Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Surprise by rache

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The rest of the week at the Burrow passed so quickly Ginny was sure the clocks had sped up. They had broken the news to the others, all of whom were surprised and very pleased. All her brothers were excited to have another niece or nephew on the way, and Lisle was very proud of the fact that she would soon be a big sister. She had taken to saying, “I’m going to be a sister, a big sister!” to anyone who would listen and laugh.

Before Ginny knew it, the morning of their departure was upon them, and she made sure Lisle (who had had her fringe cut with magic by Molly the previous night) had packed absolutely everything, including her old stuffed rabbit that she slept with at night, and that Harry had not forgotten his socks. She double-checked on everything before heading down for breakfast.

After breakfast had been eaten, Ginny, Harry and Lisle began saying their good-byes. Harry hugged Molly, assuring her that she needn’t worry about their journey, while Ron tickled Lisle before giving her a big bear hug.

Ginny hugged Charlie and then Bill, and even managed to hug Fleur, who looked perfect even at quarter to ten in the morning.

“Ginny?”

Ginny spun round and saw Hermione behind her. Ginny beamed as she pulled her into a hug, a mane of bushy brown hair attacking her face as she did so.

“I hope the journey goes well,” Hermione smiled, as they broke apart. “I won’t see you until the wedding and by then you’ll be pretty big. We’ll have to owl Madame Malkin saying that we need a bigger dress for you, won’t you be nearly seven months pregnant?”

Ginny nodded.

“I promise I’ll owl you with news and stuff,” she said, reassuringly. “Thanks for “ well “ everything, Hermione.”

Hermione shook her head, smiling. “Don’t mention it.”

Hugging her one last time, Ginny turned towards Harry, who was standing beside the fireplace, trying to restrain Lisle, who was wriggling.

Harry threw a handful of glittering green powder into the flames, and they instantly shot up, like swaying green serpents. Stepping into the flames with Lisle and Harry, Ginny took a fleeting glance around at them all while Harry shouted, “Number seven, Godric’s Hollow!” and they all disappeared from view as the green flames swallowed them up.

****



As soon as they were back at home in Godric’s Hollow, the weeks seemed to speed up again. Ginny found she was not being sick in the mornings anymore, but her nights were becoming a little more broken up and her cravings were becoming even odder. Once, she had woken up at three in the morning, dying for a salami and meatball sandwich with hot sauce and mayonnaise.

A trip to St. Mungos in May told her the baby was very healthy and had a strong heartbeat. They also got a nice surprise; Ginny was carrying a little girl. Harry and Lisle were delighted, and so was Ginny. The baby had starting kicking, and whenever Ginny felt a little flutter, Lisle would clutch at her tummy, shouting, “I can’t feel it! I can’t feel it!” until she held still for a while.

Ever since the news had come that Ginny was expecting another girl, Harry had begun to decorate Lisle’s old playroom with pale pink and white walls and they had unearthed Lisle’s old yellow duck cot and put it in the corner. It looked very sweet, and Lisle climbed into the cot one day, claiming that she was a little baby who needed feeding. Harry laughed and tickled her, which always worked; it was a Weasley trait to be ticklish.

Before she was even aware of how quickly the time had sped, Ginny (with a large bump on her tummy now) found that it was the 23rd of June, two days before Ron and Hermione’s wedding. The wedding would take place at the Burrow (where Harry and Ginny had also been married) and it would be outside, so that they could enjoy the beautiful summer weather. The bridesmaid dresses had been sent to Ginny, and she found hers had been altered to fit a seven-month pregnant woman. Lisle looked adorably sweet in her dress, and the shoes fitted her now. There was no doubt Coralie and her would look precious together.

On the 24th, Harry, Lisle and Ginny arrived at the Burrow, only to be greeted by Ron, Hermione, Arthur and Molly. The house was in a frenzy of pre-wedding production, and Molly had barely greeted them before she had to rush back into the kitchen, to make sure none of the food for the wedding was burning. Arthur looked a little more tired than usual but nevertheless looked pleased to see Harry and Ginny.

