Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Surprise by rache

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
.Disclaimer: I didn't write Harry Potter, etc. JK Rowling gets all the credit :)


Ginny Potter woke up in the dark. She reached for her wand on the bedside table.

"Lumos," she muttered, and her wand-tip glowed alight. Blinking in the light, she pointed her wand at the alarm clock. It told her that it was 4:53 AM.

Ginny did not feel sleepy at all. On the contrary, she felt wide awake. She gazed round at her snoring husband, and smiled. I bet he doesn’t even know he snores, she thought fondly, as she quietly slipped out of bed, her feet finding the fluffy slippers beside her bed.

She pulled her dressing gown on and gently eased the door open so as not to wake Harry. She made her way downstairs to the kitchen, and on the way stopped outside a slightly ajar door marked “Lisle’s Room” in capital pink letters.

Ginny smiled to herself and crept in quietly. The pink walls were still glowing faintly, even in the dark light, now that her eyes had adjusted. Her wand beam fell upon a sleeping, raven-haired girl who was, like her father, snoring a little.

She’s just like Harry, Ginny thought to herself, Except she has my brown eyes, and my nose and smile.

Ginny tiptoed out quietly and walked downstairs to the kitchen. She lit the candles hanging from the wall with her wand and made herself some coffee. She watched the sun rise outside, the sky glowing pinky-orange and red. The birds were singing loudly and a rooster far off could just be heard crowing.

Ginny closed her eyes, smiling to herself. It was quite blissful to be the only one up first thing in the morning. Of course, she loved Harry and Lisle very much when they were awake (and asleep) but it was rather nice to be the only one in the kitchen for once. Lisle was like her father when it came to food. She had a healthy appetite and a sweet tooth, especially for treacle tart.

Just like Harry.

It must have been quite a long time that Ginny had been downstairs because she heard footsteps behind her. She opened her eyes and looked around. It was a tousle-haired, sleepy looking Harry, wearing a Chudley Cannons shirt and tartan pyjama bottoms. The colours clashed, but Ginny understood Quidditch enough to know that you didn’t get between Harry and it.

“Hi sweetheart,” Harry said, advancing to Ginny and kissing her forehead “I wondered where you’d got to. You’re not normally an early riser.”

“I know,” Ginny said, as Harry sat down in a seat next to her, pouring himself some coffee “I just woke up really suddenly and had a craving for some coffee.”

Harry grinned “That must be a record,” he said seriously “I think the earliest you’ve ever woken is eight o’clock.”

Ginny playfully swatted his arm “Yeah well at least I don’t snore like a pig!” she grinned as his face became shocked.

“I do not snore!” he outburst, while Ginny giggled. “Yes, you do,” she protested, and Harry pretended to wrestle her.

“Okay, we both win!” he laughed as Ginny continued to wrestle him, grinning.

“No way! I will win this!” Ginny said, pinning his arms down, playfully. They continued to wrestle, until Harry realised Ginny was too strong for him.

“Okay, fine you win!” he said breathlessly “You haven’t lost your touch I see.”

Ginny laughed and leaned across to kiss him. After they broke off, Harry had a jubilant grin across his face.

“At least I got something out of it,” he smirked as he went over to the sink to put their now empty coffee cups in “Is Lisle packed up for the Burrow?”

Ginny hit a hand to her forehead “Damn it, I’d nearly forgotten we were going today! I think so, she just has a few odd items that need packing.” Ginny glanced at the big charmed clock on the wall, rather like the one at the Burrow. It only had three hands, however, each marked with a different name: Harry, Ginevra and Lisle Potter. Ginny’s mum had given it to them as a wedding present, years ago. Like the clock at the Burrow, it too showed each activity the person was doing at the present time. The hand marked ‘Lisle’ was currently resting on ‘sleeping’.

“And probably a good thing too,” Harry said, watching Ginny and understanding what she was thinking “I love that kid. She’s full of life,” Harry murmured, his eyes shining with pride. Ginny smiled.

