, at the last second, it was deflected away. Sarah turned and faced Harry. He ran in front of her.

“You don’t want to be here right now. Go help Mrs. Weasley!” he shouted to her. She nodded and ran over to see what help she could give elsewhere. Harry entered the duel with Bellatrix. Meanwhile, Sarah spotted something moving on the other side of the yard. She approached it and found that it was Malfoy. He had gashes across his body and he could barely move. Sarah was about to leave when he heard his pleading voice.

“Help…me…please…” Malfoy said barely whispering. Sarah looked into his eyes and then turned to walk away again when she felt his grip on her ankle.

“If you…help me I’ll…help you,” Malfoy bargained. Sarah started listening, but then she thought better of it. She just couldn’t trust him. After all, he had already threatened her life.

“Sorry, it’s your problem. Not mine,” she replied. Walking away she could have sworn that she heard him say “your funeral.” She shuddered at the thought. Scanning the yard for Mrs. Weasley, she saw Harry busy fighting and he seemed to be winning. She saw a shadow near the corner of the house. Sarah headed over toward it but the shadow moved. Nothing was there.

“That’s odd,” she muttered aloud to herself. Sarah heard movement behind her and she started to run now back toward Harry. Sensing the presence of another Death Eater frightened Sarah. She felt the Death Eater gaining ground on her and she wished desperately that her legs could move faster. Suddenly the ground fell out from underneath her and she felt herself hit the ground in a heap.

“Harry”” she shrieked when she felt someone’s hand cover her mouth. She bit it and tasted the blood from the flesh. A moment of freedom found Sarah struggling to stand up. She wasn’t fast enough because she felt the hard impact of a shoe with her back. She was down in the dirt again. She screamed once more.

Silencio! Crucio!” the voice barked. Sarah only had a second to realize that this was the same curse used on Harry earlier. In the next moment she felt the tremors of pain flow throughout her entire body. When she screamed, no sound came out. The horrific pain continued. Finally, the curse lifted after what seemed like ages. She collapsed onto the muddy ground and just lay there, trembling and unable to move. Not really knowing if she had the energy to move, she painfully looked up to see Harry still dueling with Bellatrix. He hadn’t even noticed her because he couldn’t hear her. She tried to scream again but still heard silence. A laugh erupted from behind her.

“Sorry, I had to catch you somehow. Don’t you remember me?” snarled the voice. Wondering what sort of Death Eater apologizes to its victims, Sarah continued to struggle to get up. She felt some sort of spell hit her face and then Sarah felt hands on her wrists pulling her up onto her feet. She tried to flail her arms but it was no use, he was too strong. Her feet were free, though, and she kicked the man’s shins weakly. Then she kneed him between the legs and he repaid her by punching her hard in the face. She fell backwards but didn’t quite fall over. He could no longer control her. Sarah did what she could. She bit him in the arm and he let go of her right hand. That’s just what she needed.

Pulling her wand out of her pocket, she quickly realized that she couldn’t speak the incantations. Angrily, she stuffed the wand back into her pocket and then tripped the man. He let go of her left wrist and she was free. Before leaving, Sarah kicked him in the face and heard the snap of his nose breaking. Pleased, Sarah kicked him in the side once more for good measure and then ran toward Harry. He was just finishing up Bellatrix when she arrived. Bellatrix was trapped by the ropes which came from the tip of Harry’s wand. When he finished, Sarah ran into his arms.

“What happened? You were fine when I left you!” Harry questioned. Sarah opened her mouth but realized that nothing was coming out. She tried to scream at the top of her lungs. Harry quickly understood and said the counter curse. Her scream filled the air.

“Oh! Finally! I thought I’d never be able to talk again! Harry, it hurts so much,” she blurted out. Harry brushed the hair out of her eyes and quickly became outraged. Her face was covered in blood and her eye was black. She collapsed in his arms. The Cruciatus Curse had really taken its toll on her. Harry supported her and they walked over to the porch where he set her down on one of the lawn chairs. When Sarah felt her face, she felt hot blood pouring out of the wound on her cheek.

“Sarah, where did you get hurt? Is the Death Eater still there?” Harry asked.

“I think so. I left him over there,” she replied as she pointed over to the other side of the yard. Harry ran over there and he found no one. Malfoy was still where he left him and thankfully, Bellatrix was still tied up. He heard Mrs. Weasley call his name.

“Harry! Arthur’s out front with two other Death Eaters. We tied them up. Are you okay?” she asked him clearly very concerned. Harry hurried toward her.

“I’m fine. Just a few gashes and minor cuts and bruises. That’s all. I’m worried about Sarah. You should go and see how she’s doing over there,” Harry assured her as he pointed to the lawn chair that he had left Sarah in. However, when he turned to get a good look at why Mrs. Weasley wasn’t moving, he already knew the answer. Harry cursed just quietly enough so that Mrs. Weasley could not hear him. Sarah wasn’t there anymore. A quick glance in the other direction confirmed that Malfoy and Bellatrix had vanished as well.




A/N: Alright, I hope you enjoyed that bit of action in this chapter. As always, I love reviews and getting to see what my readers think! I really like the next chapter, so I'm going to get it up as quickly as possible. Thanks for reading!