“We’ve been like this for a few weeks now,” Arthur said, nodding at the walls which had a great many to-do-lists stuck on them, in Molly’s handwriting. “Hermione’s been really helpful with the food especially. She’s managed to calm Molly down, making her endless cups of tea and she’s helped cook for hours each day. We kept telling her she shouldn’t, that it was her wedding, but she didn’t want to hear of it. Ron’s been helping with the garden, with the help of Fred and George, but you know what they’re like, they practically slow the whole process down with their jokes, so we’ve had help from Bill and Charlie, who have been popping in every now and then. Their families are coming on the actual day, so we aren’t limited for space, but we aren’t doing too badly. Everything’s almost ready now.”

Ginny laughed. “You sound like you’ve been busy,” she said, resting a hand on her stomach. “Where is Hermione anyway? I’d quite like to see her.”

Arthur pointed in the direction of the kitchen. “Try and be calm in the kitchen, Molly’s been getting a little worked up lately.”

Ginny grinned and left Harry talking to Arthur in the living room. Lisle followed her mum down the corridor.

“You’ll see Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione, Lis, won’t you like that?” Ginny said, brushing Lisle’s fringe out of her eyes again (it needed cutting again).

Lisle nodded. “I can’t wait to see “ Uncle RON!!”

As soon as they had reached the kitchen, Lisle ran towards Ron, who looked quite tanned (probably from working in the garden in the hot summery weather) and bounded straight into his arms.

“Lisle! How are you, you little monkey?” Ron laughed, spinning her round in his arms. Ginny laughed and looked around the room to see Hermione running towards her, a flowery apron tied around her waist, her bushy mane flying.

“Hermione!” Ginny exclaimed, hugging her quickly, a grin on her face. “How have you been? I heard you and Ron have been working hard.”

“Did someone just say my name?” Ron asked, coming up behind Ginny. Ginny rolled her eyes while she hugged her older brother.

“Hi,” Ginny said as she broke apart from him. “So how have you been? You must have done a lot of work in the garden, you look pretty brown.”

Ron laughed. “Yeah, you should see it, it’s looking fantastic now, we de-gnomed it yesterday, and now all that needs putting up is the platform. I’m on my coffee break now.”

Ginny raised her eyebrows. “Can I see it now then?”

“Yeah,” Ron answered. “But Hermione can show you, I haven’t seen Harry yet.”

Hermione looking mortally offended. “Neither have I!” she said, swatting Ron’s arm, but Ginny could tell she was only pretending.

“Mum, could we leave Lisle to cook with you for a few minutes while Hermione shows me the garden?” Ginny asked Molly, who looked up from the bowl she was stirring with her wand and nodded.

“Come on, Lisa, I’ll show you how to whip the whites of eggs to make meringue,” Molly said, as Lisle walked over to her grandmother. “We’ll use magic…”

Leaving the pair, Hermione and Ginny slipped through the corridor until they reached the back door.

“Close you eyes, and I’ll guide you.”

Ginny obeyed and let Hermione take her hand, feeling the warm sunshine on her face as they stepped outside.

“Now open.”

Ginny opened her eyes and gasped. It was as though they had walked into the wrong backgarden. The grass was brilliantly green and smooth. The air smelt of freshly mown grass and the sweet smell of flowers. Oriental lilies and orchids were in full bloom everywhere, and there were chairs set up in rows, making an aisle to walk down, with a raised platform at the end of the aisle. White rose petals carpeted the aisle and platform, which was surrounded by red rose bushes. White ribbons had been set up like banners in the trees, and there were fountains around the outside of the chairs and platform, with sparkling fresh water trickling over the bowls, spilling into the bottom most bowl. Live fairies were chattering and buzzing around, each with a different coloured dress or garment on. It looked just like heaven.