“But a bit exhilarating at times you mean,” she said and Harry smiled “She’s like you, Harry, she has a certain, um, talent for trouble. And she has your talent on a broomstick, even on a toy one,” Ginny commented, standing up to put a pan on the stove to make breakfast.

“But she has your beautiful eyes,” Harry said, wrapping his arms round her waist “and your stubbornness and smile.”

Ginny grinned and tapped the pan with her wand. It started cooking some bacon and eggs. Ginny turned round to face Harry and put her arms round his neck, kissing his cheek. Harry pulled flung her downwards in a type of tango so she was near the floor but still in his arms. He kissed her neck while she giggled girlishly.

“Mum, Dad, get a room!” came a little voice behind them. Ginny and Harry resurfaced, and saw Lisle standing in the doorway her hands on her hips, her long black hair tousled. She too wore Chudley Cannon pyjamas, a team the whole family rigidly supported, including her Uncle Ron, who spoiled her to bits. He had bought Lisle her toy broomstick, which she rode every day, hoping to get good enough for a proper one when she was ten.

“Oh, er, hello darling,” Ginny said, her cheeks going a little red. She went over to pick her daughter up and give her a kiss “We didn’t see you there.”

Lisle screwed her face up into a ‘yuck’ expression and made kissing sounds and then pretended to be sick. Ginny blushed, but Harry grabbed Lisle out of Ginny’s arms and turned her upside down, tickling her tummy. Lisle shrieked with laughter.

“Are you being sick, little madam? Are you being a cheeky little monkey? Cheeky monkeys have to be tickled you know!”

He held onto her underarms and spun her round in circles. Lisle shrieked with joy and shouted “Again! Again!” her cheeks pink with excitement.

“No, that’s enough for her,” Ginny said, laughing “She’ll actually be sick this time.”

Harry grinned at Ginny, but put Lisle down all the same. She clung onto his sleeves, too dizzy to walk, her eyes hazy with excitement.

Ginny turned back to the stove which was now sizzling with bacon and eggs, the yolks golden yellow. Ginny Summoned some plates with her wand from the cupboard, and some cutlery. The pan tipped the eggs and bacon onto a plate and Harry took it, putting an egg and two rashers of bacon on each plate. Ginny left the stove cooking some more bacon and eggs, knowing Lisle and Harry would want seconds.

“Accio orange juice!”

A carton of orange juice whizzed out of the larder and landed beside three tall glasses. Ginny charmed the orange juice so that it poured into all three glasses and then set them on the table, next to Lisle, Harry and herself.

“Tanks, mum,” Lisle said thickly, already tucking into her bacon. Ginny rolled her eyes fondly and ruffled Lisle’s hair.

“Lisa what have I told you? Don’t speak with your mouth full,” Ginny said, using the endearing little nickname for the raven-haired child.

“Sorry mummy.”

Ginny began to tuck into her own food, but when she put the bacon in her mouth she felt an odd feeling. It felt like something was missing. She needed something else. Some sauce.

“Do we have any horseradish?” Ginny asked, inquisitively, frowning at the bacon. Harry looked up from the Daily Prophet he had began to read. He looked bemused.

“Don’t you hate it? And besides,” he said, giving a little shudder “on bacon?”

But Ginny had already flicked her wand and said “Accio horseradish!” at the cupboard and immediately a bottle of horseradish came whizzing into her hand. She smiled.

“Now that’s more like it,” she said, tipping liberal amounts onto her bacon and eggs. Harry continued to look very confused, but returned to the Daily Prophet with a shrug and a little cough that sounded very much like “Women”.

Ginny ate with enthusiasm. It tasted much better now.

“Mummy can I have some more?” Lisle whined. Ginny pointed her wand to the stove and an egg and some more bacon flew through the air and landed on Lisle’s plate. Lisle began to eat.

