Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Remember Cedric Diggory by Roommate of the Quillster

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Something, someone is tugging me—pulling me away… away from… whatever it was. I was happy back there; why am I leaving? What is this place I’m coming back to? Coming back to? This is a cemetery, somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be in the first place… why was I here to begin with? Why can’t I remember? Remember my story… remember who I am…

It happened so fast—I don’t really know any details about this place. I just know that I am here now, and something is pulling me out of this wand…

A wand? But not just a wand, somehow… somehow it’s connected to another wand—and there’s music! A Phoenix song… The music—it represents something, or someone important—but where is it coming from?

My eyes come back to the wands—they’re connected with a golden thread and surrounded by some kind of a web. Beads of light are traveling towards the wand I climbed out of… How did I come out of a bead of light? How am I here? Why can I not do anything but watch? Why are these two wizards staring at me… and each other… it’s a duel! But why?

The boy… Somehow, I remember that boy… he is important, I know he is. But how? What did he do? Why is the dark-haired boy so important? He looks… shocked. Does he know me? Why is that scar so familiar?

The boy! We were together— there was a task… A tournament… a competition between… between other witches and wizards? No—between schools… but something went wrong. Something unexpected happened. And that’s why I’m here. I died. Somehow, I’m not alive—wait! I felt a sense of urgency… somehow I need to help this boy.

Frantically, I glance at the other wizard. An evil wizard—with slits for nostrils and red eyes wide with horror—looking at me… A grown wizard, scared of me?

Why did I come out of his wand?


Suddenly I remember—it’s not supposed to be like this—this isn’t the end we wanted. It is supposed to be a victory! And it went wrong… terribly wrong.

We ended up in a graveyard far away from Hogwarts. We… me… and the boy! My eyes traveled back to the dark haired boy with glasses. We were in it together, this tournament. It was supposed to bring witches and wizards together, safely… But there were two others—four champions! I was one of them—and the boy… there was something important about the boy. We were both champions…

Suddenly it hits me. I know it; I know this boy is the key. He is the only person who will ever be able to defeat the darkest wizard I have ever seen—the evil man standing in front of me. And I know, somehow, at all costs, he must be defeated. How? I don’t know…

He killed me and would kill many others. He is going to kill the boy. The boy with the scar… The boy… the boy… Potter! Harry Potter!

“Hold on, Harry!”




A/N: Disclaimer: I don’t own Cedric Diggory’s character, and I don’t claim anything that happened in Goblet of Fire including plot, characters, setting, everything. This scene is inspired from pages 665-6 in the American edition, and the last line is JKR’s, not mine, found on page 666.