“Ron’s still got some final touches left to do, but it looks pretty impressive doesn’t it?” Hermione was saying. “Your dad’s been doing most of it, I can’t seem to thank him enough for everything he’s done for us. Molly’s been wonderful, I don’t think we’ll get a better cook anywhere.”

Ginny grinned. “It’s absolutely perfect,” she said, flipping her long red hair over her shoulder, placing a hand on her bump. “Speaking of family, I’ve got some news for you. I’m expecting a girl.”

Hermione clapped a hand to her mouth. “Oh that’s wonderful!” she mused, dancing around, her bushy brown curls bouncing. “We can dress her up and stuff!”

Ginny laughed. “Is that all you ever think about? You said the same thing when I found out Lisle was going to be a girl.”

Hermione smiled sheepishly. “Well I’ve always wanted a girl myself for that reason. And many other reasons of course,” she added as Ginny raised her eyebrows. “Have you thought about names yet?”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Don’t even get me started on names! Harry wants Edwina. Edwina! For a little girl?”

Hermione grinned. “And what have you come up with so far?”

“Well,” Ginny began, “I suggested Lily first, after Harry’s mum you know, but then we realised that would be two ‘L’s’, Lisle and Lily, which sound too alike.”

“And?” Hermione asked eagerly.

“And now I don’t know,” Ginny sighed, exasperatedly, throwing her hands up in defeat, accidentally knocking out a pink fairy. “Harry still wants Edwina for some obscure reason, have you got any ideas?”

Hermione averted her eyes from Ginny and her cheeks went pink.

“No.”

Ginny grinned slyly. “Yes you have!” she teased, slapping Hermione lightly on the arm, “Come on, what is it?”

“I can’t tell you, because you’ll love it and want to name your new baby it,” Hermione whined, “And if I was going to have a baby girl I thought of the perfect name.”

Ginny grinned even more widely. “I promise I won’t steal it,” she assured Hermione, cocking an eyebrow.

“All right,” Hermione said, taking a deep breath, “If I was having a boy, Matthew, and if I was having a girl it would be Emma.”

Ginny put a hand up to her mouth. “Oh that’s so beautiful,” she said smiling at her friend. “But don’t worry I’m not going to take it! Emma Potter…”

Ginny’s voice trailed off, her eyes dreamy. Hermione glared at her.

“You promised you wouldn’t steal it,” she reminded Ginny firmly, “It took me ages to come up with.”

Ginny laughed and placed a hand on Hermione’s shoulder firmly. “Hermione, I am not going to take it! I think it’s a lovely name, but it’s your idea. I’m not one for plagiarism. The names I choose for my children are unique and individual.”

Hermione’s expression relaxed and she smiled at Ginny. “Okay, you’re right. Forgive me for being so defensive.”

Ginny was about to open her mouth to do so when they heard Molly call from the kitchen, loudly: “GINNY! HERMIONE! THE CAKE IS BURNING!”

****


After the slight cake-burning incident (which had been restored with a quick wand-wave from Hermione) everything had gone smoothly. Ron, Harry, Bill, Charlie and Arthur had helped put up the trellis and platform, and added the final touches to the garden. Lisle was overexcited by it all and kept rushing around. Ginny told her off many times but it didn’t seem to have any effect on Lisle whatsoever. She had a certain disregard for rules, just like her father, and Ginny knew that wasn’t going to change.

The next morning, Ginny woke up and got dressed quickly, and then walked down to breakfast. She found that everyone was already up, and Molly was for once not working, but sitting down with a mug of tea, tiredness etched into her face.

Ginny sat down beside her, helping herself to cereal. Molly looked up from her tea, rubbing her eyes and stifling a yawn.

“Morning, Ginny,” she said smiling wearily, draining the last of her tea. “I feel like I’ve barely seen you since you got here yesterday. How are things? Arthur and I got your owl, we’re delighted that you’re having another girl.”