“Nothing,” Harry said, folding the paper up and taking a swig of juice “Except that the Tornadoes won last night, against the Cannons.”

At his words, there was a little noise of protest from Lisle’s seat.

“They CHEATED!!” she protested angrily, looking at the cover of the Prophet, the Cannons flying dejectedly around the pitch in the colour moving photograph, the Tornadoes whooping with joy.

Harry and Lisle began talking about Quidditch while Ginny went back to her egg. She had just finished when she felt her stomach lurch. She suddenly felt rather sweaty and sick, her breakfast rising up her throat. She gulped, shivering. Harry looked away from Lisle round at Ginny, with a concerned look.

“What’s up Gin?” he said, worriedly putting his hand on her arm. Ginny shook her head, unable to speak and bolted from the table and ran all the way to the downstairs toilet as quick as she could. She had only just flung herself down beside the toilet bowl when she began retching.

Ginny hurled her breakfast into the toilet bowl, gripping the sides tightly. When she finally resurfaced, she found Harry at the doorway, looking half-concerned, half-disgusted at the sight of the vomit which Ginny quickly flushed away.

“What’s the matter sweetheart?” Harry said stroking Ginny’s hair as she rinsed her mouth out. Ginny peered at her pale reflection in the mirror, and then to Harry’s emerald eyes, searching her reflection with concern.

“I don’t know,” Ginny said, turning to face him. He put his arms around her middle and squeezed her in a hug.

“You don’t look too good,” he said as they broke apart “why don’t you go lie down for a bit?”

Ginny shook her head “No, I feel a lot better now, I just don’t know what came over me. If Lisa’s finished her breakfast, I can help her tidy her room and pack. Just give me a few minutes to get dressed and have a quick shower.”

Harry kissed her forehead and gave her a reassuring smile as he went back to the kitchen, to clear the dishes away.

Ginny plodded up the stairs, all the way up to her and Harry’s room, where she took her robe off and went into the en-suite bathroom. She flicked her wand at her copper-coloured hair, where it instantly piled onto the top of her head. She slipped her short, black nightgown off and stepped into the shower turned the tap. She washed herself quickly, careful not to wet her hair and then stepped out of the shower, taking a towel from the wicker chair in the corner, enveloping her wet body in it.

Ginny walked out of the bathroom and opened her wardrobe, choosing a pair of very tight jeans and lavender halter-neck since it was warm and summery outside. She opened her drawers and pulled out a black bra and knickers and put them on, slipping the top over her head.

Ginny pulled the jeans on, but they wouldn’t quite fit. She pulled harder, but they still didn’t quite do up round her middle.

Ginny walked over to the full-length mirror by her wardrobe and peered at herself sideways. Her stomach looked a little bigger than normal, but she couldn’t think why.

Maybe I’ve put on weight, she thought, pulling the jeans off, and opting for a pair that were slightly baggier. She walked over to her dresser and put her make-up on before heading down to Lisle’s room. She peeked inside and saw havoc before her eyes.

Harry had unwisely decided to ‘help’ Lisle, by attempting to magic Lisle’s clothes to fold themselves into her bright magenta trunk. Lisle was gleefully jumping around in the clothes, shrieking happily, while Harry stood above all the mess looking confused and agitated. Ginny couldn’t help laughing.

“Honestly, you two,” she chuckled, walking over to the mess, jabbing her wand at the clothes. Instantly, they folded neatly and soared into the trunk, the last sock folding incessantly, as if to show off. Ginny jabbed her wand at it, and it stopped sharpish.

She turned to see Harry looking embarrassed. “Er, sorry,” he said, looking at the floor “I-er got a bit carried away with the jabbing.”

Ginny laughed and ran her fingers through his hair, right from roots to tips, ending her index finger on his chin, where she brought down to meet her lips. Harry straightened up, and fixed his slightly crooked glasses with a grin.

“I’ll be downstairs, getting the trunks sorted,” Harry said, magicking Lisle’s trunk into the air to follow him downstairs.

