Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Surprise by rache

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hi people! I’m back! Sorry it’s taken me so long to update, I’ve been trying to re-write chapter three, since it got deleted in the queue. I decided I didn’t like how my first chapter three was written, so I completely re-wrote it, and I think it’s a lot better this time. Happy reading, and please pretty please leave a review, it only takes two seconds! Thank you for reviewing last time!






Ginny woke the next morning, and found Harry had already gotten up, so she slipped her dressing gown on, and went downstairs to the kitchen, where she could hear the rest of the family.

Ginny pushed the door open to see Hermione, Ron, Lisle, Harry, Fred, George, Arthur, Percy and Molly all sitting round the table, chattering. Lisle sat next to Fred, who was showing her a Reusable Hangman. Lisle laughed with delight, and clapped. Hermione sat next to Ron, and they seemed to be arguing over what type of fish they should eat at their wedding.

“Ron, honestly, nobody eats haddock at a wedding! It’s just not the sort of thing you can serve.”

“Well what should we eat then?” asked Ron, running his fingers through his hair exasperatedly.

“Well, I’ve always thought salmon is a more elegant choice…” Hermione started to say, but then saw Ginny.

“Hi Ginny!” she said, beaming. “Now, tell Ron what type of fish you ate at yours an Harry’s wedding.”

Ginny smiled. “Salmon.”

Hermione nodded appreciatively, as Ron rolled his eyes. “And at Fleur and Bill’s?”

“Salmon,” Ginny repeated, smiling wider.

Ron cursed softly, but Hermione continued to beam. “And your parents’ wedding?”

“Ditto,” Ginny replied, indifferently.

Hermione turned her smile towards her fiancée, who had his head in his hands, elbows against the table.

“So, salmon it is,” Hermione concluded without waiting for Ron to speak. “Now, Ginny, do join us for some porridge.”

***

After everyone had woken up and breakfasted, Molly arranged for them all to go into Diagon Alley for the morning. Hermione, Ginny, and Lisle were all going to get their dresses for the wedding fitted, and Molly was coming to help, as she already had her outfit planned.

“The boys, I’m sure, can go off and be manly for a few hours,” Molly told Hermione and Ginny with a wink. “Or I guess they could get their tuxes sorted out.”

“Tuxedos? Nah, we’d prefer to got to the Leaky Cauldron for a drink or two,” grinned Ron, who had snuck up behind them. Molly nodded.

“Very well, but the wedding is only in less than three months, so you’d better have some idea of what you’re going to wear, unless you want me to get out your old dress robes from your fourth-year,” Molly said, as Ron’s grin slid off his face like Stinksap.

“Alright, we’ll go to the place after we’ve had a drink,” Ron said.

And he walked off.

They travelled by Floo Powder to get there, and once they had arrived in Diagon Alley, they told Ron, Harry and Arthur that they’d meet up with them later. The men headed off for the Leaky Cauldron first, and Molly, Hermione, Ginny and Lisle set off for Madame Malkins’.

As they arrived at Madame Malkins, Ginny held the door open for Hermione and Molly, but noticed that Lisle was missing. Scanning the nearby shops, she noticed that a broomstick shop was opposite to Madame Malkins. Rolling her eyes, she called to the little raven-haired child.

“Lisle!! Come over here, you can have a look at that later.”

Reluctantly, Lisle walked over to the door her mum was holding open for her, and walked in. Madame Malkin looked delighted to see them.

“Ah, it’s Molly Weasley, isn’t it?” she smiled looking at the four. “And the bride-to-be, Hermione Granger, got your dress here. Ginny Weasley, and your daughter Lisle!”

Lisle couldn’t help but smile angelically.

Attention seeker, thought Ginny smiling to herself.

“She is a precious one,” said Madame Malkin, beaming down at Lisle. “But I hear you need some dresses fitted? My, my, wedding bells certainly are ringing! Why it was only a week ago Luna Lovegood came in here getting fitted for her own wedding dress. She’s marrying Neville Longbottom, isn’t she? They’ll make a fine couple, I’m sure, with plenty of children! And I’m sure you and your husband-to-be Ron will no doubt want a whole generation of red-heads,” she added to Hermione, who blushed, nevertheless smiling all the same.