Ginny smiled, and placed a hand on her tummy. “Yeah, Harry was a little crestfallen at first, I’m sure he wanted a James, but he’s also delighted to have two little girls. He’s already finished painting Lisle’s old playroom.”

Molly smiled weakly. “I’m so pleased for you and Harry. I thought when you came down here last time something was definitely different in you. Anyway, when is it due?”

“August the twenty-eighth,” Ginny replied, “But the Healers at St. Mungos’ said that she has a very healthy heartbeat and she’s kicking like mad.”

Molly smiled. “Well that’s good,” she murmured. “You did get the dresses we ordered from Madame Malkins’, didn’t you?”

Ginny nodded. “And they fit perfectly now,” she added. “You haven’t seen Hermione, have you? I need to discuss “”

But before she could finish, there was a loud shriek from the kitchen door, announcing Hermione’s presence anyway.

“I’M GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!”

****


The rest of the morning sped past in a frenzy of last-minute wedding preparations and excitement. The actual ceremony was taking place at six in the afternoon. Molly could be found in the kitchen, cleaning and wiping away every speck of dust with a flick of her wand, making it impeccably clean. The rest of the house and grounds were looking spotless, and yet everyone was still bustling around as though something would go seriously wrong if they didn’t.

Ginny, Molly, Fleur and the two little bridesmaids (Coralie and Lisle) all got ready at five o’clock, using the lounge as their hair and make-up base. Coralie, a serene and calm seven-year-old was sitting down in her seat, letting her mother charm her long silvery-blond hair into an elaborate bun. Lisle, on the other hand, was buzzing around the room like an excitable bee. It took several count-to-tens and deep breaths before she let Fleur do her hair up like Coralie’s.

“Hm! Eef only you would seet still like Coralie!” Fleur said reprovingly to Lisle, who was still jittering around. “I ‘av nevair known a child to be so energetic as you. But you ‘av beautiful ‘air, it ees a shame not to put eet up.”

Ginny laughed into her hand. Lisle was looking as though she wanted to burst with excitement. Molly had cut her fringe earlier, for the second time. It was a bit of a nuisance to have to keep cutting it. Ginny had considered simply growing it out for good, but she looked so sweet with it, it seemed a pity to.

“There!” Fleur said, looking satisfied. “Zat wasn’t zo bad, now?”

Lisle was strangely subdued as she peered at her reflection in the mirror. Fleur had also done an elaborate bun in her hair, like nearly everyone else. Ginny bent down to look at her in the mirror.

“There, Lis, what do you say to Auntie Fleur?” Ginny said, reprovingly.

“Thank you,” Lisle said automatically. Fleur smiled, making her beautiful features seem much more radiant. Her own hair was done up in a very French twist that looked too complicated for Ginny to even attempt.

“Zat ees not a problem,” she replied, fluttering her hand in a carefree manner. “Eet would be better to do eet another time again, I ‘ope.”

Ginny smiled her thanks and bent down to Lisle’s height. “Now, you be good, all right?” she told Lisle. “No messing around. Auntie Hermione’s chosen you and Coralie to be her special bridesmaids, and I’m sure she wants you on your best behaviour.”

Lisle nodded. “I will, Mum.”

Ginny smiled and kissed her on the forehead. “I know you can do it.”

She straightened up and looked at the long mirror in the corner, that showed her full reflection. She had done her own hair (using a few useful spells) and it was piled onto the back of her head, in an elaborate, fiery red bun. She had done her make-up herself. The light blue dress was beautiful, and it showed her bump off in a subtle but not too obvious way. Ginny grinned. I’ve definitely put on weight then., she thought to herself.

The door opened, and Ginny gasped, clapping a hand over her mouth. It was Hermione. She looked absolutely beautiful, in her long, white wedding gown and veil. Her hair was sleek and elegant, and the curls were scraped back into a twist, leaving a few stray locks to dangle freely. Her face looked perfect: not a spot or blemish appeared on her skin. Ginny had never seen her looking like this; even the time in their fourth year when she had dressed up for the Yule Ball.