“Right,” Ginny said turning to Lisle, who was innocently sitting on her bed, sucking her thumb “Time to get dressed, eh?”

Lisle nodded, leaping down from her bed and running over to her dresser. Ginny helped her pull her clothes on, bringing a summery jacket in case it got chilly later on.

“Time to brush your hair,” Ginny said to the little child, who sighed but obediently sat on her bed so her mum could do her hair for her.

Ginny brushed her soft, jet-black curls, untangling any knots, then, scooped it back into two sections and braided each section into a French plait.

“Why don’t you use magic, Mum?” asked Lisle, fidgeting a little.

“Because it looks prettier when I take my time,” Ginny said, softly, turning Lisle round to look at her. The child’s fringe fluttered in her eyes and Ginny brushed it back, securing each side with clips.

“Your fringe needs cutting,” Ginny commented, while Lisle looked in her mirror, fiddling with the ends of the plaits “Perhaps Granny can do it when we go to the Burrow.”

“Will Granny use magic?” Lisle gasped, her eyes shining with delight.

Ginny smiled “If you sit still,” she said, giving Lisle a kiss on the forehead. Lisle gave her mum a hug, squeezing her round the middle. However, she frowned and broke off.

“You feel bigger,” she mentioned and Ginny laughed.

“Silly, I’ve just put on weight,” Ginny said, patting Lisle’s head. “Now, go downstairs to Dad and tell him I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

When Lisle had bounded downstairs, Ginny quickly checked herself in the mirror again. Her usually perfect, slender shape was altered a little, it was quite apparent now to herself. Standing sideways, Ginny noticed again how she looked rather fatter than usual, but she shrugged it off.

I’m just bloated, she thought Big period coming up probably. Come to think of it, I haven’t had a period in a long while now…

Ginny looked at her reflection and snapped back out of her daydream. She shook her head and went downstairs where Harry and Lisle were already waiting by the fireplace. Lisle was positively buzzing with excitement.

“Daddy are we going to Floo?” she uttered, her voice trembling with glee. Harry tickled her, laughing.

“Course we are, you monkey!” he chuckled as Lisle squirmed, a beam on her face. “Just let me talk to Mummy for a minute.”

Harry walked over to Ginny, who rested her head against his shoulder.

“Are you okay now?” Harry asked, as Ginny looked up wearily. She gave a weak sort of smile.

“Yeah, although I can’t say I really care for waking up at 5:00 AM then vomiting my entire breakfast up,” she said, and Harry patted her on the back.

“Cheer up sweetie,” he said. “Let’s go then.”

Harry and Ginny walked over to the fireplace, which had red embers burning low in their grate. Lisle lost all pretence, and was jumping around in feverish excitement. Ginny caught her shoulder, laughing.

“Simmer down now, Lisa,” she said and Lisle stopped jumping. “Right “ Harry, the house is protected with the Secure-Home spell right?”

Harry nodded “Yep, and I’ll Floo last,” he said. “Can you take Lisle and both of your trunks?” Ginny nodded this time.

“It’ll be a bit of a squeeze,” she said, taking the old flowerpot full of green, glittering powder from the mantelpiece. “But we’ll fit. Come on darling.”

Ginny picked up her and Lisle’s trunk and put them in the grate. She then took Lisle’s quivering hand and stepped in the fireplace with her daughter. Taking a hanful of green powder from the pot and handing the pot back to Harry, Ginny squeezed Lisle’s hand tightly and threw the powder into the fire while she shouted “The Burrow!” in a clear voice.

Ginny shut her eyes and clutched at Lisle and the trunks, while the fireplaces revolved very quickly, showing flashes of other witches and wizards’ homes. Finally, with one loud roaring sound, the fireplace stopped revolving abrubtly, and Lisle and Ginny staggered out.

Ginny had a quick look around the kitchen, before pulling her and Lisle’s trunks out of the fire and then sending some sparks by Floo to show Harry they had arrived safely.