“Anyhow, I have your dresses right here, I just need to make a few adjustments to them after you try them on,” Madame Malkin said, indicating a some wrapped up garments that were hanging on some coat hangers. “Now, who shall we have? Would the bride-to-be like to go first?”

Hermione stepped forward, as Madame Malkin produced a coat hanger with a long dress, wrapped up to protect it. She unsheathed it from it’s cover, and the three women gasped.

It was snow-white and beautiful. The bodice was strapless, with small embroidered sequins over the chest, forming a sort of triangle. The rest of it was silk, and the skirt was full and there were more sequins on the hem. It was perfect.

“Well, Ms. Granger?” Madame Malkin said, smiling at their faces, trying to hide her obvious smug look. “It did take a long time, I assure you, but I’m sure it will be worth it on you.”

“I’ll go try it on,” said Hermione in a hushed voice.

“Oh, and take these as well,” said Madame Malkin, handing Hermione some white, heeled shoes and a veil.

She took them and headed for the changing cubicles. A few moments later, she peeked her head round, smiling widely.

“Ok, close your eyes,” she said, excitedly. Everyone obeyed.

“Now open,” Ginny heard her say, and she obliged. Everyone gasped again.

Ginny’s mouth fell open. Hermione looked so beautiful and white; the dress fitted her like a glove already. The skirt swished when she twirled to show the back of it, and the veil went all the way down her back, a headdress of pink, silk roses on her head. The little heels were white and silken too, but a size too big. Ginny could not help but feel a twinge of envy; a small part of her wished she could have her wedding again. A small part of her wanted to relive the day she had married Harry, the happiest day of her life, other than when she had given birth to Lisle…

“Gin? What do you think?”

Ginny snapped back to attention. Hermione was looking at her anxiously, waiting for a reply. Ginny’s face split into a huge grin, as she hugged her.

“It’s beautiful,” Ginny said, as she pulled her arms away from Hermione, who looked happy. “It really suits you. You look absolutely radiant. Ron is a very lucky man.”

Hermione smiled sincerely at her best female friend. “Thank you,” she said. “I’m so glad you like it. Molly, what do you think?”

Molly stood there, a handkerchief to her sparkling eyes. “Hermione, you look absolutely lovely. I’m so happy for you and Ron. I can’t think of anyone who is better for him than you.”

Hermione’s eyes were filled with of emotion at this.

“May I hug you? I don’t want to spoil the dress,” Molly added. Hermione grinned, and pulled both Ginny and Molly into a big hug.

“But do be careful with the dress!” Madame Malkin warned, looking apprehensively at the gown, her eyes scanning it for creases. Hermione pulled away from them quickly.

“Go on Ginny, you next,” she grinned at her. Ginny stepped up and Madame Malkin handed her two garments on coat hangers, one considerably smaller. Both had protective covers on.

“I think your daughter will need help with the zip at the back,” Madame Malkin said, handing her two pairs of shoes on top of the garments.

Ginny nodded and walked into the changing room with Lisle. When she had pulled the curtain, she unsheathed the dresses. They were both pale blue, and silken. Ginny ran her hand lightly over her dress. It felt like water; it was so smooth.

Setting it aside, Ginny helped Lisle into her smaller dress, which had thin straps and a sash. It had no sequins, but the material shimmered brilliantly. Lisle looked very cute really, as she put her pale blue ballet shoes on.

“Wait for me,” Ginny told Lisle, as she unzipped her own dress. Lisle sat down on the seat in the cubicle. This was her second time as a bridesmaid. Her first time was when she was four, at her mum and dad’s wedding. She had been so cute; all the guests thought so.

Ginny zipped up the side of her dress, and peered at herself in the mirror. Like Hermione’s, it was strapless, but the colour matched Lisle’s. It accentuated her long, slim legs, and her small waist.

Frowning slightly, Ginny turned sideways to get a side view of her middle. Her stomach was definitely protruding more, yet she didn’t feel bloated. It was more of a…bump.

But the Potion told me I’m not pregnant, Ginny thought to herself. So why am I fatter?

“Can you come out now?” called Hermione from the other side of the cubicle.
“Oh, yeah,” Ginny slipped he shoes on quickly. “Close your eyes now.”

Stepping out of the cubicle with Lisle, Ginny saw they all had closed eyes. She smiled.

“Now open.”