Hermione looked over at Ginny and smiled. “Does the dress look okay?” she asked, nervously, peering in the mirror. Ginny smiled back.

“Hermione, you look lovely,” she said, resting a hand on her stomach. “I’ve never seen you looking so radiant.”

Hermione grinned. “So do you,” she said. At that moment, Molly stuck her head around the door.

“Is everyone assembled? It’s time.”

Ginny looked at Hermione, who was faintly pale. Ginny squeezed her arm reassuringly. “You’ll be fine. Lisle and Coralie go first, then the best man, in other words, Harry and I, and then you and your dad. ”

Hermione smiled a ghost of a smile. “I hope you’re right.”

Molly appeared again. “Girls! Come on! We’re ready for you!”

****


“I now pronounce you man and wife! You may now kiss the bride.”

Ron kissed Hermione gently as the guests in the audience clapped and cheered. When they broke off, Hermione was laughing and Ron was beaming down at her. Molly, who was sitting in the front row with Arthur and the Grangers, cheered with the rest, wiping a tear off her face. Arthur had his arm around his sobbing wife as he clapped along with everyone else.

Ron and Hermione got showered with confetti as they made their way down the aisle, Lisle and Coralie at the rear with Ginny. Everyone was taking pictures with big wizards’ cameras that smoked when they snapped.

The photographer insisted on taking pictures first. He was an old, wizened little wizard who smiled at Ron and Hermione.

“Now, if we could get a picture of the bride and groom first,” he wheezed, coughing in the camera smoke, “Lovely. And now perhaps the Matron of Honour with the best man, next to the newlyweds “ excellent. Now perhaps the two little bridesmaids on their own…”

It seemed to take forever. The photographer wanted pictures of everyone “ including Molly and Arthur and the Grangers. Then they did more of the bride and groom. Then the Matron of Honour with the best man again…

Ginny watched Hermione and Ron, who were now kissing for the camera, both laughing sheepishly and looking pleased. Her left hand rested on her stomach again, as she always did nowadays. They looked perfect as Ron spun Hermione round, catching her waist as she came back again. Hermione giggled and Ron kissed her again. Ginny continued to watch them happily while Harry came up behind her. She looked round at him.

“You look beautiful,” Harry murmured in her ear, intertwining his hand with her left hand. She smiled at him, brushing her nose against his.

“Thank you,” she replied. “But I’m not as beautiful as Hermione today.”

Harry grinned. “She does look rather like the day me and Ron first noticed she was a girl at the Yule Ball. We both thought we weren’t seeing her properly.”

Ginny laughed. “Well of course she’s a girl, she kissed Viktor Krum that night, silly!”

“Better not let Ron hear you say that on his wedding day,” Harry answered, his grin more prominent. “He hated Krum. Mind you, I hated Dean while you were going out.”

Ginny looked amused. “I thought you liked Cho most of the time though?”

“Cho?” Harry said, blankly. “Oh yeah, the one who cornered me in the Room of Requirement. Well I thought I did, but I suppose it was because she was popular and good at Quidditch, and “ well “ ”

“…Stunningly gorgeous, yes,” Ginny laughed, watching Harry struggle with the words. “Come on Harry, all the boys fancied her.”

Harry smiled weakly. “Yeah, but she wasn’t as pretty as you.”

Ginny felt herself blush even though Harry had told her this about a hundred times, but it still felt good every time.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” Arthur Weasley called out over the chatter, which ceased immediately. “It is a pleasure to welcome you all to our home today. We will be serving the food now, and then we shall have dancing. The bride and groom will do the opening dance and everyone else can join in. If you would like to be seated at a table nearby we will be able to start.”