Wiping soot off Lisle’s face, Ginny shouted “Hello? Anybody home?”

There was a shriek of delight from the living room and three people came bursting in through the kitchen door, Molly Weasley in the lead.

“Hello you two!! We were wondering when you were coming,” Molly said, giving Ginny and Lisle both tight hugs. “Harry’s on his way I presume?”

“Yeah, with the other trunk,” Ginny said, as her mother cooed over Lisle “Hi Dad, great to see you.”

Arthur Weasley hugged his only daughter and smiled “You’re rather early,” he beamed “Ron and Hermione arrived just half an hour ago, Ron’s upstairs unpacking, and we’re expecting Fred and George and all the others later.”

Ginny broke away from her father and turned to a bushy-haired brunette with eyes to match who stood beaming beside the doorway.

“Hermione!” Ginny said, a smile creeping onto her face as she hugged her former fellow Gryffindor pal “You look fantastic! How are things?”

Hermione smiled “You too! I’ve missed you,” she said. “We’ve got lots to chat about, Ron’s upstairs unpacking at the moment but he’ll be down once he knows little Lisle’s here.”

Ginny grinned “I can’t believe you’re getting married! To Ron! Well, I always knew there was something special there for you two anyway, I think you’ll be very happy together. I can’t think of anyone else I’d like better as a sister-in-law.”

Hermione’s eyes shone. “Thank you Ginny, that is so sweet,” she said, hugging Ginny again, but at that moment Harry appeared in the fireplace, looking a bit dizzy.

“Harry!” Molly cried, running over to give him a tight hug similar to the ones she had given Ginny and Lisle “I’m so glad you’re here!”

“Hi Molly,” Harry said beaming “Thanks for having us.”

“Nonsense, you know it’s as much your home as Ginny’s,” Molly said firmly, letting Harry shake Arthur’s hand.

“Harry!” Hermione said, walking over to hug him “It’s so wonderful to see you and Ginny, and Lisa.”

“Hey Hermione,” Harry said, kissing her on the cheek “Where’s Ron?”

“Upstairs,” Hermione said, now moving towards Lisle to give her a hug. “Hello, sweetie,” she added and Lisle giggled.

“Aunt ‘Mione!” she chuckled, burying her head into Hermione’s shoulder. Hermione grinned down at her little niece-to-be.

“Oh she is so precious,” she told Ginny, kissing Lisle’s forehead “But Ron will steal her from me…”

But her words were cut short when Lisle broke off and shrieked “Uncle Ron!” very loudly and ran towards the kitchen door where Hermione’s tall, red-headed fiancée stood, beaming at Lisle.

“Lisa!!” he exclaimed, picking up the child and swooping her around making Lisa giggle even more “How’s my little niece, eh?”

Ron gave her a kiss and Lisle wrapped her tiny arms around his neck “Uncle Ron,” she smiled, sucking her thumb. Ron walked over to Ginny and Harry, giving Ginny a hug.

“Hi mate,” Harry said, while Ron hugged him “How’s stuff?”

“Not so good,” Ron said, putting Lisle down “Did you hear about the Cannons this morning? Totally shocking performance last night…”

Ginny left the two men discussing Quidditch and Lisle with her grandparents to go over to Hermione.

“Shall we go upstairs?” Ginny offered, while Hermione nodded, levitating Ginny’s trunk for her.

The two women climbed three flights of stairs where they got to a door marked ‘Ginevra’s Room’ in purple sparkly letters, a snitch zooming through the letters.

Ginny pushed the door open and Hermione flicked her wand so that the trunk landed neatly in a corner. Ginny flopped onto her double bed, next to Hermione.

“So, tell me the details about your wedding,” Ginny said, smiling at the brunette. Ginny didn’t know much about the wedding, as Ron had only proposed to Hermione a month and a half ago.“Where will it be?”