Molly, Hermione and Madame Malkin obeyed, and a collective “wow!” passed through the room. Lisle, enjoying the attention, gave a little pirouette, her arms raised above her head.

“Oh she’s still so adorable!” Hermione said, scooping Lisle up into a hug, and twirled her round in her arms. “I have the best bridesmaids!”

“You look very nice, dear,” Molly told Ginny, beaming. “The colour really suits you. And I’m sure Lisle and Coralie will look very sweet together.”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the third bridesmaid!” Ginny said, clapping a hand to her forehead.

“Well, technically you’re not a bridesmaid,” Hermione said, putting Lisle back down. “You’re the Maid of Honour. Or Matron, since you’re already married.”

“Well yeah,” Ginny said, smiling. “But what about Coralie? When is she getting her dress fitted?”

“Oh she’s already had hers done,” Molly said, airily. “But I think a few adjustments will need to be made to these.”

“That they will,” Madame Malkin said, nodding. “I think you’re hem needs to be taken up just a little,” she indicated Hermione’s dress “and you need a bigger shoe size. Mrs. Potter, I think that dress may need to come in a slightly bigger size, you look as if you are struggling in a corset.”

Ginny looked down and noticed the bulge at her stomach. “I know, I must have put on weight. I’ll try and shift it before the wedding, but you’re probably right.”

Hermione shot Ginny a furtive glance, her eyes widening slightly. Having a hunch at what this could mean, Ginny simply inclined her head slightly to her.

Noticing nothing, Madame Malkin carried on. “Now, this lovely little girl could do with having her hem taken up a good few inches too, she’s smaller than I imagined, for her age. Her shoes are perfect, and she does look very cute, I must admit.”

She patted Lisle on the head, and she smiled back like an angel.

***

After they had gotten fitted for the dresses, and sorted out, they went to meet up with the men, who were waiting outside The Leaky Cauldron.

“Hello,” Molly said, as they rushed over to them. “Have you been to get your tuxes sorted?”

Ron grinned. “Yes mum! It’s all sorted.”

He kissed Hermione. “Hi sweetheart,” he said. “Hi Ginny, and Lisle. How was that?”

“Very boring,” Lisle said. “I wanted to look at broomsticks, but Mum wouldn’t let me.”

They all laughed, and Ron looked at Ginny.

“Depriving her of Quidditch? Never! Not in this family,” he said, in a mock-stern voice. Ginny laughed.

“Get a grip, Ron!”

The group walked into the Leaky Cauldron, and went out the back entrance, back to the Muggle world. They came out of the wizard pub, ready to walk on towards the Portkey that had been set up to return them to the Burrow, for security measures.

However, Hermione ducked under Ginny and Ron and zoomed into a nearby Muggle shop called Boots.

“Hermione?”

Ginny stopped in her tracks, looking at the door, which closed behind Hermione. The others did not notice Hermione’s quick disappearance, and therefore carried on walking. However, Ginny thought she’d better wait for Hermione, in case she lost them.

A few minutes later, Hermione came jogging out of the shop called Boots, holding a brown paper bag with something inside it.

“What was that all about?” Ginny asked, bewildered, eyeing the bag.

Hermione shook her head. “I’ll tell you later. Where are the others?”

Ginny glanced ahead. She could just make out Ron’s tall frame disappearing round a corner.

“We can catch them up,” Ginny told Hermione. “Let’s go.”

They caught up with the group, and used the Portkey to return home with the others. It was only when they had arrived safely back at the Burrow, and gone up to Ginny’s room (which Harry and Ginny were using for their stay) that Hermione cast a locking spell on the door and collapsed onto Ginny’s bed.

“Right,” Ginny frowned, her hands on her hips. “What’s going on?”

“Okay,” Hermione said, sitting up. “I wasn’t sure about something, something concerning you. So, I went into a Muggle pharmacy to get you “’’ Hermione rummaged in the paper bag “this.”

She produced a long, rectangular white box from the bag. It said Clearblue on it, and there was a still picture of a woman with a baby on the front.

Ginny clicked.

“Hermione, that’s not a “ it isn’t “’’

Hermione nodded. “Yes, it is. I bought you a Muggle pregnancy test, just to be sure about this.”

Ginny groaned, sitting down beside Hermione, her head buried in her hands.