Ginny’s jaw fell open. While she had been talking to Harry, the chairs had re-arranged themselves and there were now a dozen or more round tables to seat six all around the lawn, leaving a space in the middle, which Ginny assumed was the dancefloor.

“Shall we be seated?” said Harry, taking Ginny’s hand. Ginny smiled.

“Oh yes, please,” she answered, letting him guide her. They made a beeline for the table which Hermione and Ron were sitting at. Ron had his arms around Hermione, gazing down at her adoringly as she stared up at him in the same manner. Harry cleared his throat.

“Er, may we sit with you?” he asked as the pair came back to their senses. Ron nodded looking slightly sheepish. Ginny grinned at the pair of them.

“So, how does it feel to be married?” she exclaimed as she picked up the menu. “It was a wonderful ceremony. You had me in tears at one point.”

Ron looked baffled. “What “ crying because of something good? Women are strange sometimes.”

Ginny threw a contemptuous look at him. “It was emotional, that’s why I was crying. Because I was so happy for the both of you.”

“So…how exactly do we work this menu?” said Harry, his thoughts still completely engrossed in food. Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Is that all men ever think about?” she replied, half-smiling. “Well, in answer to your question, the menus, er “ well come to think of it, how do they work?”

“Well it works a little like at the Yule Ball,” Hermione answered. “You see, I charmed the plates so that the food we’ve made instantly appears on it. But there are limits, which is why we’ve made menus.”

Ron was watching Hermione with awe.

“I’ve married the most intelligent witch ever gone to Hogwarts,” he said, hoarsely. Hermione looked mollified.

“That’s not true “ ” she began, but her words were cut short as Fred and George came to sit down, identical grins and matching blue blazers.

“Hermione, Ron, congrats to you both,” said George as Fred took a picture that let off a bang and cloud of smoke. Coughing, Ron looked up hazily.

“Er, thanks,” he said. “Nice blazers.”

Fred grinned as they took seats next to each other. “I know,” he replied, tweaking it a little. “Got them from Gladrags; they’ve set up a branch in Diagon Alley now.”

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but at that moment Arthur had stood up again and there was an instant hush. He beamed at them.

“I’m glad to see you’re all seated, comfortably I hope. Now without further ado, please, help yourselves to whatever is on the menu!”

Hermione picked up her menu and said confidently: “Smoked salmon picatta!”

Instantly, the appetizer appeared on her plate and she began to cut it elegantly with a knife and fork. Catching on, everyone else was soon saying things like “Crab quiche!” or “Shrimp and pea risotto!”

Ginny peered at the menu and decided on ‘spaghetti alla carbonara’, and tucked in.

****


“It’s official, I cannot eat another bite. Your mother is the best cook in the entire world.”

Harry fell back in his chair, sighing blissfully. Ginny smiled.

“And half of the credit goes to Hermione as well! She did the plate-charm thingy,” Ginny added, kindly. Hermione beamed at her.

“Thanks, Gin,” she said, taking a sip of champagne. “The cake was made by Molly though, I could never achieve such high standards in cake-making.”

“Well, I like your potato au gratin you make for me at home,” Ron said, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Better than what the house-elves at Hogwarts could do.”

Ginny was amazed to see that Hermione did not even open her mouth to protest at this.

There was a sound of a fork against glass, and everyone automatically looked up. Bill was standing up holding his champagne glass, grinning in Hermione and Ron’s direction.

“I would like to make a toast, before we start the opening dance, to the happy couple, Ron and Hermione. I hope they spend many joyful and fulfilling years together. To Ron and Hermione!”

“To Ron and Hermione,” everyone else murmured, raising their glasses.

“And now,” Bill continued, “if the newlyweds would like to step up here and delight us with their first dance as a married couple.”

The guests applauded as Ron and Hermione stood up and walked to the dancefloor. A pianist sat at a grand piano and the guests stopped clapping as he began a romantic melody.

Ron spun Hermione round and dropped her to the floor, catching her right before she hit the ground. The guests all “oohed” and “ahhed”.