“Well, I wanted it to be at the Burrow, and Ron and I agree, we’ve already asked Molly and Arthur, and it’s fine,” Hermione said, with an odd smile on her face “But I wanted to-to ask whether you-I mean, would you like to be my matron of honour?”

Ginny gasped with joy “Oh Hermione!” she voiced delightfully, giving the brunette a hug “I’d be honoured.”

Hermione grinned back “I’m so glad you said yes,” she mused happily. “We’re thinking of having a summer wedding, in June. If it’s now-let’s see, mid-April, that’s about two-and a half months.”
Ginny looked impressed “Wow, that’s quick,” she commented “Harry and I kept changing our minds about when to have it.”

“Yes, well that’s what I thought,” Hermione pondered aloud. “But then Ron said, why wait so long if summer is the best month to have it?”

Ginny smiled “Was the proposal very romantic? I know,” Ginny said, as Hermione sighed. “I know you’ve told me about it already. I just want to hear it again.”

Ginny looked at the diamond ring on Hermione’s hand, and Hermione sighed with happiness.

“Oh Ginny,” she smiled “He was took me to a deserted field for a moonlit dinner, by a lake, and made a picnic,” she recounted as Ginny exhaled softly. “And then we sat by the lake until every star in the sky came out, then he proposed.”

Ginny was overwhelmed.

“I know it’s like the fifth time you’ve told me,” she said, wiping her misty eyes “but it’s so romantic! Who would’ve believed that my idiotic brother would have it in him to be romantic?”

Hermione shrugged “I love him so much,” she said. “But he sure took his time. Seven years at Hogwarts, and then two more until we starting dating.”

Ginny rolled her eyes “Tell me about it.”

Hermione rolled onto her side and propped her head up with an arm “So,” she said “you look great. How’s everything going?”

“Well, it’s kind of weird,” Ginny said, remembering the odd morning she had started off with. “I might be coming down with something of the sort, I woke up really early, craving horseradish. Then after breakfast, I threw it all up.”

Hermione’s eyes widened a little. “Hmm…” she mumbled.

“And then,” Ginny continued “I tried to get my really tight jeans on and then wouldn’t fit around my waist. I can’t remember putting on weight, I always try to eat sensibly.”

Hermione looked pensive for a few moments before speaking.

“Well, haven’t you thought that it could be something else rather than, I dunno, putting on weight?”

“Well that’s the weird thing, I can’t think why all of a sudden this would be happening, unless I was…” Ginny began, but then stopped all of a sudden, a new possibility hitting her like a stone.

What if I’m…

“Hermione,” Ginny said quietly, “you don’t suppose I’m pregnant, do you?”

“Well it’s logical, isn’t it?” Hermione reasoned, getting up to pace around. “Cravings…Morning sickness...It all fits doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, but we don’t know for sure, do we?” Ginny said, standing up, “It could just be a period coming up.”

“Well, when was the last time you actually had a period?” Hermione stated.

Ginny looked thoughtful. “Well now you mention it, I do remember thinking it was a long time since I last had one.”

“How long?” Hermione asked frowning.

“Well, this is the fourth month that I haven’t had one yet.”

Hermione gaped “Four months?! Ginny, it’s obvious you’re pregnant!”

Excitement began bubbling throughout Ginny’s veins “Oh this is so wonderful!” she shrieked, hugging Hermione, who was grinning widely. “When shall I tell Harry and the others?”

“Well hang on, girlfriend,” Hermione said quickly. “You don’t actually know if you’re pregnant or not yet. You need to take a Pregnancy Potion, like you did with Lisle.”

“You mean the ones where you put the spell they give you on some potion and then five minutes later the potion turns blue if you’re not pregnant and red if you are?” Ginny asked. Hermione nodded.

“We’ll take it after lunch,” Hermione said, looking at her watch. “Because if I am not mistaken, Fred and George and all the others are arriving soon, it’s nearly eleven o’clock.”