“Hermione, the magical Pregnancy Potion told me I wasn’t pregnant! Wizarding Potions are more accurate than those weird Muggle sticks they call pregnancy tests.”

“Not necessarily,” Hermione said, solidly. “The Potion, we know for a fact was way out of date. Even wizard potions expire. Plus, it could have been a false negative.”

Ginny looked up. “I don’t know, Hermione. What if it’s negative again?”

“Well, how else can you explain the missing periods, the weird cravings and rather obvious bump that’s beginning to show on your stomach? It’s not normal, Ginny. Please, just take the test. It can’t hurt you to try,” Hermione reasoned.

Ginny sighed, kneading her forehead with her knuckles. There was a rather long pause while Ginny considered the matter, watching Hermione’s eager face.

“All right,” Ginny said, reluctantly. Hermione beamed.

“Finally,” she said, putting the box back in the bag. “We’ll use the bathroom across the hall, it’s bigger than the downstairs one.”

The two women headed out to the bathroom across the hall, locking the door to it when they got in.

***

“Right,” Ginny said, five minutes later, when they were in the bathroom. An unfolded sheet of instructions was spread out on her knees, as Hermione looked at the box. “Er “ what the hell am I supposed to do?”

“Give it here.”

Hermione took the sheet from Ginny and examined it for a few seconds. Then she picked up the box, and emptied the contents onto a towel than was on a counter nearby. Out fell a long white stick, a little pot of something, and a paper cup.

“Okay,” Hermione told Ginny. “It says here you’re supposed to first put a sample of your urine in this cup. Joy.”

Ginny wrinkled her nose. “It’s alright,” she replied grimly, “I’m getting used to it.”

“Anyway,” Hermione continued, peering at the instructions. “After that, you add the contents of this pot,” Hermione held up the little pot “to the sample. After that, you dip the little white stick in it and then leave the stick for five minutes. We’ll use my stopwatch.”

Hermione indicated her Muggle stopwatch on her wrist. Ginny nodded, taking a deep breath.

“Okay,” Hermione said, “if you’re pregnant, the stick will show two little blue lines on this white stick, alright? If you’re not, there will only be one line. So the one line is negative, and the two lines are positive.”

“Ok then, shall I do the sample first then?” she asked Hermione, with raised eyebrows. Hermione nodded, and turned away while Ginny put a sample of her urine in the cup.

“Ok, done. You can turn back now.”

Hermione turned around to see Ginny holding a paper cup full of what looked like apple juice.

“Right-o,” Hermione said. “Now we add the little pot.”

Ginny poured the contents of the pot in.

“Okay, now we dip the stick in.”

Ginny dipped it in, and then set the stick down on the counter, flipped the wrong way up so that the side that would tell her whether she was pregnant was face down. Hermione set the timer on her watch on for five minutes.

They waited with baited breath. It was so tense, Ginny could almost see the intensity pressing against her skin. She paced the bathroom, listening to the clock on the wall tick. A constant battle was waging in her mind.

What if I’m pregnant?

What if I’m not?

What if it turns out I got my hopes up for nothing?

Ginny could not bear to think these things; she felt she would explode if the five minutes were not up soon.

A sudden beeping sound came from Hermione’s watch.

“Ginny it’s time.”

***

Ginny felt as though she had eaten worms instead of porridge at breakfast. Her hands were trembling; her stomach felt as though it had flipped over. She couldn’t think straight.

“Okay, do you want to flip it over?” asked Hermione, gently, putting a hand on Ginny’s shoulder. Ginny nodded, and reached for the stick.

She was about to take it when she found she couldn’t bring herself to.

“Hermione I can’t! You do it.”

Hermione reached for the stick, and picked it up. Gently, so it wasn’t facing Ginny, she flipped it over. Her eyes widened.

“What?! What is it??” Ginny cried anxiously. She couldn’t take the tension.

Hermione opened her mouth, and then closed it again. She cleared her throat.

“Ginny,” she said, her eyes watering, “you’re pregnant.”


***




A/N: Thank you for reading! So there you have it “ Ginny is pregnant after all! Anyway, about those people who reviewed before saying they want some details on when Lisle was born and Harry and Ginny’s wedding “ don’t worry it’s coming! I put no memories in this chappie cuz I wanted to focus on the present, but in later chapters I will be adding details on Ginny and Harry’s past! Please review!!!!!