“Show-off!” George called out, grinning. The guests laughed approvingly.

Hermione resurfaced, blushing a little. They danced quite normally after that, Ron occasionally spinning her round in a pirouette and catching her waist.

After a few minutes, when Ginny felt it was appropriate to, she grabbed Harry’s hand and led him to the dancefloor, and they began to dance slowly, like Ron and Hermione were. Harry spun Ginny’s hands around in a similar pirouette and caught her waist, grinning.

Ginny grinned back at him. “Show off!” she whispered in his ear.

One by one, the other guests made their way to the dancefloor and began dancing. Ginny looked around and saw Charlie and Evie nearby. Behind them were Percy and Penelope looking rather pompous as always. Next to Percy was Lisle, standing on Fred’s toes and he waltzed with her. Bill was swaying on the spot, Fleur wrapped in his arms, looking graceful and willowy.

When the song had finished (with a resounding note from the piano) a much quicker song came on, and everyone clapped when a band on the platform came on, playing jazz.

Soon everyone was dancing exuberantly. Ginny switched partners with Hermione. Ron grasped her hands and began doing a kind of jitterbug with her. Ginny giggled and was thoroughly exhausted when the song was over.

“I’m sitting down for a bit!” she said to Charlie, who had just offered to dance with her. He nodded in understanding and was soon taken by Lisle, whose face was flushed with excitement.

Panting, Ginny sat down at the table a hand on her stomach. She watched Hermione and Harry who were doing a very original two-step, and close by were Molly and Arthur, who were both excellent dancers, having “done that kind of thing” in their youth.

When the song ended, Ginny cheered loudly with everyone else, and Hermione came up to her, very red in the face and panting.

“Hi!” she said, grinning. “I was wondering where you’d got to. Can I dance with you for a bit? I’ve had enough of boys.”

Ginny nodded. “Well I’ll go back in a minute, I just “ ”

But she broke off suddenly as a dart of pain seemed to clench at her stomach. Hermione looked concerned.

“What is it?” she asked anxiously.

Ginny shook her head. “It’s nothing,” she replied. “I just “ well it’s gone now. Come on, let’s go dance.”

****


Ginny returned to the table with Harry, Hermione and Ron after several more dances, gasping for breath, but grinning nevertheless.

“Phew! I’m boiling!” she said, fanning herself. “I need a drink.”

“Me too,” Harry said, standing up to go with her. “Anyone else need one?”

Ron and Hermione shook their heads.

Ginny and Harry made their way to the drinks table, chatting.

“I haven’t danced this much since our wedding,” Ginny said, filling a glass with punch from the bowl. “I’m worn out already!”

“So am I,” Harry said, filling his glass. “I “ hey, what’s the matter?”

Ginny had suddenly clutched her stomach again. The searing pain had began again, but this time, it did not go away as it had before.

“I “ ouch!” Ginny panted, staggering a little as Harry grabbed her arms. “It’s “ it’s my stomach. I’m “ I’m in pain!”

It suddenly dawned on her. “Get Hermione!” she uttered, staggering over onto her knees. Harry looked unwilling to leave her, but obliged and came back with Hermione and Ron a few seconds later.

“Oh my…” Hermione began, looking a bit scared, “It “ it’s not…you know, is it?”

“I think so “ ARGH!” Ginny replied, her face screwed up in pain as another bolt of pain seared across her stomach. “I need to get to St. Mungo’s!”

Harry looked bewildered. “Why does she need to - ?”

But Hermione shook her head impatiently as she kneeled down beside Ginny.

“Harry she’s having CONTRACTIONS!!” Hermione shouted loudly, at the white-faced Harry. “If she doesn’t get to hospital NOW she’ll be giving birth in this rose bush!!”



A/N: There you are!! A little cliffie to keep you going, an unexpected surprise!! Hello again, and thank you for your reviews! Please review again, if you have time!!