Ginny walked down with Hermione, feeling very excited.

I hope I am pregnant, she thought.


After a delicious lunch made by Molly and eaten by Arthur, Harry, Lisle, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Fred, George, Fleur, Bill and their seven year old daughter Coralie and the cook herself, Hermione and Ginny asked if they could be excused form the table.

“Of course, dears, just be back in time for pudding,” Molly said, fondly. Hermione and Ginny assured her they would and headed for the bathroom.

“All right, I know that Mum’s got a spare potion here somewhere,” Ginny said, entering the bathroom with Hermione and locking the door. “She keeps them for emergenc-aha!”

Ginny grasped a small bottle from the medicine cabinet she was rummaging around in. It was rather dusty, Ginny noticed as she wiped off some dust from the label. Elite! Pregnancy Potions, it was marked.

“Hermione this is what we’re looking for,” Ginny said as Hermione stopped looking through the cabinet. Hermione took the small bottle, eyeing it.

“Right, well it seems all right to me,” she said looking at the back of it. “Just follow these instructions. First, take a glass of any material,” Hermione read out, picking up an empty plastic cup and waving it around “and then pour potion to fill three-quarters of the cup.”

Ginny took the cup from Hermione and poured the potion in. It was a dull, navy colour.

“Ok, now it says to perform this wand action,” Hermione said, showing Ginny the action printed on the back of the bottle “and then say the incantation.”

Ginny waved her wand in the complicated action and said the incantation. The potion hissed and went brilliantly silver for a few seconds then returned to it normal navy colour, swirling slightly.

“Right, er, now you have to add a sample of your urine,” Hermione said, while Ginny nodded, producing a small glass phial with her wand.
“Right, er, can you look away Hermione?” Ginny asked, as Hermione turned her back while Ginny made the sample.

“Done,” Ginny said, adding the contents of the phial into the potion. Hermione turned back to face Ginny.

“Ok, now we have to wait for five minutes,” she said, as the potion fizzed and went very bright yellow and then returned to its’ normal navy colour, swirling fast now.

Ginny could feel the tension as Hermione stared at her watch solidly as the seconds ticked. It was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Her heart thudded, and she remembered when she’d gone through the same process when she was pregnant with Lisle. She had been seventeen at the time, it had been her last year at Hogwarts…

****
Ginny stared at the potion with amazement and fear, Hermione holding the cup for her, in the exact same bathroom at the Burrow. It was Christmas, and Harry was downstairs with Ron, unsuspecting that he was soon to be a father.

“No,” Ginny sobbed, as Hermione hugged her tightly. “Why? Why does it have to happen to me? I can’t be a mum yet, Hermione!”

Ginny sobbed harder, letting out the tears of frustration that had caused her to turn to Harry in the first place, making her…like this.

“What am I going to do, Hermione?” Ginny asked the worried looking former Gryffindor, “I can’t go back to Hogwarts now! Not halfway through my seventh year, they’ll notice I’m pregnant, and then what will I do?”

“You have to tell Harry,” Hermione said firmly, holding Ginny’s shoulders. “He’ll want to know from you, no matter how bad he takes it.”

Ginny felt scared and lost. Her parents would kill her, Harry would freak, Ron would go insane at Harry despite being his best friend, and all the people at Hogwarts would judge her when they saw the bump.

Harry will pull further away from me if I tell him, Ginny thought to herself. And I don’t want him to, not when we became so close, especially last week…where it all started…


“Ginny?” Hermione said, weakly. Ginny opened her eyes, lost in the flashback. Reality came flooding back to her.

“Is it done?” Ginny said excitedly, checking the potion. It was still navy.

“Almost,” Hermione said, checking her watch “Ten seconds…nine…five…three…two…one…”

The potion hissed and turned bright blue.


A/N: Thanks for reading! It’s my first fanfic, and I hope you like it. By the way, don’t worry, all will be resolved in the next chapter, so keep reading and please review! 